• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Worldwide (Discussion)

Hello there ladies and gentlemen of Pokecharms its been awhile since I lasted made a role play. This will be my second attempt at making this dream role play of mine a thing. Been chatting with my good friend and fellow charmer @PyroGaleZX about what I can do to make this somewhat successful. But enough about that lets get this started.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Pokemon, where our heroes will explore the differing regions of the Pokemon World. Beginning in the Kanto where Professor Oak has called new trainers from all around the world to take on this huge request.

Role Play

Rules
1. Play nice with the other PRPers
2. No Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, Battle Bond, or Legendaries
3. Read the Sites RP Rules, click here to read them
4. No Fakemon or Pokemon Cross-Breeds
5. We go by anime rules
6. 2 Pokemon to start (No Final Stage Pokemon)
7. Try to avoid using Pokemon others are using

Small things to note:
  • When battling a fellow RPer be fair I don't want to read a one-sided battle where one OC's pokemon is dodging everything their opponent is throwing at them.
  • Make sure you read everyone's post I don't want to see someone's OC shrugging off other's attempts to interact with your OC.
  • The cast size is a maximum of 4 (will increase if needed.)
Character Sheet:
Name:
Appearance:
Goal:
Backstory: (Optional)
Partner/Pokemon on hand: (Optional)

Pokémon:
Species:
Nickname:
Hidden Power:
Special Features:
History:
Personality:

Name: Chase Morrison
Hometown & Region: Cinnabar Island, Kanto
Personality: Chase is an easygoing and carefree kid that tries to see the best in people and pokemon.
Appearance: Chase has gold colored eyes and short spiky red hair. He wears a black long sleeved button up with a red tie, tan jeans, and black/red running shoes.
Goal: To see the world
Partner/Pokemon on hand: Growlithe

Pokémon:
Species: Growlithe
Nickname: None
Ability: Flash Fire
Special Features: None
History: Chase first met Growlithe when he was 8 coming across it when it was in very poor health. He spend countless days slowly nursing it back after it fully recovered it decided to stay Chase's side.
Personality: Growlithe is a gentle Pokemon who likes to help anyone that's in trouble.

Chase (BriefStar)
Anthony (Red Gallade)
Coz ('Candle')
Liana (Astrial)
Alexander (Oz_)
Cast will change if a RPer decides to drop out or have been inactive in the in the role play for more than a week.​

Last edited:
Nice to see this RP's making a comeback, Imma see if I can join and throw in a character I used for the previous.

Name: Anthony Phillips
Hometown & Region: Lavender Town
Personality: Anthony is a friendly, calm and laid back individual who isn't afraid to make new friends or start a conversation. He loves Pokemon and enjoys battling, displaying a more confident persona when doing so, but he has a strong hatred for losing and stubbornly sees defeat as humiliation, mainly blaming himself for his defeats.
Appearance: Standing at 5'5 with Fair skin, Hazel colored eyes and smooth long White hair (something that runs in his family.) His clothing consists a turtleneck jacket colored White from the neck to his upper chest and Red from there to the bottom (Black for his sleeves), Black pants, Black trainers with White soles, Black fingerless gloves and a Blue belt bag that rests close to his left hip. (The link provides a much better example.)
Goal: To battle trainers and see Pokemon, both from all over the world.
Partner: Munchlax

Pokémon:
Species: Munchlax
Ability: Thick Fat
Special Features: N/A
History: Munchlax' egg was hatched a short time after Anthony was born and the two have grown up seeing each other like brothers. (Not the most dramatic backstory, I know.)
Personality: Munchlax is gluttonous as one would expect from a Munchlax. He cares about Anthony and hates seeing him feel down, even if it were something as simple as boredom, while he is friendly towards other people and Pokemon, he isn't afraid to show aggression if anyone were to hurt Anthony.

I assume like the last RP, we'll only find Pokemon form their respective regions?

I figured that's part of the reason why the old one died like it did. This time around I won't wait as long to get the RP going. So if we get one more person to join we'll be progressing from there the last person can caught up.

Last edited:

|Bread|

Previously 'Candle'
Name: Coz Topaz
Hometown And Region: Slateport City, Hoenn
Personality: Coz is a goofy one. He is strong-willed and over-confident. He can be really shy and anxious with new people and prefers to talk to Pokémon rather than people.
Appearance:
38377A02-4A2F-45FF-A0FD-241F0CD71BC3.png

Goal:
Become an electric type gym!
Backstory: Coz was born in the forest. He was left alone after he started growing orange hair. This gave him a sense of insecurity and loneliness. He later moved to Slateport City with Milky at the age of 9. (Not a great backstory but good enough?)
Partner: Eevee

Pokemon
Species:
Eevee
Nickname: Milky
Ability: Run Away
Special Features: A regular Eevee but wears a white and black checkered bandanna around their neck.
History: Milky was found alone in the hollow of a red oak tree in the forest. Coz had bonded with this Eevee because of how they were both lonely, left alone to survive with nothing. And so they stayed together, loving each other because no one else loved them their whole life.
Personality: Milky is an adventurous, joyful little Eevee. They seem to venture away sometimes, getting themself lost in the buildings of Slateport. Sometimes Milky can be aggressive, making them unpredictable and moody.

