• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The First Annual Solaurea City World Tournament! (RP)

Watching Shiori wear the mask again was quite pleasing. The confidence suddenly bursting from Karpman was a nice return and Finion followed in the heroes footsteps but at a more slow pace.
“Oh, hmm” Now that he thought about it the tournament starting in a few days made much more sense. It allowed people and their Pokemon to get comfortable and familiar with the place before battling in it.
“We could go find your friend, the one that erm ... y’know” He was referring to Raza. “Could need some more people from the tournament as well?” This idea he was less sure of.

Last edited:
Riley finally got to her room,after walking all the way here,since she doesn't like elevators.She face planted on her bed and sighed."Man,I don't want to wait to see how I'll do in the tournament....Wait,I don't have to wait!I have a Pokémon that can see the future!"She got out her Gardevoir,who hapily waited for a command next to Staraptor,who seemed pretty disappointed that his trainer is so impatient."Gardevoir!I need you to tell me,will I win my first match?"Gardevoir nodded and closed her eyes for a minute.After reopening them,she looked at the floor with a sad look."O-oh...Well,will I at least put up a good fight?"Gardevoir nodded,which made Riley's face strike a smile."Well,at least I won't lose like a noob!"She got up and walked over to the window,noticing that Shiori was once again Karpman."Hey Gardevoir,will that weirdo become normal?"She asked her Pokémon,with a glimpse of hope in her eyes.Gardevoir thought for a moment and then shook her head."Ugh,well I guess at least he was able to make a friend beside that Zoroark of his."She said with a sigh,pointing at Finion.She sat back on her bed and started watching TV.

Last edited:
"Hm..." Karpman muttered, thinking. "Well, Raza's kinda upset right now. It's probably best to give her some space for a while. Hmm..."
After another moment of thinking, Karpman snapped his fingers.
"We could check out the park section of Solaurea! I heard that's pretty nice." Karpman suggested. "Maybe there might be some people competing in the tournament there! Come! Awayyyyyy!!!"
With that, Karpman turned and began to run towards the park section.

"Oh right, understood" He probably should've gathered that by her actions and her absence, which he supposed was justified- she's allowed to be annoyed. Finion would still hold the opinion that shoving her friends face in water was a bit extreme.
"The park?" His question had a happy tone to it, Finion rolling his eyes a little as the hero ran off. He followed and despite his height he managed to keep up. "You're really quick gosh" The heavy weight of a Pachirisu on his shoulder wasn't helping.
"Y'know I got here in the park, rode in on one of my Pokemon and landed her there. You're right it's a really nice place" His voice was a bit loud and his words didn't really flow properly but they were running, a lot quicker than Finion usually did.
"You have really big strides!"

Last edited:

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Loki started to zone out in the conversation, thinking of his opponents. Someone has to have no strategy, then there will be people with complex strategies depending on their Pokemon... Like the Zoroark could be used for frequent U-Turns, complimented with Gyarados, that could be a tough matchup... What about the Hydreigon... that trainer looked confident, almost too confident, but he also looked Johtonian, so maybe it'll be a friendly match? The Shuckle i saw's defenses would need some high damage, maybe a taste from Patches' Surf would take him down... wait, can I use Patches?, many other conversations to himself lead to some of his strategies being heard around the plaza, as he was talking to himself.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Why thank you. I think your team is really impressive as well. I think you have a fair shot, but I won't go easy on you if we meet each other. And neither will they." Becca said as she appreciated the compliment before her eyebrow was raised as Loki appeared to be mumbling to himself. Was he talking to himself? Had Becca been gawking internally at his team or the praise to hers she left him hanging to the point he turned her out.

Either way, she felt she should inquire to make up for this slip.

"Um, you okay?" Becca asked the guy curious as Sabrina seemed annoyed at her trainer being ignored given that scowl.

Alice took a walk, without Rocky. She needed fresh air to think. Was she cocky, was she overconfident? She knew that Rocky would say no so she was going to ask a different pokemon, a pokemon that judged her truly. She made sure no one was around. "Come on out Lulu! Lulu am I overconfident to the extent that I'm cocky? I'm asking because I met a trainer that kinda reminded me of myself, so I was wondering." Lulu snuggled with her trainer. Her trainer wasn't overconfident, sure she could be rude at times, but it was never on purpose.

"Ah! My apologies!" Karpman said, slowing down a bit so Finion could keep up. After a bit of running, the street they were on finally opened up to reveal a large, sprawling park. Karpman slowed to a stop, putting his hands on his hips and admiring the view. Finion was right. It indeed was a very beautiful park. A trail wound through grassy clearings, with fountains and some trees scattered around. Couples were strolling about, and people were playing with their Pokemon. There were a few food stands scattered about as well, and in the distance Karpman could see a few nature preserves.

"Wow! What a beautiful area!" Karpman said. "There's not many places like this back in Kanto, that's for sure!"

Finion was very thankful that Karpman slowed down and he was fully able to catch up once they had reached the park. Rather than admiring the place Finion was busy catching his breath, bending over a little as he did. "I just need, gimmie a sec" Finion didn't really run that much, he was kind of impressed with how quick his new friend was.
Once he had his breath back Finion spoke. "Kalos huh?" So Karpman was from Kalos. Finion had never been to Kalos. His friend Samuel had though, in fact Samuel was the sole reason Finion had gotten Frilly his Aurorus. She wasn't competing in this tournament but he had promised her that she could fight in the next one.
He returned from his thoughts and looked over the park, nodding in agreement with Shiori. "If you like this place you'd love where I live" Finion smiled as he thought of home. "I come from Sinnoh, berry farm out in the country side it's a nice place"

"Kalos? No, I said Kanto." Karpman corrected. "I'm from Vermillion City. Although the whole region is getting better with pollution and destroying the environment, Vermillion bay is still feeling the effects. Doesn't stop the cruise ships, though! I just like how the air here is so much cleaner smelling."
Speaking of smelling, those food stands were smelling quite tasty right now. Karpman began to make his way over to said food stands.
"Still, Sinnoh, eh? I hear that's a very neat place. Very rugged and mountainous. Sounds to be exciting!"

"Oh right, sorry" Finion felt a little embarrassed about being corrected, his face turning a little red and his head shrinking into his shoulders for a moment. Karpman talking about Vermillion City gave Finion the brief but essential time to get over his mistake. "Cleaner smelling?" He couldn't smell the difference himself. It was probably due to how little time he spent in cities and the time he actually spent in them was usually spent in a stadium.
Finion followed Karpman over to one of the food stands, Sparky being more excited at the sight, thought and smell of the place they were approaching. "You should go over there sometime, if you like it here you'd enjoy it there" Finion reached a hand to pat his Pachirisu, assuring the Pokemon that he would get something for him. "I would happily be your guide if you wished"

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Sounds fair to me. A good warm up would never hurt." Becca said, as she saw only benefits from this as this little practice battle would be a great way to test her skills just before the tournament and experiment with some strategies in a practical evaluation. Not to mention get a sense of what one of her opponents was capable of, eve if only a small sample.

Not to mention, just something fun to do with her team.

Either way she began to walk to that area and motioned for her team to follow as she got in position to accept Loki's challenge. A determined if eager expression on her face as she waited for him to come with her.

Riley soon got bored of watching cartoons (don't judge her)and got out on the balcony."This region is extremely lame.Aside from this tournament,you have nothing special to do!Ugh,let's go."Her Gardevoir nodded and used Psychic to pick Riley up and put her all the way down.Then,she floated to her,with her Staraptor by her side."Okay,the most interesting thing we could do is just walk 'round this place.Unfortunely..."She sighed and started walking around.She passed by Otis, Becca and Loki, Alice and some other trainers,but none really caught her attention.She didn't mind where she would end up,as long as she didn't ran into that weirdo of a hero.Fortunely,she didn't.She kept on walking around,until she got tired and took a break.She was on a bench,judging weird people that passed by.

Oh my Arceus, so many stairs. I'd like to find whoever invented the stairs and push him down these stairs, just to show him how stupid stairs are. Then his legs will be broken, and he will no longer be able to climb the stairs anymore. It'll be ironic and then his wife will leave him for the guy who invented the elevator, because everyone knows elevators are much better than stairs. And oh my Arceus I am not even close to the top yet, why are there so many stairs?! Toby had enough of the stairs leading up to the stadium, why didn't he fly to the stadium in the first place?

"Note to self, ride Scylla to the top next time. Stairs are not worth the trouble." As he was complaining about the stairs, he felt the sun beaming down on him. "Not the best time for a trenchcoat, of course it isn't." The confident battler took off his trenchcoat and stopped near a fountain, oblivious to the trainer sitting on a nearby bench.

"No, I am trying to hatch an egg by brooding. Happy? I am trying to cool down, this weather isn't too forgiving for people with trenchcoats. My confidence is something I don't want to lose, it will help me win this tournament. Without confidence, you might as well give up and go home. Let's be honest, there will be a ton of pressure put upon the contestants. Are you sure your young mind is capable of dealing with that? If not, it is not too late to take that plane and go back home. Saves you the embarrassment of getting a beating."

"What are you doing here? Trying to find some water to give you some courage? If you really need that, you don't belong here." Toby finally made some eye contact with Riley and grinned, although his grin was not one to encourage her. It was a grin that portrayed his mockery of her.

"Oh,save that mockery for your mom,since she wasn't capable of raising a child correctly,which clearly messed you up."Riley said with a smirk at Tony's comment."But,about the shame,I don't care 'bout it.I already know I'll lose.But,at least I got classified as one of the strongest trainers in the world and that's a win for me.And winning this tournament is not the most important thing,ya know.That overconfidence of yours will be your downfall.Please,act mature for once!That's why girls rule and guys drool.You think that you're strong and manly,when you really are weak,pathetic brats.But anyway,see you later,'Your Cockyness'!"She curtsied and left the fountain.She arrived back at her Pokémon and said"Let's go.This guy is clearly a moron."She whipped her hair and walked away with her Pokémon by her side.

Last edited:
"That would be nice. I've been thinking that I need change of scenery from Kanto and Johto. Sinnoh would be a nice change of pace. I was actually thinking of staying in Aureolis for a little while. I'm already here, so might as well stick around a while after the tournament." Karpman said, ordering some food from the food stand. The man running the stand gave Karpman a bit of a strange look, gave Karpman the hot dog. The masked trainer took off his mask and began to eat the hot dog as he surveyed the park.
"People back in Kanto are pretty intense when it comes to Pokemon. I mean, we got a lot to prove. Home to the first Pokemon League, and home of Red. Is Sinnoh a bit more chill?" Shiori asked.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
She smiled and ran across the stadium, acting slightly childish. Clara decided to not follow her trainer’s footsteps and she stood while rolling her eyes. But, she allowed her trainer to be her kind of weird self. Then, Otis came over with another Pokeball in her hand. Her Flygon sighed, and her trainer sent out Mary, her Ampharos.

"You think that I have nothing better to do back home? I have festivals to organize, history and tradition to keep alive and buildings to keep in tiptop shape. I can't wait to see you get crushed in the tournament, then we both know you are not worthy of that title. See you in the tournament Runty, have fun while it lasts." Toby got up and put his trenchcoat on again before releasing Scylla. "Time to take to the skies, where the amount of dweebs is significantly lower. Let's hope that holds up for the stadium as wel."

After flying on Scylla's back, he jumped off when they were close enough to the ground. "Screw the stairs, I have flight. Return Scylla." The Brutal Pokémon returned to its Poké Ball, Toby swung open the door and inhaled sharply. "Hmm, the scent of class. I like it almost as much as winning. This is what I expected when arriving here, not some snot-nosed brat." As he made his way through the stadium, he saw a girl running around with a Flygon and an Ampharos. "A Johto Pokémon, I like them already. Hey, you there!" The confident boy yelled at the girl as he made his way to her. "Nice Pokémon, ever been to Johto?"

Alice near the fountain heard all of Riley's words. "Lulu return, we don't want anyone to know more than they already do with my team." Was she too late? Did Riley already know about Lulu? Lulu refused to enter the pokeball. She was having too good of a time with her trainer. She remembered being caught by her in Hau-oli City in one of the grassy areas.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis stopped running around when someone called to her. “No, I’ve never been to Johto. They have surprisingly lots of Mareeps in Unova. That where I caught all my Pokémon. What about you? Have you gotten all your Pokémon from one region or did you catch them from across the world?” She smiled cheerfully at Toby, happy to talk with someone. Clara saw the boy walk up to them, in which she growled at him. Mary gave a worried glance at Clara, and she walked over with her trainer.

