• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed PokéSync: Role Play Thread

Shiro would have some hardships in his Journey, wild pokemons, other Trainer, weather and all that stuff.
He also traveled alone in the end.
Why? Who would know, he missed with everyone and as they seemed not to search for him, So as he looked in Area of Sunnyshore for a while... He gave up.

Gehenna the Sizzlipede joined the team, although She was still a bit agressive, she quickly befriended Glacier which made Shiro happy and when Sizzlipede saw that Cubchoo wears a scarf, She decided to... Be a scarf for her Trainer too, wrapping around his neck, while Cubchoo had his legs on Shiro shoulder and hold onto his trainer head, the two pokemon took a ride on their Trainer, but Shiro didnt mind. Glacier soft fluff and Gehenna warmth kept him in good mood for a rest of the mood.. He wasnt alone, his beloved pokemons were with him. Especially Glacier.. He knew him since a Little egg, protected from wild pokemons.. It was Just like his own child to him.

Shiro suddenly stumbled and fell as he hit a root with his leg, as they fell, Shiro quickly turned around and hold his pokemons to his chest while making sure he falls on his back.

Ouch..

He fell for a good while and suddenly hit a brick Stone Road, Luckily avoiding hitting it with his head.
"Owie Owie Owie..." As Shiro lift his eyes, he smiled widely "We... We did it! Its Lilypad! Rest of the team must be somewhere here!" He said and smiled, Cubchoo let a happy cry, when Gehenna gave a low growl and returned to wrap around his Trainer neck.

"Lets check it out! Its possible they are at colloseum or a contest hall!"

Last edited:
Hilda, Lilypad Town, July 8th
During the week that passed, Hilda finally bonded with her Munchlax, which she chose to name Laz. While she could take another Pokemon, she felt, she opted not to. Not yet. A feisty Lilipup that hated her more reserved and lazy Munchlax, and a Munchlax that was always hungry was all she needed. Laz hated being out of the Pokeball, she quickly found out. However Felix adored walking around and just, well, being out. She gave a sigh as she felt the Lilipup tug at his leash. She pulled him back with little effort. "Come on! It was just a wild Rattata!"
"Are we sure it is wild?"
"Um, I pretty sure it is... It doesn't seem bonded."
Hilda gave a huff of slight annoyance as another voice chimed in. "Why chase it anyway... does it have any food."
"Shut up, you thief! Like either of us wants to hear what you say."
Laz gave a sad sigh. "I was asking an important question, though... I'm sorry..."
"Both of you be quiet!" Sometimes Hilda hated the fact she bonded with Laz, mostly because Felix was hostile to him. "We are not chasing a poor Rattata because you want to chase something, Felix. Now quiet. I need to pay attention here." The Felix gave a discontented grumble and Laz just left her head. Hilda refocused as Esther left the group. "So, ya'll, should we train real quick before the competition begins?"

Avery, Lilypad Town, July 8th
Avery, on her way to Lilypad, had caught a Wooper. It was a very special Wooper, since he knew Recover. Her team went out to find him, her buying five Pokeballs beforehand. She fought the blue blob with her team, before Stella, Noah's Ralts, landed a Hypnosis. The Wooper fell asleep and Avery caught the blue creature. Then the team went off to Lilypad, and started working their butts off. Avery was glad to have her camping background, though she was slightly put off by camping so close to the city.

She found her Wooper not to be the smartest Pokemon she had ever met. In fact, he was rather, dumb. She didn't mind though. He was adorable. He was kinda like Lily in being sweet, too. And during the week, Lily had grown and started to use words. She was super excited. "Miss Avery," Lily started. "Doesn't the competition begin soon? Shouldn't you get Mister Victor and Mister Noah? Also, can you please use me? I'm your starter." There was sadness in Lily's voice that tugged at Avery's heartstrings, but she had made her mind.
She rubbed the gentle serpent's head, Lily cooing. "Sorry, girl. Reed is being used today. I spent two days training him, ok?"
The Dratini gave a sad sigh as she slithered behind her trainer, the two packing up from the night before. "However, I could use you for the contest." Avery felt excitement buzz from the baby dragon.

Avery's Inventory
  • 4 Pokeballs
  • Camping equipment
  • 5,500 P (spent 3 days working)

Last edited:
Noah - Lilypad Town, July 8th

Noah slowly stretched in the morning light, a little sore from the back-to-back nights of sleeping in a bag on the ground and consecutive days of hard work. It was all a part of his journey to becoming a great Pokemon trainer, though, so he didn't mind too much. As far as he was concerned, the Bronze League was going great for the Happy Campers. They had kicked things off with a bang, with a capture on the first day (it had also been Noah's first real battle as well, technically, since he and Stella had aided Avery by putting the Wooper to sleep). The work days were a little boring, but necessary, and the training was wonderful. Victor's Caterpie had already evolved, which, while not entirely surprising for the species, was still awesome to witness. And now the Lilypad Tag Battle Competition was just on the horizon, filling Noah with a sense of excitement.
Stella, on the other hand, was a bundle of nerves. Whenever Noah reached for his connection with her, he could feel her concern and anxiety. Some of it was worry for her own safety, but to his surprise she had also been nervous about the possibility of letting him down. The two had talked the night before, and he had thanked her, as well as trying to encourage her. The pep talk seemed to work, because she was much more calm this morning, although she still seemed to be somewhat uneasy.
Once Noah had let Stella out and gone through a couple of stretches while she mimicked his movements, the two ate a light snack and began packing up some of Noah's belongings that hadn't been stowed away yet. Once they were done, Noah stepped lightly over to Avery's side, a grin on his face. He was having a little trouble containing his excitement. "Good morning! Once Victor is ready, want to head into town? I want to get over there as soon as possible! Maybe if we're early enough, we can find an extra teammate for the competition so we can rotate members between battles, and-" He was cut off by a spike of nervousness from Stella. It seemed she was feeling nervous again at the prospect of having to adjust to more people short notice. He felt a little bit bad, so he continued, "and if we don't, that's fine too, we have enough people to enter anyways."

"Thanks," came the mental communication from the little Ralts.

"Yeah... sorry, I didn't think about you being nervous to meet new people when I said that. I still think it's a good idea to get backup, but if you really don't want to-"

"That's... okay. I can do this. I'll let you know if I think they're too scary, though, Noah."

"Sounds like a plan."

• 4,500 P$ (bought 5 Pokeballs and 5 potions, then worked 3 days to earn 1,500 P$)
  • Pokeball, x5
  • Potion, x5
Inventory:
-Clothes and accessories.
-A travel sleeping bag which can be rolled up tightly to help conserve space, and is mostly waterproofed.
-A ‘good luck charm’ in the form of a shirt he had when he was a kid, a souvenir from the first big league battle he got to watch in person. Its far too small for him to wear, but it holds many joyous memories.
-A book about wild berries and herbs.
-A long coil of rope.
-A small kit with toiletries, although some things will have to be re-stocked as they run out.
-A pair of black fingerless gloves, which he doesn't often wear but keeps in case they're needed.
-Several rubbery-plastic utensils and a medium sized skillet, which is normally tucked beneath the sleeping bag. The handle is removable, and can be reattached by screwing it in.
-Two water bottles, one strapped on each side of his bag for easy access and to conserve space inside.

Last edited:
~~~ Ron Towers ~~~

Ron stood next to his teammates, except for Esther who had wondered off on her own. He chugged down his monster energy drink before tossing the empty can into a nearby trash can. He was ready for the battle event, with Furia and Rawr pumping excitement into his system. He had stayed up all night texting the girl from the Battle Zone, it seemed she had found a team and there were no hard feelings between them after he rejected her to team up. This just made Furia hate the girl more, since now Ron was tired and needed to depend on energy drinks to stay focused. His current thoughts were on Hilda's suggestion though, training would be nice, but he wasn't sure if it was convenient before an event.

"I suggest we eat." He had his eyes set on a wings and boneless stand. "The last thing we want is going hungry during the event."

Without waiting for an approval from his teammates but a big yes from his Pokemon, Ron walked to the food stand, sitting down and asking for three orders, Spicey Buffalo for him, Extra Spicy for Furia and Barbeque for Rawr the Larvitar. Accompanied by soda and water, the three enjoyed their meal fully, Rawr and Ron making a mess of themselves while eating and Furia somehow keeping herself perfectly clean.

"You look like a mighty young trainer." A man with a fish odor walked up to the the group.

"Go away, I don't have any money to spare." Ron replied while sinking his teeth on a wing.

"Oh no, I don't want a favor, I am doing YOU a favor. I caught too many water type Pokemon today, very strong too. I can't keep so many because of the energy drain, so I am offering to sell you one for just 1000$."

"What kind of Pokemon?" Ron glared at the man, looking for any signs of mistrust.

"What kind? Well hard to tell because of all these Pokeballs in the bag, but I caught Dratini, Poliwhirl, Totodile, Seadra, even a Gyarados I'm sure."

"1000 for a Gyarados? Deal." Ron took out his Rotomphone.

"Yeah I don't know which one in here is the Gyarados, so it's a random pick."

Ron sighed loudly, clearly frustrated. "So it can be any of the ones you mentioned? For 1000?"

"Correct! You won't be disappointed."

"This man isn't trustworthy." Furia tugged at Ron's intentions to make a stupid purchase.

"Fine, I'll take it." Ron ignored Furia's warning, transferring 1000$ to the man and reaching into the bag filled with LureBalls.

Ron looked at the LureBall in his hand while the Rotom updated the information of the Pokemon held inside of it. Ron looked up to question the man but he had already walked away, getting on a nearby taxi. Ron's suspicion rose and soon his anger when the results of his new Pokemon came up.

"You got played sucka! Magikarp's information has been added to your desk." The Rotomphone showed an image of a Magikarp.

"I told you." Furia's upset thoughts attacked Ron before she went back to eating.

Ron sighed and turned to the rest of the group. "Anyone want a Magikarp?"

