• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Wild Mark: A Zodiac Powered Roleplay

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Lower Jadewall

As the snake held the wooden creature down it pressed its hand into the ground and a plant began to sprout from where it pressed, at Jadewall Academy, Silas felt his creatures need for help and tensed before, with no hesitation, slamming his fist into the ground summoning a wooden cocoon that quickly absorbed into the ground. Back with Electra the plant that the creature had summoned burst into a wooden cocoon that melted away leaving Silas standing there "god I hate travelling that way it takes too much energy, now what was so urgent...oh" he trailed off as he noticed Electra, "well this is awkward" he stated as he snapped his fingers causing the wooden creatures to melt away as he stood waiting for someone to act.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Lower Jadewall
Gray jumped back as the snake struck, startled at the reptile’s sudden movement. The rats that had crept forward before scattered, skittering into shadows where they could shelter from the snake. Gray glanced at Electra, registering her question. “Yeah,” she muttered, nodding cautiously. “It was on his shoulder—”

And suddenly, the strange wooden creature was no longer a creature at all, but a rapidly sprouting plant of a kind Gray had never seen— a plant that bore not fruit, but another Risen. Gray leaped back at the horned man’s sudden appearance, teeth bared in an animal instinct. A number of the rats vanished, scurrying away, the excitement and fear too much to stick around, but the few that remained followed Gray’s lead, hissing and backing away slowly with bristling fur and laid-back ears.

Gray eyed Electra, looking for some sign that this was expected. But judging by her lack of knowledge of the wooden critter, she thought it likely that this hadn’t been in the cards. The teen was uneasily surveying each of the adults, eyes flicking alertly from one to the other. The tension was elastic: thick enough to cut with a knife and about to snap at any moment. Gray remained in her three-point stance, not planning to bolt, but certainly ready to if it came down to it. What the hell is happening?

She felt that she’d had quite enough of this real magic for the day. Sleight of hand was much more predictable.

Lower Jadewall

For a moment, Electra did nothing but stare. This was certainly not what she had expected. One minute, she was examining the strange creature. The next, she was staring straight into the eyes of someone she had not seen in many years.

"Silas."

Her voice was devoid of emotion. Part of it was acting, but mostly it was due to her confusion, fear, and surprise cancelling each other out. She hid the bone behind her back. Realization slowly dawned on her, and with it an idea.

"I imagine this is not where you expected to turn up," she said, keeping her voice level.

Her snake looked at her. He had been startled by the sudden arrival of the Risen and the melting of the creature, so he retreated to a safe distance. Electra projected her thoughts toward the snake. Get help. Alert Gerrik.

Her eyes then turned to Orpheus, trying to convey some sort of signal that he needed to run or attack. Electra wasn't sure what would be the better solution in this case so she focused on distracting Silas.

"Tell me," she said. "Did you come all this way from the academy to fetch your...puppet?"

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Lower Jadewall
Still tensed Silas looked down at Electra, "yeah, I'd..uh sent it on an errand and I know that this area can get a bit dangerous and I didn't want what I sent it for to get stolen, so when it called for help I assumed it was being robbed, so I came right away..." his voice faulted as he inward battled himself, he'd always felt like if maybe he'd tried to help Electra before then things wouldn't be the way they are now, "that wasn't very convincing was it, he said before sighing as he began to shift into his minotaur-like ox form. He got slightly larger as his skin darkened and his head began to turn into that of an ox, "now I don't won't to hurt anyone, but if I don't at least try and take you to the sages, I'll be in all sorts of trouble" he stated as he formed two wooden gauntlets around his fists and moved towards Electra.

~???~

"And you can't identify any anything concrete? No reports of anything similar elsewhere?"

A pink-haired young man paced up and down across the glossy, marble floor of the doctor's office. The space was so painstakingly white that the young man's black suit stood as though in direct opposition to the room's monotone appearance.

"I'm afraid not." The round, spectacled voice across the desk spoke, clicking away at his computer, clearly bored. He sighed, taking off his glasses. It seemed it was a slow day at the surgery. "Listen, Mr. Hawthorne- are you sure this simply isn't a misunderstanding? Perhaps you simply needed an... update to your equipment?"

The young man, now revealed as Mr. Hawthorne, felt indignant. Yes, it was absurd to suggest that, in the last week, he had contracted some sort of illness that caused almost everything he touched to break down and deteriorate- but judging by the evidence, what other conclusion could he have come to?

"You mean to suggest that the steering wheel just happened to pop straight out? On a 3 month old car? That the fresh bouquet of flowers I picked out for Aurora coincidentally withered to a dead husk before I even reached our doorstep?" He fell back into the patient's chair, defeated.

"Look, Dr. Ashbourne. You've been with us ever since Aurora and I wed, and you've never failed us. With Lyra on the way, I... I need to make sure I can be there fully to support. This thing-whatever it is- is stopping me from doing that. And it's only getting worse by the day."

His voice took on a pleading tone, hands clasped together in meekness.

"Please, help us find a way to fix this. Just as you've always done."

Ashbourne looked into the father-to-be's petitioning eyes softly. The doctor's previously aloof body language had now eased.

"As a father myself," he began nostalgically, "I understand your worries. I assure you, Mr. Hawthorne..."

He clasped Hawthorne's hands in his own, before a sharp sting ran across them as a result, forcing him to back away quickly.

"Ahem... I assure you, we will get to the bottom of this."

~ Lower Jadewall ~

Orpheus froze.

Almost in an instant, the small wooden creature vanished, leaving a hulking, horned Risen in their place, one that Electra apparently knew by name. She looked Orpheus' way, a clear signal that he interpreted as a call to action, and fast.

His mind raced, unsure of what to do at such a critical moment. Giving the Remnant trio no time to form a strategy, the Risen had now transformed, his size increasing, and his appearance in like vein to a Minotaur. Orpheus crouched down, clenched his teeth and shut his eyes in panic.

Think think think! What do we do?!

He began to shake.

Am I... am I going to flee again? Am I going to leave them behind again? Am I... am I going to be alone again? Was all that talk about helping her just that? Empty words?

...were they really?

Taking a deep breath, he glanced resolutely at Gray, signalling her to stay at a distance with his ashen palm. If he was really going to do this, he'd need to make sure both her and Electra stayed alive; otherwise it will all have been for nothing.

Immediately, he began darting towards the Risen, teary-eyed and unstable, but dashing nonetheless.

"Electra!" He cried. "It's you they want, isn't it?!" The Risen had admitted as much just before his metamorphosis. "We can't let them have you! If he got here this quickly, all he needs is to grab you and transport you away again!"

Deceptively agile, it wasn't long now before Orpheus was right in front of the hulking giant.

The pet snake around her neck is gone. She definitely sent for the Spear Demon and her other snakes. All I need to do is hold this demon off until they arrive!