"Mareep in Unova? Never knew that they lived there, and I've spent ages there trying to find Scylla. I travelled across the world to find all of my Pokémon, but I found two of them back home in Johto. If you do ever feel the need to visit Johto, I recommend visiting Ecruteak City. The history and traditions there, it is unlike anything you've ever seen! And the festivals, the entire town gets together and celebrates. The dance of the Kimono Girls is something you have to see, it is incredible!" Even though Toby still sounded posh as usual, he wasn't rude for once. He actually smiled when talking about his hometown. "Oh sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Toby Taylor, pleased to make your acquaintance."

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Yeah, there is a farm full of them. I was able to catch a wild one living near there, which is of course Mary, my Ampharos.” Otis then listened carefully to what Toby described Johto to be like, and Johto seemed like an exciting place to visit. “Whoa, Johto seems completely awesome! Now I really want to go visit that place. Maybe I’ll go there after this tournament... But anyways, thanks for the recommendations! And, nice to meet you Toby, I’m Otis Russell!” Clara surprisingly chose to listen to Toby and Otis’ conversation, and for once she was a bit happy this trainer hadn’t called Otis loony or weird yet. Mary felt the same, and she sat next to Clara.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Loki had an instinct for whenever anyone said "Johto" in at least a kilometer radius, and he started thinking about it. "Johto... I wish I was there right now... I can imagine the bustling city of Goldenrod... the beauty of the Safari Zone... and the blue sea in Olivine... most of all, I loved the challenge. Facing Clair's gym to expelling Neo Neo Team Rocket. If only I could relive it all...", Loki thought he sounded elegant, but he sounded like an evil villain plotting a wicked plan.

Ryan finally arrived, extremely late, but he wasn’t suprised whatsoever. He rushed into the stadium to see that the battle hadn’t even started yet “oh thank god” he said with a audiable sigh of relief. He then went to the information place and asked where he was supposed to go, once being told there wasn’t anywhere he need to be he decided to go look around for food or maybe a competitor

Last edited:
Well, with that meeting inn the Pokemon Center having gone to a...interesting conclusion. Nathan said his goodbyes as he departed after others did the same and decided to head out to the stadium. Nathan figured it was best to get a good view of the area, to soak it all in before the tournament began as images of a packed crowd cheering the trainers.

It was a nice image, and he could not help but smirk at it. This would be his chance to show this region...everyone, what he was made of and he was not about to let it go to waste as he traversed the stadium.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
A Froslass huh? Well the obvious choice would have been to use Sabrina here, but that had not been a sporty gesture and besides Sabrina had gotten the last workout so Becca had to be a bit more creative if she wanted to get something out of this while being fair.

And it had not taken her long, as soon enough a flash of white light appeared and before long her own Pokemon. Ariel the Milotic, appeared before Loki and the Forslass.

"Me and Ariel are ready when you are." Becca said with a bit of competitive fire to her tone as she made it clear she was ready to begin.

Staying after the tournament. It wasn’t something Finion had thought about but now that he has he too was considering it. Finion also decided to order something from the food stand, going for a two cheese sandwiches. The second one was for Sparky who happily began to munch away at it after Finion had paid.
“In a way ... We’ve got our own Pokemon league and Cynthia who is like- the best champion” Finion would usually add that it was his opinion to statements like that but he fully believed that was fact. “The journey through that region was not easy, not for me at least”

"You should, maybe I can give you a tour around. After all, I do live there. I really like your Flygon Otis, where did you get it? I would have got one myself if I knew where to find it, maybe that will make Scylla a bit less hostile around Pokémon other than Millennium. How about we show our Pokémon to each other? I think that it should be an amazing opportunity to get acquaintanced with both of our teams, what do you say?" Toby was curious to see what Unovan Pokémon this girl had, and since she didn't seem to mind his behaviour he thought that it was nice to show his team. It sure was better than getting called 'Your Cockyness'.

Riley continued to walk around,noticing several food places scattered around,she was a little hungry,but decided to pass.She wandered around,a big frown on her face."Ugh,this is so lame!"She thought angry."I have nothing to do!This is the worst region I've ever bee-"She tripped on a pebble and face planted on the ground.She quickly got up and made sure that nobody was looking,but fortunately,the only ones who saw were her Pokémon,who chuckled at her mistake.Riley glared at them and dusted herself off."This.Sucks.Ugh..."She continued to walk around,looking for something exciting.

