• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Stark's Sig Shop/Gallery (Requests: OPEN!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: LoN's Signature Shop/Gallery (Requests: Closed)

I'm gonna get those tutorials done today I think~

Also, Krysune PM'd me for this one regarding her Lato Region starters, check them out in her art thread!

lato_region_by_loncolossus-d39zjdr.png

I really love your signatures LoN, you are very talented
I love the smudge effect on the Krysune one, it looks very nice.
Keep up the excellent work LoN, I can't wait to see more of your talent~

Absol404 said:
I really love your signatures LoN, you are very talented
I love the smudge effect on the Krysune one, it looks very nice.
Keep up the excellent work LoN, I can't wait to see more of your talent~
Thank you very much for commenting, Absol - the critique was much appreciated :)

I forgot to post this one, its already in the SOTW thread but I'll put it in here too:

sisters_by_loncolossus-d39w6po.png

http://loncolossus.deviantart.com/art/Sisters-198016764

The two tutorials for the Roxas and Aerith sigs above are in the works, too. Should be done in an hour or so~

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Something that I've been noticing about some of your more recent sigs as that the renders seem to look at bit funny at the finer points (namely the hair), but I think that's just the fact that they're such high res renders that by scaling them down that just happens naturally so pay no mind~ :V (And that didn't happen in the Roxas one, so yeah. :>)

The smudging in the background of the one that you made for Krysune is amazing, I'm loving it. :3

Also, thanks for putting up the tutorials. -^^-

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

ilu forever ♥ Looks very nice, and it shall go into my sig asap

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Aww, what a stunning portrait of Sem you used for the render. :'D

But seriously, I love the lighting on this sig so much. The upper left part where the light is shining down looks amazing (also the effect makes it look like sparkling confetti is falling :v). Not to mention that the background is beautiful and very mesmerizing. Also, the way that you incorporated the render into the sig and made it look like one solid piece is a testament to your sigging abilites. I can't wait to see what you come up with next, LoN-Sensei.

Thank you for commenting you two ♥

Sir Red said:
I can't wait to see what you come up with next, LoN-Sensei.

I have a sig for the Protoss and Terran in the works as well, to go with the Zerg one for Sem ^^

I'll post them here, but they're gonna be gifts for people in my clan who actually play those races in Starcraft :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

LOLz totally not biased for loving this. 8D

But I really like how you positioned the text on this most recent signature. Merges nicely with your chosen background. ^^

Thank you *very* much for the comment and critique, Katie ^^

I had inspiration for the text hit me in the face when I saw the stock image so I'm glad it worked well in your opinion :)

@ Everyone else - The gifts above were for people who were either really helpful to me, or gave me some much needed criticism and advice on my signatures at the time... What goes around just might come around, you know? ;)

LoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooN

Ilu.

I haven't seen you in forever and ever and ever, but that's probably my fault for being busy with work and other stupid things. Anyway, to business. *clanks drinks with another person* To business! (sorry, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy quote...)

I particularly love the gift sig you did of the Ghost from SC, because SC is awesome and so are the Ghosts XD I like that the background feels just right for the type of class that the Ghost is, and the fact that it looks sorta wispy like it's cloaked. Don't know if you were going for that or not, but I like it anyway :3

Thank you for the comments, Chad :) Much appreciated sir ♥ *clanks drinks back*

I also never knew you were into the SC scene, you've gone up in my books :>

So I recently acquired myself Photoshop CS5.1, and I'm on a giftart spreeeeeee

floooon_by_loncolossus-d3hpb50.png

http://loncolossus.deviantart.com/art/Floooon-211132836

That's my second ever work in Photoshop - it would have been the first, but it came out all eww and I had to kill it with fire and squirrels! :'(

Geez LoN, that's awesome :D I really like the...whatever it is underneath the 'floon, and you did an excellent job at lighting on this. The clouds in the background go so wonderfully with it.

The sig above it feels like something out of a movie, almost, and the giant thing looks like a tripod from War of the Worlds :) Everything really flows in it, and that's always nice~

Your StarCraft sigs(I'm guessing what I just commented on is one, too) are just effing epic and feel right, y'know? My favorite is the one for Sem, because I'm totally biased towards that shade of purple :x Aaaand it's creepy and cool at the same time, major plus.

I'm always a fan of your work and you know that, so let me bore you to death with "KEEP IT UP PL0X!!!1!1!!!11"

Hsgjbdsgghhkxsehsowa o:

Adamadamadam I love iiiiit :'D It's so ... Floon-y. And purple and floaty and pretty and neeeeeeeen <333 Even as a second attempt it's so pretty and cool and just ... Awesome o:

Also all your past sigs are just hnnngghhpretty ♥ Especially the extended thermal lance. So amazingly pretty and well done • 3 •

Wraaannghhh just thank you agaiiinnnnn ilu and you're wonderlovely and nyaaaaaan <3333
as soon as I have worn out my current sig I will be putting this to good uuuuuse ♥

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

[me=Sir Red]explodes over how amazing LoN's sigs are[/me]

Goodness LoN-sensei, I love that sig you made for Tun. The stock is a terrific choice and the background and lighting and text and colors and just everything on the right side of the sig works so well together. My only problem is the left side. :x The C4D seems to clash with the render and the background there as it just looks too hard and computer-generated-ish. :x The parts of the C4D on the right have a much softer tone (as they appear to either be smudged or have a filter over them) and really work well with everything else.

