• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Battle Frontier Challenge

Dexter had woken up to a knocking at his door. He got up, groggy, and answered. There stood a man with a blue shirt with flowers, and sunglasses. " If you are some fancy telemarketer, go away. I need my rest. ", Dexter said to the man. He apologized, and introduced himself as Scott. He went on, and said that he knew that Dexter was great at battling. He handed him a letter, and told him about the Battle Frontier Challenge. He told the order of it all, and how much fun it'd be. All the while, Dexter listened intently. " Ok, where and when do I start?! ", said Dexter, excitedly. " Well, there will be an opening ceremony in Sunnyshore City of Sinnoh, and then you will be led to the Battle Factory of Sinnoh. ", explained Scott. After bidding Dexter farewell, he hoped into his car and drove off. " Ok. Well, Sunnyshore City, here I come! ", Dexter yelled excitedly, as he released Tropius and took to the skies.

MarcelGalliard790

Previously SlicertheGallade890
Edward walked out of the airport and he had his letter in tow. “So. This is Sinnoh eh? Heh. Let me look at it again.” Edward spoke under his breath as he looked at his letter. It mentioned that there would be a opening ceremony in a city called Sunnyshore. Edward knew that was the first place to go. Not being a person who knew which way to go he walked outside to find a spot of clear land.

Edward looked on his phone to see which direction to take. “I see. So eastward from here.” Edward spoke as he put his phone away. “Come on out Rathelian!” Edward called out as he opened a pokeball and a Salamence appeared. He hopped on his Salamence’s back. “Alright Rathelian. We have to go eastward from here.” Edward told his Pokémon as it nodded. It began to fly not that fast upward into the sky. Edward held on tight to make sure he wouldn’t fall.

Ridley stepped out of the Jubilife Pokémon Center, where he had spent the night. As he did, he was approached by a man who told him of the Battle Frontier Challenge. He also gave him a letter, and then sent him on his way. He examined the letter the man gave him.
"Battle Frontier…that doesn't sound like a bad idea." He smiled at his Pokémon, who were following him. "Let's take a visit, shall we?"
With that, he confined the Pokémon to their balls and sped off on his bike toward Sunnyshore.

"Aaand... action!"

The room was dark, dimly lit by the glow of computer screens. At one end of the room, a man sat hunched over a computer. He was well built, with long red hair that spilled over his shoulders. The man wore a red and gray jacket, with the letters UDF emblazoned on the right shoulder and a Pokeball on the desk next to him. This man was none other than the actor Shiori Fujimoto, but now that name couldn't be further from his mind. Now, he was not Shiori Fujimoto, but instead the infamous Hacker Quatro of the Invaders series. Quatro bit his thumbnail nervously as numbers scrolled across the screen. Next to him, a strange robotic cry could be heard. The camera panned over to reveal a Porygon2 watching the man with concern, wires connecting the artificial Pokemon to the computer Quatro was working on.

Quatro glanced over to the Pokemon before petting the ducklike normal-type on its head.
"Just work as hard as you can, okay JayPEG? The UDF member is going to make it here any moment." Quatro said. The door behind the duo opened, spilling light into the room and the pair reacted with surprise.
"... That may be true..." A figure spoke, walking through the door. They were tall, with a black mask over their eyes tied around their heads. He was a man with short blue hair, and wore a black suit. More dangerously, a Bisharp stood beside him. This man was easily recognizable as the Iccirus City Gym, Brycen. But in this scene, he was someone else. "But I'm afraid we will be long gone by the time they get here."

"... It's you. The Man in Black." Quatro growled. The man in the suit smiled, approaching Quatro and his Porygon2.
"Yes, its me." The Man in Black said. He held out his hand expectantly. "Disk. Now."
The Bisharp stepped forward, growling and brandishing its armblades threateningly. Quatro glanced down at the dark type Pokemon, then back to the Man in Black.
"... Alright. You win." Quatro said. The hacker reached back onto the computer desk, giving a subtle nod to the Porygon2... before quickly yanking the wires from the artificial Pokemon!
"Porygon2, go!" Quatro commanded. With a mechanical screech, the Porygon2 lunged forward and fired a Tri-Beam attack at the Man in Black and his Bisharp.

"You fool!" The Man in Black called out, diving to the side. The Bisharp took the attack, quickly shaking off the strange attack and charging towards the Porygon2. Quatro quickly snatched the disk off his desk and bolted for the door, only for the Man in Black to blindside him with a powerful tackle that knocked him over one of the desks in the computer room.
"You think you could get away from me with a simple trick like that?!" The Man in Black snarled, quickly pacing over to Quatro. The cameras quickly cut to the Porygon2 and Bisharp duking it out before back to the two men. The Man in Black pulled Quatro off the ground, only for Quatro to sudden strike the Man in Black across the face.

"The public needs to know! They can't be kept in the dark!" Quatro yelled back. Almost on que, one of the Porygon2's Tri-Beam attacks appeared to light one of the desks on fire. Shadows were cast around the room as the two parties exchanged blows, the battle between the Bisharp and Porygon2 almost mirroring the fight between Quatro and the Man in Black.
"That disk is mine and mine alone! I will not allow you to have it!" The Man in Black said, knocking Quatro down once again. He jumped onto the hacker, attempting to strangle him only for Quatro to grab a piece of computer hardware and slam it into the side of the Man in Black's head. Quatro squirmed out from under the Man in Black's grip, booking it for the door. But once again, the Man in Black was too fast. The camera once again cut back to the Pokemon fighting, and Shiori looked back to Brycen.
"Ready?" Shiori asked quietly. Brycen nodded, and the camera was back on them.

"RaaAAAUGH!" The Man in Black yelled, tackling Quatro. The two slammed into a wall that had been damaged from the Pokemon battling. The two men easily punched through it, falling onto the roof. The disk slipped out of Quatro's hand, and the two men watched in terror as it slid down the roof and off the building.
"No!" Quatro exclaimed. For a moment, there was silence. Even the sounds of the Pokemon battling faded away.

But then there was another sound. The flapping of wings. Quatro and the Man in Black watched as, flying on the back of an Unfezant, the UDF member rose up. And in his hand, the disk. The UDF member grinned.
"Careful, gentlemen. Extraneous activity like this might end up causing a slipped disk." The UDF member said.

"Aaaand CUT!"

With the sounds of bells ringing, the movie studio came alive. Shiori let out a breath, untangling himself from Brycen as they were quickly approached by assistants, costume workers, makeup artists, and producers.
"My apologies. I did not mean to hit you there." Brycen said, approaching Shiori.
"Oh, that hit after the Night Slash made us jump apart? It's good, I barely felt it." Shiori said with a smile.
"You're bleeding, Mr. Fujimoto." One of the artists said. Feeling his lip, Shiori was surprised to feel a small cut but quickly shook it off.
"How was the take?" Shiori asked the producer approached. The producer nodded excitedly.
"Very good, very good! I've got a good feeling about it." The producer said. The portly man looked around to the rest of the group before consulting his clipboard.

"Ahem! Excuse me!" The producer called out. "That's wrap everyone! Thank you for all showing up for the last day of filming!"

~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, the day was done. Shiori was exhausted. The entire day of nothing but filming and practice for Invaders 5 had been hard work, but now he was home free. He began the walk back to his apartment from the PokeStar Studio.
"Bonjour, Mon Ami!" Shiori felt someone suddenly lean on his shoulders, and grinned.
"Jean Pierre. How are you doing?" Shiori asked, looking over to his friend. The Kalosian man was wearing his normal white jacket, looking to Shiori through his pink sunglasses.
"I am doing incredible, my friend! Things are going along just swimmingly for me." Jean said. "But you, you look very tired my friend. Have you been getting enough sleep?"
"Of course. But I bet you know why I'm tired. Last days of filming can either be incredibly intense or very relaxed. And this one fell into the former." Shiori said.

"Ahhh, I see. And tell me, how has our little Mega-project been coming along?" Jean asked. Shiori sighed.
"I've been trying. But it feels like Tsunamu and I have hit a brick wall." Shiori said. Jean thought for a moment.
"Have you battled against other trainers with Tsunamu lately?" Jean asked. Shiori shook his head.
"No way. I don't want to chance it with just random people's Pokemon. Gym Leaders are too busy, and this seems a little below going to the Elite Four for assistance with." Shiori said. Jean nodded along, rubbing his chin.

"Ah, I see... Well then, my friend. Perhaps it's time you take a little vacation? Sinnoh is very nice this time of year." Jean said, handing Shiori a piece of paper. The actor glanced down at the paper, then back up to Jean.
"What's a Battle Frontier?"

/////////////////////

The bus came to a stop outside the Sunyshore Pokemon Center. The actor had spent the last few days traveling. A plane from Unova all the way to Sinnoh, then a bus from Veilstone City to Sunyshore. Well, as far as naming conventions went, this city was straight on. It was on the shore, and very sunny. Shiori stepped off the bus, his luggage in hand. His long hair was back to its natural color, kept in a rather poofy ponytail. He wore his normal clothes; sunglasses, jeans, a button-up t-shirt with Magikarp prints on it. It wasn't the best disguise, but it worked.
"Not a bad place, huh Raza? Maybe a little rocky." Shiori called back. Following Shiori, a woman stepped off the bus. She seemed to be in her late twenties or early thirties, with pale skin. She had long, black scruffy hair, and wore mostly black. Black boots, black jeans with a chain, a dark red vest with many pockets, and piercing on her ears. She looked rather punk. The punk woman said nothing simply crossing her arms and looking around.

Shiori looked down at his letter once again.
"Hmmm... It said the opening ceremony should be around here somewhere..." Shiori said. He grinned at the punk woman. "Alright, Raza. Let's go find it!"
With that, the pair made their way into Sunyshore City.

MarcelGalliard790

While in the sky, Edward noted a duo running into a town. Figuring that was the place he knew it was time to lower. “Rathelian. Let’s go down bud.” Edward spoke calmly as the Salamence began to lower towards the ground, eventually landing very slowly. Hopping off Rathelian, Edward walked towards the entrance of the town.