~~~ Victor ~~~

"I am ready to go! Had to finish Cat's new outfit." Victor joined his group with a still Metapod on his shoulder while wearing a gray sweater. "I'm excited for this, but mostly about the contest, I have been staying up all night wondering about what I could possible do with Cat's limited movepool. But we're in it for the experience mostly and get more fashion ideas!" He adjusted his backpack and jacket. "How are you two holding up?"

Noah - Lilypad Town, July 8th

Noah glanced at his other teammate and the cocoon-like Pokemon perched on his shoulder with a smile. "I'm doing great! Super excited for the competition. We're gonna give it our all!" He resisted the urge to pump the air with his fist. I can use up this energy later. On the battlefield. His grin widened, and he glanced down at Stella. To his surprise, his enthusiasm seemed to have caught on somewhat. Her posture seemed less skittish than usual and more eager. It was quite the contrast to her hesitance in her battle against Avery's new Wooper, where she had simply stayed close to Noah's legs and only fired off the Hypnosis when she saw a good moment.
Noah was proud of her, and he hoped she could sense that. But for now, he wanted to get going. Adjusting the straps of his bag and bouncing lightly on his feet, he addressed his teammates. "Alright! If we have everything packed up, let's go!"

- - - - -

According to the map Clive had shown him, they were almost to the stadium where the Lilypad Tag Battle Competition was going to take place. He could see a couple other trainers nearby, all headed in the same direction, and his sense of excitement began to grow. This is really happening! I've been waiting for my chance for this for so many years... my first battle tournament. I gotta make a good showing! Even if we lose, that's okay, as long as we do our best and show what we can do! His thoughts ran along those line as his pace quickened subconsciously, not realizing that the others might not be as excited or in as much of a hurry as he was. But he slowed again when Stella popped into his mind, responding to his thoughts.

"That is good to know, Noah. I... I will try to do the best I can."

"... Thanks so much, Stella. I know this will probably be tough for both of us in some ways, and probably more for you than for me. But... let's just try to have fun, okay? I'd like to win, but if we don't that's okay. This is a small tournament anyways. Low stakes, not too much on the line."

"I want us to win."

"That's good! Winning is awesome. Just don't expect it, and it's all the better when you get it!"

"I... see."

With something that Noah thought was akin to a mental sigh, Stella stopped talking. She seemed to be getting a little nervous again, based on the feelings he was getting through their bond, so he scooped her up in his arms and gave her a gentle hug. She was a little surprised at first, but seemed to appreciate it after a moment.
Noah had been walking nearly the whole time, but now he spun around mid-stride to face his friends and began walking backwards. "Okay! We're almost there! We'll get signed up, get out there, and do our best, team!" He was about to continue, but as he took another step backwards, he collided with someone and stumbled. He lost his grip on Stella, and gave a surprised curse under his breath as he hit the ground. A moment later he had righted himself, and after ascertaining that Stella hadn't been hurt when she was dropped (she was unharmed, but a little frightened), he turned to see who he had bumped into and apologize to them. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to run into you, please forgive me."

@Clite of Dragonbow

• 4,500 P$ (bought 5 Pokeballs and 5 potions, then worked 3 days to earn 1,500 P$)
  • Pokeball, x5
  • Potion, x5
Inventory:
-A travel sleeping bag which can be rolled up tightly to help conserve space, and is mostly waterproofed.
-A ‘good luck charm’ in the form of a shirt he had when he was a kid, a souvenir from the first big league battle he got to watch in person. Its far too small for him to wear, but it holds many joyous memories.
-A long coil of rope.
-A small kit with toiletries, although some things will have to be re-stocked as they run out.
-A pair of black fingerless gloves, which he doesn't often wear but keeps in case they're needed.
-Several rubbery-plastic utensils and a medium sized skillet, which is normally tucked beneath the sleeping bag. The handle is removable, and can be reattached by screwing it in.
-Two water bottles, one strapped on each side of his bag for easy access and to conserve space inside.

Shiro simply talked to Glacier and Gehenna, who were riding On his Trainer as before, Gehenna around the neck and Glacier on his head, as they walked, Shiro noticed a giant poster.
<Pokemon Tag battle Conpetition>

"Ooo... I didnt know there gonna be a competition"
Shiro Read it to himself.. Team was needed.. And not pokemon one.
He then walked away, heading to get a rest somewhere before.

*Bump*

He fell and Luckily catched Glacier before his small cute nose hit the floor.
"Everyone are okay?"
Cubchoo made a happy cry while Sizzlipede simply confirmed. Shiro glanced to a boy that he hit and then said "Heh, I am good... Sorry"
@RenzFlintrock

Noah picked himself up and brushed off his pants before responding. “No no, no need to apologize! I stopped paying attention to where I was going, I’m entirely at fault here.” He paused, eyeing the two Pokémon that were with the other boy. He recognized the white one as a Cubchoo, but the other, while familiar, escaped his memory at the moment. He considered asking Clive to scan it for him, but he thought it might be a bit rude.

Regardless of what the Pokémon were, the fact that they were there led Noah to believe that the boy he had bumped into was probably a trainer too. He couldn’t help but ask, “Are you here for the tournament, too? Me and my team are heading over there right now. Only three of us, so we might need to pick up another person for the battle rotations, but I’m really looking forward to it!” He grinned at the other boy, although it was probably as much to hide his embarrassment from knocking the other trainer over as it was from excitement.

@Clite of Dragonbow

• Pokeball, x5
  • Potion, x5
Inventory:
-A long coil of rope.

July 8, Lilypad Town
4400 Cash
First-Aid Kit
Map of Sinnoh
Backup Clothes
Package of Sandwiches
Water Canteen
Pokénav

Yeah, there really was a lot of folk gathering around all of a sudden. This tournament must have been really popular to being such a turnout, or it was just because of the Contest being held in two days and these people were looking for something to do. Either way, Ivory was pretty anxious.

“So… it’s a team tournament, huh? I guess I gotta find me a team then… quick hooray to social anxiety for existing.” She murmured, earning a grumble from her Wood Gecko companion.

"Zero rudeness intended, but are you idiotic? Tag Battle is literally IN THE NAME!" Flex angrily stated, his chipped tail tensing up a bit but quickly calming himself down to hear a response from his Trainer.

"...yeah... thanks for that. So who do you reckon we should... you know..." Ivory's tone was soft and a bit surprised by the outburst her first partner had just made. Thinking for a second, she had an idea anyways. "You know what, would it help if I just used you for this tournament? I don't want to put pressure on Amarillo when I intend to use him for the contest in two days time."

"Mmmm.... sounds fair! I'm gonna get us this victory solo, callin' it now!" Flex eagerly stated, but truthfully he was just being overconfident. Ivory smiled and muttered something beneath her breath before starting to quietly wander around the crowd to look for a team for this thing.

(@ The members listed for Ivory's team, being Soul, Moxie and Koop if I remember correctly.)

July 8th, Valor Forest
------------------------

If Monty never saw another Karrablast, it would still be five too many. His Bronze League team had spent the morning hard at work decimating the Clamp Pokemon horde's population in the forest surrounding Lake Valor, as each member's partner held a type advantage against Bug-Types, and though it was an efficient way for Omen to level up Monty found it tedious at best.

Monty's brow was slick with sweat and his muscles ached from the exertion of their hours-long crusade against the Karrablast, but the trainer could feel through their Sync-Bond that Omen was just as fired up and raring to go as when the pair first arrived.

"There's no end to these things!" The trainer shouted in exasperation as another trio of the blue-bodied bugs emerged from a nearby patch of bushes. He pivoted from his position on one of Valor Forest's winding trails to face the Karrablast, readying himself for the increased flow of energy into Omen that came with every battle. Speaking of Omen...

Where are you? We've got company, Monty called out telepathically to his partner. The trainer concentrated on the Sync-Bond and got a general idea of Omen's location, recognizing his own scent and those of the Karrablast growing stronger in the Houndour's powerful nose.

< I'm almost back! > Omen mentally growled, voice practically dripping with anticipation of another fight, and Monty could sense his partner's battle drive flaring up as the Houndour approached.

Monty felt a brief drain on his energy as Omen prepared to use a move, and the trainer watched the forest light up as a small ball of fire sailed through the air and hit one of the Karrablast square in the back. Your accuracy with Ember is getting better, Monty complimented his partner.

< Of course it is, I'm the one using it. > Omen retorted smugly.

The injured Karrablast fell into the grass and the other two turned around to face their attacker as the sound of leaves crunching beneath Omen's paws rapidly approached. The Bug-Types' clamps lit up with glowing energy, one indicating an incoming Peck and the other a Fury Cutter, but just as Omen broke through the bushes and got within striking range he launched himself over his opponents and landed directly next to Monty.

"Alright show off," the man said as his partner readied himself to finish the fight. "Let's see a How-."

< No, I can end this now! > Omen snapped as whisps of purple smoke began pouring from his jaws.

Monty flared with annoyance at Omen's defiance, but he had come to expect it since first bonding with the arrogant Houndour. The trainer felt his energy drain again as Omen launched the Smog at their opponents, but the Karrablast easily dodged the attack as the purple smoke sailed lazily through the air.

