• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Life of Highschoolers

Laura nodded to Even, as if to say thank you. She then shoved the broom in a long cabinet in the pantry, and looked o Even.

"What now? We got TV, video games, books, lots of stuff." Then she got an idea.

"Oh! I know something you'll like! Follow me!" Laura said, as she instantly grabbed Even's wrist and dragged him with her.

She refused to put on her shoes, leaving them bare, before she dragged Even to the patio. She walked over to the screen, and put her hands out, as if to show him her back yard. The backyard was long, and turned into a thick and long area of woodland trees. By the rode next to the house, there was a field surrounded by trees.

"I know you like the outdoors, so here's something I thought you'd like, if you want to explore it." Laura said, as she moved her hands to her hips.

Last edited:
"Wow..."

That was all Even could say as he scanned the backyard, which was unlike any he had ever seen. Laura was right to show him this, it was just...so beautiful. Even always admired nature and the fact that Laura's backyard had this in it made it even more special. Even turned to Laura with a smile.

"Thanks Laura." Even said, meaning it.

"No problem!" she said, quickly imitating a boy scout salute.

Then she stood on her tiptoes, looking through the screen. She looked at Even in the eye, and took in a breath, about to say something, when she was cut off by a small yelp of her own, as her cat, Mitten's, rubbed his tail against her soles, making her feet drop immediatley, the cat getting scared, before running away.

"S-Sorry about that. Just ticklish..." Laura said embarrassed, before returning to what she was to say before. "A-Anyways, do you want to explore the backyard?" she continued, stuttering a bit.

Even felt a sudden, warmness, come over him before it died down when Laura was tickled by what he guessed was her cat. Even quickly focused on Laura's question and gave a nod.

"No problem. And s-sure. Exploring with you sounds...sounds nice." Even said, stuttering slightly as he worked to settled his nerves. It was just exploring a backyard. No reason to get so nervous over it.

Right?

"The woods is our first stop!" Laura said adventurously, as she grabbed Even's wrist, and pulled him down the patio steps, running into the woods barefoot.

She kicked around the dirt, and not even a couple steps into the woods, spotted the mossy fallen tree she loved. Without warning, she started to climb the slippery tree, doing very well at balancing on it, as she walked across it. Then the tree spiraled upwards, almost connecting to a different tree as sh continued to climb. Her black pants were rolled up to her knees, as she continued to limb, reaching the upward part of the tree. After a few minutes, she was sitting on a sort of stable branch, that seemed to sway under her weight.

"Even! C'mon up!" she shouted, as she saw him from her high view.

If you looked forward you could see the school, and all the houses, and even the garden on the South road. This was a sight Even couldn't miss. There was even a large branch next to hers that he could sit on.

Even gave a nod at Laura's request to join her up there, and began to climb the slippery tree. Carefully to avoid falling, Even would surely and slowly make his way up to Laura and sat on the tree branch next to her.

And the view was...beyond Even's wildest dreams. The way he could scan into the horizon and see the school, the houses and that garden on South road. Even could practically see the whole town from here. His expression showed how much this view amazed him.

"Wow..." Again, was all Even could reply with as he stared on in aww.

"I know, it's awesome! I've been climbing this tree since second grade, with-" Laura said, cutting herself off at with.

The thought of Rylee was something Laura chose to ignore, but the thought that so suddenly came to her made her head hurt. She didn't finish her sentence, hoping Even didn't notice the "with" part.

"I've never been up here with anyone before, so it's different this time." Laura lied, thinking back to Rylee.

Laura had actually never been up here on her own, only once, after Rylee's funeral.

Even frowned when Laura didn't conclude who "what" was. If Even had to guess, it was an old friend of hers where the relationship ended on bad terms...or worse. Even would not comment on it, since he didn't want to kill the mood by diving too deeply into Laura's past.

