• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Life of Highschoolers

"I'm telling you now, do this and you'll regret it for the rest of your life." Even said, trying to suppress his growing frustration, but this other guy wasn't gonna let it die.

"Think you scare me punk, do something about it!" The guy said with a smirk. Even let out a sigh as he balled his hands into fists.

Well, I tried.

Before he could do anything, he saw Laura walk up to him and the other guy.

"Henry! Leave Even alone!" Laura said, as she stepped in between the two boys, and got up in Henry's face. "Always so pathetic!" Henry told her, smacking her in the cheek. But Laura didn't flinch, she just turned back to Henry, glaring from her deep eye. "And to think I ever liked you." she said, as she grabbed his collar. Laura didn't want to, but her instinct got the best of her, and she punched him in the gut.

Even looked on in wide eyed surprise as Laura just punched the guy, Henry, in the gut. She had some deceptive strength as he fell to his knees coughing. The altercation soon attracted some unwanted attention.

"What is going on!?" Mr. Hubor yelled coming out of the math class, as he stared the three down.

"S-she punched me!" Henry coughed out, pointing at Laura. Mr. Hubor looked on surprised, but before he could say anything Even cut him off.

"No sir, it was me. I caused all this. It was my fault." Even said. Why? He couldn't tell you, but he wasn't willing to let Laura go down for this; for whatever reason.

"Well that makes more sense. Henry, go to the nurse. Laura, get back to class and Even you come with me to the Principle's office. You need to be reminded what happens when you don't listen to our warnings." Mr. Hubor said as he began to lead Even to the office.

"Wait!" Laura yelled. "I need to take full blame for this...Henry was bothering Even, and before he started to fight, I cut him off, and punched him in the gut." Laura implied, telling the truth on the story. "Even had nothing to do with it, and I am fully responsible." Laura said, looking at the ground, feeling bad she had done so.

Mr. Hubor looked on in surprise, though his expression was nothing compared to Even's who looked at the girl as if she grew a second head.

"I-it's true! This brat attacked me, but that guy isn't innocent! He got me going, it's both their faults." Henry said getting back to his feet. Mr. Hubor let out a sigh.

"At this point I don't know what to think. Something like this surprises me from you Laura, and I want to give Even the benefit of the doubt, but his history shows that isn't a wise decision. I'll just have the three of you go to the office with me. That way we can get this story straightened out." Mr. Hubor explained.

"Okay..." Laura said, glumly, as she followed Mr. Hubor to the office. Laura really didn't like Henry, but after the principal found out the story, Even would become innocent, Henry would, hopefully, get expelled, after hearing him and Laura's backstory, and Laura would still be in trouble, but she wouldn't care much.

The three soon sat down in the Pinciple's officee Mr. Hubor standing by the door and the Principle sitting behind the desk.

"So, anyone want to explain what happened?" The Principle asked.

"Yeah, I was minding my own business in the bathroom when this punk bumped into me. We went outside and I wanted to show him that isn't how you treat others..." Henry started to explain, before Even let out a laugh cutting him off.

"How noble. Does your story involve rescuing the princess form a castle too?" Even said with a smirk. The Principle shot Even a glare.

"I wouldn't be talking. Remember you're already on thin ice as it is." The Principle said causing Even to frown before he let out a sigh.

"I know my words don't mean much, but really I didn't do anything this time. Neither did Laura. We were just reacting to this jerk's provocation." Even said causing Henry to shoot him a glare.

"Part of me wants to believe you, but your history doesn't help your case." The Principle explained. Even looked at the ground. Of course, why would he expect his words to mean anything.

"He's telling the truth!" Laura said abruptly. "Henry was being a jerk, and that's when they were about to fight, so I stepped in and punched Henry. So most of this is my fault." Laura said, as she gave Henry a strong, and firm glare. "And Henry's been bugging me for my whole life, ever since I told him I liked him. Which means, beating me up, every single day." Laura said, getting aggravated.

"Is this true?" The Principle asked, surprised that what she had assumed a model student like Henry was being accused of something so horrible.

"W-what? Of course not! You're not gonna believe their words are you?" Henry said, stuttering over being called out like this. Even looked up at Laura, surprised she was sticking up for him again. No one had ever done that for him.

"Is it just me, or did they just make the most blatant excuses of all time to get out of class early?" He asked Lis as the bell rang.