“This is the place eh?” Edward spoke under his breath. He sighed as he pulled a pokeball out. “Come back Rathelian, you did great getting me here.” Edward spoke calmly to Rathelian. The dragon would eventually return into it’s pokeball. He put Rathelian’s Pokeball away and pulled out a luxury ball.

“Alright Lancelot. Let’s go.” Edward spoke as he pushed the button on the front and Lancelot the Gallade had appeared, with It’s pendant in tow. The two began to walk into town to find this ceremony taking place.

Brian woke up due to the sunshine raining on his head from a bedroom window. He lived in Lilycove, a city that was almost always sunny, especially at this hour. He was going to lay there for another hour, but he heard a knock on the door to his apartment. Brian reluctantly got out of bed, threw a shirt on and went to see who was at the door. "It's like 8... Who the hell would this be" He thought. Brian opened the door to see who it was. It was a tall man, holding an envelope. "Hello, Brian Raycaster was it?" The man asked. "Yeah.... There was a problem in accounting, and they said pay roll would be decided next week." Brian lied, thinking this was the apartment owner. "Oho, I'm not here to collect any form of monetary value from you, Brian... I have something I was sent to give you." The businessman handed over the letter, and left before Brian could ask any questions. "Uhh... Alright." Brian said, semi-defeated.

He went to his living room and opened up the letter, his Ampharos sleeping peacefully on the ground beside him. Formal stuff, tournaments, yata yata.... "Wait what?!" According to the notice, he had been invited to participate in the Battle Frontier Challenge. There would be an opening ceremony in Sunyshore, where they would be transported to the Frontier. "Finally, it's about time for a damn challenge! Hear that Amph? We're going to the Battle Frontier!" He quickly began packing his belongings and planning a flight to Sunyshore.

MarcelGalliard790

Edward looked around the town. Being outside of Kalos was something new to him. Lancelot was also filled with the same curiosity that Edward had. While looking around, Edward accidentally bumped into a duo of adults. “Oh! Um. My apologies.” Edward apologized immediately as to show he was in the wrong. “Might I ask. Are you two here for that ceremony their throwing or what?” Edward asked the two as Lancelot helped Edward up off the ground.
(@Captain Cardboard )

"Oof!" Shiori exclaimed as he felt someone bump into him. He staggered forward, but managed to keep his footing. Both him and the punk woman looked back to find a boy, a teen with blond hair and a fair complexation, had accidently bumped them and taken a fall. With him was a Gallade, which was already helping him up. The teen seemed familiar somehow, but Shiori was sure they hadn't met before. The actor adjusted his sunglasses, giving the teen a reassuring smile.
"Hey, no problem." Shiori said. The punk woman, Raza, merely rolled her eyes.

When the teen asked if they were here for a ceremony, Shiori nodded. He spoke in a familiar accent that Shiori was able to recognize as Kalosian.
"The opening ceremony for this season of the Battle Frontier? Yeah. I'm pretty sure it's somewhere around here, but this is my first time in Sunyshore City. Or Sinnoh at all, for that matter." Shiori said. "Have you been invited to the Battle Frontier as well?"
As Shiori spoke, the punk woman looked Lancelot up and down. She appeared to be sizing up the psychic-fighting type, glaring at the Gallade.

As Ridley finally entered Sunyshore, he stepped off his bike. As he took in the scenery of the city, he noticed a small group of people and decided that they would be his next observation. In doing so, he heard them talk about the Battle Frontier. This prompted him to go up to talk to them because truthfully, he didn't exactly know where to go.
"Ah, hello there. I couldn't help but hear you discussing the opening of the Battle Frontier. You wouldn't happen to be participating, would you?"

MarcelGalliard790

Edward nodded to Shiori’s comment. “Yeah. I got invited to come from Lumiose. I am kind of a big shot there as well. But you seem to be a big shot somewhere else given that you were invited to the ceremony as well.” Edward explained and noted the other newcomer. “Yep. I am.” Edward spoke to the other individual. Lancelot meanwhile noted the glare from Raza and delivered one back as well.

Edward got up and dusted his jeans off. “My name is Edward Camphier by the way.” Edward told the three of them. “And this is my partner Pokémon Lancelot.” Edward explained to them as Lancelot bowed for an introduction.
(@Captain Cardboard @PokieStuff )

Ridley smiled softly. Partly at the man's introduction, but mostly at the rather obvious display of animosity between him and the woman near them. He found himself entranced, however, by that person. Something about her was...strange. Off, somehow. He decided to introduce himself to see how she, and everyone else, reacted.
"How nice to meet you, Edward. My name is Ridley Miran. I plan to participate in the Battle Frontier as well, as fate may have it."

"Lumiose, wow. That's Kalos, right?" Shiori asked Edward.