"I see. Well the view is amazing. I thank you for showing me this, and allowing me to share this experience with you. Sometimes I think you are far too kind." Even replied, thinking back to his previous poor life choices and once again thinking he didn't deserve a friend as amazing as Laura.

"No problem! And I try to be." Laura said, swinging her feet that were dangling from the branch.

She looked down and realized just how high they were. It never occurred to her just how high they were. She actually completely changed her tone, as she leaned back in fright, swaying the branch, and almost flying backwards before catching herself.

"Ayy!" she shouted, eyes going wide, as the branch kept swaying.

soon she couldn't help her self, scared for her life, her body stumbled around, before falling onto Even's lap, and immediatley clutching onto her shirt, sweating wide eyed, not even noticing what she was doing.

Even's first reaction to finding Laura on his lap was to blush. Even was more confused than anything from this unexpected panic attack and well...how close they were at the moment.

Focus you idiot!

"L-Laura!? It's okay, it's okay. This is a strong branch and nobody is gonna fall. You just need to relax and take deep breaths." Even advised, as the only danger was Laura freaking out over the height. Even needed to calm her down and they could find a way to safely get back down.

"Okay, okay..." she said, slowly getting up from his lap and breathing, before clutching to the trunk in opes to climb down.

It was slippery, so there wasn't much she could do. But she held on tightly enough to slowly slide down. Soon, she felt her feet hit the bark of the fallen tree, and she stopped hugging. She seemed very surprised, and a look of accomplishment was brought to her face. With the energy of a small child, she bounced up and down, turning to Even.

"I survived the Deadly tree!" she shouted, waving two arms at him.

"That's good to know." Even said with a smile, finding Laura's child-like excitement endearing as he would slowly make his way down the tall tree. Careful to avoid slipping as he landed on the ground and turned to Laura to give her a thumbs up.

"Okay! Where to next?" she said, dusting some bark from her shirt, and looking at him.

Even seemed to give a warm sensation to Laura when she looked into his eyes. They were like to deep pools, that Laura could swim in forever. And his smile meant the world. His set of red hair made Laura want to hug him close, and never let go. But she was just way too nervous to ask if he felt the same. Sure, they were going as date's, but maybe just so they wouldn't look weird. Or maybe Even just wanted o say that to get the feel of asking a girl out for future reference. And Laura didn't even wonder why.

"Well, wherever you suggest. I trust your judgement." Even replied, once more feeling that warm sensation surface as he saw Laura stare at him. Her eyes seemed like...windows into her pure soul. One far too pure for Even, in spite of her constant reassurance that he wasn't trash. After all, there was little reason to suspect that Laura had any interest in him beyond being friends and only agreed to the "date" because Laura pitied him since no one else would go to the dance with him.

Even knew that was a terrible thing to think, but given his general low opinion on himself the idea that Laura would ever be interested in him beyond friendship was something he didn't think was possible. As such, he lacked the guts to see if what he felt about her was how she felt about him.

Laura thought for a minute, before getting a good idea. With no words, she dragged Even all the way out into the field. The grass had gotten taller that year, and it was about up to Laura's waist.

"This is a neat place I like to prance in as well." Laura said, as she pushed some of the grass to the side.

The trees completely surrounded the area, and the setting sun barely poked from behind the trees. But the sky still had a peachy color, and it was beautiful to the seems.

"I can see why, this is...wow..."

Even felt like an idiot for using "wow" on his description for a third time, but there really wasn't another word for it. Beautiful. Captivating. Mesmerizing. Colorful. There were so many words that even settled for one that captured his feelings rather well.

While Laura saw Even admiring the view, she slid under the grass, disappearing from his view. She crawled over to a small pond, still surrounded by tall grass, and picked a couple of the beautiful tall orchids there. After grabbing a bundle from the ground, she set the stems in the pond carefully, and quietly laid the flowers there as well, but not in the water. Soon she popped back up to Even. Those flowers would be of good use later.

