• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Playthrough Thread

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
So Black 2 and White 2 are out now, so it's time for the official playthrough thread: tell us about your adventures in the new Unova!

Which starter did you choose? How far through are you so far? What does your team look like?

Spoilers are entirely permitted, so beware. >:D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hah. You beat me to it. ;D

My yesterday was a busy day but you can bet that any spare chance I had was put towards playing White 2! Here's the quick breakdown for me:

Player character: Kenji (Male hero)
Starter Pokemon: Oshawott :3
Current playtime: 3hrs and 34 minutes
Pokedex: 24
Badges won: Just the first badge
Current location: Virbank City

I decided to go with the male hero this time 'round because I played as the female heroine on White and wanted to get the most out of the Memory Link features. Speaking of which, I've experienced one in-game flashback so far and it's amusing as hell having people mention your former character's name (which, in my case, was named Katie). Made me feel special. :'D

I've been trying to catch every new wild Pokemon that I encounter but doing so has rendered me flat-out broke for the time being (not a cent left to call my own). Having to backtrack later won't be much of an hassle though because the PokeDex's new Habitat List is so damn handy. For anyone who's out to complete their 'Dex it's an invaluable addition to the games, and I for one can't get enough of it. :D

As for early thoughts on the game itself... I'm liking it a lot so far and it's really, really refreshing to be exploring brand new areas right at the beginning of the adventure as opposed everything being extra post-game content. The various Pokemon choices available this early on are nice too, especially since we now have an extensive collection of Pokemon to obtain via the Dream World (which I took advantage of this morning). Add in whatever you can catch on the Dream Radar and there's lots of variety for teams.

Speaking of teams... Here be mine!

501.png
Oshawott Male
Nickname: Musashi
Level: 15
Nature: Serious
Ability: Torrent
Moveset: Return, Tail Whip, Water Gun, Focus Energy

447.png
Riolu Female
Nickname: Faith
Level: 14
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Steadfast
Moveset: Quick Attack, Work Up, Feint, Counter

540.png
Sewaddle Male
Nickname: Taylor
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moveset: Bug Bite, Tackle, String Shot

109.png
Koffing Female
Nickname: Nox
Level: 13
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Levitate
Moveset: Tackle, Smog, Assurance, SmokeScreen

I just recently caught Nox and haven't had the chance to use her in battle yet, but I'm liking my team so far. The sad part is that I can easily picture how each of them may act in real life based on their natures, and a Sassy female Koffing is an amusing mental image.

And I think that's enough from me, for now. Time to claim my new Druddigon from the Dream World (it's awesome because I'd planned to use one anyways) and get back to the game. :3

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up the game first thing in the morning(10 am, as that's when GameStop opened), and stopped around 10:30 pm, taking a few breaks in that time.

I'm currently at Nimbasa City, training my ass off because I'm a bit underleveled(and by training my ass off, I mean trying to find a bloody Audino. These Emolga are seriously trolling me >>).

Team so far:

Servine
Nick: Cao Pi
Level: 25
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Naive
Moves: Growth, Tackle, Leaf Tornado, Mega drain

Growlithe
Nick: Sun Jian
Level: 23
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Fire Fang, Thief, Dig, Flame Wheel

Flaaffy
Nick: Zhong Hui
Level: 22
Ability: Static
Nature: Docile
Moves: Thundershock, Thunder Wave, Take Down, Tackle

Sandile
Nick: Wei Yan
Level: 24
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Bite, Dig, Torment, Sand Attack

In the PC, I have: Riolu(used exclusively for Cheren), a Munna(from Dream Radar), two Swablu(from Dream Radar), a Sigilyph(Dream Radar) and a Patrat(for cutting). I don't intend to use any of these.

And can you believe I didn't SR or try multiple times ONCE for the natures on my team? :'D

My team:
Tepig level 6.
Name Boss.

Thats all I need.
Just unlocked Hardmode, lets see how far I'll get. Gonna need some water pokeman I think.

Just picked up Therian Tornadus from Dream Radar. I'm disappointed both by its Nature AND that the Nature can't be SR'd. For that matter, you can't SR the Nature of any Poke from Dream Radar.

Hopefully, Thundurus won't let me down...~

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
They updated how Repels work. Now instead of having to return to your inventory each time one is used up, the game asks you if you'd like to use another. This single addition makes Black/White 2 the best Pokemon games ever. EVER!

I may be mildly exaggerating. 8D

In other news, the redesign of Burgh's gym is frelling gorgeous. The remixed music does a nice job deepening its atmosphere too. Obviously I haven't seen 'em all yet (just won that 3rd badge recently) but as of now it's likely my favourite Pokemon Gym design to date.

Edit: oh Spoilers are allowed :>

Katie: I thought they did that for Black and White too?

I beat the E4 already because I lack a social life. XP
Love everything except Metang's catch rate (which can't be helped. :p). <: Going start post-E4 content later today. XD

I ♥ the Marine Tube music. ;w; LOVE IT. I love everything about the Marine Tube. ♥

As far as for battle themes, I liked the Rival's theme, Iris' theme and Corless' theme. I liked the Shadow Triad Encounter theme as well.

I love the Team Plasma Grunts. XD One of them said the rival had 'hair like a Qwilfish', another called Marlon 'Smiley Swimsuit', and another was sleeping on guard duty. XD I'm easily amused. :p

I'm really glad the end game Hydreigons didn't give me too much trouble. I had so many counters for them. XD But catching a Metang did. D:<

And I managed to 2HKO White Kyurem. Aw yeah. Archeops is amazing. Rock Slide all the way. :D No flinch hax though, it tried to use Ice Burn, but it was a two turn move, and I outsped it. >:D

Play time so far: 23 hours 9 minutes

My team:

Samurott - Orsas (Male) @ Mystic Water
Level 59
Torrent
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Waterfall
- X-Scissor

Lucario - Kassias (Male) @ Lucky Egg (lol)
Level 60
Steadfast
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Strength
- Aura Sphere
- Dragon Pulse

Archeops - Xanis (Male) (Traded in at level 1)
Level 60
Defeatist
Mild Nature
- Crunch
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Volcarona - Marchosias (Female) @ Rocky Helmet
Level 59
Flame Body
Naughty Nature
- Silver Wind
- Psychic
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower

Galvantula - Zadrios (Male) @ Magnet
Level 60
Compoundeyes
Quirky Nature
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Electro Ball
- Cut

Metagross - Xemnas (Genderless)
Level 58
Clear Body
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
112% Elusive said:
Katie: I thought they did that for Black and White too?

Nope, it's a brand new feature. I'm an obsessive Super Repel user so I'd have noticed. :'D

Aaand now that I've got my game handy again, let's do another progress update. I'm personally nowhere near finishing the game yet. ;p

Current playtime: 14hrs and 1 minute (No idea how that's happened)
Pokedex: 32 Obtained, 57 Seen
Badges won: 3 of 'em
Current location: Route 4

I don't even want to think about how much time I wasted catching an Eevee. I KO'd the first one that appeared and likely went through another 30 or more Pokemon until the next Eevee showed up. Even then the dang thing refused to stay caught and wasted a bunch of my Great Balls. BUT I was persistent, and in the end the bastard was caught. Next time me thinks I'll just breed for one. @.@

Mah current team:

502.png
Dewott Male
Level: 21
Current Moveset: Return, Fury Cutter, Razor Shell, Focus Energy

447.png
Riolu Female
Current Moveset: Quick Attack, Force Palm, Copycat, Counter

(I've been cancelling Faith's evolution for awhile now. As much as I love Lucario, I refuse to let my adorable Riolu evolve until there's a direct reason to do so. ;_;)

542.png
Leavanny Male
Level: 23
Current Moveset: Bug Bite, Razor Leaf, Protect, Return

109.png
Koffing Female
Current Moveset: Return, Sludge, Assurance, Venoshock

133.png
Eevee Male
Nickname: Serge
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Run Away
Moveset: Return, Quick Attack, Bite, Covet

(Dying for a Fire Stone for this fellow!)

621.png
Druddigon Male
Nickname: Ruffles
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Mold Breaker
Moveset: Fire Fang, Bite, Dragon Rage, Slash

(I luff my Ruffles ♥)

Well... I've been wanting to post in this thread, but I've either been playing my game, doing school work, or sleeping :'> so, since school work has been taken out of the equation for now~

Badges: 8

My Team:

Cobalt/Samurott
level 56
male
Item: Mystic Water
Gentle, Thoroughly Cunning
Torrent
Surf, Ice Beam, Retaliate, Revenge

Dirk/Lucario
level 55
male
No Item
Serious, Miscievous
Inner Focus
Aura Sphere, Ice Punch, Bone Rush, Close Combat

Mary/Ampharos
level 50
female
No Item
Lonely, Somewhat of a clown.
Static
Power Gem, Cotton Guard Discharge, Strength (at the moment ;A;)

Pyro/Magmortar
level 51
male
No Item
Timid, Alert to Sounds
Flame Body
Earthquake, Psychic, Flamethrower, Rock Slide

Phaeroh/Sigilyph
level 51
male
No Item
Quiet, Good Endurance.
Magic Guard
Charge Beam, Fly, Ice Beam, Psychic

Zoroark (Though since we can't rename him, I like to call him Zoro)
level 56
male
Lucky Egg
Hasty, Proud of its power.
Illusion
Dig, Night Slash, Shadow ball, Flamethrower

Well hey, I got the game yesterday. Here's my team so far!

Trainer: Kyou (Male) No badges so far.

Spr_5b_498.png

Baku (Male Tepig, Level 12)
Tackle
Tail Whip
Ember
Odor Sleuth

Spr_5b_540.png

Sewaddle (Male, Level 11)
Tackle
String Shot
Bug Bite

That's all so far, but hey, I got the game yesterday, gimmie a chance. Also: I'm currently trying to catch a Riolu, so he'll be a new addition soon-ish.

I got it today

My team at the moment

Snivy Lvl 9
Riolu Lvl 5

Riolu was the second Pokemon I saw at Floccesy Ranch

Also Youngster Petey sent out Patrat, I have to say that amused me somewhat

EDIT: Holy shit Riolu evolved at Lvl 11 o-O Well that will make Cheren and Roxie rather easy I would think

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Spent most of the morning at college wishing time would move faster and came home to find dad had already bought my copy of White 2 and all I had to do was pay him back. I am a happy Dem. :)

112% Elusive said:
Oh man reminds me of my Metang Capture. I spent 30 minutes trying to find and capture a Metang. ;w;

I spent two hours catching Eevee in my Japanese copy of White 2, and an hour and a half going after Riolu in this game. ;_;

Current playtime: 2 hours on the dot~
Pokedex: Seen 11, caught 6
Badges won: None so far
Current location: Floccesy Ranch

I'd be past Floccesy Ranch if it wasn't for the fact I'd been struggling to catch Riolu. It's on the same 5% rate as Mareep, yet I seen loads of them and not one Riolu for an hour and a half. :(

My team currently looks like this:

501.png

Oshawott, male
Nickname: Felix
Nature: Quriky and its somewhat vain
Level: 11
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Water Gun, Water Sport

447.png

Riolu, Male
Nickname: Aura
Nature: Sassy and its often lost in thought (Well, now that explains why it wasn't in the long grass waiting to be caught xD)
Level: 11
Moves: Feint, Quick Attack, Endure, Counter

179.png

Mareep, Male
Nickname: Kaminari
Nature: Adamant and it likes to fight
Level: 12
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Thunder Wave, ThunderShock

Mareep is so far the only member of my team that I hadn't planned on catching. I just saw it and couldn't help myself. ^^;

I'm just glad I found Riolu so I can finally get out of this ranch. :p

Badges: 6
Team:

Serperior:
Nickname: Cao Pi
Level: 37
Characteristic: Often lost in thought
Moves: Leaf Blade, Mega Drain, Leaf Tornado, Growth(Three Grass Moves is killing me, but his movepool is just so limited and all of the TMs he can learn are later in-game ;_;)

Arcanine:
Nickname: Sun Jian
Level: 38
Ability: Intimidate
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Moves: Flame Burst, Dig, Extremespeed, Flamethrower

Krookodile:
Nickname: Wei Yan
Level: 40
Characteristic: Good endurance
Moves: Dig, Crunch, Strength, Bulldoze

Gothorita:
Nickname: Zhenji
Ability: Frisk
Nature: Gentle
Characteristic: Highly curious
Moves: Psybeam, Psyshock, Flatter, Fake Tears(same as Cao Pi in regards to moveset...which I find hilarious given their nicks. Also, the Ability/Characteristic combo of Zhenji is lulzy)

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Current playtime: 4:15
Pokedex: Seen 20, caught 17
Badges won: 1
Current location: Route 20
Pokédex Route Stamps: 1

In what appears to be a common team choice, I have:

Oshawott, Male
Nature: Serious / Somewhat vain.

Riolu, Male
Level: 15
Nature: Lax / Likes to thrash about

Current Playtime: 24:45
Badges Won: 7
Current Location: Humilau City Gym
Pokedex Stamps: 34 / 72

My Team:

Crobat
169.gif

Nickname: Steiner
Level: 47
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Confuse Ray, Acrobatics, Poison Cross, and Fly.

Don't really want fly on Steiner. It's just not that great compared to Acrobatics, but I need it. Otherwise, I love Steiner. Fast and hits fairly hard (even when he doesn't have a STAB bonus).

Aggron
306.gif

Nickname: Astora
Level: 46
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Iron Tail, Rock Tomb, Iron Head, and Protect.

Astora's sort of a mixed bag of skittles, thus far. Sometimes she's AMAZING and sometimes she's ... not so much. I feel like that lowered Special Defense is the problem. Raised speed is certainly doing NOTHING for her.

Krookodile
553.gif

Nickname:Vorna
Nature: Bashful
Moves: Foul Play, Crunch, Dig and Rock Tomb.

Great addition. I want to rid her of Crunch and Rock Tomb, though. Or maybe some other moves should GTFO? Any suggestions?

