• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Tales of Ender Eye (Fairy Tail RP)

Master Ed was watching the pair in the arena and noticed the new Vulcan that was now standing in front of Cyrus and Jeanne. "That's strange, I don't believe we put that Vulcan into the arena. This seems fishy." He thought to himself. "Well, let's see how Cyrus and Jeanne deal with this new enemy." He added.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Angela stood beside all the other S-Class members, waiting for their cue to ‘assist’ the trial. Angela asked out of nowhere towards the remaining S-Class Magi. “So, who do you guys think is going to make it this year,” The brunette asked casually. She watched each team go through the first obstacle and sees every team had a possibility of winning the whole thing. Secretly, she was rooting for Brendan, her closest friend within the trial. But as fellow Ender Eye Mage, she had to stay unbiased for the other competitors.

Eliza, with her arms folded as she waited for the same cue overheard Angela's question and had thought it over.

"Well, Viper seems to have a good head on his shoulders, even with certain tendencies. Not to mention I can speak from personal experience he has the strength needed to endure these trials. And Elaine, even if she can be lazy at times, makes a good partner. That would be my best guess." Eliza said as she had made her pick even if it might have been seen as the obvious choice for her.

Brendan sat on the ground, recovering from the first portion of the trial, waiting for everyone to complete Pandemonium. It seemed Cyrus and Jeanne were up and were currently fighting some sort of creature. "Nice job in there Marc, if we can keep going on like that we can win this." Brendan said, breaking the silence while they waited.

The blue-haired mage then looked down at his wrist and fiddled with the bracelet he had picked up alongside Angela, the bead that matched one of her beads slightly glinted in the faint light making him begin to think about her, I wonder why Angela came along. As far as I know only S-Class and competitors are allowed down here, but she normally assists Master. Brendan thought. Though he didn't want to admit it, he was glad the female plant-mage was spectating.

Cyrus grunted as he was sent flying by a powerful punch, crashing through a stalagmite before sliding across the floor on his feet as the unique Vulcan bounded from one piece of falling rubble to the next, roaring the whole time. As soon as it landed, the enhancer rushed forward to meet it halfway through it's charge with a low kick that made it stumble before kicking it in the jaw. The creature's head snapped back, but it only seemed more ticked off than injured. Grabbing Cyrus's leg, he slammed the red-haired mage into the ground repeatedly until a javelin of light hit it in the back of the head, shattering on impact and stinging the monster.

N-no effect...of course it didn't work. Jeanne sighed, looking a bit unnerved as she formed more light make javelins, hovering above. As the mutated creature bellowed furiously at her, Cyrus took the opportunity.

Astral Engine: Strength! He commanded, the red aura bursting to life all around him as he rushed forward and delivered a full-power kick to the creature's neck and sending it tumbling across the floor into a stone wall, kicking up a cloud of dust on impact. "This thing's no joke..." Cyrus muttered as the red aura was quickly replaced with the yellow aura of Astral Engine: Mitosis to fix what damage was done to his body. Just a few moments later, a large boulder flew at him, and Jeanne dipped down, creating a Light make barrier to protect them. "Thanks."

"Don't mention it." Jeanne replied without taking her eyes off their opponent. It's not even trying to take anyone or anything over. It's just using raw strength to try and flatten us! What's causing this strange behavior...?! Suddenly, a massive fist shattered the barrier and struck Jeanne on the chest, denting her armor. The light-make mage's eyes widened as she felt her lungs empty of all air as she flew through the air like a cannonball before hitting the ground.

"Jeanne!" Cyrus called, trying to rush over to her aid. But as the raging Vulcan followed, Cyrus turned around and crossed his arms. He grit his teeth as pain shot through his arms, which turned purple from elbow to wrist. Throwing another kick at the Vulcan, he used the momentum of this one to springboard to his fallen ally while sending the monkey back a few dozen feet. "Hey, you alright?!" he asked, pulling off the damaged chestplate so it didn't inhibit her breathing. She coughed up a small smudge of blood before nodding a little.

"Just a couple broken ribs... man that thing can hit hard..." she groaned, getting to her feet.

"Yeah...I know. And if it beats us, it's gonna go around attacking the other members. This one's our opponent. Best we don't let this mess hinder the others." Cyrus said. "Astral Engine: Mitosis. Astral Engine: Magic Amplifier." A yellow and purple aura flared around Jeanne. "Hang back for a bit and rest up."

"Okay...but Cyrus...please don't get reckless." Jeanne said, looking to him a bit worriedly.

"No promises." Cyrus said with a chuckle, rushing forward to meet with the simian as it regained it's composure and roared savagely. "Alright, ape! I'm gonna show you what it means to shoot for the stars!" The simian simply roared in response as the two charged at each other.

Last edited:
Viper and Elaine merely looked on at the portal, as they waited for Cyrus and Jeanne to finish their run though the fact that they seemed to be taking a little longer had been a surprise to the pair.

Viper had known Cyrus to be rather strong, based on their time training together in each other's bodies, and Elaine knew both Cyrus and Jeanne were powerful mages and probably the best pair as far as teamwork went here given their natural chemistry and history with each other. So for them to take the longest so far had been a mild surprise, by both had just presumed that their room had something that just worked unfavorably with their skill sets. Both having been unaware of what was going on in there.

Small droplets of blood dripped from Cyrus's head and arms as he fought to stay conscious. The unique vulcan before him rushed forward with another roar, sending him flying across the room with a titanic punch. Crashing through several stone obstacles, he smashed into the portal's edge, crying out as his back made a small snapping sound.

"CYRUS!" Jeanne called out, though she maintained her focus. She wanted to help him, but at the same time, she knew she had to focus on the finishing blow. Just a little more now...please, don't die on me, Cyrus! Jeanne prayed.