Name: Liana Jameson
Hometown & Region: Nacrene city, Unova
Personality: She's relatively quiet, and rarely starts conversation with new people on her own. She's a scholarly type, often going to the small guides she keeps on her at all times for help.
Appearance: 4'4'' with tan skin and vibrant blue eyes. Her auburn hair falls into tight ringlets and goes about 3/4 of the way down her back. She wears a burgundy sweater, black jeans, and black boots. She always has a large white bag hanging from her shoulder that she keeps her stuff in.
Goal: To become a Pokémon researcher or Journalist.
Partner/Pokémon on hand: Blitzle

Pokémon:
Species
: Blitzle
Nickname: Tess
Ability: Motor Drive
History: They met when Tess suddenly ran into Nacrene city whilst being chased by a pack of Patrat. Liana helped get the Blitzle to safety while trainers chased the Patrat off. Tess stuck with Liana after that, and the two are rarely separate.
Personality: She's a fierce Pokémon, despite her small size, and won't hesitate to show her dominance if Liana seems threatened. This usually ends with her getting her tail kicked, but she'd still defend her trainer no matter what.

I don't know if you're still accepting, but if so, here goes.

Name: Alexander Teel
Hometown & Region: Veilstone City, Sinnoh
Personality: Mostly neutral towards most situations, excluding research. They can be relatively quiet, but will chime into a conversation if they hear something interesting. They also open up a lot once they meet somebody. However, they aren't good at dealing with common sense.
Appearance: They're slightly taller then average, with slightly messy black hair and dull blue-grey eyes, with relatively pale skin. They sometimes wear a lab coat, however, they often find a way to trip over it, so it isn't worn often. Instead, Alexander often wears a thick sweater, with navy-blue for the sleeves, and a dark grey for the rest of the sweater. Along with that are some average blue jeans, and black sneakers. They also sometimes wear glasses due to their terrible eyesight. They carry a large backpack, with supplies.
Goal: To establish a base for research, and/or to become a powerful Steel-Type trainer.
Backstory: Born in Veilstone, Alexander had to deal with many problems that living in Veilstone brought. One of them was an abundance of criminals who would try to steal money, and/or Pokémon.
Partner/Pokemon on hand: Porygon

Species: Porygon
Nickname: Agate
Ability: Download
Hidden Power: Steel
History: While Alexander was sitting in a Pokémon Center, a wild Porygon suddenly flew out of a PC that was being repaired. After Alexander threw the one empty Pokeball he had found lying on the ground days before, he caught the Pokémon. It became his most trusted partner from that day.
Personality: Agate is very expressive, in contrast to Alexander, and it will also make bold attempts to protect Alexander. Agate is also an incredibly calm Pokémon, compared to others of its species.

I mean, this character probably sucks, but maybe it doesn't.

Last edited:

|Bread|

Previously 'Candle'
Also, Coz's outfit contains of:

A blue sweater (As shown in picrew photo)
Navy blue undershirt with a yellow star
Cream short's that reach just a bit passed his knees
White Bandanna (Whom given to him as a present from Mr. Torki)
Tennis shoes with teal and black patterns.
A light yellow-cream sash backpack with a yellow stripe down the middle.

Hey- I’ve yet to start a Pokémon Rp on charms, but I’m looking to have a journey.

If your current members are out, I wouldn’t mind taking a spot. Though, I do wanna know some more about the world.

Are you going off game mechanics, anime mechanics, or a mix? What ‘universe’ is this taking place in? Is Red a real person? Ash? Both or neither?

In the same vein- what’s the time era? Pre-evil organization, or post? If it’s after, we’ll we be making new enemies?

Sorry, just wanna build up a good view if you’re down for having me.

@BriefStar

Since we’re all starting out older than typical trainers, is it fair to say some of us might already have some experience?
E.I. Could I claim I had a full team of 6 before I came to Kanto? Or are we all fresh-faced, late-bloomers? Lol

I’m totally okay with that, just wanna clarify.

I do wish there still was a spot open so I could join. Anyways, good luck with your RP.

