• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Welcome to Trotious

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Nick sent out October, and smirked," This may be my first battle, but I got this in the book! Spring, Gust, let's go!" October thought it would battle and sighed as she faded away.

Crimson rose slowly. "What? Bruised? Me?" He chuckled. "I'm fine. I've ran into rocks before. This is nothing!" He smiled, showing off the gap between his front teeth. His dimples on his cheeks made themselves visible.

"Sparky dodge!"
Sparky tried to dodge the Mach Punch, but it came to fast and hit him in the top part of the rear leg.
"Sparky use Spark!" Sparky's pelt crackled with electricity. He then rushed to the Poliwrath.

"A-are you sure?" Katora asked, blushing slightly. "His dimples are so cute." She thought to herself. Meowstic walked to Crimson and hopped on his shoulder, poking his face. Eevee started laughing, she thought it was funny. Katora giggled a bit and looked at Crimson, "I'm Katora, nice to meet you." She smiled and held her hand out for a handshake.

AverageTrainerJosh

Previously AverageTrainerJ
(If I'm a little late to the rp, I apologize and I'll leave if you want me to.)
Name: Josh
Looks: Tall-ish with brown hair and eyes, wearing a gray t-shirt, green shoes, and jeans.
Pokemon: Amy the Pidove, Greg the Blitzle, Kyle the Trubbish, Glenda the Vanillite, and Scarlet the Litwick
Partner: Edwin the Oshawott
Personality: Kind of bored and unmotivated, but can be excited when he's invested in something. Typically sarcastic, and has a better time talking to a crowd than just one person face-to-face. He's competent enough to do stuff on his own.

"Woah, a battle!" Josh darted to the two Pokemon that were having a battle. He stared enthusiastically at the two Pokemon, studying how each one moves. "So cool."

"Osha!" An Oshawott hid behind Josh's leg as he trembled. Josh picked him up.

"I know it's intimidating, Edwin, but look at the synchronization. The movement. The grace! Also, it looks awesome!" Josh threw out his other pokeballs for the rest of his Pokemon to watch. "Watch, everyone. I want you all to be this powerful. I mean, you don't have to be pro wrestlers or anything, but you get the idea." His pokemon growled excitedly. "And also, I wanna be as skilled as those trainers. Look at the bond they have with their Pokemon. It's fantastic." Josh jogged closer to the battlefield to get a better look.

(@AverageTrainerJosh you're fine. If we were closed then I would have changed it. So you're good. @SwiftSwoobat it's me and the gym leader fighting. Also please delete your question or add some RP elements. @everyone If you have any questions please start going here: https://pokecharms.com/threads/welcome-to-trotious-
discussion.20750/
thank you)
Ember hated waiting. Everyone left the gym, to her surprise. Could Katora have seen Venis from up there? Did Sam dislike Eve that much? Did that other trainer that Eve seemed to know really thought that her trainer's battle was that boring? These were the questions that flooded Ember's mind when she found out that the gym leader and her pokemon and her trainer and her other pokemon were in the building.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Nick was tired of observing the place and charged headfirst into the gym to consult Eve. "Ack!", he squirmed," It's been about time I do this!" He pointed at Eve,"I challenge you to a battle!"

"I'm I the middle of a gym battle right now. you can battle me after my pokemon get healed up after this battle." Eve told Nick, annoyed. She was to busy with her gym battle right now, so Nick could wait for all she cared. Besides, he was very annoying and she was still mad at him, for two things.

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
Anora was outside the gym, carring her skitty in her arms. "We are going to battle this gym, are you ready?" Anora asked her skitty, Haipy. Haipy nodded and waved her tail "nyah!" She replaid in excitement, "then lets go in and beat that gym leader" Anora said and opened the door.

She entered the gym only to find out that someone else is battling the gym leader currently. she decided to wait for them to finish before challenging, at least i can get myself ready for the incoming battle Anora thought to herself as she waits near the entrance, ignoring the others that in the area.