The vulcan caught up with the red-haired mage just as he was finding his feet, then sniffed the air. "So..." it growled in a deep voice. "That's where your friends are hiding."

"Y-you can talk...?" Cyrus groaned.

"Surprised, human? Yes, I can. You should've caught on by now that I am no ordinary vulcan." The simian said, "And while I admit you are powerful, You still aren't enough for me to test the fullest limits of my strength. Perhaps one of your friends-"

"Not happening...!" Cyrus growled, wobbling a bit on his broken leg. "You're not coming any closer."

"There isn't anything you can do to stop me, human. You can hardly move. Stand down, and retain what life you have le-" The vulcan stated before noticing a flickering aura around him.

"Strength...Speed...Endurance...Mitosis...Senses...Magic Output..." Cyrus muttered, looking up at the ape with his good eye. "Astral Engine...Nova." An enormous flare of aura surrounded him, shining in six different colors. The mage grit his teeth from the resulting strain, his veins visible all over his body, as he continued to focus. Now...for another boost for good measure!! With a shout, the aura around him exploded in size. After taking a deep, but shaky breath, he crouched into his stance. "Ready or not, here I come!!" he said, vanishing as the path between him and the vulcan was torn asunder, and his foot collided heavily with the vulcan's chest, making the beast gasp and sputter as it was sent flying. Landing on it's feet and sliding back, the enraged Vulcan roared as the black smog coming from it's mouth seeped from it's entire body now.

It was a massive brawl that spanned across the entire chamber, shockwaves erupting from the collisions of the foes. From the other side of the portal, it sounded like the deep rumbling of thunder. For Cyrus and his opponent, it was difficult to distinguish where the floor was, or the walls, or the ceiling for that matter. Everything around them was little more than a blur. "Any mage knows that they should be able to overcome any obstacle as part of their requirements!" Cyrus roared as he broke out of a hold and kicked the ape into the nearest surface, running along after him as he slid across it. "However, any mage should also strive to push himself or herself past their limits! And that's why... I'll end this fight with this vow!!" Rushing in, the two entered a deadlock of fast, furious punches, the force of the blows slowly opening a massive crater beneath them. "I will soar higher than the clouds, surpass the stars, and even shoot above the heavens themselves!!"

"Impressive vow, human! LET'S SEE IF YOU CAN HOLD UP TO IT!!" THe vulcan roared, moving in for one final all-out attack just as Cyrus did. The impact caused rubble to rain down all around them as they landed on the ground and squared off once again, Cyrus wincing as his skin was beginning to sear off.

“It’s time…to end this…” The Vulcan wheezed, exhausted and bruised heavily. “But before I do…what is…your name…?”

“Cyrus. Cyrus Azroth…” Cyrus gasped, “And you’re right, about it being time to finish this… but I won’t be the one to do it.” Adding that last part with a smirk, he bounded up as a torrent of light pounded the surprised primate. As Jeanne slumped over, having almost completely exhausted her magic supply with that one blast from her light-make cannon, Cyrus grabbed her and with one final push off the ground, shot through the portal and crashed into the opposite wall.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Savannah glanced over as she saw both Cyrus and Jeanne just shot through the portal and crashed through to the opposite wall. Savannah had gone over to check if Cyrus and Jeanne were okay, and both looked worse for ware which had been disconcerning to the Sand-Make mage to have said the least.

Okay...Cyrus and Jeanne seemed to have been put through the ringer. N-no big deal, me and Bolt can still do this. Oh man this is not gonna be pleasant...

However, Savannah knew she had something to prove her, and as such swallowed her nerves as she walked over to Bolt and tried to muster up some confidence.

"R-ready when you are partner." Savannah said to Bolt as she faced the portal, but waited for Bolt to answer before she proceeded any further.

Jeanne's limbs were covered in bruises, and she still had those two broken ribs, one of which had slightly scraped against her lung, but she was at least stable. Cyrus, however, was running a high fever, steam coming from his body instead of sweat, and he had patches of his skin either charred black or gone altogether. Every once in a while, he clenched his teeth in pain mid-breath and shuddered.

They're still alive...I can smell them... the Vulcan back in the arena thought as he growled.

Patience, my friend. You'll have another chance to fight them soon enough. Another voice said in his mind, making him look back. Standing there on the clifftop was the masked man from Galuna Island, adjusting his top hat as he tapped his cane on the ground. For now, we best return home. You need some rest, it seems. And I need to see where this new virus needs improvement. As he said this, the two began to sink into the ground beneath them, and disappeared.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Bolt turned to Savannah, and as a response he would fly over and latch himself on Savannah's back; all the while he gave the Sand-Make mage a cheeky grin.

"You bet, let's show them what we're made of." Bolt said, as his confidence rubbed off on Savannah if only a little as she took a deep breath and would walk through the portal as she felt ready to face whatever awaited them on the other side.

What Savannah & Bolt found was a, seemingly, vast yet empty room that stretched many stories high and even longer in length. The two had also taken note of theses seemingly engraved squares & rectangles of varies sizes all along the walls around them, but they also had found that there seemed to be no monsters all around them. Which was a bit odd, Savannah had to admit.

"Um...anyone here?" Savannah asked out loud, and as if in response to it some of the engraved ares on the walls began to slide open as various creatures of E-A class began to poor out into the room. Much to Savannah & Bolt's alarm.

"Just had to say that, didn't you?" Bolt had said with some deadpan as he already began to lift Savannah in the air while Savannah had quickly formed a sand bow & some arrows as the monsters charged.

"We don't need your sass right now!" Savannah replied before she began to fire the arrows at the beasts, striking most of them down thought the higher level ones had proved to be more of trouble for the pair. Thankfully, Bolt proved to be quite maneuverable even as he carried Savannah as they flew high in the air, with monsters that had been capable of flight in pursuit along with the others crawling along the walls as Savannah did her best to shoot them down.