Even, always so aware of his surroundings, did not even notice Laura leave to go pick the orchids as his focus was on admiring the amazing view.

I need to suck it up in the future and ask if I can hang out more often. Laura's great to spend time with and her backyard is amazing!

She grabbed Even's wrist, and said, "Follow me!"

She led him to a circle of green grass farther from her home, which was mowed by the farmer, and faced the corn field. The fading sun was shining brightly now. She flopped on the ground and looked up at the pink sky. Her heart rate beat faster, and she glanced at him, before looking away fast.

Even flopped down next to Laura, once more in aww of the view, the shine of the setting sun an image Even told himself he would never forget.

The fact that this moment was shared with Laura made it even better.

Even once more felt that warmness as he laid next to Laura, taking a moment to glance at Laura when she didn't notice only to glance away just as quickly. Much as Laura had done with him, though Even was unaware of that. Even felt the need to say something, but really didn't know what to say. In the end, he went with something basic to describe his feelings at the moment.

"Thank you." Even said, some nerves to his voice as he said nothing more. Even if he had more he wanted to say.

“I guess so,” she agreed with a smile, slightly bouncing on her leg. After a few moments, the orders were called and handed to the two, and the amount was pleasantly smaller than expected. She didn’t want to have Dylan spend pretty much anything on her.

"Don't mention it. I'd do this for anyone." Laura said, as she glanced at a cloud that looked like a heart.

It wasn't true what she said, though. She never told her mom about her secret hideouts. It was always her and Rially. Rially and Laura, Laura and Rially. That probably explained why Laura didn't have friends when Rially was gone. And Rially was always sticking up to the bully's. But she's gone. If she were to show this to anyone, it had to be someone just as special to Laura as Rially was. And that was very rare. And if someone were to find this on their own, that would be trespassing through Laura's yard. Here parents worked two jobs, and were almost always working 'til five, but someday's they were home before then. Which meant they made lots of money.

"I'm sure you would. That's what makes you so amazing, you are so kindhearted and are always so thoughtful." Even replied as he also took a glance at the heart shaped cloud.

Even for scum like me.

Even shook that bitter thought out, no reason to get all negative now. This was the most fun he had had in a long, long time and he wasn't gonna ruin Laura's efforts by slapping himself with questions of whether or not he deserved it.

"Thanks, but it really isn't a big deal." Laura said, as she put her hands on her stomach and looked at the sky.

Her blond ponytail was sprawled out on the ground, and the sky was getting darker, dark enough to see stars forming. But Laura wasn't ready to go home yet.

"I say we stay here 'til tonight, and we'll see who can find the Big Dipper first, deal?" She said, turning her head to face Even.

"Yeah, I think that sounds like a great idea." Even said, turning to Laura and giving a nod of agreement. Looking at the stars was always fun, helped take his mind off things when his life felt licking kicking him in the gut.

Doing it with Laura, and making a game of it, would only make that more special.

Dylan grinned and nodded in thanks as the waiter handed the two's shakes to them. He stuck a straw in and took a small sip. He raised his eyebrows and gave a surprised, "Mm!" He chuckled. "This is the best one I've ever had."

Lis smiled, and nodded in agreement while sipping hers slowly. “Yeah,” she laughed after swallowing. “Also, I’ll have to be home after this little date.” She smiled again.

Soon the sun had gone completely down, and Laura began the competitive search for the Big Dipper. She pointed out a few constellations, none of which were the Big Dipper. She even saw a constellation that looked like a question mark. It reminded her of a time when she was eleven. She went to a water park and saw the word "why" in the sky. She wasn't even sure what it meant, but it was definitely an omen. At least she thought it was. She also saw a question mark in her sixteen-year-old cousin's shirt, like a wet water mark. So this brought back some memories.

Even also began his search for the Big Dipper. Much like Laura, he found other constellations, including one that looked like a an arrow, which Even felt was fascinating.

Really, the entire night sky was beautiful, Even always enjoyed admiring the stars. And they only seemed extra beautiful tonight.