Ember spotted a new trainer that she hasn't seen before. She started coming up with strategies for dealing with the Skitty in her arms.
Venis heard the door open and curled up. he was SO frightened.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
@LePoisson Legends aren't allowed! Also, I'm pretty sure no Megas either.

Nick was infuriated. He charged out, battling any trainer he could, to his surprise, he won all of the battles. His Pokemon were worn out, but he payed little attention to them. Suddenly, Spring snapped at him. Instead of using Confusion on a Tyrogue, he used it on Nick, of course, Nick's feeble mind became confused. He waddled around town, to the Pokemon Center where he passed out on a sofa with his Pokemon.

Katora rushed to the Pokecenter. Eevee started coughing more, she looked at Katora and thought to herself, "W-will I be okay...?" Meowstic looked worried. Katora finally went in the Pokecenter and gave Nurse Joy Eevee, looking a bit worried. "Will she be alright...?" Nurse Joy looked at her and smiled, "She will be just fine, just wait here!" She said after she rushed in the emergency room. Katora sat down and started petting Meowstic, looking at bit down. "Oh I hope she's okay..." Meowstic also wanted Eevee to be okay too.

(Thank you SwiftSwoobat I was trying to talk to him but he didn't do anything but delete the first bio he posted. Also, I won't be on much today so if anyone tries to join just tell them I'll get to them when I can. Thank you in advance)
Sparky ran straight for the Poliwrath, his pelt crackling. He was surrounded by yellow tint clearly, the electricity stored up.
Eve looked on. Wasn't Laquna going to make his pokemon dodge?

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Nick woke up perfectly fine to his surprise. He took a glance at the PC to see a Porygon in it. "What?", Nick shook his head and the Porygon disappeared. Dizzy hung out with other Bug Pokemon, October was stealing items from trainers, and Potter and Spring we're relaxing by Nurse Joy.

Magic Sparkle

@LePoisson megas are z moves (even that you didnt use a z move) are illegal as well, you need admin permission to have mega.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anora watched the battle with haipy, "that battle would be easy, i will just use Joljol against him" she said to herself with a giggle as she pet Haipy.

She continued watching the battle, seeing the tactics the trainer and the gym leader using. "That trainer wont stand a long time... She doesn't look that strong either. we will battle her later, right haipy?" Anora said quietly to haipy, the skitty nodded as she purrs with joy.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Nick charged at the PC, looking for any Pokemon in it. Suddenly, it shut off, and a Porygon hopped out. Potter looked at the strange Pokemon and cried, so Spring tried to comfort him. The Porygon disappeared again into the PC. Nick shrugged it off and grouped his Pokemon up to watch a Gym battle. He saw a newcomer on the bleachers, and immediately went up to greet her. "Hi! I'm Nick! Want to have a battle!?", he said very energetically, gleaming as he awaited her answer.

Magic Sparkle

Anora keep watching the battle boredly, planning her moves quickly, at least until someone suddenly interrupt her on her planning.

At the start she got angry but after hearing his challenge she sighed and relaxed, "i guess a battle would take the time until my turn to fight, i accept your challenge!" She replaid, there was a faint excitement look on her face.
She took out a pokeball with a spiral symbol oh his button and holded it, "we should find a good place to battle. i am Anora by the way, Anora Gales" Anora told Nick and introduced herself.

Katora saw Nurse Joy holding Eevee in perfect condition and she walked to her, "Thank you so much!" Nurse Joy smiles and gives Eevee back to Katora. "Your very welcome." She said as she walked back. Katora smiled more and hugged Eevee, walking out the Pokecenter and giggling, skipping around with a smile on her face.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Nick chuckled," I know the perfect place! The battlefield outside of the Pokemon Center!" Nick led Anora out of the gym, to the battlefield, which had craters in it from a recent battle. "Okay! Let's have a normal battle, 1v1, with all of our Pokemon!", Nick refereed.

Magic Sparkle

"im not sure i got it, but for what are we waiting for?, Lets battle" Anora said with her sweet voice. "Haipy, try watching the battle, it can give you a good practice" Anora said and released the skitty from the hold of her right arm so she could watch from behind.

She tossed the ball in her left arm to the air, a moment later a spinda came out and landed, "who are you going to use?" She asked softly.

Magic Sparkle

(if i get it right, dizzy is a ledian, right?)

Anora blinked a few times as she looked at the pokemon, then giggling a bit.
"Lets go spirl!, Use hypnosis!" Anora called out, the spinda ears and eyes start glowing as his eyes start swirling, sending a wave of his move toward the ledian.

Haipy watched curiously, she didnt try to learn about the battle like her trainer did, she wanted to enjoy seeing the battle.

"Well, Dizzy, of course!", he threw Dizzy's Net Ball and it came out. Dizzy's Fighting type moves will be super effective!, Nick thought.
FOR THE LOVE OF KEEPING THIS CHAT, DO NOT DO ONE LINERS! ))

(Also @MeowsticMeowster56 sorry for not responding. Life happened)

Crimson heard the sounds of a battle and ran over to the location the sound was leading. "I love a good battle." He climbed into the stands to watch as Pikachu squeaked. "Pika Pika!" He said as he held his trainer's shoulder.

Katora and her Pokémon also heard the sounds of a battle and walked over to watch it. Eevee hopped down when she saw Crimson, she walked over to him and hopped on his head. Meowstic just watched the battle along with Katora, cheering just a bit.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Dizzy was curious about Hypnosis and was effectively put to sleep, as it didn't avoid it. "Oh no...", Nick said," Here, a Chesto Berry!" Dizzy ate the Chesto Berry effectively, and woke up. "Now, Mach Punch!" Dizzy charged at Spinda, taking flight to it's advantage.

Magic Sparkle

Anora looked at the crowd that start coming and giggled to herself, "just watch and learn" she said quietly to herself.

However she did got annoyed when her rival used a chesto berry.
"Spinda, try to block the attack and trap him into another slumber!" She called out, she knew spinda wont be fast enough to dodge the attack.

Spinda nodded and took the damage from the super effective attack, but quickly holded the ledian and used hypnosis once again.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Dizzy fell asleep, rather comfortably. "Return, Dizzy!", Nick substituted his Pokemon." October, it's time to shine!" The Misdreavus giggled at the Spinda. "Pursuit!", he commanded. October charged at the Spinda, and it's orbs turned black.

Magic Sparkle

Anora laughed as she sees the rival's pokemon falling asleep, "its time for a lit-" she didn't finish her sentence before the trainer switched to a misdreavus, which made annoyed her a bit.

"A misdreavus... Okay spirl, return" Anora said but before she managed to return him a sudden tackle came from the other pokemon, it took Anora by a surprise.
"W-wha?!" She said in shock as she returned the spinda to his ball, at least he didnt faint from that attack.

"Okay uni!, Its your time to shine" Anora said with a wink as she threw her ball at the air. A blue sylveon landed and a sparkle surrounded him for a moment, meaning that he is a shiny pokemon.

"Okay uni, lets do it! Use shadow ball" Anora called out, she could taste her victory.
The shiny sylveon nodded calmly and charged a black ball, then shooting it toward the ghost pokemon.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
The Misdreavus faded away, avoiding the attack. "Okay then... use Astonish!", Nick said. Abruptly, the Astonish turned into Confuse Ray instead. Nick laughed when October sent out purple balls of light toward the Sylveon.

Magic Sparkle

With a flash of light the sylveon become confused, looking around, everything looked like the misdreavus and he couldn't see where the real one.

Anora looked at her sylveon, every move she will tell him have a big chance to miss, or even make him hit himself. However, she do know one move that wont miss.
"Uni, dont lose it, use hyper voice! I know you can" Anora said, there start to be a worry in her.

Meanwhile the sylveon shocked his head, trying to snap out of it, it was like all the misdreavus trying to force her to hurt herself, but he refused for that.
He then hear a voice from one of the misdreavuses "Uni, dont lose it, use hyper voice! I know you can", it may looked like a misdreavus but it was clearly sounded like his trainer.