The Clamp-Pokemon each readied another attack of their own and charged at Omen and Monty separately, their clamp-like horns glowing with white and greenish-yellow energy.

"Another set of Peck and Fury Cutter, let's get some distance and finish this with Ember." Monty called out to Omen as he employed some basic footwork skills to maneuver around the Karrablast's attacks. Luckily these Karrablast are sticking to Physical attacks, as long as we keep our distance we're fine, Monty thought with a hint of satisfaction with his battle instincts.

"Fine, your way then," Omen barked. Monty could sense a deep irritation well up from within his partner through their Sync-Bond, and the Houndour poured every ounce of his irritation into the flames collecting within his maw. "DIE!" Omen roared as he unleashed the Ember, not even bothering to watch the ball of flame collide with his opponent before turning to face the second Karrablast.

Monty jumped backwards away from his pursuer, putting Omen between himself and the little Bug-Type, and even though the fight could be finished quickly with another Ember he decided to call out, "Finish it with Smog!"

The drain of energy was much more focused this time, and Monty could feel Omen getting even more pumped up as thick smoke began seeping from his jaws again. While the first Smog cloud was small, thin and slow, this Smog was more like a plume of thick, choking purple smoke soaring at the Karrablast.

"Yes!" Monty cried out as the Karrablast was incapacitated by the attack. Satisfaction welled up from within he and Omen, but they had hardly begun to celebrate their victory when Monty's Rotom Phone, Ring, chimed from his pocket.

"BZZZZT! You have...three notifications!" Ring notified him. "Would you like me to read them? BZZZZT!"

"Go ahead," Monty replied as he pulled the phone from his pocket. He hadn't been expecting any messages. Maybe it's my teammates, he thought. They were a three person team; Monty, a girl named Greta, and a man named Owen.

"BZZZZT! Bronze League Participant Owen has left the team!...Bronze League Participant Greta has left the team! Reason given...'Not comfortable with current teammate! BZZZZT!" Ring alerted.

Monty erupted with confusion and anger, replying, "Not comfortable with current teammate? I didn't even do anything!" The man wracked his brain trying to think of a reason his teammates would abandon him, until Omen offered a memory to him through their Sync-Bond.

It showed their teammates giving them the side-eye throughout their entire week together, something Monty had failed to pick up on himself. Omen showed him another memory that made the whole situation click for Monty. Omen had picked up on a conversation between Greta and her Rotom phone the previous evening that Monty had been too far away too hear, and she had asked it to run a check on Monty's name in the Kalos prison records.

Monty was annoyed that Omen had piped up sooner, but he figured it wouldn't have helped anything if they had already thought to run his background. Hopefully they're the only smart trainers in this region, the former criminal thought resignedly.

< They feared us. > Omen communicated with pride.

"That's not good," Monty replied. "We need teammates for the League."

Omen rolled his canine eyes, snorted with a puff of smoke, and asked, < Why should we have teammates that will slow us down? I'm strong enough. >

"It's not your strength I'm worried about," Monty retorted, "It's League rules. Rules we have to follow if we want to stay out of Kalos on the League's dime." Not to mention finding Dahlin, the man thought.

It suddenly dawned on Monty that Ring reported three notifications, but only said two of them. "What else is there to hear, Ring?" Monty asked the Rotom.

"BZZZZT! A notification from the Bronze League. There is a tag-battling tournament in Lilypad Town today! BZZZZT!"

A tag-battle tournament?
Monty only thought for a split second before replying, "Can you sign us up for it, Ring?"

"Yes! We'll win!" Omen barked in approval. Smoke poured from the Houndour's nose in thin wisps, a sign Monty recognized as showing anticipation.

"I know we'll win," Monty said to his partner, "But we're mainly going to find more teammates. Preferably ones that don't scare easy."

< Let them fear us! > Omen snorted mentally. < I'm an omen of power after all. They should fear me. >

---------
July 8th, Lilypad Town
---------

The bus ride was neither comfortable nor speedy, but Monty and Omen arrived in Lilypad Town with plenty of time to spare. The pair quickly oriented themselves in the direction of the Tag-Battle stadium, but decided to grab a bite to eat considering their morning of Karrablast-related carnage.

Monty's eyes swept the streets, looking for anything enticing, when Omen alerted him to a delicious smell in the air.

< That stand over there looks good. > Omen told his trainer while making a beeline for the delicious smell, and Monty followed his partner's path to see a boneless wing stand just down the street. Sure, that actually sounds really good right now, Monty agreed as his stomach growled.

There were a few patrons at the stand, including one young man who's demeanor Monty recognized as that of a punk, but Omen ignored them as he barked at Monty to get him food.

The trainer swaggered up to the stand and paid the clerk for an order of barbecue, an order of extra spicy wings, and two waters, exchanging the money and sitting down with Omen at one of the many tables. Monty set his steely-grey eyes on the punk and his Pokemon, neither of whom Monty recognized, and watched with amusement as he was swindled by one of the oldest tricks in any fraudster's book.

The former criminal smirked and Omen snickered at the scene as he mentally commented, < He is a fool. >

You're not lying,
Monty replied jovially. Now let's eat.

Last edited:
"You want me to join your team?" Shiro asked and looked up at the boy, then at Glacier and then at Gehenna.

He didnt know how to answer as this seemed simply sudden.. But he wasnt unhappy. He wanted to join and now he has opportunity for this! Both Gehenna and Glacier nodded their heads in agreement.
"Sure! We can join you!" He said and got up with a smile.
"My name is Shiro.. This cute Little one is Glacier the Cubchoo and That fierce one is Gehenna the Sizzlipede" said the boy as he introduce himself.
@RenzFlintrock

"Uh, sure! We do need a 4th teammate for the tournament after all. So unless either of my teammates have any objections, I'd be glad to have you on the team!" He smiled as the boy introduced himself and his Pokemon: Shiro, Glacier, and Gehenna. He took mental notes of Gehenna's species so he could have Clive look it up for him later. Then he went ahead and introduced himself and his team. "Nice to meet you all! My name is Noah, and my partner," he gestured to the Ralts hidden behind his leg, "is named Stella. My teammates are Avery and Victor. We're Team Happy Campers."

- - - - - - - - - -

A while later, Noah found himself in a back room at the stadium, equipped with several tables, chairs, and bottles of water. It was one of the waiting rooms for teams of trainers about to compete in the tournament. Happy Campers were up in the next match, and by now Noah thought the group had a fairly solid strategy for whatever their opponents had in store for them. He had been pacing the room, filled with excitement for the battle ahead and a little too much spare energy. However, in an effort to calm himself, he sat down at one of the tables and pulled Clive out of his pocket. He wanted to pull up the current match so he could watch their potential opponents and gain some insight into their teams and strategies.

Esther PoV ~ Date: July 8

The streets were packed, the roads congested with bumper-to-bumper human traffic. The double events—the Lilypad Tag Battle Competition & the Lilypad Contest—had attracted a swarm of trainers dead-set on participating in one, or both, of the events. Esther had her eyes set on the Lilypad Contest; but, she wasn’t opposed to a fight in the Coliseum—if her team needed her.

Regardless of whether she was participating or not, she would meeting her team in an hour at the Coliseum; right before the Lilypad Tag Battle Competition—a mouthful she’d decided to shorten to Lilypad-TBC—began at 10:30 am.