As Shiori was talking to Edward, yet another teenager approached. A young man with black hair in a purple Gengar jacket. Cool. He also had a bike next to him. The first teen introduced himself as Edward Camphier. Still a familiar name, but Shiori wasn't sure where he had heard it. The second teen introduced themselves as Ridley Miran, also here for the Battle Frontier.
"A lot of young ones..." Shiori said to himself quietly. Still, it wasn't too surprising. After all, Iris had replaced Alder and she was only a little older than these ones.

The actor nodded politely to Ridley and Edward. Adjusting his sunglasses, he gave the teens a grin.
"I'm Shiori. And this is my friend, Raza." Shiori said, gesturing over to the punk woman. Raza had noticed the glare Lancelot had given her in return, and her glare turned to a smirk. She watched Ridley approach, only giving the second teen a glance before seeming to get bored with this whole thing and looked around the city.

"We're also going to be in the Battle Frontier." Shiori said. He grinned. "That is, if we can find the opening ceremony. But I'm betting it might be somewhere near the docks, since I'm pretty sure the Battle Frontier isn't on the mainland."

MarcelGalliard790

Edward nodded at Shiori’s question. “Yep. That is in Kalos. I was known for my trainer pr videos that I did. I suppose that was the reason I was invited to this. But I can never be so sure.” Edward explained to Shiori and Ridley. “Taking into consideration what this town looks like, I suppose that it is more towards the docks. But let’s explore together just to make sure.” Edward offered to the three of them.
(@Captain Cardboard @PokieStuff )

Ridley nodded at Edward's proposition. "I agree, we're all going to the same place after all. Oh, excuse me a moment..."
He let his Spinda out of his ball. He jumped into Ridley's arms. Ridley ruffled his fur a bit and set him down.
"He wanted to be out. I hope you don't mind, just in case."

"Alright Sceptile! Dragon Pulse!" Dom yelled.

"Haxorous, you as well, Dragon Pulse!" Iris yelled.

The two pokemon shot off their attacks and the attacks caused an explosion. As the cloud settled, both Haxorous and Sceptile looked tired.

"Alright! Battle Over!" It was Drayden, their guardian.

They recalled their pokemon, and walked off the gym battlefield.

"So!? Who won?" Iris asked.

Earlier in the day, they had decided that both Dom and Iris would battle to see who would be allowed to go on an adventure alone.

"Hmm... you both battled valiantly, so I think you should both go on your own journeys. I've trained you all the best I could, but the best training you could get is out in the real world." Drayden said.

Dom and Iris turned to each other and laughed. Iris was planning on going around Unova and attempting the Gym Challenge, but Dom had bigger plans. Later that night, during dinner, there was a knock on their door, and A letter fell through the mail chute. It was a letter inviting Dom to the Battle Frontier challenge in the sinnoh region. A few days later, Iris set out to striation city to start her gym challenge, and Dom got on the Royal Unova, which was going on a special voyage to the Kanto Region. From there, Dom made his way to Johto, and then to sinnoh. After a very long journey, Dom finally arrived in Sunnyshore city.

Trainer PR videos... Shiori snapped his fingers, a grin spreading across his face.
"Edward Camphier! From the Trainer PR videos, of course! No wonder I thought you looked so familiar. I've seen some of your videos, they're very good!" Shiori said to Edward. At the sound of a Pokeball opening, Shiori looked over to see Ridley send out one of his Pokemon. It was an almost teddy-bear like Pokemon, with red spots and swirly eyes. Shiori couldn't help but to smile as he looked down at the Spinda.
"Aw! It's so cute!" Shiori said, lowering his sunglasses for a moment to get a better look. Raza huffed and rolled her eyes, crossing her arms.

Turning back to the situation at hand, Shiori put his sunglasses back on and gave a grin to the two teens.
"Alright then. Let's go take a look!" Shiori said, and started to walk further into the city. After a moment, the punk woman shook her head and followed. Shiori glanced back to the Spinda once again, then to its trainer.
"I don't think I've seen a Pokemon like that before. Do they have a name?" Shiori asked Ridley.

MarcelGalliard790

Edward blushed a bit when Shiori commented on how well Edward’s trainer pr videos were. “T-Thanks! I do try my best in each of them.” Edward smiled a bit and then looked over as well when Ridley released a Pokémon he had seen before. “Aw. A little Spinda. I always wanted to see one so close.” Edward commented as he looked to Shiori and Ridley. “Let’s get going.” Edward commented as he took a couple of steps. “Yeah. Does the spinda have a name?” Edward asked Ridley curiously.
(@PokieStuff @Captain Cardboard )

Ridley laughed softly at the two's question. "Oh yeah, this is Dozer. He can be a bit of a doofus, sorry in advance."
Dozer was apparently offended by this, since he lightly punched Ridley's leg. Ridley laughed again, with his hands up in surrender.
"Only a jest! You know how much you mean to me, buddy."
He crouched down to Dozer's level, who bonked him in the nose playfully. Apparently satisfied, he began to wander off. Ridley stood back up and looked at the people around him.
"They really are a joy, aren't they?"

