• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Kamehale Region RP

If you're interested, sign up here! https://pokecharms.com/threads/kamehale-region-sign-up-and-discussion.15841/

@*that* guy
@Blake Star
@Nintenduck and
@Asriel Hydreigon-murr feel free to join whenever you want

It was finally time, and Cassie had just woken up. Professor Sakura, who's the professor of the Kamehale region, gave Cassie the offer to start on her own Pokemon journey. Cassie got ready, and was ready to leave her house, but before she did, she told her dad, "I'm going to make you regret you never chose me to have my own Pokemon!" Her father responded with, "I hope you're right." Cassie had a determined smile, and was starting to tear up a little. She went all the way to the professor's lab, which, in her luck, was located in the same town she's from, Forrestail Town. When she arrived it was vacant, and as soon as she stepped foot, Professor Sakura jumped out of nowhere and spooked Cassie. Cassie with a shocked expression, and shaky voice said, "Oh, it's just you, Professor Sakura," and then Cassie switched personality's quickly, and said, "so, when do I get my starter Pokemon!" Professor Sakura chuckled a little, and said, "I hope you don't mind, but some other trainers are coming here too, we will start as soon as they come." "Oh, fine," Cassie responded.

Daniel ran through the small rodes of Forrestail Town. He was excited to be able to get his very own Pokemon. He new his parents would tell him to become a Professor, like his uncle in the Kalos region. Daniel knew that he evervwent back to his own home, more beatenings would be awaiting him. He rushed to the Professor's lab and burst through the door. He groaned as he saw a girl," Ugh, I didn't know I'd have to be rivals with scum like you."

As the guy walked into the lab, Cassie thought, "Uuh, he might be a nice guy," but then he remarked in a rude matter, so Cassie thought, "Nevermind." Cassie responded with, "Who in there right minds would want to be rivals with a jerk like you!" Professor Sakura noticed the sudden backlash and said, "You're Daniel, am I correct? To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Yep, I'm here to claim my starter Pokemon and become the Kamehale Champion," Daniel said with a prideful look on his face. He then turned to Cassie," Well, most rivals show sympathy, but you'll get no sympathy, I'm out to destroy you in Pokemon Battling."

It was a beautiful morning as Jack Grief walked through the forest in which he lived in for the past 8 or so years. Time didn't matter to him though. For him if you wanted something done, you did it right then and there, so there he was walking to the nearest town hoping there was a gym leader. Walking beside him was Pierre, the swinub he had rescued who had inspired him to become champion. Soon they saw the town up ahead. The town was known as forrestail, not that he'd know that, for lacked the ability to read, but made up for it in pure determination. Now finally he was in the town. He looked quite out of place, as he looked as if he was living in the forest for 8 years, which of course, he was. He then walked past a lab. He new what it was, but decided there would be nothing of interest inside. Instead he walked up to the first person he came across and asked, "Is there a gym in this town?"

The man replied to Jack, "Sorry, young man, but this town doesn't have any gyms. Are you even an official Pokemon trainer? If not, then you should head to the professor's lab so that you can get registered as a trainer."

Cassie was getting annoyed with the guy, "What kind of sympathy are you trying to show!? You called me a scum!" Professor Sakura interfered with Cassie and Daniel once again, and said, "Now, now, now, why don't we get yourselves a starter Pokemon?" Cassie then became excited, "Yes, please!"

Last edited:
Jack, feeling embarrassed with the fact that he didn't know you had to be registered, turned around without speaking, and started walking back to the lab, with Pierre following close behind. "I'll just go in, get registered or whatever, and then go straight to the nearest town with a gym," he thought to himself. Walking up to the lab, it reminded him of how he used to live near a lab when he lived in Kalos. But not wanting to remember his past, he pushed it out of his head and walked in.

As Professor Sakura was talking to Cassie and Daniel, she noticed the stranger who walked into the lab. "Oh, and who might you be?" asked Professor Sakura to the stranger. Cassie looked at the stranger, and thought, "I wonder who this guy is? I just really hope he's better than this Daniel guy."

As Jack walked in, he saw that there were two others in the room and hoped he wouldn't have to interact with them. "I'm Jack," he replied. "I was told that I have to be registered to become an official pokemon trainer, and that if I wanted to be registered, I would have to come here." Pierre hid behind Jack as he said this, as it was shy towards most humans.

Professor Sakura told Jack, "Oh, why of course! The process is simple, all I have to do is give you your Pokedex and Trainer's License, and then you're all ready to go!" Professor Sakura grabbed a camera, out of nowhere, and took a picture of Jack. "This picture is going to be on your license," said Professor Sakura. Professor Sakura went into a room, and after a few minutes she came out with a Pokedex and Trainer's License. Professor Sakura handed Jack both of these items, and said, "Here you go! Now go, have your own Pokemon adventure!"

