• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What Animal, or Creature would you like to see, as a Pokémon?

Yes I do but a lot of things can be inspired from one thing and vice versa.

But honestly that is only one thing on the list and that there are other options and not necessarily have to be a son wu kong based pokemon. (But I really want a Manticore pokemon :( )

I would like to see a poop Pokémon. Don't know why. I mean we kinda technically have it because of darumakas droppings being put in a trainers pocket to keep the warm. Because Pokémon stands for pocket-monsters. I've said to much. ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

What I would like to see? Holy crud, that's a toughie.

Regarding typing, I'll be hyped to see a Ghost/Fairy. Come to think of it, that could be a mythical Pokemon inspired by fallen angels.

Though, this thread specifically mention animals. Hmmm, what about a leopard? Nintendo already did one of the African lion. There are many directions you can take with this. One typing I had in mind was Ice/Electric, but it could be Dark/Rock or even Grass/Fighting.

Aaronimations

Formerly Aaron the Fright
I really want to see another bat pokemon or and angler fish i mean i know zubat noibat and woobat but i wanna see a hiding pokemon like the yo kai hidabat from yo kai watch if you watch that show and i know lanturn but i want a scary angler fish pokemon

A narwhal Pokémon!
Type: Water/Ice or Water/Fighting (the first one is better)
Some moves: Waterfall, Megahorn, Close Combat, Poison Jab.

Number 1: Dolphin. DO I EVEN HAVE TO ASK WHY WE NEED A DOLPHIN? We have a shark Pokemon, a whale Pokemon, but NO DOLPHIN POKEMON? Are you kidding me? Pure Water, or Water/Psychic typing, since dolphins have been close to humans for years.
Number 2: Manticore. What? You say Litleo is based on a Manticore? Nope. NOT EVEN CLOSE. Make one that has a Fire/Dark typing, much like Houndoom.
Number 3: Stegosaurus. A cool dinosaur, but the roster of dino Pokemon is incomplete, so we need a STEGOSAURUS Pokemon. Maybe Rock and Steel.
Number 4: Aardvark. An aardvark Pokemon needs to have a Ground typing, hence aardvarks being able to dig. Plus, they would feed on Durant.
Number 5: Koala. Koalas are so cute! We need a koala Pokemon that's Grass/Normal, like the Deerling line.
Number 6: Manatee. Don't get me wrong there is a Pokemon called Dewgong, and he's not based on a dugong. A manatee Pokemon should be pure Water.
Number 7: Velociraptor: These deadly predators might be cool to make a Pokemon out of, and people would also make memes with Chris Pratt taming his raptors. Rock typing would do.
Number 8: Numbat. These cute little fellas need to have a Pokemon equivalent of them. Normal typing would make sense, and it needs a long tongue.
Number 9: Quoll. If you live in the Land Down Under, you might want a Pokemon based on this marsupial. It OBVIOUSLY needs a Normal typing.
And last but not least, Number 10: Assassin bug. Alright, these bugs are pretty cool-looking, but they can be deadly. I want to see a Pokemon based on it, and it would be Bug/Dark.

i want a dolphin pokemon preferably a Water/Fairy type for one i LOVE dolphins and two there has yet to be both an aquatic mammal (excluding Whalelord) and a true wolf...so i would love both a water/fairy dolphin pokemon and a Dark type wolf pokemon...anyone else agree?

What I would like to see? Holy crud, that's a toughie.

Regarding typing, I'll be hyped to see a Ghost/Fairy. Come to think of it, that could be a mythical Pokemon inspired by fallen angels.

Though, this thread specifically mention animals. Hmmm, what about a leopard? Nintendo already did one of the African lion. There are many directions you can take with this. One typing I had in mind was Ice/Electric, but it could be Dark/Rock or even Grass/Fighting.
about your leopard statement there is already liepard so you got your wish about 4-5 years ago

A betta fish! Aka a Siamese fighting fish. I think a dual fighting/water type would be awesome and we don't actually have very many of that typing. the only one I can think of at the moment is Poliwrath, but I want a fighting/water type that actually looks like a fish with only fins and not humanoid looking, probably water type being the main. The best thing I love about Staraptor is because it can use a fighting move like Close Combat and not have hands and feet to throw punches. A fighting type that fights in a non-conventional style? Yes please!

