• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Super Smash Bros: Dire Hours(discussion)

What smash game had the best sound track?

• Melee

• Brawl

• 3DS

• WiiU

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well, for people with more than one participant (Such as myself) we should arrange it so what we can keep at least one representative from each of us in the tournament for as long as possible. Meaning multi-character RPers should bite the bullet sometimes.

Or, just randomize it XD

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Hm, I’d say that during each fight, we see which one is better against that specific person ability wise and such, like make a checklist to see which one would come out on top. For an example, Pheonix Wright isn’t going to be much of a match for Sans in multiple areas of speed, attack, and many more. Kind of like a judging system

I just want to do whatever makes people happy.

Really, my OC villain has an equalizer gimmick with the smash stages to prevent one sided fights (So guys like Phoenix have a fighting chance). Whether logistical analysis or character RPer tracking will still be used to determine a winner is up to you guys.

Do it Clash of Code style, I'm cool with that!
I want Phoenix to win at least one match, though, just to show he can actually do something. Also, I was thinking that it's after his win that he goes missing, and due to Phoenix being out of the game the loser in the match gets to come back.

I suppose we’ll see what happens, because it kinda has to be a realistic win you know? He cant just be for example, somersaulting over all of Bowser’s fireballs and beat him to death with his briefcase lol...can he?

Well he can dodge the fireballs and shout at Bowser. Have you seen how deadly his finger-jabs and Objections are in UMvC3?
Also he can do what he does in the anime and just cause a hurricane through pointing his finger

jade421

Previously Sarah316
And of course Shantae is up against Sonic first. Someone who might solo this tournament if we include his comic feats in "logistical" battles.

Better odds in her match than Bowser, who got paired up with Mario of all people and is likely the only Smash Villain who is gonna lose in the first round given the matchups XD

Though Shen is correct.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
I think there should be a balance between who would logically win and also a "anyone can win" idea. Cause if we go full logic, characters with longer histories and multiple mediums (Ex. Sonic) will have an undeniable favoritism and edge over everyone else.

...then by that logic, is our whole thing about logistical and reasonable battles thrown out the window?

That’s as far as power and movesets. Tactics, Strengths, and weaknesses are the key to winning I believe. For example sonic would be bad at long range combat, so someone like Samus or Gunvolt would do a lot more to him than most.

Gosh dang it. I really wanted Takumi to be my main character in the tournament, but Phoenix Wright is to win a single Match, it have to be against Takumi T-T

I feel that may also be the case with Shantae and Sarah, if given who has the most dialogue among her characters is any indication. But she's up against Sonic.

I guess that is true, and the tournament is gonna get cut off anyway before a winner is decided.

Though I do find it sad Bowser is gonna be the only one of the big three villains to likely lose his first round match. Makes him come off as inferior.

I know, Bowser got a really unlucky matchup against the one constant thorn in his side.

Just sucks that compared to Ganon or Eggman he'll lose (Though I think Pikachu will make Eggman work for it, little guy packs a punch XD)

TBH Ganon and big daddy is almost an even match, from what I’ve seen of big daddy. Keep in mind it’s hyrule warriors Ganon, not twilight princess Ganon.

Also black knight totally does need to meet the villains.

Two large dues just trading blows with each other. The sister could be the difference maker here if that is how Big Daddy works.

Though now later in the series we need Bowser and Big Daddy interaction XD

Also I really want to post to get the tournament going but I've got one more class. And I need to get my laptop fixed cause I am stuck on mobile. Should be handled by the afternoon. Though maybe I'll just make a partial post to hand out numbered cards for bracket order or something XD