• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Lottery Tournament Semi finals

"Just as expected, finish them off! One final Solar Beam!" Toby was happy that his strategy worked, the Aurorus was down and about to be out. It couldn't have been at a better time too, as the Sunny Day would not last much longer. If he had to guess, the sun would run out after fifteen seconds or something and Frilly's Blizzards would be much stronger. All that needed to happen now was to nail the fossil Pokémon with the Solar Beam and the match was as good as his.

The Florges looked up at the miniature sun and opened the leaf appendages to soak up as much light as possible before blasting all the power of nature and the sun at the once extinct Ice type, fully willing to let it go extinct again. The ray of light was headed straight to the chest of Frilly, the blow and heat of the move would put incredible strain on the her organs. "And another one bites the dust, I'd say sorry but I really am not." The Johtonian taunted Finion in advance, surely there was no way that he could turn this match around? Even if the Grass Knot would be frozen and shattered, what was he going to do against the Solar Beam?

The Aurorus' front feet planted themselves firmly into the ground, Frilly pushing her upper half up as she stared down the Florges with a determined look. "Guess we have no choice, hit her with it!" Finion hated to playing all his cards at once but Toby was good at forcing his hand. A sharp blue light began to glow in the Aurorus' sail, travelling from the tip of the tail to the top of her head as it grew in brightness and intensity. "Hyper beam!" Frilly opened her mouth, unleashing the powerful attack which was directed to intercept the Florges' solar beam. The typically normal attack was now an ice type move, changed and empowered by Frilly's ability refrigerate. He just had to hope it was powerful enough to break through the solar beam and hit the Florges, even under the sunny day.

Toby grimaced, Hyper Beam was not to be underestimated and by virtue of Frilly being an Aurorus, it probably was an Ice move. He couldn't get Cecilia out of the way fast enough to avoid the attack, he just had to hope that the sun would give Solar Beam enough power to push through the Hyper Beam. "Keep going Cecilia, no matter what!" He ordered the Fairy type who in turn channeled more power into the attack.

Ten seconds.

Five seconds.

Zero seconds.

The Sunny Day faded and with that, the powerboost that Cecilia was thriving on was gone as well. Hyper Beam managed to overpower the Solar Beam and engulfed Florges in an icy blast of energy. When the attack died down after what felt like an eternity, the Fairy type was covered in ice burns and barely floating. "Cecilia!" As if the sound waves that Toby emitted were too much, his Pokémon fell forward and fainted. "Grrr, I should've seen that coming." The Johtonian berated himself as he recalled his fourth Pokémon and grabbed a Heavy Ball in one fluid motion. "Your Aurorus is trapped and tired, there is no escape from this! Millennium, earthquake!" The Heavy Ball opened and revealed a Claydol, an odd choice against an Ice type if not for the fact that Aurorus was also a Rock type. The Ground type spun around and levitated into the air before slamming down on the ground, sending shockwaves through the pitch. "You're starting to annoy me Finion, I've had to reveal almost my entire team in this one match. If I wanted my team to be known, I would've had them all waltzing around in the waiting area. You might as well forfeit now, that Aurorus is almost done and that Pachirisu can't do anything against a Ground type. You've had a good run, don't make me humiliate you in front of the cameras."

Nice, that was one more of Toby's Pokémon down. His brief victory could hardly be celebrated though, his opponent being quirk to release his next Pokemon and launch a hasty counterattack. "Frilly!" The Aurorus hadn't even the time to get up as the ground trembled and churned towards her, fractured earth launching up to attack the fossil Pokemon in a direct hit. With staggered steps the Saurian stumbled away, back on her feet but only for a few moments before falling to the ground, unconscious.

A beam of light caught the Frilly before she fell, Finion returning her to a pokeball with a small smile. "You did really well out there, it was my bad for bringing you out so early. I apologise" She was definitely a trump card but that was certainly too much pressure for one Pokemon to handle. That pressure now fell upon Sparky, the last of his Pokemon who'd been lying by his feet the whole time, watching the match. Toby's taunts did not fall upon deaf ears. Would it be better to forfeit or to continue a match he'd no hope in wining. There was another Pokemon after this Claydol, who knew what it even was.

Sparky was rising to his feet whilst Finion thought, still injured but having gained his energy back. A confident grin covered the little squirrels face as it stretched out it's arms and legs. He was ready. With a leap he made his way onto the pitch only for a pair of hands to catch him.

