• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
Man, I just can't keep my grubby mitts away from this series. I understand people are busy, and so a complete RP reboot may not be in the cards, so I intend to actually make this RP a side project of mine, perhaps condense it into a short novella type side-project.

Would everyone here be okay with me using their characters and featuring them as the main cast for said project?

Of course, you, as the creator, will receive credit for each of your characters used, and please do advise me on how you'd like them to be portrayed, what direction their arcs should go in, etc.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Man, I just can't keep my grubby mitts away from this series. I understand people are busy, and so a complete RP reboot may not be in the cards, so I intend to actually make this RP a side project of mine, perhaps condense it into a short novella type side-project.

Would everyone here be okay with me using their characters and featuring them as the main cast for said project?

Of course, you, as the creator, will receive credit for each of your characters used, and please do advise me on how you'd like them to be portrayed, what direction their arcs should go in, etc.
Totally fine with you using my character

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62

Oh absolutely, go for it.

Banan-chan

Previously QueOne

Sure

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair

Of course, be a shame for something like this to go to waste. lmk if you need any help with it, loved this concept

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow

Definitely, go crazy, have fun! Both of my beans were a blast while the RP lasted, and I now bequeath them to you ^^

I'm ok with you using Daisuke. He should be a major antagonist at first then shift to the protagonists' side nearer to the end as a sort of anti-hero Blood Knight-esque character. That's how I planned him going.

(Mods have mercy!)

Hey y'all! I hope you've been enjoying [WON] so far. It's already been over half a year since we started!

I've loved writing it, and seeing the way you all interact with it, from Koru's S-tier Discord commentary to Gold always, and I mean always being the first to react to any new chapter, motivate me so much. You have no idea how the little things like your consistent reactions make me smile.

Anyway, enough of all the soft talk! I've come to talk about the ever important business of - you guessed it - character themes.

I think we've gotten to the point where the Main Cast are really starting to come into their own (for better or worse) and their ideals and motivations are starting to clash.

I won't reveal too much, but this is giving way to some really cool interactions and developments coming up, and these days I often find myself wondering 'What's the atmosphere/vibe of this scene? What kind of music would fit here?', and then finding suitable tracks to help me really capture the mood.

The more I did this, the more I realized I was starting to gear towards certain styles of music when certain characters were present. So I figured, why not give each character their own 'theme' or style that helps capture who they are and what they're going through?

And who best to give some more perspective on this than my readers, who also happen to be the creators of most of the cast?

Below you can find some sample themes I've suggested for each character with some comments. I want to hear your takes on each character. What were you originally going for when you made them? What type of music do you feel best suits them? TYPE TYPE TYPE!

We're Losing You - Takeharu Ishimoto

This one was a no-brainer, especially given where Liu's head is currently at. The harsh vocals, manic guitar and wild percussion all suit him like a glove, I feel. You can even interpret the lyrics as The Tainted screaming and begging his master to come back to his senses, which I thought was too cool of an opportunity to resist.

I have another style of music in mind for Liu, but revealing it now would probably be spoilery, so take what's here!

@DevVoid What are your thoughts bud?

Divine Bloodlines - Yasushi Asada

What do you fight for - NAOKI, Daisuke Ishiwatari

Arthur was one of tougher ones. The most common instrument that came to mind with Arthur was a violin, something elegant yet hiding a hidden strength and resolve, and I think Divine Bloodlines fits that image to a T.

As for the second theme, I felt the lyrics really apply to Arthur, as he's the kind of person to reflect on the world, his place in it, and what he's fighting for, especially in an environment as volatile as the HN.

@Void_Nugget -sama, your wisdom please!

Pull the Trigger - Atsushi Kitajoh, Shoji Meguro

Blinded By Light - Masashi Hamauzu

For Eiji, I went into it thinking something high-energy, rocky would work for someone like her. But as I thought more about her as a character, and her current headspace, I think something more heartfelt and sincere would actually work quite well with her too. The kind of heartfeltness that isn't afraid to bust some heads and get shit done, anyhow.

These themes kind of cross both territories. Pull the Trigger's lyrics and vibe really suit her, and I think Blinded By Light suits her wonderfully too (especially the title).

@Gold The Dragonite , whatcha feeling?

