• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Tun's Sprite Stuff! REQUESTS OPEN

Re: Teh Shiny Sprites of Tun .:The Home of PokePlush™:.

Nicki Minaj said:
I suggest Andrew and Elise for the trainers.

Seconded. That would be epic~

Those trainers are really awesome, Tun<3 I love the girl's hat and outfit (I want that scarf- again x3)

And the boy looks so bad-ass~ I love the colours, the jacket and the jeans' red side-straps.

(Also the rival ttly shouldn't be called Jesper or anythin- *shot*)

Nicki Minaj said:
I suggest Andrew and Elise for the trainers.

Thirded, actually.
That doesn't mean you shouldn't take the names I suggested into consideration.

Because you know you love them.
Don't deny it, hon~

... xDD

I guess they're called Andrew and Elise then. XD

... anyway~
GO PROFESSOR OKOUBAKA!
4ztck.jpg

She's the Professor of Tomme. :> (gen v ttly took my femaleproffesor thunderrrrrrr </333)

AGAIN, ARGHFKJFGGGFFF SCRATCHING. ; A ;

I think I'm going to make all of the trainers before I make any more PokeMon ♥

SO YEAH
iluguyssomuch ♥

(also, Krysune, thank you so much for the advice! ♥ I'll edit them next time I post 'em :>)

♥​

Last edited by a moderator:

Woo hoo! :D

Oooh, and she's blafrican! Cool!

But her bust and arms look a little off.

I do like it a lot though! Better than I could scratch! XD

* Tun pretends that nothing ever happens and posts an edited version ♥

2wrln3q.jpg

Better? o:

(oniiee-chan ilu btw :>)​

Darn Gen V and its thunder-stealing D:< just kidding, Gen V is awesome.

These scratch sprites are great. Trainer sprites can be really hard to scratch. I have to say though, Professor Okoubaka's arm she's putting on her waist is a bit short and personally I think the elbow's outline should be completely black otherwise it creates this black dot :>

But yeah, other than that the sprite is good (and it has a tree name :D)

*coughs* I second Toastie's comment on Prof. O left arm :0 I also feel like it might look better if it was maybe a pixel thicker. I dunno, your call.

Other than that she's wonderful :D very unique and interesting design :>​

Oh Tun you amazing talented spriting person <33333 You're the best Spriter on Pokecharms since Sami. Srs face :|

These new sprites for the Tom Tomme Region are fantastic - Andrew and Elise are very well done, and look pretty original for Pokemon Trainers. Branching away from the Sugimori Style can really make for some good sprites~

Your scratching is coming along fantastically, might I add. Keep up at it and it'll just come naturally, I guess xD

Keep on Sprtiting Tunny~

rawr rawr rival tiem rawr

1z3qsrr.jpg

Yeah.
He has a hoodiecape thing. And a scarf. :>

(and he's called Jesper >>)

I don't like his hand but I done it in like two seconds so WHATEVER.

(and I'll post an updated Prof. Okoubaka when I'm ready <33 Thanks you guys~! ilu all so much <33333)

That's really good, Tun! I love it! o vo

It looks just like him, too, kekekeke.

Eeh ♥

That's a really awesome sprite~ I love the smugevil expression on his face, the excellent use of my favourite colour purple, the jeans and- Why are you so good with scarves? /jealousface

I wonder what his in-game personality is like? xD

I love the protagonists for the Tomme region! Andrew's trousers with those red thingies are great! I like the jacket/fleece too. Elise's hat is the best hat ever :3 And her bag is a good design. Ok, so Gen V have stolen the thunder for a female professor, but they haven't for a black professor! Professor Okoubaka may not be perfect, but for an 100% scratched sprite she is great! Jesper's hoodiecape is extremely creative, I haven't seen anything like it before! The colours are well chosen and the pattern is interesting.

Also, one quick question, Tun, how do you pronounce Tomme? Forgive me if you've already said it and I've missed it, but is the 'o' a hard one or a soft one, and does the 'e' make an 'eh' sound or is it silent?

