• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sensō: War of Conquest [Discussion Thread]

What should the name of the region be?

• Total voters
| | Warrior Character Sheet | |

Name: Ona Yuki
Preferred Element: Ice/Dark
Description: A cold blooded and merciless fighter, Ona likes to finish fight as swiftly and effectively as possible. She doesn’t speak much unless spoken to, act uptight most of the time but has a secret cute side to her personality. She takes her duty very seriously.

Has wavy neck length light brown hair and black eyes. Stands at average height and has a fit build. She wears a short sleeved light blue undershirt and skirt under a chest plate, arms and leg guards and sandals.
Weapon: A Katana
Special Ability: Mist walker: Summons a cloud of mist which disrupts the opponents’ senses
Partner Pokemon: Slash (Sneasel)
Warlord: Mountain Lord
Hmmm, accepted.

and that brings us up to 20 characters, by my count.

Oh wow. I would uh.... just leave myself with one character. XD there are so many characters right now.
Ahaha, and it looks like my Character might be the first to hire yours, seeing as she has no retainers.

Speaking of that, @Cmeriwether & @EeviumZ don't have retainers either.

Taking one step backward @PrincessPika~chan & @Nicepeach haven't even submitted their Warlord bios yet...

Luckily, that's a nice even number.

I'd ask that you guys create a second character and exchange them among yourselves, that way each of you can have at least one retainer.

Meriwether has already used up his character slots, but one of those is a wandering Samurai, so I believe one of you should try to recruit him.

Hmmm, yep. That should about do it. Everyone should have at least 1 other Rper to interact with inside their territory. Once we get a nice little map up then I'll see about starting the RP.

That's a bit situational though. It'd require that people be forced into an alliance or perish. Also, you can only attack castles adjacent to you, so as long as the Empire is smart in how they conquer, they won't have too many flanks for you to attack. I suppose that depends on the map of the region though, which we haven't exactly made yet.

Rebellions are a thing, of course, but I'd rather not hinge the well-being of all the Warlords on a rebellion.

This runs into one of the same issues as above. Since you can only attack them from a border you share, as long as they keep the offensive front relatively small there'd be no way for you to do any of that.

Is Adrenaline the same ability that your other character had? If it is then Accepted. I just didn't see a description.

Larvitar and Pupitar have Ground, but you're right in noticing that the Mountain Lord's best sync isn't really Tyranitar since it doesn't fit with his specialization.
Adrenaline is a cannon ability that raises attack for 3 turns

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Final Warrior coming up
Name: Haia Tohōyasei
Preferred Element: Normal || Sub: Fairy
Description: Haia is a bit on the wild side. She doesn't really take too many things that seriously. She is very nimble and has high energy all the time. She tries to give everyone high spirits by always having a smile on her face. While she doesn't take much seriously, she is still a capable warrior. She absolutely adores a good fight where she actually has to give it her all and get serious.

Haia has fair skin, brown hair that extends to her shoulders and hazel eyes. She wears light armor with purple under armor and black leggings.
Weapon: Flail
Special Ability: Invigorate
Boosts the morale of nearby allies making critical hits land more easily for the next two moves they use.
Partner Pokemon: Palmer (Aipom)
Ability: Skill Link
Egg Moves: Tail Slap, Counter
Warlord: Eve Maddox

------------------------

Also I forgot to include an ability and egg moves for Gaius so that is now updated.

Final Warrior coming up
Name: Haia Tohōyasei
Preferred Element: Normal || Sub: Fairy
Description: Haia is a bit on the wild side. She doesn't really take too many things that seriously. She is very nimble and has high energy all the time. She tries to give everyone high spirits by always having a smile on her face. While she doesn't take much seriously, she is still a capable warrior. She absolutely adores a good fight where she actually has to give it her all and get serious.

Haia has fair skin, brown hair that extends to her shoulders and hazel eyes. She wears light armor with purple under armor and black leggings.
Weapon: Flail
Special Ability: Invigorate
Boosts the morale of nearby allies making critical hits land more easily for the next two moves they use.
Partner Pokemon: Palmer (Aipom)
Ability: Skill Link
Egg Moves: Tail Slap, Counter
Warlord: Eve Maddox

------------------------

Also I forgot to include an ability and egg moves for Gaius so that is now updated.
annnd, accepted.

