• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed PokéSync: Role Play Thread

July 1, Fight Zone ~ Pyrrha

Pyrrha stretched, her claws clicking against the paved roads. Elation drove her limbs in long strides; excitement kept her muscles wound tight; and they, in turn, kept her feathers puffed and voluminous. She was puffed up with more pride than a Persian and she was easily twice as cute. Or she would be…if she weren’t covered in muck.

Victory exacted a dirty price, her vindictive opponents, hopeless to best her superior lineage, could only resort to petty mudslinging. The Rattata had nailed her with a filthy ball of mud that had marred her with a persistent stain. It reminded her of its user, stubbornly clinging to its betters. But soon it would be no more.

With her glorious victory over her first opponent, her human had been forced to recognize the error of her ways. Now Pyrrha was in charge and the first order of business was to remove this filth from her beautiful scales and feathers.

A percussion of scales announced her arrival: a spry, jangling, chime, set to the tempo of her steps. The walls of the big, red funny cave parted as she approached and caused her to rattle with approval—even nature recognized her magnificence and made way.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

July 1, Fight Zone ~ Esther

Esther sat on a bench outside the PokeCenter, carefully cleaning flicks of mud from the down of Pyrrha’s feathers. Despite the mundane nature of her task, a curious expression etched itself onto the girl’s features. Her fingers moved, gentle preening through the surprising softness and warmth of her partner, listening—with great glee—as the drake half-rattled half-purred in contentment.

The sound was like maracas and castanets, she couldn’t decide which it was closer to. It seemed to be produced as Pyrrha shuddered and her scales flittered against each other in what should’ve been a rather unpleasant sound; however, the layer of feathers beneath her scales had absorbed any hint of harshness, resulting in a sound Esther found oddly soothing.

Content to laze around for a bit longer, Esther continued to groom Pyrrha with one hand while her other made a call from her Poke-Device.

“Hello...Ron?”

The tired figure of a girl, heavily clothed and evidently slouching with the weight of the world on her back, dragged itself up the unfamiliar streets for the second time in the day - deja vu, and not in a good way either. It was not physical fatigue, of course; the girl's vast pool of fortitude had been untouched all day, and she moodily rolled a sugary lump from one side of her mouth to the other for that. Pokemon could support themselves, of course, and Avery had recently outgrown the requirement to tap into Mari's power to augment his own growth; she could feel his presence - vaguely - shifting in the corners of the pokeball, resting, thinking.

"'Ell, foine 'hen, sulk 'here all'e'wan! Th' weathe' ain't gettin' no wa'mer!" She proclaimed loudly to nobody in particular, as though to declare her albeit noisy arrival to what should have been the starting point to her journey - the Pokemon Centre, not some ratty jail cell for half-baked cowards. She oughta have known, of course, fear isn't easily outgrown, and now she was saddled with one of them - those who can't tell up from down once they get knocked around a little bit. Either too saintly or too scared to take action and handle the consequences, and she had no patience for either of the kind. She flicked the button of her heavy coat loose, letting the garment slide down her arms, freeing her from her heat hell; there was more than one prison to escape from in this journey, it seemed. No matter, she'd put them all aside, she'd shed them all to emerge the stronger. Her shoulders, slick with sweat, rolled back smoothly to feel the satisfying, painful tautness of muscle under ink and scar. Her sharp eyes scoured the Centre, now quiet and significantly more vacant, as she walked through, tying the coat around her waist. The cool, sterile air smelt... mhh, she couldn't be bothered to quite put her finger on it. She didn't like it. Shaking her head, Mari slung her bag up higher on her shoulder and stepped back out, having grown none the wiser on what quite to do next; was all that walking back to this godforsaken place for nothing? The injustice of the situation left a bitter taste in her mouth, one that not even her crude sweet could wash away, and she crunched down on the lump she'd be playing with, curling her mouth into a bare-toothed snarl. Ah, but there; finally someone with some spirit in this place - the blue-haired boy with the spikey aesthetic. The man who'd jumped right into the fray; now there's a boy she could get behind! Clicking her tongue in excitement, she jostled her bag up higher yet again and began walking towards him with intent.

Pokemon League Announcement — July 1st

Bzzt~* Bzzt~* Bzzt~*

Poke-Devices came alive as the Rotom and Porygon within were prompted with a low-priority—but priority nonetheless—announcement. To kick-start the Bronze League, spurring trainers to move faster and compete harder, the league had decided to grant a boon to all Bronze Ranked Trainers.

United Pokemon League

Please take note! The United Pokemon League has come to the decision to bear all travel costs for Bronze Ranked trainers until the eve of July 8th. All modalities of travel will therefore be free to Bronze Ranked Trainers for the remaining duration of the week.

Ron pouted and leaned back on the bench that had become nice and comfortable under the warm sun. He could feel Furia sound asleep inside her Pokeball and that began to make him drowsy also. He had been talking to Hilda for a bit, making time while they waited for a possible new teammate, but nothing had came up and now they both were just enjoying the moment, well at least Ron was. The idea of staying there for their first night began to sound good, until his RotomPhone interrupted his possible nap.

"Yo, wake your ass up! You got a call mofo, stop slacking and answer cuz dis annoying! Don't make me answer it..." The RotomPhone vibrated loudly until Ron picked up the call.

He didn't stood up and before he could say anything he saw in the distance a similar figure. He looked at the name on the screen. He hanged up without saying anything and waved towards the girl on the other side of the building. "Yo! Esther!" He signaled to Hilda to follow him, "This is the other girl I told you about."

He walked over to the new member of their team, Furia waking up to get herself acquainted with her possible rivals. "Hey, this is Hilda and Hilda this is Esther." Ron gave them a moment before he continued, "It was a pretty rough morning to be honest, I suggest we try and get moving, a lot of people already heading to other areas and most of them to the main land, taking advantage of the free transport." He stopped when he noticed a familiar face making her way over to them.

"Invite her."

Ron rolled his eyes, but if Furia already approved of the fourth member, he didn't see a reason as to why not. He waved towards Mari, like a proud friend after seeing they're both alive after a long battle. "Hey, you're that girl that got into the fight. We could use a fourth member, someone who isn't afraid to throw down already has my respect, Ron Towers by the way." He stretched out his hand. "So far it's us three and I was thinking we should scout out the islands around here before heading to the main land." He gave everyone a quick look before turning towards the path they would take. "So, you guys in?"

A Pidgey covered in confetti of all different colors flew above the group, sprinkling some down. The flying type seemed to have been painted gold for some reason...

July 1, Fight Zone

“Sure!” Esther leapt to her feet, she hadn’t realized her new teammates had been that close.

『Hey—what are you? Stop that and keep—』

“Return.”

Esther turned back to Ron, “I was planning to do just that. I heard there are Trapinch on Route 228 and I wanted to catch one. I’ll need Pokeballs to do that, so…a quick shopping trip before we leave?”

The gothic girl frowned and dusted the sudden shower of confetti from her clothes. Gold glitter? Eww.

Last edited:
After Ron and company gave Esther some time to go shopping, the group decided to head towards their next destination. However, said place was a bit far off and would take them some time to reach. So the next mission would be, getting transportation.

"Lenny's Uber?" Ron stood outside a beat down looking building that seemed to work as an auto shop and probably was a diner at some point. "You sure about this Rotom?" He looked down at the angry face displayed on the phone.

"Do I look stupid to you kid? I have access to all this info and my info says this dude legit will get you to where you want to go, too day!" The Rotom showed a bunch of weird data before going back to the angry emoticon. "Now get in there, request the service and after you use it, give the man five starts or I will slap you silly you son of a..."