A Spinda named Dozer. Shiori hadn't seen this Pokemon before from his time in Kanto or Unova. He watched as the Spinda started to wander off before nodding. He smiled at Ridley's comment.
"They sure are." Shiori said. Walking for a few more moments, he looked back at the duo.
"So, you're from Kalos. What about you, Ridley? Are you from Sinnoh, or somewhere else?" Shiori asked Ridley.

As the group continued walking, the punk woman kept pace. However, she seemed more interested in watching the Spinda wander about than what the trainers were talking about.

"I'm from Driftveil City in Unova," Ridley replied to Shiori's question. "I've traveled to a lot of places though, and I lived in Hoenn for a time. After I got my first Pokémon, of course."
Dozer continued stumbling around the place. He bumped into Raza's leg and fell on his back.
Ridley laughed at him and continued talking. "My first is my Wobbuffet, Wobble. Dozer's my second, and my third...Steep, my Shedinja. They all mean a lot to me."

Brian's plane landed in Sunyshore Airport, where the boy immediately escaped and went to look for the opening meeting. His Chesnaught was outside of his ball, beside him. "Ches, split up, go that way!" Brian said. "Orrreh!" Chesnaught replied, indicating an "okay". The shelled Pokemon turned and ran the other way in search of the meeting. After a few minutes of running around, Brian had no luck finding the opening ceremony. He did, however, notice a small group of people talking about what sounded like something regarding the Battle Frontier...

He walked over, hoping to get some information. "Uh, hey guys... Do y'all know anything about this 'Battle Frontier' thing?"

" Wow, Sunnyshore City! I am pumped! ", yelled Dexter, as he landed Tropius. " Thanks, partner, return! " Dexter ran around the city. He hoped to find where this opening ceremony was. As he searched, he came across a group of 4 seemingly chatting. He went over to them, exhausted. " Hi, I am Dexter. ", he said, panting with each word. " Forgive me if I'm wrong, but are you fellow competitors of the Battle Frontier Challenge? "

Billy had been flying towards Sunyshore City, Sinnoh, it had been about a week since his Kalosian training for Kusunoki's Mega Evolution had ended, and was suggested to go to The Sinnoh Battle Frontier. As his flight landed, he got everything sorted, as he walked off the plane. When he got out of the airport, he looked around and saw the sights of Sunyshore and spotted an actor that one of his cousins on his dad's side was a fan. Kusunoki was let out at that point, allowing the two to head towards the small group forming. When he got there, he noticed five other people, one of which he recognized from some Trainer PR videos that his cousin on his mother's side watched. His X-Transceiver rang, as his cousin Laura had texted.

"How's Sinnoh, I wish I could be there, you may run into Jason, but I'm in Johto, and there have been reports of a Vigilante in Galar as well."

Billy read the text and then gave a small response before approaching the small group, and apparently a Chesnaught, and a Spinda.

"Hello, Is this a Battle Frontier group, if so, I'm Billy Carmichael, and this is Kusunoki, my Aggron,"

The sound of a Pokéball opening and a Pikachu appeared on Kusunoki's head.

"And Clisgeadh, my Pikachu."

The Pikachu hopped down and saw a Spinda, he waved to the Spinda.

MarcelGalliard790

Edward turned around as three people arrived asking if they were a part of the battle frontier challenge. “Yes. We all are participants for the challenge.” Edward told the three of them as he then noticed another pokeball open. Making some space for him and Lancelot, Edward greeted the newcomers.

“My name is Edward Camphier. I come from the Kalos region, and this is my partner Pokémon Lancelot.” Edward introduced himself and Lancelot. Lancelot bowed after he was introduced. The pendant around him held his Galladite. Grabbing into his bag, Edward pulled out an ultra ball. “This is my second in command Galland.” Edward told to the group as he pushed the button on the front. Slowly Galland the Bisharp was shown looking around at the new area.
(@Cmeriwether @DScourge @BluefireChampion_2570 @PokieStuff @Captain Cardboard )

"I've heard about Your Vidoes, Edward from my cousin on my mother's side, she's a few months younger than me." Billy responded, "Kusunoki here is a Pokémon I've had for a Long Time, I'm trying to help the rest of the team get along with Clisgeadh here."

Something shined on Kusunoki's left Leg, as Billy looked down, remembering the day he fought all those Steel types, including a Metagross that had held the Aggronite. He then looked around to see a Bisharp.

"A Bisharp, you must be Galland, this is Clisgeadh,"

He pointed to the Pikachu nearby a Spinda.

"And Kusunoki."

The Aggron then looked at the Bisharp, making sure Billy wasn't messed with. He had a Pokéball in his hand, but he would bring out Seashell when there was more water.

Ridley turned around, a bit surprised at all the sudden new people. "Ah, hello there. I'm Ridley Miran, and that's Dozer." He pointed to the Spinda. "And, well, I suppose I'll send out my other Pokémon as well, to introduce them."
He took his other two PokeBalls out and threw them in the air, releasing a Wobbuffet and Shedinja.
"The Wobbuffet is my partner, Wobble. And, uh, this is Steep." He gestured at the Shedinja. "He's a little strange, so try not to be, um, creeped out."
After this, Steep hovered away silently, deciding his next stalking victim will be Dexter, whom he followed right behind. Wobble stayed put right next to Ridley. Dozer poked Clisgeadh's nose and tried to run, but fell over.