Ghirahim Medley - Mahito Yokata

The Master - Kotaro Nakagawa

Black Knights - Hiroki Shimizu

Easily the hardest one to figure out. Kinoko felt too complex for me try and pin him down to one mood, especially for reasons that will be revealed as the series goes on. There's just too much going on with this guy - every time I sit down and discover I'm writing a Kinoko chapter today, I'm equal parts excited and anxious because I never know what this dude's about to do!

But if there's one thing that comes across crystal-clear with Kinoko, it's his narcissism, arrogance, and visions of grandeur, which I think come across in this style of music with use of opera-like chants and vocals. Big Lelouch vibes, only slightly more selfish...?

@| Korutesu | , what kind of music do you feel would fit our mushroom manipulator?

Courage - Yugo Kanno

My orange son. In the few characterization moments he got, Akio proved himself as someone willing to put himself in harm's way for the sake of his friends and their wellbeing.

Even at the risk of his own life.

I think Koichi's theme/leitmotif with the quiet piano belying an inner core of determination and courage suits my man perfectly.

Icefield White Knight - Raito

HUGE cop-out as this theme belongs to an Under Night character who also has ice manipulation powers, but Raito nailed the exact tone I was looking for with Mizuko. Graceful, elegant, and dignified, with an unyielding resolve to protect that which she holds dear. I think the piano as an instrument suits her incredibly well.

What's your take, @Cmeriwether ?

Vega Stage - Yoko Shimomura

Kass' Theme - Yoko Shimomura

Alongside Liu, Miharu was probably the easiest to find a style for - I knew exactly what to look for. Something layered, sophisticated, yet beautiful, that presents her alter-ego of Red as some kind of marvellous spectacle to behold. The two instruments that came to mind were the violin and accordion (things that any Kingdom Hearts fan will tell you Ms. Shimomura excels at), represented by the samples I've gathered here.

Miharu is among the most unique, if not the most unique character in the Main Cast, and both of these tracks really sell that to me. I'm excited to see what she does from here.

@=Nightshade= What kind of vibe were you going for with Miharu and her alter-ego?

Theme of X-23 ~Destiny~ - Kyoko Fujii & Hideyuki Fukasawa

Run / Full Speed Ahead - Naoshi Mizuta

Junko was another tough one, as it took me a while to settle on what kind of vibe she's going for, but I think the two samples we have here work really well. X-23's theme feels like a great example, just high-tempo enough to fit Junko's active, electric (pun intended) fighting style but the lyrics reveal a core of determination to see the Night through to the end, seizing her 'destiny'.

Run, on the other hand, is more of a combat-focused track, reflecting her sister's grace and elegance but with more agency and aggressiveness.

@Cmeriwether , show me some more Junko-centred bangers!

Dead Fingers Talk - Yoshitaka Hirota

Reaper is unsettling. They're a character whose whole theme is based around that of death, and boy, do they deliver. Mix in their lack of speech (except to Daisuke), the fact they're only main cast member whose identity hasn't yet been revealed (except to Daisuke, again), and their terrifying level of power, and you've got the Grim Reaper's intern.

I think a song of this style (Shadow Hearts as a series depicts this vibe perfectly) fits Reaper like a glove, eerie, intense, and mysterious, yet there's a strange quality of hopefulness as the track continues.

Any other samples would give too much away, but stay tuned!

@Banan-chan , a scythe for your thoughts?

Transformation (NEO Mix) - Takeharu Ishimoto

Another no-brainer. The song literally starts with 'Open up your eyes', which would be a direct allusion to Daisuke's EXS ability. The dark, mysterious vibe and layered lyrics talking about the speaker's distressed mind, wanting to transform themselves into something entirely new and horrifying also fit Daisuke really well, I feel.

To the non-TWEWY initiated, there are three different versions of this song and I think all three of them could apply to Daisuke, but this one feels the best.

To avoid spoilers, our resident edgelord only gets one sample!

@D34N.U5R Talk to me, dude. What type of music do you feel fits Daisuke?

Rock Parade - NAOKI, Daisuke Ishiwatari

Soul Drive - Lotus Juice, Taku Iwasaki

For Ryota I wanted something heavy on the guitar, high tempo, and upbeat, with a message of hope, responsibility and urgency - all qualities that are at the centre of his identity for reasons that will be explored as time goes on.

