• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Paragons - Act I

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Discussion and Sign-Up: https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-paragons-superhero-rp.23035/

New York City - 2033

The world had changed so much over these last seven years, ever since the first supers cropped up out of the woodwork and made themselves known. The Paragons were founded, lead by Patriot. The Unbreakable Man, as some have coined him. Alongside the increase in heroes, there also came villains. Those that worked to topple the Paragons, to steal, cheat, and lie.
This, at least, is what the media said, and the media always relay what Patriot says. In his words, every day is a fight to stop evil. Like today, as Patriot hovered above a crowd of onlookers, arms folded, his chest puffed out as he smiled down at his adoring fans and the press. Behind him stood Legion Bank, smoke billowing from its open doors but it seemed otherwise unharmed. Officers dragged unconscious bodies out. Robbers in masks, as well as a man who seemed to be made of rock, equally as unconscious as his goons.

Patriot flashed his dazzling smile down upon the people of the city. His city. Lights flashed as photographers took pictures of him, his american flag styled cape billowing out behind him.
"Patriot! Now that you've stopped Cretecon, will crime in the city start to drop again?" A reporter asked, sticking her microphone out to the floating hero, who smiled broadly at her. "It would be our hope, but evil never rests, Dana. So neither will I. Not if I can help it." He cast a flirtatious wink at the reporter, who blushed as she pulled back the microphone and turned to address her camera. "And there you have it, from Patriot himself. Crime may never go away completely, but as long as he and the Paragons are around, you'll be safe."

"Patriot!"
The leader of the Paragons turned his stunning grin toward a tall, thin woman who was staring up at him, her hands on her hips, her face a scowl. "Excuse me a moment." He told the people gathered, hovering down to touch down softly on his feet before the woman, who clenched her teeth. "I thought we talked about property damage last time."
"Please, it was minimal, Miss Li." Patriot chuckled pleasantly. "Right. A fire- not to mention a mysteriously melted down vault door -are 'minimal'." Chief of Police Yin Li shook her head, glaring at Patriot. "I'm sure it's nothing to you supers, but taxpayer dollars are gonna have to cover the damage you mostly caused."
"Keep it down, will you?" Patriot asked, his facade faltering as his eyes flashed in annoyance, before he threw a reassuring grin at the cameras. "I'll donate to charity. Happy?"
"No. Stop disappointing me and get your shit together." Was the Officer's reply before she turned on her heel and marched away, Patriot glaring daggers into the back of her head, before he hovered into the air once again, chuckling pleasantly. "Sorry about that." He said loudly. "You know how the police get. Never happy they have the glory! But no need to fear. Myself and the Paragons will make sure you all live in safety and security. You have my promise."

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Kerco leaned on the wooden bar behind the show the ‘hero’ was putting on, he smiled as he barley overheard the conversation of patriot and Yin Li. He left his post, anyone who had happened to see him suddenly forgetting all about him. He sprinted around a few corners, getting to where he wanted to be, looking himself over one time, he looked around the corner to see his target, ducking back, using his ability to make the most impactful entrance, he walked around the corner in front of her “Miss Li, could I have a word?”

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Hitori raced out of a building as fast as her leg braces could carry her. A few scarce shouts followed behind her, but she’d gotten out relatively unnoticed. She glanced in satisfaction at the assorted tech parts she’d procured before dropping a makeshift smoke bomb behind her. By the time the small cloud of dust cleared, she was gone.

The girl crawled into a hole in the wall of an abandoned building. It was pretty crappy for a living space, but she called it home. And with her latest raid complete without a hitch, she should be able to complete a few key pieces of tech she’d been working on. After performing general maintenance on her braces, Hitori slid them off and got to work, taking things apart and putting them back together.

Twist the red, blue, and yellow wires together, seal the metal over top of it, and... there. She slid the close-fitting gauntlet over her left forearm and flexed her fingers. A blade shot out of a concealed compartment, like a switchblade. Another squeeze and it flipped back inside, the metal closing seamlessly over it. These are perfect for self-defense, she thought with a half-smile. Especially if something was to happen to my braces.

As Hitori was strapping on the other gauntlet, an explosion sounded from the direction of the bank. She jerked in surprise before quickly metal-warping her braces back onto her useless legs and standing, taking a moment to find her center of gravity. With that, she fired the pulleys, gears, and motors concealed by their metal exoskeleton, and took off towards the area.

By the time Hitori arrived, the whole thing had been averted, the leader of the Paragons standing—or hovering, same difference—tall as the press showered him with questions laced with flattery. Locking her braces in place with metalkinesis, the girl leaned against a wall for more support, relaxing slightly. The Paragons has done it again.

(OOC: Lol, I just realized how much the chief of police reminds me of Lin Beifong from the Legend of Korra XD)

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Loufe looked at the action below him from the building he was on. He was smiling at the heroism Patriot radiated, although he couldn't help but raise and eyebrow at the atmosphere he had with Li. It wasn't very friendly, to say the least.
Heh, guess the police aren't happy with their jobs taken. O.S laughed.

Nevertheless, Loufe decided he wanted a closer look. Someone was going to get suspicious about the large wolf-esque prints leading up the building.
"Welp, time to try this again." he concluded
Oh no. O.S groaned.
Loufe stood up and prepared to teleport. Teleporting was a surprisingly hard skill. Initiating it was no trouble at all, but the focus needed was intense. The image of where you're teleporting must be clear, or you could very well end up teleporting underground, or quite literally inside Davy Jones' locker. Or you'd be safe, but considering his luck...
Taking a deep breathe, Loufe summoned his magic disappeared from existence, before suddenly being brought back in it. Not exactly where he wanted to be, but at least on the floor.
O.S sighed, although it wasn't necessarily in relief. Huh, we're not dead. Shame, would've meant I could leave this body of yours.
Loufe shook his head, ignoring O.S, but also since teleporting was always a bit dazing. He really needed more experience.
It was then he realized he had teleported right next to a girl leaning on a wall, who had so much metal on her she might have been a cyborg. He backed off in surprise, actually yelping, until he thought about how it was probably just was surprising for her. He smiled sheepishly.
"Um...hi? My name is Loufe, local psychic psycho. And you are?" he asked, holding his hand...down as as greeting.

