• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What are you playing?

Currently Playing
-Ocarina of Time 3D
-Nintendogs + Cats
-Pokemon White

Recently Played
-Super Mario Bros.
-Rayman DS
-Golden Eye 007 (Wii)

Will Play
-Megaman 2
-Pokemon Emerald
-Yoshi's Island

I mostly play whatever games I randomly grab, or are laying around somewhere~

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
My life was eaten by Radiant Historia today, a DS RPG. Kinda got addicted once I'd passed the initial introduction stuffs. It feels like I'm back in the SNES era of RPGs: gameplay, plot, music and all. I'm loving this game to pieces so far, about 7 hours in now. Something tells me I won't be seriously playing anything else for awhile.

The game came with a random piano selections CD. Totally for the win~

Playing: Persona 4 (I'm at the VERY end :>)

Will Play:
Persona 3 (need to finish it XD)
The Sims 3(I like building houses c:)
More Ragnarok Online (playing MysticRO until Rebirth's servers get their act together and stop uberlagging)
Replay: Halo series + Sengoku Basara 3 with my beloved in Augusttt~

Finished FFVII a while ago... 'cept like the Weapons.

Been messing around with LoL and I got WoW trial cuz I'm cheap.

Started to play PMD: Red Rescue Team again, I forgot how epic the music is in that game.

Currently Playing
The Sims 2 (I wuv building houses, and then setting them on fire)
Minecraft

Will play when I get time/want to
Pearl Nuzlocke

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I'm currently, at the expense of everything else in my life, playing Dragon Age: Origins.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
In addition to what I'm currently playing, I've started a save up on Kinectimals. My little sisters have been playing it a lot and I couldn't resist trying it out myself. The kitties are adorable, and some of the mini-games look fun.

I can has a panther. :3

Well since I just acquired a ps2 and some games into my possession...I'll be playing God Of War for awhile ^^ then when thats done it'll be God Of War II X)

Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros Melee: Like it better than Brawl. Bring back Mewtwo!
Minecraft: can anyone at all tell me why this is so addicting?!?!
Emerald: Gotta do it again. Made the best team ever.

Will be Playing: Pokemon World Online: Best Online Pokemon, but server apparently DOWN.
Pokemon- Saphire
FireRed
LeafGreen
Silver
Blue : Almost all are re-runs. FireRed and Saphire are first time playthrough.

Have Recently Played: OoT 3D: Pretty fun, even I knew what was coming.
Pokemon White: Still touching up some stuff, but basically just for kicks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm still playing Radiant Historia, but recently I also started up Final Fantasy XIII. While I'll probably get through Radiant Historia before summer is out, it's unlikely that I'll do the same for FF XIII. :p

I've also restarted Pokemon Black so that I can play through it as my younger sister plays through Pokemon White. It's nice being able to make proper use of the C-Gear, and I'm also finding renewed usefulness for the Dream World.

Other than that, I've played a bit of New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Galaxy 2, DKC Returns, Sonic Colors (Wii), and Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games over the past couple of weeks. Most all of this involved co-op with my younger sisters, except Sonic Colors... but even that was encouraged by them asking to see the game in action.

I'm about to start a Pokémon Black run. For now, I do some playthroughs on Fire Red, Yellow(finished), Crystal(only Red left) and Emerald.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still working my way through Ocarina of Time 3D, doing a dungeon every so often.
I've also got back into Warioware DIY and Professor Layton and the Lost Future. Some of those parrot puzzles are quite tricky!

Well, I beat the main game of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days yesterday, still doing some post-game stuff (beating missions, trying to get the Zero Gear, etc.). Also currently doing a Pokémon Pearl Nuzlocke run. I'm thinking about getting Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded after school tomorrow, but we'll see. Also Pokémon White, but that's post-maingame stuff, eventually setting up a competitive team, etc.

LoL, WoW, Streetfighter4/3, Zelda OoT, Wipeout HD, Megaman Zero Collection.

Actually way more but those are the ones I put most time in right now.

Zelda OoT made me realize that I am actually way better at videogames than my 12 year old self was.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Actively playing: Pokemon Rumble Blast, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Pokemon Black

I'm also looking forward to taking Skylander's: Spyro's Adventure and/or Sonic Generations for a spin tonight. I bought my little sister Skylander's for her birthday (don't judge me) and getting Sonic for myself today after work. ^^

On Hold: Final Fantasy XIII, WoW, and Star Fox 64 3D. The first two I'm likely to get back into sooner than later, but I think I'm done with Star Fox for now. It's not like I haven't played the original version countless times before. xp

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I bought and played a couple of hours worth of Sonic Generations yesterday, and it's one helluva beautiful piece of nostalgia. And yet to my surprise the game isn't just a straight forward "beat the levels, beat the bosses" adventure. It has 10 special challenges per area to keep you coming back for more and, in somewhat typical modern Sonic fashion, has various power-ups you can purchase and equip onto Sonic.

So far I've only played through the first three areas, and I'm both loving the stages themselves and their remixed music. Speaking of musics, I find it incredibly awesome that Generations' unlockable tunes can be used within the actual game. Many games have Jukebox-type unlockables but being able to use the songs this way makes them so much more meaningful.

Summed up: I'm really enjoying this game. :D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Bumping. I made this topic anyways, so what the hey~

I sat myself down in front of the Xbox 360 this afternoon and decided to give some of my unplayed games a go. The two games in question were Rayman Origins and Bastion.

