• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Stark's Sig Shop/Gallery (Requests: OPEN!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: LoN's Signature Shop/Gallery (Requests: OPEN!!!)

I really like that new sig. Although I always go on about needing to have text in a prominent position, I think what you've done works well here. It blends in well, and is fairly easy to notice and very much readable.

I have a few criticisms. Firstly, the right side of the man's hood has this red outline, which looks a bit weird. It seems to have been present in the original, but it would have looked better if you'd fixed it.

Second, I think you've made the area around the man's hands too bright. It's very difficult to look at. I understand that a fire is meant to be bright, but it is affecting the clarity of the image. Also, I'm not really a fan of how you've done the background, with that smudged red effect. I think that shade of red is too light. I presume you're using it to achieve a 'grungy' feel and to increase the warmth of the tone? I would've used a darker shade and perhaps added a subtle vignette.

Finally, this is just personal opinion, but I preferred the darkness of the shadows in the original, I think you've made them too light. Midtones and highlights are fine.

Sorry, that looks like a rant now that I'm reading it, but there were a few small things that I thought could be improved upon. Overall, it's a fantastic sig. I love the way the composition leads you towards the text, and the fire you've added looks really cool.

Requesting a second sig :3 Keep you busy and stuff. I want this one to be orange and have Dragonite on it with the text 'Coreysawrus' on it :3

Nothing, just want one for places I go by the name of coreysawrus and not Riley :)

Done~

http://nervelon.deviantart.com/art/Core ... -351810754
coreysawrus_dragonite_by_nervelon-d5tgiwy.png

Request tiiiime~

Could you please make me a Sig? I've never really had a real one, and that needs to change!

I'm not really bothered what style you do it in, just as long as it has my forum name on it and a Charizard. Oh, and red. It must be red.

Many thanks! :)

Wow, that Dragonite sig is really cool. I love the use of complementary colours in the background, and the effect on the 'c' in the text really drew my attention to Dragonite (because it looks like a Dragonite itself).

I don't really know what to criticise. It may have been better if you had made the Dragonite look a bit more dynamic, perhaps with a motion blur on its wings. I don't know if that would look good or not, but it's not too big a deal, as the background almost seems like it's moving anyway.

I like the Charizard sig, but I think the lighting is a bit bleh. I dislike the spot of light behind Charizard's head, as I think it is distracting. Also, the effect on the Charizard's right arm looks a bit weird - it seems to have completely lost its outline. Additionally, I believe the sig would have been more interesting with a less saturated background, because Charizard would stand out from the background more.

I think the background's colour scheme is a tad too close to Charizard's. Fianlly, I think the text could be moved a pixel or two to the left. Nevertheless, I'm sure you spent ages looking at the best position for the text, so you're probably better equipped to judge than me :p It's still a really good sig, however. I particularly like the definition on Charizard's wings; it really makes them pop out of the screen.

If it's all right, I'd like to make a request. Could I have a sig where the background is either Van Gogh's The Starry Night or similar to it? I'd like Togekiss and possibly Jirachi if you could fit it in as well, although if it affects the quality of the sig then by all means don't include it. I'd prefer their dream world art, but, again, it's completely down to you, I don't really mind otherwise. Oh, and could the text simply be 'Toastie'? Other than that, it's completely down to you. I look forward to seeing how it turns out. Thanks very much!

Thanks for the critique on Dragonite. :)

Toastie said:
I like the Charizard sig, but I think the lighting is a bit bleh. I dislike the spot of light behind Charizard's head, as I think it is distracting. Also, the effect on the Charizard's right arm looks a bit weird - it seems to have completely lost its outline. Additionally, I believe the sig would have been more interesting with a less saturated background, because Charizard would stand out from the background more.

I think the background's colour scheme is a tad too close to Charizard's. Fianlly, I think the text could be moved a pixel or two to the left. Nevertheless, I'm sure you spent ages looking at the best position for the text, so you're probably better equipped to judge than me :p It's still a really good sig, however. I particularly like the definition on Charizard's wings; it really makes them pop out of the screen.

So the short version of this is that you hate the Charizard one. The only part of this that I agree with is the slight glow on his head. The colour scheme and blending is totally fine, I don't -want- him to stand out that much. Otherwise I just may as well have slapped him on any background. I'm gonna ignore most of this.

Toastie said:
If it's all right, I'd like to make a request. Could I have a sig where the background is either Van Gogh's The Starry Night or similar to it? I'd like Togekiss and possibly Jirachi if you could fit it in as well, although if it affects the quality of the sig then by all means don't include it. I'd prefer their dream world art, but, again, it's completely down to you, I don't really mind otherwise. Oh, and could the text simply be 'Toastie'? Other than that, it's completely down to you. I look forward to seeing how it turns out. Thanks very much!

I'm not about to use Van Gogh's work...

LoN said:
So the short version of this is that you hate the Charizard one.
Oh no, far from it. I really liked the sig, but I prefer to list critcisms rather than praises.
LoN said:
I'm not about to use Van Gogh's work...
Perhaps the sig could be inspired by it and be a bit surreal and impressionistic? If you don't feel comfortable doing it, that's fine.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

I think it looks great! I love the subtle colour overlay and the smooth, but sharp blending into the darker colours in the top left corner, it makes for a beautiful contrast with the wings. I like how even though the main elements are centralised, it still appears slightly off-center which makes it a bit more edgy. I think it's one of my favourites that you've done... although the only criticism I could make is that I'm not a fan of Ledian at all. But of course that's down to preference, not the design itself xD

I think my favourite part of the whole design is that the glow of the purple seems to reflect Ledian's eyes :')

Thank you for the comments, Ferne. You're much appreciated ^^

I'm sorry for Ledian! I'll try and up the Manectric production by 300%.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
... Honestly, this thread hasn't been active for over a year. There's little point to make that request.

Topic locked unless LoN asks me to reopen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.