Oho, Tomme can has rival :3 A pretty dang neat rival at that! I love the hoodiecape, I would definately get one if I found it in a store :3 At first I didn't see it was attatched to the hoodie, so I went "OMGLOL RIVAL IZ SUPAHEROOO!!1!" Which would've been neat, but made no sense whatsoever |D When in doubt, go with what makes most sense ^^;

I see you can has this interesting theme going on with the names. It adds to the anticipation, you want to know who is next :3 Although Professor Ferne would've been a better option in that case ^^

~Weeds Who is hoping you remember his real name :> *killed with fire*

I dunno, I thought it should be pronounced either 'tom' or 'tome'. Maybe I should have a vote :>

ANYWAY.

qr136f.jpg
dxbxa8.jpg
2u3ytsp.jpg

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay :>

♥​

IT'S A MYSTERY I TELL YOU.

A MYYYYYSSSSSSTERYYYYYYYY.

When will these enigmatic Pokemon reveal their identities?

Even in sillouette form, these new evolutions look very interesting! I'm looking forward to see what you've came up with~

I've been saying it "Tom" but I guess it really doesn't matter that much.

LOOK AT THOSE SHADOWS. WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN..

PEW PEW

I IZ HERR TO DELIVAH SOME POKEMANZZZZ
(ilu Tobiichan, oniiee-chan ♥)

e7aq94_th.jpg
+
2rqn91g.jpg

NAME: Slimeling
slym-ling - slime+seedling
TYPE: GRASS/POISON
ABILITY: OVERGROW - When a Pokémon with Overgrow uses a Grass-type move, the power will increase by 1.5x if the user has less than or equal to 33% of its maximum HP remaining.
POKeDEX ENTRY: Ebony edition: It is said that as SLIMELING grow they become more and more coated in poisonous gel. The leaves on their head eventually grow longer to cover their gooey flesh and the poison is concealed underneatht them.
Ivory edition: Although in their previous form as GERMINUT they would run around and be quite active, SLIMELING begin to root themselves down and don't move half as much.
Germinut > Level 14 > Slimeling > Level 38 > ???

4q07c_th.jpg
+
54veqp.jpg

NAME: Taiflam
tie-flam - tail + flame (lollazy)
TYPE: FIRE/NORMAL
ABILITY: BLAZE - When a Pokémon with Blaze uses a Fire-type move, the power will increase by 1.5x if the user has less than or equal to 33% of its maximum HP remaining.
POKeDEX ENTRY: Ebony edition: Much like BURMUR, TAIFLAM are mischevious and curious, but are a lot more careful due to their flammable tails.
Ivory edition: When TAIFLAM travel in groups or herds with older and younger members of their evolution lines. When they get cold they blow on each others tails to set fire to them and keep themselves warm.
Burmur > Level 16 > Taiflam > Level 36 > ???

2w4lf20_th.jpg
+
16irw43.jpg

NAME: Strambus
Strahm-buss - stratus + nimbus
TYPE: WATER
ABILITY: TORRENT - When a Pokémon with Torrent uses a Water-type move, the power will increase by 1.5x if the user has less than or equal to 33% of its maximum HP remaining.
POKeDEX ENTRY: Ebony edition: STRAMBUS rarely travel alone. They prefer to travel in large groups across the skies and be manouvered by the wind.
Ivory edition: Because they are constantly in tears, STRAMBUS usually converse with each other through burbling murmurs, which means they aren't the most sociable with other species of PokeMon.
Webell > Level 15 > Strambus > Level 32 > ???

♥​

<333333

The Tomme starters, I must say, are quite epic :3
I would totally pick your water family! For the clouds, the cute is so much |D

I'm still picking the fire type, but now I'm tempted to pick the water type. He looks like he needs a hug :< *hugs the poor thing*

Good job as always Tun :3

Oh, Tun!!

Adorability!
Srsly, these leetle sprites are awhdorable!!

Especially little Strambus... I just wanna huggle it and snuggle it... I'm so choosing Webell as my starter now!!

[silently tries to steal Strambus away]

Have a lovely day, Tunnerson, and I can't wait to see that final forms!!

I just want to post to say D'awwwwww Strambus are always crying D: I want to hug it forever.

I really like the grass line, too, which is a big deal because I usually don't like anything to do with the grass starter. But they're just so durn neat looking.

Looking forward to seeing the final evos, Tun~ Keep up the awesome work :'D

D'awwww Tun!
I love your starters there are just AWESOME!
They leave me speechless :>! I don't even think I could pick between a favourite, cause I love them all so much :DD I would have to pick all of 'em cause they are just so adorable :>>! Like everyone else can't wait to see final forms :DD!

Shaymin ~*

* Tun SLAPS EVERYONE FOR BEING TOO KINDDSSGFHGH

Anywaaaaaaaay c:
I have the 'mom' character of Tomme :'D
Only ...
... you don't call her 'mom'. (and even if you did it'd be 'mum' D:<)
You call her ...
2w66usn.jpg

Mother.

You also actually have a dad in Tomme that you see (like Ruby but he isn't a gym leaderp) and when he adresses her he calls her 'Jen'. :> When you have a double battle against them both her name comes up as 'MOTHER JEN'. So yeah. ♥

(100% scratched again, btw)

PS: I'm going to make animation frames for all of the important people; the heroes, the parents, the gym leaders, the E4, etc. ♥ So ... this is going to be quiiiite a long project XD

*wishes she could animate </3*

*puts a bandage on cheek from being slapped*

Tun, that is an excellent scratch! I don't know how you do it, but you make is seem so realistic! And I love that you made "Mother Jen" a bit formal, as most moms look like regular housewives. Good luck with your project! :3

Rawr rawr thank you Doubled rawr ♥

I made a sheet of overworlds for Mother Jen :'D
11sz59g.jpg

I've never done a full sheet of OWs before so yeah ... they aren't magnificent xD

And that dad guy I was talking about~!
You don't call him father, you call him dad if you're playing as Andrew or daddy if you're playing as Elise :>
33w9swm.jpg

Guess whaaaaaat~?
Mother Jen refers to him as 'Chad' :'D
He's holding a pen and paper because he's a writer ♥

(yes I know Chad and Jen wouldn't work at all because Chadaddy calls Jenova 'Mother' from time to time but SHOOSH this is just naming people for the sake of it D:<)

Who what those animation frames?
I'M WORKING ON THEM I SWEAR

♥​

I have no idea how you are so good at spriting Tuncake! I really love all of your sprites ♥

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN..

Tun! That is amazingly amazing and all of your sprite are so goodhudshjdxvhcds.

I want to play this game right now!

FFFFFFFFFFF ♥
oh my god you're scratching all of these
that is
so awesome
/mind blown

And I love these starters you are making
my love for Burmur and Taiflam are definitely not made bias by my love of fire starters. Nope.

ALSO LOOKIT KIMMUS AND OMG THOSE OVERWORLDS
GURL YEW SO TALENTED lookit the itty bitty parasol ammmgggggggggg

AND CHAD
HE LOOKS SO DAPPER
<333333
dfsgsdfhh
/love

Tun is amazing. TT vTT

I love all the new sprites!

My goodness!~

Oh dem Slimelings, always so coooooooll ^^ I still think Germinut's line is the sweetest out of the three, but it is a highly contested position ^^ I mean seriously, these are so frellin neat! Strambus and Tieflam are so awesome as well (even though Strambus needs a hug :<)

Mother Jen and Chad are so neat as well ^^ I especially like Chad, his design iss just so neat, and those pants are made of some srsbeans win spriting. I mean the shading, people, the shading! They look so perfectly baggy, as they're supposed to, and you did a flippin sweet job with him and every other sprite here! SUPERAWESOMEASKDLFJGWELLDONE!!

~Weeds

...Tun. ilu.

I look so amazing, I'm almost MILF-ish :'D
lolololjk. But really, I love your sprites ^^
I'm really looking forward to Tomme.

*spasms a bit*

You guys, I love you soooo~ ♥

I've also been getting a lot of compliments on chat and neeeeen you all make me feel all warm and fuzzy and nice inside <333333383983303
It's nearing my 1st Anniversary of spriting - next week, actually - so yeah, maybe I'll make something nice to thank you all because you're all FAR TOO KIND FOR MEEEEKJFnjknfe ♥

ANYWAY.

Last evolutions, here we go~!

15yce29.jpg
311syog.jpg
azezoj.jpg

No silhouettes for you, and no shinies or PokeDex entries, I'll upload them tomorrow, because I'm signing off now~

♥​

The sprite sheet looks amazing Tun :3 and Chad looks cool too. The final evos make me really tempted to choose either the fire or water type, but now the water type scares me a little 0_0 But reguardless they still look amazing and, well we will have to make up a new word for this, Tuntastic!