Ron put his phone away and walked inside, pushing the screen door open and hearing the sound of a small bell. Quickly, a chubby looking Sunflora walked up, wearing a "Sunny" name tag. She usher them to walk further in until they were at the front counter, where a blonde man with a long white beard stood, grinning and waving at the group.

"Welcome y'all to Lenny's Uber, I'm Lenny and that there is Sunny. You the Ron that sent the order for transportation?" The final gave the girls behind Ron a smile, showing some gaps from missing teeth. "This shouldn't be tough at all, I've done bigger groups before. Now don't worry about the payment, the league is paying so you guys get the fancy stuff." He bit his lower lip as he nodded his head slowly. "The future of transportation, when you see my brother, tell him I sent ya."

Ron looked confused and without noticing, a Kadabra approached the group from behind and teleported them away. One second Ron was looking at Lenny and the next he was looking at a dirty wall with old calendars with pictures of woman in bikini and a few of some Pokemon. Before Ron could process what happened, he felt a strong need to close his mouth as his lunch tried to climb up his throat. The room began to feel weird and began to spin, making the young punk place his hand on the wall to make it stop.

"Hot diggity damn!" A man that looked very similar to Lenny but with gold teeth and a longer beard, stood at a counter with a chubby looking Skiploom floating next to him. "Y'all just took the deluxe package from by brother huh? I can see it in your faces, first time?" His eyes set on Esther. "You get used to it, no of you were pregnant right? Last time that happened my brother turned into a Kadabra." He removed his trucker cap, revealing his bald head and placed it against his chest. "We miss him everyday. Welcome! Enjoy your stay, you're the first bunch of trainers to make it this far, you get to choose em' Pokiman first. Let me know if ya need a ride back or some other kind of services." A Ditto peeked from behind the counter and gave the group a smile wave.

July 1, Fight Zone

Esther emerged from the Pokemart three-thousand poke poorer. To have blown that much money at once pained her heart, but she knew the life of a trainer was one of extravagant spending. Her brother had warned her of how difficult it could be to catch strong Pokémon and she wanted to ensure she was all stocked up on Pokéballs before her journey. With 15 empty Pokéballs added to her inventory, Esther was now ready for her hunt.

~~~~~

“You sure this is the place?”

Esther was a sceptic and her doubts were in no way assuaged by the state of the run-down garage.

Ron’s Rotom was rather adamant with its assertions, but Esther’s suspicions only deepened as the group entered the building.

The garage was occupied by a run-down car with a rusted chassis and short maybe three or four wheels. Esther inspected the room failing to see any other vehicles or Pokémon that could possibly transport them. Her brow pinched tightly. How were they going to—

In an instant, everything had changed. Esther blinked in stunned silence; her jaw hung open as she took in their new environs. The first thing she noticed was the calendars on the wall, the dates were a few years off, but that was irrelevant. The calendars were clearly there for the large buxom images of bikini models plastered across them. It wasn’t just people but also Pokemon, Esther could spot what was a very anatomically inaccurate drawing of a Lopuny in a micro-bikini and—what kind of sick fuc—

Esther turned away in disgust, her eyes falling from the raunchy calendars and onto a wastebasket filled with refuse. At the very top were crumpled balls of crusty tissue paper.

“Oh Arceus,” Her stomach turned as the effects of spatial transfer caught up with her and as her mind worked out what she was viewing, overwhelmed her. “I’m gonna—"

Esther rushed out of the building, vision swimming, and painted yesterday’s breakfast over a nearby bush. As the rest of the group streamed out of the building, Esther wiped her lips and gave Ron a dirty look.

“…what the hell, man?”

~~~~~

With Ron ostensibly being banned from choosing modalities of transport, the group had, under Esther’s guidance, caught a PokeRide that dropped them off at the sandy hills of route 228.

As the group moved over the dunes, Esther reminded them.

“Be careful, the guidebook says we need to watch out for—”

She was never afforded the opportunity to finish as the sand beneath their feet sunk inward, becoming a massive sand trap that had, in moments, swallowed the group.

Esther was thrown onto her back, spitting out some sand that had infiltrated her mouth. All around her were a network of tunnels, lit dimly by luminescent mosses that thrived in the damp underground, “Ugh.”

“Remember to watch out for Sand traps, created by nesting Pokemon.

“Guess it’s too late for that…”

$2,000
Pokeballs x 15

Last edited:
Ron shook his head, tossing sand to the side while Furia emerged from her Pokeball, sniffing the air before growling internally. Ron checked that everyone else was okay before looking around and then upwards, seeing where they had fallen from.

"Your methods of transportation are unique..." Ron teased checking his phone to see which way was north. "Alright, we might need to find a way out of here. Unless someone has a Pokemon that can get us out through the way we came in, we should search for an exit." Ron scratched the back of his head, not really sure what he was doing.

Furia on the other hand was already hard at work, walking around sniffing the air and feeling air currents. She ignited the fire on her back to give a better view of the are and used it as a warning against any Pokemon lurking around. She wasn't about to die in some hole.

Esther PoV ~ Date: July 1

“Oh stuff it,” Esther grasped at Pyrrha’s Pokéball.

“These tunnels are supposed to be Pokémon nests, so if we can find whatever lives here then it can probably lead us out.”

She pointed towards a nearby junction that split off into three tunnels, scooting forward she peeked cautiously around each corner.

There, at the end of the second corridor, was a set of beady little eyes attached to an orange face.

“A Trapinch!” she squealed.

“New plan,” Esther jumped into the corridor, dropping all pretense of caution. “Help me catch that thing, that’s our ticket outta here!”

Pyrrha’s Pokéball burst open as the drake took center-stage. Esther angled her Pokedevice at the Trapinch, trying to get a read on it. Before the sensors could lock onto the sandy bug-type, the ant-lion Pokémon lunged forward with blinding speed. The Trapinch slammed into Pyrrha and the tunnel shook slightly as the drake, caught just as off-guard as its trainer, was knocked into a wall.

Last edited:
Ron saw the ongoing battle and felt Furia's instinct to join fuel his own. "Watch our backs!" Ron told Hilda and Mari before moving ahead and joining the match.

The Cyndaquil didn't hesitate to move ahead, positioning herself a good distance from the Trapinch and also Pyrrha, as if it was a triple threat match. She let her presence be known by letting out a loud cry and then shooting a series of small embers towards the ground type.

"Right, Ember!" Ron called out, feeling weird that his Pokemon went and attacked on her own. "Keep it calm Furia, we don't want a horde jumping us."

Pyrrha PoV ~ Date: July 1

Pyrrha shook off the woozies as she recovered from the powerful « First Impression ».

“Lucky shot,” she growled, feathers once more muddied. The drake gazed down at the offender with simmering rage. How dare that insect sully her plumage!

She watched with some satisfaction as a volley of « Ember » peppered the Trapinch’s side, and turned to note that another Pokémon had joined the battle. Clearly, this one was on their side.

She turned her beak at the thought, scoffing at Furia. “I don’t need your help for the likes of her.”

Pyrrha had been prepared to throw herself back into the battle when the sound of music began to play.

As all eyes seemed to turn to her trainer, the gothic girl shrugged and swung her body in light, peppy steps. “What? You don’t like battle music?”

“Don’t you think it adds to the mood~

Pyrrha rolled her eyes, ignoring her trainer’s antics. Through their bond she could feel an influx of energy, invigorating her as the order for «Dragon Tail» was given.

Claws tearing into the ground, Pyrrha launched herself forward as the music began to ramp up! Her sharp eyes spotted the surface of ground just ahead of her break—'something's emerging!’

Bursting from the ground, was a chubby blue thing and Pyrrha could sense the draconic power within its body. Making a split-second decision, she dug her claws into the sand, her body skidding as she swung around and delivered a punishing «Dragon Tail» to the newly emerged Gible.

The Gible was blown away and Pyrrha leaped backward just in time to avoid a vicious «Bite» from Trapinch.

She landed beside Furia, casting a glance at the fire type.

“Doubling teaming a lone bug is one thing, but a two on two? I can accept that.”

Last edited:
Guy grinned as Andy greeted him back, "Nice to meet you, Andy. Nice to meet you to Aqua. Baby pokémon sure are adorable, and Aqua is no exception. How was your flight? How has your brief time in Sinnoh treated you?" Guy asked curiously.

Goju sat there atop Guy's head looking around before turning his attentions on the blue baby pokémon in front of him. "Bonsy bonsy bonslyyyy!( Hiya! Hiya there! I'm Goju which isn't really short for anything. Nice to meet you Aqua!) Goju cheered. Guy patted Goju before looking at his pokétech watch to check the time.

Last edited:
Furia growled at the new arrivals into the battle and the fact her "partner" was too cocky. She now felt the need to show how powerful she was, by trying to take on both opponents on her own. She prepared to launch ahead into battle when Ron's warning crept into her mind. She quickly looked to her right to see a stone being thrown at her, with a quick reflex, she rolled out of the way and watch the stone smash into the spot she had been standing before.

"Watch your right!" Ron pointed at the Larvitar that had emerged in time to interrupt Furia's attack. "Not a good type advantage there, be careful."

Furia looked over her shoulder at Pyrrha, "Watch and learn."

She took Ron's advice and covered herself and the Larvitar in a thick cloud of black smoke, then she began spamming her Ember attack. "Take it easy!" Ron called feeling the small shots of ember draining his energy bit by bit. "We're gonna end up in an ambush at this rate." He told Esther, hoping she would have a quick solution that didn't involve calling Lenny.

It was unlikely that the commotion caused by the battle would go unnoticed, and though running was an option, chances were that they would get lost amidst the labyrinth of tunnels. Thus, the only reasonable conclusion was… “The faster the better!” They needed to end the fight and quickly.

“Pyrrha!”

Heeding her call and sensing the influx of energy Esther had passed through their link, Pyrrha stood her ground, glowing with a soft light. The Trapinch and Gible seem to have come to an unspoken agreement as they began to attack in unison.

Pyrrha parried blows with her protective scale, but even the valiant drake could only handle so much. Attacks began to land on her body, knocking the dragon-type about like a rag-doll.

Still, there was no sign of weakness in the wyrm’s eyes and the glow around her began to grow stronger as she absorbed blow after blow. Soon, the light around her had become radiant, illuminating the tunnel. With a sharp scree, Pyrrha released her accumulated energy in a powerful «Bide».

The Gible nimbly avoided the blast, but the Trapinch was less fortunate. It had been nailed by a «Hypnosis» from Avery and had fallen fast asleep. As the tunnels darkened and Pyrrha’s burst of power faded, Esther pulled out a fresh Pokéball and tossed it!

Wibble…Wobble…Click!

Pumping her fist at her first bug-type catch, Esther retrieved Trapinch’s Pokéball and turned to Ron. The Gible seemed to have fled in the chaos and now only the Larvitar remained.

For her part, Pyrrha looked over gloatingly at Furia—she had finished her battle first.

• 2,000 poke
    • 14 pokeballs (-1 from catching Trapinch)

Ron kept his focus on the battle, along with Furia, they were waiting to see if the Larvitar had survived the wave of Ember attacks. The smoke began to dissolve and funny image of Larvitar dancing over the hot floor Furia had produced became clear. The Cyndaquil couldn't help but look proudly over her shoulder towards Pyrrha, showing that type advantage was not something that worried her. However the Larvitar didn't seem too happy and smashed the ground underneath it, using the newly dug up dirt to step on. It flinched a bit at the burn on its side before getting ready to use Rock Throw again.

"No you don't." Ron already had a Premier Ball on his hand as he tossed it quickly towards the Larvitar, hitting it directly in the face, making it show an angry face before being sucked in into the sphered item.

"Him?!"

Furia's voice was strong in Ron's head, probably not happy that he threw a Pokeball at the first chance he got, but a Larvitar was a pretty rare Pokemon that had incredible potential, something Ron believed in. The Premier Ball stopped moving soon and even though Ron was excited about it, he kept his cool as he casually picked it up. A smirk appeared on his face while he looked over at Furia.

The Cyndaquil growled a bit before turning towards her new rival, Pyrrha. "He got lucky, just like you did." Without anything else to say she joined Ron and the rest of the group, curious about what they were going to do next.

Esther felt bloated.

“Ohh…aren’t you a big boy,” the newly formed bond with her Trapinch weighed on her reserves of fortitude. Esther didn’t think she’d be able to carry a third Pokémon on-hand.

“No…? You’re a girl?”

Thoughts and emotions trafficked the bond between her and the antlion Pokémon but for the moment, Esther suppressed them. They needed to get out of these caves before something else found them.

