• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Banan-chan

Previously QueOne
Without revealing too much, the HN will have the exact same set of players from Night 1 to Night 7, give or take any erasures that occur. It'll just be them, the Noise, and Juno directing the whole thing.

Points are shared between pairs; there are no individual points here. If a Pact is disbanded mutually, points will likely be split as evenly as possible between the two players, though it wouldn't surprise me if the GM finds this conclusion 'boring' and includes... other ways of determining who deserves the points more.

In the case of erasure, half the points from the erased's pair are deducted, regardless of who put in more work.

Again, not to spoil too much, but the pactmate will be given an option that lets them continue.

View attachment 947235

In all seriousness, this one kinda stumps me lol. I just kinda went into this hoping RNG would be on my side. If not, I'll likely just create another character (or anyone else can feel free to, if they particularly want to) so things are evened out

While I'm here, I actually have some questions for @Banan-chan about MASTER OF DEATH.

1. I'm assuming Noise count as souls, as well as Players? Apologies if this was obvious, I wanted to make sure. If so, why don't we increase the benefits for Kotori earning Player souls, since they're much harder to obtain than Noise souls?

2. Does the buff from [STAGE 1: SOUL STEALER ] stack over multiple nights, or are the souls released at the end of the night?

3. Tier 1 Noise are pretty easy to beat individually, so if they were to grant Kotori a soul, would [STAGE 3: SOUL EATER] make it so that she can heal to full off of just one Tier 1 soul? If so, she'd be very hard to defeat or even damage later on in the rp lol
1. Yep, all entities grant a single soul when killed. I was debating whether or not to scale up the souls she gains if she kills a player, but I decided it would break the theme. I also thought it could serve a symbolic purpose—going into this, Noise and Player might as well be the same thing to Kotori.

2. My plan is for the souls to stack across nights. I figured the nights will progressively get harder, and if Kotori starts with a 0x strength multiplier every night, she’s probably not going to stand a chance.

3. Soul Eater was tough to balance, since I wasn’t sure how many monsters she’d be fighting each night. My reasoning was that if she uses this ability in any fight once, she will gain a net zero souls from the fight, which is why I made it so strong. However, if she can be farming Noise easily, I have some ideas to balance the ability.

-High EXS cost, so that she has to kill high-value opponents to keep healing. I’m not a fan of this since it complicates the “calculations” too much.
-Ramp up cost. First use costs one, second costs two, third costs three, etc. and resets each night.

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
Gave it some thought, and having Miharu be Kinoko's pactmate for the Hollow Night would probably be his best choice. Their powers have a lot of synergy, mostly because Miharu can just tell him when Noise will attack, and Kinoko could release the spores to control said attackers, and later on, they won't have to worry about other pairings due to the level four upgrade of Kinoko's EXS Ability. And plus, their personalities later on will mesh fairly well, cause as previously stated by Nightshade, Either of the two characters involved can change in different ways because of each other's company, or just break off the pact in the end, LOL! Even if Kinoko probably won't be redeemed, I've got some ideas for his redemption arc, and what he could do after the whole HN thing if he ever changes his mind and sees what he's done wrong. (Plot Twist; He does /j(?))

Is Miharu apart of the Phantom Thieves? Because she changed Kinoko's heart (hehe persona 5 reference i can go disappear now)

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Hmm.. you know what? I had an idea when it comes to who would pair best with Liu when it comes to making a pact. I could just make a list where I talk about who would be best compatible, but you know what would be even better than that? Making a list where Liu himself comments on who he'd be forming a pact with (including Akio and Eiji for fun):

- Eiji Hoshino -
" Urgh, a perfectionist, fantastic. Doesn't exactly help that our pact would be an antithesis to my ends; She literally wards off the darkness I could use for my advantage. While I could probably see myself somewhat getting along with her, I'd prefer it if I could approach things with my way and not be forced to go over the top every time. Good thing they've already got a pact planned. "

- Akio Furusawa -
" Somehow, this guy's even brighter than the literal walking lightbulb. Unfortunately, that's more on the emotional range than a light level, which is even worse, personally speaking. Optimism's nice and all to have every now and then, but being such a big beam of positivity is just a huge no for me. Sure would be nice to pair up with a healer, though. Makes me a bit jealous that I can't heal, but whatever. "