Finion held the overconfident Pokemon with a sombre smile, a happy chuckle sounding through his mouth. "You really never give up do you dragon slayer?" Sparky turned to face his trainer, looking the orange haired teen in the eye and relaxing. "I think we should end it on that note, a high one- don't you?" It hurt him to do this but he knew sending Sparky into that would hurt him more. Toby had won without a doubt ... This was the right choice.

He looked over to the referee, raising a hand to get his attention as Sparky climbed up onto his shoulder and looked over to Toby. "Ref! I forfeit the match!" And with that the match was over, Toby had won. The crowd had a mixed reaction but Finion was able to drown them out, looking over to Toby with a calm smile and respectful nod. Sparky on the other hand pulled down on one of his eyes, sticking out his tongue at the other trainer.

"Hmph, a sensible decision." Toby crossed his arms as the Claydol floated in place, not showing any emotion. "The outcome was as expected, but there were more bumps along the way than I liked. You did well, surprisingly so." The Johtonian nodded his head as to show respect to Finion, ignoring the taunts that Sparky sent his way. He knew better than to lower himself to the level of that rat. Shaking his head, the man recalled his Claydol and left the pitch. He was done here for now, his partners needed to rest and he needed to prepare for his next match. His team went from an enigma to almost completely revealed, only having one question mark left next to his name. Still, Finion put up a surprisingly good battle for someone who lost before. "You, come here." Beckoning a staff member over, he produced a business card from his pocket and gave it to the staff member. "Make sure that this makes it to Finion, I did promise him that he'd get one after beating Scylla.

Walking away to heal his team, his mind was rattling with other potential strategies that he could use. He knew that his next opponent would be that monkey kid and they would probably try and stall out Scylla just like Finion did. His Panpour probably had an Ice move and that Primeape was a threat with its Fighting moves, at least he didn't have to worry about Counter. His entire team could fire off special moves if needed, and Counter only worked with physical moves. He'd survive, but the sheer possibility that he'd get lost in his desire to win was something to keep in mind.

Finion couldn't help the mild surprise that came across his face upon Toby's sign of respect, the shocked look growing into a smile as he watched his opponent walk away and off the pitch. He'd lost the match but he still felt rather victorious. To be a challenge for a trainer as strong as Toby was something that Finion felt pride in. Finion turned to leave the pitch, giving his partner a gentle nudge. "C'mon, lets get you and everyone healed up" Sparky was hardly listening, still sticking his tongue out at the now absent Toby.

"AND WITH THAT THE SECOND MATCH COMES TO AN END, TOBY TAKING A DECISIVE VICTORY"
Speakers blared the result throughout the stadium which still hadn't settled in their cheering and celebrations. More information continued to stream out to the audience both there and at home. "A 10 minute interval will now begin before the next match is determined, giving our contestants time to heal their Pokemon and you spectators time to relieve your seats for a while" Each contestant was going to face each other at least once and with the first matches out of the way only four more remained. The question was, who was next.

Whilst healing his Pokemon Finion was approached by the member of staff Toby had sent after him. They handed off the card with a brief explanation, leaving the orange haired trainer to inspect it whilst his Pokemon healed. Supposedly he'd received this for beating Scylla but for what purpose. Another chance to battle, perhaps to train underneath him. It was really fancy looking, at least Finion thought so anyways. He stayed healing his Pokemon for half the interlude, returning to the trainers rec room for the latter half of the break.

As Toby's Pokémon were being healed, the man toyed with an empty Pokéball. He couldn't help his mind from wandering, he spent too much time taunting Finion which cost him. He had to be more efficient and more ruthless, or else he would get punished. His team was not super bad, but they severly lacked in the intimidation factot save from Scylla. If he had Growlie at his disposal, the match between the Dark and Ice types would be much faster, but Growlie was not in any condition to fight. She was more of a pet than a fighter anyway, he'd have to pay her a visit one day soon. His nieces would be happy too when he showed up.

As his team was fully healed, he grabbed all the Pokéballs and went to the rest area to take a breather. If this tournament was anything like the others he'd been in, the battle for the third place would happen first and after that it would be his turn. Sitting down on a couch, he poured himself a glass of juice and let out a sigh.

And like that, the battle was over. Shiori was a little disappointed that Finion had lost, but it had been an incredible match through and through. That Toby certainly lived up to his own hype. The actor sat back down in his seat, taking a moment to think. It seemed like he would be going up against Finion. Shiori hadn't had the chance to do that last time they had met. That would be a lot of fun, he looked forward to it. Granted, he would have looked forward to going against Toby if that would have been the case. Hm, maybe he could try to convince the trainer to battle him later.