He picked up his coffee mugs and placed them back into the holders in his satchel. Waving to Lis, he walked out of the room and weaved his way through some people to get to his locker.

The best part about his locker, it was coincidentally across the hall from Lis and next to a couple of other emos.

"Sup dude" One of his friends came up to him and punched his locker open. "You hear 'bout Laura puching Henry? She actually knocked the air out of 'em"

Rev was shocked, Laura, the one girl he was sure would never do anything to defend herself, actually punched Henry, and he missed it all! He didn't know what he was more disappointed in, the fact that Henry, a football player, actually got the air knocked out of him by a girl or the fact that he missed the event go down. Ah well, only so much trouble a person could get into.

"Peace bro" the emo said as he ran to catch up with one of his friends.

He looked around to see if Lis had gotten to her locker yet, but she hadn't shown up yet. He decided that English could wait.

Lis stood out of her chair cracking her back along the way. Before she reached the hall, somebody stopped her. One of Henry's friends. “Hey, Lis, did you hear what just happened?” Lis response was a raised eyebrow. “Henry just got knocked out by Laura, that girl who got babied in class,” he laughed. Lis snickered.

“Henry deserved it. He's been a jerk to her since forever,” she replied, smiling as she left the room and went off for her locker. She saw Rev and smiled a bit, turning to open her locker and put her books away. Grabbing her other books, she shut the locker and headed for her next class.

Rev smiled back, feeling like a doofus. As soon as she left he banged his locker door shut. "Really? Just smiling? That's not even EMO!" He muttered as he picked up his bag and began to walk to his next class. Lis made it hard to be emo, that's for sure. Every now mad then he caught himself doing things he normally wouldn't even consider, like trying to be social or caring about life. She was annoying I never that perspective.

"It is true!" Laura said, as she stood from her seat. "He's been bullying me forever, and now he's in Even's way! I knew they were about to start fighting, so I stood up to Even, finally, and punched him! It doesn't feel good to punch someone..." Laura said, speaking the last part to herself, as she looked at her hand. "English is starting in my schedule though, I don't want to be late!" She said, looking at the clock in the office.

The Principle let out a sigh.

"Can't say this isn't disappointing. Even, you are free to go. Laura and Henry will serve detention after school today, then Henry you'll bring your mother with you for a Parent Teacher Conference tomorrow. I'm sure your mother will want to hear of your behavior." The Principle said.

"This is ridiculous!" Henry said, standing up in anger.

"Not another word. Now all of you go back to class. Have a nice day and don't make this a repeat incident." The Principle said as Even, Laura and Henry left the office. Henry stormed off in anger. Even looked at Laura.

"Why? You could have gotten out of trouble if you just didn't say anything. You didn't owe me anything." Even asked Laura, confused why she stuck up for him the way she did.

"Well, the thing is, Henry's a jerk, and I don't want you getting into trouble, because of him. And I hate it when I did something, and someone else took the blame. Then I feel queasy, and I just know it's not right..." Laura said, as she walked over to her locker and grabbed her English stuff. A notebook and spare pencil, since her math stuff was in the classroom. "I'm glad that's over with..." Laura said, as she looked at Even. "Am I right?" She said, giving a cute chuckle.

Even was speechless. His entire life no one had ever helped him. Everyone always assumed the worst from him. Even had accepted it would be him vs. the world, but this girl still helped him even when she didn't have to. Eventually Even couldn't help but let out a smile.

"Yeah." Even said before turning to go to PE class. However, he soon stopped and looked behind him back at Laura.

"Thank you." Even said before walking off to class.

"Don't mention it..." Laura said, as she walked off to English. Laura looked at her feet the whole time she walked to class, and then saw her teacher. "I hope we have no "incidents" in class, right Laura?" The blond headed teacher said, giving her a tilted head, and wide eyes. "You can trust me!" Laura said, as she took her seat. "Let me start a bit early today. We are gonna learn newer words, and let's see if you know what they mean. Laura, hypothermia. "Um..." Laure said, as she started to sweat. "Tsk tsk..." The teacher said. She then announced, "F" in front of the whole class. Laura just slumped I her desk, as the teacher asked if anyone. Else knew it.