Though how to deal with the higher ranked monsters, who had shrugged off her sand arrows, proved puzzling for Savannah till she had remembered what Bolt showed her earlier as she turned to the exceed.

"Say, you think you can use your sparks to give my arrows a boost?" Savannah asked, and Bolt had refrained from making a comment on his ability being referred to as "sparks" as he channeled his magic along Savannah's body along her arrows as soon enough they had become coated in electricity. Savannah loaded up these bows and fired at the beast, and even the higher level ones felt the impact from the added strength and piercing power the electricity gave her hardened sand arrows as Savannah began to pick off the beasts one by one, and she had to admit that with Bolt proving the boost to her attacks and greater maneuverability she felt she had been making progress as the monsters fell one or two at a time. Even in spite of the occasional though not infrequent counter attacks; such as a quills shot as her thigh from a porcupine-like beast or a grazing shot from the curled up sphere of what appeared to be an armadillo-like beast which had bruised her ribs. Either way, Savannah always had been able to meet with an answer and both she and Bolt remained focused and determined as they cut down the enemy monsters.

Alright, we're doing this! We're really doing this, just keep knocking them down and we'll be home free. I think we can do this. Yes, we can do...

Savannah's words had been cut off with a yelp, as she felt one of the A-Class monsters, an octopus-like creature, wrap one of its elongated tentacles around her ankle and pulled her to the wall, slamming her back against it which naturally had meant that poor Bolt has been squished between the wall and Savannah's back though both had felt the pain.

Knowing she had to act quickly, Savannah generated a sand-ax and used it to slice the tentacle ti free her leg as Bolt amazingly still had the strength to shake out the cobwebs and fly Savannah away, though given the momentary pain he only had been able to hover Savannah up a little over the ground. The octopus, having been the last of the beasts at least for the moment, tried to spray Savannah & Bolt with some ink which the two dodged by drifting to the side, which in turn had left a large trail of slippery oil along the ground. Savannah unloaded three electric charged sand arrows right between the eyes or, where she had assumed the eyes were, which soon enough managed to bring down the beast. Bolt had dropped Savannah further down the room, away from the oil or the bodies of the fallen monsters, and had taken a moment to try and recover. Much as Savannah did before she had turned to Bolt.

"I...I think we're home free." Savannah said with a small smile, before the sounds of another area in the room began to shift, as a rather large engraved space on the far end of the wall of the room slid open and soon enough the true final beast had appeared before them. The ground having cracked beneath its feet which displayed its massive weight that was the result of its muscular frame. Said beast was large, gorilla like beast with a pair of horns on his head. Because just being a large muscular beast-ape with sharp teeth had not been alarming enough, Savannah figured, before Bolt latched onto her back once more.

"Savannah, you're a good friend but you really need to know when to shut up." Bolt said as Savannah scowled, though her focus on what to do with the giant monster before them outweighed her desire for a retort.

Sand Titan would be really, really useful right not. Curse my wimpy magic limit, there has to be a way to deal with this thing. Come on Savannah, think...think...

And as Savannah glanced at the cracked ground beneath the beast, and having been reminded of the rumble upon its arrival along with a glance back at the oil the octopus had left, an idea had formed.

"Okay, I have an idea Bolt. But I kinda need you to distract the big monster there while I set it up." Savannah said which caused Bolt's eyes to widen, but given he had no better ideas decided to trust his partner as he removed himself from her back and began to fly around the beast's head, which had distracted it as it tried an failed to swipe Bolt away. With the beast's focus elsewhere, Savannah dashed back over to the trail of oil and put her plan into action.

Said plan seemed to involve creating a large sand rope behind the oil, that she connected one end of rope to one wall and the other end to the other; pinning both ends using sand swords that stabbed through the ends of the rope through the wall of the room which would hold them secure. Savannah seemed assured of this as she jumped over the rope and moved around the oil as she made her way over to Bolt who had thankfully been able to evade each of the beast's strikes, but she knew he would be unable to do this forever.

Alright, this has got to work...

"Bolt pick me up!" Savannah called out, as Bolt did it without a question as he flided down to Savannah and picked her up to lift her in the air, just avoiding a stomp from the gorilla-beast which had again cracked the ground of where Savannah had previously stood. Savannah instructed Bolt to get at eye level of the beast, where phase one of her master plan went into action.

"Hey ugly! Anyone ever tell you that your breath would make a corpse vomit. There's a thing called a bath, you ought to try it out!" Savannah said, as her elementary school level insults had angered the beast, who yelled and pounded its chest as a warning which caused Bolt to gulp.

"M-maybe making it mad wasn't a smart idea." Bolt said as the beast began to advance.

"I know what I'm doing, just fly back." Savannah instructed as Bolt complied and began to fly Savannah in the opposite direction of the beast while the beast gave chase; the ground cracked with each step taken as Savannah inched closer and closer to her desired location.

That's it big guy, keep your eyes focused on me...

And indeed the beast had, as its primal rage had been directed as the airborne Savannah it had neglected to consider the ground, and sure enough its big foot landed on the oil left by the octopus which had caused the monster to lose balance as it slid forward, as it came into contact with Savannah's rope which had caused the beast to trip forward as it violently crashed along the ground; the sudden impact of the fall having shattered the floor of the room which caused the beast to fall down what appeared to be a bottomless pit.

With a sigh of relief, Savannah and Bolt flew to the exit and soon enough appeared through the portal as the tumbled along the ground; both panted heavily as they were both drained, but both having had pleased if not tired grins on their faces as they had succeeded. Which was all that mattered.

Last edited:
(Before I make this next post, I have permission to RP as Barry and Sabrina from Rohan and Crims0n)

Barry looked behind him as several monsters followed him toward the portal. Everything was going according to plan. As he landed in front of the portal, his shadow expanded into a massive tsunami of black liquid as Fredrick emerged from it, trapping the beasts and leaving an opening for him to blast them with a darkness dragon roar. What monsters survived the first blow were subdued and beaten down by the tendrils of liquid darkness protuding from Fredrick's body. "I gotta say, we make a pretty solid pair, Seraph." Barry laughed, looking pleased with the results.

