• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What is something you like that everybody else seems to hate?

The title is pretty self-explanatory, what is something that you like that is generally hated by everyone else? It can be anything at all; a TV show, a game, a song, a certain fandom, species of animal etc.
I can't wait to read your replies :)

PS: I hope I'm putting this in the right section!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I adore getting anchovies on pizza whenever the topping option is available! They're just salty and awesome and I love them, but very few of my friends share this love of mine... XD

(I also really like green olives on pizza, but anchovies receive less love. </3)

Umm. I love black olives, on there own or on pizza. I like mushrooms on pizza too. But everyone seems to hate Hawaiian pizza...but I love it.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I'm with @Shauna23 about Hawaiian pizza; it's one of the best things ever :'D

I also love spinach, which seems to be one of the universally hated vegetables for whatever reason (along with broccoli I think)

I don't get all the spinach hate either - its pretty cool really.

I think Trubbish is adorable, in a 'so ugly its cute' kinda way, like Pugs. I can kinda understand where people are coming from with Garbodor as its not the nicest thing to look at, but its still way more interesting than Muk. Similar thing with Stunfisk - its so derpy it becomes awesome. Hell, just Gen 5 Pokemon in general.

I know a lot of people bash Final Fantasy XII and XIII but I liked both of them. They aren't my favorites by any means but I did enjoy them.

I also rarely add any new clothing/hair styles in any Sims games I play. I don't know why but I like keeping my sims kind of... corny instead of adding in things that (to me) feel rather out of place.

I'm interested in military aviation , especially World War 2. I can be quite the smartass on that subject if I want. People around me thus consider me a weirdo and no-lifer.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
All too easy: Spiders.

More than half (WAY more than half) of the people I know are either scared of them or disgusted by them, but they are my favourite animal, and I'm glad to keep quite a few of them in my house (not as pets though, they're free to roam as they please.)

I also love spinach, which seems to be one of the universally hated vegetables for whatever reason (along with broccoli I think)

I'm also a spinach and a broccoli-lover. All hail Popeye the Sailor Man.

I used to hate all green vegetables but the real issue is how they're prepared (plus I think my tastes have gotten less acute as I've gotten older, I don't mind bitter things as much). A lot of vegetables are really good sauteed or roasted.

All too easy: Spiders.
More than half (WAY more than half) of the people I know are either scared of them or disgusted by them, but they are my favourite animal, and I'm glad to keep quite a few of them in my house (not as pets though, they're free to roam as they please.)

Spides! Yeah, the fear of arthropods is learned and can be very performative. I used to enjoy humorous and facetious BURN THE HOUSE DOWN image macros about people finding bugs in their homes until I saw it lead to people making image albums of themselves violently destroying spiders in the wild and expecting praise. I've also found that random yellowjackets leave me alone if I don't flip out, so there's a bonus.

Spides! Yeah, the fear of arthropods is learned and can be very performative. I used to enjoy humorous and facetious BURN THE HOUSE DOWN image macros about people finding bugs in their homes until I saw it lead to people making image albums of themselves violently destroying spiders in the wild and expecting praise. I've also found that random yellowjackets leave me alone if I don't flip out, so there's a bonus.

I'm terrified of anything that moves, mostly.
Bug on the floor? Where's Poco? ...Oh, they're in the closet.
Dust moving in a bug like manner? Whoopsies, Poco just broke their neck running down the stairs to the door.

NICKELBACK OH MY GOD I HAD TICKETS TO GO TO ONE OF THEIR CONCERTS THIS MONTH BUT IT GOT CANCELLED AND MY SISTER WAS ALL LIKE "I DON'T KNOW WHY IT GOT CANCELED BUT PROBABLY BECAUSE THEY REALIZED EVERYONE HATES THEM."

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Oh I have another thing for this list: homework and school.

It might be stupid and tedious but it was something for me to do that kept me from, say, interacting with or talking to my parents. I'd often stay after school for no reason other then to avoid going home. I guess it was like my safe-haven (work became a similar sort of thing for me)

I just recently tried sardines and I actually like them! I don't see what all the fuss is about concerning them they just taste like any other fish. except for catfish it tastes different but damn it's good!

When I first saw this, I immediately exclaimed; "Silent Hill 4!"

Because, honestly, everyone I had spoken to about that game really hated it. While with me, it was the best in the Silent Hill series, I'd say. The plot was absolutely amazing, and I loved the fact that you got to dive into the twisted mind of a serial killer.

Though, I also really like Nate River(Near) from Death Note. I know that a lot of people aren't particularly fond of him, but I see his incredibly cold and analytical nature as something to be admired. I won't deny that L was an amazing detective, but Near was a better critical thinker.

Because, honestly, everyone I had spoken to about that game really hated it. While with me, it was the best in the Silent Hill series, I'd say. The plot was absolutely amazing, and I loved the fact that you got to dive into the twisted mind of a serial killer.

Though, I also really like Nate River(Near) from Death Note. I know that a lot of people aren't particularly fond of him, but I see his incredibly cold and analytical nature as something to be admired. I won't deny that L was an amazing detective, but Near was a better critical thinker.
Wait...people hated Silent Hill 4? I had no clue!

I don't get all the spinach hate either - its pretty cool really.

I think Trubbish is adorable, in a 'so ugly its cute' kinda way, like Pugs. I can kinda understand where people are coming from with Garbodor as its not the nicest thing to look at, but its still way more interesting than Muk. Similar thing with Stunfisk - its so derpy it becomes awesome. Hell, just Gen 5 Pokemon in general.
Same! I love trubbish it's sooo cuuuute! Not stunfisk though in black and white he was the Bain of my existence!

SILLENT HILL 4!!! I REALLY LOVE THIS GAME!! THE STORY IT'S SUCH IMPRESIVE :love::love:

Maths.

I dunno why, there's something about solving math problems that calms me down and i enjoy them. I'm also pretty good at it, so

Another one would be Pokemon.
Though, I recently befriended a guy that likes both Pokemon and Legend of Zelda almost as muh as me (though he is an OoT stan, while I prefer LttP haha). It took us 8 years to talk, but now that we did, I found a new best friend, aye.

And Onision.... the dude is amazing, dont hate on him for telling the truth, gosh.

Oh, and Larry. I stopped liking 1D that much a while ago, but the Larry craze stayed. It's not a craze anymore, though, I just ship it. And the anti-larries seem to hate us a lot, what, why, what did we do wrong? It's not out fault they "drifted apart"....

It was Modest!'s fault.

kbai

I love Spinach and Broccoli. It seems to be universally hated just because they happen to be green vegatables, i don't know, but I have always like these to vegetables since I was little!

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
I kind of don't want to start an argument
but people hate when I say I'm actually okay with the Avatar the last Airbender Live action move
and the Dragonball z Live action movie.
I'm not saying I hated it and I'm not saying I loved it, I'm just okay with it, Look at it from a non-fan perspective.
I'll explain my reasoning if anyone wants to really know haha

For me has to be Blue Cheese - I love it on just about every dish that has to have cheese on it such as sandwiches, hot dogs, pizza, hamburgers, lasagna, I love it on salads not just the dressing but I add large chunks of blue cheese to them, I even eat it alone straight out of it's container or wrapper!

I feel like nowadays I'm the only person that likes Frozen. Everyone else is saying it sucks and it's overrated. And another is this game called Kane and Lynch (the first one at least. The sequel is just terrible). A lot of people hate it, but I actually like. Sure the gameplay is not that good admittedly. But the story and characters are what kept me invested in it.

Last edited:
I love the movie Eight Crazy Nights starring Adam Sandler. The movie has gotten mediocre reviews at best, and all around it's either hated or just not known of. I find it hilarious! It's me and my brother's favourite Christmas time movie to watch together, actually. >_<

A few unloved pokemon I like are Delibird, Jynx, Vanilluxe, and Flareon. There's more that I'll list some other time, however.

And I know this is a bit specific, but I like the male wizard from Diablo 3. Seriously, there is so much hate for this guy it seems nigh unavoidable!

Movies I enjoyed or didn't hate, yet are not generally loved by the public:
Spiderman 3
X-men the Last Stand
Grown Ups (the second one is borderline awful though)
Star Wars episode III
Chronicle
And while I don't consider this good by any means, I didn't hate it...Battle Royale II

For Pokemon I like but most say otherwise:
Flareon
Vanillish line
Trubbish
Stunfisk
Probopass
And Tepig line

Final Fantasy XIII. It does not measure up to some other games in the series, but this game deserves a lot more credit than it gets. A lot of creative thought went into FFXIII and I respect them for trying their hand at something a little different, that being basically a cinematic RPG. For my part, I got my fair amount of enjoyment in seeing it to its end.

Also, burnt food. I don't go around munching things burnt to charcoal but I will eat and have eaten overcooked food that others would instantly discard. I don't mind things a little blackened and crispy, sometimes I think it even adds to flavour.