"Well, hypo is a Greek prefix, meaning 'low' and thermia is a Greek suffix regarding temperature level, so we can conclude that the word means having a low temperature, and as a medical term, low enough to endanger your life." Rev said while reading a book in the back of the class. Just because he was emo didn't mean he didn't have to know things.

"I don't want to see any jogging, hustle!"

The whistle of the PE teacher became a sound to fear. Students learned quickly this guy was more of a drill sergeant than a teacher. Even found himself running around campus, the teacher deciding the begin class with a couple laps around the school because a couple students were late.

"And to think, he wouldn't even crack my top five worst teacher's list." Even said to himself as he finished his last lap.

"Very good, Rev. A plus!" The teacher said, marking something on her clip board. "Okay,
Infectious mononucleosis." The teacher said. Laura, knowing this word, rose her hand in the air, and was called on. "Infectious Mononucleosis is often called mono, or the kissing disease, is an infection with the Epstein-Barr virus. It's depressing..." Laura said, thinking about her grandma. Her grandma didn't have mono, but she had cancer. Lung cancer.

“Good. A minus,” the teacher said to Laura. She scanned the room, spotting Lis, who had sat herself near the back. “You, miss Fifer. Benevolent.”

Lis sighed. “Benevolent means the opposite of cruel, or mean. It basically means friendly or kind.” The teacher nodded with approval.

Laura slumped in her desk even farther. She defined it perfectly, and still got an A minus. The teacher wrote down something under Lis' name, that Laura caught a glimpse of. An A plus. "Of course..." Laura whispered under her breath. "Did you say something, Laura?" the teacher said, sending a straight glare at Laura. "No." Laura lied, looking away from her.

(Please ask on the discussion page, @RareRose15 )

Laura had a giant pit, that soon entered her stomach, still thinking about how she punched Henry in the stomach, and how she lied to a teacher. She swore to herself to stay away from that side of her. People would soon start thinking that this new side of her was why she was bullied or something like that.

Even was called out early from his PE class. This was expected. There was a "special" little 30-minute session with a counselor for students with troubled track records like Even. Principle explained it as a way for "those kind" of students to get a chance to talk with someone in private and release any bundled up tension. Even thought it was a load of garbage, but he wasn't in position to protest.

Suddenly, Principal Eli walked into the English room. "Laura, a word?" he said, as she motioned for her to go into the hall. As Laura slipped out of her desk, and into the hall, Principal Eli said, "After you punched Henry, we've decided to sign you up for counseling, with Even." Laura's insides turned to ice. How could she explain this to her parents over the phone? Laura followed Principal Eli to the counselors office, and was greeted by a lady with glasses, and short blond hair. "Hello, Ms. Pinto." Laura said with a sigh.

Even looked at Laura with wide eyed surprise. Why was she here? Laura didn't belong in this session, this was for the really screwed up kids, not someone just trying to defend herself. Even decided to speak his mind.

"Hold the phone, Ms. Pinto, Laura is not like me or the other students you talk with here. She's not a screw up. There has to have been some sort of mix up." Even said to Ms. Pinto.

Eva payed no mind to the teacher as she called on students to define words. She was wrapped up in her own little world, once again caught up in a book. She flipped the page occasionally, too into her book to notice any of what was going on around her. Maybe there was a point where she somewhat paid attention, but the lure of the book took her in before she could even catch what it was doing to her attention span.

"No one is a screw up, Even." Principal Eli interrupted. "Laura is here because she usually doesn't punch kids in the gut, so we're trying to calm her down a bit." Principal Eli continued. At the words of his, even though she didn't want to, a couple tears fell down her cheek, and she bit her lip, as she sit down. "Now, where were we..." Ms. Pinto said

Back in English class, Mrs. Weston called on Eva. "Can you define the word, paleontologist?" Mrs. Weston said, clearly paying attention to Eva, who wasn't paying attention.

Eva jumped and looked up, only really hearing her name. "Oh... I uh... may you please repeat that, ma'am?" Eva said, a blush of embarrassment slowly creeping across her face as she locked onto Mrs.Weston's gaze.

Even let out a sigh, he hated this part. Open with something good that happened today, helps get the meetings off to a positive start. What a load.

"Well, I didn't get into a fight. That's a good thing that happened to me, I guess." Even said which only caused Ms. Pinto to raise an eyebrow at him.

