• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What Pokémon do you think needs a Mega Evolution?

Arbok needs a Mega evolution because it is great in Gen 1 battles but too fragile in other battles. As for stats it can get a bit of an attack boost but the major stat boosts will be s.defence and speed (possibly becoming 1 of the top 10 fastest Pokemons). As for an ability, maybe multiscale?

Ambipom
I only chose Ambipom because
1.) Ambipom is one of my favorite pokemon and
2.) I think it could use a boost in stats
I can't really think of a good design for the mega though.

I would Enjoy a mega evolution for Froslass, both of her counterparts got one I mean Glaile is the other Evolutionary possibility in that line and got one, why not Froslass? And if Glaile getting a mega wasn't bad enough Gallade also has access to a mega form now and being the other pokemon who requires a Dawn stone that fairs bad for Froslass.

If Froslass were to get a Mega I'd Say just beef up her Special Attack and Speed, giving her a better move pool would be a wise move as well. As for her design I'd say lengthen her Kimono an enlarge the bow, maybe Ribbons flowing from it?

Shuckle, being the most powerful Pokemon, needs a Mega-Evolution. It would be far more powerful. Although the circumstances would be nearly impossible, a level 100 Shuckle can potentially deal the most damage in one single attack through the use of numerous stat boosters, by using Helping Hand, Metronome held item, Power Trick, a Skill Swap to Huge Power or Pure Power, and the Defense Curl/Rollout combo. On the 5th impact of Rollout, if used against a level 1 Ledyba or Yanma that have been hit with negative Defense modifiers (such as Screech), it can deal over 315,000,000 damage. Imagine a Mega-Evolution!

Admin edit: Please do not post other people's art, especially unsourced.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do believe I have already posted on this thread, but it's time for some edits to my list.

Espeon+Umbreon (specifically- but other Eeveeloutions too)- I love Espeon, and what would Espeon be without Umbreon? They're way to weak despite their popularity. With the recent announcements of Pokemon Sun and Moon, though I highly doubt this will happen, Espeon and Umbreon are perfect candidates for the mascot slot. Now I know that Lunatone and Solrock are a much more likely choice- but that's only for Pokemon we know. Maybe we'll have Sunmon and Lunemon be the mascots. (Made up names because reasons.)

Zebstrika- Much like my explaination for Rapidash. I want a Pegasus Pokemon and I want it now. Come on Game Freak! The horse lovers over here aren't feeling the love! There are 20 million dog Pokemon but all you give us horse lovers is 5.... *goes grumbling off in a corner.*

Lilligant+ Whismicott- For some reason I love these two. I never got a chance to use Lilligant before, but I know Cottonee and Whismicott- especially prankster ones- can be a huge pain to defeat with status move priority. Tailwind, Toxic, followed by Leech Seed and a couple Mega Drains and were set. Lilligant on the other hand may be a little less useful, but I would still love to see it.

Staraptor and Shuckle- Staraptor I could totally imagine. Maybe give a boost to its attack and speed, plus an awesome new design and I'll be hooked. Shuckle, I have no clue what they would do about it, but it would be a defensive beast. So yeah.

Togekiss- This could be an amazingly dreadful Pokemon if used correctly. If you have Serene Grace, (assuming this won't change in the Mega) and high crit moves like Air Slash, along with higher speed... Flinches would be all over and it would be extremely hard to defeat.

Milotic- I don't know why this one didn't get a Mega in ORAS. Milotic is a hard Pokemon to obtain- go catch a Feebas and then evolve it with Max beauty- so I think it deserves a mega. Maybe give it a higher Special Attack stat? (I'm not quite sure about the whole stats thing, I don't really pay attention to those. >_<)

I'm all about the looks guys...all about the looks.

Last edited:
(Unless it's like glameow and purugly.)

Also I think Arcanine And Ninetails should get megas, as well as the ghost type added to Ninetails. Make it Purple and white with wisps coming off of it. Rcanine just needs more speed.

Dear celestia...im looking through the original posts and the fact that they covered some that exist just triggers my OCD but they did predate ORAS so ill let it go...any way i want a mega flygon...than again so does everyone else...on another note a mega mightyena would be cool...yeah...Give it the ability Prankster....bloody hell i want a freaking mega mightyena....

Wobbuffet 'cause WYNAUT (LOL LOL)

Mega Wobbuffet must have:

ability:shadow tag
Stats:Attack:109
Defense:230
Special attack:90
Special Defense:230
Speed:98

Shuckle, being the most powerful Pokemon, needs a Mega-Evolution. It would be far more powerful. Although the circumstances would be nearly impossible, a level 100 Shuckle can potentially deal the most damage in one single attack through the use of numerous stat boosters, by using Helping Hand, Metronome held item, Power Trick, a Skill Swap to Huge Power or Pure Power, and the Defense Curl/Rollout combo. On the 5th impact of Rollout, if used against a level 1 Ledyba or Yanma that have been hit with negative Defense modifiers (such as Screech), it can deal over 315,000,000 damage. Imagine a Mega-Evolution!

Admin edit: Please do not post other people's art, especially unsourced.
NOTE: Shuckle from emerald can actually deal over 600,000,000 damage, LoL, you will need a swampert as well though.

Well, there's a ton of pokémon that NEED a good boost like a mega. Luxray, Zangoose, Bellossom, Ninetales, Claydol, Golurk, Sandslash, Ludicolo, and Skuntank are just a few NU/PU-tier pokémon that would be interesting to see.

Perhaps they could also give Eevee a mega just for shits and giggles, maybe boost its BST by 200 instead of 100 to keep up with its evolutions a bit better.

I really do hope we see mega evolution expanded upon after Sun and Moon. I'm really not digging Z-moves especially in comparison to megas.