For now, Esther squeezed through the crowded streets, trying to avoid stumbling over anyone. She’d seen one pair of trainers do that already and one of them had even dropped his Pokémon in the process. It reaffirmed her decision to keep both of her Pokémon safely in their Pokéballs.

~~~

The Lilypad Contest Hall was currently…closed. With the contest only two days away, the main contest hall was being cleaned and prepared for the up-coming festivities.

Esther sighed, somewhat disappointed. The plan had been to scope out the Contest Hall, get a feel of what unique and useable features existed on the stage; then, she could plan her appeal with that in mind. However, with the main contest hall closed she only had access to the lobby.

In spite of the circumstances, the contest hall was not as empty as one might expect and so Esther decided to make use of the resources available. She decided she’d spend the next half an hour talking to the staff and higher ranked coordinators. She wasn’t above asking for tips and best practices.

Last edited:
July 1st, Hearthome City
Entering the Pokemon Center, Joan quickly surveyed her surroundings to find that... it wasn't much different than what she was used to. Though, she did notice a guy waving at her and offered back a small wave in response. "Hmm, I guess they don't make Pokemon center that different even in a much more populated area. That's good to know." The girl muttered to herself. After looking around the building for a few more minutes, another thought entered Joan's mind. "Hmm, now what? I guess the main thing we should focus on would probably be the Gyms but what else? Is there anything else for us to do?" Just as that thought was crossing her mind, a notification ringed on her phone. "Huh? What's this?"

July 8th, Lilypad Town
"Well, here we are." Arriving at the location of the event was Joan followed by her two Pokemon. After being notified of this tournament, the girl decided there wasn't any harm in entering and it answered her question about whether or not Gym challenges would be their only goal during the League. "Well we're here but, what do we do now?"

July 8th, Lilypad Town

Andy would stretch and give a little yawn as he woke up from the bed from Lilypads pokecenter. The last week was a bit on the pedestrian side in that he went to the pokemart to buy one pokeball before walking to route 212 , specifically the little area behind the pokemon mansion to find a pokemon. It took a while but he did find a Cleffa. While the battle did result in the acquisition of the pokemon after a rather heated battle of babies consisting of a few water guns and pounds, it left him very much tired after it ended. It was back to the pokecenter after that for some sleep.

The day after that it was time to get over to Lilypad Town, Andy decided to take a plane over to the town for the sake of ensuring that he arrived on time for the tournament, he wasn't participating but may look to watch a few of the matches.

While 3 days from July 4 to July 7 were working days specifically for cleaning houses around Lilypad, not the most glamorous but it did provide some money and did also function as a way to explore and familiarize himself with the area. It caught up to him on the day before the tournament and he certainly slept good in the pokecenter that night.

He now would clean himself up on this new day and settle down a bit perhaps bonding a bit with both pokemon would be on the cards today or watching the tournament that was due to happen hours from now.

Inventory- 5500 pokeyen ( 5000 to start -1500 for 7 pokecenter nights and 1 plane trip to lilypad town. +2000 for 4 days working)
Pokephone

@ThAtGuY101 @Godjacob

Last edited:

The Coliseum stood away from the city, held at length by a quaint yellow brick road; but there were no wizards to be found here, only the remnants of a time long gone, the passage of a thousand years—maybe even more. It was a wonder the Coliseum even stood; with its cracked arches and battered walls, the building seemed to have endured a relentless fusillade of cannon-fire; and, with the Lilypad-TBC being held within its walls annually, it probably had.

Esther waited just outside the Coliseum’s walls, breathing in the history and trying to avoid the crowd of spectators rushing to grab good seats—no one wanted to sit in the last row, which looked like it could crumble at any time.

The coliseum's bell tolled and over the cheer of the crowd Esther could hear the announcer signaling the last call for sign-ups. With only minutes to spare, she whipped out her poke-device and started texting Ron in rapid bursts.

‘Hey!'

'I’m at the Coliseum'

'Where are you guys?'

'Seats are going fast—'

'if you don’t hurry up we won’t have anywhere to sit... (ーー; )
'

'you're about to miss the sign-ups!'

'Did you guys find a fourth member?'

'I can fill-in if not.'

'Pyrrha’s been griping about getting a battle, but I really want to get some practice in with Melaya... (~_~)'

'Btw, watch out for people selling Pokémon, I heard they try to take advantage of new trainers with this big events ━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━’

'It's pretty crowded here so keep an eye on Hilda, she seems like the type to get kidnapped—and watch out for Maribelle too—she might f*cking maul somebody for stepping on her toe'

'We should really get a leash for her (´ω`。)'

'Think we could convince her it was city fashion?'

Last edited:
Ron looked at his phone and a serious tone crept over his face. He wasn't about to miss out on the one event he had been looking forward too and he now had to think of a good story of how he captured a new Magikarp. However he could do that on the way, he now needed to transfer the team to the competition.

"We gotta go!" Ron made sure to have paid his food before getting up. "We're late if we don't rush, we won't get to the sign ups." He rushed the two trainers, Hilda and Mari, by pushing them out of the food stand area and towards the building they were supposed to go to. "We didn't even plan a strategy!" That last bit was more of Furia's feelings being expressed through her trainer.

He finally saw Esther up ahead, calling out to her before he kept rushing his team towards sign ups. He took the lead when they were finally there, walking up to the lady calling for sign ups. He took out his phone and showed the page that showed the application he had made for registration.

"Team Hot Stuff reporting for duty." He tried to keep himself from laughing, but since nobody had suggested a team name, he figured he might as well troll them. He had also included Esther, he somehow felt they would be missing the 4th member.

After registration he regroup with the team, showing them their sign up was complete. "We just need to include which Pokemon we're using before the first battle. I'm going with Furia, she is the most eager to battle. What about you guys?"

Victor

"We're ready to go." He sat next to Noah with Cat on his lap. "I know me and Cat are going to be slow but we will provide as much support as possible."

Cat was silent and still, as always ever since she became a Metapod. However she had began to express herself with her eyes and currently she was either sleepy or very concentrated, it was still hard to tell.

Esther found a stone bench and sat down at the coliseum’s entrance. After about a minute of lolling about, she checked her poke-device and noted that Ron had read her messages.

She wiped some sweat from her brow, hoisting her hand to protect herself from the summer sun. Another 10 minutes passed and Esther noticed her team in the distance, checking her poke-device once more she noted no new messages from Ron. Ron had seened her. “Wow…what a bitch.”

~~~

“I’ll be going with Melaya, I haven’t had any chances to battle with her as yet.”

Pyrrha was eager, but the Lilypad contest was in two days and soon after that they’d challenge a gym.

~On the road to Lilypad City...~

Guy readied himself to leave. It seemed like it was time to go. Guy in the others had headed to their destination. On the way to Lilypad City from Hearthhome City, one would eventually need to travel through Mt. Coronet. Guy took his time travelling through the caves looking for fossils. He did find a fossil, but it was just coprolite. The cave Guy clearly didn't look like it seen much light so he had to rely on his porygon phone for light. He even saw a bug shell, and as he headed in he saw something move. A bug shell! No! A pokémon! Dark brown shell covered the creatures entire body. Piercing red eyes shot out from underneath the shell. He couldn't get a good look of the creature's face due to how dark it was. The creature scurried off but Guy was having none of this!

Guy was gonna catch that bug! Guy followed it. He eventually reached the small creature shot dirt at Guy and Goju.

"Gah" Guy yelled falling back. Goju got hit the most, but handled it well, "Use rock throw" Guy yelled. "Booonslyyy!" Goju roared sticking its horn into the ground ripping earth up. Goju tossed a rock at the pokemon that just tucked itself into its shell. The rock didn't do much damage, but it was better than nothing.

The pokemon used absorb, and Guy began to realize just how bad of a matchup this was, "Dodge, dodge, dodge buddy!" Guy yelled. His bonsly nearly dodged it but was grazed by part of the attack. The limited part that hit was pretty effective. Bosnly's movements shown it. "Use rock throw again!" Guy yelled.

Goju frustrated threw a rock as hard as it could hitting the pokemon head on. Guy threw a pokeball at the pokemon. In the pokéball it went. One shake. Two shakes. three shakes. *Ding!* the pokéball went.

"Hooray! I caught a kabuto!" Guy hollered.

"Kabuto is a Pokémon that has been regenerated from a fossil. However, in extremely rare cases, living examples have been discovered. The Pokémon has not changed at all for 300 million years." the dex stated.

After that sudden yell of Guy's, he began to hear something in the distance, "Uuugghh... Goju...? That doesn't sound good..." And before Guy could finish his sentence he saw eyes glaring at him, "Ruuun Gojuuu!!!" Guy yelled lifting Goju. He didn't look back but he could hear that he was being followed. He eventually saw light which lead to the exit. As he eventually got closer to the exit, he was no longer being chased by wild pokémon.

Of course, he eventually arrived in Lilypad City.

~Eventually arriving in Lilypad City...~

That morning, just outside the pokécenter, Dolan stood out back near some trees stretching his joints and all that good stuff. Wearing nothing but a pair of loose shorts. Bonsly was stretching his little legs, and even even his new pokemon Shao(Kabuto). Shao was power napping. Okay... Not exercising, but at least he was there.

Eventually they would get finished, and Guy would get fully dressed up for the day. He would eventually need to see the others.

"Let's see if we can find the others! but fiiirst... Let's text that son of a bitch, Craig!" Guy yelled in cheer.

"Bonsly bon!(Translation: Yippee)" Goju went.

"How's it going? How's Alola? What are you doing? hurry up and text me back, jerk. See anything cool. Check out this cool pokémon. Caught it myself. Looks cool huh? Of course it does. That was rhetorical. Hope your doing well" Guy texted.

July 8, Lilypad Town Coliseum
4400 Cash
2 Pokeballs
First-Aid Kit
Map of Sinnoh
Backup Clothes
Package of Sandwiches
Water Canteen
Pokénav

“Okay… so I should be finding my team soon enough, right?”

“Did you even TRY to make one?”

“….ah.”

Ivory had lightly facepalmed on the comment made by her Mareep companion depsite him not actually being the Pokémon she would be using for this tournament. So if she really wanted a go at this, maybe some folk would take her in for a team? Maybe.

Still, her first big event outside of Hoenn was going to be a tag battle tournament. Who would have thunk it? Not quite the Contest she was aspiring for, but it could certainly be far worse then this. Then again, Ivory wasn’t even going to participate in anything she deemed not to her liking.

Still though… she had barely gotten any training in with Flex and Amarillo. Would they really be up to try and help her win this thing? Well they could at least try, and if they didn’t do well it would be a-okay. Training exists and while it would be tiring, it would help her improve anyways.

Speaking of Flex, he felt himself being nudged by his trainer as she spoke to him in a quick yet understandable tone. “I’m using you for this thing, remember?”

All the wood gecko did as a reply was salute a bit as his posture grew a bit overconfident. Yet he was still gonna get this to work out the best he could for his battle buddy whether it took him one day or as long as the tournament did.

“Nice thoughts you got there buddy.”

“GYAAAIH?! Did you really just hear all that…?!”

“Calm down Flex, I thought it was sweet.”

The gecko huffed a bit as Ivory sighed a bit before going on a hunt for a team to participate with. Hopefully she could get something to work, and perhaps it would happen quickly too. Or maybe not. Okay, hopefully it would happen at all at least.

Lilypad Town, July 8th

"Ah, it is quite lovely today. Isn't it?"
Ally seemed to have gone for an Early morning jog around with her partner Pichu the new day after they had arrived in Lilypad Town. Ally had soaked in the wonders of what was around her the moment she had touched down on this new land, and her Pichu seemed to get more used to her the more time they had spent together. Pichu seemed to find Ally to be quite the compassionate trainer, allowing it plenty of free roam outside its Pokeball and tried to make it comfortable even amid their growing social circle.

