• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Paragons - Act I

The Alright Attorney

Previously AlrightAttorney
Shortly after Alan arrived in the lounge, the newest member of the team had arrived, having seemingly finally settled in and relaxed. A small smile grew on Alan’s face, as he was fairly new to the team as well, and was glad to have another person here. ‘Might as well get to introducing myself then’ Alan thought to himself, quickly getting to his feet and making his way over. Just as he was about to reach the newcomer, the door slid open, and in walked the man himself, Patriot.

Once again, the alien let out a growl only Alan could hear. Alan grabbed his arm, basically telling the creature to cool it. With out a word, Patriot sauntered by his fellow Paragons, and went straight to the TV, Alan just sighing and crossing his arms. Finally, when the star spangled hero noticed his subordinates, he assumed the newbie was just a fanboy. “Patriot, he’s not a fan, he’s the newest member of the team. Samuel, right? Telekinesis from what I’ve read.” Alan explained the Patriot, glancing between Samuel and the much larger hero as he spoke.

@Martin Pine @comic

Patriot would feel a slight warmth overcome him. It was not intimidating or threatening in the slightest as it was merely Sam using his Telekinesis to see. The blind hero directed his head to face Patriot, the action not being necessary but Sam knowing it was polite. He felt ... somewhat worried, like he was in mortal danger. He was, this was Patriot.

Sam tensed up, unease appearing on his features as he fumbled to find some words. Another voice spoke on Samuel’s behalf, the hero listening to him and then nodding. He rose to his feet, his expression easing despite being unsure of whether to offer his hand to Patriot or bow. Samuel did the latter, slightly dipping his torso forwards as he introduced himself. “Pleasure to meet you patriot” His eyes still glowed a dim orange, aimlessly looking ahead as Samuel straightened back up.

@comic @The Alright Attorney

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Patriot - Paragon Tower
"Telekinesis, hm?" Patriot tilted his head as he stared at Sam with newfound interest, watching as he nervously introduced himself, which made the superhero smirk. "Welcome to the family, kid. Let's hope you're a little more..." His eyes flicked to Alan before back to Samuel. "Useful than the bunch I usually get around here." With that, he turned, plopped down onto the sofa, and flipped on the television, which began playing the news, talking about how rent was at an all-time high in Manhattan, which seemed to bore Patriot, who'd been expecting more about him.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Lilian looked nervous, she really did not like the look in Charles eyes, although she had no grounds to doubt her new master, her experience with that kind of magic, well, it was not something to be played around with. "Ok sir." Lilian looked out the window, silent for a moment "Mast- Charles, I've been in that necklace for a long time, would it be possible to go outside?"

The Alright Attorney

Alan narrowed his eyes slightly, having noticed the little side glance that Patriot gave him. Good to know that their 'fearless leader' pretty much thought he was useless. Alan was starting to question why he even bothered sticking around. All he could do now was sigh, and turn his attention back to Samuel. "Hey if you ever need any gadgets, then I'm your guy. My tech lab is just down the hall. Let me know if you ever need me to whip something up for you." Alan offered a small smile and nod, before going to sit again, staying as far away as possible from Patriot as he could.

Patriot’s response was a little unnerving. The man had a tense atmosphere around him, swelling from the amount of power he had and the rumours, the ones that everyone knew but no one spoke of. Rather than sit with Patriot Sam listened to Alan, tilting his head a little at the offer. “Gadgets huh?” He moved away from the sofa and towards the other hero in the room, his book silently floating after him as a small smile appeared on his face.

He’d been on a few teams before, minor ones that all had a technology wizzes on them but they’d lacked the funding the paragons did. It would be interesting to see what could be made Sam decided to talk to this other hero before immediately asking for something. “I’m ... well you know my name I suppose, what’s yours?” He addressed Alan with a small bit warm smile.

The time was getting close. Outside Warehouse 32, the garage doors opened to allow a few cars in before it closed. Crosshair had parked a few blocks away, not wanting a chance of raising suspicion, and had set up surveillance in the Warhouse across the street. The vigilante checked his watch. 5:10. The time was fast arriving, and it was time for him to make some moves.

Crosshair hadn't picked this warhouse just because it was across the street, no. There was also a sewer that ran underneath both these warehouses, and that was going to be his way in. Crosshair put down his scope, putting it back in his duffel bag. The dark haired vigilante slung his duffel bag over his shoulder before climbing down a ladder into the sewer. The murky runoff from the streets splashed under his feet as he made his way towards Warehouse 32. The time, the place, and the Double Drakons were all here. But there was one bit of information Crosshair hadn't been able to find. The seller. He was going into that part blind, and that was a bit unsettling. For all his digging, he hadn't been able to figure out who the weapons dealer was...

He climbed the ladder, undoing the latch and entering the sub-basement of Warehouse 32. Although the latch looked like it hadn't been used in ages, the door didn't make a sound. The lock appeared to have rusted off long ago, leaving it open for Crosshair to enter. Lucky. The vigilante scanned the room, listening carefully. In the distance, voices could be heard. The gang members. Crosshair unzipped his duffel bag, pulling out the tool for the job. A Heckler & Koch UMP Submachine Gun. It was small, light, and quick, and would do good in this close combat situation.

Stealthily, Crosshair made his way up from the basement. The Double Drakons were there, sitting around on tables and boxes. Nearly all of them were armed, and were waiting for the buyer to show up. Unnoticed by the group, Crosshair climbed onto a scaffolding above and waited.

As Nikolai listened to the echo of his steps reverberating off the warehouses and cobblestone street, he realized that something was off at the Silver Sand Docks. His echoing footsteps were the only source of sound reaching his ears. It's hardly ten after five, but no one's around? He wondered, head on a swivel as he searched for signs of life among the slowly lengthening shadows.

Nikolai turned a corner just in time to witness a warehouse door close behind a handful of cars, the last of which he recognized from a couple weeks back when he approved an article on the Double Drakon gang. Something must be going down, he thought. A slight glare caught the man's eye, and he turned his head upwards to see another man's head disappear behind the wall of a neighboring building's roof. That was a scope glare, Nikolai thought, quickly becoming more intrigued with this dock situation than with his mission to the bank.

Nikolai slipped into an alley that neighbored the sniper's building, and ended up finding a door that hadn't been locked. By the time he made it up to the roof, however, the sniper was long gone. "Damn," Nikolai said aloud, surveying the roof for any sign of where the man might have gone. He couldn't have left the building, I would've seen him as I was coming in, Nikolai pondered.

The journalist turned his eyes to the warehouse across the way. "If the Double Drakons are there, and he was watching them..." Nikolai didn't finish his thought as he raced back down the stairs, intending to find a door into the other warehouse. At least, that's what he would've done if he hadn't noticed a disturbed sewer grate on the ground floor.

Am I really gonna climb down into a sewer for a story? Nikolai asked himself as he stared at the grate. Of course I am! He decided, clambering down the ladder and quietly splashing down into the inch-deep murky water.

Last edited:
Warehouse 32, 5:45 PM

The Double Drakon members murmured in hushed voices amongst each other, the majority of their conversations being queries as to what was taking the seller so long. Suddenly, the discussion was interrupted by the sound of a truck pulling in, large crates stored in the trunk. The vehicle skidded to a halt in front of the gang, and after it was parked, a man dressed in rather Western clothing—trench coat, jeans, boots, and all—stepped out of the truck, approaching his buyers with a tip of his hat and a toothy grin.

"Sorry to keep y'all waitin'. Shipment came in a little late, but what can I say? I got high standards for my craft."

A handful of the Double Drakon members walked over to the trunk and began unloading, setting crates down on the ground and opening them with a crowbar. The boxes were filled to the brim with all kinds of rifles, rocket launchers, weapons with heavy firepower and massive damage. Gang members whistled in fascination and interest, chuckling to themselves over the prospect of all the havoc they would be able to wreak with such destructive firearms, and the seller's smirk grew wider.

"As you all can clearly see, these bad boys are more powerful than anything you can get on the black market right now; all the destruction and chaos you can create lies right before your eyes, and the Paragons? They don't got the time to deal with us. While they're occupied with taking out the supers that share our... lawless tendencies and wading through all the paparazzi, us humans will be right there to keep doing what we do without any fuss."

Before the excited clamor could get any louder, the seller clapped once to regain the gang's attention and shoved his hands into his pockets. "So... let's get down to business, shall w—urk!!"

In the blink of an eye and a brief flash of light reflecting off of steel, a shoto blade was flung from the scaffolding high up and pierced through the seller's back, and with a splatter of coughed up blood, he fell to the ground, no longer breathing. With gasps of shock, the Double Drakons quickly rose from their seats and brandished their assault rifles, looking up to the ceiling and trying to locate where the blade could have come from.

Suddenly, a burst of bright red light shot downward like a thunderbolt that scorched the ground where it struck, out of which emerged a man clothed in ninja garb and a cloth mask covering his mouth and nose. Steel samurai plating adorned his torso and shins, and two sheaths hung against his left hip. The man would have looked like an overachieving cosplayer, had it not been for the sparks of scarlet lightning, crackling around his body and dancing in his eyes, that were more than enough for the gang members to identify the underground hero known as Sparkblade (Shuzo hated that name).

The Double Drakons' eyes were filled with terror, but after a brief moment of shock, a particularly bold member yelled, "We outnumber him; just gun him down!" Immediately, the entire gang began to open fire, some even grabbing the upgraded weapons from the seller's crates and shooting at the hero. Shuzo narrowed his eyes and lunged forward, yanking his shoto out of the seller's corpse and unsheathing his daito as he leapt into the fray with his red lightning in full force; as he charged at the gang, he remained oblivious to the presence of another vigilante watching from the shadows of the warehouse.

Last edited:

The Alright Attorney

Alan watched Samuel walked over towards, a soft smile on his face. Patriot did have a fairly intimidating aura, so it made sense the new recruit would want to keep his distance for now. “Ahh geez, I guess I never did introduce myself did I? Sorry ‘bout that. The name is Alan. The Paragon’s techno wiz. But you probably know me better as The Adapter.” Alan chuckled softly, pointing back at a picture of him in his hero armour. Pretty much every member of the Paragons had a picture here in the lounge, past and present.

Silver Sand Dock Sewer, 5:20 PM

Nikolai slowly crept through the sewer, taking short, quick breaths to avoid smelling the stench for too long. After about two minutes of walking through the shallow water, he finally came upon another ladder and grate. Judging by how long it took him to walk, Nikolai estimated that he was directly underneath Warehouse 32. He crept up the ladder slowly, only to discover that the grate was already dislodged.

Better safe than sorry,
Nikolai thought, drawing his revolver from its holster before he emerged into what was clearly the warehouse's basement. Aside from some crates here and there, Nikolai was alone, but he could here faint speech coming from a set of stairs across the room. The intruder kept his revolver drawn, and slowly sneaked his way up the steps and into the main room of the warehouse. He was met with a host of at least a dozen Drakon members, but thankfully none of them were turned his way.

Nikolai silently slipped his off hand into a jacket pocket, retrieving a small recording device and switching it on. The recorder was a recent innovation, and was set to start recording the moment multiple voices were detected. He placed the device in between a pair of crates just in front of the stairs, and crept back down the stairs and back into the sewer. If bullets started flying, Nikolai certainly didn't want to be in the way, and besides, he already had somewhere to be.

Nikolai's mind wandered as he emerged from the sewer and left the building. I can always loop back around through here when I'm done at the bank, he thought, But it's a shame I was only able to get a glimpse of the top of that guy's head. If there's a vigilante working around here, I want to know about it. Just as he pondered how to find the man from the roof, Nikolai's eyes fell on an unassuming black sedan parked a stone's throw away. Nikolai thought about it for a moment, before drawing a small tracking device from his pocket, along with a couple pieces of gum. The journalist chewed quickly, activating the tracker as he did, and used the gum to stick the device inside of the car's wheel well. It's the best lead I've got, he thought with a shrug, before taking off in a jog towards Legion Bank.

Legion Bank, 5:45 PM

By the time he arrived at Legion Bank, Nikolai had rinsed the stink from his boots and was feeling confident about how things played out at the Docks. Whether something goes down or not, I've still got at least one story, the man thought as he opened one of the ornate front doors. Even though the rubble had been cleaned up by the time he got there, it was clear to Nikolai that excessive force had been used. Whole columns were demolished, there were chunks ripped from the walls, and there was a thin layer of concrete dust just about everywhere.

The golden boy really went above and beyond, he mentally remarked. Nikolai walked up to the reception area and gave the man behind the desk a disarming smile. I'll go with the alternate approach. "Afternoon," he began, still smiling. "I'm Ryan Donahue, a PR rep for the Paragons. The big guys upstairs-" he gestured skyward jovially "-sent me down here to work something out regarding the damages caused to the bank here. Can I see the security footage from the incident today?"

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
A lone figure shamled along the streets. A man, with crazed look in his eyes, yet his gait was slow and dull. The man looked lost, and that wasn't far off.
Massi, as people call it, breathed heavily through it's new body. There was no purpose in his walk, he just found himself doing so. Suddenly, he turned, showing surprising energy considering his sluggishness before. He smelled something.
Blood. Human blood.
The creature moved quickly, quite impressively, especially considering the speed he moved before, making his way closer to the smell. He found himself in front of a building in the Silver Sand Docks. The noises were loud, causing Massi too back off slightly, before a stray bullet found its way out of the building and into Massi.
It was painless, the bullet just entered Massi's shoulder was was popped out of the wound as it healed. However, the alien's wild temper was sparked and it screeched.
His back seemed to split open, unveiling four grotesque, fleshy tentacles with blades at the end. Massi smashed the blades into the wall, breaking through easily. He screeched again, and sent two of his blades at the nearest throats available