comic

Yin Li
The Chief of Police froze in her stead, eyeing the newcomer idly, before narrowing her eyes. "Yes? Have we met before?"
He seemed... oddly familiar. Like she'd seen him in a crowd one day but paid no mind. Or that she'd once spoken to him without bothering to try and remember. Personally, she'd just chalk it up to being overworked, which wasn't an uncommon trope for her. She never even gave her family the time of day, as sad as it was- but nobody else had her guts to try and keep superhumans in check. She barely took notice of Patriot finally leaving his adoring fans as he shot like a bullet high into the atmosphere, before flying off toward Paragon Tower, the headquarters for the superhero organization.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Kerco grinned as he gestured over to where Patriot had been prior. "I overheard your little chat with Mr high and mighty over there, and I must say I share your sentiments." He took a step forward, not to close, but just to emphasize his point, waving his hand as well. "Supers think they can zoom around the cities of the world and do as they please, thinking no will can or even would stop them." He smirked as finally got to the point he had stopped her for "I plan on cutting them back, knocking them down to where they should be, as they've elevated themselves higher, just because they can do what others can not." He stuck out his hand "Would you help me put those self righteous fools back in there place?"

comic

Yin Li
"You do realize who I am, right?" The chief asked, folding her arms, ignoring his extended hand with a callous glance. "We might have shared ideals according to you, but the way we go about solving problems is very different. You want to stoop to their level, become just as lawless and unchecked, no? I know your type. I deal with you for a living." She gave a pause to let her words sink in, making it clear she didn't approve of him. "I work with the law. By the law. The only way that works. That's supposed to work. So I'll offer you a chance. Stay out my way, and there won't be trouble. I'll even turn a blind eye to whatever you do, just as long as it doesn't hurt the real heroes of this city, not the ones playing pretend."
It may not have been what Kerco was striving for, but the woman was still offering an alliance to him, one on her own terms.

New York Museum of Mysteries
On the other side of the city sat a museum of wonders, filled with artifacts from all over the world. The museum itself was owned by Charles Warren, CEO of Warren Industries and easily the richest man this side of the country. Mr. Warren had a love for all things strange. Supernatural. Mysterious. He often went on expeditions around the world, discovering artifacts from all walks of life, from all times. He had an ancient mummy sarcophagus, relics of war from ancient Greece, even a tribal shield from a long-extinct Macedonian tribe. This was just barely scratching the surface, but today, he'd brought back something that intrigued him. A mysterious artifact found on an archaeological dig. An amulet, seemingly hidden deep within a long-forgotten temple. The weirdest part was, the temple was post-renaissance, meaning this artifact was still relatively new.

Charles Warren strode through his museum, the amulet in his hand, wrapped about in soft linen wraps, making his way past other results of his travels. He had long, flowing silver hair and a stern gaze that could send chills through even the most disturbed of people. The man made his way into the back of the museum to a warehouse section, yelling at several employees to leave him alone, before he set the amulet down on a box, and opened the linen cloth to reveal the intriguing artifact.
He stared at it for several long moments, before smiling slightly. Perhaps the stories surrounding it were true. Perhaps there really was a genie, or a guardian, or anything within, trapped for presumably eternity. The only issue was unlocking it. With bated breath, Charles brought his hand upon the amulet, grasping it in his palm, and rubbing his thumb over the encrusted jewel in the center. "It's time to wake up." He informed it, narrowing his eyes in eager anticipation.

...Nothing happened. Hm. He tilted his head to the side as he stared at the amulet, before getting an idea. Having dealt with magical artifacts in the past, he knew this was a risky move- but his curiosity would be his downfall, as his late wife used to say. Slowly, he slipped the amulet around his neck, and let it fall, the jewel thudding softly against his chest.
Surely this would work.

Last edited:

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Kerco looked to the side for a moment, this meeting being one of the few things that had not gone to his plan, looking back up, only missing a beat "Of course, those who only want good, the true heros I have no quarrel with." He paused for a second, as if thinking "Of course, at times its hard to tell who those might be, if you perhaps tell me who those might be?" He said, not necessarily saying it, but suggesting being in contact in the future.

Lilian felt she would be trapped forever, she had been on the same dumb shelf for so long, she had no clue why everyone left, wondering if she would ever be found. With a jolt, she felt the amulet being touched, as she had not been dusted for what she guessed to be decades, this exited her greatly, practically jumping to her feet and brushing her dress, making sure she was perfect for whoever put her on.

The necklace gave a short, soft pulse, a girl appearing out of thin air in front of him, wearing a fluffy black and white dress with a red trim. She looked around the empty room quickly, many unfamiliar thing now surrounding her, she quickly caught sight of Charles. Noticing he had the amulet, she dropped into a curtsy "Master."

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Four was laid back in a large comfy chair at Paragon Tower, he noticed Patriot's return. He stretched out and stood up, walking casually over to the entrance to the tower. He walked over to Patriot, "Hey Grayson, another good day, I presume. That bank robbery can't have been any trouble for you now could it" he said with a hearty slap on the back and a wide grin, "At this rate your gonna leave old timers like me in the dust" he said with a hearty laugh.
@comic

=Nightshade=

Hitori almost took the head off a guy who just popped into existence a few feet away. She let out a muttered curse before relaxing, activating her braces as she did so. If this guy was one of the ones after her, then she’d have to be prepared for fight or flight. “Hitori,” she said slowly, eyeing his hand with apprehension. Was he going to pull a knife? A gun? “Although I go by Techno in these parts.” She had a grappling hook belt at the ready in case she needed a quick getaway, and slightly turned towards the building in preparation. “I may as well ask outright,” she said, eyes narrowing. She didn’t beat around the bush. “Are you after me, or not?”