Alice gave a sigh of relief. No one noticed Lulu. "Lulu, I kinda need to get up. We can cuddle at the apartment ok."
Lulu continued to snuggle with her trainer, against her trainer's will, but she didn't care, she loved her trainer. Oh, how she would love to have a bean right now. But then she realized that if she didn't get up she wouldn't get a bean, so she did what her trainer asked and entered the pokeball.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Ooo, a tour would be amazing! And, I found Clara at Reversal Mountain when she was a Trapinch, next to an old creepy house that I’m 100% sure is haunted. She is really aggressive, and she almost ripped my Pokémon to shreds before I was finally able to catch her. But enough of my little rants, I think we should show each other our Pokémon!” Otis’ smile became even bigger as she sent out all of her Pokémon.

Four more Pokémon came out, a Serperior, a Scolipede, an Unfezant, and finally a Zoroark. “Spirit is my Serperior, Nia is my Scolipede, Joey is the Unfezant, and Clever is the Zoroark! And those two are Clara and Mary.” She pointed at all her Pokémon as she called out their respective names. “Now I would like to see all your Pokémon! Do they have nicknames as well?”

Alice decided to walk back to her room until she came across a man in a Magikarp suit. "That guy? Why is he in a suit in weather like this? It's cold for me because I came from Alola, but even if I wanted to wear a suit like that I would turn into a Burgmite!" She thought. She decided to talk to this Magikarp man, or whatever he was. "Aren't you freezing in that suit? I mean it's summer (I think), here and it's kinda freezing. Aren't you cold, don't you want to take that off and put something warmer on?" She asked in confusion. He was probably a cosplayer, just showing his love for pokemon. She understood dressing up as one for fun. She did it when she was younger.

Last edited:
Along with Katana, Wolf rushed to his hotel room, avoiding trainers and conversations left and right. "The competition is looking good so far, 'Tana." Wolf enthusiastically said, keeping in mind all those trainers and different Pokémon he saw. "Too bad you're not elligible to battle alongside me, that would've been great." He sighed, having already registered his team of six. It was obvious Bisharp was a combative Pokémon, always itching for a battle. Not being to compete in this tournament clearly disappointed the Dark-type Pokémon.

Wolf caught Katana back in its ball, safely keeping it in his backpack with his other Pokémon. He laid down in the bed, and with a relieved sigh reminisced about a previous tournament he participated in. It was the Canalave Contest, a match where 32 competitors fought for the title of strongest trainer of Sinnoh. Wolf only made it into the top 8, but his final match was one to remember.

"Toxicroak, use Poison Jab!" the opponent shouted at his Pokémon. In a flash, Toxicroak rushed towards Arcanine with its knuckle claws turning a bright purple. "Arcanine, keep him at distance with a Dragon Pulse, you got this." A young Wolf commanded his Pokémon. With a gaping mouth, Arcanine released a blue beam. Toxicroak held its ground, absorbing the beam with crossed arms. Both Pokémon held their positions, awaiting each other's moves.

"Toxicroak, NOW!" the trainer yelled, to which Toxicroak dashed to the side, and faster than the human eye could see, struck the Arcanine with its fully-charged Poison Jab. The hit prompted a huge cloud of smoke, in which both Pokémon vanished. When the dust had settled, Toxicroak was standing over a fainted Arcanine, knocking Wolf out of the tournament. The trainer eventually came second in the final of the tournament, but ultimately won Wolf's respect and friendship.

Wolf smiled a little when he thought about that battle. He wasn't satisfied with only making it to the quarter-finals, but a battle like that always manages to cheer him up.

Last edited:
"Hmm... Then I guess I'll stay in Aureolis for a while, try to train up before I head there." Karpman said, finishing the hotdog and putting the mask back on. Sinnoh sounded kinda tough, but the sound of the champion didn't really concern him. He doubted he'd ever even finish the gym challenge, so there's no way he would meet the champion.

As Karpman put his mask back on, he noticed that Alice approached him.
"Ha ha!" Karpman exclaimed dramatically in response to Alice's question. The masked trainer puffed out his chest and put his hands on his hips, looking away in a dramatic fashion. "The sun's heat is nothing when compared to the fire in my heart for justice! And a hero's costume is quite necessary for his heroic duties!"
In truth, it was a little warm in Karpman's costume. However, Karpman had worn the costume enough that he was quite used to the heat, and it didn't really affect him.