Samuel could feel his finger pointing in a direction but struggled for a moment to find the objects that Alan was trying to direct him too. Photos, in frames. He couldn't see them, the picture was flat. Sam's 'vision' merely showed them as blank pieces of paper. Not wanting to be rude he turned, pretending to look at them before smiling and looking back to Alan. "It's nice to meet you Alan, I've heard about your work as Adaptor, I've heard everyone's work really" Samuel wouldn't called himself a fan but he knew about the Paragons, probably a little more than most people.

The orange glow emanating from his eyes dimmed a little as he let go of his book, the hovering piece of literature dropping into Samuel's hands as he moved to sit down next to Alan. "How long have you been here? What's it like?"

Crosshair sighted down his submachine gun, watching as the weapons dealer spoke. This was the real deal alright. But now was the trouble of getting this guy while all the Double Drakons were around. It was looking he was going to have to jump in guns a-blazing. But perhaps... If was able to play this right, maybe he could-

A blade suddenly appeared in the chest of the weapon dealer, and Crosshair lowered his weapon for a moment.
"Aw, great..." Crosshair muttered as a blast of red lighting struck the man. A ninja-like person appeared, and Crosshair recognized this one. 'Sparkblade' as the public called him. This was just great. The ninja-like 'hero' charged into the fray almost recklessly, but the Double Drakons were quick to react. Many opened fire towards the ninja, while a few of them ran towards the weapons from the dealer.

"Dammit, man." Crosshair muttered, changing his target towards the Double Drakons grabbing the weapons. The vigilante opened fire, shooting the gang members in the legs and the arms. While it was likely Sparkblade had experience with thugs with guns, thugs with RPGs might have posed more of a threat. Taking a flashbang grenade from his pocket, he popped the ring and tossed it down towards another group. As the name would suggest, there was a bright flash and a loud bang as the grenade detonated, stunning a group of gang members.

It was about at that moment that everything went even more crazy. Some sort of... creature burst into the warehouse. It looked like a man, but Crosshair hadn't seen anything like it. It seemed to create blades from its own flesh! Safe up on the scaffold, Crosshair watched as it slashed through two of the gang members. Clearly, this was the bigger threat. Crosshair aimed his submachine gun to Massi and opened fire from the scaffolding.

Crosshair's assumption was correct; criminals with standard guns weren't much of a problem, evident from the speed at which Shuzo was able to disarm and incapacitate the ones that wielded their issued rifles. However, the situation with a handful of gang members armed with their upgraded RPGs was just chaos asking to happen, not to mention the...

Sorry, did that guy just crash through the wall and sprout sharp tentacles from his back?

With an ear-splitting screech, the newcomer had immediately slashed through two Double Drakon members' throats; or, at least, that was what Shuzo caught before a strange object fell from the ceiling of the warehouse. Identifying it as a flashbang grenade, luckily a split second before it detonated, the hero quickly darted to the side, covering his eyes with an arm as the grenade expelled an extremely bright light, stunning anyone whose eyes weren't covered. Looking up at the source of the flashbang, Shuzo noticed a dark-haired man hiding in the scaffolding and brandishing a sub-machine gun; the appearance matched that of a vigilante he had seen a few times before, known as Crosshair.

His focus had been on the... tentacle guy, and though he preferred to work alone, minimal casualties and destruction were the ideal outcome of his work, so Shuzo took this opportunity to focus on the stunned gang members, continuing to relieve them of their firearms and promptly knocking them out, before what could only be described as an alien had more opportunities to spill more blood. Quickly binding the Double Drakon members and dragging them out of the path of the alien's rampage, Shuzo emerged back into the main warehouse space a few minutes later, holding his daisho blades in a reverse grip and facing the strange figure with narrowed eyes as red lightning continued to crackle around him. I don't know what this thing is, but it's obviously way too dangerous to let loose; best to take it out as soon as possible.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Massi was pushed back by the bullets, leaning backwards before regaining his bearings and relatiating, using his blades to deflect most of them. His body was riddled with holes, and the creature stood still for a second, save for his eyes, which moved erratically and independently, like a chameleon. The Massi reacted screeching again and flexing his body, forcefully propelling the bullets in his wounds outward, shooting them around. Massi's breathing was labored, but his wounds healed.
Facing the make before him, Massi's temper was sparked again by the man's crackling body. WIthout a glance toward anyone, Massi used his tentecles as legs to speed at Crosshair. His facial features disappeared save for the enlarged, sharp fanged mouth planning on biting Sparkblade's head off.
And since Massi doesn't understand wordplay, he meant that quite literally.

Last edited:
Crosshair lowered his gun and reloaded, watching as the creature's wounds quickly started to heal. Not good. But before the creature could focus on Crosshair, Sparkblade appeared once again. The creature focused on Sparkblade, and Crosshair began to move. The vigilante slid down the ladder onto the ground floor, moving quickly and tactically around the various crates and boxes in the warehouse. While the guns that Crosshair had on himself right now weren't that effective against this thing, luckily the people who were attending this weapons deal weren't exactly going to need the weapons that were lying around.

Crosshair made his way towards the crates containing the RPGs, firing at Massi whenever he saw an opening as he moved.

comic

Charles Warren - Warren Industries
"I see no issue with that." Charles replied, smiling kindly. "Every bird needs a chance to spread their wings, after all. Tell me, how would it work though? According to my research, you're limited to an area around the wearer of the amulet, yes? So by you requesting to 'go outside', does that entail me tagging along? I'm not saying it would be an issue, but I have certain duties to perform that I've put off for too long retrieving you."

Yin Li - NYPD
The Chief of Police sat in her office, gently rubbing her fingers on the temple of her forehead. Only thirty minutes until her shift ended and she could finally catch a break. Almost every day for the past four years since she gained this position has been like this. Long and draining. Supers did nothing to help her, and she was left constantly playing catch-up. The entire NYPD was almost useless compared to the vigilantes roaming the streets, not to mention most criminals these days had powers of their own. She'd lost a lot of good men over the years, and not just to the 'bad guys'. Freak accidents had happened when her own men had stumbled upon 'heroes' on the job, and only two times out of ten was their death listed as a 'casualty' aside from 'mysterious circumstances'.

"Chief?"
Yin looked up from her desk to see one of her younger officers, a new recruit, poking his head in through the door. "What is it, Matthews?" She asked, trying not to sound too irritable. "We just got a bunch of calls. Gunfire and explosions have been reported over at the docks. Warehouse C Section."
Yin couldn't help but let out a sigh, knowing full-well that Supers were involved. "Prep a squad. I'll take 'em out there and we'll see what we can do." Matthews gave a nod. "Yes, ma'am." With that, he left, and Yin rubbed her temple again in frustration. With her kind of luck, she'd run into Patriot again. Something she wasn't looking forward to at all.

The Alright Attorney

“Me, well I’ve only been here for about a year. One of the newer members yeah so I haven’t had too much of a chance really cement myself here yet. Might try to do some solo work. I know some people here are a little hesitant on letting me out on my own due to the.... Nature of my powers.” Alan gave a slight slide glance towards Patriot, before looking back towards Samuel. He noticed that while Samuel was looking towards him, he wasn’t looking exactly at him. An embarrassed blush filled Alan’s face as he realized that Samuel was blind, he just told him to look at a painting. Not wanting to bring it up and make things awkward, he quickly changed topics. “Ahh well, anyways, you do much teamwork before arriving here?”

@Martin Pine

As Massi lunged at him with jaws agape and lined with large, sharp fangs, Shuzo tightened his grip on his blades before sprinting at the new threat as well. Most if not all attacks would be futile, thanks to the alien's healing factor, but maybe he could try to whittle it down or exhaust it. As the jaws closed in, Shuzo lashed out and wedged his now sheathed shoto to lock them open; grabbing the middle of the scabbard with his left hand, he charged forward, pushing Massi back while slashing at its body multiple times with his daito, held in his right. His attacks were boosted as he discharged lightning that coursed around the blade in an effort to increase the damage dealt, but Massi continued to heal, wounds closing up promptly after they were opened.

The two soon reached the wall of the warehouse, and Shuzo kept his shoto jammed in between Massi's jaws, sheathing his daito to grab the thing's face and slamming its body into the concrete, creating thin cracks that branched out just the slightest bit (autoing perms granted by Gamingfan). Jumping back to create space and prepare for Massi's next move, the hero then unsheathed both blades, twirling them before the sound of a fired RPG from behind him briefly drew his attention. Crosshair had made his way to the weapon-filled crates and shot a rocket at the alien, and Shuzo stifled a scoff of disdain at the sight. Ugh.. I don't like working with anyone, but I guess he's sticking around; might as well try to work together for the time being.