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Loufe's ear flickered in surprise at the question. He raised an eyebrow, still smiling in an attempt to calm her down.
"Um, no? Normally people know who they're after and don't ask for names. And if I wanted to, I could've just attacked from above, or a blast from behind, or-I'm not helping my case am I?"
I thought you were just bad at lying. Turns out the truth is just as difficult. O.S snickered
Loufe's eyebrow twitched in annoyance, and he continued "Point is, I'm not after you. No hostility here."
Well, maybe some... O.S growled, not that Hitori could hear him.
"Please don't start anything."

comic

Patriot - Paragon Tower
His movements were graceful, almost angelic. That's how most of the world had come to view Patriot. The truest image of a hero. He was often compared to the old comic book hero known as Superman, something Patriot often scoffed at. He believed himself better than the comic book hero, and wasn't afraid to make that known.
There was a landing pad jutting out the side of Paragon Tower, which Patriot landed on with grace before marching his way into the interior of the tower, before he was stopped by Four, another member of the Paragons.
"Too right you are, Four." Patriot replied, giving a pleasant smile as he slapped Four on the back in return. What should have been a friendly gesture was given underlying cruelty, the hit being a bit forceful, making Four stumble forward off balance. Without an apology, Patriot made his way by him, believing their interaction to be over, his cape billowing out behind him as he strutted off for the Paragon meeting room.

Yin Li
"This meeting is over." The Police Chief stated, appearing annoyed as she turned around, but stopped for a moment. "...however," She began, back to the superhuman. "If you do want to help, you can start by investigating Legion Bank and what really went down there. I don't have the jurisdiction or permits to do that myself. Interrogate Cretecon if you have to, but DON'T let Patriot know what you're doing. Or any of the Paragons for that matter."
With that, she left, making her way to a sleek black vehicle parked along the curb, climbing in and starting it up to drive off.

Charles Warren - New York Museum of Mysteries

The CEO smiled, looking over the individual that had magically appeared before him. While his demeanor was calm, he was internally throwing a party. Finally, after all this time, he may have found something useful for once. Something truly magical. Something to his advantage.
"Please. Call me Charles." The old man replied pleasantly, placing a firm hand on his chest. "Who might you be, dear?"

=Nightshade=

“Not necessarily,” Hitori muttered under her breath, relaxing a hair. If people were well informed of her powers, they’d most likely (rightfully) assume she had sensors aimed in various directions and probably would get her to trust them before stabbing her in the back. She turned to face him fully, fairly convinced of his genuine confusion, though not willing to trust him yet.

I need to make an enemy detector or something, Hitori thought wryly. Add that to my list after ray gun and mechanical wings. “Whatever. Forget I said anything.” Noting his mutter, but unable to make out his exact words, her brow furrowed in confusion and suspicion. “Are you talking to yourself? I mean, I talk to metal sometimes, but that’s just because I’m a sad, lonely nobody who lives wherever the hell she feels like.” She was beginning to think the guy was at least slightly insane, even as she cracked a dry quip. Either that, or he was a convincing liar and was talking into a microphone. She reached out with her mind, sending for any tech, but couldn’t find any on him. Scratch that idea. Maybe he really is just insane.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
At the accusation, Loufe's stiffened before nervously looked away, avoiding Hirtori's prying glare. He heard O.S cackling in his head.
"Whaaaat? No idea what you're talking about. I'm not crazy, I swear. No crazy people tendencies here, and nothing to cause them!" he forced a laugh "I mean, I don't have much company myself-"
Oi.
"Much enjoyable company, anyway. But I'm not crazy yet. But I mean..." hearing her nobody quip, he looked over quizzically.
"Well, if you think people are after you, I guess that makes you a somebody right? I mean, in a weird, murdery sense. I...don't think that's helping." bouncing on his heels awkwardly, he tried to change the topic. "Well, it's not like you're alone. Don't have a home myself, and my parents didn't want be as soon as I was born, I think."
As Loufe spoke, he seemed to droop slightly, before perking back up.
"On the bright side, I've managed to see a lot around the world, and the wild gave me a lot of adventures and survival tips." he grinned, his naturally perky demeanor returning.
Sometimes I hate your positivity. Try lying again. It's funny.

Last edited:

The Alright Attorney

Previously AlrightAttorney
“Alright, let’s see if this puppy still works.” Alan muttered out, as he slowly drug in a fairly sizeable box into his personal testing lab in the Paragon tower. The room was built for him to make new devices for other members of the team, and of course merge new tech with the alien organism that he has found himself bonded with. Right now, he was doing his weekly routine of testing gear that they’ve confiscated from villains. He opened up the box, and let out an excited chuckle, pulling out a home made jet pack.

“Must be from that bank robber a couple days back. Tried to escape with bags of money with a shoddy homemade jet pack. Well, one man’s failed getaway device is another man’s tool to save the day, as the saying goes.” Alan said with a slight chuckle, before taking the jet pack and setting it down in the middle of the testing area. With a deep breath, he he pressed the button in his mechanical wrist. “Let’s do this Adapter.” He whispered out, as the deep grey goop shot out the arm and covered Alan head to toe. It began to harden, and some sleek yellow and blue stripes appeared, giving it the appearance of your standard superhero armour.

Now fully transformed, Alan picked up the jet pack and brought it to his chest. Once that was done, the suit began to absorb it, breaking it down and understanding each of the individual components and how they work together to create the combustion that propels the user upwards. Once finished, Alan felt the suit grow a copy of the jet packs on the back of the suit. “Heh, nice...” Slowly, Alan began to float up into the air, the jet packs propelling him into the air. “Well look at that pal, we’re officially fliers.” He said to the alien.

The only response Alan got from the living suit was a feeling of agitation in the back of his head. “Hey what’s up? Ya feeling alright? The suit guided Alan’s eyes towards the TV, the news report detailing Patriot’s work at the bank. Alan just sighed as he was lowered to the ground. “Yeah I know how you feel about him. I’m the same way. But we have to deal with it. He’s our boss and could kill us with a look.” Once Alan reached the ground, the alien returned to the arm, and Alan left the lab, locking up and heading towards the lounge space.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Kerco smirked at thee woman "Of course, though, you dont need to be alarmed about me letting something on." He chuckled and turned around, thinking for a moment, before deciding to not do anything about the conversation other than make her forget his appearance, the whole thing ending quite well. He walked of, he had other plans for the day, but he did not want to disappoint his new ally as he walked of, stepping foot into the bank shortly after his departure.

The girl looked up, rather surprised the man had attached no title to his name. "Um, I'm Lilian." She stood up, looking around the room with greater detail now. "If I may ask, how did you find me?"

Last edited:

comic

Charles looked about the room they were in, which was dark, cramped, and full of crates and boxes. "Walk with me." He smiled at the woman, turning swiftly and leading her out of the warehouse into the museum. The room they entered opened up into a spacious area, a Liopleurodon skeleton hanging from the ceiling- the largest fossils of any prehistoric sea creature ever found, mind you -and glass cases containing various artifacts from all over the world filling the room, which led into an even larger room where more fossils were, including the fossils of a Giganotosaurus marking the entrance of the museum.
"I am an adventurer. A seeker of lost things. You, my dear, were lost. Forgotten." Charles informed her as he led her through the museum. "Hidden in the tombs of a long-dead, long-lost Pope. Your last master, I assume. He perished over three hundred years ago. You have been gone for quite some time."

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Lilian looked around as they walked, she looked up attentively as Charles talked. "Lost? I was an heirloom." She looked down at the ground "I wondered why no one ever called me out anymore." She was quiet for a moment "Where am I? What am I to do?"

Kerco looked around the bank, assessing what he could see immediately, really more damage than was necessary, but that was nothing new, he walked up to the front desk “Hello, I’m from the Paragon, I need to look through your security feed in order to asses the damage caused by patriot, and thus something we need to pay compensation for” he did not whisper it, but made sure he was quiet enough that no one else heard.

comic

"You are in the new world." Charles stated, spreading his arms wide as they made their way outside into the heart of New York City, skyscrapers stretching into the sky in every direction. "A lot has changed in the last three hundred years, but I'm sure you'll be up to speed in no time." He clasped his hands together, leader her down a set of stairs away from the museum toward a waiting black car where a tall man in a black suit stood, waiting.
"Your purpose now, as you know, is to serve me. From what I've gathered, you are both a supporter and a protector, am I wrong? You're trapped within this grand jewel, and inside of it is a... realm of its own. A pocket universe, if you will. You are meant to provide for and protect your master, which is exactly what I'd like you to do- but at the same time, your comfort is a priority of mine, as well. So please feel free to ask me for something should you desire it."
They reached the car, and the guard opened the door for them, Charles gesturing for Lilian to enter. "After you."

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Lilian looked at the skyscrapers in awe, marveling what something she had only dreamed of, though she had no time to comment before she noticed Charles walking away, hurting to follow. His comment on her service was what she expected, though she was still slightly disappointed. She nodded her head at his assessment of her, indicating her servitude towards him. She was also surprised about his concern for her comfort. When he motioned to the car, she looked at it curiously, wondering why she would get in such a thing. Looking back at her new master for a moment, she softly stepped in the car, sliding over to the far side of the car, making room for Charles.

The man looked up at Kerco, looking him up and down, though he did not recognize the figure before him, he did have the trademark confident look about him, and besides, when he reported the visit to the paragon later, they could confirm him, or find him. The man nodded “Of course, security of money.” The man motioned for Kerco to follow him into the back room, leading him to a screen, sitting down and pulling up the footage of the event earlier that evening.

Last edited:

comic

In he slid after her, settling down with a strained sigh, his body not what it used to be. The guard closed the door, before making his way to the front and getting into the driver's seat. Charles rolled his window down as he slid a long, thin cigar out from a cubby at his feet, quickly lighting it and taking a gentle puff.
The car began to move, making its way through the city, Charles staring at Lilian in interest along the ride, paying attention to her wonder as she saw the world for the first time in over three hundred years.
Finally, after a while, he cleared his throat. "Tell me about yourself, Miss Lilian. How did you come to be trapped in eternal servitude?"

Legion Bank
The feed was somewhat difficult to follow, the camera angles not providing the best look at the assault Cretecon led, or when Patriot arrived to the 'rescue', but as their fight went on something become increasingly obvious. Patriot knew he was being recorded, frequently standing about to flash a smile, throw a cheesy one-liner, and wink at the camera a few times. With his abilities he could have ground Cretecon, the rock man, into dust, but instead the leader of the Paragons but on a show- until several of the cameras went out when Cretecon started tossing benches and chairs at Patriot, one of which happened to be the camera facing the vault.
Before he knew it, the show was over, Patriot standing triumphantly over Cretecon, who was lying in an unconscious heap at his feet. Then the police arrived, and the rest was history.
So one thing was for certain- he still wasn't any closer to knowing what had happened to, or inside, the vault. It wasn't likely that Patriot had stolen money, he was already rich. But the greedy are never satisfied so not all cards were off the table.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Lilian looked from the window up at Charles, glancing at the guard, being used to not ever sharing her condition with anyone, though he seemed to not care. She domiciled back on her master as she answered his question. “I was abducted by a cult following some God or other, They did some ritual that bound me to the necklace, though they gifted me to there leader, the base they used to bind me was raided, I was then put into the jewelry market after a small amount of inspection before I was sold to a noble house.” She looked back out the window “After four generations with the family, I was forgotten.”

Kerco bit his lip, pulling out a CD, offering it to the man at the computer “Could you copy the footage onto this, and tell me who physically was there to witness the fight?”

comic

Charles smiled warmly. "And now... you are found." He stated, the car pulling up to a rather tall skyscraper, the name 'WARREN' plastered in great bold letters on the front of it. "Ah, here we are." The old man stated pleasantly, the vehicle coming to a stop and the guard moving back to open the door for them. "This is a place you will become very familiar with, my dear." Charles informed Lilian as they got out of the car, and he lead her inside the revolving entry doors, entering a room that opened up into a vast marble-filled entrance, full of comfy-looking chairs and couches, plotted plants in every corner, and a massive chandelier hanging down above them, its rainbow-like glass casting a multitude of brilliant colors upon the room. For something human-made, it was quite possibly one of the most gorgeous things to look at.
People milled about, mostly absorbed in the clipboards or tablets in their hands, but gave Charles a bright greeting when he passed by, which he returned equally as pleasant. "You could begin considering this place your second home." He informed Lilian, leading her to a large, very spacious elevator with golden plating and royal red carpets. Aside from that, it was entirely made of glass. The entire place, down to the last detail, was designed to scream 'wealth'. Once in the elevator, he pressed the '72' button, which was the very last one, and the elevator doors closed behind the two of them.

"I am the founder of Warren Industries, we deal in just about everything. Comfort, home security, food, pleasure, even toiletries." He added with a friendly chuckle. "But as you will become the most important person in my life, there are things I must share with you that are best left unspoken among others." His tone shifted as he gave her a serious expression, hands folded behind his back. "I also deal in illegal things as well. Military-grade weapons, unethical science, illegal drugs, with the black market. Otherwise I'd have never been able to attain this," He gestured around them as they moved upward, and outside of the elevator Lilian could see more of Warren Industries as they ascended. They'd gone up two dozen flights already and still hadn't met the top of the chandelier yet, which was massive in size, hanging down for at least a few hundred feet in length. There were walkways that wove around the chandelier- some even through it in grand archways, hallways made of rainbow crystals. "But this is just one piece of the giant puzzle that is my wealth." He informed her, the chandelier finally disappearing from view as they neared the top. "I invest in the future. In the well-being and comfort of humanity. My scientists work around the clock to develop the next best thing, whether that be weapons or phones, prosthetics or artificial intelligence. My laboratories are the most advanced in all the world, you'll come to find. Ah, here we are." The elevator dinged to a stop, and opened to reveal another large, spacious room. The elephant in the room happened to be just that- and elephant, reared on its hind legs, trunk in the air, ivory tusks sharpened dangerously. It was just stuffed, however, and a quick look around the room revealed plenty of other stuffed animals, all exotic, mostly just heads mounted on walls. "Don't mind the decor, I'm just a very ambitious hunter. Was better at it in my youth, but oh well... we all must grow old eventually, hm?" He led her past the stuffed animal carcasses and heads to a massive redwood door that he pushed open, revealing yet another large room, though this one was filled with lovely paintings instead. A lot of which Lilian could recognize. "This is my office, where all the magic happens." Charles stated grandiosely. "The paintings you see around are collected from all over the world- and I've paid top dollar for the authentics. These are all originals- or at least those that still have originals. Not to mention there were a few I was unable to get the originals for, like the Mona Lisa, which is still at the White House."
He came to a stop at a great oaken desk, polished to shine against the sunlight that filtered into the room from the various massive windows that decorated the walls alongside the paintings. "Now... is there anything you'd like?" He asked, turning to face her as he stopped behind his desk.

Legion Bank
The man this time seemed more suspicious than before, eyeing the CD before looking directly at Kerco. "Uh... what'd you say your name was again?" He asked.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Lilian looked around the massive building in awe, this place seemed large enough to contain her whole city! "Surely, is he not some sort of king?" She only took her eyes of the wonders when Charles spoke. She was not really fazed by the illegal business, she was used to keeping secrets like that due to her first master, though she did not like it all to much. When he said this was only a small piece of his wealth, she looked utterly shocked. Finally reaching his office, he mentioned that everyone must grow old, to witch she glanced at her necklace. Looking back up to Charles, he had asked her what she wanted. She paused a moment, disappearing and reappearing with a parchment in her hand. “I need flour, eggs, milk, honey, chicken, venison, other game meat, oil, carrots, onions, and assorted fruits.” She placed down the parchment on his desk “I’d also like more writing paper, ink, new cooking books, and history books.”

Kerco placed a hand on his head, as if thinking “Actually, I don’t believe I said, how rude of me.” He pulled his hand down “Sorry for not introducing myself sooner, I am Donavan.” He looked down at him “I can see you don’t really understand why I would need a copy myself. Well, you see, I don’t have the best vision, and want to bring it back to my office for a closer look, just in case.” He looked out the door, almost as if expecting someone to be there, before leaning in and whispering “And besides, you know how Patriot is, even if it will be all over the internet soon, he will want his very own copy of the record to show to people.”

One Mr. Tony Nelson had been in the Museum of Mysteries, looking around for an artifact connected to Plant Manipulation, but was thrown out of the museum due to accidentally making the plants move on their own. He then decided to open a backpack with a Dragon tree, growing dragons on it. He plucked several dragons to cause havoc in nearby buildings.

------

Logan Maverick, better known as Magnetic, was walking through what would be equivalent to his playground, he was an Electromagnetic person. He was reminiscing about days far gone, before the events that led to April's death. He then decided to test more of his limits when he found a spot he was alone. Pieces of metal from about fifty feet out flew towards him until it got to what he called 'Critical Mass'.

-----

Adrianna Hathaway, had been in training when she heard Patriot had taken down a villain, and had been following up on Dragons near the museum, miniature ones though and found a Tobias Nelson sending miniature dragons into buildings.

"We have a Draconic problem near the museum." Adrianna whispered into her phone.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Four sighed to himself as Patriot responded, "damn brat, someone needs to knock him down a notch, I'm not up for it these days but so.eone should" he turned and looked at his watch and shrugged, "I've got nothing else to do today so I guess I'll head out. He said as he moved to a cha going room where he changed into his hero costume that consisted of black trousers, black boots, black gloves, a black leather jacket with an infinity symbol on the chest. He then left the tower and took a helicopter to his destination. He arrived in New York and began dealing with fans and the odd mugging.