I know that there's already Buneary, but it'd be cool to have another rabbit Pokemon. Like an arctic hare type Pokemon that changes forme in different seasons, much like Sawsbuck and Deerling. Just kind of random, but I think that it'd be an okay idea.

I'm thinking....

A gargoyle. A Rock+Ghost typing would fit perfectly with a gargoyle.

Or maybe a ninja crab. Sword blades emerging from the pincers would be sicker than pulling a secret rare out of a pack of cards.

What about a snail or cloud Pokémon?

Or a flying squirrel?

sketch-67772005.png

I'm thinking....

A gargoyle. A Rock+Ghost typing would fit perfectly with a gargoyle.

Or maybe a ninja crab. Sword blades emerging from the pincers would be sicker than pulling a secret rare out of a pack of cards.
I drew that ;)

I think that the world of sea creatures and tropical birds need to be explored
For sea creatures I would like to see a
lion fish, whale shark, another shark pokemon ( there are tons of variety for inspiration)
a stingray (mantine is a manta ray not a stingray), a toothed whale, a barracuda
a sword fish, and a flying fish
For birds I would like to see a
flamingo, kiwi bird (does doduo count?), quetzal, albatross (in final form), kingfisher, heron, and a loon

I think a coatle (look it up) would be AWESOME. a ground/flying type might be good.i also want a griffon (I don't know who DOSENT know this but............can you guess?.......look it up)a rock/dragon might work.

I'd love to see what a griffin Pokemon might look like, honestly. I mean, I guess Type: Null kinda-sorta looks like one, but I mean something more. As for real-life animals, I have to agree and say that Game Freak needs to get on making a dolphin Pokemon. Also. I think there should be at least one more fox Pokemon, literally just because I love foxes. :p

Maybe when they make a generation 8, the legendaries could all be elementals. A Fire elemental, a Water elemental, a Sky elemental, etc. Their description could be something along the lines of:

"Without these Pokémon, there would be no Pokémon types. These Pokémon all can morph into small gemstones representing their element. They created Pokémon types, and without the gemstones, there would be no type loops, such as the rock-paper-scissors like concept of water beats fire, fire beats grass, grass beats water. They can morph together into a big war beast."

I just came up with that on the spot.

Well, personally, I'd love to see some more pokemon based on big cats. Yeah, I know, cat pokemon are a dime a dozen, but I'd like to see ones based on endangered big cats. I'm not talking tigers, or leopards here, I'm talking Iberian lynxes, margays, ocelots, and other really rare ones. On account of its habitat IRL, I think that a pokemon based on the Iberian lynx would be a ground/grass type...

I know this is going to sound weird .... Tube worms ... In case your wondering tube worms are stationary tube shaped animals that live deep at the bottom of the ocean where sunlight does not reach instead of living in an ecosystem based off the sun like 99% of the planet they live in an ecosystem based off vents on the ocean floor spewing out Chemicals that are the basis of life here microorganisms convert those chemicals into energy then the tube worms eat those microorganisms. Imagine tube worms like a Venus fly trap but an animal and way under the see if anything edible gets inside the tube the entrance closes and it digest its prey.

For example - how about a Bug/Water that doesn't lose its typing for something boring? Enter Argyroneta aquatica, the Diving Bell Spider - the only spider to spend all of its life underwater. It carries its air supply with it - using specialized hair on its abdomen and legs to trap bubbles of air which it uses to breathe when on the move (that is why their abdomen appears silvery in this picture - that's the air bubble around it). Diving Bell spiders build complicated 'diving bell' webs that are filled with air and their structure allows gas exchange with the surrounding water - that is to say, Oxygen diffuses in, CO2 diffuses out - like an artificial gill of sorts. The smaller females (an unusual thing for spiders, where the females are usually larger) live within their bell webs for most of their lives whereas the males are larger and are more active hunters (though they do construct diving bell webs as well, theirs tend to be smaller and require less air shifts).

wouldn't Araquanid count?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, I made that post before Sun/Moon - they've managed to not only make a Pokemon that takes cues from giant isopods (and Golisopod is ♥) but also to take a few cues of inspiration from diving bell spiders with Dewpider/Araquanid.