Last edited:

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Lilian nodded, confirming his knowledge of her "I must stay close to you, it was something my previous masters had to contend with sometimes." she looked back out the window, then back at him "Though if you have work you need to attend to, my pleasure can wait sir." She said with complete sincerity.

comic

Charles Warren - Warren Industries
The billionaire thought for a moment, staring at Lilian in deep intrigue, before smiling, a twinkle appearing in his eyes. "I have just the solution."
He proceeded to call in somebody by the name of 'CL-9', and almost immediately, they entered the room. It was a tall woman with long blonde hair extending down to her back and large, round, amber eyes. Her gaze seemed steely and cold, however, the smile she wore appearing rather fake. "Yes, Mr. Warren?" She asked, stopping in front of his desk. "CL-9, I would like you to chaperone Ms. Lilian here wherever she pleases to go- but do keep her out of trouble."
CL-9 continued to smile, and gave a stiff nod. "Of course, Mr. Warren. Is there anything else you need?"
"Take this amulet and wear it. Protect it with your life." Charles replied, lifting the amulet over his head and over CL-9's.
"As you command, Mr. Warren." CL-9 bowed her head again, before turning to Lilian expectantly, awaiting instruction.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Lilian vanished when her necklace left Charles neck, appearing in the same spot, her face red, slightly embarrassed at being passed around like more common jewelry, she looked over at CL-9 awkwardly, not used to having the necklace wearer at HER command. "I'd just like to take a walk around the city Mrs CL-9."

Kerco watched someone walk up to the counter, saying almost the exact thing he had asked for, almost word for word, he sighed, rubbing his eyes, knowing he would need to wait to get in there, if at all now.

Forget the barrel- It has quickly become more like firing at fried fish sandwich stashed in a fast food bag. As in, it was practically handed to Necrodytis. The girl was standing with an averagely tall man, likely in his late teens. Didn't change her decision in approaching, though perhaps she should've considered dropping the intimidation act. Because that involved making herself known. She was, intentionally, putting herself at a disadvantage.

The ghastly green lights ignited in her mask, the fog following. She placed a gauntlet on the wall, digging her bloodied claws into the concrete brick. Dramatically dragging them across the nearest wall, the voice modulator within her mask flared to life, turning her breaths into deep rasps. She began to speak-

"YOU'VE MADE ENEMIES OF THE WRONG PEOPLE, TECHNO." It was clear that Necrodytis was there now- and very confident, to boot. Removing her claws from the wall, her eyes locked with the girl's. Loufe was seemingly not even worth the time of day. "AND CONSEQUENCES HAVE COME FOR YOU."

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Loufe was about to speak again, feeling a bit uncomfortable when Hitori didn't respond, before a loud grating sound made him cover his sensitive ears and whine.
We have a visitor. O.S spoke matter-of-factly.
" Yeah, I noticed. " Loufe replied, looking over at the newcomer glaring at Hitori, completely ignoring Loufe as...
She. O.S answered.
Really? Anyway, as she neared Hitori.
Loufe took a small step back, nervous.
"Friend of yours?" He asked Hitori hopefully.

Please...PLEASE let this be a prank.

Please...PLEASE let this be a fight.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Hitori cast a sideways glance in the direction of the harsh, grating voice, then turned her gaze to Loufe. “Does it look like she’s a friend of mine?” she asked slowly, deliberately, as she flexed her hands and her blades emerged. “I suggest you get someplace safer before things get ugly.” She narrowed her eyes, activating her metalkinesis to her braces, preparing to get the hell out of there before she could be brutally murdered. Although it seemed like this person wasn’t about to let her get away. She was being eyed like she was a tasty dessert that had grown legs and run away before collapsing in a corner.

“I knew what I was getting into before I got into it,” Hitori responded calmly, trying to buy a little time for Loufe to get away before making her own escape. “Consequences have been coming for me my entire godforsaken life.” She spread her arms wide like a charismatic dictator, even though she was anything but. “And yet here I am.”

Get out of here, moron, she thought to herself. Before you get caught up in my mess.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
"Twas hoping for it." Loufe sighed. Hearing the command to flee, Loufe looked at her incredulously. She didn't see it, since she started talking to she-stalker, giving him the opportunity to escape.
He didn't want to simply leave her alone, though. Slowly, he backed away, but kept his eyes, which began glowing a bright cyan, focused on the two females. He needed to be ready for anything.

Massi slumped for a second, regaining his bearings after being smashed into concrete. For a second, he appeared neutralized, before he screeched loudly and leapt up, stabbing two blades into the ceiling and crawling along. His other tentacle shaped it's tip into a pistol, and began firing small, bullet-shaped bones wildly at Sparkblade while making his way towards Crosshair, keeping his free blade ready.