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
It's bugging me on how I STILL can't decide which weapon to use...
Ah whatever, I think I'll stick to the Naginata.
Name: Lucienne Tsukatani.
Preferred Element: Fire/Flying.
Description: She’s very carefree, laid-back and is easily distracted, but she can be incredibly focus, brave and headstrong if she feels like it’s necessary, which isn’t all too often; she doesn’t care too much for formalities either.
She’s somewhat tall, at 165cm (A little under 5”5’ I think?), and has lightly tanned skin, messy shoulder-length auburn hair and hazel eyes.
She often wears a simple leather tunic with a torn bottom edge at the back, a somewhat dark-coloured linen knee-length skirt with two pieces leather attached onto the sides of it, held in place by a black string or cord tied around her waist and a pair of knee-high boots.
Weapon: Naginata.
Special Ability: Dancing Fire.
Boosts Attack of Fire type allies by one stage for their next attack.
Partner Pokémon: Oricorio (Maiko, female).

Name: Oleda Kingdom.
Description: The kingdom is located to the south of the land, in a very warm and hilly area, with some sparse forests scattered around and a few mountains to the south on about half of the coastline; the castle is quite simple in design, mainly being coloured in red and black. The Pokémon that are found there are mainly Flying, Normal and Grass types, though there can be a few Fire types in the warmest parts.
Battle Terrain: A relatively flat area, with low hills all throughout, some thick forests near the edges and a dry, scorched hill around the centre of it; due to the large open area, there's a lot of room for Flying types to move about.
Who still needs a retainer?

Here is my third warrior made at meriwether's request for a retainer.

Name: Hassan Sabbath

Preferred Element: Bug and Flying

Description: Hassan is a man who follows orders but if he doesn't agree with some he will ignore them, and is also very secretive and believes information to be the most important thing. He is a relatively tall man at 6'3 but due to him having hunch in his back he tends to appear to be 5'8 which helps him in battle as he tends to use stealth tactics to get the drop on his opponents and then attack them when they least expect it.

He has dull grey eyes that reflect the darkness he has seen in the world and long sliver hair which he keeps in a ponytail that flows like a river. He wears a black jumpsuit with a brown belt on his waist that use to carry around first aid gear for his allies, he also wears a long green scarf that flows in the wind and has his weapons strapped to his back.

Weapon: Chain Scythes

Special Ability: Insect Wind

This powers up bug type attacks for three turns and gives his weapons flying typing.

Partner Pokemon: Nincada
Egg Moves: Bug Buzz, Final Gambit

Warlord: Shiori Nochizuma

Also Kyuu may I ask how would Nincada's evolution work as in the main pokemon games if there is an empty slot in your party you get both Shedinja and Ninjask but they don't appear in conquest so I can't go off that for his evolution.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Ren also has just one.

I should also ask: Despite the Warlords having a type that kinda represents their kingdom, does the same apply to the Warriors or can they be more free with their choice of type specializing? (Curse my lack of Pokemon Conquest knowledge.)
Pretty sure it doesn’t matter all that much.
Well it does matter a little bit, pokemon from a certain kingdom are much more likely to be of the same type found in the kingdom. My warlord uses fire and ground types, and Pokémon found in my kingdom are fire, ghost, dark, and ground types. My battlefield gives advantages to those who use fire and ghost types especially, but will work well for all of those types. So it would be much more beneficial to have one of those types, and therefor most of not all the warriors and people there have those types. So while you could have a fire type in let’s say Koop’s water kingdom, you wouldn’t get any advantages and it might actually be detrimental to the character so I would advise sticking to the kingdom’s typing.

It's bugging me on how I STILL can't decide which weapon to use...
Ah whatever, I think I'll stick to the Naginata.
Name: Lucienne Tsukatani.
Preferred Element: Fire/Flying.
Description: She’s very carefree, laid-back and is easily distracted, but she can be incredibly focus, brave and headstrong if she feels like it’s necessary, which isn’t all too often; she doesn’t care too much for formalities either.
She’s somewhat tall, at 165cm (A little under 5”5’ I think?), and has lightly tanned skin, messy shoulder-length auburn hair and hazel eyes.
She often wears a simple leather tunic with a torn bottom edge at the back, a somewhat dark-coloured linen knee-length skirt with two pieces leather attached onto the sides of it, held in place by a black string or cord tied around her waist and a pair of knee-high boots.
Weapon: Naginata.
Special Ability: Dancing Fire.
Boosts Attack of Fire type allies by one stage for their next attack.
Partner Pokémon: Oricorio (Maiko, female).