With that, Orpheus dived toward their enemy, the momentum sailing him through the air like a pink arrow, arms outstretched and hands hungry for flesh to decompose.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Malphas strode toward the two rather quick, being in a hurry despite his face portraying a perfectly reserved expression. As his feet stopped moving and he approached both sages, a ring of flames already eminated from his soles and rose all around his body as if bursting his frame into a blazing inferno, sending crackling sparks all about, lightly charring a few strands of grass here and there.

His physique morphed once more, now changing into an enormous, bird-like dragon with ashen feathers, which would quickly burst into a scarlet tone with a red-orange-yellow gradient and six eyes blazing with raging flames basking in their orange glow. During this, Malphas had crouched as to let the two hop on his back more easily.

" I've spotted Electra, and one of her potential cohorts! If we hurry now, we may still be able to catch them! "
@Charlotte Pryce

~Jadewall Academy, Rock Garden~

Black Sage's heart skipped a beat. That was fast, even for Malphas.

"Take us there at once," White Sage demanded.

"Should we not tell the others?"

"There's no time!" White Sage snapped, turning to Black Sage. "You heard Malphas. If we don't move quickly, we'll lose her."

Black Sage wanted to argue, but couldn't. White Sage was right. They nodded. "Which way?"

~Lower Jadewall~

He's charging Silas. Electra realized.

As much as she wanted to get away, she didn't want Orpheus to kill him either. Hopefully, Silas was as good at combat as he looked. If he was too good, they'd all be in big trouble. She needed a plan.

Electra assessed her surroundings. She still had the bone. Gray looked terrified. She needed to get her to safety. Silas would no doubt be occupied with Orpheus so that shouldn't be a problem. But how to take Silas captive...

Electra threw caution to the wind, or rather, the bone to the floor. She preyed the dog-demon's victims would forgive her. The second the bone hit the ground it snapped in two. Dark shadow-like smoke poured out of it. Two purple eyes appeared as the mist took the form of a large hound. The hound glared at Electra.

"Fetch!" Electra yelled, pointing to Silas.

The hound obeyed. Soon the spectral canine swarmed over Silas like a cloud of angry hornets. Electra held her hand out to Gray.

"I'm not one for cliches normally," she said, "but come with me if you want to live."

DevVoid

Malphas turned his dragon-like head back the way he just came from, his massive wings outstretching and blasting a slight wave of heat into the air, raising the temperature around him. Regardless of whether or not the two would climb on his back now or flew on their own, he was just about ready to ascent into the air.

" Right this way, in an alley in the lower area of Jadewall, by the slums! Whether you intend to get on or have your own way of transportation won't matter now, after me! "

And with that, the dragon-formed Risen ascended into the skies with a mighty flap of his wings and a large leap, his feathers lighting up like a roaring wildfire, creating a golden glow to assist the Black and White Sages in following his image. Not that it was that hard to do in the first place in this case, but it doesn't hurt to provide an extra visual aid, either. And then, when the Sages were all prepared and ready to move.. so did he, bursting like a fireball through the skies, gliding through the air on heated winds and blazing wings, faster than his initial velocity during his search, and for good reason. He was on the hunt, after all. There was no time to waste.
@Charlotte Pryce

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Lower Jadewall

Silas turned and prepared to I tercentenary Electra's Ally, only to suddenly be swarmed, "INSOLENT HOUND" he roared out as he swung at the demon enveloping him, "Don't think I can't deal with you, I've faced demon hounds before" he snarled encasing himself in bark, he then shed the oaken shell leaving the hound assaulting the decoy out of momentary confusion, taking the split second before the hound realised the deception, Silas dashed towards Electra "come now Electra, just come with me, the sages do not want your allies, no-one needs to come to any harm" he said dodging an attack from the demon as he continued to make his way slowly towards Electra and the girl weighed down by the constant attacks.

=Nightshade=

Lower Jadewall
Shapeshifting? Sages? Nigh-instantaneous transportation via plant? Gray had the distinct feeling that she had found herself knee-deep in a mess that would almost certainly drag her in over her head. And yet, with all this strangeness around her… she felt positively normal in comparison. It wasn’t an entirely unwelcome feeling alone, but when she considered the circumstances from which it came, it was a rather terrifying prospect.

The pink-haired man held up a hand, a clear sign for stay back. That was something Gray could do. What else to do, she wasn’t sure, as the fight unfolded into absolute chaos. All the cards were on the table as magic crackled and snapped, her senses overwhelmed by the pure mayhem. And yet, something in her rebelled at the idea of running away.

That is, it did, until the bone snapped and the demonic canine burst forth. Any rats still remaining in the area scattered— predators, predators everywhere! Gray winced at the feeling of singularity they left her with. Alone again— but that wasn’t true, was it? Not anymore. She took Electra’s offered hand readily, eyes wide with a bubbling slew of battling confusion, fear, and suspicion (though the first two were a good deal more prominent than the last).

“He’s after you, why is he after— and what about—” Gray cut off her own breathless babbling with a quick shake of her head. “Nevermind. Talking’s for later.” She bit her tongue. The last thing the woman needed was for Gray to be difficult right now. The teen had already made her choice to follow; the details could come when there wasn’t a bull demon trying to— well, Gray wasn’t entirely sure what he was trying to do, but maybe that was the shock and fear eating at her mind. Whatever the Risen was planning, Gray doubted it would be good for her, so in theory, the best course of action… Gray managed a brave smile. “Lead the way, lady.”

Lower Jadewall

Electra grinned back at Gray and nodded. She ran off with Gray without replying to Silas then stopped at the end of the alley.

"Wait here," she whispered. "An associate of mine is coming to pick us up. You'll know him when you see my pet python."

She patted Gray on the shoulder before rushing back to where Silas, Orpheus, and the spectral hound were engaged in combat.

"You want me?" She hollered to Silas. With a snap of her fingers, she conjured a ball of fire.

"Then come and get me."

Meanwhile....

The Sages had no trouble keeping up with Malphas. White Sage was in the lead, not wanting to miss any chance of putting Electra away for good. Black Sage was following to, however, they hung back in case their were any traps or hiccups. Something about seeing Malphas in his dragon form made Black Sage's heartache. Perhaps, it was plain old nostalgia.

"Any sign of her?" White Sage hollered.

Last edited:

DevVoid

Malphas' gigantic form was soaring through the air, every now and then a flap of his wings sending a wave of heated air to his surroundings. By this time, they had already reached the lower parts of Jadewall, now it was only time to find out where.. well, if his memory served, and that it certainly did given his enhanced smarts from being a Kotengu, he could remember where that alley was. Lowering himself closer to the ground to pick up on his surroundings better, his sharpened avian eyes had allowed him to identify Electra, the card girl, that one stranger and.. wait.. was that Silas down there?

" I've spotted them! Down here, quick! "

It turned out things have become much more dire than he'd have expected to turn out. Malphas' keen eyes looked over the streets and alleys, to confirm their location. His wing flapped a couple times more before he flew down into a diving position in order to rapidly approach and land on the nearby roof, his crows additionally descending by the scene to join him on the higher ground. As soon as his talons touched the ground, his dragon-like form shone and coated itself in flames, burning his physique away and forming it back into the same human disguise he usually wore. After this, Malphas had turned his attention to those in the alley down below.

" Hope you don't mind that I brought over some company! "
@Charlotte Pryce @=Nightshade= @Void_Nugget @RhythmThief

Last edited:
Electra cursed. Not literally of course. Although, she could do that too. Malphas showing up was the last thing that she needed.

"Anyone else want to drop in on us?" She yelled.

White and Black Sage picked that exact moment to show themselves.

Great. Just great.

"Okay," she sighed. "You want to play?"

She ignited both of her wrists.

"Let's play."

Electra rushed towards Malphas with fists of fire.

Sooeun let out a small sigh as she took a moment to think about the test. How compatible she'd be with the other students? Interesting.. But that they would find connections through meditation? Sooeun didn't have any issue at all with the act itself, but she more so wondered how she would know when she was 'connected' with someone?

The young woman put her hand up before she spoke, "How do we know when we've connected with someone? Is there a limit to how many people you can connect with?" Sooeun asked, placing her hand back in her lap, glancing at the others. She had faint ideas at best over the other students' abilities, the exception being Blitz of the group. Though, she wasn't all too sure how things would go if she were to try and connect with the student born in the year of the fire rabbit. After all, water triumphed over fire, so despite being more familiar with him compared to the others she still felt unsure.

Then Sooeun's gaze turned to the other students, for just a fleeting moment. If she were to try and look at her compatibility from the perspective of elements, her best bet would probably be Seraph-year of the metal snake, Tyson-year of the metal dragon or then Sylph-year of the wooden dog. Sooeun only kept these thoughts for herself though as she changed to sit more comfortably, preparing herself for the test to begin while waiting for the Green Sage to answer.

Jadewall Academy, Training Grounds

Green Sage gave Sooeun an approving nod.

"Excellent question," they said. "When you connect with your element via meditation, one of the objects around you will move."

Green Sage demonstrated by taking a rock in his hand and holding his palm out flat. The rock bent and twisted into the shape of a little scottie dog.

"Your's might not move that much, but it will be enough to see a noticeable reaction. Now, if your sign or your element reacts with someone else's, you may see a second object in your circle transform or, in even rarer cases, a third."

Green Sage was thankful that no one yet asked about the pearl. Perhaps this lesson would go smoothly after all.

Tyson nodded as he listened to Green sage explain how it was indeed possible to use other elements by connecting with someone compatible enough, he remembered his parents teaching his something along those lines, although he had yet to actually find and train with anyone to see if the two were indeed compatible. When Green Sage asked for questions, Tyson was just about to raise his hand to address that he indeed had one, but stopped as someone already beat him to it, so he shrugged and waited for his turn while he listened to the question... which he silently admitted that it was a good question.

Tyson raised his hand once again and waited for Green Sage to call his name. "You mentioned how there are supposed to be five elements. I'm sure some of us here are with me when I ask... What's with the sixth item? I can understand the other five represent the elements, but what does the orb here represent?"

As Orpheus braced for impact, he felt the hard, rigid texture of wood, before it cracked through at the impact of his hands, sending him zooming straight through the shell and rolling onto the floor. He pushed himself up, recovering quickly.

He made a decoy! He realized, cursing his inability to spot it in time. Looking back and forth frantically, he finally spotted to Minotaur warrior racing toward Electra. He rose up quickly and began running after him before sensing a sharp increase in temperature.

Not only had Electra, their MVP, steeled herself to fight personally (a prospect which intuitively filled Orpheus with terror), but a being resembling a Dragon had dived down in front of him, breaking his stride and forcing him to shield himself from the heat.

His arms now lowered, he was greeted to a horrifying sight; the strange Risen from prior had returned, with two robed individuals either side. They didn't look like much at first, but Orpheus felt a disturbing pulse of horror resonate throughout his body at their appearance.

Whoever...no, whatever they were, Orpheus didn't like their chances against them. Even so, he steeled himself, ready to defend their party with whatever power he had.

Seeing Electra rush toward the new Risen with both hands ignited, Orpheus began running lightning-quick calculations in his head.

Electra has the ability to control fire, as does this newcomer by the looks of things. I imagine then, he's also like Electra in that he cannot be burned. At the very least, I'm sure he has some sort of fire resistance as part-and-parcel of his flame manipulation.

In that case, that's a good match-up; Electra can deal with those flames much easier than I can. That leaves the warrior. The decoy he left behind was wooden, meaning that's likely a core element of his abilities!

Fire should be able to put him out of business fairly quickly in that regard, but Electra's occupied! I'll have to distract him.

Decayed wood becomes much weaker and crumbly, meaning his defenses should be lowered substantially if I can just get my hands on him for a good while. Of course, there's still the problem of his offence, but he seems hesitant to attack. As though he's holding back!

Analysis complete, Orpheus once more began to dart in the direction of his previous target, the hulking Minotaur.

In that case, it's all I can do to hold him at back until reinforcements arrive! As for the two in the robes, I don't have the luxury of finding out what they can do. I need to act NOW!

"Here!" Orpheus called to the Spectral Hounds, pointing to the Sages. "Those two want to take away your master! And if they succeed, there will be nobody left to protect you, feed you, and transport you!" He cried, trying his best to convince the demon to action.

"But you can stop them!"

Hoping that was enough to spur the evil spirit to resistance, Orpheus turned his sights on his prey.

"Come back here!"

Jadewall Academy, Training Grounds

"Ah," Green Sage replied. Though in their mind, they cursed.

It seems I spoke too soon. Again.

"The orb that Tyson kindly pointed out for you all represents things that are unseen. Something that is hidden or unclear becomes crystal, so to speak, when revealed by the glass."

Hidden or unseen.

Seraph pursed her lips in thought.

"Master Green," Seraph inquired while raising her hand in the air. "When you say things that are 'unseen' do you mean hidden elements or..."

Seraph's voice drifted off. She and the sage shared a look like they both knew what her next guess was going to be, but felt it inappropriate to finish her sentence out loud. Seraph finished it anyway.

"Or chaotic energy?"

She saw Green Sage look away, if only briefly, to regain composure.

"It is true that we sages sometimes use these orbs to detect chaotic presences," Green Sage confessed. "However, these orbs also serve as protection against chaotic elements. In light of recent events...."

Seraph could not help but think Green Sage was staring at her and possibly Blitz as they said it.

"...I thought a little extra protection couldn't hurt. The serenity that meditation provides can often be disturbed by bad thoughts, emotions, noises."

Or mind spells, Seraph finished in her head.

Green Sage clapped their palms together.

"Well, if there are no more questions, you may all begin."

Green Sage sat down on the ground to observed the student's progress.

Lower Jadewall

The Spectral hound regarded Orpheus with mild curiosity. It was not a "hound" in the literal sense of the word, but rather a soulless creature resembling the appearance of a canine. It's primary directive was to serve the first person it saw. The one who initiated the "fetch" command. It did not eat. It did not sleep. It had no desire for companionship. However, due to the fact that Orpheus's chaos signature matched that of Electra's, it registered his words as a command.

Turning its back on Silas the hound rushed towards Black Sage and White Sage with impeccable speed.

"I'll handle the dog," White Sage said, drawing a shocked expression from Black. "You focus on putting Electra's flames out."

Black Sage did not protest. As White Sage prepared to meet the hound, Black raised both hands to the sky. A static-like pulse rose in the air. Clouds swirled overhead. Electra looked up from the corner of her eye and realized what was happening.

"They're calling on a thunderstorm!"

Deciding the dragon was the more immediate threat, she rushed Malphas, aiming for a fire punch to the jaw to knock him out. Meanwhile, a lumbering red-skinned demon carrying his namesake spear was approaching Gray's location, led by a smooth skinned python who slithered at great speed.

DevVoid

Malphas stood merely still, as reserved as ever even with the ever-closer Electra approaching with a fist of flaming fury, his eyes taking in his surroundings. What little this former student had known was that this janitor was no mere cleaner, but also a fighter. Waiting specifically for the right timing, Malphas performed very few movements with his full body with as little effort as he could be bothered to put into them, seeing as how he didn't really feel like fighting at this moment. Well, that and he just wanted to avoid as much violence as possible.

First, his upper torso bent backwards, Malphas using one arm to support himself off the ground in order to avoid the incoming swing. Second, at the same time, he lifted one leg to clasp it at Electra's face, potentially even causing his talons to dig into her skin should he be able of fully grabbing her. His intention however was not to damage her.

Instead, the claw that he had intended to try to grab onto Electra he would instead use to re-direct her straight into the air, the upwards movement he had been plannin to do after the grab also serving to cast up a draft of gale forces from below in order to send the former academy student skyhigh, straight into whatever the Black Sage was planning to bring down from above!
@Charlotte Pryce

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Lower Jadewall
Silas turned on the boy "now lad I don't wish to harm you, but if you intend to stop us taking Electra then you will be forcing my hand" he stated in a low voice as he lunged towards him creating a wooden wall to block the guy from going to help Electra, he then attempted to grapple him his breathing getting laboured as his energy was starting to dwindle from utilising his method of transport early "god I really do hate that method of travel, it makes me so damn tired" he muttered still trying to grab the guy.
@RhythmThief

=Nightshade=

The moment Electra left, Gray deftly clambered up the side of the alley, the brick building on her left offering purchase to her claws. She stopped about halfway up, where a folded fire escape provided a perch with an outlook over the whole alley, as well as the backroads that intersected with it at her location. From this distance, a turn of her head granted a view of the fight, or alternatively, a visual on how close what Gray could only assume was Electra’s “associate” had come.

Gray flinched as the sounds of fighting swelled. She believed in the advantage of numbers, something that would have worked in their favor when facing only the bull-demon. But as another three opponents hurtled in from the sky — an estimate, but Gray thought it was a good one — she felt their odds slowly dwindling. The girl glanced nervously to the backroads, for once willing a snake to hurry towards her. They were close enough now that she could pick out the patterns along the python’s back, and the wicked spear hefted by… Electra’s associate was a demon?

It didn’t matter, not really. As the sky darkened with billowing clouds, Gray figured they could use all the help they could get. When they were just a meter or two away, Gray hopped down from her perch, landing on her feet, though she still kept a wary distance from the snake. “There are more of ‘em, now,” she warned anxiously, though she supposed Electra may have passed that information to her pet. “Four opponents, total, I think…” The thought hadn’t quite occurred to the teen that the demon didn’t know her yet, though perhaps he knew of her. But with her heartbeat loud enough to contest with the rumble of thunder in her ears, Gray’s thoughts were as scattered as the rats.

Lower Jadewall

The python rose its head at the sound of Gray's words. Snakes are not known for having a superb understanding of English, but this one was different. Perhaps he simply picked it up after living with his human companion for so long, or maybe it was that his brain was more adept to figuring things out. In either case, it did not take Gray's news to make him understand. Electra was in danger. He could feel it in the electricity in the air. He bowed his head, grateful of being filled in with the current situation.

The demon Gerrik merely shifted his weight and grunted.

So my "master" is in trouble.

He said the word master with obvious scorn.

It seems to me, your in no position to give orders. And I could just as easily walk free if I stand here and do nothing.

SJ the python hissed at Gerrik. He put himself between Gray and the demon, coiling his body like a tight spring.

Sigh It would appear I am taking orders from vermin now too.

Gerrik looked from Gray to the serpent as he spoke.

Very well, he grunted. But I am doing this my way.

Back at the fight, Electra was not fairing too well. Her reflexes were slow--worthless--compared to the might and precision of Malphas in his dragon form. Her body was flung into the air. Straight into the storm that Black Sage was conjuring.

"I'm sorry," Black Sage mumbled.

A bolt of lightning struck. Electra felt a tingling sensation all over her skin, then nothing. Sweet glorious nothing as her body tumbled back to earth and hit the pavement. It was wonderful. She had not felt so devoid of pain or feeling since she could not remember when. Her chest rose and fell steadily. Was she breathing? She couldn't tell.

"I stunned her!" Black Sage yelled to the others. "But it will wear off soon, we need to act now."

"Noted!" White Sage hollered back. They were still grappling with the ghost hound. They're hands turned white hot. The hound began to holler and yelp as something burned away at its essence. The sage's hands were glowing. The specter hound bit into the sage's left shoulder just as White Sage grabbed the nonliving creature by its smoke-like neck. The hound disappeared in a burst of white light. White Sage grinned victoriously, but clutched their shoulder. Strange silverish liquid oozed out of it.

"I cough got it," they wheezed. "Malphas, get Electra and let's get out of here."

"DON'T!"

The sage cocked their head. Electra pointed at Black Sage with a half-horrified half-numb expression. A large spear was sticking out of Black's chest. The pointed was sticking out from the other side. Black Sage's eyes rolled to the back of their head as they collapsed. White Sage sprang to catch their companion's body before it hit the dirt.

Oh no, they thought. Oh no oh no oh no.

A battle cry split the air. White Sage looked up to see a horrendous red demon entering the scene, beating his chest with a look of triumph.

{Spoiler alert! Black Sage is not dead.}

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Lower Jadewall
Silas watched as the fight went on and started to move towards Electra after the attack stunned her, when the spear struck Black Sage, he stood shocked for a moment before acting, he turned on the owner of the spear, "hm I thin k I recognise you, could we have possibly met" he muttered half at the demon half just talking to himself, he couldn't quite work out how old the demon was but at this moment he didn't care and charged at him attempting to tackle him and slam him into the wall of the alley and pin him there.

There! Orpheus thought triumphantly as the lumbering giant, who he recalled Electra naming 'Silas', reached to grab Orpheus as the gap between them closed.

Orpheus was hoping he'd try something like this; something that made their fight close-ranged instead of at a distance, where the Remnant's options would be severely limited. He surmised he had two options here:

If I allow him to grab me, so long as my hands are free, I can make contact and wither that tough hide of his! I'll have to make sure I let go before I wither too much of him, or else-

Seemingly at the most inopportune time possible, the young man had a flashback. A memory- an instance in which he was too late. In which he wasn't able to lift his hands fast enough.

And that had given him all the information he needed.

His eyes set on the Silas' hands expanding out, Orpheus dived downwards into a roll, making use of the stark difference in stature and height compared to his opponent.

Narrowly dodging the attempted grab, he sprawled out and lay a hand flat on the cold concrete, causing the surface to crumble and give way to a path of withered ground as his fist dragged across it, momentum dropping. He withdrew his hand, shaking it painfully.

It seems all I've done is run and up and down today, like a frantic pig, he commented internally, heavily breathing, not understanding just how accurate he had been with that statement. He stood up defiantly, body still heaving with oxygen debt.

But that's fine, so long as Electra has one less thing to deal w-

He glanced in Electra's direction, his face soon splayed in absolute horror as he witnessed her flung into the air and hammered by a bolt of lightning.

"ELECTRA!" he cried, his ashy palms reached out reflexively.

He clenched his fists in a mix of rage, desperation, and sorrow, about to push his hands onto the floor and let everything collapse before one of the robed figures exclaimed that it was only a stun, a claim verified by Electra's chest rising and falling.

Orpheus sighed, relieved but still alert. With their MVP down he needed to make a move, and fast. As he leaned forward, about to make a mad dash for Electra, he felt a familiar sound careen into his ear.

Clank! Clank! Clank!

He span in the direction of Gray, Gerrik, and the massive snake (who's name he would later learn is SJ, a humorously run-of-the-mill name for such an intimidating creature), his body flooding with a mixture of relief and apprehension. The Remnant was glad that they had finally arrived, though was concerned about the growing scale of this skirmish, wary of damage to surrounding property or even people.

Even if this was Lower Jadewall, many still called this place home. For many, it was the only place they could call home. He wanted to respect that.

Surveying the battlefield once more, his eyes darted left and right analytically. He spotted the Spectral Hound in danger; it had listened to his command after all! Though his joy was short-lived; it was swiftly dispatched by the figure robed in white.

Orpheus felt a tinge of anger resurface; even if it had been a demon pet, it had defended its masters to its last breath. The show of loyalty, it seemed, had won Orpheus' favor. At least for a while.

Though even this new sensation was quickly overturned by a new display of savagery- with a bone-chilling shunk, Orpheus witnessed Gerrik ram his weapon into the dark-robed figure, as easily as squashing a bug. The figure's body soon went limp, his fellow comrade in robes catching it as it fell.

From that moment on- no, perhaps even before- Orpheus' time had stopped. Or rather, it's progression was so slow, it may as well have. Here it was again; Death, in all it's brutal suddenness and gore, laid bare before the young man's eyes once more.

His mind elsewhere, Orpheus' body scampered over by Electra's side, unsteady and unsure of what to do next.

"Are... are they...." he whimpered, shaking. He glanced over to the woman he'd made it his purpose to protect for the last few minutes, eyes widened with distress. "We... we're n-not the villains here, right? I-It's just like you said. They were after us! They wanted to take you away! It was- it was us or....or...."

He ignored the fact that Silas had stated he didn't want to harm anybody.
He ignored the fact that Silas had not once used his immense power to cause any serious harm.
He ignored the fact that Malphas could have easily burnt him to a crisp on arrival.
He ignored the fact that this dark figure, who's torso had now welcomed a gaping hole, only stunned Electra when they could've ended the battle right there and then.

He ignored the fact that he was now weeping for someone who, apparently, had wanted them dead.

=Nightshade=

Gray scowled at the demon’s use of the word ‘vermin’, unsure whether it had been referring to the snake or herself, but either way feeling mildly offended. For once, she found herself agreeing with a reptile, finding the demon immediately distasteful even as the python hissed at him. Gray trotted along at the demon’s heels like an anxious puppy, mumbling half to herself. “‘Do it your way’, what does that even mean? Who else’s way would we do it? Mine? I don’t even know what’s—”

Going on, but the words didn’t make it out. As Electra hit the ground, Gray’s voice deserted her, and she took a half-step back. This is so over my head. The odds really weren’t looking good now. She wanted to run. Scurry back into the shadows, again, she thought with a pang of self-disgust.

A sound snapped her out of her thoughts. Gray’s eyes widened slightly, but she kept them facing toward the ground. She didn’t want to look; she knew the sight she’d be greeted with. It had been the unmistakable sound of flesh torn by something far more unforgiving. The only question was whose body she’d see. The demon had certainly not been bound by fear on his way to attack.

He was also… decidedly un-subtle about his entrance, Gray noticed through her shock. Slowly, apprehensively, her eyes raised to take in the scene. Blocking it out wouldn’t make it go away, and she was very much still in danger, even if she wasn’t directly involved yet.

Electra on the ground. The demon, grinning wickedly. A black-robed figure, impaled by a spear, in the arms of another cloaked in white. Gray felt sick, but she still didn’t run. Something held her there, stricken, eyes fixed on the other two like her. The pink-haired man suddenly became extraordinarily human, as his frantic words reached Gray’s ears, echoing unspoken thoughts in her own mind that swirled amidst terror and shock.

Electra had said the demon would be coming to ‘pick them up’, not kill their opponents — Gray still couldn’t quite bring herself to think of them as ‘enemies’, however naive it was — but the teen had just about reached the conclusion that the two were not mutually exclusive. All she could do was hope that their escape would take precedence — and that no one else would die.

DevVoid

( For reference Malphas was in his human disguise while performing the counter to Electra, @Charlotte Pryce . )
Malphas let out a slight grin as the blast of air worked, sending Electra flying skyward and promptly down toward the ground again as Black Sage released a stunning blow of electricity toward her. While he was about to leap out and grab the ex-student, her sudden appearance of one horrified expression is what stopped him in his tracks. And as the janitor of the academy turned around to see what was so horrific that even she would express such vivid emotion, it would quickly reveal itself to him.

The Black Sage, slumped down to the ground from a spear driven through the back by.. a demon..? A.. DEMON?! Malphas' reserved character broke, the veil of relaxation breaking to reveal a furrowed brow and downturned creases of his lips into a gaze that delivered pure hatred and disgust. Not only had he been taught from the very start to treat his lesser 'brethren' with spite, but to see an ally be wounded with such a cowardly attack? To be stabbed from their blind spot?

Why, it just got his Risen blood boiling, quite literally so as the flames within him burst out into a blazing aura like a spark in a forest forming into a wildfire. And just as the air around him was starting to heat up intensely, the very flames that burned around him would consume him, transforming him once more.

" INSOLENCE! "

The Risen was now fully formed into his phoenix dragon form once more, his burning radiance once more displaying itself around his frame in a bright blaze. His body levitated into the sky, his four wings folded in on himself, as if shielding himself.. before suddenly opening again, firing out a wave of burning feathers straight downwards toward the demon like a flurry of blazing knives, ready to give a full-body, non-lethal yet very painful and forceful acupuncture treatment to this new enemy! While this happened, Malphas' beak let out a shrieking roar, one loud and clear command to his corvid minions.

And what this command was would very quickly reveal itself, as all these avian creatures who previously had only been watching their master and the ongoing fights now all eeriely turned their attention to Electra, before, one after another, would all quickly ascend into the skies and spread out before diving in on her position, talons spread out ready to grab her and take her captive. They were not intending any harm, nor were they even trying to aim for the one next to her. But if they got in their way..

..they'd be at least clawed and pecked until they went out of the way.
@RhythmThief

Last edited:
Blitz shared a sentiment to meditation that was very similar to Seraph's. Ugh It wasn't his forte, it wasn't something he liked and yet once again it was integral to a lesson- a lesson he really needed. Cooperation wasn't exactly his strong suit. He was friendly and played nice, taught well even! He was respectful to almost everyone but when it came to working together ... he struggled. Typically he'd just try do everything himself, perhaps this connection training would prove beneficial.

He was glad of the questions being asked. Blitz was as curious as all the others, glancing around to the other students he could possibly react with after connecting to his element. Elemental studies ... still confused him a little. Blitz knew the ins and outs of his own with tremendous efficiency but how it interacted with the others not so much. The rabbit year didn't try and think who'd be the best match, figuring that going in blind would probably be better.

Upon the explanation of the crystal Blitz glanced to Seraph, his attention mainly remaining on Green Sage as his features dropped somewhat. "Or magic" Blitz shared thoughts similar to Seraph but worded them, under his breath and barely audible but still nevertheless. With a sigh he rolled his shoulders, dropping into a sitting position from his crouch and closing his eyes. Time to try meditate again.

(Whoops! Sorry about that. Thank you for the clarification @DevVoid)

Lower Jadewall

Electra ignored Orpheus's blubbering. Gerrik had stepped out of line. That much was true, but right now she needed to focus on getting to safety.

"Call Gerrik off," she said, though her voice came out hoarse. "If we retreat now, there's a chance we can fix this."

Unfortunately, Malphas chose that moment to spring into the air. Damn! The Risen would not be going away empty handed. Electra shoved Orpheus away as Malphas's talons closed around her. The pressure was tremendous, but bearable.

"GERRIK!" She screamed. "I ORDER YOU TO STAND DOWN AND GET ORPHEUS AND GRAY TO SAFETY! OBEY THERE ORDERS AS IF THEY WERE MY OWN!"

The demon doubled over as if he had been stung. This gave Silas a clear opening. The Risen slammed into him and pinned the demon to the wall, but Gerrik would not go down easily. Using his body strength, Gerrik knocked Silas down and attempted to grab Gray and Orpheus quarterback style so he could carry them away.

Meanwhile, Black Sage sputtered and coughed. They were alive! Barely.

"Back to the academy!" White Sage screamed. "If we find Green, there's a chance we can still save them."

So that's it, Electra thought. Just like that, I'm a captive.

She clutched the fool card gingerly in her left hand, a sad smile spread across her face.

Gray, I hope you kept that Hanged Man.

Last edited:

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Lower Jadewall
As he was thrown aside Silas prepared to retaliate when he heard White Sage call out, he nodded and moved over to Electra and hastily bound her hands and feet before hoisting her onto his shoulder to carry her away with them, "Malphas, take Black Sage you can get back quicker, take White Sage as well if you can, I try to get back as quick as I can before I need to change back to normal" he bellowed in his deep voice, made deeper by his transformation. Before starting to run back towards the academy.
@Charlotte Pryce

Tyson immediately raised an eyebrow as Green Sage explained the purpose of the orb, how it was meant to represent seeing that which is unseen... until Seraph spoke up and added how they were also related to chaotic energy which was only confirmed by Green Sage, this made Tyson turn from curious to slightly unsettled as they way both teacher and student reacted as they spoke seemed to mean that they were likely going to tap in to something they shouldn't. Before even more questions could flood Tyson's mind, he quickly shook his head to compose himself and sat down on his knees to begin his meditation.

The moment he closed his eyes, he did his best to remember what his father taught him, the importance of honing the mind as well as the body, the importance of reaching out to others to support each other whether it's offering a hand in battle or connecting elements with each other. ...Speaking of elements, as Tyson's meditation showed signs of improving--his body and face slowly relaxed and calmed themselves--it seems like he felt something within his body, he didn't know what it was, hopefully a potential connection. One thing he did know was that in his mind, he felt like he could hear the echoing sound of a single droplet of water landing in a calm pond.

Meanwhile on Sooeun's circle, one of the items began to react; the aluminum foil on her circle showed signs of changing color, from the glimmering silver it once was to gold.

Sooeun listened to one more question being made, and it was one she probably would have made as well looking at the cloudy orb in front of her. She felt some nervousness creep in at the back of her mind, but tried to focus on the task at hand. They'll be fine with these orbs, right? Since they were here in case someone would accidentally tap into something they weren't supposed to..

Luckily, the Green Sage announced the start of the test which helped Sooeun snap out of her thoughts before too much worry would get hold of her. The young woman crossed her legs and placed her hands on her lap so she could sit comfortably. Closing her eyes she took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. Meditation she wasn't too bothered by and in most cases found it to be calming. It usually went well, but sometimes.. when trying to reach into her powers, things could quickly go astray. Fortunately, today's goal in meditation was something else.

As Sooeun took a moment to center herself, doing her best to ignore her doubts. Letting herself sit in the emptiness, she suddenly felt something. Or heard, but it was the sensation of a gust of wind. Pulling on the thread, she started to feel and sense more. The wind picking up, gray stormy clouds hanging over her head, and then suddenly a golden sheen peeking through the clouds. It wasn't the sun, that much she could tell, but she couldn't make out what was the source of the light either.

Meanwhile back in the real world, the bowl of water in Tyson's circle started to spin, turning into a miniature vortex, the water spilling out over the edges a little bit. Soon enough though, the momentum of the water seemed to plateau with no more water overflowing out of the bowl, for now.

~???~

The shriek was what woke him up. It was desperate, shrill, and ear-piercing. He cried the only name he could think of.

"Aurora?!"

His burgundy eyes danced from left to right frantically until he noticed that one his special gloves, finely crafted to combat his... 'affliction', had been unlocked. Impossible, because only one person aside from Dr. Ashbourne had been told the procedure of how to unlock them.

Movement to his right was what snapped him back to reality, his body language stiffening as a cruel understanding slowly began to dawn upon him.

"Alexander..."

He span around, eyes now on his lover, who's left arm had shrilled and decayed into a dry, grey husk. Tears began to run down his anguished visage.

"No, no, no, no...Aurora...why...?" he whispered, his voice trembling.

"
I...hadn't felt your touch in so long." she spoke softly, brushing the tears away from his cheek with the remaining hand. "So long..."

In another room, a baby began to cry. Alexander dashed toward the bedside table, using his gloved left hand to frantically dial a number he prayed he would never have to. His downtrodden heart soared in gratitude when the other line picked up after a few rings.

"This is Alex. It's- It's happened. Get over here, and quick!"

He tossed aside the device before flinging the bed's quilt over to the side with a strong swing, squinting his teary eyes. Thank goodness; she pulled away her arm in time. The decay wouldn't make it past the arm. She would make it.

Taking a deep breath, he scrambled over to the closet, casting the door aside and hastily dressing himself with one hand in whatever he could find. Lyra was still bawling in the room adjacent, as if she knew what came next, and was desperately trying to change her father's mind.

Now messily clothed in a white shirt with black suspenders, and black suit trousers matching shoes, Alexander dropped over by his lover's side, one last time. Her breathing was labored and panicked, even as her right arm stretched to touch his pinkish hair, savoring every last tactile sensation it gave her.

"Please...don't go. Don't leave me all alone." she pleaded, voice soft and trembling.

He felt his heart rip into pieces; he would give anything just to be at her side. To complain about being on diaper duty again, to spend another summer afternoon on the promenade down the river. To feel her skin on his, her touch calming his ever-racing mind.

Ever since Lyra was born, there was a dull, knowing pain in his heart. he knew he'd never get to see her learn to count, her first heartbreak, her graduation...and yet, he found himself utterly unprepared for the pain of the actual moment to be this deep.

Whatever this affliction was, it clearly had other plans for him. Fate had other plans for Alexander Hawthorne.

"Aurora," he struggled, sobbing. "I will always love you. Thank you for this life you gave me, for our beautiful daughter."

The front door flung open, a mob of footsteps marching up the stairs. They came!

Nodding resolutely, he stood up, marching through the desperate pleas of his other half, towards the window opposite the bed. He had never heard Lyra bawl this long before.

Alexander looked up into the night sky before pushing the window open, inviting the wind to rush through and cause the curtains to dance somberly. Curiously, there were no stars out tonight.

"The Hawthorne Foundation - my family- they'll look after you." he affirmed, tears heavy, trying to convince himself as much as Aurora that what he was doing was the right thing. He perched up onto the windowsill, looking down into the darkness below, into the life of emptiness that awaited him.

Looking back one last time, he forced a sorrowful smile.

"Farewell, my shining light."

And with that, he leaped into the abyss below, leaving behind the cries of his lover, the screaming of his daughter, and the remains of his heart.

~ Lower Jadewall ~

Orpheus' body went limp, his visage expressionless, watching Electra being carried away by their opponents. They lost. After everything, they had lost. Just like that.

He wanted to find the strength to scream- to shout, to cry, to declare to the world that he would "find her no matter what", but he couldn't.

Before long he found himself swept away by a strong red arm, the world bouncing and bobbing as the scene of the battle grew further and further away. He, as useless as he was, was being carried away to safety.

He thought back to the words he spoke to Electra when they had first met; that he would help "prevent history from repeating itself."

He laughed at his naivete. At his stupidity. He laughed and laughed and laughed until he couldn't quite tell the difference between a laugh and a sob.

DevVoid

Another roar filled the air, a loud echo beaming through the air and into the skies. The surrounding corvids ceased their assault and flew in formation back to Jadewall Academy as only Malphas remained. He could not remain in his dragon form, nor could he remain angered. This emotional outburst was quickly dampened as the roaring flames crackled into a mere sizzling of embers, ceasing to be as they consumed him and changed his form to his true self - a corvid-like demon, plumage and keritin alike darker than the deepest points of the night.

The four sets of eyes filled with beaming, piercing light took little time to stare as the Kotengu set himself in motion, running up to the Sages and putting forward his left arm so that they could grab on as he had planned not to fly, but to perform something else. From his lower talons, smoke erupted from his steps, quickly forming into a ring. As soon as the two grabbed hold, this ring would envelop them and transport them to the Academy, leaving behind nothing but a dark-grey cloud of dissipating smog.

Truth be told, Malphas had not believed Black to be out so order so soon. Rather, it was the fact that Black was attacked with such lethality that set him off. Granted, the lecture he and the other Risen had been given about demon-kin seemed to prove itself right with what had just happened, but there are also some who do not appear to mean any harm.. not intentionally, at least. So, quelling his anger fully, Malphas withdrew his pre-emptive judgment and assumed this attack was nothing short of an ally protecting one another - a notion he could agree with. Maybe not to such extent, but one he'd likely act on regardless, if possible.

Words came to his mind, trying to formulate a sentence to be said in this time and moment. Would a question be appropriate at this moment? He supposed he could ask the either of them if they are okay, but given his experience with them, he figured that it would take more than such wounds to bring down these two down. And then.. he had an idea. As soon as they would step in and arrive at the Academy, Malphas had planned to say but one mere thing, ask one mere question to lighten the mood a bit.

" Well, that could have gone better.. lunch, anyone? "

Last edited:
Slowly breathing through her nose, Luna closed her eyes as she seemingly reached out to the items with her mind. The items that responded? The candle, whose flame increased in size; the rock, which seemed to chisel itself into the shape of a cat; and the aluminum foil, which wrapped itself around the rock sculpture. The crystal meanwhile, began to show something as well. Inside, many colored leaves seemed to flutter through the wind before they were scattered by a mighty white tiger with the mark of the king on its forehead.
Sylph on the other hand stood back up, closed her eyes and spread out her arms in her own form of meditation. As she meditated, the twig sprouted roots before growing a couple of leaves, the water began to turn into a small whirlpool and the rock almost seemed to disintegrate into dust. As for the crystal... There was no reaction whatsoever.

=Nightshade=

“Wait, no—!” Suddenly, it was as if time had snapped from a crawl to a race, and in the time it took Gray to take a half-step forward in protest, the thickly muscled red arm of the demon had her under the arms. Her feet left the ground as she was swept along faster than even a street rat like her could run, and she clawed her way up Gerrick’s grip until it no longer felt like she was in danger of being scraped off on the cobbled path. “Electra!” The name rolled off her tongue in an effortlessly articulated cry, though Gray couldn’t recall ever really learning it. This thought, along with the peripherally caught sight of the pink-haired man in the demon’s other arm, slipped easily into the dark backroads of her mind, out of conscious reach.