Laura was so busy looking at the stars, that she soon got drowsy, and shifted from a sprawled out position to a curled up position. She slowly drifted to sleep, another even dreaming. Just dead silence and pitch black, in her mind. Only one image appeared every now and then, and it was Even, and the night time stars, as creepy as it sounds.

"Well I'm not having much luck. How bout..." Even started to say before he glanced over and noticed Laura had curled up and fallen asleep. Even had to admit, it was a cute sight. However, he felt it'd be better to get Laura to a bed so he'd stand up and make the motion to pick Laura up in a bridal carry. Hopefully Laura wouldn't be disturbed by this action and would remain asleep.

Laura flinched a little as she was carried,but she just rolled over, resting her head on Even's chest. Laura then murmured something under her breath, something about the orchids in a glass vase.

Even had to admit, Laura resting her head on his chest made him blush for just a moment as he quickly shook his head. Even didn't hear the murmurs Laura spoke in her sleep, but Even decided not to pry into her dreams as he would walk back to her home. Even would enter the house and go to Laura's mother.

"We had a lot of fun, took a lot out of her. Gonna go tuck her in for you. Thank you for letting me spend the day here." Even said to Laura's mother, speaking with a whisper to not disturb Laura's sleeping.

"Oh, thanks for taking her back. And it's always a pleasure to have quests." Laura's mother whispered, as she nodded to Even. "Goodnight."

Then Laura's mother walked all the way up the stairs, finding her room, and going inside, locking the door and not coming out again that night.

Jessica wandered around her house excitedly, filled with hype. She ran out into her backyard of her house and cheerfully skipped over to her horse, Fudge, who was resting on the verdant grass in the ginormous garden. "Hey!" She exclaimed to the horse happily, who neighed in response, her mane flowing in the wind behind her. Jessica smiled at the massive, kind horse, stroking her mane happily. Fudge neighed and lifted her head back as Jessica kneeled down on the grass, stroking her head happily. She and her mum had rescued Fudge from an abandoned house, and had kept her ever since. Jessica grinned, stood up and turned around, running back inside the house. She was too excited to hold it inside, and instead, she was running around the house.

She ran up the stairs and into her bedroom, flopping onto the bed and looking up at the posters plastered all over her pastel pink painted walls. She let out a cheerful sigh as she then got up from the bed and skipped over to her bookcase with her backpack on top. She checked her bag for the millionth time to make sure she had everything she needed, adding in a fourth book just in case. She grinned and picked up a Narnia book from her bookshelf, one she had read a gazillion times, and she sat down on her bed to read it, still thinking excitedly about the new high school she was going to be attending. However, after a couple of minutes of reading, she was so tired from being hyper and excited all day that she fell asleep, dropping her book directly on her lip, the light still on. She then heard her mum arrive back home, but she was completely asleep by then.

Last edited:
(Oh, this isn't s Pokemon RP)

Laura shifted a bit, as if an unpleasant thought came into mind. She was thinking about Henry, going back to his wicked ways. Sure, Henry teased a little, but he was a lot better than he used to be.

Even noticed Laura's uncomfortable shift as he made his way to her bedroom. Even would set Laura on the bed, pulling the covers over her and resting her head on the pillow before something compelled him to give her some reassurance on...whatever was troubling her.

"It's okay...just rest. No need to worry about anything, I'm here if you need anything. Just enjoy pleasant dreams." Even said with a whisper, hoping to ease whatever troubling dream Laura was having.

As if Laura could hear every word Even was saying, her shoulders relaxed, and her face unwrinkeled itself. The thought of Henry was gone, and soon the thought of Even was back in her mind.

Even seemed satisfied that Laura was more comfortable and was about to go to the second bed in Laura's room, but felt the need to say something.

"Good night, and sweet dreams." Even said to Laura before he would flop down in the other bed to try and get some sleep himself.