"Come on, nothing good happened today? Not even 'I saw some pretty flowers' or something?" Ms. Pinto said. Even let out a sigh, then he thought of Laura and gave an answer.

"Well, I met this one person who didn't think I was worthless. Actually this person treated me...nice. Not used to that." Even said, keeping Laura's name out of it.

"Really? And how did it make you feel?" Ms. Pinto said, surprised at Even's answer. Even took a moment to think about it.

"It felt...good." Even said with a small smile, before he frowned and looked at the ground as he wondered why he just said that.

Last edited:
Laura smiled at Even's answer, completely oblivious to the fact he meant her. "And you, Laura?" Ms. Pinto asked. "Well, after a lot of months at Handrakes, I never had a friend, and I was all alone...and now I have two." Laura said, keeping in mind Aspen, and Even. She smiled at the floor, wiping away her tears from a few minutes ago. In Laura's opinion, she wasn't even sure if Even considered her a 'friend' but Laura took him as one.

"You need to listen dear. This is your only warning." Mrs. Wesington said, giving Eva a stern look. "Can you define the word 'paleontologist'" Mrs. Wesington repeated.

Did...did she just call me her...friend? No that can't be right. She's just confused, I mean...who would want to be friends with me?

Even kept his look at pure shock away from Laura while Ms. Pinto made some notes before moving onto the next "activity" for the session.

"Alright, time for a trust exercise. I know it is cliche, but we'll do the falling down test. Now let's see...Even and Laura why don't you pair up? You each take a turn being the one to fall." Ms. Pinot explained as Even let out a sigh before he turned to Laura.

"So, you want to fall or should I first?" Even asked.

"I'll fall." Laura said with a smile. She wanted to sky dive some day, and she needed to learn how to fall with trust (Puns! Kind of...) so she decided that falling first would be a fine idea. She got in front of Even, and crossed her arms over to touch the opposite shoulder. She closed her eyes, and leaned back.

It was easy enough for Even to catch Laura. The fact the girl trusted him enough for this though was something Even couldn't help but frown at. In his mind, it proved nothing. Even still struggled with the idea that Laura actually considered him her friend and would actually trust him. Even then moved into position and readied himself for the drop. All Even had to do was trust Laura not to let him fall. Just trust her...

Don't worry Even, I'll always be here for you. Trust me...

Even stood in place, body frozen and unable to move as he would not drop. Ms. Pinto noticed and took a note on it.

Laura noticed Even's body froze, as she was about to catch him. Could he not trust her? This made Laura feel a tang of pain in her gut, but not as bad as when she felt guilty about something. She thought maybe she should encourage him with something. "It's okay, Even I'll catch you!" she said, with a slight chuckle, ready for him to drop.

Even let out a sigh before turning to Laura.

"Sorry, it's not you. It's just....I'll just fall now." Even said before he looked forward and dropped back, waiting for Laura to catch him like she said she would.

Laura caught him, like she said she would. This was more fun then she thought counseling would ever be. She hoped that Ms. Pinto would keep the fun going, and skip on the, 'What happened', or, 'How do you feel' kind of junk, that Laura felt, didn't help as much as Ms. Pinto thought it did.

"I... Yes ma'am." Eva replied. "Isn't a paleontologist..." She thought for a moment. "Someone who studies fossils?" She answered, ending it as a question.

Ms. Pinto gave a nod before she wrote down some more notes as she prepared the next and final activity for the session. Ms. Pinto handed both Even and Laura a blank piece of paper and some colored pencils.

"This final activity of the session is simple. Draw something you dream about. The image could be apstract or detailed. However there are no written words allowed. You may hand your paper to me and leave the room when you are finished...after you show the other what you've drew." Ms. Pinto said as Even let out a sigh. Really he didn't know what to do, and he really didn't want to show Laura whatever he decided to draw, but Even had no choice at the moment. Even began to draw his image and soon enough he was done as he waited for Laura to finish her piece before he would have to show her his.

"Correct." Mrs. Wesington said.

Laura's stomach grew painful. She hated when she drew things in front of other people, and especially when she had to show someone. Nonetheless, she began to draw something she had seen in her dreams. She drew herself, in a boat full of water, staring at a bright light, in the dark evening sky. She made the drawing as realistic as possible. Then, when she was finished, she showed it to Even, and blushed a little, although she wasn't sure why.
(I'll draw the art now, actually)