• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What are you playing?

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Having finished Tomb Raider 100% on my first playthrough I have now moved onto the masterpiece that is Bioshock Infinite.

It. Is. Amazing. I don't know why they bothered putting the ability to run into it, since you'd never want to run past anything when it's so well designed and so beautiful. Near the start there were three/four dudes singing a fantastic love song and I just stayed and listened because it was so lovely ♥

The only thing I could possibly criticise is the save system, since it's all checkpoint based and you can't save manually between autosaves.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I wanted a change of pace tonight so I finally played through Journey. Trying to decide whether it was a game or an interactive piece of art. Either way, it was short but so damn sweet, and the final area was downright gorgeous. ♥

When it comes to Gaming I'm still fairly new but recently I have finished Metal Gear Rising and am currently taking on Resident Evil 6 and quite frankly the game is winning this match up.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I downloaded the Rayman Legends: Wii U Challenge App this past Thursday and have been playing it daily ever since (at least half an hour a day). Considering that it was a free download they've done quite a nice job with it. The online leader boards give you a bundle of different ways to compare your play stats with friends/your country/everyone and there are new challenges daily and weekly. They've even included unlockables in the form of character skins (depending on how many total lums you've collected) and additional daily/weekly challenge levels (depending on your "Awesomeness" rank). Best of all, off-TV play is supported.

It's good stuff for a free download, so anyone who actually owns a Wii U should definitely check it out. :)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Having completed Bioshock Infinite I've decided to take a trip down memory lane and play the original. So far so good, although I'd forgotten how jumpy the first game is in terms of atmosphere. The enemies (Splicers) make you jump so much more than any of the foes in Infinite do xD

But yeah, really enjoying it so far :)

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Linkachu said:
I wanted a change of pace tonight so I finally played through Journey. Trying to decide whether it was a game or an interactive piece of art. Either way, it was short but so damn sweet, and the final area was downright gorgeous. ♥
You should mail me your PS3 so I can play it. :x Like, that is the game on top of my "Must Play" list. Above anything else. I is jealous.

I've been playing a lot of League of Legends still, as well as playing some Link to the Past. Nothing new, but Link to the Past is still one of my favorite games of all time. I am beyond excited for the sequel-ish game to come out.

I'm in a similar boat as Red. My free time is currently torn between Fire Emblem: Awakening(for which I have developed extreme alt-itis) and League of Legends.

I've been playing(and have beaten) both ZombiU again(on my friend's WiiU, I don't have my own) and Final Fantasy(NES). I finally got to see the ending of that, defeat Chaos, and so on and so forth. Which is surprising, but I usually lose interest for a while, and then come back to it and start a new game; I'd never gotten to Chaos and battled him before; however, he wasn't a very challenging final boss. Only my Black Wizard died, and the rest had relatively good health, and I didn't cast any Cure spells that battle. It was just White Wizard using Wall on my Knight, then punches from my Master and slashing with Xcalibur and Masamune(plus a few Black Magic spells from BW before he died) and I beat him.

Currently Attempting to Finish:
Amnesia, The Dark Descent
Rune Factory, Tides of Destiny
Harvest Moon- A New Beginning
BlazBlue: Continum Shift ((TERUMI! *shakes fist*))
Final Fantasy Tactics
Skyrim
and Cooking Mama.

Wanting To Play:
Pokemon X/Y
Rune Factory 4
and Black and White ((Not the pokemon game, the game where you're a deity))

Replaying:
Super Smash Bros.
Kid Icarus Uprising
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Pokemon HeartGold
and Pokemon Leaf Green

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Recently beat the main story of Pokemon Black 2 and have been playing through all of the post-game stuff. I'd originally planned to put it down after wrapping up the story and unlocking Challenge Mode but that hasn't happened yet and, at the rate I'm going, doesn't look to be happening anytime soon. ;x

In other news... Playing Kirby Super Star on my Wii U. Regardless of how many times I play through it I doubt I'll ever tire of this game. ♥

Fire Emblem: Awakening has been pretty solidly ruining my life. I'm thinking about starting a second game so that I can min-max characters and their abilities. I've been trying to play through Black 2 but my attention has been divided.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
For no real reason, I've started a run of Tales of the Abyss.

Five hours into the game and I already question why did I do this to myself.

Ragnarok Online 2.

Do you like grinding for hours on end? Do you like a storyline that is filled with badly translated Korean? Do you love the word "Freyjanites", pronounced with a hard j? Do you wish to see a character that should all means not be there due to the timeline, but has been explained away as a reincarnation of the original? Then look no further!

Return to the familiar world of Rune-Midgarts, filled with all the enemies and recolors of enemies that you fell in love with the first time around!

Find the quests associated with the slaughter of every creature on the map!
Rest assured, if it moves and breathes, it has a grind quest to kill it for some barely explained reason! I repeat, there is no creature that is simply there "for the fun of it" or "to make the world make biological sense". Those are reasons for weaklings and quitters.

Become annoyed at constant loot bugs and terribly low drop rates!
Hope you like killing that boss, because you'll have to do it twenty times over to get one piece of vendor trash.

All of this and much, much more grinding await you in RO2.

...but it does have Eremes Guile reincarnated as an important NPC, so I'm so in

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I'm currently somewhere in between Pokemon White 2, Phoenix Wright and Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. Depending on my mood when I go to bed, I'll play one of the above before sleeping, though playing White 2 tends to keep me up even longer since I'm doing a lot of EV training currently and don't want to lose track of it.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Been playing a lot of games the last month or so.

Most of my time has been spent on Fire Emblem: Awakening, which I finally completed about a week ago. It really is one of the best 3DS games around at the moment (and will likely always be remembered as one of the consoles best games), it offered a good challenge and kept me interested enough to keep going with it even when I was losing most of my battles.

I've also been playing a mix of Pokémon Snap and Donkey Kong Country Returns: 3D and have enjoyed both hugely. Hoping to make Donkey Kong last until June when I pick up Animal Crossing New Leaf. :)

Dragon Ball Z: Legacy of Goku II, in which I obtained all of the character statues for the first time, to discover I get to play as Hercule and level him up to Level 50 just to see what's behind his character gate. He's not a great character to train; his stats are so much weaker than the other characters, so he has a much harder time killing enemies. The only thing that makes it possible is his sole energy attack, so I'm thankful for that.

Also, I'm playing Pokemon Leafgreen for the first time ever, exploring the Kanto region for the first time on GBA. My team at this point is Wartortle, Pidgeotto, Primeape, Parasect, Pikachu, and Nidorino, and I'm heading to the Celadon Gym to get my fourth badge.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I started playing Gates to Infinity yesterday and I'm not sure if I'm enjoying it or not. The 3D graphics are amazing and it's nice to see the Pokemon and all, but I'm finding all the story a bit tedious so far. It's pretty similar to the previous Mystery Dungeon game at its core and I'm just finding myself mashing A most of the time to get past the mind-numbingly basic and over-explaining conversations between the characters. I'd say the mechanics have improved since the last Mystery Dungeon though, and as I've always said the 3D graphics are pretty amazing to look at as you explore the dungeons. I'll persevere with it and see if it changes my opinion~

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Still playing large amounts of League of Legends. I also bought and beat Gunpoint which is an awesome game and I've already started another playthrough of it. I would highly recommend it to anybody. When I am killing time I will generally pull it up and play a mission or two now.

I'm presently deciding what game to get for vacation, as we will be driving 16-ish hours up to Boston in a few weeks. Obviously either a DS or 3DS game, but I cannot for the life of me decide what. Possible Luigi's Mansion? Or get Phoenix Wright game finally? :B

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Currently playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Haven't touched anything else in days and likely won't for awhile at this rate. Very thoroughly addicted, just as I figured I'd be. It's nice having another handheld Animal Crossing game. ♥

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I lost interest in Gates to Infinity pretty quickly, sad to say. I was finding the storyline very annoying, despite how amazing all the 3D stuff looked and how nice the dungeons were visually. And so I've been playing Far Cry 3 instead and I'm thoroughly enjoying it~

Also still trying to master League of Legends. Still loving Quinn ♥ but just started trying out Nidalee too. Egyptian kitty for the win 8)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Double post of bumpage!

