• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Worldwide (Discussion)

Character Sheet:
Name: Cale
Hometown & Region: Circhester, Galar
Personality: Cale is a quiet, but determined boy. He feels the need to assert himself in a bad situation, which often gets him into trouble. Cale takes pride in caring for his Pokémon
Appearance: Cale wears a black sweatshirt, and red shorts. He has messy dark brown hair, and wears white shoes. He also wears a black backpack with red straps.
Goal: Travel the world catching Pokémon, and winning battles. He aims to get every gym badge, and defeat the Pokémon League.
Backstory: Cale comes from a small family in Circhester. His family worries about him, and doesn't want him to get into danger. After some tough convincing, Cale was able to start his own journey with his Pokémon.
Partner/Pokémon on hand: Sneasel

Pokémon:
Species: Sneasel
Ability: Pickpocket
Special Features: Sneasel wants to train in the arts of a ninja.
History: Sneasel met Cale on Route 10, Galar. Cale's father caught Sneasel, and handed him off to Cale once he was old enough to become a Pokémon trainer.
Personality: Sneasel is much like Cale. He stays quiet, but won't back down from a fight. Other Pokémon often find Sneasel intimidating.

(I thought since all you have met the professor, I could be a trainer that doesn't meet the professor. Like some of the rivals you encounter throughout your journey.)

Last edited:
Hmm, maybe I might change one or two of Anthony's endgame Pokemon to a Pokemon he's more likely to find in Route 1 or 2.

Last edited:

|Bread|

Previously 'Candle'
@BriefStar I would just want you to know that I posting and am still interested in this. The past week or so I’ve been busy mainly family stuff and school work (Doesn’t help that I have to do 5 days work because I’m sick). Anyways I hope that this rp can continue.

@'Candle' don't sweat it I saw your post that's why I said a week I know people have life's outside of the RP. Thanks for letting know hope you get better.

@Oz_ before I get started on my post will it be okay for me to slightly auto your OC. I'm only going to have our characters walk together to Viridian City its also fine if you want to type that part yourself.

Last edited:
Is it ok if we find Pokémon that aren't usually found in Kanto games?
Also, I want my character to be introduced in Route 2. I want him to catch a Fletchling there, and find another trainer to battle like Chase.

Last edited:
Name: Christopher
Hometown & Region: New Bark Town, Johto
Personality: Althought well-intentioned, Christopher's need to stick to certain rules and obsession over little things makes him look as spineless teenager. Aware that he might come out as annoying, he keeps a lot of things to himself unless he can’t help it. On the bright side of things, Christopher also attempts to be as friendly possible with others when he has the chance to be so, sometimes a little bit too nice for his own good.

Although it might not seem like it at first, Christopher is rather competitive. Often comparing others progress with his own in order to get brief sparks of motivation. This creates moments in which Christopher attempts to improve his trainer skills alongside Totodile, but never launching out in an actual travel because he doesn’t considers himself to be ready enough for it. Funnily enough, he always carries Poke Balls, Medical and other type of utility objects that he doesn’t expects nor gets to actually need for the most. But when he needs them, it turns out that he forgot it over picking the wrong object in a rush. He has quite some funny (not so funny for him, of course) histories about those instances.
Appearance: 5'5" tall. Dark brown eyes and black and short hair covered by an entirely white cap with sunglasses over it. Wears a white shirt almost completely buttoned. Below that, he wears a black long sleeve t-shirt. He wears a somewhat pale shade of beige pants and black shoes.
Goal: Hand a mysterious egg Professor Elm found to Professor Oak (Currently). Explore the world and collect several types of rare Pokémon (Long term)
Backstory: After receiving his starter at the age of 10, Christopher decided to take things slow and decided to help Professor Elm's studies about Pokémon Breeding instead of starting off his journey in order to get to know the world that he was planning to get into a little better. However, overtime his original goal was so pushed over by the endless researches that he seemingly forgot about his expected journey after getting used to his occupation as one of Elm's helpers.