But yes, I love it dearly (anything with a Drifloon is win anyways |D).

Sir Red said:
My only problem is the left side. :x The C4D seems to clash with the render and the background there as it just looks too hard and computer-generated-ish. :x The parts of the C4D on the right have a much softer tone (as they appear to either be smudged or have a filter over them) and really work well with everything else.
Yepyep.

Totally agree - this is my second thing with PS, I actually have no idea where anything is at the moment or what works ^^ These latest pieces (what, more gifts? :o), asides me being just nice ♥, are a learning experience for me :)

Oh wow, openflower's is really nice. I love Tifa lots too. The colors are really nice in that one. And the CD4's/other effects work well with it.

Can I be mean on the Floony one? Unsharp Mask (or whatever filter) makes cartoon/2d images have weird lines on them that don't really look attractive. The CD4 could also be blurred/smudged more, because I like the part that is blurred and the sharp part looks strange.
Just my two bits on that...

Your stuff is still awesome though ♥!

Rayn_Shyu said:
Can I be mean on the Floony one? Unsharp Mask (or whatever filter) makes cartoon/2d images have weird lines on them that don't really look attractive. The CD4 could also be blurred/smudged more, because I like the part that is blurred and the sharp part looks strange.
Just my two bits on that...
Thank you for being honest, Rayn - I'd much rather people were ^^ I do agree, yeah - I don't have any excuses asides its my first one with CS5, really :<

Glad you like the Tifa one :)

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

[me=Sir Red]spazs about in thread :v[/me]

Holy crap that is awesome, LoN-sensei. :'D The effects are awesome on it and the background flows so nicely and goodness are you great at lighting in sigs. :o Now to slap it into my signature. :>

Holy McBatman... Batman.

This one is really, really nice. It does have a nice flow like Red said. I really like the lighting on this one. And the text. The only thing I don't like is Batman's face, but it actually works for the tone of this sig. Nice one :>

Oh wow. This piece is just amazing. It has an astounding sharpness to it, and along with the minimalist use of fancy brushes, it came out as a masterpiece. This definitely makes me want to stalk this thread more often now :)

Thank you very much! ^^

Although I honestly have no idea who you are with that name xD But thank you for the positive-stalkery nonetheless! :D

I saw this on dA, and I was all "damn, LoN. That's downright awesome ♥" XD

I quite like the effect you have going on at the bottom; it makes it feel(to me, at least) as if she's fading away, while her face says "It's gonna be okay *insert thumbs-up here*". I like the way you did the text, too: it doesn't stand out too much but it's also not hiding somewhere. I swear you're amazing at text.

And I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm certainly a BlackCat fan now ;P

So glad to hear it was a success! This was my first so I kinda threw myself in the deep end ^^;

Shocari said:
And I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm certainly a BlackCat fan now ;P
Much prefer her and Spidey, over MJ and Spidey xD

Bumpadie bump~

I've decided to post a couple of wallpapers I made a few years back, you guys can help yourself to them if you want :)

They're both Kingdom Hearts wallpapers. Find the full-view button on deviantART for 1920x1080 versions :)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

jneowfvijwfiojwvo

Okay, so I'm not Ethan, and I'm not supposed to be commenting on art.
But this is liek
AMAZINGLY AWESOME

fffff I really like the effects and the color and everythingggg and I wish it was mine now D:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

That's so pretty :3:

Love your choice of background, it really fits in and the colour-scheme is lovely. I love the subtle blending of the colour in places too, and how it looks like Fennekin is wearing a flower. Bootiful~ :D

Glad you like it! :) I think I might do the other two starters as well!

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

*convulses* I nearly forgot how good you were at making sigs, LoN.

I love the ascent of the orchid-esque background and Fennekin's ear tufts. The flow of the sig is very nice too, following the body lines of the render and accenting it. I also like the use of negative dark space around the edges to add depth to the work.

Thank you for the constructive criticism, sir! Anything you don't like?

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

LoN said:
Thank you for the constructive criticism, sir! Anything you don't like?
Hmm, I suppose I am not that big of a fan of the overlap of the render with the text. Though that is more of a personal preference than anything really wrong. Actually, I think my problem might be because you blurred the border of the tail right there and really only there. It draws my eye and I believe that is what bothers me about it.

Obviously it is a minute detail, but just wanted to point it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.