"I guess so." Fredrick chuckled. "I think we have a passable score now. Let's move on." And with that, the two entered the portal.

Fabian watched them enter as he dropped the unconscious Djinn he had been ambushed by. Smiling, he began making his way toward the portal as well, Sabrina silently following him and mentally cursing at her lack of success so far.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Savannah, having been tired from her run, decided to walk over to the others as she hoped that somebody among them had some water or something on hand. Savannah had been thankful her run was over, she just hoped that the rest of the participant pairs would take their sweet time so she would be fully rested and ready to go for the next phase should she have made the cut.

Well, if nothing else I think Bolt and I can make an effective team when we put our minds to it. That's got to be a positive sign going forward.

Viper had glanced over and saw that Savannah had made their way over to them, though in truth he had been more focused on what the next trial would bring though whether he had made the cut for this one had been undecided. Though he felt he and Elaine performed well enough to advance. Though Viper may have had bias there...

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Savannah eventually found a water bottle and took a moment to take a sip, before she then offered it to Bolt with a small smile.

"Here, you deserve a drink just as much as I do." Savannah offered, as Bolt smiled and accepted the bottle.

"Thanks Savannah, that is rather sweet." Bolt replied with a smile as he took a sip, though in the back of his mind he like Savannah had wondered how the next pair was doing inside the portal. Bolt in particular had been curious about Barry's run.

I think he can do it, he has the talent. Just gotta have that competitive and less laid back mindset for this. I'm sure he can do that...

Ara and Cat seemed to be the last ones to enter the portal, and they were shot in a strange room. The room clearly wasn't just a "room", however, it looked more like a void, endless and dispairing.

Cat didn't seem to be fond of it whatsoever, and she looked really nervous. Ara on the other hand looked in front of her, and noticed the monsters that preoccupied the room. Most of them seemed to be weak, but their numbers surely maee up for their lack of strength.

Ara didn't care what class these monsters were, she would beat them and show everyone her strength. She then grabbed Cat's wrists, and said, "Are you ready? Let's go just like how we planned."

Cat blushed a bit when Ara grabbed her, but she was able to recollect herself, and said, "Of course." Cat seemed to be a bit more determined.

Cat and Ara then moved their hands toward each others until they both held each others hands. Ara and Cat then started glowing, Ara having a light blue aura surrounding her while Cat had a deep purple aura. The monsters in the room saw this as an opening, and rushed towards the two mages, but before they were able to land a blow the whole room started filling up in a mist.

But this wasn't just any mist, no, the whole room was covered in steam. The monsters weren't able to see either Cat or Ara, but that wasn't all, the temperature around the whole room was crazy. One side was extremely hot and the other side being extremely cold. The monsters stood stiff as they couldn't handle the temperatures.

Magic Fusion Technique: Mist of Madness

Ara and Cat would then surprisingly attack all the other low class monsters in the confusion admist all of the mist. In due time, they were able to take down half of the monsters with ease. With the low threats gone, Ara and Cat then decided to fight different monsters on their own. Cat took on B-Class monsters, while Ara took on A-Class monsters.

They were finally able to take all the monsters down. Except for one.

"The S-Class beast," Ara muttered, "It's the last one left." Cat nodded, and looked around the room.

While looking around, Cat spotted something moving. It seemed to be a cute, small creature. "Awww," Cat said, "What a cute, little guy." Cat went to go and pet it, but then the creature immediately went in to bite her. She was able to dodge it, but then the creature started growing in size.

"THE S-CLASS BEAST!" Ara exclaimed as she charged the beast with a gigantic blade of ice. The monster and Ara then engaged in melee, but Ara looked down at Cat as if nodding for some kind of plan. Cat nodded, as if she knew what Ara wanted, amd got into position.

"Emperor's Inferno!" Cat exclaimed as she shot a vortex of flames towards the direction of the S-Class beast. The monster got distracted by the flames, and tried it's best to blow them out. Ara, meanwhile, got behind the monster and, with great speed, charged tthe beast and stabbed the monster through it's chest. Ara then moved upwards and sliced the monster in half, and blood spewed everywhere, even getting on Cat and Ara.

Another portal opened, and exited the Pandemonium. The two mages, now completely covered in blood stains, were able to successfully make it through the first trial.

Last edited:

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Savannah turned to see Ara and Cat as they emerged from the Pandemonium...covered in blood stains. Naturally, Savannah had dropped all else as she dashed over to the pair.

"Are you two okay!?" Savannah asked, as the Sand-Make Mage had clear concern as it had been obvious the two had been put through quite the ringer.

Man, what did they encounter in there. Must have been a hell of a fight...

Marc noticed the two mages come out of the Pandemonium, and immediately got shocked to see her sister covered in blood.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU TWO DO IN THERE!" Marc exclaimed in complete and utter panic.

Ara chuckled a bit, and responded, "It's okay you two, we're fine! I guess you could say we went a bit overboard with the S-Class monster!"

Cat couldn't help but smile as she noticed Ara smile as well, and said, "Yeah, it really was an intense battle."

Marc sighed, but then said, "Don't you dare scare me like that again, Cat!"

Cat chuckled, and retorted, "Can't make any promises, especially if I have to fight you in the finally!"

Ara then went up to Savannah, and said, "So, I heard Cyrus and Jeanne got eliminated. What do you think got into them?"

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Savannah was relieved to see that Ara and Cat, in spite of their injuries, seemed okay. Even then she formed a pair of sand-beds to offer to the pair to rest on before she had heard of Ara's question which surprised her.