Golduck
055.gif

Nickname: Galadriel
Level: 45
Ability: Damp
Nature: Modest
Moves: Flash, Disable, Psych Up, and Surf.

Galadriel's okay. Her support moves come in handy more than I ever thought they would! Except for Psych Up. Haven't used it. Thinkin' about giving her Ice Beam. Didn't need any super effective moves with Drayden or his gym, though! Just needed my Astora!

Volcarona
637.gif

Nickname: Faenor (Not Fëanor)
Level: 46
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Docile
Moves: Whirlwind, Flame Burst, Gust, and Struggle Bug

Ugh, (Sort of) seriously thinkin' about switching him. Not that fond of him, partially because I don't have any good TM's for him. Looking at his level up move pool, however, shows that he learns some nice moves later on. Just need to ... stick it out until then.

Serperior
497.gif

Nickname: Megido
Nature: Hasty
Moves: Frenzy Plant, Leaf Blade, Coil, and Giga Drain

Despite not being a physical attacker, Megido still does pretty good on her own. Shame about that lowered defense, though. I didn't want to keep restarting until I got an excellent nature. There are a TON of vitamin lying around in this game and I've been giving her Iron whenever I get some. I'm not sure how much it's helped, though. I'm not really well versed with the whole EV thing.

Unfortunately, my current security setting at home does not allow me to play online; so, I won't be able to play with the Memory Link or anything. How does my team look from the outside? Good? Bad? Absolutely dismal?

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
My 3DS needs charge now, so I thought it'd be the perfect time to come and ramble here. :3

Current playtime: 4 hours 29 minutes
Pokedex: Seen 25, caught 20
Pokédex stamps: 3/3
Badges won: 1
Current location: Virbank City

Team:

502.png

Dewott
Level: 17
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Water Gun, Razor Shell

447.png

Riolu, Male
Nature: Sassy and its often lost in thought
Moves: Feint, Quick Attack, Endure, Force Palm

180.png

Flaffy, Male
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Thunder Wave, ThunderShock

58.png

Growlith, male
Nickname: Akamaru
Nature: Quiet, often lost in thought
Moves: Ember, Leer, Flame Wheel, Helping Hand

So far I'm happy with my little team. Once my DS charges I'll take on the second Gym. Some Pokémon have been hard to catch, but some have been really easy to find and catch, so collecting the Pokédex stamps hasn't taken as much time as I thought it would. It hasn't managed to make me pennyless yet either, which is always helpful. :p

Not really looking forward to the second Gym match because the leader will no doubt poison all of my poor Pokémon. x.x

I'm currently done with most of the post-game stuff. Just need to do White Treehollow, Second Elite Four Rematch, and catch Heatran.

Current Play Time: 37 hours 24 minutes.

Edit: The amount of Rare Candies you get throughout this game is just nuts, IMO. o_O

I have accumulated 18 rare candies in this file without trading in any, but I don't remember how many were before the Elite Four.

Edit 2: Beat the Elite Four in the Rematches.

Team Changes:

Samurott - Orsas
Level 73

Lucario - Kassias
Level 74
Shadow Ball replaced Psychic

Archeops - Xanis
Level 74

Volcarona - Marchosias
Level 74
Bug Buzz replaced Silver Wind

Galvantula - Zadrios
Level 75
Energy Ball replaced Electro Ball

Metagross - Xemnas
Level 74
Earthquake replaced Psychic

lol this is a terrible team. XD

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Current playtime: 13:56
Pokedex: Seen 68, caught 40
Badges won: 3
Current location: Nimbasa City
Pokédex Route Stamps: 3 All Caught, 3 All Seen

My team has expanded to:

Oshawott, Male

Riolu, Male

Growlithe, Female
Nature: Sassy / Thoroughly Cunning

Elekid, Female
Nature: Careful / Capable of taking hits.

Petilil, Female
Nature: Adamant / Strongly defiant.

I also just acquired Fly. \o/

White Treehollow. OTL

Finished it in about 3 in-game hours.
That was like an endurance test. >>

I'll probably work on getting parts of the Unova Dex filled (somehow) tomorrow or something. White Treehollow burned me out. D:

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Currently training for Elesa. Level grinding is surprisingly fun currently, what with the repel stuff. My team is:

Lord Gaga, the Leavanny
Naive, alerts to sounds and Swarm
Tackle, Protect, Bug Bite and Razor Leaf

Leviathan, the Eevee
Modest, good perseverance, Run Away
Take Down, Covet, Quick Attack, Bite

Battery, the Elekid
Lax, likes to fight, Static
Low Kick, Swift, Electroball, Shockwave

Kaonwanwan, the Growlithe
Mild, capable of taking hits, Flash Fire
Fire Fang, Ember, Take Down, Reversal

Things that were only briefly in my party include Haineko, the Purrloin, Smugleaf, the Servine,and Sassy Gay, the Flaaffy. Doing a bit of the lost item quest while I can and general level grinding. The new areas have been a lot of fun so far but no force on earth will make me willingly go back into those sewers. So. Many. Zubats.

