• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The God of Highschool: New Key

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Before you read on, this role play has nothing to do with school or highschool. And it is also a heavy combat related rp, so if you're into writing fights and fighting then come along for this hectic train wreck. Now that we've got that cleared up

It's a normal day for you, you're out doing your thing. Walking in the park, working on the streets, going out with friends, you know, the usual. But then all of a sudden a figure approaches you, someone wearing a black formal suit. In one hand they hold a letter, as they approach you and congratulate you for being qualified enough for the god of highschool tournament. You know what the tournament is, it's massive and a global event even bigger than the Olympics. The god of highschool tournament is a fighting tournament where the winner will have their wish granted. best part of the prize is that the wish can be anything from bringing back the dead to becoming a god. You agree to join the tournament, with your reasons to join varying widely.

Now that I've got your attention, welcome to my role play for my charmsiversary. I've sorta grown a deep love for the god of highschool franchise, and thought I might aswell try to make at least one good rp that lasts more than a week. [insert cricket noises]. You see the jokes funny cause it's true. Anyway, jokes aside, this rp is based on the god of highschool series. I know many of you probably haven't even seen the show or read the webtoon, but you really don't have to if want to join. I'll try to explain the role play as best I can in the next couple paragraphs.

The god of high school tournament is a global event, held in Korea. The tournament is a mixed martial arts tournament with only the best fighters from every corner of the earth participating. The winner of the tournament is granted a single wish they can use. Only invited skill fighters may participate, and even then the tournament is surprisingly difficult to win. Though don't threat, most damages you sustain can be healed by the nanites that were injected into you. They can heal injuries from cuts and fractures to organs being destroyed or nervous system damage. Though they cannot heal loss of limbs or prevent death completely, as they can be overworked.

As you progress through the tournament you'll realise people have charyeoks. 'What's a charyeok?' I hear you say. Well to put it simply, a charyeok is basically borrowed power from a god, demon or even human ghost(so you could if you want, have your charyeok literally be Bruce lee). When a charyeok is awakened, the user is able to shape it through imagination and empathy to make it their own unique ability. A charyeok can range from summoning an avatar or creature to fight on your behalf or create a weapon to assist you in battle. Though at the start charyeoks won't be used until further in the tournament.

The tournament will start off with the preliminary rounds, a typical free for all where only the contestants with the highest points will pass to the next round. Only 12 contestants will be able to get through to the next round which is the global rounds, which is a good old fashioned tournament(depending on how well the rp is going by then, I'll consider if I should skip this or not). Only 6 people will pass through. And now onto the final rounds, the global rounds. In this match up, people will be separated into teams of 3. The contestants will be placed on an island and will be forced to fight each other in a battle royal style battle. Only the winner of that battle royal will have their wish granted.

Rules:

• Shockingly you have to follow pokecharm's rules, now I wonder why [insert sarcasm]
  • Though this is a heavy combat rp, there will be plenty of times for character interaction
  • I won't deny romance but it isn't the main focus of this rp
  • If there are more than 6 Ocs, don't expect each one to get near the global battles
  • Add the words, Kiwi on Pizza, somewhere in your Bio to show that you've read the rules
  • Max number of character is 1, I'm only making 2 cause that way I can make the rp move forward easier.
  • No character will start off with Charyeoks, they won't be introduced till the global rounds
  • Only one person will be the key, and I've already decided who
  • Please don't be really OP when making your character, everyone has their flaws. I don't want someone's oc to be an edge lord who ha mastered 100+ martial arts and they can summon the sun as their charyeok.
  • Fighting styles can be made up, but as I said for the previous rule, don't make them too op.

Discord: https://discord.gg/TR5Gzpkk (Join the The god of Highschool rp Discord Server!)

Character Template-
Name:
Personality:
Fighting style:
Charyeok: (for much later on in the tournament)
Weapons: (if any)
Level: (7-9)
Hp: (400-750, keep in mind that just cause you will have a high level, you don't necessarily have a high hp)
Backstory: (include their reason for joining God of higschool)
Other:

Name: Kai Drache

Appearance: Standing at 5'9, and weighing around 130lbs. His muscles are lean and well tones, while also having tall and long figure. His eyes are a pale blue while his hair is a wispy pale blonde, which really helps sell his intimidation factor. Add that to his slightly pointed teeth and cold personality, he's a very intimidating foe. Normally Kai wears a wardrobe mostly associated with the colour green. Most times he wears a casual green cotton jacket, a pair of shorts and some combat boots.