C-cyrus and Jeanne failed!? I didn't even know we got results, what if Bolt & I failed? Did I miss something? I'll just roll with it...

"I don't know. It was a struggle for myself and Bolt, and I'd figure it would be easier for the rest of you. Maybe the S-Class monster happened to be a bad match up for them?" Savannah suggested, though she had not seemed so confident with that answer. But really what other cause could their have been?

Ara and Cat both laid down on their beds that Savannah made for them.

Ara then looked at Savannah, and responded, "Maybe, so. The S-Class monster definitely wasn't an easy task to defeat, but I had no idea it could be powerful enough to take down Cyrus and Jeanne."

After a few moments of relaxing and healing, Ara got up from her bed and looked at Cat and Savannah. "Thanks for the beds, Savannah, but how about we relax in a hot spring while we're waiting for the next two guys to finish up their trial?"

Cat smirked, knowing exactly what Ara was going for and said, "I'm in."

Ara and Cat then started heading off into the cavern they were in, until they found an empty pit. The two mages looked at each other, and their magical aura flared up.

"Thermapeuticia!" Ara exclaimed as she shot a whole wave of water into the pit. "Inferno's Point!" Cat exclaimed as she began to touch the water, increasing it's temperatures in no time. Cat and Ara then began to strip, and then they entered their magically made hot spring.

Hopefully Savannah had followed them.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Savannah saw the hop spring that Ara and Cat had generated, amazed at the unique combination they had been able to make, before she smiled and walked over to join them. Savannah removed her outer clothing, and took a moment to gaze at Ara and Cat. Taking a note of how cute and, well, developed they were as she glanced down at her own chest as she let out a sigh.

You are still growing. Remember that, you are still growing. I hope...

Regardless of her...physical insecurities, Savannah had been more than eager to join in as she would enter the hot spring and let out a sigh of pure enjoyment as the warm water had felt so, so good.
-------------------
Perona glanced over to the cavern in the distance where she had seen Ara, Cat and Savannah go towards which was a curious development she figured. Perona walked over before she got a better look of what they were doing inside and had to admit she was surprised.

Well, that's a....creative use of magic.
-------------------
Bolt had flown over to Barry, the exceed had a grin on his face as his partner eyed him curiously.

"Good luck Barry, I know you'll do great." Bolt said as encouragement as Barry gave a nod.

"Yeah, gotta admit I am pretty excited to see what's on the other side." Barry replied before he walked over to Fredrick who had kept to himself for the most part.

"Yo. You ready to go?" Barry asked as Fredrick turned to him, and had a small smile on his face as he moved up from his crouched position and gave a nod.

"Yeah, let's do this." Fredrick said before he and Barry walked through the portal; both felt they were prepared for anything even as they entered the unknown.

Barry and Fredrick entered and found their room had been rather unusual to have said the very least. What they found was they had stood at the top of a large, spiral stairway, that seemed to loop down and around this large pillar that stood at the heart of it all. Before the pair had much time to process this however...

"Ah! Get off me!"

A small, monkey-like E-Class monster had jumped on Barry's head though the Dragon Slayer had managed to grab it and smashed it against a wall. Fredrick found this amusing before both he and Barry noticed more monsters of E-A Class that began to crawl out from the pillar at the center as Barry coated his right hand in darkness to form a Dark Dragon Claw while Fredrick developed a few Liquid-Shadow Tendrils as they eyed their opponents.

"Alright, let's do this." Barry said, as he struck a dynamic pose which caused Fredrick to raise an eyebrow before the two dashed forward and began battle. For the most part, the two had been able to get the best of the A-E Class monsters with little issue. There were moments of scare, such as one frog-like beast with a spiked tongue that managed to slice a little of the side of Barry's stomach. And a vulture-like beast that had pecked and drilled its beak into the back of Fredrick's shoulder. But through it all, the two had managed to work well enough to defeat the numerous hoard.

Fredrick elongated his hand to allow Barry to surf on it before he delivered a knee strike using a "Darkness Dragon Shin" that sent a skunk-like creature crashing up against the ceiling. Barry jumped off as it appeared they seemed to have cleared the room.

"Did we do it?" Fredrick asked, as he had not been as experienced with the way of a mage's trial as Barry kept a relaxed, but focused expression.

"Nah, still waiting on the big guy. No way Master doesn't add another hurdle to this." Barry replied and soon enough he was proven to be correct as at the top of a pillar a thunderous roar had been head before soon enough a giant beast crashed at the ground.

The beast in question had been a large, armadillo-like beast. With blood red eyes, sharp claws and sharp teeth as if the sheer size of it had been been threatening enough. The beast quickly recoiled into a hardened, armored ball and began to roll in place as it picked up speed before it dashed forward with the clear intent to bulldoze the mage and liquid-shadow entity.

"Darkness Dragon Roar!" Barry called out as he took a deep breath and fired a powerful blast of dark magic from his mouth right at the beast. However, the armored shell of the armadillo-beast simply brushed off the attack which forced Barry and Fredrick to leap aside as they just managed to avoid the rolling sphere of suffering which crashed into the wall. The armadillo-beast had to unfold its limps and readjust its position before it faced the pair again.

Having rolled up once more, it charged at the pair again. Barry & Fredrick had been prepared to dodge but found themselves nailed by the armored sphere as the beast seemed even faster on this run which damaged the pair and knocked them towards opposite sides. Blood dripped from Barry's lips as he quickly wiped it away before Fredrick made it back over to him.

"Don't suppose you have a plan." Barry asked Fredrick, as the armadillo-beast had crashed into another wall after it had previously plowed through Barry & Fredrick as he again revealed its head and limbs to readjust itself. Fredrick seemed inspired as he whispered into Barry's ear and Barry soon nodded as he seemed to like whatever idea Fredrick had in mind.