When the professor came out of the room with the pokedex and licence, Jack took them, only muttering a quick "Thank you," before rushing out with Pierre, not wanting to have to interact with the other two. Once out of the lab, he held his pokedex up in front of Pierre, just to make sure it worked, and sure enough, it did. He then walked up to another person, making sure it wasn't the one from before, and asked, "Um, excuse me, where is the nearest town with a gym?"

The woman replied to Jack, "The nearest gym's at Nimbula City."

Cassie couldn't wait anymore, and said, "Hey, Professor Sakura, when are we going to get our starter Pokemon?" Professor Sakura then responded with, "Oh, I'm sorry. Come now, follow me." Professor Sakura took Cassie and Daniel to a room filled with hundreds of Pokeballs. "WOAH! There are so many Pokeballs here!" exclaimed Cassie. "The Kamehale region is the central region for trading since we have so many different valuable items and Pokemon because of the size of this region, and because we trade Pokemon, some of the Pokemon that we keep are starters from other regions. Enough chit-chat, however, it's time to choose your starter Pokemon!" said Professor Sakura. Professor Sakura then threw a lot of Poke-balls in the air, the starter Pokemon that came out ranged from Kanto to Alola. It was difficult for Cassie to decide which starter she wanted, but she then finally decided. "I'll take this one!" Cassie exclaimed as she picked up the Froakie. The Froakie seemed really excited, and Cassie said, "I hope we become the best of friends!" Professor Sakura said, "Why, that's a good decision."

Hearing this, Jack walked away without saying a word with Pierre following close behind. They found a way out of the town that led to Nimbula city. After walking for a few minutes Jack said to his small friend, "We should probably catch another pokemon so we'll have a stronger team." Pierre nodded at this, and they went of the path to try to find a pokemon. Luckily they've been around there many times and new the area very well. After searching for a while, Pierre pointed out a rufflet in a tree. It was very small and overall quite unintimidating, but Jack new about the strength it would wield once evolved. He dedcided then and there that he wanted this rufflet on his team.

"What," Daniel cursed," I was going to choose Froakie." He shuffled through Pokeballs looking for another Pokemon he wanted. He was not enjoying not having a Froakie.

Professor Sakura looked at how distraught Daniel was, so she said, "Daniel, don't you worry. Like I said before, because of our trading we have so many Pokemon." She went into one of the shelf's that held many Poke-balls, and Professor Sakura found a Poke-ball. Professor Sakura then chucked the ball into the air, and out came a Froakie. "See, Daniel, nothing to worry about," Cassie said, trying to reassure Daniel, just because he was mean, doesn't mean she has to be too.

"Yes!" Daniel said with joy as he caught Froakie," You're going to be the best Greninja out there!" Froakie looked at the scars on Daniels wrists in between his coat and gloves. Daniel noticed and whispered," I'll tell you about that later." He teared up a bit at the sight of his scars as his past started to catch up to him.

Cassie noticed the tears running down Daniel's face, and felt a bit bad, so she said, "Woah, Daniel, are you OK? What happened?" Cassie didn't know what to say, this just happened all of a sudden.

"Oh, it's nothing," Daniel said reassuringly as he wiped the tears out of his eyes. Daniel let Froakie onto his shoulder and said," Well, I'm off to Nimbula City, catch ya' later." His heart was slightly warmed by Froakie's presenece, but still wanted a heavily competetive Rival."I'll battle you there!"

Jack stared at the rufflet thinking of his plan of attack. "Alright," he whispered to Pierre, "the plan is that we'll sneak up to it so that it doesn't notice us, the attack it, okay?" Pierre nodded in agreement and they started to sneak close. Unfortunately, there was a twig on the ground, which Pierre stepped on, alerting the rufflet to their presence. Frightened, it swooped towards the using peck, but was hit by Pierre's powder snow at the the last second, and fell to the ground, and started to cry. "Maybe we went a little hard on it," Jack started. But before he could say anything else, the rufflet jumped back up and knocked Pierre back with peck. "You little trickster!" Jack exclaimed. "Now I know I'm going to catch you." The rufflet laughed thinking there was no way it could lose, but Jack threw a pokeball at it without thinking, and because of it's low level, the rufflet was captured. "Finaly," Jack said holding the pokeball in his hand. "I'm going to call you Talon"

"All right, I'll see you there!" Cassie told Daniel with a determined look in her eyes. "Goodbye, professor!" Cassie said as she exited the lab. "I hope to see you two again, someday!" responded the professor. "I know that those two will become some of the best trainers this region has ever seen, I believe it," thought the professor.

As Cassie was walking to Nimbula City, she noticed the trainer who went into the lab earlier. Cassie thought it would be nice to talk to him because he seemed like a nice guy, "Hi there, my name's Cassie! I saw you when I was in the professor's lab," she said. She then looked at the Swinub, who looked as if it was trying to hide. "I think your Swinub is cute, I just got this Froakie from the professor," Cassie said as she petted her Froakie's head.

Daniel sprinted into Nimbula City. He rushed to the Pokemon center and passed by Cassie. "Hey, I just did some heavy training with Froakie, we're really tough now," Daniel looked at the swing and said,"Hmm, looks pretty weak, well, I'm going to the gym, I'll battle you the Cassie!"

Pierre seemed happy as Cassie said that. "My names Jake," Jake replied to her. he thought about how he probably needed to train before battling the gym. "How about we have a battle, since we both just started off." Since he new she had a froakie, he new Pierre wouldn't be very good against it, but it would be a perfect chance to level up Talon.

Daniel strolled up into the gym. He kicked the door open and said,"Kaira , I'm here to challenge you!" Daniel pointed at the flying-type gym leader. Froakie mimicked his trainer and exclaimed,"Fro-okie!"

Last edited:
As Daniel ran passed Cassie and Jack, and said what he had to, Cassie responded with, "Don't you worry, I'm going to train my Froakie as well!" Jack then requested a battle, and Cassie responded with, "Of course, I love any challenge! Come on out Froakie!" Froakie then jumped off of Cassie's shoulder. "I'm ready when you are!" Cassie exclaimed.

Now Jack was ready for his little surprise. "Go, Talon!" he called out, as he sent his pokemon into battle. Talon flew into the air and landed on the ground in front of Froakie, trying to look intimidating, but ended up looking kind of stupid. "Alright Talon, use fury attack!" Jack exclaimed, and the small bird like pokemon followed his order accordingly.

"Don't underestimate me!" Cassie said, a little excited. "Now, Froakie, use Pound!" Cassie ordered. Because Froakie was much faster than the Rufflet, he was able to hit first, and used Pound on the Rufflet, but the Rufflet was still able to hit the Fury Attack. "Heh, this is getting me excited, so don't you dare not go all out!" Cassie exclaimed. Cassie just couldn't believe she was having her first battle.

Talon glared at the Froakie as if the froakie killed it's family, once again trying to be intimidating and once again failing. "I was going to go easy on you," Jack replied, even though that wasn't true. "But now we'll have to use our secret weapon. Talon use Wing Attack!" The small rufflet hurdled towards it's opponent, wings outspread, ready to attack.

"Oh, you were, were you? Well then, I'll show you how strong I really am! Froakie, quick, before you get hit with the Wing Attack, use a powerful Bubble attack!" Cassie exclaimed. Froakie did as he was told, so as soon as Talon was going to use Wing Attack, Froakie hit the Rufflet with what seemed to be like a machine gun of Bubbles. This did a lot of damage to Talon, but the Wing Attack wasn't any joke either. "Hmm, this battle is getting very interesting," said Cassie.

Talon had taken a lot of damage from the last attack and Jack was getting worried. So he decided to do the most annoying thing he could do in a battle. He took out a potion and used it on Talon. Now healed up Talon looked as if it hadn't even been hit yet. "Okay, let's finish this!" Jack exclaimed. "Used wing attack from behind!" Suddenly Talon swooped above Froakie and came down behind it, hoping to catch it off guard.

"Oh... you!" Cassie exclaimed annoyed, but Cassie and Froakie could easily spot Talon's attack, so Froakie dodged it. "We're not going to lose that easily!" Cassie exclaimed. Cassie then took out a Potion of her own, and used it on Froakie. "What do you think I am, an amateur!?" Cassie responded, "I also have Potions of my own!" Cassie was even more determined then ever, "Now, Froakie, use another powerful Bubble attack!" This time, Froakie made a huge swarm of Bubble's, it was basically impossible to avoid, and it hit Talons. "Heh heh, I'm not going to lose that easily!" Cassie exclaimed.

Jack started to get annoyed as Talon was hit by bubble. He new that to win this battle he would have to get creative. Then he got an idea. "Talon, use peck while spinning," he said. The small rufflet did as it was told and started spinning in the air toward Froakie. Jack new if this hit, it would do more damage because of the added speed, and if Froakie tried to use bubble, the bubbles would be popped.