Personality: Kai has a, per say, unique view on the world. He seems to be cold and loathsome, only tolerating people who don't get in the way of his ''dream''. For the most part he sticks to himself on a team and he isn't what most would call a leader, but when he's forced into the position he will lead with an iron fist. He doesn't believe in weakness and he is what most would call a power hungry person, always trying to get stronger.

Fighting style: He uses a unique style of shaolin kungfu, passed down the generations. This style incorporates strong kicks, fast flowing fists and powerful elbows and knees. It's all about forceful and energy packed attacks, while mostly focusing on attack rather than defence. The fighting style itself has no blocks whatsoever, only having techniques to dodge.

Charyeok: The dragon king, longwang, this is a weapon summon of the dragon king, longwang. It takes the form of a Guandao, a long spear like weapon he can split in two to go dual style. It allows him to have a somewhat control over the air, allowing him to send some long range attacks from air slashes to making large gusts of wind. He has some form of hydrokinesis, able to use existing bodies of water to create tendrils or send out a large pressure burst of it. Finally, Kai gains a slight control over the weather, this ability isn't his strongest ability since he cannot create massive storms but he can control some storms to an extent.

Weapons: Normally he doesn't use a weapon, but once his charyeok is unlocked he will be using the guandao

Level: 8

Hp: 520

Backstory: Born and abandoned at a young age, Kai was taken into foster care from a young age. Only thing is, the foster care actually ran a dojo. It was like boarding school but instead you were trained in shaolin kungfu. Well from a young age, Kai was a feisty child. Fighting at any chance he had, always being a brat, he wasn't the most liked to say the least. Deep down he viewed everyone there as family, he just never showed it. He only realised this when a fire broke loose through the dojo, killing almost everybody apart from him and a few other people. He decided to take part in the God of Highschool tournament, because his wish is to bring back all those who died in that fire.

Last edited:

KyuubiMaster

Previously RubyGus
Name: Lacus
Appearance: Lacus has Blue hair white skin Black pants and a blue cloak and blue shoes and under the clock is a blue hoodie
Personality: Lacus’s dislikes are kiwi and Lacus likes are Cooked fish and mostly Lacus Personality is barging in to other people talks
Fighting style: Sabulo is a Kungfu and swords men and he’s mostly close combat
Charyeok: Lacus is most called the Water Dragon King he can summon almost any water animal with his Aquarius Blade
Weapons: Aquarius Blade
https://www.google.com/search?q=aquarius+weapon&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS917US918&hl=en-US&prmd=insv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiFzeS_g93uAhWynuAKHdOMByAQ_AUoAXoECAoQAQ&biw=1024&bih=653&dpr=2#imgrc=T5E74K624fs6PM (aquarius weapon - Google Search)
Level: 9
Hp: 748
Backstory: Lacus came to God Highschool so he could train and learn kungfu moves and other things and when Lacus was a kid almost everyone bullied him and now he bullies the people who bullied him in the past
Other:

Last edited:

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
okay first off, your character has to be above 16 or at 16. Second you're gonna want to flesh out the backstory, personality and appearance. finally no, you cannot be aquarius' child. Everyone here is human, they will just soon unlock the borrowed power which means you cannot start off with borrowed power.

KyuubiMaster

Previously RubyGus
okay first off, your character has to be above 16 or at 16. Second you're gonna want to flesh out the backstory, personality and appearance. finally no, you cannot be aquarius' child. Everyone here is human, they will just soon unlock the borrowed power which means you cannot start off with borrowed power.
Oh ok sorry I will edit it

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
Name: Ninja Xcelor
Appearance: Ninja has black hair and very dark skin, making him look like his whole face is pitch black, he wears a light blue scarf and wears a brown leather motorcycle jacket, and wears jeans. Ninja has bandages around his arms and legs. He stands at 5' 11" and weighs 121 pounds
Personality: Ninja has been shown to be extremely serious and mature for his age, and to have great self-control. In battle, he is able to stay relatively calm in most situations and carefully look at the situation at hand.
Fighting style: Ninja uses a fighting style passed down from his family, which use quick kicks and punch's in specfic areas. It's also very defenseive, there are caculated blocks and dodges, included.
Charyeok: Athena, it gives him the ability see an enemies pressure points, but this takes a lot of energy, while usage.
Weapons: Ninja wields a spear given to him, by his mother.
Hp: 560
Backstory: Ninja was born into a family, which were skilled in martial arts of sorts. Ninja joined the god of highschool, to get stronger and earn glory, among his family and to prove what's he's worth.
Other: Kiwi on Pizza

Last edited:

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
you're gonna want to expand on the personality more, add his like, dislikes. And for appearance just metion what he looks like and not just his clothing style. Also question is the charyeok supposed to be similar to mine? @KyuubiMaster

@XxMrNinjaxX add more to his charyeok, like it's supposed to be an ability he borrowed from a god which he manifests using his imagination

KyuubiMaster

Previously RubyGus
you're gonna want to expand on the personality more, add his like, dislikes. And for appearance just metion what he looks like and not just his clothing style. Also question is the charyeok supposed to be similar to mine? @KyuubiMaster

@XxMrNinjaxX add more to his charyeok, like it's supposed to be an ability he borrowed from a god which he manifests using his imagination
No

Aright, here's my character!

Name: Coco Dune
Appearance: Coco has albinism, giving her extremely pale skin. She has blue eyes, and is kinda short. Although her hair was originally white, Coco dyed it black. She has it tied back in a ponytail. Coco wears a red tank top and black pants, and is barefoot. She's on the short side, and is slim but muscular. Wears black fingerless gloves. Coco also has a few scars, one across her throat and rectangular burn scar on her forearm. Coco carries around a small journal as well.
Personality: Coco has a pretty upbeat and friendly personality, always willing to meet new people and make new friends. However, when it comes to fighting she does get very cold and serious, going into fights very focused on achieving victory.
Fighting style: 52 Blocks (aka 'Jailhouse Rock'), passed down by her adopted parents. A very defensive fighting style, focused on blocks, dodges, counterattacks, and blocking opponents attacks in such ways that it hurts them more than it hurts her. Also has a bit of Muay Thai and Judo mixed in as well.
Charyeok: Coco's Charyeok is a shimmering semi-transparent suit of armor that vaguely appears similar to that of a knight's armor. It boosts her strength and defenses, while still letting her keep her agility. It also makes it harder for her to get knocked back or stunned by opponent's attacks. The charyeok is from the spirit of the knight Sir Galahad.
Weapons: None
Hp: 650
Backstory: Coco doesn't know much of her own backstory. She was found as a child by a poor married couple who raised her as their own. She was taught how to fight by her father, who was constantly in and out of prison. A few years ago, Coco's father was sent to prison for a crime he did not commit, and received a life sentence for it. Coco hopes to use her wish to free her father.
Other: Coco is mute, and uses her notebook and sign language to communicate.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
I AM HERE

to join yet another RP I know absolutely nothing about

I’ll be dropping a bio once I’ve seen a couple episodes lol

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
We will be starting when I feel like there are enough ocs for the tournament. Though it should be up around the weekends, maybe Friday

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Name: Lorelei “Lore” Rawlings
Appearance: Lorelei is, by all means, a beautiful girl. Pale, almost iridescent skin, brilliant violet eyes that seem to hold dark secrets, and silky black hair that catches the light with its golden highlights. However, it’s not exactly easy to see past the countless scars crisscrossing her body every which way. She wears large, baggy clothes to cover it, and when in combat she still covers every inch of skin she can without incapacitating herself. Her hair is long and tied near the ends, a few loose strands falling over her face. She has an athletic form with flexibility and speed that astounds the average person. A raised scar runs from the right side of her forehead and down her face, just barely missing her right eye, to come to a stop at the corner of her mouth.
Personality: Lorelei is ambiguous in just about every way. She’ll smile and say “I’m fine,” when it’s clear that she’s not, or say “Good job,” when you know you screwed up. It’s often impossible to tell what she actually means, since she doesn’t often employ facial expressions other than the occasional halfhearted smile that tries to draw attention away from the scar on her face. When she speaks, her tone always has a shadowy edge, as if she knows something terrible that no one else does, but has resigned herself to the fact that there is nothing she can do about it. Other than those quirks, Lore tends to be happy-go-lucky, trigger-happy, and a good sport, though she gets riled up easily.

Fighting style: Lorelei uses a khopesh, a sickle-like sword of Egyptian origin. She uses a modified style of arnis that embodies the idea of using an opponent’s strength against them, often using the curved, blunt edge to hook and redirect strikes, while the sharp edge cleaves through skin like a knife through butter. Its forward point of balance compensates for her lack of testosterone, as it picks up more momentum. The short blade on the hilt can be used at close range to drive an opponent back. Her pain tolerance is unusually high, as well as her sustainability without food or water, due to the time she spent wounded at the bottom of a long fall.

Key: Kirin: The kirin is a creature of peace and righteousness. As a protector or humankind for thousands of years, it coexisted with humans, resolving conflicts with its calm and peaceful presence. Its step was so light that not a single blade of grass was crushed beneath its hooves, and it would never willingly harm another living creature. However, as man began to turn from peaceful farmers to fearsome warmongers, the kirin was forced into hiding. It awaits judgement day, when it may bring upon man the punishment that had accumulated over the centuries.
As the kirin key’s vessel, Lore gains its power when she transforms. In kirin form, her hair becomes wild and untamed, shot through with streaks of electric blue and mint green. Pale, ribbon-like tendrils flow from her temples, two on each side, and large, backswept horns that appear similar to a stag’s antlers are tangled in her hair. Her legs shift into the delicate hooved hind legs of a deer, but coated in bluish silver scales. A long, thin, blue-black tail with a small flame at the end completes the look.
In terms of power, Lorelei has a few main attacks when in kirin form. The first is Judgement Call: if the user is touching the target at the time this power is used, a figurative coin is flipped; there is a 50% chance that an explosion will occur at the point of contact immediately, and a 50% chance that it will have a delayed effect, and explode when least expected. The second is Disorient: the user’s motions are all completely silent, unless they purposely make a noise, and gravity has a lessened effect on them; this has a disorienting effect on the opponent. The third is Holy Fire: in order for this attack to have an effect, the user has to take a hit before using it, essentially a revenge counter. I may add more to the list if we get to that point.

Weapons: Khopesh, though she does have a decent enough knowledge of arm locks and judo throws, as well as how to avoid them if her weapon happens to get knocked away
Hp: 645

Backstory: Lorelei was born into a family of thirteen; a father, a mother, and eleven brothers. Being the youngest, not to mention a girl, left her to do housework for the family with her mother, picked on by her brothers, and often expected to be the one to defer to everyone else. Her brothers, each a year apart in age, all trained at her father’s dojo and each learned various styles. Eventually, the oldest four became teachers at the dojo, and the majority of them had competed in the previous God of Highschool tournaments.

Tired of being stuck at home while her brothers trained to become stronger, Lorelei asked her father if she, too, could enroll in the dojo. When she was refused, but wouldn’t give up, her father grew enraged and struck her, resulting in the scar across her face. Once she had healed, her life went back to the way it always had... until one day, when a massive earthquake hit, and she fell down into a deep ravine that opened up and left for dead.

Somehow, the girl survived. Scavenging for food and groundwater, losing more blood than was probably healthy, she came across a strange weapon that was unearthed by the quake. Once her wounds had healed, an exhausted and nutrition-deprived Lorelei used the sickle-like sword to make her way out of the ravine. She vowed to become stronger, adopting the alias Lore and passed as a boy, entering a dojo and training with the weapon she had found.

Someday, I will find my family again. And I will prove to them that I was better than they ever could be.

Other: I don’t know why people don’t like fruits on pizza. Like, seriously? Pineapple, cranberry, kiwi on pizza... you kidding? That’s some tasty crap, man, tasty.

Last edited: