• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What Is Your Most Disappointing Moment In Pokemon?

What moment of your history with Pokemon was the most disappointing? It could be a whole game, it could be a story segment, it could be anything.
For me, it's Pokemon Let's Go! Pikachu and Eevee. Sorry to those who like this game, but I really cannot enjoy it. So many parts of it just frustrate me.

What about you?

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I think my greatest disappointment is what also holds ORAS back from being my favorite Pokemon game of all time and that is the lack of the Hoenn Battle Frontier in the remake. I enjoyed the new characterization for Aqua, Magma, and Wally, the addition of the Delta Episode, and other minor features added to the games but lacking the Battle Frontier was a slap in the face.

Bolero

Previously Boleroofnoodles
National Dex Cut so far, but when Z-Move don't appears in Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee I have a heavy disappointment.

GamerGarchomp

Previously RaptorPack21
What moment of your history with Pokemon was the most disappointing? It could be a whole game, it could be a story segment, it could be anything.
For me, it's Pokemon Let's Go! Pikachu and Eevee. Sorry to those who like this game, but I really cannot enjoy it. So many parts of it just frustrate me.

What about you?
i know team rockets meowth didnt even talk that was so horrible

I think my greatest disappointment is what also holds ORAS back from being my favorite Pokemon game of all time and that is the lack of the Hoenn Battle Frontier in the remake. I enjoyed the new characterization for Aqua, Magma, and Wally, the addition of the Delta Episode, and other minor features added to the games but lacking the Battle Frontier was a slap in the face.

Oh my god, yes!
I hated that they got rid of the battle frontier in ORAS, I was looking forward to that the most!
Also, the battle tents in a few towns...they changed it so that they are all the same :c

Also Pokemon SWSH, with the lack of national dex, and the limited transfer from the previous gen :'c

GamerGarchomp

Previously RaptorPack21
Oh my god, yes!
I hated that they got rid of the battle frontier in ORAS, I was looking forward to that the most!
Also, the battle tents in a few towns...they changed it so that they are all the same :c

Also Pokemon SWSH, with the lack of national dex, and the limited transfer from the previous gen :'c
They said the lack of national dex was because they didnt have enough models for all of the pokemon, but they already had all the models they just needed to get rid of the lines. im so mad that my boy garchomp didnt make it in

GamerGarchomp

Previously RaptorPack21

What about you?
i just wanted to ask how you got those spoilers on that can you tell me ive tried doing it but i cant figure it out

They said the lack of national dex was because they didnt have enough models for all of the pokemon, but they already had all the models they just needed to get rid of the lines. im so mad that my boy garchomp didnt make it in
oh man, yeah they could have just tweaked it a tiny bit since they've been reusing the sprites anyways recently :'c
Garchomp is awesome! c:

The silvally glitch. In Pokémon sun and moon and Pokémon sword and sheild. Silvally would be able to learn randomly at any time grass pledge, water pledge and fire pledge but a glitch in silvallys programming caused silavally to only learn grass pledge and they still didn’t fix the glitch.

BDSP for me. I'm sorry, but it was pretty much a carbon copy of the original Diamond & Pearl. It didn't offer a new experience to the Sinnoh region like other remakes did, and the very few it did was in the Grand Underground and post-game. Then there is poor game design, such as not enough influence from Platinum and inability to get some Sinnoh Pokémon during the main story either because their evolution items aren't available until post-game or the Pokémon themselves aren't available until post-game.

The last bit urks me more as I was one of those people who had to jump through hoops just to use a Sinnoh Pokémon in a Sinnoh playthrough, adding on to the amount of people I've seen during the lead up to these games that were keen to use Pokémon like Gliscor or Rotom on their teams.

Apologies for the small rant there, but overall, these games are fine for people who have never played through Sinnoh. But I think it's fair to say that Platinum still offers the better Sinnoh experience.

Diantha battle in Pokemon X. I knew the Mega Lucario we got was busted but I thought the programmers had thought of that, instead they gave her two rock types and her ace a fairy type. Lucario just rolled over them :/

What about you?
For sure Let's Go, I can't express that enough, the only pokemon game I actually disliked.

Another thing is uh, the fanbase a lot of the time... so negative of gen 8, while it's one of my favorites.

Probably the Piers cutscene from Pokemon Sword and Shield. Really GameFreak? You could add the sound effects for Piers' foot tapping against the ground, feedback from the speakers, and the cheering people, but can't have him singing?!

This

equals this

For sure Scarlet and Violet. Like, WHAT. The graphics look like one of those knockoff lego sets and the performance is terrible.
The elite four, the gym challenge, and everything in between was so disappointing.
Hopefully the next game will be better, though if its worse they need to fire somebody at gamefreak.