“Help us out!”

~~~~~

Sometime later, the team emerged in the desert after being freed by Trapinch’s «Sand Tomb», which safely collapsed the ceiling above them, providing a way out.

They had returned to the Resort Zone via PokeRide, but Esther’s staunch refusal to go anywhere near Lenny’s Ubers, had resulted in the whole group boarding a ship headed to Sandgem Town.

Moxi walked through route 228 with his goggles over his eyes and his bandanna over his mouth while Yukan was inside his backpack and Kamakiri was walking next to him. “Glad we finally got outta that forest and made it to a Pokémon center although it did cost us some money , the good thing is we’re not broke right?” Yukan nodded in agreement while Kamakiri did the same. “Oh, KamaKiri I should take a look at your moves before we move further.” Moxi pulled out his Pokédex and looked at the move set.
“Let’s see False Swipe, Vacuum Wave, Pursuit, Wing Attack and Agility. That is a pretty good move set buddy.” Moxi said as he scratched the bottom of Kamakiri’s chin which made him close his eyes and smile.

Last edited by a moderator:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
As Robert went deeper and deeper into the cave, he became less and less enamored with the setting. Now that the novelty of the new location had worn off, the rookie trainer was becoming aware of all the problems with caverns that more experienced trainers would be all to aware of. The weird smells, the navigation hindering darkness, and the shrill echoes of Zubat cries quickly became more apparent to Robert. Just as the darkness was beginning to become a real problem, a solution seemed to bring itself to Robert. Unfortunately, it wasn't a helpful person brining a torch, but a small ball of fire aiming to burn him. Robert narrowly dodged the flame, though his shirt wasn't as lucky. Turning to face the Pokémon responsible, he discovered that it was a Magby that attempted to set him aflame.

Yeesh, I can't deal with a fire type...but I suppose I have to try.

Against his better judgement, he released Floru from his Pokéball, the light the ball gave off illuminating the cave for a brief period of time. In response to the bright light, the fire type shot another bolt of flame, but this time there seemed to be no exact target. The trainer and Pokémon exchanged a confused glance with one another, with the former deciding to cautiously approach the easily startled creature.

"You're...not trying to harm us...are you?" Robert kept a hand cautiously extended towards the Magby, wary that the fire type would spray yet another ember out of fear. Fortunately, the Live Coal Pokémon seemed to calm down, at least enough to let only a small flame out of its mouth to illuminate the trainer's face.

"I figured...do you wanna come with us..?" Keeping his stance cautious yet his voice inviting, he extended a hand which held a Pokéball. Confusion was the first emotion to register on the Baby Pokémon's face before cautiously extending its arm out to the ball, allowing himself to be caught. Once the ball had stopped shaking, Robert felt a sudden chill down his back. Eyes widening, stance turning from cautious to combative, the trainer compulsively looked from side to side as if he were expecting someone to appear from the shadows and slit his throat. Floru looked up at his father confused and somewhat fearful at the sudden change in behavior. Fortunately for the infantile plant Pokémon, the shift had ended about as quickly as it had began. The bond was complete and Robert had regained a sense of control over his emotional state.

Something must've happened with this Magby if this is how he's feeling...

With a new companion and an uneasy state of mind, Robert reluctantly advanced deeper within the cavern. The trainer decided to keep Floru out for his protection, though now he also brought out his new Magby for a light source.

"I'm gonna have to give you a name, aren't I? How about...Singe?"

"O-ok..."

D-did you just talk to me?

"Was I not supposed to?! I'm sorry..."

I-it's fine, I just wasn't expecting it. Then again, Floru's pretty new to the world, so I guess it'll be a while before he says anything. At any rate, welcome to the team, Singe.

July 1st, Hearthrome City

"Alright and....yeah right there!"
Being an Alola native, Ally knew she only had one way she needed to travel to Sinnoh and that was with a trademark Ride Pokemon. In this case, her family had a connection to the Charizard line and thus the Fire/Flying type had been the escort for Ally as she landed safely just inside of Hearthrome City, with the Pokemon Center in her line of sight. This caused Ally's eyes to shine as not only had she taken in the region's beauty but she knew she was near the arranged meeting spot.

"Excellent ride, thank you Charizard you were great!"

Ally had mostly recovered from her draining bonding experience at the ceremony, the night's rest had done wonders for her though she had yet to respond to the updated messages on the chat. She figured she'd better go speak to those people in person, so after she had eaten a lovely breakfast she said her goodbyes for now to her parents and had gotten the Charizard to help give her a ride from her island home towards the selected region. Ally had not only recovered stamina after feeling like the dead the night before, but had began to try and deepen her bond in the first way she had known how.

"Pich?"

Strapped to what seemed to be a rider vest before she had unbuckled it to move to the ground had been her partner Pokemon, Pichu. Ally figured that it would be a long process to get to properly bond with her new starter, so she figured the best way to establish trust was to allow it to roam outside its Pokeball though had worked to try and assure it she only desired the pair get along. She had found that it responded well to some fruit, so had a little pack on hand even as they had flown here.

"Well, we made it buddy." Ally smiled to Pichu, she had made a motion to pet it but the Pichu still seemed to want some time to get used to her, and Ally sensed this and nodded. "Well, let's go meet our travel buddies." Ally said with a pep to her step as she walked forward to the Pokemon Center and the Pichu followed her step as Ally glanced around. She had no idea how to "confirm" whoever she asked were people on her chat, but she saw two guys who seemed to be conversing as she decided to try her luck and walked to them.

"Um, excuse me uh I am Ally. Does that name mean anything to either of you?" Ally asked the pair as the Pichu looked up at the two curiously.

@Malcolm102 @ThAtGuY101

Guy turned and looked at Ally, "Nope. Sorry. No. Nu ugh. Don't think so" Guy said. Guy stood there looking at Ally and her Pichu. He looked over at Ally then back at Pichu, then over at Andy. Then back at Ally. Then over at Aqua. Then at Andy. Then back at Ally, and then towards pichu, and one last time back at Ally.

"Hey wait a second! You remind me of this girl I was talking to!" Guy said holding up his porygon phone and showing Ally the message that Ally sent. "You got the same name as this person I was talking to!" Guy said cheerfully. Even Goju sat there looking at Guy in confusion.

Goju turned towards the pichu, "bonsy bonsy!(Hiya! Hiya there! I'm Goju) Goju cheered.

July 1st, Hearthome city
Following a few hours of travel time, Joan had finally made it to her destination, Heathome city. The city in question was entirely different from the rural lifestyle she was used to. Instead of a dense forest filled with large populations of wild Pokémon and lush greenery, there were paved roads, tall buildings and people populating the streets as far as the eye can see. This was her first time venturing this far from home since, despite being born and raised inside the Sinnoh region, most of her life was spent in an enclosed environment. The girl was out of her element, but you wouldn't be able to tell from her expressionless face. "Well here we are, so this is what a big city is like." Joan commented as she looked around, Snover and Cutiefly were outside their pokeballs following close behind their trainer.

Joan continued to wander the streets of the city for some more time, taking in the new scenery before she eventually made her way to the building she assumed was the Pokemon Center. "Hmm, I wonder if the inside of a Pokemon Center in a big city is any different compared to those located in smaller towns." With that in mind, Joan entered the building.

The crash of waves beat a steady rhythm against the ship’s hull and on the deck Esther sat cross-legged in a lounge chair, both her Pokéballs gripped tightly in hand.

It wasn’t necessary that she hold the Pokéballs in her hand since the Synchronization bond was an intimacy deeper than touch; but, Esther found that the weight of the Pokéballs, the cool gloss of steel, and the occasional twitch from the Pokémon within, they came together as a strong focus for her senses. And those senses brushed against two bundles of emotion. Although she read both bundles as ‘happy’, they conveyed that happiness in vastly different ways.

Pyrrha was a familiar confidence; she exuded an infectious intensity that, upon delving deeper, made Esther heady with an air of invincibility. The Trapinch was less overpowering, but her giddiness was just as infectious. She was just so…jolly.

Just brushing the outer core of her mind bombarded Esther with a whirlwind of curiosity. The little bug had tapped into Esther’s senses and an inquisitive backlog was beginning to form.

They weren’t quite questions, her new catch hadn’t picked up on how to use words yet; instead, images had been thrust forward along with strong, emotional cues. Doors, lightbulbs, beds, trash cans…nothing escaped her attention. Suddenly, as if picking up on her attention, a single memory was pushed to the forefront, a playback of the music Esther had played during the battle.

“Oh? You liked that one, huh?” Chuckling, Esther gathered her thoughts and pushed back music. It was a mess of sounds and emotions, as music often was, but it was the best Esther could do.

“Sorry, it’s a bit hard to explain.”

As the Trapinch digested the essence of music, Esther paged into her Pokédex, eager to see what information it could provide on her new companion.

Bzt~* Trapinch, the Ant Pit Pokémon, a ground type. Its jaws are strong enough to crush rocks but so heavy that it can't get up if it flips over. *~Bzt

“Wha—just a ground type?”

Stunned by the revelation, Esther quickly swapped over the entry for Trapinch’s evolution, Vibrava. Surely, it gained the bug typing upon evolution, right?

Bzt~* Vibrava, the Vibration Pokémon, a ground and dragon type. To help make its wings grow, it dissolves quantities of prey in its digestive juices and guzzles them down every day. *~Bzt

“A dragon-type!?” Esther scoffed, folding her arms. “Well, that’s just stupid, why the hell would it not be a bug-type!”

Ron looked over the rail at the deep blue water underneath him, trying to keep himself together. The bonding with the second Pokemon had been done and Furia refused to return to her PokeBall, meaning he had less energy and a new Pokemon taking even more. However, Furia felt the need to demonstrate she was the leader of the pack by staying out of her PokeBall. Ron needed a distraction and hearing Esther's words made him smirk a bit.

"Someone didn't do their homework." He looked over his shoulder at her, his tired eyes looking droopy. "Why does it matter if it's not a bug? You got two potential dragons, that's pretty good." He turned back towards the ocean. "Seriously Furia, I'm gonna pass out if you keep taking up my energy. I can feel our new teammate getting curious about why he isn't out also."

Ron looked up at the sky and closed his eyes, trying to focus on staying awake while the confused feelings of his Larvitar mixed with Furia's need to be dominant. To make things worse, his phone started to vibrate.

"You got a message you goof, I don't like pending messages so you better deal with this before you pass out or I swear I will..."

Ron looked at the screen on his phone and smiled, one of her sisters had sent a picture of a Kakuna hanging from a tree branch with the words "Hang in there". He put away his phone and continued to focus maintaining himself up, at least for an hour more.

~~Sadie Crane~~
--Getting Back on the Boat--
(July 1st)
She hadn't intended to hop back on a boat so soon since getting off her cruise from Johto, but Sadie found herself following a whim -- except, not her own whim.

After arriving in Sunyshore, she set about spending a good chunk her of her League-allotted funds at the Mart, buying 10 PokeBalls, 5 Potions and 3 Antidotes to start. Quite unsure of what to do with herself, being all alone (aside from the day-dreamy Cinch) in a new region, Sadie found herself almost suffering from choice paralysis. She set out west from Sunyshore, making her way to the shore of Lake Valor. There, she set about taking in the historic site when her attention was drawn to the sound of a nearby struggle.

Just missing the short fight, Sadie came across a stumbling, poisoned Houndour alone in the wild -- young and clearly frightened, the Houndour growled when it noticed Sadie and attempted to fight her off as well. Reluctantly, Sadie called on Cinch to withstand a couple weak embers from the weakening, dark-type puppy. When the poison had drained the wild Pokemon of most strength, Sadie hurled a ball just like she'd always imagined -- making sure her wrist flicked properly, and to let the ball roll off the tips of her fingers, spinning clockwise.

The anticipation surrounding the wobbling shakes of the PokeBall - one, two, three, bong! - as she captured her first wild Pokemon was almost enough to send Sadie to her knees, weakened from the synchronization bond; first between her and Cinch, and now her new Houndour.

"Oh, yeah!" She said, pulling one of her new Antidotes from her bag. The dark puppy was too weak to return to the PokeCenter without fainting, and she didn't want to risk it. However, once he was cured of the poison, the Houndour looked to her with an almost legible graciousness, "Aren't you a tough little guy? What if I call you...Power? Power the Houndour; I like it. Do you?"

From the PokeBall, Sadie could see Power cock his head to the side curiously. At least, he didn't seem to hate it.

Sadie returned to Sunyshore as quick as she could to heal Power, doing the same for Cinch although he didn't take too much damage in the scuffle. When Power was healed, she let him out of his PokeBall, to which he instantly took to sniffing every-and-anything within his vicinity. He...seemed happy?

Power trotted around the city for a few minutes before making a beeline for the docks. He seemed to enjoy sitting by the water, though it was obvious he couldn't sit down for long. Eventually, he saw ship start letting passengers aboard. Sadie could see it was just a basic boat meant to ferry people around Sinnoh's ports...she hadn't spent much time at Sunyshore, and she hadn't quite expected to hop right back on a ship, but maybe Power and Cinch would appreciate it.

"That okay, Cinch?" She asked the Chinchou through his PokeBall; the electric fish had no shoulders, but his expression looked like that of a careless shrug of acceptance, "Alright, why not?"

~~Sadie Crane~~
--Now on the Boat--
(July 1st)
The new trio hadn't made their way on boat very long before Power started wandering around the deck, palling around with whomever might be willing to say hello. Sadie hadn't expected him to be so friendly, but she wasn't going to complain in the slightest.

Power spotted Ron and Esther, however, its ears perking at the site of other Trainers and their Pokemon - in and out of PokeBalls alike - with a dangerous curiosity. Having spotted Ron's Pokemon, Furia, Power started - innocently, in his own mind - to charge at Furia, hoping to get a look.

Sadie, for her part, had been keeping an eye on the Houndour; although the dark-type pup was quick, Sadie had longer legs to make up for being slower.

"Oh no, stopstopstopstopstop!" Sadie cried, wincing at the pain in her head.

About ten, fifteen feet away from Ron and Furia, Sadie slid on her knees and grabbed at the Houndour's chest from behind, wrapping the little fire type up in her arms. Power seemed to struggle a little bit, kicking his legs as he realized he was bound -- however, the dog waved its tail in a content way, breathing a little fire into the air - singing Sadie's hair a bit as he did - before poking out his tongue and licking his trainer on the side of her face. Sadie groaned.

"I'm very sorry about that!-" Sadie said, still holding onto Power for dear life, looking apologetically between Esther and Ron, "Very, very sorry!"

July 1st, Sunyshore City
4400 Cash
First-Aid Kit
Map of Sinnoh
Backup Clothes
Package of Sandwiches
Water Canteen
Pokénav

“Okay… you ARE fine with being called Amarillo, aren’t you? Is that okay for you?”

“I’ve said yes three times already. I’m not sure why you’re so hesitant about this.”

“Eheh… I wasn’t really sure if you were a dude or not…”

Ivory was simply walking back to where her group was last, clutching her newly caught Mareep’s Pokeball in her palm. She had winded up bonding with the electric sheep when she had first picked the ball up, and she had mentally decided she wasn’t ready for a third partner quite yet. Just Amarillo and Flex were gonna handle her just fine.

Curiously, her group had somewhat vanished form where she had last encountered them. That was really odd, but a quick look on her Pokénav was able to settle her head and give her an idea. Free travel? She could get to Lilypad alone and without worrying about bringing anybody down. Besides, she had ridden an Altaria to get here, how bad was a bus ride going to be?

So she walked over to a nearby bus stop and awaited for a bus to arrive before going on, asking to head to Lilypad Town as well as proving she was a Bronze Rank trainer to nullify her payment. Sure, 25 bucks wasn’t bad to pay, but it was nice to know she was going with a hearty amount of cash left to spare.

(Bus Trip: 25 Cash ) (Nullified from League Payment)

After that was all arranged, she sat down near the rear of the bus and sighed quietly, her newly caught pal speaking up from inside the ball clenched in her palm.

“You SURE you wanna be there this early? I already know you wanna do that Contest thingy, but that’s in like, nine days.”

“…there’s something I wanna do that’s before that. Some kind of battle tournament, and I’m planning on using you so we can grow a bit closer.”

“Hey, why not the Treecko?! You’ve had that dude longer then you’ve had me and… oh right.”

“Yep… now just be quiet. Maybe that’ll help this trip go faster… maybe not.”

((Ivory has departed from Sunyshore City and will arrive in Lilypad Town in 1-2 posts because that seems reasonable to me.))

Andy smiles a bit as Guy asked these questions, "The plane ride was comfortable. but its been a bit of a culture shock really, not used to being in a big city considering I'm from Mahogony Town, but at least I didn't get lost while making my way here" he replied.

