• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Sun/Moon Starters, Region, Boxarts and Release Date confirmed

35f76d2788142df63cdc33a8f2dbbcd28594b0ea_hq.jpg

Hey guys this would be cool for the Center
Thats cute!

I've been looking over it, and I might actually go with Rowlet now. I mean, I freaking love owls, Grass is my second favourite type (with Normal in first) and I like the nose much more. The one problem I have with Popplio is the nose, I just don't like it. So I'll probably get Rowlet instead, with Pokemon Moon as my game. (Also, can people stop with the annoying "I'm going with Litten because it's LIT" ? It's really annoying).
upload_2016-5-11_18-43-31.png

I would just like to point this out to everyone. In the Japanese trailer, we see after the boy as bought Sun or Moon (probably Moon, since of how much cooler the legendary is >:D), we see him in the car, and just before he flies out to join the other kids, we see on his screen that he is talking to Kukui, and there is ONE thing I think everyone missed, even GameXplain (Jeez, I feel strange that I spotted something GameXplain didn't). On the screen where the kid is talking to Kukui, on top of the open tab is a tab options menu (like the one in your top right hand corner, though if you're using a computer of course though), and we see these tab options AGAIN when the kid is choosing how his player looks. Look for yourself.
upload_2016-5-12_6-51-29.png
upload_2016-5-12_6-54-18.png

What's more is that these screens are relatively close to eachother. So this may play out like ORAS, where you are introduced to Pokemon and choose your Gender/Appearance, so you talk to Kukui, you learn about Pokemon, and then he says you need to choose your avatar for your communication system thingy. So we may know what happens when you start up the game. Maybe it starts with a First Person look around on the plane you're on, and then you talk to Kukui and you choose your look and the plane lands then. I think this works perfectly. I thought this was just a nice little detail that I'm pretty sure everyone missed :'D .

I really wasn't excited at first, but this is giving me quite the hype. Also I'm lovin' these starters.
The box legendaries look kinda silly tho...

Okay, now I have a serious problem. I honestly do not know which starter to pick... I like all of them, but I can see a defect in which I end up not liking them. I like Rowlet, I really like Grass Types, I like Owls but I don't like the body shape and beak. Litten, its cute and fluffy, I like cats but I don't like Fires Types much (only a select few). I like Poppilo because I like Water Types and I like the colour blue, but I hate that nose. I honestly don't know who to go for... I really need to see those Middle Stage Evolutions.

Okay, I'd just like to bring this to everyone's attention. Its this strange symbol on the Sun Legendary.

What could this be? Well, if you ask me, this could be the symbol for "Pokemon Eclipse". I think it's strange as the pokemon appears to be starting up his signature move, and what's more is that when we see Moon's move, a portion is cut out. Could the moon legendary do something similar? Very Interesting.

Attachments

• Sun Legendary 2.png
    Sun Legendary 2.png
    580 KB · Views: 51
Last edited by a moderator:
O-oh my god.... The starters are so amazing! That owl is adorable and I've been waiting for another seal Pokemon! The cats a little weird looking to me in my opinion. I prefer Moon to Sun Version, because that bat legendary looks so cool! Full 3D open world? AWESOME!! Based off of Hawaii? DOUBLE AWESOME! Customization, cute dude, other amazing things PLUS a really early release date? (to me, November is only six months away and I suppose that would count as early :) ) I can't wait for this game!

Now one thing I want to get out of my system is names, where the heck did they get popplio from? Swampert fit it's typing of Ground/Water And Sceptile fit its looks and typing. But Popplio really? And Rowlet sounds better on a rock and flying or a Ground/Flying not Grass/Flying... And Litten... I have no idea how it fits besides that its a cat... Blaziken fit its typing as well as looks but these only fit looks, well all but popplio anyways. If you notice pokemon's names usually fit looks and typing not just looks, for example Articuno pigeons coo and Artic fits its typing, so when you hear Articuno it instantly sounds like and ice bird due to what we are used to hearing. But these new names confuse me, they don't fit there typing at all, Seel and Dewgong fit because Seals are water creatures and we know that Dew is water, so we know that they are water types and know what they look like. But these new names don't really fit...

Oh I also just found this ---> http://gamerant.com/pokemon-sun-moon-legendary-124/ (Pokemon Sun & Moon: New Legendary Pokemon Revealed?) Nintendo, you pretty much just called them Sun & Moon... How creative...

Dugong is a type of marine mammal related to the manatee, so I suppose it would fit for Dewgong looking seal-ish manatee-ish like.