- Miharu Kozuki -
" Oh boy, a theatre kid. I've heard my fair share of how.. well, how do I put this? Bizarre? Strange? What 'oddballs' those types of people are. That future telling is a real interesting ability though, I gotta admit.. but when I have to pay attention to how someone else handles themselves, which would disallow me from just going wild on an enemy.. no thanks, I'd rather have a fighting buddy than a talking buddy. "

- Mizuko Shirogetsu -
" Finally someone quiet, like me! But.. oh wait. They deal damage by taking damage? That sure does sound.. cool, I guess. I'm not exactly able to heal them up anyway, and if I have to constantly babysit my teammate, I'd be less effective at taking out others. While it would be nice to have someone tag along who doesn't dislike talking nearly as much as I do, that ability would only be dragging me down, I'd reckon. "

- Junko Shirogetsu -
" A flirtatious, sociable person with a knack for electricity? Well the latter part sure sounds like it would help keeping enemies close enough for Twisted and I to eliminate, that former part however.. I'm getting shivers just thinking about the constant conversations I'll have to uphold. Hell, I have enough trouble talking to people for a long time already, but talking to a person like that constantly? Yeah, no. "

- Kinoko Rusuban -
" Oh good, it's The Walking Dead all over again. Only less badass and gut-wrenching, all culminated into a plant-obsessed nerd. I've seen, experienced and talked to my fair share of manipulators, that facáde isn't gonna fool me. While I do admit I may or may not have committed my own occasional case of slight manipulation, those cases were usually accidental. Usually. Would still rather find someone else to make a pact with, though. "

- Daisuke Kakashi -
" Secretive AND the ability to induce fear in others? Now that's what I'm talking about! Who needs communication, anyway? Actually, if we made this small little tactic of scaring noise and players into a corner so I can ambush them, we'd probably be the most effective duo in the entirety of Hollow Night. Out of all these other people, this guy seems the most logical to form a pact with. "

- Kotori Yami -
" Okay, hear me out. I know I'm edgy, and I like it the way I keep it, but this just over-the-top, you know? The attitude, the ability, the look, everything is just one massive red flag. Also, if I even were to consider making a pact with this girl, we'd probably have to compete over who gets kills, which I'm not a particular fan of. I'd rather prefer if I could do the killing and my teammate just support me from the sidelines. "

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Gave it some thought, and having Miharu be Kinoko's pactmate for the Hollow Night would probably be his best choice. Their powers have a lot of synergy, mostly because Miharu can just tell him when Noise will attack, and Kinoko could release the spores to control said attackers, and later on, they won't have to worry about other pairings due to the level four upgrade of Kinoko's EXS Ability. And plus, their personalities later on will mesh fairly well, cause as previously stated by Nightshade, Either of the two characters involved can change in different ways because of each other's company, or just break off the pact in the end, LOL! Even if Kinoko probably won't be redeemed, I've got some ideas for his redemption arc, and what he could do after the whole HN thing if he ever changes his mind and sees what he's done wrong. (Plot Twist; He does /j(?))

Is Miharu apart of the Phantom Thieves? Because she changed Kinoko's heart (hehe persona 5 reference i can go disappear now)
Sounds like a blast! I’d take that as a Pact then 8) ✨

Banan-chan

Previously QueOne
@Banan-chan You think either of mine would work as a pact partner for Kotori?
I can see a decent pairing between Mizuko and Kotori.

Pros:
-I can see Kotori appreciating Mizuko’s lack of flamboyance and insincerity.

-Dark theme abilities and costumes.

-Mizuko has a lot of tracking effects, which makes it easy for Kotori to hunt down targets.

-Between Mizuko’s abilities and Kotori’s Soul Eater, these two are very hard to kill.

-Mizuko’s abilities also deter betrayal, which is good when paired with Kotori.

-Potential special interaction between Soul Stealer/Soul Driver and Yurei if Kotori ends up being Mizuko’s killer. What do you think?

Cons:
-Lackluster offense, since Mizuko is defense oriented and Kotori is a finisher.