SO YOU'RE NAMING EVERYONE AFTER TEH CHARMSIANS AND WHATNOT.
EPICAL.

omg WHAT ARE THESE CALLED?! What are the names of these Pokemonz?
I must know.
You must tell me.
I command you.
[hypnotizes Tun]

N-E-WAY... Everything else is absorlutely fantastical ('specially Mother Jen, but I'm not playing the Favorite Sprite Game, even though Strambus OBVIOUSLY takes the cake. Mmmm, cake... Oh, I'm rambling again. Whoopsiez.)

THIS IS KERA SIGNING OFF. and still hypnotizing Tun in the background teehee.

Thank you Tun so much for the iMilotic !
It's so cool and I love it !
You are so creative , I would never have thought of something like that .
Amazing :)
Thanks again .

<333333333333333333

Ok srsly Tun OHGAWSHTHUNDERCLOUD it looks awesome and hates everyone (but secretly doesn't)

I love how grassstarterfinalform has such a blank expression xD

Also firestarterfinalform has a BANDANA ♥

Now, not really a complaint, but I just noticed - the final forms are much bigger than their previous forms :>

Anyways, great work tun~

Honk honk!

2ef5l01.jpg
+
25tcoih.jpg

NAME: Gigantree
jy-gan-tree - gigantic + tree (loooolobvious)
TYPE: GRASS/POISON
ABILITY: OVERGROW - When a Pokémon with Overgrow uses a Grass-type move, the power will increase by 1.5x if the user has less than or equal to 33% of its maximum HP remaining.
POKeDEX ENTRY: Ebony edition: : GIGANTREE can hardly move, and so spend most of their time rooted and still, absorbing sunlight. This helps the small GERMINUT that grow in the clumps of leaves to develop.
Ivory edition: It is said that, with their eyes closed and rooted into the soil, GIGANTREE are almost impossible to recognize in a forest.
Germinut > Level 14 > Slimeling > Level 38 > Gigantree

311syog_th.jpg
+
2hcdd6q.jpg

NAME: Madamburr
mad-amm-burrrrr; basically how it's spelled |D - Madagascar + ember ... spelled differently xD
TYPE: FIRE/NORMAL
ABILITY: BLAZE - When a Pokémon with Blaze uses a Fire-type move, the power will increase by 1.5x if the user has less than or equal to 33% of its maximum HP remaining.
POKeDEX ENTRY: Ebony edition: Through generations and generations of setting their tails and hands on fire to keep warm and attack enemies, MADAMBURR have a swirling ball of fire and gas on the end of their tail and bracelets of fire on the back of their arms.
Ivory edition: Though it may not seem like it, MADAMBURR have flaps of fat underneath their arms, used for gliding. Combining this with fire and the heat and gas to push themselves upwards, they can somewhat fly.
Burmur > Level 16 > Taiflam > Level 36 > Madamburr

azezoj_th.jpg
+
2czvitd.jpg

NAME: Ovrunder
ov-run-derr (soft o) - overcast + thunder
TYPE: WATER/ELECTRIC
ABILITY: TORRENT - When a Pokémon with Torrent uses a Water-type move, the power will increase by 1.5x if the user has less than or equal to 33% of its maximum HP remaining.
POKeDEX ENTRY: Ebony edition: Unlike their pre-evolutions, OVRUNDER are constantly raging. The don't usually converse much, but when they do, it is in rasping gaps and shouts.
Ivory edition: Because they are somewhat envious of happiness, if they were to spot a very cheerful or upbeat person they would begin to call over other Ovrunders and start a storm around the happy atmosphere.
Webell > Level 15 > Strambus > Level 32 > Ovrunder

Thanks to Dark for Gigantree's PokeDex info <33

So yeah, here you goooooo <33

I hope you all like them~!
Remember to tell me which you'd pick, I'd love to hear :>

(also yeah, they're much bigger, because - well - they are c: ESPECIALLY GIGANTREE HE'S HUGE)

♥​

You...are... awesome! RAWR I would actually pick Madamburr! You are just so good at spriting and scratching! And didn't you name all Gigantree's evos th same as the ones on the first page? The names are exactly the same! Keep up the good work! :3

Andrew wants the angry cloud!

Tun makes such good spriteses.