Fredrick flew up in the air using a pair of Liquid-Shadow wings as Barry coated both arms with darkness magic and held his ground, as the armadillo-beast seemed to accept the challenge as it roared and then curled into a ball once more as it charged forward with the intent to pulverize Barry. Barry dug deep as he extended his clawed hands and pressed against the armadillo-beast; gritting his teeth as he coated his feet with dark claws as he tried to dig his position in even as the armadillo-beast pushed him back little by little. It had been a struggle, but eventually the armadillo-beast's rolling began to slow as it lacked forward momentum to keep it up. And soon enough, it came to a dead stop as Barry kept his clawed hands pressed against its armored body; the visible strain and a visible vain all too evident of his struggle.

The armadillo-beast released its retracted limbs & head with the intent to shake Barry off and get footing, but that's just what Fredrick wanted as soon enough several tendrils stabbed through the exposed feet as the beast screamed in pain and struggled to curl back up, but Fredrick had stabbed through the flesh and the floor and pinned them which meant the armadillo-beast had no means of retreating to the security of its armored shell.

"NOW BARRY!" Fredrick called out as Barry took a step back and gathered as much energy as he could and channeled it into his hands.

"TWIN DARK DRAGON CLAW!"

Barry delivered a pair of slashes across the vulnerable head of the armadillo-beast which cried in agony before it fell limp. Barry and Fredrick checked to make sure it would not get back up before the two headed for the exit.

Barry and Fredrick emerged through the portal, as both collapsed almost immediately which caused Bolt to dash over to them.

"H-hey, are you guys okay?" Bolt asked with concern as Barry glanced up with a tired smirk.

"Y-yeah, piece of cake..." Barry said, before he proceeded to puke his guts out on the spot. Seemed the collision and struggle with the armadillo-beast had its effect as Bolt sighed before he went to get a bucket.

"Nosferatu: Crimson Cutter!" Fabian commanded, lashing out at the last line of monsters between him, Sabrina, and the goal.

"Doll-Play! Stone Doll!" Sabrina shouted, creating a doll from the rubble around them. As she commanded the golem, she continued to look around, trying to find some way to slow the old vampire down. Spotting a stone overhang just above the gate, she decided to make her interference look like an accident. Secretly casting a second doll play spell to create a second golem, she maneuvered it to the top of the rubble above the portal and used it as a turret. One monster noticed it and attacked, causing the golem to fall, and the stone beneath it to break off. With a terrible crash, the gate was soon covered by a massive boulder, with seemingly no way to get through. This'll slow him down! Sabrina thought proudly. And as Fabian grit his teeth when he noticed the commotion, she smiled discreetly.

"Nosferatu Secret Art: Eclipse Command Seal!" Fabian roared, his stone coffin emerging from the ground behind him as he looked at the monsters now swarming around him. "Time to cut this fight short. Release Command Restriction Seal: Level 2." A mass of black aura burst from the partially opened coffin with a distorted scream and surrounded the vampire. As Fabian raised his arms, chains of red magic energy formed from them. "Nosferatu: Bloody Chains!" At those words the chains lashed out, seemingly on their own accord, striking the monsters and draining their magic energy (assuming any do). As the ones remaining conscious fled, Fabian looked back toward the gate, striding toward it. "Sabrina..." he said without looking her way, making her flinch. "Are you sure there's nothing you want to tell me? Nothing at all?"
he asked, glancing back with a glowing red eye.

"N-no, why?" She asked, feeling her nerves tingling. Fabian was silent, then simply fired a winged bombardment at the stone, shattering it.

"Very well. We should move on, then. Don't want to keep the others waiting." he sighed. And with that, with Sabrina begrudgingly following him in, Fabian strode through the portal.

As soon as everyone finished their trial, Master Ed appeared out in front of everyone in a type of hologram.

"Congratulations to everyone who has made it through the first trial!" Master Ed exclaimed, "Cyrus and Jeanne will not make it to the next round as they have failed the first trial. The rest of you will proceed. You have all shown great strength as a mage, and how capable you all are to use teamwork against a monster attack. Now, may the rest of you enter this portal."

Another portal appeared, this one being noticably different from the previous one, as it was extremely huge. The size easily towering the size of that of all the mages stacked together.

"Once entered, I will tell you all what your next trial is," Master Ed added.

Ara and Cat were able to hear everything in the hot springs, and got up for action. The portal could easily be seen from where they were from. They both changed back into their clothes, nodded at each other, and entered the portal.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Savannah had also heard Master Ed's words as she was disappointed that the literal "spring break" had come to an end, but it had been time to move forward with he exam as she got out and dried herself off before she put her clothes back on and followed Ara and Cat through the portal.

Alright, so far so good. Though I sense this is only gonna get harder...

Brendan picked his head up and listened carefully to what Master Ed had said, no vital information except having to enter through the portal.

The blue-haired mags stopped fiddling with his bracelet and stood up before stretching a bit, “Alright, Marc. Let’s get this going again.” Brendan said to the male Drake Tein, “The break was defiantly enough for me!” Brendan said before approaching the portal and walking through to the other side, not knowing what to even expect to see.

Viper and Elaine overheard the Guild Master's instructions, having used the time to regain their strength before they nodded at each other and would follow the other pairs through the portal for whatever awaited them in the next trial.

Eliza would follow the other S-Class Mages through the portal as well, as she had been forming mental pictures of various runs given the status of the mages when they returned. Though Cyrus & Jeanne's run had been the most puzzling.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
After hearing Master ed's directions for the next part of the trial, a ginormous portal appeared before all the contestants of the S-Class trials. "That's out cue," Orion said to Fallon, standing up from his sitting position. "Ready?"

Fallon was visibly laying down, seemingly trying to take a quick nap in amidst of the competition ensuing. It was a m=few moments before Fallon sat up with a grunt," Yeah."

Both the Guardian ad Celestial Mage walked through the portal ahead, awaiting what their next trial could be.