Aqua meanwhile gave a smile back to the rock type as he introduced himself again.

Later on, while Andy waited another person arrived at the pokemon center, this one a girl carried an adorable pichu with her, though he didn't recognize her at all at that moment. Um, excuse me uh I am Ally. Does that name mean anything to either of you?" he heard her say.

"Nope, can't say it does" he replied in answer to her question, however, when Guy mentioned 'having the same number as this girl I was talking to' he figured he meant Ally just now.

Turning to Guy for a moment, "I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this is the girl you were talking to Guy, perhaps in that post about finding traveling partners?"

Now Andy would ask the same questions as Guy did to him earlier though not without introducing himself first, "My name is Andy and here is Aqua, how was your flight here?" he would ask before continuing a bit "Huh, seems we all started with baby pokemon., pretty much a trio of parents."

"Did you intend for us to meet up Guy?"

Inventory- 5000pokeyen, pokephone

Last edited:
After what seemed to be a solid minute of one of the guys exchanging looks with just about anyone in line of sight, it seemed indeed in spite of an earlier denial that he was one of the ones she had messaged. And when she had seen her own messages her eyes widened as she nodded with perhaps too much enthusiasm.

"Yes! That is me Alola!" Ally said as she had given a typical Alola greeting but she also worked to put the pieces together as this guy admitted to talking to her in the chat, and as she saw his Bonsy and had made the reasonable guess.

"Are you guy!?" Ally asked with a big smile on her face. During this her Pichu seemed to look curiously while her partner seemed to geek out with this almost equally exciting guy before it glanced over to the Bonsly who gave a curious introduction to it.

"Pichu, Chu?" (I am Pichu nice to meet you, but are you not Bonsly?)

Seemed Pichu was confused at the prospect of nicknames.

"Oh Alola Andy. Yeah I was on a contact chat with Guy here, a pleasure to meet you as well. Rider Pokemon made the flight quite fun." Ally clarified to him before she pulled something from her bag, what seemed to be a map of the region as she began to fold it up before she'd continue on.

"So, maybe once we've gotten familiar with each other we can talk places to visit? I think Lilypad Town would be a nice place to check out, sounds so fun and being a Coordinator they have a Contest location there." Ally said as normally one seemed to get jetlag between locations, but if anything meeting members of her group had only filled her energy tank all the more.

As Guy spoke with Andy and Ally, he noticed another girl(Joan) walk in. Guy smiled and waved at her as she headed inside. Guy couldn't help but notice the two adorable pokemon that came with her.

"Fair enough" Guy said when Andy expressed his surprise when being in a big city.

"Yep! I'm that Guy" Guy said cheerfully.

"Huh? Uuugh, yes! Yes I did! Haha! It was a great idea!" Guy responded to Andy asking if he intended to meet up.

"Bon bon bon bon bonslyyyy!(Yeppidy yep yep! That's me! I'm the best bonsly you ever did see! but Guy just calls me Goju) Goju cheered in response to Pichu's question. Nicknames were pretty commonplace to Goju, so he didn't put much thought to it when Pichu asked her the question.

"Rider pokemon? You rode a pokemon? That's pretty cool stuff!" Guy said.

"Lllllllllillllypaaad... Uuuuuughhh... Sure! Sounds good. Maybe. Neat!" Guy said cheerfully when Ally brought up a location. Guy couldn't think of any better ideas so he was pretty happy about the idea of heading there.

Iron Island lived up to its name, with abandoned mining equipment, oil drums and I-beams everywhere you looked. Ezio could very well understand that this place was a haven for Pokémon that fed on iron, but it was scary at the same time. The boy had heard from Lenora that this island is a training ground for the Canalave Gym Leader, so this place had to be dangerous. Not to mention it was incredibly dark in the cave, he couldn't see a darn thing! Using what little light still remained, the boy stayed low to the ground as to not attract attention from the absolutely massive bats flying around, what God allowed those things to exist? They were at least five foot, and that was too big for any bat to be.

I swear, when I die and I meet the one responsible for this planet, that is the first thing I will ask. The Unovian thought to himself, scraping himself against the rocky floor and boulders along the way as he cursed the existence of Golbat, something many a Kanto native has done. Getting up from the ground, Ezio felt across the wall to have a general sense of direction when his hand brushed against something cold and hard. "What the?" The boy tapped the object with his finger, noticing it was metal-like in origin when the object forcefully ejected itself from the wall and stared at the boy with a singular, red eye. The glowing eye was unnerving, but the glow of fire behind him cast enough light for Ezio to see what he was facing, a Beldum.

The Iron Ball Pokémon launched itself forward and slashed at Ezio with its claws, only for its target to duck and causing the claws to scratch an oil drum, causing a horrible noise and sending sparks flying. Shivers ran down his spine as the boy shuddered from the sound. "Huhuhuh, no thanks! Alright, Emily, you're up!" Ezio was about to wake his Pokémon up, only to realize she was already awake and quite angry.

(Hey, I'm sleepin' 'ere! Show some respect, ey?) The Ground type hissed as she prepared for battle, inflating her pouch to appear more intimidating, though the lack of expression on Beldum's face made it hard to know if it actually had any effect. "Brutal Swing!" Emily's tail glowed pink as she violently swung it around, smacking the face of the Steel type and making it moderately pissed off. The Iron Ball Pokémon charged at Emily, who dodged and countered with another Brutal Swing.

Emily had an easier time seeing in the dark than Ezio, due to thermal mapping of her surroundings, but the cold Beldum managed to blend into the surroundings quite easily. The large stature of a Golbat however was as obvious as they could come, and the Siliconda had an idea as the figure descended. (Hey, Duh-ta-duh! Yer bout as strong as pretty, and yer not a pretty picture!") The Beldum was not terribly amused by the string of words and charged at Emily, who dove under the Beldum which got bitten by the Golbat who broke a tooth, causing it to fly off in pain as it inflicted more damage on the Beldum.

Ezio's eyes had adjusted to the low light levels and grabbed one of his Pokéballs, carefully aiming before throwing, hitting the Steel type as it was about to charge again. The ball shook once, twice, three times before a resounding click echoed through the cave. Ezio had expected the drain of energy, but it still sucked. Making his way to the Pokéball, he picked it up before petting Emily and releasing the Beldum.

"You need a name, how about Examine?" Ezio offered, to which the Beldum let out an approving grunt.

(Now ya better not cause a ruckus, or ya getting another beatin'.) Emily hissed, to which Examine merely hummed.

(You speak of violence, but let me assure you, violence is not on the table at the moment. However, give me a reason and we will continue where we left off.)

"Now now, don't be so mean to each other. Examine, I need your help. Our ship has stranded and there's quite some metal in this mine. Could you gather some of it?" Ezio asked, to which the Beldum let out a cry as chunks of metal and the lone oil drum were drawn to the Beldum. "Awesome, could you drop those off at the ship outside and help the people there? We are trying to find a missing passenger."

Examine floated to the exit of the cave, ball of scrap and all as Ezio and Emily ventured deeper into the cave, still hating Golbat for existing.

Huh? Uuugh, yes! Yes, I did! Haha! It was a great idea!"

Andy had half a thought of sticking his tongue out at Guy as that wasn't exactly the surest answer but thought better of it. Guy was certainly a cheery fellow and that already would make this pretty fun.

He then turned to Ally to give her a proper handshake, not exactly familiar with the greeting she expressed but could put it together via context clues, though he was just a surprised as Guy when Ally mentioned that she rode a pokemon here. "That sounds like it would be both fun and terrifying really," a little nervous at the prospect as that took some amount of practice not to look like a confused Spinda.

While greetings were getting exchanged, Aqua would look to the Pichu and introduce herself as well once Goji was done introducing himself, "Azu rill" (Hello there,) she waved to the Pichu using her tail, "Azurill Azu" (The name is Aqua,) letting the Bonsly explain the concept of nicknames to Pichu

"Lilypad Town huh?" Andy asked pulling out his map of the region to find it, "That would be a good starting point to seeing the rest of the region. You're a coordinator huh Ally, well then I wish you luck in the contests. I'm fine heading there for now as well." he then affirmed his agreement to head to Lilypad Town.
@ThAtGuY101 @Godjacob

~~Sadie Crane~~
--Where Else but a Boat?--
(July 1st)