Currently: at Virbank City, having just BARELY defeated Cheren. The fact Riolu doesn't learn Force Palm until Level 15 didn't help, considering he was level 11 at the time.
EDIT: I'm now Audino Farmi- I mean Training in Verbank Complex. Baku's evolved! Yayz!

Spr_5b_499.png

Baku (Male) Level 18
Tackle
Flame Charge
Ember
Defense Curl

Spr_5b_447.png

Riolu (Male) Level 17
Force Palm
Quick Attack
Endure
Counter

Spr_5b_540.png

Sewaddle (Male) Level 17
Tackle
String Shot
Bug Bite
Razor Leaf

Spr_5b_543.png

Venipede (Female) Level 17
Pursuit
Rollout
Poison Sting
Screech

I'm happy with my team so far, although I'd wish Riolu would hurry up and get some better fighting type moves than Counter, for god's sake. It's okay in Mystery Dungeon, but it just turns him into a punching bag here.

Training for Clay at the moment.

Spr_5b_329.png

Vibrava (Male) Level 35
Dragonbreath
Rock Slide
Crunch
Bulldoze

Spr_5b_448.png

Lucario (Male) Level 33
Force Palm
Quick Attack
Strength
Bone Rush

Spr_5b_496.png

Servine (Male) Level 31
Leaf Tornado
Cut
Mega Drain
Leer

Spr_5b_058.png

Growlithe (Male) Level 34
Fire Fang
Flame Wheel
Take Down
Agility

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Just beat Elesa, surprisingly it actually wasn't too hard. The biggest thing for me though was catching a Shiny Liepard! :'D She's so pretty and I was over the moon to find her. ♥

A number of changes to my team have been made now, and a few Pokémon have just evolved over time. :)

Current playtime: 16 hours 37 minutes (I know, for two days that's a lot of playtime >>)
Pokedex: Seen 80, caught 54
Pokédex stamps: 10/12 (one can't be completed until I progress a bit more into the game, the other needs me to find a Pokémon in shaky grass on a 5% chance, so I left that for a bit to battle the gym. :p)
Badges won: 4
Current location: Nimbasa City

My team currently looks like this:

502.png

Dewott
Level: 26
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Water Pulse, Razor Shell

448.png

Lucario, Male
Moves: Feint, Quick Attack, Endure, Force Palm
Aura took ages to evolve and ended up not doing so until after the third Gym and my Eevee hunting.

180.png

Flaffy, Male
Level: 27
Moves: Tackle, Electro Ball, Thunder Wave, ThunderShock
Three electric moves on Kaminari isn't great, so I'll need to give him a shake-up in moveset soon. I'm still glad I picked this guy over Elekid though. :3

58.png

Growlith, male
Moves: Ember, Take Down, Flame Wheel, Helping Hand
Still loving Akamaru, such a loyal and hard working Pokémon~

Now for the two new members of the team.

196.png

Espeon, female (the first girl to make it to my team!>:D)
Nickname: Vee. It's nicknamed after Red's in Pokémon Adventures, which is why I didn't have the heart to use a Thunderstone on her.
Nature: Hardy, impetuous and silly
Moves: Sand-Attack, Covet, Quick Attack, Bite
As far as Eevee go they don't have that much choice in moveset and given I only evolved Vee this morning (the very first thing I did when I woke up, given I had no clue how early you have to evolve an Eevee to get an Espeon), there is still time to work on that. But yeah, there was no way I wasn't having an Eevee on my team - I'm just glad she only took 30 minutes to find. xD

28.png

Sandslash, female
Nickname: Dario
Nature: Hardy, mischievous
Level: 28
Moves: Crush Claw, Swift, Fury Cutter, Magnitude
My intention was never to train a Sandslash, but when I caught a Sandshrew for my Pokédex I sorta thought "why not?". I've certainly never trained one before, and so far I've had fun with her. I never realized that Sandshrew evolved so quickly either, Sandslash was a huge help during the last gym battle.

Not quite sure what I'll do now. Either move on, or go back and try to get the Pokédex stamp I need.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Even though I got Pokemon Black a day early, I then also got White yesterday. My intention had always been to play Black 2... but from RNGing on my DS I noticed my dates were all out and long story short it annoyed me that it said I started my adventure last July. It annoyed me to the point where I gave up and started playing White 2 instead, all with the correct dates and everything :'3

So, lagging a bit behind everyone, but still.