Truth is that, despite never acknowledging it, Christopher is truly afraid to come out of his comfort zone. He might know quite a bit about Pokémon in general, but he takes failure as something really bad and thus tries to escape from that by no giving himself the chance to be either successful or a failure. He thought he was good at hiding it, but Elm eventually noticed it but never directly confronted him about it. In an attempt to light an spark on Christopher, Elm send him to Pallet Town by his lonesome under the excuse of handing a rare kind of egg to Oak and that he was a trainer competent enough for the quest.
Partner/Pokemon on hand: Totodile

Pokémon:
Species:
Totodile
Ability: Torrent
Special Features: None in particular
History: Totodile used to be one of the three starters available for a new trainer to choose. When the day came, he was picked by Christopher as his first Pokémon. Since then, Totodile has helped Christopher in his role as one of Elm's assistances. His currently Christopher's sole Pokémon in his journey towards Pallet Town.
Personality: Completely different from his trainer, Totodile is a rather carefree Pokémon with a strong will that aims to fight as much as possible to get stronger and stronger. Rather reckless, he will often put himself and his trainer in serious troubles. Despite this, Totodile is a genuinely loyal Pokémon to his trainer and cares for him as much as his trainer does, often overcoming their disagreements and compromising the one to the other to fulfill their needs as trainer and Pokémon.

Last edited:
Name: Lilie
Hometown & Region: Unova
Personality: Lilie is an upfront, yet quiet kid. Always excited to see something new. She doesn't enjoy battling because of how she was treated by others.
Appearance: Platinum Blonde hair that is tied in one ponytail, with a purple shirt, and overalls that act like shorts. She has yellowish goldish goggles she wears while studying.
Goal: To be able to pay for her future expenses.
Backstory: Grown in a poor house-hold, she always found peace, even as a little girl, in the forest of Unova. Being surrounded by bugs. Her mother being in Roxie's band, her father being a part-time star at Poke-Studios. They don't get enough money to buy a big fancy house, but always enough for Lilie to go to bed with food in her tummy. When her 12th birthday rolled along, Lilie told her parents she wants to go to the Kanto region. Lilie was always bullied for being around the forest, always being the only kid who went around bug types.
Partner/Pokemon on hand: Rodney the Sewaddle

Pokémon:
Species: Sewaddle
Nickname: Rod, Rodney
Ability: Chlorophyll
Hidden Power: Dark
Special Features: N/A
History: Rodney was found and gifted to Lilie on her 12th birthday by Lilie's father, in hopes Lilie will show people she doesn't enjoy getting bullied.
Personality: Calm, peaceful, a little lazy.

Name:Xavier
Hearthome City in Sinnoh
Personality:Quiet and usually alone.That kind of guy who no one really talks to.Xavier keeps his cool,even when he loses.He sometimes has a clever yet fine by the rules plan up his sleeve.He also is very kind around Pokémon.
Appearance:Usually has a black hoodie with a Gengar face on it,and almost always has his hood up.He wears worn-down blue jeans and brown boots.He keeps his Pokeballs in the pocket on his hoodie.
Goal:To become champion and get recognized for the first real time.
Pokémon:Drifloon

Drifloon
Nickname:Helium
Ability:Aftermath
Hidden Power:Fire
Special Feature:The cloud on its head covers up its left eye,and has a bandage on its right cheek.
History:It met Xavier when it had a tear in its skin.Xavier took the Pokémon home with him when he was six,and that’s where Helium got his bandage.It and Xavier were close friends ever since.
Personality:It usually has an upbeat and happy mood.Bur when Helium is separated from its trainer,it gets depressed and sad.

|Bread|

Previously 'Candle'
@BriefStar That seems pretty cool. Question, what would the small tournament be? Battle? Race? If you don't really want to be specific then that's cool. I'll just wait.

Name: Shiori
Hometown & Region: New Bark Town, Johto
Personality: Stubborn, Caring, Low-key Rebellious, Compassionate, Hardworking
Appearance:
Shiori screenshot.png

Left arm and leg are deformed, hence the mechanical limbs.
Goal: To become a Pokemon breeder/trainer
Backstory:
Partner: Houndour and an Egg from her uncle (it's a Tyrunt)

Species: Houndour
Nickname: Alice
Ability: Early Bird
Special Features: 3 scars on her left cheek right below the eye
History:
Personality:

Is it alright if I make up the rest as we go, or would you rather I put it all down right now?

|Bread|

Previously 'Candle'
Name: Coz "Cards" Topaz

Hometown & Region: Slateport City, Hoenn

Personality: Coz is a witty, patient, and agreeable person. He tends to be extremely flirty with others xe meets but doesn't actually want to engage in a romantic relationship. They are pretty odd yet also mature, always telling others to act their age. Xe are also very naive.

