• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Paragons - Act I Discussion

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Heheheheh sorry I’ve been quiet lol

I need to reply soon but I’m lazy as hell school has been weighing on me and I should probably it’s never gonna happen get that book report in and study watch anime before the big ass history test coming up. I’ll post never because I’m a lazy bish probably tomorrow night once I’m done with playing among us schoolwork.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
jfc I totally meant to edit an Ignizio response into my latest post, and that was what I kept forgetting, I KNEW there was something I needed to do; super sorry about that, I'll get to it ASAP

EDIT: edited; not much but it should keep the plot moving. sorry for the holdup!
alright. i'll try to get a post out tomorrow, but, just so everybody knows, i'm working on becoming a firefighter, so my attention is probably going to become increasingly divided as time goes on. firefighting is a very on-demand, time consuming line of work.

Alias: Herald of Whitefrost
Age/Gender: Unknown exact age- appears to be late 20s to early 30s. Female.
Race: Caucasian
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Personality: Skade finds humanity...weak. They crumble so easily. Fragile bones, muscle, flesh- breaking apart in moments. The tedium of hundreds of years, vaguely conscious, had left her utterly bored. The few who had travelled above her temple were often weak and cowardly. However, one day, after years of one-sided fights, one had managed to not immediately die. This had piqued her curiosity. Was humanity...changing? Evolving?
Ever since, she's become entranced by these changes. Skade still slaughters them, but there's now a desire in her heart. A desire for challenge, a desire for conflict and a great fight. She's become increasingly impulsive. Lead by cocky motivations of combat. Most civilians don't even get considered by her- after all, if you aren't "evolved", you pose no threat to her. And no threat? No challenge.
In short, she's fueled by violence, pure and simple.
Flaws: Extremely hotheaded and unwilling to reason. This of course means she can easily get in over her head if she underestimates her foe. She also disregards most every normal human, not really considering technology in any sort of way, so if you somehow have a powerful weapon but are otherwise human, she probably still won't look too much in your direction until she feels the pain.. Skade is also neutralized at incredibly high heats, as it would destroy the vapor in the air she needs to freeze.
Powers: Whitefrost- She can form ice at will, freezing the water vapor in the air with sub-zero temperatures. This ice, the whitefrost, is nigh unbreakable and unable to melt- and any who touch it learn that it too is incredibly cold. So cold, that a touch will likely make your hand- or limb of choice -become frozen immediately, and then likely break off. This effect fades over time, simply reducing to normal ice.
Backstory: During the superpower boom, Russia utilized the sudden boost in many soldiers to lay claim to several bordering territories they had long pursued. In the earliest stages of this, one ground troop had walked through a "hallowed ground". Said hallowed ground had routinely scored record cold temperatures, remaining consistent years on end. The earth itself was hardened and frost coated year round- chalked up to "odd weather phenomena". This location actually had a more ominous name with local villages- "devil's valley". Anyone who entered this wintry area would often disappear. Those found were in frozen chunks. It was unfortunate for them, as this location was actually a great trading route otherwise.

Needless to say, the Russian forces soon met a similar fate. Even empowered with new super abilities, they had soon disappeared beneath snow and earth, their remains scattered. Forces attempted to go through again and again, just to disappear all the same. Firebombing attempts were even tried- once again to no avail, the ice and snow actually intensifying in response. Eventually the Russians just decided that this was pointless. The story is told as either urban legend, something of a joke about Russia being stopped by a "snowy valley" of all things.

The answer is not so clean cut. Beneath the earth was a temple, where a herald who had been bored for a very long time realized that humanity had...changed. Evolved. These feeble creatures had begun growing into adversaries. And that was exciting.

She eagerly awaits whomever else wishes to enter the valley. It's been a good amount of time since anyone dared to step in...And Skade is beginning to feel impatient.
Still not sure how I feel about her but here's my Herald. She's a feisty one.
Sorry to repost this, but just wanted to make sure you saw this comic- mostly because I'm 99% sure you're cool with it but I did do some stuff with Russia of all things. Again, 99% sure you're cool with her but I don't want her to come out of left field a page or two from now lol

Good luck on your firefighter career too. It's a pretty respectable job. We understand if ya get busy :up:;)

and if I was impatient that'd be pretty hypocritical lol

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
alright. i'll try to get a post out tomorrow, but, just so everybody knows, i'm working on becoming a firefighter, so my attention is probably going to become increasingly divided as time goes on. firefighting is a very on-demand, time consuming line of work.

Ah that’s a nice career to go into. I wonder how that works considering the virus right now effecting training and all. Still though, glad to hear you found a good path to go down.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Considering he would be under the disguise of being a human, I can imagine the police sirens blowing Ryg's cover and giving him the red rashes that gives him away to not be quite so human. I think of a possibility of this happening either in the ice cream shop where he was just seeming like an average joe at first, or somewhere on the street, possibly where someone (I don't know exactly who isn't in a battle and also somewhere in the city in the open right now) would notice this and trail after Ryg because of this. That's my idea, currently. If anyone's got anything else to add, feel free to tell. I'll post with whatever idea seems more appealing to me later on.

@Shadow_Pup I don't really have much say on who's going to be a Herald and would much rather leave that matter to comic, but in my opinion, I think Larua would function better as part of Warren's anti-Paragon team; the Heralds are also supposed to die at the end of their fight, and since Larua comes back after death, that wouldn't quite work. There's also the fact that the Heralds' deaths cause some sort of catastrophe that will destroy parts of the globe on a massive scale; if Larua dies, some sort of destruction follows due to his death, and he self-repairs minutes later, that wouldn't be very fair. Because of that, I'd say he'd be better as a more recurring villain for both the current Paragons and the new team that's supposed to form later on in the future.

Last edited:
Based on comic's post, it looks like there are 2 more spots open. Since Whitefrost is taken already, the choices are:

Silverbolt - Yet another Herald was granted the ability of control over electricity. Vicious currents of lightning flow through this herald's body, and they can either temper this outside of their body, or imbue it into their specific fighting styles. Unlike the blackfire and whitefrost this lightning and electricity does not last longer than standard electricity, however considering it rivals and averages the normal lightning average (300 million volts) this isn't really a problem.
World's Pull - The user of the World's Pull has their own personal gravity. This allows them almost complete control over the environment around them. Objects can be pulled towards, pushed away, no matter who or what they are. Also as a result of the pull, one can easily walk on vertical and unstable surfaces whilst utilizing the World's Pull. Possibly even water? Not sure.
Chronosphere - This herald has the ability to affect the time of objects and people around them. This can mean those affected become elderly and decrepit or literally infants depending on what the Herald wants. Unsurprisingly, the Herald themselves are "shackled" in time, both unaffected by the passing of it outside their chronosphere and what they do with it within.

Not necessarily; honestly, I do feel like you could go pretty wild with it, but a motif that's sticking out a bit for me is the focus on "elements" (i.e. fire, ice, lightning, time, gravity). Of course, there's no specific restriction, but I'd keep that in mind. Again, completely up to you.

EDIT: Oh Lord I feel like I'm talking for comic; not my intention at all, so @comic feel free to correct me or say otherwise.

comic

Not necessarily; honestly, I do feel like you could go pretty wild with it, but a motif that's sticking out a bit for me is the focus on "elements" (i.e. fire, ice, lightning, time, gravity). Of course, there's no specific restriction, but I'd keep that in mind. Again, completely up to you.

EDIT: Oh Lord I feel like I'm talking for comic; not my intention at all, so @comic feel free to correct me or say otherwise.
yes, you have been talking for me.
and i like it.
it means i don't have to talk.
which is great.
you're pretty good at saying what i have on my mind before i say it.
so bonus.
@comic I noticed what you did ;p I love it, I am loving Warren
what did i do? i did a lot of things. which one are you referring to?

comic

After scouring the internet for a few hours, I have finally settled on a look for Charles Warren.