Brian looked over at Steep. "Eh, I see those sometimes in Hoenn, so it's not something to be creeped about." Chesnaught found the group at this point and walked over. "I live in Hoenn," Brian said, "But I was born and raised in Kalos, and this is my starter Ches." Chesnaught just stood there, looking straight into Steep's soul (oh wait). "I've been a few places though. I lived in Johto for a bit, and same with Unova." Brian explained right before his backpack started shaking agressively. He swung it to his shoulder, opened it, and threw a Poke Ball, sending a Pyroar out. "That's Mufasa... He's kinda crazy." The Pyroar growled at the others as a way of greeting himself.

(Flashback)
"Dinner time everyone..." said Athena stirring a pot of curry. She was currently sitting in the small field right outside of Professor Rowan's Lab. At the smell wafting from the large bubbling red pot, at least one of every Galarian Form ran up to the curry pot and sat impatiently waiting to be served. She poured each serving into a variety of bowls and set them out for each pokemon. Once everyone, including Athena were served and eating her phone buzzed from inside the lab. "Prometheus, would you please retrieve my phone for me?" "Go-zzt-a 'Thena!" Prometheus zipped inside, possessed Athena's phone then floated right up to Athena. It was an incoming video call so she pressed the Accept Button and was attacked by Flint doing his best Exploud impretion. "I'M COMING BACK TO SINNOH!" yelled Flint startling Prometheus. "Flint, I'm going to request you to calm yourself, and please tell me what you need slowly and quiter." "Oops! Sorry!" Said her silver haired friend. "I'm coming back to Sinnoh! I got invited to the battle frontier!" "Battle Frontier?" Athena paused for a bit. She new that the Battle Froniter existed, but she didn't know a lot about it. "Yep! The letter I got said that it was a place where tons of strong trainers test their skills!" "Oh, is it now?" "Yep! Can you put Professor Rowan on the phone?" "Sure." Said Alice getting up from her tree stump outside and walking inside the lab. Athena called over Professor Rowan and he looked delighted to see a colleague of his on the phone."Ah, Mr. Ledger. Has your excursion in Alola gone well?" "It's gone great! I actually finished catching all of the forms a few days ago. I was about to head home and start my actual research on them but I ended up getting this!" said Flint holding up a letter. Flint gave professor Rowan a rundown as well, (apparently, he was scouted due to the impressive feat of finishing the island challenge in only a little under 3 weeks) and Flint was on his way to Sinnoh. "So, since I'm gonna be in Sinnoh...wanna come with me?" "Hmm? Why would I do that?" "C'monnn 'Thena! It's been almost a year since I've seen you. Besides, this Battle Frontier thing sounds like a ton of fun!" Flint said begging her like a Riolu begging to be let out of the rain. "Well, Ms. Skye, you have been working very hard lately on studying the Galarian Forms and translating those Hisuian Pokedex pages. At the very least, it would be a change of scenery." Athena blinked a bit before she thought to herself. "Well it's been months since I've left Western Sinnoh...and I would like to see you again...ok. I'll join you.
---------------------------------------
That conversation was approximately a week ago and Flint was able to take a boat from Alola to Canalave City, landed, and took a Taxi where he met up with Athena at Jubilife City. Afterward, they proceeded to spend some time in the city, as Flint had never gotten the chance to, and got immediately sidetracked. They visited the Jubilife TV station (Athena won an Ultra Ball) visited the trainer school and the GTS. Of course they got so caught up in their sightseeing that they missed their first bus to Sunnyshore, so for the second time, they both refused to leave the bus station, but then of course the two fell asleep, so they had to take the third bus to Sunnyshore. After a 3 hour long ride of Athena trying to translate a mix of Old Galarian and Hisuian into modern Sinnohan and Flint borderline bouncing in his seat, the two aspiring professors landed in Sunnyshore and looked for where the Battle Frontier opening Ceremony was. "I still can't believe that the highways here are solar panels!" Said Flint looking at a car pass by on one of them. "It seems that they were put in place due to the large amount of energy that the Pokemon Gym consumes." said Athena putting away her phone. After looking over to find a group of trainers with their pokemon. "Hey! Do any of you know anything about a Battle Frontier? I got invited to one and there's supposed to be an opening ceremony here?"

Quite a few more trainers started to approach their little group, and Shiori and Raza shared a glance. It was starting to get a little too crowded here for their tastes. Nearly all of them seemed to be teenagers too, a teenage heterocromatic young man, an out of breath teen with glasses that introduced himself as Dexter, another young adult that waltzed up with an Aggron. Definitely too crowded for Raza's taste. The punk woman couldn't help but to snicker as she watched the Spinda stagger around almost drunkenly, occasionally falling over. Pokemon began coming out, a Pikachu, a Bisharp, a Wobbufett, a strange bug Pokemon, a big Lion-like Pokemon that Shiori recognized as a Pyroar...