Which would have been awesome if they haven't gotten it completely backwards - Dewpider/Araquanid's head is surrounded by the water bubble rather than its abdomen - which has all the fricking legs connected to it for some ridiculous reason (in actual spiders the legs are connected to the cephalothorax), to say nothing of the weird giant compound eyes (spiders do not have compound eyes. Most spiders, actually, are not very good on the vision front, hunting using a vibration sense more than anything else. There are exceptions of course - jumpies have excellent vision and at least some of them use a very interesting mechanism for depth perception. The Deinopidae (the web casting spiders I believe I mentioned in my original post) also have very good night vision which is sort of necessary for the specialized way they hunt their prey) - but not even the spider with the most complex, large eye structures, have anything resembling the absolute weirdness that is Dewpider/Araquanid's ginormous eyes. TBF the entire line looks like they pushed it a bit too far from the natural inspiration for me to be able to appreciate it - Honestly, I couldn't even recognize it as something meant to be a spider when the species first leaked out. Thought it was meant to be some kind of cheesy 60s space alien with bubble astronaut helmet. Only took the English names popping up for the penny to drop - and by that point the species has already established itself as a solid Meh in my books, particularly when Golisopod does that type combination so much better.

I mean, to be fair, Pokemon are not the Earth creatures they're inspired by but some form of alien biosphere equivalents instead and some variances are to be expected I suppose... but I dunno. Bit of a pet peeve of mine that a series that was inspired by bug collection gets arthropod anatomy so agonizingly wrong continuously. <<

So I think I'll post on this thread again, just because I thought of another Pokemon...

I think it'd be amazing to see some kind of dachshund Pokemon. I know, there's a TON of dog Pokemon already(Rockruff is my favorite BY FAR, though XD), but there isn't one of this particular breed. Plus, I could see being combined with a worm or something for Ground-Normal typing. Like if it didn't have a tail or something. Idk, but I think it'd be a pretty darn cool design. XD

qlovers

Previously pæstella
@Lord Of Pain Here's some Ideas I think would be Cool:

1.Okapi. It should be a Ground and Dark type, since it's a Zebra and half horse, Zebras are quite Dark, they have Mohawks and dark stripes that look cool :3 It should be called Mokapi, sounds cute.

2. @Lord Of Pain I think a Red Panda would be a GREAT IDEA! Especially a Fire-Fighting type.It should be called. . .Crimpain (Crimson (For blood and Pain, because blood is pain) Eh, I should think of better names. . .

3. A normal-ground type Fossa would be good.Fossalis is a good name :).

4. @the-mirrors-wish I love that Idea.It could be named Mapleoth (Maple-Oth)

5. Chimera, please? It could be Poison Fire type and the only Poison type Legendary.The name would be Chimmerarara

6. More Unicorns please?

7. I was thinking about a New Galactic type pokemon.And I thought a Pokemon like Nebby or Mew two would do.

8. Lynx please? It can Be Ice and Fighting type since its Wild cat also known as Bob-Cat, It can be called Rinkuice (Rinku-ice) coming from the Japanese word 'Rinkusu' which means Lynx.

9.Kappa.A Japanese mythical creature which can be a Legendary with 'Physic' type or 'Bug' it can be names Kappaoni
( Kapa-On-Ee)

I would love to see pokemon based off of greek legends. Like there are about 1000 unique creatures in the old stories. Some of my favorites are..
1. Minotaur
Type: Dark/fighting or normal

2. Kampe (I'm sure a lot of people have no idea what Kampe is)
Type: Poison/Dragon

3. Pegasus
Type: Flying (and maybe dragon)

4. Those steel bulls that king had( the king with the golden fleece, can't remember his name)
Type: Steel/Fire

5. Harpies
Type: Dark/Flying