Ally even passed up a chance to try and catch a Pokemon on the route here, to follow in Guy's example, when Pichu seemed nervous about it as Ally insisted they can go at a "gradual" pace. It had been more than expected, and it had caused their bond to grow and Pichu to feel a sense of comfort as it had spent time with this girl.

"Gotta say I am liking it here in Sinnoh more and more, this town seems so nice! And there is a big event comin gup today, that should be fun to watch~" Ally said, as in spite of the jog she seemed not much winded and even bubbled with excitement. She had reached into her bag and pulled out what seemed to be an apple slice, as she had bent down to offer it to the Pichu who had taken a sniff of it before taking a bite; as the Pichu seemed to smile as she chewed it.

"Pi!" The Pichu cried happily as she chewed on her apple slice.

"There we go..." Ally said as she stroked the head of her Pichu, before she stood up. "Should probably meet up with Andy and Guy, don't want them thinking we bailed on them, now do we?" Ally said as Pichu had happily nodded and the pair moved in the direction of the Pokemon Center as they aimed to meet up with the pair.

Lilypad Town

Shiro was nervous.. He couldnt sleep all night as he hoped to be a useful asset to the team he was about to join. He wanted to win.. They could win! He had to believe in a team he was joining and in himself.

He was full of worry in a morning as well, but he wasnt alone... He had Gehenna and Glacier with him! His two beloved pokemon didnt left him alone and support him. After a good breakfast and a short conversation with some people about a tournament the boy headed to the coloseum where the tournament would be hold.
He only wondered where are the others.

July 8th, Lilypad Town
-------------------------

Monty was met with yet another round of disappointment as he ate his meal, mentally concluding that nothing could beat the street food back home in Lumiose City. Just once I want something as good as Ms. Decalour's crepe stand, the former criminal mentally complained, but there's no going back to that now.

Monty looked over at Omen and asked, "How is it?" He really didn't need to ask though, as Omen's enjoyment of his meal was literally all over his face. The Houndour greedily tore through his food, getting sauce all over his snout, and didn't bother looking up at Monty as he answered his trainer's question.

< It is...satisfactory. >

"
Just satisfactory? You are covered in it."

Omen peered up at Monty as he snatched up the last morsel in the basket and licked his chops, effectively cleaning his snout of sauce. < Just satisfactory. >

Monty rolled his eyes and disposed of their trash as the punk and his companions left the stand in a hurry, shouting something about being late for sign-ups.

"Late for sign ups?" Monty wondered aloud. "Sign ups for what?"

< "The tournament!" > Omen barked as he shook out his coat. < "We can't be late, I won't miss the chance to fight some real opponents!" > With that the Houndour took off in the Punk Team's direction, nearly leaving Monty behind as the trainer pursued his partner. "Slow down, we'll walk!" Monty called out, but his partner only slowed his pace enough for Monty to catch up.

< We must get there now! > Omen retorted stubbornly. The Houndour took deep breaths, smelling the air for the punk's trail, and quickened his pace as the pair approached their destination.

After turning a couple corners Monty and Omen arrived at the Lilypad Coliseum, and clearly just in time as a steady stream of trainers and spectators began to arrive. Damn there are so many, Monty thought as he scanned the crowd for anyone who looked to be in the same solo-boat as he and Omen.

< There, with the lizard! > Omen communicated once he spotted a possible teammate, ears flickering as the pooch strained to listen to the person's conversation. < They don't have a team. >

Monty followed his partner's gaze to a girl who looked to be around his age, maybe a little younger, with a green lizard-like Pokemon by her side as she snaked her way through the crowd. "Perfect," Monty said as he pushed his way through the crowd with Omen right at his heels.

"You!" Monty called out and pointed at the girl as he got closer. "You need a team for the tournament right? Join mine."

(@Alternate_Mystery)

Moxi woke up from the bench he had been sleeping on for the past couple of days and started to get ready for the day, he had checked his phone to make sure he had the date right and thought about what he should do. "Well obviously I need a team is I wanna compete in the lily pad event, I have been training with both of my Pokemon and i've bonded with them but that dosen't matter if i don't get to compete in the event." moxi stopped walking and began to think that maybe other people are participating and then a lightbulb went pff in his head. "I got it i'll just ask anyone with a pokemon if they're participating in the event then i can ask them if they wanna team up, great idea me!" moxi happily said to himself as he ran around town looking for someone with a pokemon.
After a while of ask he walked into the pokemon colosseum and randomally asked someone to join his team. "Excuse me miss, would you mind joining my group." moxi said out of pure desperation.
@Alternate_Mystery

~Guy Jonah...~

*Que the anime opening*

Guy had gotten his stretches in as well as his pokémon, and now he was fully dressed, and ready to meet up with his friends. He headed inside where he would see Andy and his pokémon. Guy smiled and waved,

"Mornin', Andy!" Guy said cheerfully as he approached him.

"Bonsy bonsy!" Goju cheered.

Shao silently followed Guy into the pokécenter, silently judging all the people and pokémon before him.

"I wonder if Ally got up this morning. Have you seen her, Andy?" Guy asked.

July 8 | Lilypad Town Coliseum
4400 Cash
2 Pokeballs
First-Aid Kit
Map of Sinnoh
Backup Clothes
Package of Sandwiches
Water Canteen
Pokénav

The suddenness of two people more or less bolting up to her was a pretty big shock to Ivory, and Flex didn’t like this one bit so he had attempted to leap to one of these people and show them not to mess with his Trainer only to get caught by the tail.

“DON’T DO THAT TO HER! SHE’S SENSITIVE, ALRIGHT?!”

It wasn’t loud enough to hurt any ears whether they belonged to a human or Pokémon, but the brunette was very embarrassed by this revelation and had sighed softly as she held her gecko partner to her chest to avoid any more of what had nearly happened.

“Oh gosh… r-really sorry about him. In case you couldn’t tell he’s really defensive over me… but I’ll take both of you up on that team offer. Perhaps we could just become a three? That way you can both have me on your team I guess….”

Flex had huffed a tiny bit as if he wanted to say something but decided against it. But from what he was seeing these folk looked kind of like newbies as well so he wasn’t gonna judge anybody here. Besides from himself a teeny bit for lashing out like that, but he’d probably be forgiven.

@~Patriot~ @Moxxie the ultimate imp

Noah looked up from his Rotom-phone with a smile and nodded. “Thanks, Victor! We’ll be counting on you and Cat to keep our enemies from outmaneuvering us. If their melee attackers can’t get to us, we’ll have a much easier time dealing damage and dodging.” Noah glanced down as Clive finished pulling up a list of the competitors who had entered so far. He considered digging a little deeper to see who was up against them in the next match, but decided it could wait for a little and turned his attention back to Victor. “Cat knows Harden, right? She could probably stop some physical attacks if she needs to. We’ll have to worry about Flying types, though. If Shiro isn’t using Cubchoo, we won’t have much to deal with those. Speaking of... where is he?”
Noah gave a few quick taps on Clive’s screen. A moment later, he’d sent a message on the Happy Campers group chat, which they’d added Shiro to after he agreed to join then for the Tournament.
‘Yo, we’re in the West waiting room. There’s another match going on still, but we’re up next! Let’s do this!’

@Hecotoro @Clite of Dragonbow @ThePlayfulFox

“Nice ta’ meet’cha. Call mey Mari,”

With those words, Mari didn’t feel so lonely anymore.

As she had approached the lone familiar face – perhaps the only one in this accursed town that mattered, she was introduced to her other teammates in swift order. Resourceful, she’d found herself a posse and just like that, they were off, giving the girl nary a chance to eye her new partners. Regardless, she soon found an opportunity to gauge them well; the girl with an interestingly gloomy aesthetic immediately suggested a shopping trip, and Mari could only blink in surprise; was this the fabled city gal who cared excessively about physical appearances and thought only of shopping and makeup? Although the girl herself had to admit the allure of the mart; she probably spent way longer than her team, browsing the aisles, fingers tantalizingly brushing along the line of products, marvelling at the clean rows of neatly stacked shelves. Following her new black sheep partner’s lead, she ended up buying the only product she was familiar with – pokeballs. Avery continued to observe silently, or sulk; whatever he was up to inside his own, she had no clue.

The revelation that her shopping haul, while hefty, wasn’t quite as hefty as her teammate’s came as a strange relief to the girl. All in all, she’d managed to spend a whole thousand less than her new spendthrift friend (
“chee wiz, citee life chure wer’n expensi’!”) with the goods to show for it. And while she’d been just as leery at the supposed mode of transport as the rest of the team, it did have a silver lining behind it all – the sudden teleportation woke Avery out of his stupor.

Being whisked away without warning or notice was jarring on its own, but the musty smell of the location they got dropped off in was arguably worse. The sensation was familiar; it felt an awful lot like when Avery spoke to Mari telepathically, except a hundred times worse. She winced, hard, as a splitting headache came over her, but at the very least she managed to keep her meals down unlike her unfortunate fashionable friend. As she furrowed her brow and pinched the bridge of her nose, she felt Avery stir with some alarm.

“Mari? Mari…? What happened- where are we?”

She kinda wished he hadn’t asked that. Hardly had she looked up to take stock of her situation did she immediately cut off her psionic link to Avery. Whatever this man was doing, Avery certainly didn’t need to see…. That.
“Wha’ th’ heyl, maan, ya got issews,” She growled to him on the way out.