His head start to shake as he trying to bring himself into doing that attack. Anora covered her ears as she sees uni, believing he is going to success.

And finally, the blue sylveon burst an hyper voice, but somehow it wasnt a normal type attack, it was... A fairy type?.
Anora giggled a bit evilly "you see, theres a reason why i called him uni" she said with her giggles.

Crimson would rub Eevee's head as he walked behind the girl and watched battle, his hat now on the small pokemon's head. He smiled as Pikachu held onto his trainers shoulder before, upon impulse, Crimson shouted, "I challenge you next!" He screamed, his hands on his cheeks to heighten his voice.

Katora shouted and covered her face, starting to cry. Meowstic glared and hissed at them. Eevee was just messing with the hat. Katora ran off still crying, Meowstic followed her as well. Eevee hopped onto Crimson's head because she was also a bit scared. Eevee thought to herself, "He scared her bad enough to made her to start crying..." Eevee curled into a little ball and fell asleep.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
October was hit by Hyper Voice, which struck Nick confused. "Huh?", Nick pondered for a minute," It must be the ability Pixilate... October, let's show 'em Psywave!" October sent out an array of psychic power, which formed into a wave, attempting to hit Uni.

Eevee looked very confused. Katora looked at Pikachu and calmed down a bit, picking it up and smiling. "You're very nice, thank you." She said with a smile as she walked back, holding Pikachu in her arms like a baby. Meowstic followed along with a smile on her face, she liked seeing Katora happy. Eevee yawns a bit and falls asleep.

Magic Sparkle

Anora looked at the psywave that coming, to break a wave i need another wave or at least something that would break it. Uni have two moves that work as a wave, one of them might miss and the other might not be strong enough against the wave she thought.

"Uni use hyper voice again! Follow it up with a shadow ball" Anora called out, she cant let herself lose like that. Uni send out a wave of voice, but will it be strong enough to block the psywave?.
It did blocked the wave and there was a strange sound in the middle of the battlefield.

"Great, now shadow ball!" Anora called out in a cheerful way. Uni shock her head a few times, trying to see who from all the misdreavuses that he see is the real one.

He shot a black ball toward the misdreavus, at least he thought it was the misdreavus, it was actually a tree, which means he missed.

"It would be okay, it will wear off very soon" she said softly, to calm her sylveon down.

Last edited:

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
"Hm... October, return!", he said," Dizzy, come on out!" The Ledian practiced boxing the air for a bit. "Now, Light Screen!", he commanded. Dizzy crafted a screen made out of it's psychic energy, as Ledian can learn a bunch of other psychic moves.

Magic Sparkle

Anora laughed a bit from hearing another challenge, however, she still need to challenge the gym leader. She wasn't sure she could accept this one as well.

I will take the chance to switch Anora thought as she sees the light screen, she took uni's ball and returned it.
She took another pokeball, with a lightning symbol on the button.

"Go Joljol!, its time for some sparkles to come in!" She said with another wink and threw the ball to the air, but unlike uni and spirl, the emolga came up with an entrance of electricity and landed on Anora's shoulder perfectly.

"Use nuzzle!, Make him unable to move!" She called out with a wink, she was serious but she tried to show she isn't.

The emolga flew in high speed toward the ledian with sparks coming from her cheeks, passing the barrier like nothing (since it is a physical attack).

Sparky hit the Poliwrath. Although new Sparky had a small limp. It didn't hold him back, just a bit of an annoyance to Sparky.
Eve was surprised. Why was the gym leader doing nothing? It was like she was in a different world, like she was not there.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Dizzy was in such a shock that he was hit. It was super effective..., Nick pondered, I think that I should switch, but then eventually.... Nick shook his head. "Dizzy, try and use Dizzy Punch!", Nick commanded without any backup plan. Dizzy looked confused, so it just used Mach Punch. Wait... no, that WAS Dizzy Punch! With nearly perfect accuracy, the Ledian flew at the Emolga.