Barry stood around and stretched a bit before turning to look at Frederick. "Well we managed to get past the first trial without too much trouble, let's keep going partner." He said before tuning again to face the portal and started to walk towards it like master Ed instructed.

Once everybody entered through the portal, Master Ed commenced his next trial. Once everybody entered, each competitor had a piece of fire locked unto their hands. The fire didn't burn, however.

"The Giant's Maze! This trial is even more difficult than the one prior, and will especially need you to work with your partner. You will all need to enter this maze and return the flame back to where it belongs, a pedestal similar to the shrine of the eternal flames. The maze is filled with booby traps, such as fire pits, poisonous darts, falling platforms, wrecking chain-balls, and much more. All of these traps were designed to stop the brute strength of giants themselves, so you better be careful. You will all have a specified amount of time. Unlike the previous trial, however, you will not automatically lose. If you aren't able to turn in the flame to the pedestal in the specified amount of time, a pack of Giant Wolfs will chase after you. These wolfs are also enhanced by elemental magic, so it's not going to be so easy to stop them. May you all have good luck in the trial to come."

Master Ed finished explaining the trial, and a portal opened up for all the mages to enter.

Viper and Elaine glanced at the portal before them, giving a nod to each other once they were ready before they walked forward to enter it.

Soon enough, both Viper and Elaine were transported at the entrance of the maze, Elaine seemed eager to proceed forward before Viper held Elaine back.

"We should prep how we go through this." Viper explained.

"Fine, but time is of the essence." Elaine reminded the Dragon Slayer as Viper gave a nod before he began to whisper how they'd use their magic to attempt to go through the maze as quickly and efficiently as possible. Running in blind could lead to them getting stuck, and that would waste valuable time.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
“Bring the flame to the pedestal,” Orion mouthed, repeating the objective of the second trial. Hearing the troubles and the obstacles of the maze made Orion a bit wary, but it shouldn’t be too hard he presumed. “You heard that Fallon,” Orion turned to look at his partner seemingly dozing off.

“Yeah,” Fallon monotonously said, shooting the Celestial Spirit Mage a ‘thumbs up.’ Fallon stood back up on his feet and stood beside Orion. “Let’s go.” The summoning duo stepped into the portal, after Viper and Elaine.

On the other side of the portal, Orion and Fallon appeared at another entrance of the maze. Not the same entrance of Viper and Elaine’s.

“I’m assuming that the pedestal, to where to deliver the flame, would be in the center of the maze,” Orion claimed. Fallon made his way towards Orion and picked up the flame, transferring the flame over to himself. The flame stood afloat in Fallon’s left palm, wavering.

“Alright let’s go,” Fallon said impatiently, wanting the maze to be over with. The stepped into the maze and began walking.

“Wait,” Orion called out to the Guardian Summoner. “Did you not hear the obstacles that could be here,” Orion asked, a bit annoyed at his partner’s antics. “We can’t just walk in, not knowing the dangers.”

Fallon kept on walking. “Well what’s your plan then,” Fallon asked visibly rolling his eyes, stretching out the word ‘plan,’ adding sarcasm with his tone.

“Here’s what I’m thinking.”

Last edited:

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Savannah and Bolt glanced at each other after they heard the Master's instructions for the second trial. While Savannah had been solved a few mazes, usually they had been part of the Gourmet Kingdom's kid menus rather than have physically been in a maze herself. Still, Savannah had been determined to pass this and given Bolt's flight capability she figured this maze would not have been so bad as she and Bolt made their way through the portal.

Upon arrival towards the maze, Savannah's hope for an "easy" run had been dashed with the solid roof made of hardened stone that hung above their heads. Savannah sighed, as Bolt saw the disappointment before he decided to speak up.

"I mean, you can't really have expected master to make it that easy did you?" Bolt asked as Savannah had to concede that the Exceed had a point there. Savannah glanced over and saw the flame they needed to transport as she grabbed it and held it in her palm before she invited Bolt over with a finger to discuss how they'd do their run before they jumped into it.

"Alright, let's get this show on the road." Brendan said, not looking forward to the trial ahead, the whole idea of mazes just didn't sit well with Brendan. Though, the mage was confident he and his partner would be able to make it through the maze.

"Right!" Marc exclaimed, raising his fist into the air before the two mages entered the maze through the portal.

Like everyone else before them, the two were transported to a different part of the maze, with the same goal of making it to the center to find the flame and bring it back. Brendan looked around in awe at his surroundings, everything was huge! "No wonder why they call this The Giant's Maze." Brendan said.

"No kidding." Marc mumbled before setting his mind to the task ahead, "Alright, let's get going and try and find the center." Marc said as he began walking ahead the single linear path in front of them that would soon come to a 'T'

"Right, just watch out, there may be tra--"

Shink!

Last edited:

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Savannah and Bolt had began to put their plan into action. First, Bolt grabbed Savannah and levitated her over the floor of the maze which should counter any floor traps the sand-mage anticipated. Next, Savannah generated a small sand-bird which was set to fly around ahead of them before it would then fly back to them and lead them down the next immediate path. A method Savannah figured could counter the possibility of running into a dead end.

And this worked....at first, as they moved along the beginning of the maze and actually made some progress or what Savannah had presumed was progress until the small-bird failed to return as quickly as it had before. No big deal, Savannah figured, it just had taken longer for it to come back to them. No rush yet.

But then that minute shifted to another...and another...and another. And Savannah, along with Bolt, sensed something wrong with this as they scanned the corner that the bird flew around but failed to return from as both decided to take a deep breath as Bolt flew them around the corner to see what awaited them.

Elaine, who had tip toed across the floor as Viper followed her, allowed Viper to point her in the right direction as he tried to use his heightened senses to pick up any clues of possible traps or obstacles along the paths of the maze they were on. Elaine in turn dashed into each section they arrived in using her Speed Magic and dash back towards Viper as a means of triggering certain traps with an immediate retreat to safety.

All went well enough until Elaine returned to Viper as she appeared to trigger a spiked floor trap only for her to step on one section of the floor.

Sink.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Once Savannah and Bolt had turned the corner, both had gazed into a path that had these marked on the floor with what appeared to be dozens of crimson red circles with what appeared to be the Ender Eye symbol at the center of each one. Next to one of them was a pile of sand which Savannah presumed had once been her bird-toy construct. Savannah frowned at she thought it over.

Weird, that should have flown over those symbols if they are triggered by touch. So what happened?

Savannah decided to test this as she made a second bird-toy construct out of sand as she sent it forward, and as it glided over one of the markings on the floor it quickly shined as if it sensed the presence of the object as it passed over it and...

Skew!

A large spike came from the Ender Eye symbol and stabbed through the bird-toy Savannah made which destroyed it on contact. Both Savannah and Bolt's eyes widened at this.

Seriously Master!?

Barry looked at everyone else entering the maze. "Well we better get going too." Barry said towards Frederick as he walked through the portal. On the other side, Barry found a flame. "This must the flame we must bring to that pedestal Seraph." He said, grabbing the flame. When Barry grabbed the flame, he heard something get released and saw a giant log swinging towards them from the side. "Is that a log? Watch out Seraph!" He shouted before dashing back and pushing himself against a wall to avoid the log.

"Uh a little help here?" Marc asked frantically as he stood completely still in his odd position, avoiding the spikes that had just shot out of the wall.

Brendan walked over to the spikes and examined them, "These appear to be some sort of spell and probably wouldn't kill you.. Probably." Brendan said as he walked over to the wall the spikes had appeared from, "So, if I do this." Brendan said, charging a spell in his right hand, "And hit that part," Brendan continued as he shot the golden beam, hitting the source of the spikes, "they should retract." Brendan finished as the spikes retracted back in the wall and Marc was freed.

Marc gave a hefty sigh, "Oh god man, that was terrifying. Thanks." Marc said, standing up and scanning the rest of the hallway carefully for anymore traps as they ventured ahead until they came to a fork in the path.
"Now what, how do we know which way to go?" Marc asked peering down both paths.

"Hmm, well the right path appears to have a trap a few paces after you enter, if you can see the pressure plate. While the left path has appears to have nothing." Brendan muttered before pausing for a moment, "The correct path would have such on obvious trap so let's go with that one."

"Alright man, your logic is a little confusing but it's your call." Marc said as he and Brendan turned left and carefully began walking down the hallway before they passed a subtle but noticeable indentation in the wall and with another about 300 meters ahead. Both mages looked at each other then nodded and continued to walk ahead.

They weren't even halfway through the space between the indents when both mages heard a slight click and the walls began to close in and gates slowly began to close off the exit behind and infront.

"Run! If we can get under the gate before it closes we can escape!" Brendan yelled as the two began sprinting for the closing gate ahead.

Viper and Elaine rolled end over end as they had been sent tumbling from their section of the maze to another though thankfully they had eventually come to a stop.

A stop that resulted from crashing into a wall, but a stop none the less. The pair quickly shook the cobwebs out as they stood back up as Viper had a mild look of annoyance on his face as Elaine gave a sheepish grin.

"Woops. Sorry about that." Elaine said as Viper let out a sigh as he dusted the dirt of the maze floor off his clothing.

"Just keep an eye on where you're walking. Never know what might come next." Viper said, before he felt a space beneath his own foot lower as Viper apparently had been struck with a cruel stroke of irony as he triggered this room's trap which consisted of a large boulder that appeared before them and had began to roll forward. Viper groaned as he gathered up his magic much as Elaine had done the same, who seemed to have a sly smirk on her face Viper knew would not go away any time soon.

"Save your comments till after we avoid being crushed."

Fredrick glanced behind him as the giant log swung toward him, then melted into the shadows of the walls, the log passing over him. As he reformed, he observed the terrain ahead of him and Barry. "Careful." he said, pushing down on a spot on the ground that was darker than the rest using a liquid tendril. As he pushed on it, nozzles on either side of the pass blasted powerful flames. "One wrong step and we'll both be scorched to the bone."

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Okay, so if we even hover over those symbols spikes come up to stab us. Means flying isn't the answer." Bolt said, which mirrored what Savannah thought to herself as well as she tried to figure out what to do before she noted something.

The spikes seemed to retract after they are initially sprung, so that meant there should have been a time where they needed to reset before they could be sprung again. So in theory if they could set one spike in front of them off, and go over it after it was sprung while it was resetting they should be able to clear this. Savannah decided to experiment with this as she formed to sand balls, she tossed one which predictably triggered the spike trap that sliced clean through it and as it began to sink down Savannah quickly tossed the second which made it over that spike though had triggered the one behind it due to the distance thrown.

Okay, time to go to work.

"Okay Bolt, do you think you can use your sparky spark stuff to set off these traps? If we go right after they are set, we should be good." Savannah said as Bolt thought the situation over, having observed Savannah's experiment before he latched on Savannah's back and had a grin on his face.

"Alright, I think I have a way to speed through this." Bolt said which caused Savannah to raise an eyebrow as Bolt began to lift her while he generated an electric spark.

"Uh, Bolt, what are you do..."

Savannah was cut off when Bolt fired an electric stream that formed a line ahead of them, which given Bolt held Savannah while he did this, and triggered a row of spikes one after the other. As they one by one began to go back under to reset Bolt dashed through them and soon enough he and Savannah made it to the other side. Bolt dropped Savannah as he had a big smile...only to be greeted by a glare from Savannah as her hair had become frizzled so much it actually made Bolt cover his mouth as he held his laughter inside. Savannah let out a sigh in response.

A little warning would have been appreciated...