He was on a nearby roof, using a binocular to look inside the bank, (Legion bank i think?), he was eyeing the treasure from outside "Hippity hoppity this money will be my property, heh" he said, seeing his three options , Breaking in with a gun, using a diversion or stealthily getting in. Choosing the stealth option and getting in from some vents on that bank's roof

comic

Without missing a beat, Charles leaned over to a microphone on his desk, pressing a small red button at its base. "Miss Viola, please come see me immediately."
Not even ten seconds later, a portly little woman came rushing into the room, her large round glasses askew on her face as she hobbled over to the desk. "Yes Mr. Warren?" She asked hurriedly, red in the face. Evidently, she'd run here. "Please take this list and purchase everything on it." He instructed her, sliding the parchment across his desk. She snatched it up, looking over it quickly, and without another word, left.
"I took the liberty of adding a few things to your list, such as your own laptop. You'll learn more about it shortly." He stood up, and made his way over to the nearest window overlooking the city. "Now... there is just one more detail you must become aware of," He began. "This world has become infested with the 'superhuman'. Those with unnatural abilities, and use them mostly for personal gain. Some for less selfish measures but those folk are far more rare. It is my dream to learn how and why these people exist. What makes them special? What makes them tick. In my scientific endeavors, I have made as many enemies as I have allies, and my search grows desperate. That was when the thought struck me- what if I could make myself superhuman? What if I could defend myself just as good as an army?" He glanced back at her. "This is what leads me here today. I have been pooling my resources into finding the source of the superhuman power. Into finding out how to harness it, and use it myself. Supers are the future, and the future is something I fully intend to harness."

Legion Bank
The receptionist pursed his lips, eyeing Kerco strangely, before opening his mouth. "O-okay, but... I'm definitely calling this in. Can never be too careful." He informed, grabbing his phone and dialing something before putting it up to his ear.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Lilian looked down at the microphone, picking it up for a second to look it over, setting it back down. She wondered what a laptop might be, and why she would need one. She listed to what he had to say about the superhuman "Is that why you wanted to find me? Do you think I am able to help in some way?"

Kerco gave a nod, putting the disk back "Of course, the wisest move, though let me to relive myself while you do so." He swiftly made his way out of the room, forcing the man to forget about the whole thing accept the walk to the room, though not who he walked back with, or why. Kerco slipped in the bathroom, sighing and indeed using the restroom before walking out, waiting for a chance to go back into the security room on his own.

It was a particularly brisk night when she strolled into the high rise office. Shaggy cape flowing behind her, armored in black steel. The only skin showing was the top half of her head- Her mouth covered by a stylized grate, with ghastly green lights shining from it. A light fog emitted from it, streaming behind her as she walked. Her yellow eyes glowering at the man sitting behind the desk.

"So you're the Necrodytis! What a terror, the descriptions and pictures do you no justice." He spoke jovially, like she was a companion of his. Though he clearly had just met her for the first time. "Wow, you nail that look! Not many people can pull off something like that, but you-"

"ENOUGH. I DON'T CARE FOR USELESS CHATTER." Necrodytis menaced over the man, who's jovial expression seemed to fade. "I DON'T OFTEN COME IN PERSON. MAKE THIS WORTH MY WHILE."

"Fine, fine." He dropped the impressed act, pulling out a thin file from his desk. "We're having problems with break-ins. And I mean big problems. It's costing us millions." He opened up the file, revealing two things- A paper describing their "problem" in simple text, and more pressingly, a picture of whom Necrodytis could only assume was the target. Picking it up with a clawed gauntlet, she raised an eyebrow at it.

"IT'S A GIRL. YOUNG. IS SHE THE DAUGHTER OF YOUR PROBLEM?"

"No, she is the problem."

Necrodytis took a moment. "YOU CAN'T STOP A TEENAGER WITH LEG BRACES?"

"She made the entire security system go kaputz. With one touch, the entire thing was scrambled! It took a while to get it working, and then she did it again! And she keeps getting away with some of our finest goods." The CEO growled out. "It doesn't look good to be constantly broken into. Investors get antsy. Think we're laundering this shit out to terrorists or something. But it's even more embarrassing that this punkass gets away with it! And Warren Industries is always looking out for something it could scoop up. And I'm not getting kicked by some stupid world explorer who think he can run a busi-" The CEO seemed to catch himself going off topic, something Necrodytis was grateful for. "Look. I don't care what you do- Slice her to ribbons, leave her to rot, just don't let her break into us again!"

The mercenary was quiet for a moment. "AND FOR MY PAYMENT?"

"Payment comes after the job, of course. One and a half million. It's worth less than the damage this brat is causing us."

"CONSIDER IT DONE THEN."

It her clawed gauntlet, she scooped up the file, closing it. And wordlessly turned around, leaving the office.

"You'll be paid when we know she's not our problem!" Necrodytis still didn't speak as the doors closed behind her. The CEO wasn't sure if she was the best choice, but he'd be damned if she wasn't the most interesting mercenary he had seen...

-----

It had been two days since.

Janice was leaving her work for the day. 5PM, on the dot, as usual. A few coworkers left aside her, asking the typical things for the Friday night. Drinks, in particular. And as always, she simply turned it down, with the typical excuse of "other plans".

"What do you think she has to do all the time?" One asked, as soon as Janice was out of earshot.

"Who knows? Probably just going out with other people instead of us. Anyways, you hear what happened at Legion Bank today? Crazy stuff..."

Entering her small townhouse, Janice made her way to the bathroom- After religiously locking the door, closing shades, and making sure she was alone, she had begun washing off her hands and face. Makeup washed off her skin, revealing the grey shade laying beneath. Doing the same to her face, she looked in the mirror. A woman in the mirror, not Necrodytis, but certainly not Janice. A sigh escaped her.