So, downloaded State of Decay from the Xbox Live Arcade and it's an amazing, yet brutal game. It autosaves constantly as your only way of saving... and if a character dies they are dead. Just dead. And that's that. Considering that you're trying to bunch together a group of survivors in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, and every person you have counts, losing even one of them can be a harsh blow. The more you use a certain member of your team, the stronger they become so losing a well-played character is just plain mean, you do get quite attached to them.

I'm on my second attempt, as three or so days into my first playthrough I lost three characters due to a series of very unfortunate events and I didn't want to lose one of those characters (personal attachment!). My second attempt is going much better so far, with a nice safe zone set up and supply chains plentiful :D

Great game, I'd recommend it!

What am I playing? Such a question does not have a simple answer, not in my case. At the moment, I'm playing:
  • Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (Case 4)
  • Cave Story (or rather, a mod of it)
  • Terraria
  • OpenLieroX
  • Little Fighter 2

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Now a happy owner of Diablo III for the Xbox. It's so pretty :') Me and @King of Lucario enjoyed a good run through the first Act as a pair of Wizards and it was super fun! I do recommend it for anyone who maybe didn't get it for PC/Mac, or even those that did. It plays so nicely on a console :)

Atma

Formerly Karu
About to go on holiday, I intend to work through my GBA/DS/Vita backlog! I will be playing for the next two weeks...

• Yoshi's Island (GBA)
  • Metroid Fusion (GBA)
  • Final Fantasy II (PSP port on Vita)
  • Breath of Fire (GBA)
  • Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS)
  • Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 (GBA)
  • Pokemon Sapphire (Yay Nuzlocke!)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Welp, I seem to have tripped into another session of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - this time with Nuska's Oblivion Character Overhaul mod to make the characters look less god damn terrifying.

Another difference, however, lies with my playing style this time. My last run-through of Oblivion was with a Breton Summoner named Amelie Lothaire, who fought alongside her summoned beasts using (almost exclusively) swords and was generally a good-aligned character. I still love her to bits, but playing a good-aligned character means I had to forgo a whole number of quest-lines that are more appropriate for more nefarious characters - and having gotten rather close to maxing out Amelie's potential (with only Personality and Luck under 100 at level 27!) I felt it was time for a new character.

Enter Shades-In-Motion, an Argonian Nightwalker with rather gray morality. He's slated to be a stealthy rogue-type who will run through the Thieves' Guild quests (and possibly the Dark Brotherhood quests if I'm feeling that murderous - I might start off that quest-line but abandon it later) as well as the more nefarious Daedric quests - not because he's particularily, but mostly because he is a bit of a showoff and loves to see what sort of incredible shit he can get away with. He favors the bow, but will use any weapon he can find should he need to improvise. I'm actually trying to avoid the main quest with him, considering his story as running parallel with that of Amelie's. But who knows, I may have to at least partially initiate the blasted thing if only to acquire sigil stones for Chameleon Suit purposes...

I've finally beaten the main story for Pokemon Black 2. The only reason it took so long was that I ignored the game for a while, choosing to play other games. Then, last weekend, I finally decided to sit down, finish the main story, and get Black Kyurem before X & Y come out. Mission accomplished :)

Also playing The Last of Us. The coolest thing about this game, in my opinion, is that the main character, Joel, isn't exactly a good guy. But he's not a bad guy either; he's a survivor. This pretty much means that murder, torture, and cannibalism are commonplace in this game, and that even though a person might just be trying to protect a group, you have to kill them anyway, to survive. Often, you can have companions along with you and Ellie, although they don't stick around forever. They could be separated from you for a variety of reasons. This, among other reasons, is why I love this game.

Also, the clickers are so horribly wonderful! They unnerve me, so when one detects me my facial expression is :-O

Good job on them, Naughty Dog. *claps*

Currently, I'm playing Dissidia 012, Saints Row IV and Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. I've just recently completed the Jak and Daxter trilogy for the umpteenth time.

Dissidia's a game I see myself playing for a loooong time, if only just to hit level 100 with every character (so far I've only hit 100 with Warrior of Light, Onion Knight, Cecil, Bartz and Cloud). Currently I'm working on leveling Lightning and Tidus.

Saints Row IV...Oh boy, what can I say about this game. Crazy? Maybe. Funny? Probably. The best thing ever? Yes. There's just something about jumping from the top of a skyscraper, super-stomping the ground, and wreaking havoc with a Dubstep gun that makes me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.