“Yee, naw, ye dinnae’ wannae sae tha’, babs,” Mari amicably chatted as the group strolled down the dusty desert path, having been given a ride by a cheery Drednaw who kindly accepted pats as he waddled off to his next job. It was startling how easily people had begun incorporating pokemon back in their lives when they had the means to security in their hands, and Mari had been quiet about it for a while. Avery had been silent too, but hesitant conversation had been struck eventually as they wandered down the arid road. The girl hadn’t quite come prepared for this weather, but she’d managed simply by stripping off her jacket and shirt, opting to retain her undervest while tying the rest around her waist. So far none of her tentative teammates had commented on the glaring black tattoos, fighting for attention against the silvery white scars arcing across her back and torso. The heat suited her, however, even as sweat slicked her back, she would take the clammy weather over the painful dry winters any day. ‘Maybe we can get some heating systems up there for Pappy… last winter was especially rough for hi-‘

“Th’ heyl, maan!”

Swallowing a cruder curse, if only barely, Mari sat up, dusting herself off while absently running her hands up and down her body, checking instinctively for injuries. A fall like that in the mountains would have been a death sentence, if not by injury or impalement then certainly by hypothermia. But she and her team seemed relatively unharmed, only inconvenienced, so with a mild grumble, she got to her feet, holding Avery’s ball closer to herself. Avery himself had lapsed into silence again; today was a day of strong emotional fluctuations and the little bird felt them more keenly than anyone, and so he remained silent, processing, thinking.

They were in uncertain territory now, and Mari was content to let the others take over in terms of direction; this was unfamiliar, and the dressy girl atleast had some sort of book, guide, thing to refer to. It sure had a lot of words. But soon the tides turned to something far more familiar; a battle.
“Ayywee, lessgo!” Mari grinned, feeling the rush of fortitude within as she prepared for action. Unfortunately it looked like the other two had it handled, as the blue haired boy moved into action faster than she could pull Avery up, leaving the girl disgruntled and somewhat sulky. “Wayl, ken stil’ b’ halypin’! Aves! Knock ‘em ded!” She blurted, tossing the pokeball and sending out a wildly startled Hoothoot who fired off a powerful Hypnosis – hitting the Trapinch squarely in its round face and instead of lulling it into a gentle sleep, knocked it right into oblivion.

While Avery was still blinking around in bewilderment, the goth girl sealed the deal by throwing a rapid pokeball, all while… playing some music or the other?
“Girl, have ya’ naw sense?! Turn tha’ daym thin’ off!” She hollered at Esther, advancing threateningly towards her source of sound when she felt another big drain on her Fortitude, exactly like the one used a couple of seconds ago. Avery instinctively used another Hypnosis on the Larvitar the boy had been fending off, allowing him a successful capture as well. Mari paused and rolled her shoulders, feeling the weight of the two moves, the first of which had been initiated by herself – not too bad, she could keep doing this. It was a welcome burn in her muscles, an exciting exhaustion. But Avery didn’t seem to share in her excitement, promptly letting himself back into his pokeball and shutting down yet again. The girl frowned; how long should she let this slide, exactly?

---

Having witnessed two successful captures back-to-back, and deciding her own arsenal should be strengthened as well, Mari had been listless the last few days, wondering how best to proceed. Avery must be lonely too, alone, she theorized; a friend could do him good, and it wouldn’t do to be holding her team back on account of her strength. That being said, her attention had been drawn away by more demanding matters – Avery loathed her.

“Wha- I kinnae knew’ ye weren’ prepayr! Wha- was I suppose’ken tae do? Wri’ ouen en fohrmal lettair’ tae’ invit’yen in?!”

“That’s not the point, Mari! The point is I didn’t know about any of it! Anything could have happened!”

“Nawnsense! There weren’ foor of us! Ain’ nae way, it ken so sayfe too them days wif’ all en Pokemon Rayngers aroun’!”

Safe? A team is supposed to be safe, a trainer is supposed to be safe… maybe they are, and I’m the fool here…

The topic of debate was just that – through some matter of force, will, or surprise, Mari had managed to unknowingly exert such incredible amounts of Fortitude on Avery that she had been able to force the young bird to use a move. The power disparity between the two was becoming increasingly apparent, atleast to Avery, and yet he couldn’t find the will to draw her attention to it. He hadn’t been able to shake off the feeling of puppetry, the unbridled terror he felt when his movements weren’t his own, but imposed by a higher power. Was she right all along? The strong survived and the weak failed? And yet… and yet he couldn’t discard the unease, and so he fought, with his entire tiny chest, skirting the unspoken issue and vexing the oblivious girl, he fought. The desperation he felt now rivalled the foreign belligerence that crept into him, like a spider weaving a web unseen. It scared him, and yet he knew he had to keep fighting. Was strength the only answer to strength? Would he have to learn how to fight like her if he wanted a chance to explain himself to her?

The unease continued for a few days, avoidance didn’t help; Avery would wander off to pick on the local wildlife, but without his trainer present, hesitated to confront anything bigger than the smallest of prey – Caterpie and Weedle. Their training sessions were curt and silent and the flight courses she set up for him were growing increasingly easier. This frightened him too, the lack of apparent effort she was putting into training him. So that was it? His time had come? Worry wore heavy on him as he preened in a silence so frantic that the tick of time seemed to thrum harder than ever. They’d taken a series of transport options to skirt the majority of the Sinnoh region while the free transport license could be availed; and they’d taken a brief respite in Oreburgh city, the final legs of the journey in their quest to reach Canalave- Canalave? No, Lilypad, he thinks? He wasn’t certain, and hadn’t ventured to ask Mari. The girl herself seemed puzzled, uncertain; as much as he loathed being overpowered, he detested the lack of direction even more. The other day, he underestimated his recent growth in size and girth, and when perched upon Mari’s tent pole, had caused the entire thing to collapse under his weight. When the bewildered girl emerged, he fully expected a stern earful, but she gave a silent, noncommittal shrug and returned to pitching it again, painstakingly slowly.

Mari for her part spent a few silent days observing the others and their pokemon, watching them in play or rest, in training or leisure. Her eyes would stray most frequently to Hilda’s little canine, but she also seemed equally fascinated by Ron’s fiery rodent. Where she could stay neutral while watching Felix, and Avery felt something akin to joy when her eyes rested on Furia, there was a different emotion altogether for when Mari chanced glances at Pyrrha, the scaly draconic being.

Envy.

Mari could feel it too, a strange new… motive? bubbled under Avery’s wings, caused him to flap just a little harder, to try just a few new techniques. She’d felt the tug of fortitude as she lay masterfully awake at night, her pretense of sleep so strong that not even her own pokemon, sneaking away at night knew that she kept a watchful eye over the shroud of darkness. She wasn’t certain what he did with the energy he attempted to sneak under her; she almost certainly wouldn’t have noticed the amounts he was taking had she actually been asleep, and the pokeball limited the amount so efficiently that she wouldn’t have missed it in the morning either. Whatever it was, it seemed to embarrass the bird a great deal, so she didn’t ask and he didn’t tell. Atleast, not until…

---

Intruders. They weren’t new, in the noisy, expressive world she knew from birth, a humble abode that provided all she needed – food, water, shelter. She’d never had need for any more, as she lay huddled with her littermates. She chirred in distracted pleasure as she felt her sister groom her gently, and she could see her colony begin to stir as the footsteps she detected grew louder and louder. They were fast, sure-footed – a local, perhaps, just seeking to pass by. She prided herself on her ability to determine the not-so-welcome guests’ predisposition based on minimal things – light footsteps, young female, carrying a heavy rucksack, no injuries, no laboured breathing so either used to rough living or new here. No pokemon around. That one made her pause, as she turned slightly to face the direction the stranger approached from.

Water dripped from the roof above and several Dwebble huddled around the little pool it formed, but even those were sent scurrying as the intruder approached, slowing to allow the safe passage of the pokemon, but not enough to stop. If she sought not to disturb them, she was content to leave her likewise alone; the pokemon turned away, seeking out her sister again to begin working on an especially persistent tick she’d picked up from somewhere. Her muzzle brushed against the soft velvet her sibling was covered in, and felt her ears flatten in thrumming content as her teeth found purchase on the tiny unwelcome bug and yanked it off. The passerby was all but forgotten, one among the million that crossed their dwelling every day, and already she was thinking of her next meal; that one particularly fat insect she’d spied a few hours ago, if it hadn’t already been snatched up by an opportunistic hunter-

A rattle of sound shook up her and her entire colony – the sacred silence had been shattered by the girl pausing to peer into a large fracture in the otherwise solid rock, and with a quiet exclamation, had crouched and jumped into the fissure to nimbly scratch out something that caught her eye. The rubble rattled resoundingly within the cavern walls, screeching raucously at the pokemon colony’s ears, and she could feel a surge of mutiny as they all moved as one. She felt her sister run her tail along her back as she unfurled her limbs and followed the crowd, the horde focused on one thing alone, together.

“Wha’ th-“

Mari blinked in shock as the horde of pokemon descended upon her in something akin to a stampede. She’d known caves to harbour pokemon in numbers before, but never in this quantity. She vaguely recalled Ron or one of the others to have mentioned something of the sort, when they’d been fiddling with their Rotom phones – something something about sightings of large groups of pokemon. Maybe Oreburgh cave being one of these hotspots had slipped her mind; either way, said mind was overcome with warnings from a distraught Avery. A little too late, Mari ducked, avoiding the first volley of pokemon approaching.
“Shu- shu’rrup Ah’m dealin’ wi’em!” She barked at Avery and nimbly dodged the second visible mass in the low light of the cave. As the shrieking horde descended yet again to chase out the offending intruder, Mari’s eyes glinted with familiar knowledge – she knew what this pokemon was, she’d seen it around often at home. She knew how to deal with them. Grabbing her steel water bottle out of her backpack, she slammed it hard into the ground; whatever happened after this, she had to move fast.