"Let's get this done."

Some twenty minutes later, a slinking shadow slipped out of a back window. Into the streets she went, in the last moments of daylight.

The girl was known as "Techno". Had been raiding labs for a few years. She had gained a reputation as a nuisance and thief in some circles. In others she was a hero. Didn't matter. Definitely wasn't going to be a terribly difficult target once Necrodytis had her eyes on her. To make things even easier? Right before the attack on Legion Bank, there was another break in. No doubt she had just made another theft, and couldn't of gone far by now. A fish in a barrel, and Necrodytis had a loaded shotgun.

And she was already aiming it.

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

Yep. He’s crazy, Hitori decided. Denial is the first sign. Although, at least he’s sane enough to hold a somewhat understandable conversation? “Weird, murdery sense?” she repeated, breaking through her thoughts. “Nah, I’m no killer. I just steal half-finished— nevermind, if you knew what I was they’d be after you too.” As he continued, she kind of nodded along to what he was saying. So his parents had abandoned him too. Welcome to the club. He was from the wilds, she was from the streets, hmm? Yeah, okay, he might be better at survival in a forest, but she was street-savvy, and lately that’s what she’d been needing. She’d taken the liberty of being twice as careful lately, even concealing the entrance to her hole-in-the-wall with a quickly pieced-together holo-emitter, as her raids had been closer together. The movies made it seem way too easy to build a ray gun.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Loufe gave a weak laugh. "Uh...huh. Well-"
O.S chimed in. Someone's walking around nearbyish, by the way. O.S spoke casually, as he always did when something worrying was happening.
"Wha-?" Loufe paused, looking back and forth for this person. "What do mean? People are walking past, that's it." he whispered, looking behind himself in attempt to avoid Hitori hearing. Despite having the same brain, somehow O.S could only hear him speak aloud, which meant...problems..
Ehh sure, but this one's odd. They smell weird, like they're infected with something. Seems healthy enough, though.
Loufe sighed. "Whatever. Stop snooping on people."
Great, now he was on edge. This Hitori just talked about people after her. He had assumed she was joking, despite her disposition, but...

A normal-looking car with tinted windows slowly made its way down the street. While this car looked like a rather plain, forgettable car on the outside, inside the vigilante known as Crosshair rode. He had spent a while on this car, reinforcing it to make it tougher and adding more storage space. Souping up the engine to make it faster. Adding in a few tricks. But this was the first time he was bringing it out in public. And he had to say, it certainly beat back when he was stuck running through the sewers and across rooftops.

The vigilante checked his watch. He still had some time before the Double Drakons gang was meeting up for their weapons smuggling. That was, if the tip was right. Crosshair looked out the window as he drove past the bank that had been broken into earlier that day. The one that Patroit had swooped in and saved. There was something that Crosshair always felt was off about that hero, but for all his digging he couldn't find anything that confirmed it. He wanted to check it out, but he supposed that would have to wait until later...

Shuzo Takeshi had arrived at home in a rather dull mood.

Well, dull-er than usual, he supposed.

It certainly wasn't work that had gotten him so sour; his guise of amiability and friendliness had been as easy to drop as it had been to adopt without much effort or circumstance. No, it was the chatter that rang obnoxiously throughout the restaurant, among the subway passengers, pretty much every square inch of the bustling city of New York. It had all been about the same topic: Patriot apprehended Cretecon at Legion Bank! Wow, what a hero; he and the Paragons could never be beat! Surely with them around, the world would be perfectly safe from all harm!

As if, Shuzo scoffed as he turned the key and unlocked his front door, stepping in with an irritated rub of his chin; such exasperation had been caused by annoyance directed towards the beloved Paragons and the adulation they constantly received. Yes, he conceded that they were quite powerful, but he couldn't say much for the damage they left in their wake, not to mention the publicity they seemed to ask for and receive in spades, especially Patriot. As the superpowered population continued to drastically increase around the globe, it also became increasingly clear that the majority of the population did not deserve such abilities, as all they did was use their power as a tool to better satisfy their selfish desires rather than do good for the world and root out evil.

To save him yet another headache, one of many previous inconveniences that also stemmed from his dislike of the Paragons, Shuzo decided to leave his thought process at that and move on to more important matters. Turning to glance at the wall to his right after taking off his trench coat and hat, he scanned the web of information and important figures in the underground, all connected by string. Roughly fifteen minutes, around 5:30 PM, and the notorious Double Drakons would convene to smuggle weapons at the Silver Sand Docks, according to what the underground hero had inferred. After taking a deep breath, Shuzo walked over to a small framed painting above the fireplace and removed it from the wall. Behind it was an electronic keypad, and after entering the code, the fireplace began to rise up into the ceiling, revealing a small, dimly lit space behind the wall. Inside stood a clothed mannequin, above which sat two blades atop sword hangers. Shuzo popped his neck and knuckles before closing his eyes and sucking in a deep breath once again. As he exhaled, his eyes snapped open, bright scarlet lightning dancing around his dark irises and hands.

Time to go to work.

Last edited:

comic

"One of the reasons, yes." Charles admitted, taking a seat and promptly propping his legs on his desk in a very unprofessional manner. For someone his age, it was a surprise this didn't pull something. "I believe this gem," he looked down at the amulet he wear, and the brilliant gem embroidered in its center. "Has certain properties. Magical properties. Secrets that could help me unlock the next chain of evolution. Not to mention, I may be able to free you from your prison in the process."

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Lilian looked at Charles with surprise, before shacking her head “With all due respect, messing with the kind of binding magic they used on me is a really bad idea.” She looked out the window “And, getting me out is not possible it’s like....” she paused a moment, thinking back to her first years in this fate.