SOUND THE ALARMS! SOUND THE ALRAMS! There's a new Sun and Moon Trailer for CoroCoro and we got new stuff!

Okay, now you may say "There's not much here" but guess what? IS THAT A NEW POKEMON I SPY?
(If you can't see it, look to the very left)
Now, we can't say for sure what this is, but to me it looks like one of 3 things. Either its a dog like creature because of the tail, a horse like one because of the feet (they look like hooves) or a lynx because of the ears. Never the less, this pokemon looks like a normal type to me.

Attachments

• New pokemon.png
    New pokemon.png
    614 KB · Views: 38
Honestly for the fire type they could have gone with something other than a cat, there are WAY too many cat pokemon: purrloin, liepard, meowth, persian, mew (Yes mew is based on a cat), the eeveelutions (Arguable that they are dogs though), glameow, purugly, skitty, delcatty, the beast trio, absol, shinx, luxio, luxray, and now litten and solgaleo (That's what the sun legendary is called btw). Why so many cats? (honestly I probably missed couple since that's all I can remember)

Honestly for the fire type they could have gone with something other than a cat, there are WAY too many cat pokemon: purrloin, liepard, meowth, persian, mew (Yes mew is based on a cat), the eeveelutions (Arguable that they are dogs though), glameow, purugly, skitty, delcatty, the beast trio, absol, shinx, luxio, luxray, and now litten and solgaleo (That's what the sun legendary is called btw). Why so many cats? (honestly I probably missed couple since that's all I can remember)
There's a good chance that Litten becomes more like a tiger later on, if that helps at all. Of course the first evolution form should be something cute and simple, like a cat for example. They seem to be following this, so to me a cat-like starter would only make sense. (so long as it becomes the tiger later on! :p)
flaming_zodiac_by_toonime-d2z57mw.jpg

There's a good chance that Litten becomes more like a tiger later on, if that helps at all. Of course the first evolution form should be something cute and simple, like a cat for example. They seem to be following this, so to me a cat-like starter would only make sense. (so long as it becomes the tiger later on! :p)
flaming_zodiac_by_toonime-d2z57mw.jpg
That is a good point but it still makes me question, why a fire cat?

Well unless new types are going to be added, the new legendaries are most likely going to be fire and dark due to their looks, which would make 2 fire cats at one time...
But the other one so happens to be legendary. It's not like there's a maximum amount anyway. So long as they both look good, I'm happy. :) Also, you can always choose Pokémon Moon Version for 'a non-cat-like legendary'. :D

Since I'm getting both games, I'll probably get Rowlet in the other one because they did a really good job of making him special-- he's a dual-type and has a new move I've never even heard of... is it bad that I'm already DYING of hype?
I think we all are. :D Screw summer, I just want it to be november already! :)

Cute, round owl. Tsundere looking cat. Hilarious circus seal. Hmmm.....

PRAISE THE ANIME TROPES. and the sun
"Tsundere looking cat" This made my day. :D

I think I'll get Moon because I like the blue box art and the legendary and the starter I am getting is rowlet because I love bird pokemon. My favorite is Pidgeot.

I think the Moon Legendary will either be Fairy/Flying or Dark/Flying and the Sun Legendary will be Fire/Ground. Just a thought.

As much as I can see where you're coming from with the Dark/Flying thing, this Pokemon is based around the Moon, which is a source of light. I'd honestly find it really strange if it was a dark type. Similar thing with the Sun Pokemon being a ground type. The sun is a giant ball of mostly hydrogen, there's really nothing about it at all that is 'groundy' (that's a word right?). But I dunno, we'll find out eventually.

As much as I can see where you're coming from with the Dark/Flying thing, this Pokemon is based around the Moon, which is a source of light. I'd honestly find it really strange if it was a dark type. Similar thing with the Sun Pokemon being a ground type. The sun is a giant ball of mostly hydrogen, there's really nothing about it at all that is 'groundy' (that's a word right?). But I dunno, we'll find out eventually.
More evidence to support your point is that in Japan "Dark" is actually referred as "Evil" , and that Bat thing doesn't look all that evil to me.

Well i will chose popplio wait a minite if the mascot in sun is mega pyrour but whose the mascot in moon anywase so the costomising of the charchter is back

for the record i think the mascot in sun is now legendary it lukes like mega pyrour

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Well i will chose popplio wait a minite if the mascot in sun is mega pyrour but whose the mascot in moon anywase so the costomising of the charchter is back

for the record i think the mascot in sun is now legendary it lukes like mega pyrour
As much as it looks like Mega Pyroar, I can assure you it isn't. It'll be its own species of Pokémon :)