502.png

Dewott
Nickname: Odin
Nature: Mild
Level: 18

447.png

Riolu
Nickname: Ghost

240.png

Magby
Nickname: Cinnabar

At least having got quite a way through Black 2, I could trade over a Magby ♥

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Just got to Undella Town. I needed a pokemon that could learn Fly and I wanted a ground type so I combined the two and backtracked to get a Trapinch. An hour of scouring the desert (after the first one turned out to be calm) and I found a nice, neutral natured one. I absolutely loathed Clay's gym, and Skyla's gym wasn't much fun either though Skyla seemed a lot easier to beat this time 'round. It could just have been that I had better pokemon prepared for it, though.

Current Team:

Battery, the Electabuzz
Lax, Static
Discharge, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Swift

Lord Gaga, the Leavanny
Naive, Swarm
Slash, Protect, X-scissor, Leafblade

Leviathan, the Vaporeon
Modest, Water Absorb
Surf, Aurora Beam, Aqua Ring, Covet

Kaonwanwan, the Arcanine
Mild, Flash Fire
Flamethrower, Fire Fang, Crunch, Reversal

Snapdragon, the Vibrava
Hardy, Levitate
DragonBreath, Rock Slide, Fly, Bulldoze

Current badges: 6
Pokedex: 132 seen, 24 obtained
Playtime: 18:37

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Just made my way through Celestial Tower for a bit of training (Haven't beaten the Gym in the past city yet), I'd likely have done more if not still completely focused on my Pokédex completing, but ah wells~

A more in-depth look, looks like this:

Current playtime: 24 hours 55 minutes
Pokedex: Seen 120, caught 88 - quite a jump since my last update
Pokédex stamps: 22/28 Two of the missing stamps involve Lostlorn Forest, but until I get Waterfall I don't have access to where the Pokémon are. Too lazy to explore Mistralton Cave yet, and I haven't finished Route 7 and Celestial Tower to have my stamps from those two. Quite pleased with my progress though. ^^
Badges won: 5
Current location: Route 7

Team looks like this:

502.png

Dewott
Level: 33
Moves: Tackle, Revenge, Surf, Razor Shell

448.png

Lucario, Male
Moves: Ice Punch, Quick Attack, Bone Rush, Force Palm
I was sooooo happy to get Ice Punch on Lucario. The move really comes in handy.

181.png

Ampharos, Male
Level: 32
Moves: Tackle, ThunderPunch, Thunder Wave, ThunderShock
Flaaffy finally evolved, but I'm still stuck with three electric type moves. Switched Electro Ball for ThunderPunch because I just find it more useful, and Kaminari has a decent enough Atk and Sp.Atk stat to be able to handle a ThunderPunch and ThunderShock.

58.png

Growlith, male
Moves: Ember, Take Down, Flame Wheel, Strength
With all the cave exploring and water Pokémon I've been coming across, I've been struggling to keep Akamaru at an even level with the rest of the team, which isn't changing much as a progress. Celestial Tower is full of Litwick, so I haven't really been able to use Akamaru much at all to keep him trained up nicely. :?

196.png

Espeon, female
Nickname: Vee.
Moves: Sand-Attack, Covet, Quick Attack, Bite
I still haven't been able to do much about Vee's moveset, but I have been enjoying training her. Espeon are very good Pokémon and the more I train Vee the fonder I become of their design.

28.png

Sandslash, female
Moves: Crush Claw, Cut, Fury Cutter, Dig
I think I mentioned this before, but Sandslash has quickly become the favourite member of my team; it's really really helpful.

I recently came across N's Zorua and wanted to fit that into my team, but don't want to replace any of my Pokémon either. Plus, while I utterly adore the design of Zorua and regard it as one of my favourite Pokémon from the fifth generation, they aren't actually usable a lot of the time. ;_;

Not sure what level I need to be to take on the next gym. I'll probably be able to handle it just with Kaminari, but my aim is to get my team to level 35 at least before I try. Gives me time to grab the Pokédex stamps I'm missing too. :3

Dem, you are going to be underlevelled. And yeah you may need someone to back Kaminari up. Not going to spoil anymore xD

Play Time: 18 hours 26 minutes

Spr_5b_329.png

Vibrava, Male
Level 40
Naive Nature
-Fly
-Rock Slide
-Crunch
-Earth Power

Spr_5b_448.png

Lucario, Male
Level 40
Impish Nature
-Strength
-Force Palm
-Quick Attack
-Bone Rush

Spr_5b_058.png

Growlithe, Male
Level 41
Jolly Nature
-Fire Fang
-Leer
-Crunch
-Flame Wheel

Spr_5b_497.png

Serperior, Male
Level 40
Calm Nature
-Cut
-Leaf Blade
-Mega Drain
-Leaf Tornado

Spr_5b_298.png

Azurill, Female
Level 15
Brave Nature
-Water Gun
-Surf
-Tail Whip
-Bubblebeam

Spr_5b_325.png

Spoink, Male
Level 31
Brave Nature
-Magic Coat
-Snore
-Rest
-Zen Headbutt

Just caught Spoink outside of Lentimas Town. Hoping to get my team to level 43 before Undella.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Rileyixx said:
Dem, you are going to be underlevelled.

But being under-leveled is half the fun! It can make for some epic struggles and narrow victories. :'D

I'm pretty sure my team of 8 (Dewott, Lucario, Leavanny, Koffing, Sandslash, Flareon, Zorua, and Druddigon) is between levels 31-33 right now, but I won't be doing any level grinding before taking on Skyla. Haven't had any trouble with anything yet so we'll see how it goes! ^^

All I can say is Skyla is easily the most difficult gym leader so far. I was struggling with a team at level 40. Then again I only really have Vibrava's Hard Rock boosted Rock Slide to combat her xD

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Linkachu said:
Rileyixx said:
Dem, you are going to be underlevelled.

But being under-leveled is half the fun! It can make for some epic struggles and narrow victories. :'D

Got my team to about level 34 and won first try. >:3

I also agree with Katie's comment for the record. I've been under-leveled for most of this game, but it just adds to the fun of it. :)

Well Spoink has evolved. Charge Beam, Power Gem, Psybeam and Signal Beam. With those moves I have to say I'm really impressed with Grumpig's strength. I would definitely recommend it ^^

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Just defeated Burgh and headed onto Route 4~

502.png

Dewott
Nickname: Odin
Nature: Mild

447.png

Riolu
Nickname: Ghost

240.png

Magby
Nickname: Cinnabar

133.png

Eevee
Nickname: Veruvian

Play Time: 25 hours 14 minutes

Spr_5b_330.png

Flygon, Male
Level 49
Naive Nature
-Fly
-Rock Slide
-Dragon Tail
-Earth Power

Spr_5b_448.png

Lucario, Male
Level 49
Impish Nature
-Strength
-Force Palm
-Quick Attack
-Bone Rush

Spr_5b2_059.png

Arcanine, Male
Level 49
Jolly Nature
-Fire Fang
-Outrage
-Flare Blitz
-Crunch

Spr_5b_497.png

Serperior, Male
Level 49
Calm Nature
-Cut
-Leaf Blade
-Mega Drain
-Leaf Tornado

Spr_5b_320.png

Wailmer, Male
Level 38
Brave Nature
-Water Spout
-Surf
-Rest
-Brine

Spr_5b_326.png

Grumpig, Male
Level 49
Brave Nature
-Signal Beam
-Psyshock
-Charge Beam
-Power Gem

Cleared the way to Opelucid. While getting the last of my team to level 49, I found Wailmer who is a bit of a pain to level and has a creepy sprite :| But still something attracted me don't know what though

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Just beat Skyla. Looks like my next destination is Celestial Tower. :)

Current playtime: 34hrs 14 minutes, but my 3DS activity log claims the playtime is more around 28 hours. How does that work?
Pokedex: 73 obtained, 112 seen
Badges won: 6
Current location: Mistralton City, heading towards route 7

I'm currently rotating between 8 Pokemon (having added Sandshrew and Zorua, both now evolved, since my previous update) and still don't feel like my team's complete yet! Regardless, here's how the crew currently stands:

502.png
Dewott Male
Current Moveset: Return, Revenge, Razor Shell, Surf

448.png
Lucario Female
Current Moveset: Quick Attack, Force Palm, Dark Pulse, Bone Rush

542.png
Leavanny Male
Level: 31
Current Moveset: Bug Bite, Razor Leaf, Protect, Return

109.png
Koffing Female
Current Moveset: Return, Sludge, Haze, Venoshock

136.png
Flareon Male
Nickname: Serge
Moveset: Fire Fang, Quick Attack, Bite, Strength

621.png
Druddigon Male
Nickname: Ruffles
Moveset: Fire Fang, Crunch, Dragon Claw, Rock Slide

571.png
Zoroark Male
Nickname: Zoroark (Originally belonged to N)
Ability: Illusion
Moveset: Faint Attack, Snarl, Night Slash, Fury Swipes

28.png
Sandslash Male
Nickname: Jura
Ability: Sand Veil
Moveset: Magnitude, Crush Claw, Rock Slide, Rock Smash

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
I meant to update this more often.... D:

I've beaten the elite four and the champion now, so I'm on to post-game stuff. But before I get into that too much here is what my play-time and team look like fresh from our win. ^^

Current playtime: 41 hours 51 minutes Surprisingly less than I expected, but later on in the game I got caught up with the story and stopped caring for catching all the Pokémon (not to mention the fact I couldn't afford it :( )
Pokedex (Unova not national): Seen 237, caught 124
Pokédex stamps: 30
Badges won: all 8
Current location: Nuvema Town

Team:

503.png

Samurott
Level: 54
Moves: Tackle, Revenge, Surf, Razor Shell
Felix saved me quite a lot throughout my adventure to be honest, I'm surprised by just how good a Pokémon it is.

59.png

Arcanine
Level: 52
Moves: Flamethrower, Take Down, Outrage, Strength
I loved training Akamaru, and the only thing I can really complain about is the fact Growlithe doesn't learn Outrage until well into the 40 levels, so trying to train him up became quite hard later on in the game when I couldn't use the Fire Stone. ;-;

196.png

Espeon
Nickname: Vee.
Level: 53
Moves: Psychic, Morning Sun, Flash, Bite
Vee was another Pokémon that ended up saving me silly amounts throughout my adventure, I haven't trained many Espeon before so I really enjoyed training this one.

28.png

Sandslash
Level: 51
Moves: Crush Claw, Cut, Earthquake, Dig
Dario is another Pokémon I haven't really trained before nor had an interest in until I caught her, she ended up being one of my favourite members of the team.

448.png

Lucario
Level: 52
Moves: Ice Punch, Quick Attack, Shadow Claw, Aura Sphere
I'd been really looking forward to training Lucario again, but for some reason never felt with Aura. I'm not sure what it was, but he didn't seem as deadly as my normal Lucaio's.

135.png

Jolteon
Nickname: Jolt
Nature: Jolly
Level: 55
Moves: Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power, Wish
Admittedly I traded this one over before the elite four, but I couldn't complete the game without a Jolteon could I?! D:

Not sure what to do now; I'm torn between sorting the Pokédex out, medal collecting, or the Pokémon World Tournament. Guess I'll see. ^^

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Current playtime: 33 hours 7 minutes
Pokedex: Seen 112, caught 74
Badges won: 5
Current location: Route 6
Pokédex Route Stamps: 6 All Caught, 2 All Seen

Beat Elesa and Clay, and I'm now mopping up some Pokedex entries before I tackle Chargestone Cave. Notably, I have evolved several of my Pokèmon and expanded my team with a shiny Braviary I caught on Route 4. It has a pretty bad nature, but it's shiny!

502.gif

Dewott, Male

448.gif

Lucario, Male

059.gif

Arcanine, Female
Nature: Sassy / Thoroughly cunning

125.gif

Electabuzz, Female
Nature: Careful / Capable of taking hits.

549.gif

Lilligant, Female
Nature: Adamant / Strongly defiant.

628.gif

Braviary, Male *
Nature: Timid / Hates to lose.

Last edited:
My first post! Yay!

Current playtime: 24 hours 8 minutes
Pokedex (Unova not national): Seen 130, caught 19
Pokédex stamps: 0
Badges won: 6
Current location: Route 13

Team:

125.png

Electabuzz
Nickname: Stephanie
Nature: Careful, sturdy body
Moves: ThunderPunch, Thunder Wave, Return, Volt Switch
Never used this line before, asides my recent Crystal Nuzlocke - the movepool kinda sucks, but I hope to rectify this soon when I find a move tutor! Loving me some Electabuzz.

227.png

Skarmory
Nickname: Ruby
Nature: Naive, highly curious
Moves: Steel Wing, Spikes, Return, Fly
Haven't used a Skarmory yet either. So far, I am impressed and I can see why they are so widely used.

208.png

Steelix
Nickname: Hyperion
Nature: Relaxed, often dozes off
Moves: Rock Slide, Strength, Bulldoze, Crunch
I have used a Steelix before, but its been a long while since I did. Running my Onix previously with Eviolite was a lifesaver vs so many tough opponents, it just refused to die. Also it gave me a free win vs Elesa.

448.png

Lucario
Nickname: Rufus
Nature: Mild, mischievous
Moves: Force Palm, Return, Dark Pulse, Bone Rush
Apparently this is the obligatory pokemon to have in BW2. So here's mine.

192.png

Sunflora
Nickname: Caleigh
Nature: Bold, a little quick tempered
Level: 38
Moves: Giga Drain, Petal Dance, Leech Seed, Ingrain
I've never used a Sunkern or Sunflora, so once again I picked this one up. I thought she would be terrible, but against anything that doesn't wall a Grass-type she is surprisingly powerful. Gave me a near-free win vs Clay.

184.png

Azumarill
Nickname: Ouranos
Nature: Jolly, hates to lose
Level: 39
Moves: Return, Aqua Tail, Surf, Bulldoze
Another line I have never trained (spotted the pattern yet?). I'm pleasantly surprised as well, given how poor their stats are. I did make sure to get Huge Power though.

Yes I am a very proud anti-Unova-mon elitist. Also looking to replace Lucario, as I don't think it fits in my team so well - this will reduce the MASSIVE fire weakness I have as well. Possibly considering Starmie or another second water-type.