-Hard early nights since there’s no easy way to set up kills for Kotori. At the same time, this could make it more interesting though.

(Double post, yadda yadda, my fault, thanks)

Finally done setting up y'all, I've added location details, a floor plan of the high school, and the classes our characters are in, all under the [LOCATIONS] tab of the first post (which is looking like Spoiler City right now lol)

The main thread can be found here , and I'll add the link the first post too. Feel free to get your introductory posts done at your leisure!

Finally, every 'phase' the RP shifts into, I'll include some optional guidelines for how to progress the narrative/structure your posts in the new [CURRENT OBJECTIVES] tab.

They'll also be where we can look at stuff like the current mission we're on, and the leaderboard once we get to that stage.

They'll all be really simple and only serve to help you get started on/progress posts if you're not sure how to (which is completely understandable, this rp be kinda dense)

Here's our guideline for Day 1, which you'll find under [CURRENT OBJECTIVES]:

Day 1

• A regular day in the life of your character
  • Thoughts about Y2K Syndrome, if any?
  • Interact freely
  • Head to bed

Last edited:
@RhythmThief What are the tests the characters going to take? I'm not sure if they're the midterms or something else.
Oh, don't worry about all that, that was just meant to signify Akio's scholastic enthusiasm lol.

Though now that you mention it, they likely do have midterms in 2-3 weeks' time, however the entire roleplay takes place over a single week so we needn't take those into account much.

Feel free to refer to those midterms in your posts, and at your complete leisure

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Name: Arthur Cunningham

Codename: Butler

Appearance:
1739697_LwrWynoq.png

Personality: Arthur is a pretty chill guy. He loves to work hard as well as goof off on the occasion. He likes hanging out with people and is usually always smiling. He enjoys reading, exercise and food, doesn't like carbonated drinks and is afraid of raccoons. When he transforms he becomes a lot more serious and focused than he is normally. He is bisexual.

EXS Ability + Possible Upgrades: Lycanthropy: Arthur's ability is to transform into a lycanthrope like wolf form with enhanced strength, senses, speed and durability. He can only keep the transformation up for a certain amount of time as it eventually tires him out, like doing lots of exercise for a prolonged amount of time.
Upgrades;
Lycan Flames (LV1):
Arthur is able to channel flames into his claws and fangs.
Strength of the Pack (LV2): Arthur can howl to gives his allies a boost to the power and speed for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Thunderous Howl (LV3): Arthur can let out a loud howl that summons bolts of lightning.
Frozen Hunter (LV4): Arthur can now choose to either channel fire or ice into his claws and fangs.
Hulking Size (LV5): Arthur's wolf form is now much larger, going from 7'5" to 9'2"
Spirit of the Hunt (Max): Arthur can now harness fire and ice simultaneously as well as channel lightning through his body increasing his speed, he is also stronger and faster and can enter a state of being that renders him impervious to damage for 5 minutes. His transformation also tires him out quicker rendering him worn out a lot faster.

Costume: Arthur's costume is a butler's outfit with no shoes or gloves due to his his claws.

Backstory/fun facts (if any): Spent the first 5 years of his life living in England, moved to Tokyo with his parents just before his 6th birthday. His father passed away not long after they moved to Tokyo in a car accident. He lived with just his mum until his 15th birthday when she met a new guy, Arthur could never really find a way to get to know the guy, his mum and the new guy got engaged a week before his 18th birthday.

Super secret codes:Lemon, Satsuma, Pink Lady, Banana

Last edited:
Name: Arthur Cunningham

Codename: WereButler

Appearance:
View attachment 947249

Personality: Arthur is a pretty chill guy. He loves to work hard as well as goof off on the occasion. He likes hanging out with people and is usually always smiling. He enjoys reading, exercise and food, doesn't like carbonated drinks and is afraid of raccoons. When he transforms he becomes a lot more serious and focused than he is normally. He is bisexual.

EXS Ability + Possible Upgrades: Arthur's ability is to transform into a lycantheope like wolf form with enhanced strength, senses, speed and durability. A possible upgrade for his power is to be able to channel elements into his claws or fangs to improve his attacking capabilities, also increasing his tranformations size could be an upgrade.

