• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open RWBY: Legends of Humanity Discussion Thread

Which Kingdom, and Academy, should the rp take place in?

• Vale - Beacon Academy

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Mistral - Haven Academy

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Vacuo - Shade Academy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Atlas - Atlas Academy

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alright, here's my idea.
So the exam itself would take place in a large area with a MASSIVE ravine in the middle. The ravine itself is filled with low-level Grimm, but it's still quite dangerous with how many there are. The Hunters, in pairs of two, will have to locate a colored flag and bring it back to the start as a team.
Here's the catch. No one knows where the flags are, and they're scattered at random. There's even some in the ravine for the daring students...
Leo's thought ahead, though, and has some of his hunters - including Topaz's father, Zinc Stone - watching the ravine in case any students get into mortal danger. If they need the help of one of the hunters while they already have their partner, however, they fail instantly.
The pairing-up of the students works the same - it's based on eye-contact.

I'm thinking Topaz and whoever he ends up pairing with - Aryle, Ryan or Olivia - would actually end up finding one of the above-ground flags, but a Grimm attack forces them to go down into the ravine to retrieve their dropped flag, where they'd encounter the other two members of Team TARO who would have been in the ravine for one reason or another, maybe they saw one down there and decided to get what they thought was an easy one. Through teamwork, they manage to make it to the surface with both flags, and from there it's a casual walk back to base.
Team JCDS is out of my control, and as such I'll allow thoughts on what would happen to them to that team. Though they would probably get back before Team TARO.

Like it?

In other news, this structure also gives an opportunity for Napier to show up, which helps move things along plot-wise.
Another thing i wanna comment on-
since the Vytal Festival is biennial, its possible the 39th Vytal Festival could be a plot point. I wanna know your thoughts on the idea, since it'd take a lotta work- but could be great if it pays off.

I'm also wondering what would happen in regards to Sterling's semblance, we'd need to find a good point where we could have a full moon night and in doing so unleash the inner beast within Sterling and show why he has such a reputation within part of Vacuo.

Doesn't seem like there's a year on the RWBY wiki...
Oh by the way, my post is going to have Zinc Stone, Topaz's father, bringing him into Mistral. Who will be controlling Leo Lionheart? I'll need to know for my post.

I could go with either, since putting it in Atlas could lead to some interesting plot for our Atlesian huntress~

I'll write my post in such a way that Leo can just be introduced simply.

Yeah, i'm gonna have to go with Atlas, for one reason purely
Plot convenience
I figured, not too dissimilar to the actual series, the final confrontation with Robyn comes throughout the festival, and then the final battle of that arc once he's dealt with. if it's in Atlas, we get to see A: Sherrod Nott finally get what he deserves
B: More opportunity for Robyn and Johanna to do their thing
C: An even more epic final confrontation

I'd assume with how commonplace they are that'd be the Bullheads, which I had the Stones use in my post. Though it'd probs be a different landing area Sterling comes up to.

Idk if he'll be around at that point- Although, i dunno if Robyn and Johanna will split up for that part, with Johanna helping the White Fang, however believe me, there'll be something for them to do once Robyn is down that i'm not gonna spoil nor talk about any more cause its kinda a last second surprise