Last edited:
Ok here goes

Name: Moxxie Kovox

Hometown & Region : Pallet Town, Kanto

Personality: happy go lucky, Determined and Kind

Appearance: White hair, 5’3 inches in height and has light skin

Goal: Win the Pokémon league and make tons of friends on the way

Partner Pokémon: Nidorino and Ralts

Nicknames: Ralts: Reyli and Nidorino : dokuga

Both: Males

Name: Vincent ‘Vince’ Wilder
Hometown & Region: Olivine City, Johto

Personality: Combination personality, containing a mix of Virtuoso, Campaigner, and Logician.
Virtuoso- Bold and practical experimenters, masters of all kinds of tools.
Campaigner- Enthusiastic, creative, and sociable free spirits who can always finds a reason to smile.
Logician- Innovative inventors who have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge.
{See below for personality chart}
https://www.16personalities.com/personality-types (Personality Types | 16Personalities)

Appearance: Slightly above average in height, with a moderately athletic build and fair, even skin.
Burgundy hair worn in short, lightly combed spikes that fell forward.
His charcoal eyes have a large, round, inviting appearance- though this is almost always hidden behind a slightly skeptical furrowed brow.
He wears a collared, black and white jacket with the sleeves rolled up to his forearms. Underneath said jacket is usually a simple black or white t-shirt. His legs are covered by a set of simple, well-made, navy-blue jeans. His feet are protected by a set of black, slip resistant sneakers with white trim.
He carries a moderately sized, dark brown duffel bag on his back.

Goal: Vincent currently doesn’t have one specific goal, as he aims to simply expand his arsenal of knowledge and equipment. He has occasionally thought about what it would be like to study the ruins of legendary Pokémon, but he doesn’t suspect he’ll find anything different than those before him.
One could say Vince’s current goal is helping Grendel achieve his goal; to become a powerful and well-respected Pokémon.

Backstory:
Vince was lucky to say he had a relatively privileged life growing up. His father was a technical engineer who did repairs on Olivine City’s Lighthouse, while his mother managed a Pokémon Food factory near the outskirts of Olivine. Overall, the Wilder household was known for being a hard-working, bright-minded family- and Vince was no exception to this.

By age two, he was a master of slipping out/over/around baby gates and cribs.
By five, he’d figured out how to work the breaker box, so he could watch television while grounded.
By age seven, he was rigging training wheels to the back of his friends skateboards so they wouldn’t fall back while practicing.

Having taken notice of his sons interest in crafting, Mr. Wilder decided to start teaching his son everything he knew about engineering. What’s more, he gifted his son a Teddiursa as a friend who could help him while working. Little did Mr. Wilder realize he would be setting his son up for the rest of his life.

The young man spent his next few years learning under the guidance of his father, all the while tinkering with small projects here and there.
His first truly successful project had only just recently been completed, and was made specifically for his trip to Kanto.
He calls it the X-Gear, his combination of Unova’s Xtransceiver and Johto’s Pokegear. It’s essentially an Xtransceiver with an additional flip-screen.
As one might expect, it has all the functions of a Pokegear and an Xtransceiver, with the addition of a flashlight function simply because he had the extra space.

Now, more prepared than he could ever be, Vincent set the out for the Kanto Region.

Partner: Teddiursa

Species: Teddiursa
Nickname: Grendel
Ability: Quick Feet- If effected by a status ailment, Grendel receives a 50% speed boost.
Special Features: A bit on the smaller side, standing at 1’9” instead of the average 2’0”

History: Grendel originally lived in a pack consisting of himself and his three siblings. Unfortunately for him, Grendel was the runt of the four, and was often overshadowed by the others. Despite the unlucky dice he rolled, Grendel was able to put up with being the underdog for quite awhile. He aimed to prove that he was more talented than his siblings, but no matter how hard he tried, Grendel always seemed to be one step behind, which only made himself suppressed frustrations
Then, one fateful day, while Grendel was training against the third weakest of his siblings, he actually managed to overpower his bigger brother. However, this brief taste of victory was almost immediately taken away as Grendel’s downed sibling, the one he was so close to defeating, evolved.
Now, the gap between Grendel and his siblings was only that much wider. Grendel couldn’t take it. Against his better instincts, he ran away from his siblings, and took shelter in a Dark Cave, where he ultimately got lost.
Fortunately for him, Mr. Wilder just so happened to be crossing through said cave, on his way home from a supply pickup in New Bark Town.
Although Grendel tried to act brave since he was around someone so much bigger than himself, he couldn’t help but break down crying; clearly traumatized by the whole ordeal.
Realizing this Teddiursa was in desperate of a caring home, Mr. Wilder chose to bring it with him. He chose to give it the nickname Grendel, as it was a powerful character from a story Mr. Wilder enjoyed.