Costume: Arthur's costume is a butler's outfit with no shoes or gloves due to his his claws.

Backstory/fun facts (if any): Spent the first 5 years of his life living in England, moved to Tokyo with his parents just before his 6th birthday. His father passed away not long after they moved to Tokyo in a car accident. He lived with just his mum until his 15th birthday when she met a new guy, Arthur could never really find a way to get to know the guy, his mum and the new guy got engaged a week before his 18th birthday.

Super secret codes:Lemon, Satsuma, Pink Lady, Banana

Good bio; I want you to follow the format of EXS Levels when noting down the upgrades, that is, specifically list out how the power develops at each level.

The upgrades themselves needn't be huge, they can be as simple or complex as you wish, within reason of course.

This'll give everyone a good idea of exactly what each character is capable of doing at each stage, and also provide a clear roadmap for each character's development.

Once that's done, you're in buddy! Arthur will likely be paired up with Junko unless anybody would like to do a switcheroony before we head in

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Good bio; I want you to follow the format of EXS Levels when noting down the upgrades, that is, specifically list out how the power develops at each level.

The upgrades themselves needn't be huge, they can be as simple or complex as you wish, within reason of course.

This'll give everyone a good idea of exactly what each character is capable of doing at each stage, and also provide a clear roadmap for each character's development.

Once that's done, you're in buddy! Arthur will likely be paired up with Junko unless anybody would like to do a switcheroony before we head in
I have adjusted the upgrades, are they better, if not I can change them again.

@RhythmThief should we start on the character interactions now? Or do we wait for your call? Anything works for me though.
Yup, feel free to interact. I'll be controlling the teachers for today, otherwise go nuts

I have adjusted the upgrades, are they better, if not I can change them again.
Thank you! Finally, I'd just like you to add some drawbacks/negatives to his power.

It could be something complex, or something as simple as maintaining his form (especially the LV5 ver.) requires energy, nutrients etc. to maintain.

Whatever you feel is fair enough to balance him out

My intended implication is that Yamamoto (and by extension, Akio and the rest) personally know Hasegawa, who I believe was the one who confessed to Ichimaru.

Junko mouthed a 'Holy crap' as she saw first year Hasegawa Rentarou confess his feelings for Junko's best friend, Ichimaru Emiko. Several members of the first year class had heard that.

Though in hindsight I've forced Hasegawa to be in Music Club, my bad lol. I'm open to reworking it if you have other plans for him.

Alternatively, it would be safe to assume Yamamoto knows other first years, either through Music Club or another activity, and caught wind of it through them. According to your post:

Several members of the first year class had heard that.

Don't worry about it, I had no idea what club Hasegawa was going to be in
My intended implication is that Yamamoto (and by extension, Akio and the rest) personally know Hasegawa, who I believe was the one who confessed to Ichimaru.

Though in hindsight I've forced Hasegawa to be in Music Club, my bad lol. I'm open to reworking it if you have other plans for him.

Alternatively, it would be safe to assume Yamamoto knows other first years, either through Music Club or another activity, and caught wind of it through them. According to your post:

Question about your post, who was the one who said they wanted Junko?

Question about your post, who was the one who said they wanted Junko?
EEESH, sorry Cmeri, forgot to reply to this.

Ryota Nakamura is the one who expressed interest. You can think of him as the rough-around-the-edges, kind at heart, jock of Akio's group. He's pretty popular and excels at sports, and naturally has a pretty big rivalry with Eiji since she similarly excels at sports, as well as academics.

Though he'd never admit it, she's indirectly inspired him to take his academics more seriously, and with some tutelage from Ryuzaki, his grades have seen significant improvements since the start of 2nd year

EEESH, sorry Cmeri, forgot to reply to this.

Ryota Nakamura is the one who expressed interest. You can think of him as the rough-around-the-edges, kind at heart, jock of Akio's group. He's pretty popular and excels at sports, and naturally has a pretty big rivalry with Eiji since she similarly excels at sports, as well as academics.

Though he'd never admit it, she's indirectly inspired him to take his academics more seriously, and with some tutelage from Ryuzaki, his grades have seen significant improvements since the start of 2nd year

I was wondering if we could have an Encounter between those two (Ryota and Junko)?