Rap, especially Lotus Juice's style, suits Nakamura's vibe like a glass pair of jordans. It's just occurred to me that his EXS ability hasn't been revealed yet, so just take my word for it when I say it's something that lends itself well to this style of music.

Another no-brainer. The song literally starts with 'Open up your eyes', which would be a direct allusion to Daisuke's EXS ability. The dark, mysterious vibe and layered lyrics talking about the speaker's distressed mind, wanting to transform themselves into something entirely new and horrifying also fit Daisuke really well, I feel.

To the non-TWEWY initiated, there are three different versions of this song and I think all three of them could apply to Daisuke, but this one feels the best.

This fits Daisuke perfectly. Honestly I was thinking something like Bring Me To Life or Guilty All The Same but this... this is by far the best fit I know.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup

Arthur was one of tougher ones. The most common instrument that came to mind with Arthur was a violin, something elegant yet hiding a hidden strength and resolve, and I think Divine Bloodlines fits that image to a T.

As for the second theme, I felt the lyrics really apply to Arthur, as he's the kind of person to reflect on the world, his place in it, and what he's fighting for, especially in an environment as volatile as the HN.

Great songs, funnily enough whenever I thought of music for Arthur violin stuff was usually what came to mind, I'm quite fond of violin music personally anyway but I felt a lot of it really suited Arthur.
These were some of my favourites to listen to when think about Arthur when I was writing his character.
Obscurity-by Audiomachine
Lethe by Atropis Music

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
(Mods have mercy!)

Hey y'all! I hope you've been enjoying [WON] so far. It's already been over half a year since we started!

I've loved writing it, and seeing the way you all interact with it, from Koru's S-tier Discord commentary to Gold always, and I mean always being the first to react to any new chapter, motivate me so much. You have no idea how the little things like your consistent reactions make me smile.

Anyway, enough of all the soft talk! I've come to talk about the ever important business of - you guessed it - character themes.

I think we've gotten to the point where the Main Cast are really starting to come into their own (for better or worse) and their ideals and motivations are starting to clash.

I won't reveal too much, but this is giving way to some really cool interactions and developments coming up, and these days I often find myself wondering 'What's the atmosphere/vibe of this scene? What kind of music would fit here?', and then finding suitable tracks to help me really capture the mood.

The more I did this, the more I realized I was starting to gear towards certain styles of music when certain characters were present. So I figured, why not give each character their own 'theme' or style that helps capture who they are and what they're going through?

And who best to give some more perspective on this than my readers, who also happen to be the creators of most of the cast?

Below you can find some sample themes I've suggested for each character with some comments. I want to hear your takes on each character. What were you originally going for when you made them? What type of music do you feel best suits them? TYPE TYPE TYPE!

We're Losing You - Takeharu Ishimoto

This one was a no-brainer, especially given where Liu's head is currently at. The harsh vocals, manic guitar and wild percussion all suit him like a glove, I feel. You can even interpret the lyrics as The Tainted screaming and begging his master to come back to his senses, which I thought was too cool of an opportunity to resist.

I have another style of music in mind for Liu, but revealing it now would probably be spoilery, so take what's here!

@DevVoid What are your thoughts bud?

Pull the Trigger - Atsushi Kitajoh, Shoji Meguro

Blinded By Light - Masashi Hamauzu

For Eiji, I went into it thinking something high-energy, rocky would work for someone like her. But as I thought more about her as a character, and her current headspace, I think something more heartfelt and sincere would actually work quite well with her too. The kind of heartfeltness that isn't afraid to bust some heads and get shit done, anyhow.

These themes kind of cross both territories. Pull the Trigger's lyrics and vibe really suit her, and I think Blinded By Light suits her wonderfully too (especially the title).

@Gold The Dragonite , whatcha feeling?

Ghirahim Medley - Mahito Yokata

The Master - Kotaro Nakagawa

Black Knights - Hiroki Shimizu

Easily the hardest one to figure out. Kinoko felt too complex for me try and pin him down to one mood, especially for reasons that will be revealed as the series goes on. There's just too much going on with this guy - every time I sit down and discover I'm writing a Kinoko chapter today, I'm equal parts excited and anxious because I never know what this dude's about to do!

But if there's one thing that comes across crystal-clear with Kinoko, it's his narcissism, arrogance, and visions of grandeur, which I think come across in this style of music with use of opera-like chants and vocals. Big Lelouch vibes, only slightly more selfish...?

@| Korutesu | , what kind of music do you feel would fit our mushroom manipulator?

Courage - Yugo Kanno

My orange son. In the few characterization moments he got, Akio proved himself as someone willing to put himself in harm's way for the sake of his friends and their wellbeing.

Even at the risk of his own life.

I think Koichi's theme/leitmotif with the quiet piano belying an inner core of determination and courage suits my man perfectly.

Icefield White Knight - Raito

HUGE cop-out as this theme belongs to an Under Night character who also has ice manipulation powers, but Raito nailed the exact tone I was looking for with Mizuko. Graceful, elegant, and dignified, with an unyielding resolve to protect that which she holds dear. I think the piano as an instrument suits her incredibly well.

What's your take, @Cmeriwether ?

Vega Stage - Yoko Shimomura

Kass' Theme - Yoko Shimomura

Alongside Liu, Miharu was probably the easiest to find a style for - I knew exactly what to look for. Something layered, sophisticated, yet beautiful, that presents her alter-ego of Red as some kind of marvellous spectacle to behold. The two instruments that came to mind were the violin and accordion (things that any Kingdom Hearts fan will tell you Ms. Shimomura excels at), represented by the samples I've gathered here.

Miharu is among the most unique, if not the most unique character in the Main Cast, and both of these tracks really sell that to me. I'm excited to see what she does from here.

@=Nightshade= What kind of vibe were you going for with Miharu and her alter-ego?

Theme of X-23 ~Destiny~ - Kyoko Fujii & Hideyuki Fukasawa

Run / Full Speed Ahead - Naoshi Mizuta

Junko was another tough one, as it took me a while to settle on what kind of vibe she's going for, but I think the two samples we have here work really well. X-23's theme feels like a great example, just high-tempo enough to fit Junko's active, electric (pun intended) fighting style but the lyrics reveal a core of determination to see the Night through to the end, seizing her 'destiny'.

Run, on the other hand, is more of a combat-focused track, reflecting her sister's grace and elegance but with more agency and aggressiveness.

@Cmeriwether , show me some more Junko-centred bangers!

Dead Fingers Talk - Yoshitaka Hirota

Reaper is unsettling. They're a character whose whole theme is based around that of death, and boy, do they deliver. Mix in their lack of speech (except to Daisuke), the fact they're only main cast member whose identity hasn't yet been revealed (except to Daisuke, again), and their terrifying level of power, and you've got the Grim Reaper's intern.

I think a song of this style (Shadow Hearts as a series depicts this vibe perfectly) fits Reaper like a glove, eerie, intense, and mysterious, yet there's a strange quality of hopefulness as the track continues.

Any other samples would give too much away, but stay tuned!

@Banan-chan , a scythe for your thoughts?

Rock Parade - NAOKI, Daisuke Ishiwatari

Soul Drive - Lotus Juice, Taku Iwasaki

For Ryota I wanted something heavy on the guitar, high tempo, and upbeat, with a message of hope, responsibility and urgency - all qualities that are at the centre of his identity for reasons that will be explored as time goes on.

Rap, especially Lotus Juice's style, suits Nakamura's vibe like a glass pair of jordans. It's just occurred to me that his EXS ability hasn't been revealed yet, so just take my word for it when I say it's something that lends itself well to this style of music.
I absolutely love what you’ve chosen for Miharu!! I’ve gotten so behind on reading TnT but I’m super excited to devour everything I’ve missed in one nail-biting sitting! ✨

Great songs, funnily enough whenever I thought of music for Arthur violin stuff was usually what came to mind, I'm quite fond of violin music personally anyway but I felt a lot of it really suited Arthur.
These were some of my favourites to listen to when think about Arthur when I was writing his character.
Obscurity-by Audiomachine
Lethe by Atropis Music
Huge thanks for this, came in super handy when writing the latest chapter