Alan seemed hesitant about his the use of his power, somewhat worried about it. It reminded him of a previous hero he was on a team with, one that got stronger whilst angry. Unfortunately the rage based hero had such a calm and mellow temper that he didn't have much use for his power. Alan's predicament seemed different though and whilst he did want to question the other hero about it, Alan questioned him first. "Quite a lot really. Been through about ... 14 different teams all over the states, trying to climb my way to top" He lifted his hands about halfway, gently gesturing around him with a smile. "Here I am"
@The Alright Attorney

Logan dropped the metal, and immediately ran towards the part of town where there were warehouses, and heard gunfire and explosions when he got to the warehouse. He snuck around, trying not to startle the battle, but watch as he made sure he had pieces of metal floating around him just in case of a stray bullet.

------

Tobias had been watching his miniature Dragons wreak havoc on unsuspecting office workers. He let more loose as he plucked them from the tree. At that moment, two buildings caught fire, causing Tobias to go back elsewhere, towards his Headquarters. He had no idea how to get there from here though, all he knew his Headquarters was at 160th and 99th, in Queens, he was on Manhattan Island. Tobias started heading north, which was the wrong direction.

------

Adrianna had noticed something out of the corner of her eye and headed towards the Paragon Tower, when a young girl called out, "Prince Mittens!"

She saw the girl, and there was a cat stuck up the side of a building. She headed up the building, but not before knocking out the lights with her powers, accidentally knocking out the street's lights, at the moment she got the cat, she had become blind and had to wander around until she felt her way down. When she got back to the young girl, she let the girl get the cat. The girl thanked her as Adrianna got on her way.

The Alright Attorney

Alan gave a slight chuckle as Samuel gestured around them. “Careful how you word that there. Paragons may be the highest in terms of recognition but no hero is greater than the other.” Once again, he glanced towards their leader Patriot. Despite not making any faces, it was clear Alan felt some resentment towards the heroes. His eyes once again returned to Samuel. “All those teams you worked with are just as important as the Paragons. This is the first team I ever worked with but I would love to work with those smaller more grounded teams.”
@Martin Pine

Samuel understood what Alan was saying, nodding in response to the older hero's wisdom. "It was ... fun to be honest" He couldn't imagine being thrust straight into a popular team, not working through the ranks of teams would be ... peculiar. "I got to meet many an individual, most of them kind and amazing" A thoughtful smile spread across his face. He didn't get too close to many of them but good memories were something he wasn't lacking. "How'd you manage to get straight into the paragons? If I may ask?"

comic

Charles Warren, CL-9 - Warren Industries
"Of course, Ms. Lilian. Please follow me." CL-9 smiled artificially, leading the centenarian back out of the room, Charles waving a pleasant goodbye to the pair before the door shut behind them. "Where would you like to go first?" CL-9 asked as she took Lilian to the elevator to begin the descent. "Warren Industries designated safe spots include the likes of Silver Sand Docks, the Hell's Kitchen District, The Hero District, which houses Paragon Tower, as well as some nice restaurants including The Bayside Palace, where Mr. Warren goes to eat every eve of July 18th. Would you like more options?"
CL-9 gave Lilian a questioning gaze through blank eyes as her smile persisted.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Lilian waved goodbye to Charles, finding this whole thing strange, for so many reasons. Lilian was a little unnerved by the gaze of CL-9, the complete insincerity "If could go to...." She took a glance out the window ".... Heros district, Id like to see whats over there." She gave her own smile, genuine, though nervous.

The Alright Attorney

"Well the circumstances surrounding me getting my powers were a little unique so to say." Alan muttered, once again rubbing the metallic arm that his partner resided in. "When I first merged with the Alien, it was far too powerful for me to control, it was basically piloting my own body against my will. And at that point in time, well the Alien wasn't exactly a hero." The hero let out a slightly awkward chuckle, rubbing the back of his head. "So it took some of the Paragons to defeat the thing and give me back control. Once we discovered it couldn't separate from me, well I decided to try and use it to do some good. Paragons took me in to keep a closer eye on me basically. Not exactly spectacular I know, but hey, gives me an outlet to save people, so I'm not gonna turn it down."

Crosshair relaxed slightly as Massi appeared to be neturalized. Was that it?

Nope.

The creature shook off the attacks, jumping to the ceiling and crawling towards Crosshair! It even seemed to be shooting its own bones towards Sparkblade. How could a thing like this even exist?! Now was not the time to think about such things.

Tossing the spent RPG aside, Crosshair blindly reached into the weapon crate next to it. If the submachine gun didn't work on this thing, and the RPG did barely anything, then none of the other guns Crosshair had on himself right now would do anything either. He'd only have to hope that whatever was in this next crate would be something that could help. But Crosshair remained calm. If anything, luck was always on his side.