It all happened in a blur – Avery burst out of his pokeball, fiercely firing off volleys of his newly learnt move, Confusion, warding off the swarming pokemon with blasts of psychokinetic energy, whether enough to disperse them or do damage and confuse them, either way, his ferocity paid off in spades. Mari could feel the sluggishness weigh heavy on her as her fortitude dwindled in quantum, but gathered herself together for one final push. The resoundingly loud clang of metal against rock was ringing even in her ears, and she didn’t pause to pity her assailants – scrounging together her bearings, she jostled her bag higher onto her back, grabbed Avery by the top of his head, gave a warning sweep of her hand over her head to clear out straggler pokemon, feeling the alarming warmth of bodies brushing far too close to her extremities, and clenching her fists hard, she sprinted the few hundred meters out of the cave, her shiny trinket forgotten behind on the floor.

“Mari? I think- uh, I think you’ve picked up… a guest?” Avery ventured, palpable confusion aimed towards what she held in her hands. “Eh? Oh-“ The girl glanced down and paused at what she held – a whole pokemon. The pokemon in question had similarly paused as though wondering how it could have all gone so horribly wrong, and why it was simply being held like an orange in the girls hand. The trio paused, Mari holding on to Avery like a coconut in one hand, and the offending new arrival in the other, the subject of two pairs of eyes. The moment of silence drew heavy for a second, and suddenly the sun came out.

The sun literally did come out, from behind a cloud, as the wind picked up and caused them to drift off; Mari and Avery squinted in the sudden harsh light, but the new arrival was unphased. The pokemon paused, feeling the sudden warmth on her skin, and stretched out her wings to their utmost. The unique feeling of sunrays on her tiny frail body were unlike any other heat she’d felt before, a comfortable, all enveloping warmth that burrowed to her very core. And oh, how her other senses felt alive too. The smell of wet earth, of freshly cut grass, the chirp of every unfamiliar pokemon around, so different, so sweetly different from the soft vocalizations of her colony. Her ears turned this way and that, listening to the tinkle of unimpeded water, breathing deeply to sense the scent of ripened fruit, of dregs of fur stuck to brambles, of the subtle trail left behind in the footsteps of pokemon. The world was alive and warm and bright and beautiful outside of her little cave.

And in that moment, she wished she hadn’t been born blind.

---

It went without saying that the little winged creature was joining them, and so Mari found herself at the forefront of two avians. She was quite pleased at this development really; the Zubat was a far more accomplished flier than Avery, and she was keen on the owl picking up on some tips from the newcomer, the latter of whom was also far more receptive to her harsh combat training. But to her dismay, it had led to Avery only withdrawing further into his shell; just when she thought she was making genuine progress what with all the new terrain they traversed together. She’d found a new distraction from the heavy weight of the Hoothoot’s worry, however – Zorya, their new addition, was prone to excitedly flitting about with great gusto, exploring the world through her mouth. Quite literally. She was prone to biting unfortunately, but she supposed there’s only so much you can do when you’re blind. And Mari was never certain whether the little chirps she emitted ever so frequently were born of excitement or simply her trying to find her way around the world. Probably the latter, huh?

Whatever be the case, the group had found themselves drifting northward for their first big team event, a competition set up high in the mountains, and there was a hint of frost in the air. Her two pokemon didn’t share her great excitement of returning to the environment most familiar to her, and Mari was content to carry enough excitement for three, even if it was simply following her team around with a great smile on her face.

~~~

( -2000 pokeyen)
( +10 pokeballs)
( -1 pokeball for capture)

Last edited:
Hilda, Lilypad Town, July 8th
Hilda followed Ron to the coliseum. After all, what else was she to do. Chase poor Rattatas with Felix? "Not cool, Hilda. I genuinely wanted to chase him! You're so controlling and mean." She gave her dog a disgusted glare.
"Ever since I've told you no, you've been in a bad mood. I don't like that. I need you to straighten up or I'll use Laz instead of you." She gave an angry breath to her Lillipup.
"Huh? Use me?" A lazy voice spoke up in her mind. Hilda didn't mind the change of pace. After all, it was nice to have his input every once in a while. He was just... very soothing to listen to. Low energy and just a chill guy. Unlike her starter.
"Shut up lazy! I'm good now! I don't need to be kicked out of this!" She rolled her eyes. Her plan was a success. No more complaining over not chasing a Rattata and getting him refocused. She gave a sigh as she neared where Esther was at.

Unfortunately, they were unable to find a fourth member other than, well, Esther. At least the goth wanted to join up. So they all went to get registered. "I'll go with Felix. He and I had a deal." She stated, reaching down to scratch the Lillipup's head. What else was she supposed to do? Betray the poor doggo's trust? No way!
"Good. I would be very mad if you didn't use me for this. That thieving monster doesn't deserve to battle here."
Hilda gave a sigh. "Felix, be nice."
"Yeah! No need to be so mean..." Laz sounded like he would've been in tears if he wasn't in his Pokeball. Felix didn't respond at all. Hilda considered forcing Felix to apologize, but went against it. It wouldn't solve the problem at all, and only make it worse.

Avery, Lilypad Town, July 8th
Avery was silently celebrated as they literally bumped into their fourth teammate. And now, there was four of them. A full team. She, of course, felt horrible from the embarrassment from her friend. She should've been paying more attention as well and warned him before the two ran into each other. But, well, one couldn't change the past. Well, unless you meet Dialga or Celebi, according to the myths she heard, however, that wasn't going to happen. "Why won't it happen, Miss Avery?"
Avery smiled. "They probably aren't even real." Lily was back in her Pokeball, and Reed sat in her lap.
"Not real? Then why do you look up to them? If they are fake, then why think about then at all?"
Avery sighed. "Because people like thinking about things that aren't real. It makes us happier, to think about something that is a fun possibility. Besides, I never said there was no way they are real. Just a strong possibility that they are not."
"Hmm. Strange." The Dratini left her mind, allowing Avery to think about the battle up ahead. She turned to Victor and Noah. "Where's Shiro? I thought he would be here by now..." She shook her head. "Ok, team make up time! I'm using Reed. I know we hardly know each other, but I think Reed is an amazing choice since he has Recover." She smiled proudly before turning to Victor. "By the way Victor, can you teach me how you make Pokemon clothes some time? The sweater you made for Cat is cool."

Shiro rushed as fast as he could but crowd succesfully blocked his way to the West waiting room where the others were. He tried his best but... There was so many people here.. Gehenna was visibly mad after a while and helped to push through the people in the way. Thanks to the help of his pokemon, boy managed reach the team that was already waiting.

"I am so so so so so so so sorry!" He called out and bowed "I didnt really know how to get here at first.." He raised his head and after seeing everyone and their pokemons smiled and greeted them along with Glacier and Gehenna. "My name is Shiro.. This is Glacier and Gehenna and I will be fighting with Glacier. Now, Gehenna is like.. Super strong but we dont understand each other well enough for the competition, or So I think. Cubchoo was with me most of my life So it should be no issue!" He said with a smile "A pleasure to meet all of you!"

(Sorry.. I know its short)
@ThePlayfulFox @Hecotoro @RenzFlintrock

"I'm not participating with that dog."

Ron's calm expression changed to an annoyed one as he heard Furia protest. He rolled his eyes as he tried to understand her. It wasn't that difficult, she just found Felix annoying. He held his hands up to his mouth and closed his eyes, taking a big sigh before addressing the group.

"Change of plans, I'm using Rawr, my Larvitar. Furia suddenly isn't in the mood to battle. I hope I still have time to make the change." He quickly began to fiddle with his phone. "Mari and Hilda, were you two able to check in through the app? I know phones weren't invented yet were you two come from, but you gotta start learning to use them." He smirked at the two country girls, showing he was messing around, but making fun of their country like personality had become his new hobby. "Ai'n no time like tha present to learn, am'I right mee maw?" He looked at Esther to see her reaction of being called a grandma and then proceeded. "Okay, So Larvitar, Lilpup and who else we got?

~~~ Victor ~~~

"I can make you all one whenever you like. This one is modified to keep the interior warm, so Cat's body inside doesn't feel cold." He removed the sweater from the Metapod, who had no reaction to it whatsoever. "I would gladly teach you guys how to make them, it's not difficult, specially with String Shot."

Cat eye's widen as Shiro walked in. The Metapod was so surprised by the entrance she fell on her side. Victor laughed and straightened Cat up. "Don't worry Shiro, glad you could make it. A Cubchoo would be great for our team. I have a feeling this tournament is going to provide great experience for us despite the outcome. So will be the first three in?"

Esther surprised a smirk as Ron mouthed off. She had half a mind to laugh, but that would’ve been awfully uncouth. Anyway, she would’ve been content to remain a spectator until Ron turned his quipiness on her.

The smirk she’d be suppressing fell away—that grubby look he’d given her made it all the more grating. However, soon afterward, Esther’s lips curled into a smile that didn’t reach her eyes. Her hands came together in a crisp clap and she held her joined palms to her left cheek, tilting her head fondly and mimicked an old grandma.

“Oh deary, one for the left—” she swapped cheeks, “one for the right; I’ll spank you like your momma, cause she didn’t do it right."

She kept her tone sweet, sickeningly sugary as she wrapped up, and beamed at Ron ambiguously.