Personality: Small but mighty. Grendel doesn’t let his short stature get him down. Despite his trainer not being much of a battler, he sure is.
Grendel will take on anyone, anytime, anytime...though- he gets pretty scared in the face of giant Pokémon. Kinda puts a damper on the whole ‘confidence’ thing. (Will develop in rp)

Name: James Jones
Hometown & Region: Hau'oli, Melemele island in the Alola Region
Personality: Hard-headed, normally refusing to listen to advice, even if it's completely reasonable, this also goes for managing things, meaning that he's extremely unorganized and often late everywhere.
He's also a sore loser, normally not liking to admit defeat instead opting to blame anything else.
Extroverted, he enjoys making friends, and loves talking about Pokemon and different regions.
Passionate, He's pretty passionate, often trying to hard to do everything. He enjoys giving it his all no matter what, and he absolutely loves Pokemon and everything about it, constantly fanboying about Pokemon trainers.
Curious, He's a very curious person, enjoys learning about new things, and is absolutely in-love with different regions, this aspect of his personality is why he wanted to start his journey in the first place, he wants to learn as much as he possibly can from new regions and towns: their culture, style of life and, most importantly, the Pokemon in the region.
Brave, he's brave, but almost stupidly brave, he jumps into situations that no one with common sense would even think about doing.
This brave aspect of his personality is likely thanks to how curious, yet hard-headed he is.

Appearance: He's pretty tall for his age, being 5'3, he has brown skin, brown eyes and a rather large afro, it's fluffy.
He normally wears a hoodie with a Pokeball on it's back, underneath the blue hoodie (which he mostly keeps unzipped), is a black shirt, with a Garchomp logo on him (He's always liked Garchomp, since it is the Ace of his favorite trainer), he wears baggy black sweatpants, they look rather used, he wears some blue sneakers, with black lines on the sides.
Goal: He has two main goals: To explore every region: to learn about the people who live there, and to become a formidable trainer, known worldwide.
Backstory: He was born in Hau'oli city, in the Alola region, to a loving mother, father and older sibling, his parents are known in the region for their formidable battling skills and incredible Pokemon ability, his older sibling, (being seven years older than him), started his Pokemon journey when James was very young, and, his sibling too became an incredibly powerful Pokemon trainer, since all three of them were Pokemon trainers, James would often spend time alone at home, but, he had the company of his partner, Rowlet

As time passed and James grew up, it seemed he quite lacked in the ability to become a Pokemon trainer, being honest, he was bad at it.
This made him feel plenty of pressure. Losing so often made him frustrated and a sore loser, and he became hard-headed when everyone would act like they knew more than him because they were better.

This lead to James often feeling isolated, and finding comfort in learning about other regions and cultures, he enjoyed reading about the popular myths of Sinnoh, Alola and learning about the darkest day, from the Galar Region.

James soon came to a realization, maybe, if he were to explore all the regions and meet trainers from around the world, he'd discover what made them (the trainers) so great, that's when he decided to set out on a journey, across all of the regions.

Partner/Pokemon on hand:
Rowlet

Species: Rowlet
Nickname: Row (real creative, I know)
Ability: Overgrow
Special Features: Has a hat (looks exactly like the hat the male protagonist wears in Sun and Moon)
History: Rowlet was found abandoned by it's trainer near the outskirts of Hau'oli city, James and his brother found it while running erands, they took him in, and the Rowlet grew close to James, so, Rowlet stood with James and are now nearly inseperable, Rowlet always rests on James's shoulder, or sleeps in his bag.
Personality: Like his partner, he's very extroverted, quick to try and make friends with other Pokemon, but he's a bit care-free, often not taking battles very seriously, which has cost James a few sparring matches against his old friends.
But he's very kind, and playful, and normally the voice of reason between him and James.
He's also a bit jumpy, normally has a hard time dealing with scary situations.

(I know the cast is currently full, but I'm mainly submitting if that were to ever change, catch my drift?)

Last edited:
I need to get a post in and have Anthony move on, also wondering what his first Pokemon should be and where he finds it if you remember his endgame Kanto team.

I tried looking back from the old rp but couldn't find it. I'm pretty sure you'll think of something. Also I've decided to only have Gen 1 and 2 available in the Kanto region for any mons outside of this just shoot me a dm me the reason why that Pokémon was in the region.

Almost forgot Pokémon that evolve in later gens still have access to them.

861943_trainercard-Anthony.png

Was thinking he find either Magby or Elekid sometime before he reaches the next town; I feel like Magby might make more sense.

Also remembered that either way, he'll have a hard time (no pun intended) against the Rock type Gym leader, Brock.

@Oz_ you was free to post I'm pretty sure I was the last post of the Rp. If you want we can have our OCs meet up and journey together I'm sure we can make it work. With the others catching up to us as we advance through what I have planned.