Here he is, in all his glory;

0cdf08241a97e908927b727aa1a6f3a4.jpg

After scouring the internet for a few hours, I have finally settled on a look for Charles Warren.

Here he is, in all his glory;

0cdf08241a97e908927b727aa1a6f3a4.jpg
For some reason I always thought of him as spindly and clean shaven. Guess I have a narrow view on "old man bad guy" lol. This guy doesn't look like he'd be a bad guy, more like a wise and warm grandpa, so I guess that helps him with his billionaire philanthropist image he likes to paint.

Smart one Comic!

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Alias: The Wanderer
Age/Gender: As old as time
Race: Unknown (Humanoid)
Alignment: N
Personality: Kronos is slow to decided, rather taking time to think through his decisions, knowing the best choices are made with in time
Flaws: IDK, any suggestions?
Powers: Kronos has the ability to affect the time of objects and people around them. This can mean those affected become elderly and decrepit or literally infants depending on what Kronos wants. He is able to directly reverse objects, or send people back into their personal history(Really just reverse them back to some place they were in the state they were[They age/recover at an accelerated rate until they reach where they were]). Kronos is suspended in time, having the ability to look as young or old as he pleases. Kronos has the ability to gaze into the past to see what happened long ago. He is also capable of projecting the past onto the present, though this is only an illusion.
Backstory: Kronos was at first a spectator of time, born with it, so able to have some control over it, though unlike popular belief, this did not grant him infinite knowledge, and he spent most of his time pondering himself and life he found, sometimes he would try to help some civilization along, though not to much, preferring to watch. When he found the human race, he was intrigued, settling down onto the earth to be more involved, help them along, with his wisdom, he shared many lessons, sometimes appearing as prophets or schoolers, a teacher or a warning, though he tried, the human race still went the way of many on the path to self destruction, though now he had grown to love the race, he eventually removed himself from helping them, as they did not head his word anyways, he wanders from here to there, sometimes visiting the sights of great battles serval days later, though mostly he wanders, wondering if he had chosen right, whether he really should be helping the humans, and if they ultimately succeeded, what would it mean?

What about this?

comic

Alias: The Wanderer
Age/Gender: As old as time
Race: Unknown (Humanoid)
Alignment: N
Personality: Kronos is slow to decided, rather taking time to think through his decisions, knowing the best choices are made with in time
Flaws: IDK, any suggestions?
Powers: Kronos has the ability to affect the time of objects and people around them. This can mean those affected become elderly and decrepit or literally infants depending on what Kronos wants. He is able to directly reverse objects, or send people back into their personal history(Really just reverse them back to some place they were in the state they were[They age/recover at an accelerated rate until they reach where they were]). Kronos is suspended in time, having the ability to look as young or old as he pleases. Kronos has the ability to gaze into the past to see what happened long ago. He is also capable of projecting the past onto the present, though this is only an illusion.
Backstory: Kronos was at first a spectator of time, born with it, so able to have some control over it, though unlike popular belief, this did not grant him infinite knowledge, and he spent most of his time pondering himself and life he found, sometimes he would try to help some civilization along, though not to much, preferring to watch. When he found the human race, he was intrigued, settling down onto the earth to be more involved, help them along, with his wisdom, he shared many lessons, sometimes appearing as prophets or schoolers, a teacher or a warning, though he tried, the human race still went the way of many on the path to self destruction, though now he had grown to love the race, he eventually removed himself from helping them, as they did not head his word anyways, he wanders from here to there, sometimes visiting the sights of great battles serval days later, though mostly he wanders, wondering if he had chosen right, whether he really should be helping the humans, and if they ultimately succeeded, what would it mean?

What about this?
i like it.
honestly kinda figured you'd choose the chronosphere ability lol