He brushed the thought from his mind. He needed to focus on the upcoming battle. Bisharp, Zoroark, Golurk, Sceptile, Aurorus, and Sparky. The Sceptile and Sparky were especially concerning. As much as he wanted for Raza to go toe to toe with Raven, electric types countered Shiori's team HARD. He'd have to figure out a good strategy...

"Well, it looks like you're going to be facing off against Toby. Good luck!" Shiori said to Brace. As if on cue, Toby entered the rest area.

"Hey, congratulations on the amazing battle and the win!" Shiori called over to Toby.

After healing his Pokemon Finion took the time to swap a number of them out as well. He'd done so throughout the show and he didn't plan on changing that for the last round. In fact he had a certain Pokémon he wanted to use for the last round, one he'd been saving all tournament. Perhaps it could've beat Toby's Hydriegon ... He didn't allow himself to think about it much, after all a rematch would be easy to arrange and he needed to focus on the battle ahead.

He was against Shiori. They'd battled a while ago, a small friendly match but this would be their first in tournament fight. They'd both grown since then and as much as Finion wanted to plan and theorize and use everything he could to get an assured win out of Shiori he couldn't ... he was far too excited. This battle would be one he enjoyed. With his team changed he began to make his way back to the rec room, cradling Sparky in his arms who was peacefully snoozing. The little squirrel had earned the rest in his opinion and would not be fighting with him next round.

Toby merely huffed as Shiori complimented him for winning the match. He didn't expect any other outcome against Finion, who already lost a round before this. Taking a sip of his juice, he pulled out his phone to answer a call. "One moment please." Leaving the room, he picked up his phone. "Toby Taylor, what's up sis?"

"Congratulations Tobes! We saw you on TV, Lizzy and Estelle were so confident that you'd win that the loss of Scylla actually made them scared!"

Toby couldn't help but smile as he responded. "Don't worry Nikki, I won't crumble just because Scylla goes down. I've been doing this for how long now? I know better than to rely on one Pokémon, it is the mistake of my opponents if they are unable to see that."

A deep bark was heard in the background, causing the Johtonian to grin. "See? Growlie agrees with me!"

"Growlie agrees with everything you say, you raised her after all."

"Not my fault she knows who the best trainer is."

"Look who's talking. If you lose this next round, I will never let you forget it."

"Yeah right, I gotta go now. See ya, and tell the girls that my next match is for them!"

"Will do, see ya!"

With the conversation over, Toby returned to the waiting area with a smile on his face as he waited for the next fight to begin.

Toby reacted in the way that Shiori wasn't surprised to see, just brushing off the actor. Typical, but a little disappointing. So quick to be back to his calm, slightly arrogant persona from the slight tinges of excitement and happiness Shiori had noticed during the battle. But as the man took a call, Shiori couldn't help but to notice the bit of emotion come back to him.

The actor elected not to eavesdrop on the conversation, and the door to the rec room opened to reveal Finion entering the room. Shiori and Raza both got up, approaching their friend.
"Finion! That was a great match! You did amazing!" Shiori said to the other trainer. Raza looked to say something similar to Sparky, only to find that the Pachirisu was fast asleep in Finion's arms. So instead, the Zoroark simply grinned and leaned against the wall.

Finion walked into the rec room and was immediately met by Shiori and Raza. He hadn't spotted Toby but wasn't wondering where the other trainer was, happy to see his friend. The praise from the actor caused him to grow somewhat embarrassed, a sheepish but positive expression spreading across his face as his shoulders raised a little. "Thanks I- It was a really fun fight" It had been an exciting challenge, one of the hardest ones he'd faced but it left him with a thirst for more and a want to grow.

He relaxed more, moving into the rec room as his hand gently stroked Sparky's fur. "I'd wish Brace luck in his battle against Toby but I think I need to keep the luck again you" Finion teased his friend with a friendly expression, moving to the sofa to lay Sparky down on one of the pillows. The battle against Shiori was next and he was excited for it. "You ready?"

Shiori returned the smile with a grin of his own, making a fist.
"You know it. I've been waiting for a while to have an opportunity like this, to go all out against you. Let's give them a show!" Shiori said confidently. Raza leaned on her trainer's shoulder, giving Finion a thumbs up. The Zoroark glanced over to Sparky's resting spot, realizing the Pachirisu probably wouldn't be battling. A little disappointing, but hopefully there would be other opprotunities that would open up.