KH3D is one that I'm close to being done with. Freakin' Julius is sooo hard to beat as Sora. I found it 10x easier as Riku.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I basically played Animal Crossing New Leaf all summer and logged around 200 hours on it but, more recently, I've been playing Pokemon Black 2 again to finally finish off my Pokedex.

Due to my Animal Crossing obsession I kinda neglected all of my other video games throughout July/August but I did start playing EarthBound on the Wii U virtual console. I'm hoping to get back to it (and finally start my copy of Rayman Legends) as soon as I finish off more of my Pokedex. :)

Picked up my Pokemon Emerald Nuzlocke again, after a long break. Time to get level-grinding for Flannery's Gym! I'm gonna get high enough leveled to flatten her >:D

Also playing New Super Mario Bros. 2. It's pretty cool thus far, I love all the coin stuff. Being Golden Fire Mario feels so godlike, except you don't have invincibility...which I'm actually glad for, so it's not too overpowered. Now, the White Racoon Mario is, although it's a nice touch when you're stuck. I really like the coin counter, although the goal is to reach 1,000,000 coins. I only have a little over 6,000 coins, that'll take forever :o

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I've been playing a lot of White 2, having been working towards completing my Pokédex, and I've also been slowly working my way through Splinter Cell: Blacklist, which is actually a surprisingly competent stealth-'em-up, given that Conviction was basically just a smash-people-into-mirrors simulator. I fall into the same trap I always do in stealth games, though, in that I always end up trying to go non-lethal and undetected, which in this game on Realistic (third out of four difficulty settings) is quite hard and very time-consuming. The mission-based structure means I can go back and play through the missions again any way I like, though, which is good.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Still smashing through Diablo III, Hell mode is defeated and now Inferno mode awaits. It shall suffer the same fate as its predecessors~

Now that I've been playing it a bit longer I have to say that I really do find it a huge improvement gameplay-wise over the PC version. The menu system took a bit of getting used to at first, since the console version of it is far more intricate than the 'just click' system the PC version had, but I like it now that I'm used to it. Alongside my main Wizard character, I'm also doing a solo Hardcore run in an attempt to get a character to level 30 for the Xbox Achievement. My Witch Doctor is currently level 23 so seven nail-biting levels to gain (Hardcore mode means death is permanent and I'll have to start over if she dies).

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Bumping because I can~
2013-09-25 22.37.14.jpg
Me and @King of Lucario with some pretty bass-ass looking Diablo Characters. And my lovely banner there. I completed the game on Hardcore too with my other character, which I'm pretty pleased about :)

I'm also now playing Pikmin 3 and I love it. All the Pikmin shall be mine ♥

Although every time one dies I die a little inside too </3

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
It was never a question of "if" really. Only a question of "when."

Daikatana_zpsdd0e07d1.png

So far it's been every bit as bad as its reputation suggests.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Mostly been poking around the post-game content of Pokemon Y but I also revisited Scribblenauts Unlimited (Wii U version) a few days ago in an attempt to fiiiiinally finish it off. Still have a bit left to do but almost there now! :)

Working on that Pokemon Emerald Nuzlocke, might update on that soon. I'm training for the seventh gym currently. Then, I might actually finish LeafGreen, seeing as I've only gotten halfway through :o

Also, I will be continuing a file in Final Fantasy III (DS). Hello level grinding @.@

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
With my Xbox One I got Ryse: Son of Rome and Dead Rising 3 so I've tried both of them now. Dead Rising 3 is just made of win for me. All you do is kill horde upon horde of undead with pretty much any weapon combo you can think of. What's not to like? It did make me jump terribly about five minutes in, which I did not appreciate! xD

Ryse is interesting and getting chained hits is pretty fun to do, but so far I feel Dead Rising will be more enjoyable for me. Both great launch titles though, they'll keep me happy until Destiny and Titanfall :)

i just decided to play through all the mario's that there ever was! it's a huge task to finish but i am already 5 games up! + i decided to play some random games from my shelf again and i hitted the one and only masterpiece : bioshock ! :) so now i am playing all of the bioshock's and mario's again!

and i decided to test the BF4 and call of duty ghosts.

so far liking the battlefield more, and i also decided to play pokemon leaf green and emerald again.