Appearance:
197705_iDAldnH8.png
Coz, known throughly as Cards, stands at 5'5. He has tanned skin and short orange hair and bangs. Certainly they give off an odd sense of style at first but as you get to know xem they become much more recognized and loved. Xe have darker green eyes speckled with brown.

As for clothing, Cards wears a white button up with a black strip cris crossed and button around their neck. A brown vest is pulled over that and is sported with dark brown colored pants and black and white hightops. They also wear sunglasses up on his head. They wear a blue bracelet with a star in the middle on xer left wrist.

Goal: Photographer of specifically Water and Eletric type Pokémon

Backstory: Coz Aries Topaz was born to a low classed family of four in a forest at the outskirts of Slateport City. His sister was the only one who cared of him as his parents were always out working. However when Coz aged to about five years, his parents abandoned his sister and xem. So the two walked to Slateport City together and lived on the streets for days before being encountered by an older aged man of the name Mr. Toki. Mr. Toki brought Willow (his older sister) and Coz in. Xe lived there for years until Willow moved out and Coz went out to start his Pokémon journey.

Partner/Pokemon on hand: Otter the Eevee

Pokémon:
Species: Eevee

Nickname: Otter

Ability: Adaptability

Hidden Power: N/A
Special Features: Otter wears a small red bow-tie and a pink and yellow flower at its ear.

History: Otter was found nestled in the bushes between two small creeks in the forest. It appeared to be sleeping when Coz found it and it also appeared to be injured so Coz took it in and nursed it back to health. After about 4 months the two had bonded. So instead of releasing it, xe decided to keep it and name her Otter because of the water.

Personality: Otter is a vulnerable and very easily over powered Pokémon. It prefers to rest alongside its Trainer's side. After getting to know another Pokémon or Trainer, it will begin to open up and be extremely cuddly and lovey. Despite these traits, it also tries to sneak outside at night to watch the stars or the clouds.

- also 300th message yayy!! -

This looks interesting, I'll give it a go.

Name: Jamie Hull
Hometown & Region: Cinnabar Island, Kanto
Personality: Jamie has a large reserve of empathy for everything around him and often finds himself daydreaming fantastic and imaginative things. Jamie's idealism is very apparent when you first meet him, although he might seem a bit shy and timid, unwilling to share his inner world with other people. He's a bit sensitive to the world around him, but it allows him to see the beauty of every little detail. With his endless aspirations and dreams, he often finds himself wishing to do more things than he can ever accomplish. This is probably because his life would feel empty without a calling, and exploring different paths gives Jamie the feeling of exploration he needs. His morality is strongly defined. Jamie's quiet acts of kindness and good may inspire others travelling with him.
Appearance (ah yes, the bane of my existence...): Jamie has somewhat long brown hair with green eyes, always seeming to look off into the distance. He stands at a typical height for his age, and typically wears t-shirts and shorts. He also wears running shoes and a backpack filled with supplies.

Goal: He longs to be an author, and wants to log his adventures across the world as a start to his career.
Backstory: (Optional) He grew up on Cinnabar Island with a loving, generic family. He was always a quiet and creative child. Pretty bland, eh?
Partner/Pokemon on hand: (Optional) Seel and Mankey.

Species: Seel
Nickname: Della
Ability: Thick Fat
Hidden Power: Electric
Special Features: None
History: Jamie has had Della for as long as the two of them can remember.
Personality: Della is a very happy Pokemon, but wishes to spread her happiness with others, similar to Jamie in some ways. She always puts on a nice act for everyone. She's always reliable and ever-generous. She's always there to hold the team dynamic together, even if Nico's having a rougher day than usual.

Species: Mankey
Nickname: Nico
Ability: Vital Spirit
Hidden Power: Poison
Special Features: None
History: Nico was given to Jamie from his father, who was seemingly oblivious to their "hectic" nature.
Personality: Nico is... well... your typical Mankey most of the time. But when he's relaxed, he shows a different and more vibrant personality. He loves to be in the limelight, putting on a show for everyone around him. Nico's observance and sensitivity is something he shares with Jamie in some regard, but he's far more spontaneous and will go out of his way to console those who are injured.