As Cassie noticed the predicament that she was stuck in, she thought of a plan. "Froakie, hurry up and jump to the highest in the air!" Cassie ordered Froakie. Froakie then jumped really high in the air, and then Cassie added, "Now, take him out with a Pound!" Froakie, with such high speeds, went and attacked Talon from above. This cause Talon to not be able to respond fast enough to use Peck. "That was a good idea, but it had its flaws. First of all, since your Rufflet was spinning, it could do nothing but spin, and secondly, now its dizzy," Cassie said, as she pointed at Talon, who had squiggly eyes and was running around the place.

Jack started to feel frustrated since it seemed like whatever he did somehow Cassie would be able to counter it. He really didn't know what to do at that point. Talon was dizzy, and just running around. At least that's what Talon wanted them to think. Suddenly, while close to Froakie it quickly used fury attack, hitting it directly, without needing it's trainers command.

Cassie was surprised, and exclaimed, "Hey, that wasn't fair! Your Rufflet attacked my Froakie while it was off gaurd!" Froakie took a lot of damage from that Fury Attack, but it refused to give up. "That's the spirit, Froakie! Now use Bubble!" Cassie ordered. Cassie felt like this battle would take forever, but the excitement just made her want to keep on going. Froakie after getting hit with the Fury Attack, quickly went behind Talon and used another Bubble attack.

Talon however, was ready, and used peck to pop the bubbles. After that it flew up and started lying in circles. Jack had no idea what was going on, but decided to make it look like he did. "Looks like my strategy's working," he said.

Cassie was surprised of how much of a great battler Jack was. "Hahaha, I'm having so much fun! I can't wait till' were even stronger trainers!" Cassie exclaimed. But Cassie didn't waist anytime, she had to think of a strategy quick. Cassie than said, "Froakie jump around the tree's surrounding us so that you can get high enough to reach Talon's!" Froakie was jumping all over the tree's, but before he was able to attack Talon; some cages appeared and captured Froakie and Talon. "What the...!?" Cassie exclaimed. Two strangers than appeared, and they had the letter A on their shirts. "Who the heck are you!?" exclaimed Cassie. "Who are we!? Are you seriously asking us that, we are the most vile beings in all of Kamehale! WE ARE TEAM ANNIHILATION!" exclaimed one of the strangers. "Jack! I know you might not like this idea, but you're the only one with a Pokemon right now, so I need you to fight these guys!" Cassie exclaimed. She seemed pretty angered, but it was only because she wanted her Froakie back. "You, fight us? You gotta' be joking! Come on out, Poochyena!" exclaimed the grunt.

The Team Annihilation Grunt couldn't believe it; he lost to a kid. "Why...you! Next time won't be as easy! Just you wait! TEAM ANNIHILATION IS GOING TO MAKE YOU REGRET WHAT YOU'VE DONE!" exclaimed the grunt. The other grunt whispered into the grunt's ear, "Let's just take the Pokemon, and lets go!" "OK," responded the grunts. The grunts were then running away, but Cassie somehow was able to catch up to them. "What the!?" exclaimed one of the grunts, but then Cassie punched the grunt right in the stomach. "What the heck are you!?" exclaimed the grunt. Cassie then kicked both grunts, causing them to fly in the air (just like Team Rocket). Luckily, the Pokemon were left on the ground and Cassie was able to free them. Cassie was sweating and exhausted, and she then said, "Woo, I guess I overdid myself. From battling you, and fighting those grunts, I sure am exhausted. Can we just go to the Pokemon Center and rest?"

As Kaira was in her gym, she noticed a kid walk in with a Froakie, and the kid requested a battle. "Um, kid, do you even know who I am? I'm Kaira, the eighth and final gym leader! Do you even have one badge, yet? Sorry, kid, but I'm not going to let you battle me, until you gain seven badges! Until then, bye," Kaira said. Kaira then pulled a lever which caused Daniel and Froakie to fall into a giant hole, which lead to outside of the gym.

Last edited:
Jack had to admit, after all that fighting, he was kind of tired. "Yeah, okay," he replied. There should probably be one in Nimbula city, which is where a gym is, so we should probably go there. Now free, Talon flew onto Jack's shoulder, and started to rest. "I guess he agrees," he said jokingly. Jack was actually surprised he had already developed a friendship with someone after being a trainer for just one day. He wondered to himself if it were this easy for everyone to make friends.

"Yeah, we deserve a rest for what has happened," Cassie said. Jack then said that they should head to the gym at Nimbula City, and Cassie freaked out. "No no no no no no, we should not head to the gym at Nimbula City, it's gym leader is the eighth gym leader, which means they're the final one. We have to get the other seven badges before challenging the gym there," Cassie responded.