Finion knew the battle would be both a spectacle and a challenge. They’d both grown since their last meeting and never had they fought competitively. Despite the nature of the battle Finion was still going in to have fun.

The announcement for both Shiori and Finion to make their ways to the opposite ends of the stadium rang out, an ecstatic smile spreading across his face. “See you on the field Shiori” He nodded the actors way, making his move to leave but returning a second later to address Toby.

“Hey uh…” They hadn’t really talked after their battle, Finion remembering the card which had been given to him which wasn’t exactly the topic of this brief conversation. “Can you look after Sparky?- thanks bye!” The Jhotia has little time to answer before the Sinnoh raised lad disappeared, leaving Toby in the room with the snoozing electric squirrel. Despite only meeting around an hour or so ago he trusted the other trainer. After all, Toby trusted Finion enough to send a invitation to somewhere.

"Excuse me?" Toby didn't have time to object before he was left alone with the sleeping squirrel Pokémon, against his will nontheless. Forcefully delegated to the role of babysitter, he got up and released his Claydol from their Pokéball. "Watch over this rat, alert me if it starts to plot an attack." With his role put onto his Pokémon, he looked at the pitch. This would be an interesting match.

Shiori gave his friend a thumbs up and a grin and left the booth. Taking a breath, he began to walk towards the prep rooms for the arena. He just had to relax. He didn't want to use Marine Knight Gyarados for this battle, he was far too serious. Not that it wasn't a fun role to perform while battling, but this was a battle for Karpman. The fact that Sparky wasn't going to be used in this battle was a bit of a relief, but there was still plenty of Pokemon that Finion had that Karpman would have to look out for. Not to mention, some of the other contestants had changed out their Pokemon mid-tournament. Finion might do the same.

In the waiting room, Karpman changed his appearance slightly. He threw on the cape, inverting it so the red side would be facing outward. Shiori wore his Marine Knight's gloves and boots, which still fit with the whole ascetic. He looked like he was in a half-made Halloween costume, but it would do for now. He wasn't sure if it was a step up or step down from his old Karpman costume, a Magikarp mask and a red jogging outfit. Certainly, the Magikarp mask would have been desirable now, but there was no way to get it here on such short notice.

Raza leaned against the wall, and Karpman looked over to her.
"Let's give our friend the proper respect." Karpman said. The Zoroark nodded, and Karpman returned her to the Pokeball.

Finion stepped into a quiet and empty waiting room, the door to the stadium sealed shut. It was soon to open, excitement bubbling in his core as he prepared to step back out onto the field. He had another team prepared, one a little more suited for Shiori's team but he hadn't exactly went overboard with the type matchup. Even if he had Finion knew this battle could still go either way, it's why he had decided to have fun with his Pokémon he'd picked.

He reached to his belt with two hands, taking off two Pokeballs and looking down to them. "Alright you two, got exactly what you wanted so do your best out there" The Pokeballs remained unresponsive but Finion knew that they'd heard him. With a single chuckle he returned the contained pocket monsters back onto his belt, the doors to stadium opening up on both sides. The crowds began to cheer as the commentators voice's barely boomed over them.

"Welcome back to the third battle of the evening!" "We hope everyone is refreshed, rested and back in their seats as this match is expected to be an exciting one!" The cue for Shiori and Finion to begin walking up onto the pitch was given as the commentators continued. "These two may of lost their first battles but they're hardly out of the game yet!" "On the first side of the pitch we have the former Marine Knight Shoiri!" "It seems that the last battle was so intense it caused a change in character but we still expect to see a ferocious show from the actor!" "Shiori's been able to win fights with both typically strong Pokémon and unexpectedly strong Pokémon alike, this guy uses a magikarp and comes out on top? Talk about serious skill!"

The commentators continued their run down as both opponents walked out onto the pitch, the battleground currently underneath the floor. The trainer platforms were once again somewhat raised, Shiori having to walk up a few steps just like Finion who came up onto the platform at the same time as the actor. Finion had an excited grin painted over his face, one he could hardly contain as he raised a little hand to wave to Shiori on the other side of the pitch.