Shiori and Raza decided to take advantage of the sudden appearance of multiple people to slip away from this rapidly forming group. The pair had only made it a few steps away before a voice spoke to them. Glancing back, Shiori saw they were being approached by yet another two teenagers. From the letter he recieved, Shiori would have thought there would be more older, experienced trainers here.
No, can't think like that. C'mon Shiori, remember all those kids that beat the snot out of you before. Can't underestimate these teens because of their age. Shiori thought to himself. He smiled at the two approaching teens. The first one, the one that had called out to him, was a shorter girl with pigtails. The second was a taller boy with blond hair and silver glasses.

"Man, it seems like everyone here's for the Battle Frontier and showing up in one place." Shiori said with a grin. The punk woman gave Shiori a dirty look before shaking her head. She wasn't too pleased with having to meet up with yet more trainers. Shiori ignored the look from Raza and continued.
"Yeah. It's going to be over by the harbor. My friend and I were just on our way now." Shiori said, and gestured for the pair to follow him as he and Raza continued on towards the docks.

"Thanks a bunch. Anyway, my names Flint. My friend's name is Athena." "It's a pleasure." Said Athena with a nod of her head. As Athena said that, one of Flint's pokeballs burst open and a large purple 4 winged bat formed and gave Flint's head a huge hug. "Peach, what are you-! Oh wait. I forgot. You're never in your pokeball for this long." He said, slightly muffled before giving her back a few scratches. "This is Peach, my first pokemon. She loves me. A lot." "By the way, would you please tell us your names?" Asked Athena.

The pair introduced themselves and Flint and Athena, and Shiori returned their nod. There was a red flash as a Pokeball burst open, and Shiori and Raza quickly took a step back. The Pokemon was one Shiori recognized, a Crobat. The large bat Pokemon seemed content nuzzling up with its trainer, so Shiori and Raza quickly relaxed. A Crobat was very impressive. Shiori had heard it was rather difficult to get one to evolve normally, requiring a very close bond with someone. A stranger means of evolution, Shiori supposed. If only other Pokemon were like that...

"Right, I'm sorry! How rude of me." Shiori said sheepishly. The man scratched his head. "My name is Shiori, and this is my friend Raza. She doesn't really speak. We're from Unova, and here for the Battle Frontier. What about the two of you? Are you from Sinnoh, or just here for the Frontier?"

"Nice to meet you two!" Said Flint pulling down one of Peach's wings to speak, before he let go and the wing flapped right back into place to continue the face hug. "I'm from Sinnoh but Flint is from Johto. We met at a research conference about some breakthrough in studying regional variants." Said Athena before making a small yawn. "We both hit it off and we each took journeys, I in Galar and then Flint in Alola to research regional forms and now we're here." Said Athena before her phone buzzed and zipped out of her pocket. "Jee-zzt 'Thena how could you be zzt-o rude!" buzzed Athena's phone before flying out of her pocket. "What's wrong Prometheus?" Said Flint pulling the wing down a second time. "I was zzt-ing right here, and you introduced Peach before me!" "Prometheus, that wasn't on-" ""Whatever, I'll introduce myself. My name is Prometheus. It-zzt a pleasure to make your acquaintance." said Promethus to the annoyance of Athena and the slight embarrassment of Flint, though partially obscured by the Crobat clinging to his face.

A pair from Sinnoh and Johto, that were doing studies. Interesting. Were they in school together? Shiori had heard a bit about regional variants of Pokemon, how some Pokemon of the same species looked different depending on what part of the world they came from. Shiori was about to ask more about their studies when suddenly a third voice joined the conversation. Shiori and Raza watched with surprise as a phone flew out of Athena's pocket and began speaking. Both Shiori and Raza exchanged a surprised look before looking back to the phone.

"Um... Hello..." Shiori said, not quite sure of what to make of this. The actor looked to Athena and Flint with confusion.
"How... how are you doing that?" Shiori asked Athena, pointing to the floating phone.

"Yes, we're waiting for it as well." Billy responded, "Billy Carmichael, this is Kusunoki," pointing to the Aggron, "and Clisgeadh."

He then pointed to the Pikachu, who was poked by a Spinda, standing there quite surprised. The Pikachu than ran up Kusunoki, waiting on the Rock and Steel type's head. The young man looked at the rest of the group, Billy was trying not to laugh with the Crobat.

"Imagine that with a Lapras." Billy responded, "That's a Rotom, correct, a friend of mine and a cousin on the other side of my cousins on my mother's side, has one of these, he is studying under Professor Sycamore."

"Correcto!" yelled the phone before it floated into Athena's hand and a Rotom flew out of it. "Rotom! Rotom!" Said the Rotom now floating next to the pair. "That little device is called a Rotom phone. It's quite common in the Galar Region. I caught this troublemaker a few years ago at the Old Chateau. They possessed almost every electronic in the building. The washing machines, the microwaves, even chased people around with the lawn mower." Said Athena giving Prometheus a look. "Rotom, Rotom!" Said Prometheus before zipping right back into the phone. "And now I'm here! Gotta zzt-ay I like being in this phone. Beats the alternative." said Prometheus. "Of course not for me sometimes." Said Athena. "You're so mean Theny! That's it, I'm Flint's pokemon now!" Athena rolled her eyes before grabbing the phone out of midair, turning it off, and shoving it in her bag. Flinr turned to the large steel dinosaur as the bat finally let go of her hug to rest on his head. "Ooh, an Aggron. Been a while since I've seen one of those." He said patting the Aggron's head. "Nice to meetcha Billy!" "Bat! Crobat!" Said Peach holding up one of her wings.

Last edited:
"Whoa!" Shiori said, jumping back in surprise at the sudden appearance of the freckled young man. Looking from Billy to Athena to the phone, Shiori and Raza watched as both Billy and Athena explained what was going on. A Pokemon...? With a heck of a personality, so it seemed.
"Wow." Shiori said, relaxing. He grinned. "Imagine that Raza, a Pokemon that can talk more than you!"
The punk woman rolled her eyes before slugging Shiori in the arm. The actor winced, rubbing his arm, but still managed a grin.

With the walking, the group made it to the harbor area. Shiori looked up at the Aggron a little apprehensively. It reminded Shiori a lot of the Nidoking or Nidoqueen he had seen in the Safari Zone. That is, if those Pokemon were also covered in intense metal armor. A little frightening. Raza on the other hand, was simply watching the Pokemon with a critical eye. Her eyes rested on the Pikachu. The small electric mouse Pokemon reminded her of a friend she had once known, and she began to smile as she recalled the friend.

As Dexter saw more and more people enter the group of people, he got increasingly excited. This meant that many people would be here to challenge him, as he hadn't had one in a while. " Oh, Billy, was it? I couldn't happen, but notice your Pikachu. I actually have a Raichu of my own, and a steel type, Lucario. In fact, I have an ultimate team with me. Come out guys! " He sent out Lucario and Raichu to have them try and socialize with everyone's Pokemon. Just after, Dexter heard a voice behind him. " Well, well, well. It seems we have quite a lot, now don't we? " He turned around to see Scott. " Scott, are you here to take us to the ceremony? ", Dexter asked. " Why, yes I am, Dexter. Follow me", Scott replied. With that remark, Scott began walking away. Dexter was very excited. He turned to the rest of the group, and asked, " Well, who's ready to go?! "

"It's not the benefit you think it is." said Athena as Prometheus vibrated in resentment in her pocket. Meanwhile, Flint was deeply engrossed in the fact that there was a Kantonian Raichu in his vicinity. "Man! I haven't seen a Kantonian Raichu in forever!" he said crouching down to get a better look at it. "Let's see, the tail is longer than most meaning that it can move around more than while grounded, which usually means that it stays grounded a lot more often. I can kinda tell that from the ears drooping a bit and it's kinda glowing. It's faint but most Raichu are actually glow-in-the-dark. It's a bit interesting actually. Raichu usually emits a constant minuscule stream of electricity all around it to make it appear to glow. Also, your Raichu's muscles are a bit relaxed. Judging from all of this I think it currently has a low charge. Although all of this is eyeball measurements so I can't make an exact measurement on Raichu's voltage so I think it's safe to say it's in the 40k to 55k volt range." said Flint before taking a deep breath. "But I must say your Raichu does look well-taken care of and battles often. It seems to have no signs of constant stress meaning that it's discharging electricity a frequent amount even without constant use of its tail. So I thi-" "Bat! Crobat!" said Peach waving its wings on Flint's head. "Oh, what's wrong Peach?" Peach pointed one of her wings to the man in the light blue Alolan shirt. "Oh. We're about to head to the ceremony. Looks like I'm gonna have to continue my 'analysis' later." said Flint scratching the back of his head. "It's just I've researched Raichu specifically a ton so it was really nice to see one for myself," said Flint before Athena yawned behind him and followed the Scott to the ceremony.

Ridley quietly continued watching the new Pokémon coming out. He was entranced by their movements, interactions, and individual differences. Each one had their own unique personality, and watching them all interact was fascinating to him.
Dozer staggered his way over to Ridley and pulled on his leg, pointing at Scott. "Hm? What is it, buddy?" Ridley replied. Seeing what Dozer was pointing at, he said, "Oh! I guess that's where we're supposed to go. Okay everyone, time to come back."
He called his Pokémon back into their balls, and walked over to where Scott was.

Quite a group was here. Everyone seemed to be getting along pretty well, which Shiori felt was pretty unusual. Usually events like this had one or two trainers that looked to keep themselves apart from the crowd, and looked down on others. But everyone here was seeming to get along amicably. Maybe it was the fact that this wasn't a traditional tournament, but something else. Whatever the cause, Shiori certainly wasn't complaining.

Both him and Raza followed the group, waiting for the ceremony to start. The actor couldn't help but to smile excitedly. It was finally starting.