After all its glowing reviews I had high hopes for Rayman Origins, and I'm happy to say that it hasn't disappointed. I started playing it alone and after a couple of levels my little sister joined in too; drop-in-and-out co-op never ceases to be awesome. Simple but fun gameplay, solid controls, great level design and gorgeous visuals, and the various unlockables keeps things fresh and gives you a reason to play better. I'm finally going to purchase a third 360 controller just for this game. :)

As for Bastion, there is no comparison to playing it with a 360 controller verses a keyboard. Feels so good to play now. But controls aside, Bastion is shaping up to be a really nice action RPG. It's kinda light on plot (so far at least), but everything else more than makes up for it - especially the game's approach to narration. I've only beaten three core-collecting stages and two of the weapon practice levels thus far (got my first place prize for the arrow shooting ♥), but I can already tell that I'm going to enjoy playing through Bastion.

Currently playing: Rusty Hearts, for the PC. This game has become an obsession with my friends, so I downloaded it and am now too running through dungeons and hitting things c:

Also, Ragnarok Online, because I've gotten the people from my Pokemon tabletop campaign to join me on a private server (RebirthRO). Actually, one of them started to play iRO and got to level ten after three hours of playing. That's just a silly amount of grinding.

Plus the usual cavalcade of Sims 3 and Minecraft.

So, MMO go time~

Currently: Pokemon Ruby recently got the game again so I have to play through it again...
Super ScribbleNauts Its so addicting.... I've beaten the main quests so I'm working on the bonus ones.
Super Mario Sunshine I'm actually having alot of fun with this game. Just need to get more stupid sprites..

Eventually: Skyrim Everyone seems to be wanting me to play it. So after a few other games. [/i] Sapphire and Emerald[/i] I suppose I'll start playing.
Sims 3 I have it, and I play it once in a blue moon.
Infinite Undiscovery and I suppose Fable 2

Soul Calibur 5.

Amazing game. They cut down on the single player content but the multiplayer is the best its ever been.

Great character creator too.
Check out The King:
http://h9.abload.de/img/soulcalibur_1h2yhq.png

And the Afro Samurai:
http://h11.abload.de/img/soulcaliburiojia.png
Kinda looks like Samuel L Jackson.
This is a good thing.

Its pretty cool that the PS3 allows you to take screenshots from that game.
Why isnt that an option for all the games always?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Fumanshu said:
Its pretty cool that the PS3 allows you to take screenshots from that game.
Why isnt that an option for all the games always?

I guess it's not really something that enough people care about to make it a standard option across all games. It would certainly be nice seeing such an option utilized more often, tho.

Anyways, I've been waiting to play this game since the PS2 era and now I've finally gotten my hands on Tales of the Abyss for 3DS. As a long time fan of the Tales of series, it's a really nice treat to be able to play this game on a handheld with graphics as good as the PS2 original (if not slightly better). The slide pad makes controlling the game easy and battling feels great.

However, I have one gripe with the port to 3DS. While the 3D adds depth, it doesn't really add much more. The game actually looks more blurry when the 3D is turned on. Many 3DS games have utilized the 3D quite well, but this port isn't one of 'em. A shame, too, because some of its environments are really gorgeous.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Sonic Colours Wii. Failed to beat it when we first got it, my brother has now given up trying so it's all mine. Yay! xD

Sonic Colours is probably the only sonic game I've enjoyed in the last three years or so, really good.

And Katie, I wanna know more about Tales of the Abyss later. Been looking at it for awhile and not sure if I should go for it or not.

I pretty much spent yesterday switching between Super Mario 3D Land, which I just bought, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, and Secret of Mana, an old favorite of mine.

Demelza said:
And Katie, I wanna know more about Tales of the Abyss later. Been looking at it for awhile and not sure if I should go for it or not.

I'm not who you asked, but I can tell you a little about it.

In case you don't know, the most defining characteristic of the Tales Of series is it real-time battle system, which combines RPG and fighting games elements. Basically, if you like action-RPGs in general, this is probably up your alley. Also, more than one player can participate in battles, in case you have any friends who might enjoy enjoy this as well.

As in most of the Tales Of games, the characters are fun and memorable. The game itself is aware of this, as there are several optional "skit" scenes, which show conversations among the party members, showing how they play off each-other. However, the main character, Luke, seems to be a hit-or-miss with people, because of his personality, both early and later in the game, but regardless, the rest of the cast makes up for it.

As for story, I don't have a problem with it, but be prepared to keep track of several technical terms that pop up throughout. That's all I gotta say there.

Overall, I'd say it's one of the better games in the Tales Of series, and if anything I said managed to appeal to you, it's probably worth the purchase.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Left4Dead2 ♥

I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed the hunt, oh yes. Thoroughly enjoyed unlocking the chainsaw achievement again, to the sound of manic laughter :)

Probably should be concerned about myself really, but 'tis too much fun~

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
JadaStark2015 said:
Infinite Undiscovery and I suppose Fable 2

Over a month late, but did you start playing Infinite Undiscovery yet? No one else I know has played it!

I'm currently paying Mass Effect 3 and Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Valin said:
Overall, I'd say it's one of the better games in the Tales Of series, and if anything I said managed to appeal to you, it's probably worth the purchase.

It's definitely one of the better games in the series, but of the Tales games released in North America I'd rank it lower than Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Symphonia both plot-wise and character-wise. It's still definitely worth playing if you're a fan of the series or enjoy lengthy JRPGs with action-based battle systems, and it's one of my top favourite games currently available on 3DS.

As for what I'm playing now... I've put Tales of the Abyss on hold while I play through Pokemon HeartGold for the second time (it's all Demelza's fault ;_; ), and I've also recently played some Kid Icarus: Uprising. HeartGold is definitely taking up the majority of my gaming time, but I'd like to get back to Tales of the Abyss before I forget what I was doing. >> Might do so over the long weekend!