"That skill will help him out this battle, especially since his opponent seems prepared for any situation and can pull of crazy stunts like that Pachirisu win!" "Indeed, Finion Charles on the second side of the pitch seems to be without his companion so we at least know that the furry little menace won't make an appearance on the pitch" "But who knows what Pokémon he'll pull out the bag for this match, apparently he was saving his big gun for the finale so unless it was the Sceptile we could be in for a surprise!"

A rumble sounded from underneath Shiori and Finion, the wide metal doors sliding out a pitch began to rise from the belly of the stadium. "And the battle ground for the first half is ... The water pool!" Along with the pitch the platforms that Shiori and Finion found themselves upon began to rise up as well, a huge tank of water elevating before them and the crowd. It was big, the water rippling from its ascend and knocking around the floating circular platforms on its surface. The elevated position gave the audience chance to view what was happening underneath the surface through the reinforced glass but Shiori and Finion would have to look down through the shaky surface.

Finion let out an sigh, his excited grin relaxing into a smile as he straightened up and prepared himself. Right out the bat he was disadvantaged. He supposed it was only fair given the grass types he'd brought out with him. Still, he could make this work, there were still floats for him to use. All he needed was an agile and fast Pokemon and he had just the one. From his belt he procured a Pokeball, holding it out in front of him and releasing the Pokémon from it. "Charlotte, you're up!"

A Gogoat emerged from the white light that had burst onto a float, standing tall, strong and proud as it glanced around the pitch. The grass type blew through it's nose, tapping its hoof on the float and shaking its head. It was rearing to go, as was Finion who looked across the pitch to Shiori.

Shiori stretched his arms as the announcer introduced himself and Finion. So, the starting stage was a pool of water, eh? Lucky, lucky. Karpman unclipped a Pokeball from his belt, tossing it in his hand before pointing it at the water.
"Apologies my friend, but I am going to be starting strong! From the depths of the ocean he rises! It is time, to unleash the Beast!" Karpman exclaimed. In a flash of red light, the familiar form of a Magikarp appeared. It soared through the air majestically, the few golden scales on its red body glittering dramatically in the light. It splashed directly into the water, instead of landing on a platform like the Gogoat had. The fish Pokemon seemed to vanish beneath the waves.

"The water is Beast's natural habitat! Here, your mountainous Mount Pokemon stands no chance!" Shiori exclaimed. As if to prove the point, Beast suddenly popped out of the water next to Charlotte and aimed a massive blast of water at the goatlike Pokemon, a Hydro Pump attack.

Finion knew of the advantage Shiori had, already thinking of ways to even out the playing field. Sparky would’ve been perfect in a situation like this, zapping the water over and over. He was somewhat glad he didn’t have such an easy strategy to fall back upon, he had to think … something he’d already briefly done a little of. There was reason why he’d brought out Charlotte, other than the fact she was a great lead.

As he watched Beast disappear underneath the waves he grimaced, addressing his Pokemon before listening to Karpman. “Feet firm Charlotte, you don’t want to end up in that water” Charlotte did well to listen to Finion, neither of them quick enough to outright counter the special magikarp’s sudden attack.

Charlotte steadied herself though, taking the brunt of the damage rather than the knock back to keep her hooves firmly on the float which skirted across the water from the force of the attack hitting her. As the attack stopped the float bumped against the edge of the pool, floating inwards and spinning somewhat. Finion had to stabilise what little ground he had and had somewhat of an idea to do so.

“She stands a decent chance, one we’re gonna take! Grassy terrain, let’s try turn the pitch in our favour” He called out to both Shiori and Charlotte, the Pokemon reacting upon hearing the command. Green light enveloped the soggy Pokemon’s body as she inhaled and then called out, the faint energy bursting from her and doming out across the pitch. The floats rapidly sprouted grass and aquatic plants grew on the base of the pool and somewhat up its edges. They were hardly large, more lining the walls and floor of the underwater pitch asides from thick stems and vines that stretched upwards through the water to the floats, wrapping around their underside and keeping them in place.

“That’s much better isn’t it, less bland!” Finion confidently spoke out, glad his idea had managed to work. Beast still had his pool advantage but a little grassy terrain went a long way for Charlotte, especially thanks to her ability. Both Pokemon would heal a little overtime but grass moves would be more powerful and Charlottes defence would raise due to grassy pelt. She shook water from her leafy fur, letting out a huff as she watched the water for Beast to hop out again.

Karpman seemed to keep balance easily on the rocking platform, unaffected by the choppy waters. He crossed his arms and grinned as the Gogoat let out a wave of nature energy. Plant life began to flourish around the battleground. While it was likely something that helped Finion's Pokemon more than him, Karpman could see Beast benefiting from the additional cover provided by the aquatic plants.