"He's very energetic!" Sadie replied, wiping away a bead of sweat that had been forming at her forehead all afternoon, "Eh...maybe too energetic. I might need to exercise more."

Sadie watched as Ron's Cyndaquil strutted away from the overwhelming action of puppy and smiled.

"I hope I didn't upset her," She said, sounding almost entirely genuine, "I'm sorry, that was bad! I should have better control of my Pokemon! But he was hurt and I just caught him and he seemed so happy I just couldn't-- uhm, nevermind! I'm Sadie! I'm sorry! It's nice to meet you, I...hope."

Her mouth and her mind both seemed to run a mile a minute -- even as she stood up off the ground, still tightly clutching the squirming Houndour firmly against her chest.

Ron's faced expressed a bit of annoyance, could be the lack of energy, the lack of alcohol or the girl that seemed to lack confidence. He straightened himself up and shot a quick glance of Furia, he usually didn't like hanging around people that gave off the same energy the Houndour did, but he usually was more polite about it, but his Cyndaquil didn't seem to care about manners. He turned back to Sadie and shrugged.

"She's just not a big fan of..." He tried to think of another word that wasn't annoying, "energetic Pokemon. She's sorta of a loner, don't take it personal. Ron Towers." Ron stretched out his hand towards the girl. "You can let your Pokemon run free, not his fault Furia is being cranky." He smirked while Furia sent offended vibes towards him. "Where are you heading?"

Lilypad Town
Moxi had made his way to lilypad town and had began walking around the area checking out shops and different areas that the town had to offer once Moxi had finally calmed himself down he decided it would be a good idea to finally eat something since he was pretty hungry he found a bench and grabbed six Oran’s from his bag and one of the box’s of food his mom made him, he then let’s out both Yukan and Kamakiri from their pokeballs. “Ok, boys let’s dig in!” Moxi says as he begins to eat a croquette with a chopstick while Yukan is feeding Kamakiri, because he doesn’t really have hands. Moxi sat at the bench chewing his food and watching Yukan and kamakiri get along, it put a smile on his face. Yukan and kamakiri finished eating and waited for Moxi to finish up. Moxi finished up by finishing his roasted fish and licking his lips before putting the box back in his bag. “Why don’t we check out the other parts of the town we haven’t looked at yet!” Kamakiri and Yukan both nodded and followed Moxi as they began to wander about the town.

Ally seemed to be happy that he confirmed he was indeed Guy, was always nice to get a name with a face and he seemed friendly enough. In fact his Bonsly seemed to be a bit energetic, which caused Ally to giggle though Pichu being new to all this just tried to process it best she could.

"Pichu? Pi chu pi..." (Really? That seems odd but you seem happy and I suppose it shows he really cares...) Pichu replied, confused but the baby Pokemon seemed to be happy over it so the electric baby figured it had to have some special meaning. Perhaps it'd pester Ally about the idea but the Pichu would reserve the thought. Though quickly her attention turned to a new face who introduced itself using such a concept.

"Pichu, pi." (Nice to meet you, guess I still have a lot to learn.) Pichu said to the Azurill.

"Yeah it is an Alola tradition. Scared me to death when I first took a ride, but you find it is quite safe and easily beats having to share a plane seat." Ally clarified to both her non-Alola teammates as she'd been happy to share a bit of her culture with them. And made all the better when both Guy and then Andy seemed comfortable with the idea of going to Lilypad Town which seemed to make her beam.

"Ah great, I am sure you guys will like it to. And I hope we have a fun time together and all get what we desire out of this~" Ally smiled, as she seemed ready for her adventure to begin, and it'd truly begin in Lilypad Town.

"So its settled! Lillypad Town it is!" Guy said excitedly.

"Bon bon!(Oh boy! Adventure!) Goju said bouncing.

"Personally... I like flying on a plane, and having the window seat! Plus ya boi loves the lil peanuts and half a glass of soda they give me. Riding on a flying pokémon does sound really fun, and really scary. Possibly preferable. Sounds exciting! Neat tradition" Guy said.

"I can't wait to see what pokémon we run into on the way there" Guy said once more.

"Azu, Azurill" (Don't worry about that, we all do ) the blue mouse said to the Pichu happily while Andy listened to Ally describe riding a pokemon.

"Perhaps I'll get a chance to ride a pokemon at some point, but that is for a bit later. For now, let's just get over to Lilypad Town" he continued before turning to Guy for a moment.

"Well, a plane would certainly get us there quickly so we can spend some more time enjoying the place, as for the pokemon there, who knows?" While a plane would indeed do that, it was going to have to be tomorrow as he was still suffering from jetlag from arriving in Hearthrome, Andy opted to get some rest for the day and start things tomorrow.

Last edited:

Esther PoV ~ Date: July 8

Esther had seen better weeks. After she’d spent some time getting to know her Trapinch, now named Melaya, the trainer had made the mistake of releasing both her Pokémon at once. It had seemed fine at first, but soon after the drain on her fortitude, combined with their seafaring journey, had made her intensely seasick.

Practically bedridden for the duration of the journey, Esther hadn’t gotten a chance to talk much with the newest addition to their group. The situation hadn’t been helped by the group’s need to split up to catch the various Pokémon they were after; Esther had gone west to seek out a Feebas, a shabby little Pokémon that was said to evolve into an unparalleled songstress; while the grubby Maribelle had gone east to find a Zubat.

The group had reconvened before journeying to Lilypad Town, Ron and Mari had wanted to participate in the Lilypad Town Tag-Team-Battle while Esther was after the Lilypad Ribbon, the prize for the contest held two days later.

Esther had done her research in preparation for the Lilypad Town Contest, but with two days to kill it was the perfect time for some on-site observation.

“I’m going to head to the Contest Hall first,” Ether informed her team. “Meet you guys at the Coliseum?”

July 8th, Lilypad Town
4400 Cash
2 Pokeballs
First-Aid Kit
Map of Sinnoh
Backup Clothes
Package of Sandwiches
Water Canteen
Pokénav

Honestly, Ivory had been in this town for a few days now, but she was getting used to the sights and places that were around. She had examined the almost city like town and checked out its famous coliseum which was holding some kind of battle tournament later today (which she would be attending with her Mareep so she could bond some more with him).

But she was really there for the Contest Hall.

“You know what, me? It’s better to be skilled in both battling and performing. You learn from one and grow better in the other, and vice versa.”

“Sounds rather fair for somebody of your liking. Chances to grow ARE important.”

Ivory couldn’t help but jump at the sudden interruption by her newly caught partner, but it did remind her of something: his moves. Pulling out her Pokenav and flipping over to the page for Mareep, her eyes widened a bit as her selection appeared.

“Tackle, Growl, Thunder Wave and Thunder Shock, huh… and Cotton Spore in like three levels…. And is it even possible to electrify a sound wave? That’d be cool to do for a contest….”

“Well regardless if you can or cannot, you only have one day after this tournament to find out. I believe it’s your only free day.”

Ivory sighed a little, still a tad uncomfortable that her partners more or less were linked to her now in a way she couldn’t explain. But still, she rubbed the ball with her thumb and decided to go and hang out by the coliseum where this battle tournament would be held. Sure, there would be other Bronze League trainers here, so surely it wouldn’t be THAT bad.

June 18th, Coumarine City
------------------------------

Among the bustling crowds of Kalos' chief port city, Coumarine, one man was doing his best to blend in. His grey flat cap was pulled low over his head and his grey pea coat's collar was popped up, effectively concealing his identity save for his piercing steely-grey eyes which shifted back and forth in constant search for danger. His boots slammed against the cobbled-streets just fast enough to get him to relative safety quickly by following the flow of foot traffic through the open air markets, and he had to force himself not to speed up and risk betraying his sense of urgency. He wasn't completely innocuous, however, and several Coumarine citizens quickened their own pace or changed directions entirely if they happened to meet the scowling criminal's eyes.

After only a few minutes of walking the man ducked into a collection of residential side streets, clutching his purchases tightly in one hand and fishing around his pockets for his apartment key with the other. His fingers found the cold brass key just as he reached his destination, and he stepped down into the lowered front patio and took one last look around before unlocking the deadbolt and quickly slipped inside the three room apartment.

Montagne Khastil breathed a sigh of relief as he locked the deadbolt behind himself. I never imagined something as simple as getting groceries would be so stressful, he thought as he crossed the small kitchen and set the bags down on the counter that divided the kitchen from the living/bedroom.