Name: Oleda Kingdom.
Description: The kingdom is located to the south of the land, in a very warm and hilly area, with some sparse forests scattered around and a few mountains to the south on about half of the coastline; the castle is quite simple in design, mainly being coloured in red and black. The Pokémon that are found there are mainly Flying, Normal and Grass types, though there can be a few Fire types in the warmest parts.
Battle Terrain: A relatively flat area, with low hills all throughout, some thick forests near the edges and a dry, scorched hill around the centre of it; due to the large open area, there's a lot of room for Flying types to move about.
Who still needs a retainer?
Accepted.~

Here is my third warrior made at meriwether's request for a retainer.

Name: Hassan Sabbath

Preferred Element: Bug and Flying

Description: Hassan is a man who follows orders but if he doesn't agree with some he will ignore them, and is also very secretive and believes information to be the most important thing. He is a relatively tall man at 6'3 but due to him having hunch in his back he tends to appear to be 5'8 which helps him in battle as he tends to use stealth tactics to get the drop on his opponents and then attack them when they least expect it.

He has dull grey eyes that reflect the darkness he has seen in the world and long sliver hair which he keeps in a ponytail that flows like a river. He wears a black jumpsuit with a brown belt on his waist that use to carry around first aid gear for his allies, he also wears a long green scarf that flows in the wind and has his weapons strapped to his back.

Weapon: Chain Scythes

Special Ability: Insect Wind

This powers up bug type attacks for three turns and gives his weapons flying typing.

Partner Pokemon: Nincada
Egg Moves: Bug Buzz, Final Gambit

Warlord: Shiori Nochizuma

Also Kyuu may I ask how would Nincada's evolution work as in the main pokemon games if there is an empty slot in your party you get both Shedinja and Ninjask but they don't appear in conquest so I can't go off that for his evolution.

Accepted.

Regarding Shedinja and Ninjask, I'll treat them as more an irl Cicada. So upon evolution Nincada will shed its exoskeleton and turn into a Ninjask, but the exoskeleton itself will turn into a Shedinja. This will happen regardless of whether you have a remaining slot for Pokemon or not. However, if you don't have an extra slot then you'll need to release one of them.

Shizu only has one right now.

Ren also has just one.

I should also ask: Despite the Warlords having a type that kinda represents their kingdom, does the same apply to the Warriors or can they be more free with their choice of type specializing? (Curse my lack of Pokemon Conquest knowledge.)

Nukas summed it up pretty nicely. The Kingdoms are usually designed to give advantages to certain types, so its generally more beneficial to follow suit and be of that type.

Regarding retainers let's prioritize the people who don't have any as yet.

That would be PrincessPika and Peach's yet unmade character.

Regarding Shedinja and Ninjask, I'll treat them as more an irl Cicada. So upon evolution Nincada will shed its exoskeleton and turn into a Ninjask, but the exoskeleton itself will turn into a Shedinja. This will happen regardless of whether you have a remaining slot for Pokemon or not. However, if you don't have an extra slot then you'll need to release one of them.
Isn’t that the Cannon way a Nincada evolves into both forms?

Isn’t that the Cannon way a Nincada evolves into both forms?
It's based on a Cicada so I would assume its something similar, but I've never seen Nincada evolve in the anime so I don't really know.

@kyuukestu I’m not sure how to actually edit stuff in the sheets since it’s embedded, but can you switch Kyo’s weapon to a Guandao?
gotcha

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
I have three map locations sorta figured out, including my own. And feel free to suggest region names, and we'll put it up to a vote by poll.
We could go really basic and use a direct Japanese translation for the nation. I mean in Pokemon conquest, the Ransei region comes from Ranse which literally just means turbulent or turbulent times. We could have the Sensō region, which means war, the Sakusen region which means strategy or tactics, Kakushitsu which means feud. These are very basic ideas, but this was the first thing I thought of, I'm sure there are much better names, but I'm just getting the ball rolling.

Last edited: