• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Adventure Begins!

Professor Smith appeared very pleased with Brecker for having accepted his gift. "Splendid! I'm sure you're already aware of how it works, yes?" He stood from his seat. "Marvelous! There is a built in speaking application encoded within that Pokédex; my number should already have been registered. If you need me, please, feel free to contact me at any instance. As for now, I must get going, I've a meeting to tend to."

He made off in a hurry, leaving Melissa and Brecker as the only two on the table. Melissa brushed strands of her hair behind one ear. "You'll have to forgive him. For all the time he's spent in the laboratory working on his inventions, he's never learnt how to properly lead an ordinary social life."

She took notice of his food. "Oh, please! Don't let me hold you back from eating! I imagine you must be starving," she giggled softly. Melissa sat back in her seat, staring up at the ceiling. "I still remember the day I became a trainer. It's a day I'll forever cherish and never forget."

Her eyes suddenly widened and in a state of joy she almost leaped from her seat, provoking a slight jiggle about her chest. "Say, have you had your first Pokémon battle yet?"

"It's okay," Brecker responded. "I'm sure he's very busy with research and all…"

Brecker dipped a piece of toast in his soup and was about to start eating when Melissa suddenly sprung to life shaking the table and causing his soup to spill a little.

"Pokemon battle? Ummm… No I've never had one before…" Honedge appeared very excited by the idea.

In her excitement, her fault in spilling some of the soup went unnoticed to Melissa. She smiled warmly yet again, as if seeing Honedge excited had brought comfort to herself; her blue eyes and soft lips glistened under the light, and red blushes appeared on either sides of her face. "Is that right? Well, Honedge seems to have gotten quite jittery at the very thought of it. Tell you what: once you finish up here, why not face me as your very first opponent?"

Melissa reached down beneath the table, unstrapping a red and white ball from her belt. As she fixed her fingers around it, the ball inflated, and she slowly brought it to her mouth before giving it a gentle kiss. "This is a Pokémon I caught only recently. It was meant to be used against my son for training purposes; he actually just got his very first Pokémon today as well, which is why I'm even here waiting for him in the first place. But since he has yet to arrive, and seeing as though both your Pokémon and I are eager to battle, why not have ourselves some fun, right?"

She gazed into his eyes with her own. "Besides, it's as they say: when the eyes of two trainer's meet, battle becomes inevitable!"

Brecker was startled by the woman's enthusiasm. "R-right… They do say that, don't they?" Looking slightly flustered he quietly turned to finish his meal. A Pokemon battle… For fun? He though to himself sipping his soup contemplatively.
Of course, he knew that this was a common thing… But to think he'd ever partake in it… He glanced at Honedge: he'd never used such a weak pokemon before… He knew there were no stakes involved, but he couldn't help to feel a little nervous. Am I going to be able to do this? Breaker tried his best to stifle any signs of concern on his face and finished his meal.

"Alright… Lead the way," he stated and rose from his seat.

Melissa nodded, before standing up to her feet. As she walked off, her entire figure came into view, now that her lower half wasn't hidden by the table. While claiming to have given birth, her body did not look at all tarnished in any way; rather the opposite, she had the physique of a model, complete with a curvaceous build and ample hips.

She strutted forward, leading Brecker out the door of the cafe lounge, where an empty battlefield awaited them. Worthy of note was the way she walked; sporting heels, there was great force applied to every one of her steps, bringing a familiar jiggle to her frame. Melissa walked to the other end of the field, waiting for Brecker and Honedge to take their own positions on their end.

"Alright, are you ready? Like I said, this is a Pokémon that I recently captured. It should have the same level of fighting experience as your Honedge. Now, without further ado..." She kissed the brim of the ball, before hurling it forth. In a blinding flash, a Pokémon was revealed.

"Litwick, standby for battle!"

Brecker reluctantly took his position at the end of the field and took a deep breath. It's just for fun… For fun… he tried convincing himself.

"Litwick, standby for battle!" he heard from the other side of the field.

Suddenly, his heart started pumping. Stay calm… Stay calm… His fists clenched. Honedge looked concerned. Such a weak pokemon… Will this really be alright? Brecker couldn't suppress it any longer: his eyes snapped open and he began analyzing the circumstances.

Litwick. Fire/Ghost type. Tackle is a normal type move, so it won't have any effect. Fury cutter being a bug type move is resisted 4x. Furthermore both fire and ghost are super-effective on Honedge. Brecker stood motionless for a moment as he calculated the best course of action.

Speaking sternly with far more assertion than Melissa thought capable of the seemingly timid boy, he raised his arm: "Honedge, unleash a rapid succession on fury cutters on me. NOW!"

"Honedge?" The pokemon turned around looking confused. Brecker had an uncanny look on his face. He appeared to be in a completely different state of mind…

"NOW! DO AS I SAY!" The pokemon, looking hurt, floated over to the trainer and obeyed the command.

Brecker winced as the pokemon attacked him repeatedly. This is the only way victory can be ensured. Fury cutter's power rises with each successive hit. Soon it's power will reach the appropriate level in order to overcome the type disadvantage. When the stakes of a battle are severe, sometimes things like this must be done.

But there were no stakes… But Brecker's instincts had completely taken over at this point.

"NOW, HONEDGE: USE FURY CUTTER ON THE OPPOSING POKEMON"

The pokemon flew over to the other side of the field, its blade aglow with a fury cutter amplified many times...

Last edited:
Melissa was downright horrified by the event of Brecker being slashed by his own Pokémon. Her jaw dropped wide, and her hand fell over her mouth as a shield. Still, while surprised, to the say the least, there was some part of her that found this to be a most admirable maneuver: even in such a casual match, Brecker was willing to sacrifice himself in order to win.

"Litwick, don't let Honedge get close to you so easily: use Ember attack to create some separation!"

"Lit!" the Pokémon cried, before the flame on its head intensified. In a matter of seconds, Litwick unleashed a barrage of small specks of fire at the incoming Honedge, mindful of any alterations it may take along its path.

"The benefit of a long range attack is that it may be accomplished from a distance," Melissa explained, "unlike your Honedge, Litwick won't have to get close in order to deal damage."

Melissa blushed. Seeing Brecker be so confident in battle surprised her. She hadn't anticipated him to be like this; he wasn't the shy kid she had met just moments ago.

Brecker, still in a trance-like state, had forgotten about the inexperience of the pokemon he was using. He stood arrogantly with his arms crossed and scoffed at the incoming flames. What a weak attack. A final desperate attempt to--

But as the flames collided with Honedge one by one, the pokemon began to lose speed. Honedge eventually stopped a few meters away from Litwick, exhausted, and on the verge of fainting.

"Hmmm?" Breaker, who unbelievably had his back turned to the battle, glanced over his shoulder disinterestedly to see what the all noise had been.

"WHAT?" The sight of honedge in such a weakened state brought him back to reality. That's right. This was supposed to be a fun battle. But… what even is that anyways?

"Uhhh… S-sorry Honedge… Really, I didn't mean for…" Why was he so upset? What is this feeling of "failing" one's pokemon? He had to make it up to Honedge in anyway he could…

Although he was no longer in a frenzy, Brecker was still naive to the customs of a "fun battle," and would do anything it would take to win. He ran on to the battlefield and jumped in front of Honedge, eyes squeezed shut expecting an incoming attack. "Quick, I'll buy you some time, use swords dance as many times as you can, and when I go down, use fury cutter!"

Donna lifted a hand to brush the beading sweat from her head. She felt she was late to choose her first pokemon as she entered the building. Her heart pounded as she saw there were already people here. Donna stammered slightly,"I-I'm sorry that I am late. Can I still choose a pokemon?" She started to play with her fingers. She did this when she was nervous

Roy enters the building shortly after. He becomes very excited as the possibility of him obtaining his first Pokemon was very real. "Yo, Professor! I'm here to receive my first Pokemon!" Roy exclaims. "I wonder what kind of Pokemon are available for me to choose from...?" Roy says as he enters.

Lila/Lyla sat in the waiting room, SO exited to get her first Pokemon. It would be a life-changing experience. Eventually it was her turn.
What did she choose?
She saw a Pokeball at the back desk, and said "What about this one?" The professor nodded and she got a EEVEE. She went out and saw a few trainers walking away. She decided to follow one of them.

Noah stood there in awe staring at the Lumiose Tower. With all the craziness going on around him, whether it be the big city, the people speaking French, or the fact that his parents took him on a vacation in the middle of his journey in Sinnoh.
"Okay," he thought "deep breath. This will give you a chance to explore. Maybe you'll meet a girl in here like how dad found mom in Unova."
Noah closed his eyes and took one step forward. Little did he know that someone was right in his way.