Not hesitating, Crosshair wrapped his hands around a weapon handle and yanked it out of the box. Activating the Flamethrower, he aimed it towards Massi and shot a line of flames directly towards the alien creature.

That screech really was annoyingly loud.

Wincing slightly from the pain of enduring a full-on shriek from Massi right in his face, Shuzo took a few steps back to regain his composure and let the ringing in his ears subside. The disorientation wore off just in time for him to look up and see a rush of several... "bone bullets" fired at him. As he tightened his grip on his daisho blades, the crimson sparks crackling around his body grew brighter as the electricity within him boosted his reflexes and speed. Following Massi from the ground as the alien rushed at Crosshair, Shuzo dodged and deflected the bullets fired at him, slicing through them or knocking them aside with his swords.

Crosshair had found a flamethrower, most likely in the crates of various weapons, and shot a blast of flames at the quickly approaching Massi. Taking note to keep from disrupting the sharpshooting vigilante's line of fire (heh), Shuzo continued to follow at a close distance, ready to provide ground support at any time. We've already made more noise than necessary, it won't be long before more unwanted parties show up. Better wrap all this up before police get here and make even more of a scene.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Once he was close, Massi reared backwards and, with another screech, launched himself at Crosshair, preparing to swing is blade through his neck. However, a stream of fire blocked him. The creature screamed, missing Crosshair and crashing into a wall, still screaming and writhing in pain. Once he landed, Massi stood up slowly, catching sight of one of the men he had slain. Immediately, one of his tentacles formed into a mouth, and proceeded to stab into the man and feed. Suddenly, the burns on Massi regenerated quicker, before disappearing as if he had never been damaged at all. Massi felt much stronger, but was very cowed. The rage was leaving his mind, and the idea of fleeing sounded much more tempting.

Last edited:

comic

CL-9 - Warren Industries
"Heroes District. An excellent choice." CL-9 gave a nod. Once the elevator came to a stop, she led the young (or old) woman out back to the entrance of Warren Industries, down the steps, and to a waiting black car where the driver stood, waiting to open the door for them.
In less then ten minutes, Lilian found they were driving directly past a massive tower, the word 'PARAGON' emblazoning its entrance in massive, golden letters. "This is Paragon Tower, the heart of the Heroes District, and the headquarters of the world's greatest superhuman organization, led by the likes of Patriot and Adapter." She gestured out of the window at the building while they drove past. "Would you like to know more?"

Yin Li - Silver Sand Docks
A collage of scarlet and indigo lights flashed through the still night air, accompanied by the telltale sirens of police cruisers. From the chorus, it was clear that there were at least seven or more of the vehicles on their way. Not even a minute later, the NYPD rapidly pulled upon the Silver Sand Docks, their lights flashing vibrantly upon Warehouse 32.
Just as quickly as they'd come to a stop, their occupants hurried out, drawing their weapons. The last to exit was Chief Li, who drew her SIG Sauer P226 DAO out of its holster, clicking the safety off. There was a moment of tense silence as the police stared at the warehouse, before an officer handed Yin a megaphone, and she put it to her mouth. "This is the N-" She began, before stopping and clicking the device on, as it hadn't been projected her voice. "This is the NYPD!" She yelled, this time the megaphone doing its job. "Come out with your hands above your head where we can see 'em!"
The other officers all shifted their stances and grips in anticipation, everyone silently hoping it wasn't some rogue superhuman.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Lilian looked up at the massive tower, almost touching the window with her nose. Truly this new world was full of wonders. Looking back over at her guide, CL-9, Lilian asked her “I would like to know more, but could we get out and walk? It’s been a very long time since I’ve gotten to get in any sort of walking.” She looked down at the car door, trying to remember how to open it.

Crosshair ducked to the side as a flaming, screeching Massi flew past him. The vigilante jumped back up and looked over just in time to watch as this... thing began to drain one of the slain Double Drakon gang members. Its wounds quickly began to heal, and Crosshair began to comprehend the thing that they were fighting. This thing looked like something more out of one of the old horror movies Crosshair had watched as a kid, rather than some superhuman. No. There was no way this thing was human.

Crosshair reached into another crate blindly, feeling his hand wrap around a grenade. He could hear that sirens were getting closer and closer, pulling up to right outside the warehouse. He had to finish this thing, and finish it now before it could get out and kill again.
"Go to hell!" Crosshair yelled to Massi, popping the pin and throwing the grenade towards Massi. The vigilante backed up, firing another burst of flame towards the alien.