"An impressive move! I commend your Pokemon, it is as sure-footed as I thought it would be." Karpman said. The hero surveyed the arena, thinking of a next move.

"Many places consider Magikarp to be a useless Pokemon. Easily pushed around by light currents, known for only flopping and splashing when attacked. But in my travels, I've noticed an unusual story. Many regions where the Magikarp can be found, I always hear a legend. How an exceptionally long-lived Magikarp could even leap a mountain. Now, today..." Karpman paused dramatically before pointing to Finion's Pokemon. "We shall show that legend to be TRUE!"

As if on cue, Beast burst from the water below Charlotte's platform and attempted to knock it over as it shot into the sky.

"Thanks! Your Magikarp's got me on the ropes y'know!" Finion spied Shiori’s gaze and knew the actor was up to something as soon as the other trainer had started talking. He tried to listen for the answer in Shiori's words, only spotting it in the final moments of his speech. "Charlotte jump!" As Beast erupted from the water the plant life holding the float tore and the grassy platform got launched upwards along with the Pokémon on it. Before it gained much height Charlotte had launched herself off it.

Her goal had been another float but jumping off a flipping float was a difficult move, even for a Pokemon with her nimbleness. She landed in the water with a heavy splash, staying above it with strong kicks. “Use Vine whip to pull yourself to one of the floats!” It was a weak but versatile move, two long green appendages shooting out and wrapping around the float. As Charlotte stayed afloat the move reeled her in but she was open for an attack, Finion looking to the skies to see if he could spot the Magikarp.

Karpman looked to skies as the Magikarp seemed to disappear into the sun.
"If I've learned anything from my last battle, it means we have to go all in from the very start! So that's what we'll do!" Karpman exclaimed. The masked hero pointed his palm towards the Gogoat struggling in the water.

"BEAST!!!" Karpman bellowed. "UNLEASH YOUR POWER! MAGIKARP METEOR!"
The Magikarp streaked down from the sky towards Charolette, opening it's mouth. As the fish Pokemon rocketed towards the Grass Type, a burst of purple flame shot from its mouth. It appeared to be combining both it's Bounce attack, and a Dragon Rage attack.

After spending a second of trying to spot the flying fish Finion gave up, returning his attention to his own Pokémon which was still pulling itself towards the nearest float. The grass type was to far away, Finion looking up to Shiori in panic and then to the Magikarp dropping from the sky. "Charlotte brace!" It was the only command he could think to give his Pokémon as the attack landed on her, both fish and goat submerging and disappearing in a large splash.

There was a tense moment where Finion didn't know if his Pokémon had pulled through the attack. A flying type move and dragon type move combined was not something that could be so easily shrugged off but ... to Finion's relief the vines wrapped around the float tightened and continued to pull.

Charlotte leapt from out of the water, landing with a stumble as she shook her fur. The gogoat was already bruised, huffing and puffing and damaged badly. Finion needed to counter attack now. "Charlotte, leech seed all over the water!" The Gogoat shook her leafy fur, both drying it and beginning to launch out tiny little lumps of green that landed and floated in the water. Shiori had a choice. Keep using the water as cover and risk his Pokémon being seeded when it re-emerged or restrain his magikarp to the platforms to avoid the seeds.

At least that's the conundrum Finion had believed he'd created. Shiori was clever, Finion reckoned that the other trainer could figure something out.

The Gogoat managed to survive the attack. Not surprising, Karpman expected Finion's Pokemon would be hard to take down. And with the Grassy Terrain slowing healing both Pokemon, Karpman knew he would have to keep up the pressure to keep his advantage. In these conditions, Beast had the advantage. But still, the Pokemon was a glass cannon. And with Finion having seen the move, and the Gogoat being on a stable platform, Karpman doubted that the Magikarp Meteor would be able to work a second time in a row. A grin spread across Karpman's face. Now this was a battle!

"Impressive! Tell me my friend, have you heard of the Fish Pokemon called Remoraid?" Karpman called over to Finion. "It has the ability to shoot it's prey out of the sky using water, with a range up to 300 feet! While Beast may not be as accurate, he's not bad himself! Hydro Pump!"
The Magikarp burst from the water, aiming to land on one of the platforms. In a move almost reminiscent of a John Woo movie, the Magikarp fired the Hydro Pump mid-air at the Gogoat.