Noah has gotten interested in the conversation about Pokémon clothes, but turned and grinned as the newest member of the team finally joined them. “Hi again, Shiro! Glad you could make it. I think between the four of us, we’ll do great.” Noah paused and glanced down when he felt a brush of fabric near his ankle. Stella was out of her Pokéball, and had moved so that his leg was between herself and Shiro’s Pokémon. Noah wasn’t getting an impression of fear, but rather of shyness and nervousness. Between the looming battle and the uncomfortableness of dealing with more new people, it seemed the little Ralts had allowed anxiety to creep back in.
It’ll all be okay, Stella. They’re working with us. I know you’re feeling nervous, but I think we’ve got this. Just... please try to make sure you don’t get spooked by any of our friends while we’re in the tournament, okay? You’ll probably have enough to worry about with just our opponents, so I want you to be at least neutral towards our allies, okay? I’m not saying you have to be friends or anything. You don’t need to go out of your comfort zone, even. Just remember they’re on your side here, okay?”
“... okay.”
“Sorry if that came off as scolding or something, I jus-“
“No, it is alright... I know you are concerned for me and about the tournament. I’m just... not comfortable around them... At least, not yet...”
“Alright, Stella. Thanks.”
“...”

Their brief mental conversation brought to a close, Noah let his attention return to his teammates just in time to hear Victor as who would be up first. “Hmm... that’s a really good question, Victor. All four of our Pokémon will have different strengths based on what Pokémon we end up fighting... I guess we won’t really know what they are beforehand, though. But right now, our team is looking like this: defense and utility from Cat, offense and recovery from Reed, and some mixed Status and Special attacks from Stella. And...” he paused, looking up Cubchoo with some help from Clive, “it looks like Glacier has some good moves too. I really like Icy Wind in this type of tournament, because it slows down the entire enemy team...” Noah stopped talking again to think through things. “Yeah, given the problems Flying types could cause Cat, and Dragons being a common starter choice, I feel like Glacier will do really well. Unless Shiro has any objections, I think he and Glacier should be up first, alongside Avery and Reed, and then either Victor and Cat or myself and Stella. I’d really like to battle, but if you want to go first, Victor, I think you could synergize well with the other two. If that plan sounds good to you all, we can do that. I’m open to other suggestions, though.”
Noah was a little sad at the prospect of giving up his chance to battle right away, but he knew that it might be for the best. Stella could be at full strength for other battles and Noah could get a better feel for how the others did in a group-combat setting.

@Clite of Dragonbow @Hecotoro @ThePlayfulFox

Iron Island quickly rose to the top of Ezio's top 10 places not to visit in Sinnoh when looking for a missing person, a very specific list that Ezio just made up to handle his frustrations. Examine was dutifully carrying iron towards the boat, but it was too freaking dark to see more than five feet in front of you and he did not want to run head first into one of those massive Golbat. Letting out a shout of frustration, the boy messed up his hair. "This is impossible! Why did he have to run into the worst possible place to find someone?"

"Ey, shaddap." Emily said, smacking Ezio with her tail to shut the boy up. "The scent of the boy turns around here, he probably made it back already. Let's move it before we become a snack."

The Unovian and his partner Pokémon headed back, out of the cave and ran into Examine along the way. "Would you say this amount of iron is enough?"

"I wouldn't know, yet to see it. Come, let's head back."

Recalling Examine to save on the energy consumption, Ezio rolled his shoulders before continuing to ascend and running into a boy with a Bulbasaur and a Magby. "Hey, are you lost?"

While Andy pondered on what to do for the moment, he noticed Guy stroll into the center waving to him "Mornin', Andy!" he heard him say

"Oh morning Guy" he smiles back to him while the Azurill and Cleffa give little waves to him as well, the star shape pokemon trying to hide from Guy a bit by going into a shirt pocket being a timid little pokemon. Andy had already did his morning routine and was mainly waiting for his two partners to show up, Guy was now here which left the question of where Ally was. Andy noticed the new pokemon that wasn't the bonsly trailing behind him. "I see you got a new pokemon there Guy, nice, same here." he cheers pulling out the Cleffa again "though she is very shy."

As he heard Guy bring up Ally, Andy shook his head, "I'm sure she got up this morning, but i haven't seen her yet. Wanna look for her?" he asks looking over to Guy's new pokemon for a bit.

Inventory- 5500 pokeyen Pokephone

Moxi jumped for joy now that he finally had a team and he couldn’t stop crying tears of joy. “Thank you so much, you have no idea how many times I’ve been rejected by people and how many of team gave me weird looks.” Moxi’s backpack zipped open and Yukan popped his head out of the bag and slapped Moxi over the head for jumping while he was still inside the bag. “What the hell is wrong with you people are trying to sleep!” Yukan yelled out angerily while he repeatedly hit Moxi on he head. Moxi grabbed Yukan and scratched the bottom of his chin to calm him down. “I completely forgot he took a nap while I was walking around, sorry buddy. Anyway my names Moxi and this little jerk is Yukan, nice to meet you both.” Yukan waved at Flex with a smile while Moxi introduced himself the his group.

@Alternate_Mystery @~Patriot~

"Mari and Hilda, were you two able to check in through the app? I know phones weren't invented yet were you two come from, but you gotta start learning to use them."

The girl snapped to attention when she heard her name, the very sound of it foreign in the way the boy pronounced it; light and sharp and strangely offensive, even though his tone was jocular and cheery.
"Aye ye ken gaw' tha' rihet! We dinnae haf' awl these godforsook phoons aroon'!" She agreed vehemently however, carelessly waving the device about before her face as Avery telepathically watched in half horror. 'Careful, Mari, that thing costs more than everything you own!' He cautioned as she flipped it, caught it neatly and dropped it back in her bag. She paused as the boy directed a question at the group, the events of the past few days catching up as she contemplated her next move. Zorya was silent, asleep in the mid of day as would be expected of her species, but she could feel her vigour through the haze of rest and the limitations of the devices they were stored in. The Zubat had been eager to break through and slowly adapt to the constant moving lifestyle the team had adopted; she was becoming more and more active during the day, although the relentless sun of midday still beat her back. But Mari was certain the day when she could freely fly regardless of rain or shine wasn't too far away for the spunky little bat pokemon. She had been content to flit about and explore her newfound freedom, but Mari had yet to use her in a battle... but perhaps she would rather take her chances there, when met with...

"Aye, I'll ken be usin' this gal," She nodded decisively, holding up the shinier, newer pokeball of the two, harbouring the still resting Zubat.

However, before a search could be organized for Ally the Alola native herself arrived as she and her partner Pichu soon saw Andy and Guy as she took one moment to catch her breath before she smiled at the pair. "Alola guys, sorry I was hoping I could make it back before you got up but kinda got lost on the sights during my jog." Ally sheepishly said in apology as she rubbed the back of her head.

"I hope you two have been well." Ally smiled, as she quickly wanted to clear that awkward air of her arrival as she hoped to catch up with the two. Her PIchu seemed to be curious, since it saw the pair of Pokemon Ally's travel mates had and moved over by them as it seemed to try and get a sniff of each to become more familiar with them. Ally thought this had been cute, but was prepared to move her partner back if it proved a problem to Andy or Guy's Pokemon.

@ThAtGuY101 @Malcolm102

"Bonsy bonsy!" Goju cheered as he waved at the two other baby pokémon.

"Yep" Guy said gesturing to Shao.

Shao glared at the two of them before scurrying off under a chair. Shao sat within the darkest corner underneath the chair judging the trainers and the baby mon from its darkened corner. Piercing red eyes sharply looking around.

Kaaabuto..."Shao muttered as he saw Ally and her mon walk in.

"Totally! I'm doing pantastic! How 'bout you, Ally, you doi g well?" Guy said.

Goju let out another cheer as Pichu went to sniff then. Goju didn't sniff other pokéon to greet them, but he did copy Pichu's behavior by sniffing it in return. Goju took it a step further and used the balls on his head to give Pichu a friendly pat on the head.

"Alola guys, sorry I was hoping I could make it back before you got up but kinda got lost on the sights during my jog." Andy heard Ally say as she arrived moments before a search is made.

"Not a problem, I did the same thing while making some extra money upon arriving here" Andy nods to her and the baby Pichu as they arrived, Andy not catching Shao glaring at everyone from his spot from under the chair. "I am doing very well myself thank you Ally" he replies, the mouse and star pokemon waving at Ally now though the Cleffa would immediately dart back in the shirt pocket after a few waves looking to avoid the Pichu sniffing her

"Sorry Ally, Onyx is a very shy pokemon" he nods petting the little pink pokemon on her head lightly. "So now that we found each other, perhaps we can watch a few of the battles going on in the tournament and possibly the contest? It should help every one of us get a few pointers and of course, Ally wants to do contests." Andy would suggest .

Inventory- 5500 pokeyenPokephone

"Oh yes, I gotta say I love the town and it is nice that a city like this still has plenty of good jogging space." Ally answered with some pep as she took a bottle of water from her bag and had taken a moment to down a sip as she had felt refreshed as she sighed out after capping her bottle.

As the Cleffa seemed to flee in fear from her, Pichu felt worried as if it had done something wrong. So Pichu naturally had been a touch hesitant when the Bonsley then extended its...appendage, to try and pat her head, but as it had grown to trust Ally it sensed that she trusted them, and thus allowed it to pet its head a little. And slowly, a soft little sigh escaped the electric mouse's lips as it seemed to enjoy it.

"It's okay, I am sure that with time they can both be comfortable around each other. And yes! I think it would be great it we watched the action, could help us pick up some pointers. Especially for the Contest...well for me anyway uh..." Ally said before her tone shifted sheepishly as she realized the last admission seemed a touch self-centered but she clearly wanted to see the events on display today.