It had only been two days since his abrupt departure from the Old Guard, but Monty was already feeling the weight of his decision bearing down on him. He hadn't dared to leave his hastily acquired apartment for those two days, opting to hunker down and ensure his arrival wasn't noticed by any Old Guard contacts in the city. The milieu wouldn't take Monty's theft and escape lightly, and he would likely need to escape Kalos entirely for a while to let things blow over.

Dahlin had the right idea getting out when he did, Monty mused as he began unpacking the groceries. He went off to the United League right when the operational scale shifted up. The man reminisced for a moment as his hand drifted upwards to trace the scar on his jawline. That was about when I got this, huh? He wondered if his brother had ever even seen him with the scar. Monty could already hear Dahlin's voice chiding him for letting his ass get beat badly enough to earn such a wicked trophy. Eh, I more than repaid the favor.

Monty's focus shifted back to his current situation as he reached the last three items; a bag of Oran berries, a bag of Pokemon food pellets, and a single Pokeball. Maybe today will be the day, he thought as he picked up the items and quietly walked into the living room area. Monty laid eyes on a sickly little Houndour sleeping in an open cage, also known as the previously mentioned theft from the Old Guard, and set a bowl down a few feet away. The stomp of the man's boots on the dirty hardwood floor stirred the sleeping puppy from its slumber, and it fixed its fiery eyes on Monty and began growling as he filled the bowl with Pokemon food.

"Hush your growlin'," Monty said to the Houndour in a mildly annoyed tone. "I'm not going to hurt you." Just as the previous two nights, the spirited little puppy wasn't easily convinced. Even though Monty had saved it from the Old Guard's trafficking, and even though he had offered it half of the takeout he had ordered since they'd arrived in the apartment, the puppy never left the cage and the disgusted and distrustful look in its eyes never disappeared.

Monty crouched down and moved the bowl a little closer to the open cage door, ignoring the increase in protest from the Houndour, and backed off to retrieve his leftover Johtoan Takeout from the fridge for himself. Maybe tonight won't be the night after all, Monty thought dejectedly as he set the microwave to heat up his dinner. As the whir of the microwave filled the small apartment, Monty picked up on another sound emanating from the living room.

CRUNCHCRUNCHCRUNCHCRUNCHCRU-

The man cracked a slight smile as he listened to the sound of the Houndour eating. At least the thing isn't gonna starve, the man thought with relief as he remembered the past two days of fasting from the poor pooch. The crunching died down by the time Monty's food was ready, and he began chowing down only to watch an orange snout peek its way around the corner of the counter and bring the rest of the Houndour's head with it.

Monty took a couple more bites of his food as he and the Houndour stared at each other, the former's expression slightly curious and the latter's more inquisitive and still not entirely trusting. Without breaking eye contact Monty motioned towards the bag of oran berries on the counter and said, "You want one?" The puppy sniffed the air for a moment but seemed unsure of what it should do, so Monty set his food down and grabbed one of the berries from the bag. "Here you go," the man said, crouching down and offering the Houndour the berry from his hand.

The puppy crept forward, keeping its body low to the ground and its eyes on Monty. That's it, Monty thought with a calm sense of exhilaration, Just a little closer. The Houndour reached Monty's outstretched hand and clamped its jaws down on the berry, wrenching it from his hand and stepping back two paces to eat. Monty withdrew his hand and watched silently as the puppy feasted, wondering, Does this mean it trusts me enough to eat, or did it just get that hungry?

Monty decided he would answer his question by retrieving the Pokeball from the counter, expanding it into it's full size and rolling it towards the Houndour as it finished the oran berry. The shiny red and white sphere came to a stop about a foot away from the Houndour, and the puppy eyed it with a keen suspicion. "It's called a Pokeball," Monty explained, "It's something trainers use to register their Pokemon companions." The puppy sniffed at the sphere but didn't touch it, still eyeing Monty warily.

Monty continued, "This world is...dangerous...especially since the Darkest Days. Everyone I know looks out for themselves just to survive, and you can't really trust anyone. But I'm...I'm getting tired of looking out for myself-" Monty's mind flashed to images of he and his brother when they were kids, Dahlin protecting him and Monty backing Dahlin up. Then his mind flashed to Dahlin's escape from the Old Guard, to how isolated he felt while his brother was off participating in the United League. I'm tired of being alone.

"-And even though I don't know anything about where you came from or what happened to you before we met in the back of that truck, I want you to look out for you. But I need you to look out for me. Please." The last words were hard for the former criminal to choke out, but he tried to be as sincere as possible. The Houndour continued to watch him, and Monty recognized a certain level of intrigue had replaced some of the suspicion in the puppy's expression. After a few seconds the Houndour closed its eyes for a moment, as if in quiet contemplation, before taking a couple steps forward and touching the Pokeball.

It was immediately digitized in a flash of white light, and the ball rolled once, twice, and a third time before a loud CLICK! sounded from the ball.

Monty smiled and thought, Xerneas merci. He crossed the kitchen and stooped to pick up the ball, only for the Houndour to rematerialize in a flash of white light. It caught Monty by surprise for a moment, until he remembered he'd heard particularly strong willed Pokemon could easily escape the confines of their Pokeballs. He had planned on letting the Houndour out anyways to initiate the Sync-Bond, so he didn't see any issue with it.

"Didn't like it in there, buddy?" Monty asked as the black and orange puppy shook out its coat. It eyed him with a more inquisitive expression than before but the spark in its eyes was strangely sinister, reminding Monty of the way gangsters back in Lumiose would eye marks they were sizing up. Hopefully that's not an omen, the man thought as he reached a hand forward to pet his partner. The Houndour's muscles tensed briefly as the hand approached, but it didn't back down nor did it begin growling.

Monty's hand drifted to scratch the pooch behind the ears, but as his hand passed over its eyes the Houndour pushed its head straight up into its trainer's palm. The movement caught Monty by surprise, but that was nothing compared to the immediate feeling of his vitality being drained into his partner. An intense wave of nausea worse than the worst alcohol sickness Monty had ever experienced set in after only a second of contact, and he withdrew his hand from the Houndour's head to more effectively pull himself up to the sink and void himself of every bite of takeout he had only just eaten.

Monty hoped in vain that relieving his stomach of its contents would alleviate his sickness, as not only did the nausea persist but it was compounded by a headache seemingly meant to rival the aftermath of his worst beat down as a torrent of images, sounds, and thoughts flooded against his psyche. The man's hands shot to the sides of his head as he grunted in pain, and among the flash of foreign memories and emotions a single feeling rose above the rest; an aching, gnawing hunger.

It was a hunger so great and so terrible that Monty threw up again from the pain alone, and the longer it lingered the more Monty recognized that it wasn't a hunger at all but something far worse...a deep, primal greed. The feeling on lasted a moment, but the rest of his symptoms remained. "Maybe it was an omen after all," Monty wondered aloud as he met the Houndour's gaze again.
< You called me that again. > The Houndour mentally growled at his trainer.

"Called you what?" Monty gasped, recalling the Sync-Bond's ability to let each partner see the other's thoughts.

< That word...an omen. You called me that again. An omen is- >

A symbol of something, usually of more things to come,
Monty interrupted.

The Houndour contemplated it for a moment before declaring in a loud bark, "More things are to come!" The little pooch trotted over to his trainer, and Monty noted that he was looking noticeably less sickly. The Houndour contined, "There is more power to come! There must be!"

The Houndour jumped up onto his hindlegs, rested his front paws on Monty's leg, and barked, "I will be...an omen. An omen...of power!" Through the nausea Monty could feel a strong sense of pride welling up inside him, and he rested a hand on his partner's head and picked himself up off the sink.

With a little effort Monty crouched down and scratched his partner behind the ears, declaring, "Sure thing...Omen."

A sense of satisfaction briefly emanated off of Omen at the sound of his name, and a sense of self-confidence rooted itself in both trainer and Pokemon. Monty couldn't help but think, If anything is for certain from here on out, it's that we will get stronger.