15 century England

Lilian sat in a chair with the cultists, most would not think such a thing was bad, as she was not tied up, but she might as well be with as far as she could go from her ‘trainer’. She hated the man, holding a whip, always punishing her harshly over any mistake. She looked to the other side of the room, not sighing due to the harsh rules. She spotted the man who had done the ritual on her in the first place, reading the same book like it was the most interesting thing in the world, after several minutes the man put down the book and left, that left her in the relatively small room alone, her trainer being in the next room over eating a meal she had made, and not gotten to eat. She got up, ready to turn around and go back in the room to ask if he needed anything, before an idea struck her. She looked around the room, checking she was alone before darting across the room, touching the book to send it back to the necklace space, the book now hers.

Many hours later, she rested in the bed in the necklace, opening the book and reading, flipping past most of it, coming to the spell they used on her, as she read, her heart sank and sank. According to the book, she was the necklace, like mixing gold and silver, once mixed, they can’t be separated. She placed the book on a shelf, not caring that the cultist would most likely be killed for losing it.

21 century U.S.A

”... like mixing together gold and silver, once put together, you can’t take the gold, or the silver out” She finished after her moment of thought. She looked down at the floor, wondering what Charles would intend to do in the end.

Nikolai furrowed his brow as he read the latest article to make it's way across his desk for approval. It was technically well written, something he expected from each of his employees, but there was something missing from this story of Patriot stopping the villain that had tried to rob Legion Bank. Nikolai shook his head and picked up his desk phone, dialing the author's extension. After a brief wait, she picked up.

"You've got Chelsea."
"Hey, Chel, I'm reading your article here and it's missing a fair bit of detail regarding what actually happened during Patriot's fight with Cretecon."
"I'm sorry, sir, but what's in the article is all that's there. I used all the information that has been released to the public."
Released to the public, eh? Nikolai considered her words for a moment, before saying, "I'll head down to Legion Bank and see what else I can scrounge up. You can upload the article to the site, but until we can get more detail it's not going in the paper."

Nikolai hung up the phone and stood from his desk. All the information that's been released to the public, he echoed mentally. That means there's far more to it than Legion is letting on. He pulled open the thin middle drawer in his desk, revealing the set of brass knuckles along with the .357 revolver that lay within it. Nikolai's hands hovered briefly over first the revolver, then the knuckles, before he grabbed both, slipping the revolver into an under-arm holster and the knuckles into each pocket of his gray khaki pants. Outta be more than enough for whatever I may run into, he thought as he pulled a thin black jacket over his shoulders, concealing his holster without needing to zip the jacket.

Nikolai considered his appearance in the reflection of his office window that looked out into the bullpen. His neat, jet black hair had a streak or two of gray running through it, as did the heavy stubble that framed his jaw. And I'm not even that old, Nikolai lamented. Along with his gray khakis, the man also wore a thin-striped white button down, a black tie, and black suspenders. Eh, maybe I am getting old, he thought jovially, regarding the suspenders.

Nikolai left his small office, crossed through the bullpen, and went down the stairs leading out of the Kitchen Inquirer's building. Time to find out what really happened, the man thought with a hint of excitement. If I take a train to...yeah, then I can cut through the Silver Sand Docks and be to the bank sooner.

comic

Charles Warren - Warren Industries
Charles only seemed to smile wider at this. "A respectable challenge, to be sure." He stated. "But I decide what's impossible and what isn't. You don't innovate the future without an attitude like that." He paused, staring up at a painting of the night sky on the far wall. "Your amulet... your curse is, as many things are, a piece of a greater puzzle. A puzzle I have been building for seven years. Seven long years. I'm close now. I can feel it." He turned his gaze upon Lilian, a twinkle in his eye. "With determination, and the right tools, even gold and silver can be separated."

Last edited:
Paragon tower: Lounge room (@The Alright Attorney or @comic or anyone really, as long as they're in Paragon tower XD)
Superheroes were celebrities, no doubt about it. They definitely had some differences but the superhero community was almost a perfect parallel to the celebrity one: A winding web of ranks and groups where popularity was hard to gain and easy to loose. Drama was rampant between the heroes and who knew what shady stuff was going on in the background. Despite all this Samuel had managed to climb from the very bottom to the absolute top. A few years of hard work and Samuel had built quite a reputation, enough of one to be recognised and eventually accepted into the Paragons. He was very, very new. It had been merely a day since he'd moved into the Paragon tower and it had not been what he expected.

Truthfully he hadn't really known what to expect. More organisation? Though perhaps there was and he just didn't know about it. A warm welcome? Probably coming later or not at all, being a hero is busy work and it's not like a welcome party or some nonsense like that could be organised. "Hmm" Samuel hummed to himself. Perhaps that was for the best. Slipping into the ranks of the Paragon's without a big commotion or welcome could be a good thing. He'd been lucky to be excused from hero duty whilst he settled in, that was definitely generous, but would they be generous for long? There wasn't any need to worry, for now he needed to settle into what was now his home ... his strange home.

Settling in was just what Sam was doing. He was in the lounge area of Paragon tower, sitting comfortably but properly on the end of one of the sofas. A book lay on his waist, open and occasionally flicking itself to the next page. It was of course his telekinesis moving the paper which was enveloped in an orange glow, the same glow that was illuminating his dull eyes. He was dressed comfortably, jeans and jumper with only socks to cover his feet. He'd 'seen' people but he hadn't spoken to anyone, as he was waiting for them to make the first move. In hindsight no one probably wanted to initiate conversation with a strange new person who was rather young and had glowing eyes. Still though, he had faith and not to much investment. The current page of his book lifted and folded over, Samuel continuing to read with his ability.

comic

Patriot - Paragon Tower
The sleek, clean grey door that separated the lounge room from the hallway outside opened up with a metallic hiss to let in a star-spangled hero, who strode past a young boy on the sofa. Patriot stopped in front of the television, plucking the remote from atop it, and making his way back toward the sofa, only now noticing the newcomer. He stopped, frowned, and blinked. "You're a long way away from the fan club, kid." He said, folding his arms. "That's back on the ground floor."