Some hysterical sounds somewhere between gut-wrenching laughter and tearful gasps were the muted backing track to the ringing in Gray’s ears. Dimly, the realization came that the harrowing sounds were coming from the man who shared her transport. Gray knew she was in shock, but the knowledge didn’t help her snap out of it. She forced herself to blink once, twice, each time opening her eyes to see the alley: nothing, nothing, nothing but the cursed smoke of that damned Risen.

When Gray had left the Dregs, it had been for fear of one day hurting them, or someone else, with these powers she had no real control over. Now, a part of her wanted nothing more than to return to them, to the simple dangers of strangers in the shadows and the knives of the desperate, of near-starvation, and the bitter cold of winter. At least those were dangers she could understand, dangers she could predict, not like bull-demons sprouting from plants or flocks of supernatural crows that could vanish or appear in a heartbeat.

But however much Gray could wish, the greater part of her knew it wouldn’t be possible. Not anymore.

Whoever they had been, they had been after Electra, not her or the pink-haired man, or even the demon. But they had also seen her face, seen her with their prey, seen Electra protect the two of them. Maybe they were happy with their catch now, but there was always a chance someone would grow curious and get greedy. After all, any rat that lives longer than a month knows how to find its dinner; when one takes a pigeon down from its roost, it would be foolish to leave the eggs uneaten. Gray had left her adopted family to protect them from what she might one day become… but it seemed now that was the least of it. She would bring far worse danger on them if she were to return now.

While it would have been nice for Gray’s thoughts to be so articulate, each one flashed through her mind as a vague feeling. Her mind was a whirlwind, but her consciousness was held in the eye of the storm, curiously blank. She felt as though they were moving impossibly fast and agonizingly slow at once. “Where are we going?” she asked finally. Gray wasn’t sure if the words had actually left her, but it was the first coherent question that had formed in her mind in what felt like minutes.

She could feel the comforting weight of a few coins in her pocket… and the sharp edge of a card in her sleeve.

Jadewall Academy

White Sage jerked their head at Malphas, their expression unrecognizable.

"Not hungry." They answered curtly before storming off.

White Sage did not view Black Sage's injury as rationally as Malphas did. It was all the demon's fault. No! Damn the demon. White Sage knew who was really to blame. They had warned Black Sage about the Remnants. It was their own blessed fault they got hurt. Still, White Sage sure didn't want their coworker to die. They raced to find Green Sage. They'd make sure Black Sage got better. And then? Then they'd do what they should have done a long time ago.

Meanwhile, Seraph knew she wasn't supposed to peak, but she couldn't resist. Her brain was too busy to allow meditation to give her any tranquility. She glanced over at the piece of tin foil in her circle. It appeared to be moving, albeit slightly. Maybe it was her imagination. After all, she couldn't tell whether it was crumpling tighter or flattening itself out.

She glanced briefly at the others before her half-opened eye fell on White Sage. They were coming up fast. Their robe, usually a pearl white looked dinged up and dingy. Seraph's second eye creaked open. White Sage ran up to Green Sage and whispered something presumably into their ear. Seraph saw Green Sage's body go stiff. Something was wrong.

"Psst! Psst!" Seraph hiss-whispered, trying to get someone's attention. Her attempts ceased when Green Sage spoke up.

"I'll be right back, students. Carry on!"

Green Sage practically bolted after White Sage.

The two sages rejoined Silas and Malphas momentarily.

"What's the emergency?" Green Sage asked.

As previously stated meditation was not his forte but like he did with any lesson he gave it his all, casting aside his doubts for the moment to achieve the goal set before him. Hunkering down he tried to drown out the world, divert his attention away from his surroundings and fellow students and entirely within himself. With his legs folded he pressed both his palms into the ground, filling his lungs and then emptying them as he continued with his disconnection.

It didn't take long for activity to start within Blitz's circle. The candle dramatically flickered, growing in size with great spurts of intensity before settling into a more tame but sizeable flame. Blitz had no issue with his connection to fire, he'd learnt it tremendously quickly when first arriving at the academy and for years he'd been cultivating it and attuning himself. Through that affinity he'd attempt to reach out to the other's. A small smirk spread on his face, one that fizzled away as his sensitive ears picked up on the sounds of spilling water.

He could hear the spikes in other peoples circle, the growing of plant matter, the ever so gentle crinkle of foil and the sound of water dripping onto the floor. It seemed his classmates were already prospecting while within his own circle ... nothing, no reactions or spikes. It was slightly irksome, he wanted to be compatible- he could think of nothing cooler than combining elemental moves with his fellow students but was there more too it than simply want and elemental efficiency?

Would he have to be open and vulnerable? Combining elements would be a connection, perhaps it needed a connection between the people wielding the elements, open and trusting? That would explain his troubles right now, a trail of thinking he didn't want to get into. Another reason why he didn't like meditation, his mind wandered unpleasantly.

A slightly frustrated sigh pressed out of his nostrils, Blitz's ears picking up on something new. Hurried and hassled footsteps caught his attention, causing him to peel his eyes open and observe the interaction between the Sage's. His eyes only left them once they'd hurried away, Blitz's brow furrowing as he spared any of his fellow students as unpleasant interaction. A sudden sour mood had seized him, the Sage's secrets and sneakiness particularly getting to him right now

He didn't care what the other's thought to do, he was finding out what was going on. If they followed they followed. The rabbit year stood, morphing into his animal as he did so and then quickly hurrying down the path the two teachers had taken. His much smaller shape granted him some sneakiness, the rabbit also sticking to the side of the walkway and any bushes or objects he could hide inside or besides as he followed and observed.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Jadewall Academy
Silas having made it back to the academy with Electra stood gathered with the others, he had shifted back to his regular form and was breathing pretty heavily from exhaustion. He glanced at the sages before clearing his throat slightly "um..where do you want me to take her" he stated motioning to Electra who was laid over his shoulder, he felt kind of bad for how they'd had to get Electra, but he had offered a more peaceful option so he figured, that was the best he could have done. He stood waiting for the sages to respond, his chest rising and falling in large breaths.

DevVoid

It appeared his little attempt at comic relief did not go over well to ease the current tension that's just waning about in the air.. oh well, he should've probably figured as much. Malphas took a look at Black Sage as White left, then to Silas, then back to White as they brought in Green alongside them. Malphas nodded in greeting to Green, before prompting up with his response.

" Well, mission accomplished. We managed to retrieve Electra, but.. not completely unharmed. "

Malphas lightly moved his left arm in order to point to Black with his clawed upper talon, as to make them notice the state of which the Sage is currently in. Despite his face not portraying it due in part to his beak not exactly being the most useful tool for expressions, the Kotengu had frowned.

" White and Black have been injured, with Black having been impaled from behind by a demon. "

His eyes now landed upon Silas and, though his radiant gaze portrayed no pupils or iris to represent just exactly who he was looking at, it was made quite obvious once the black-feathered Risen finished his speech describing the situation that had just occurred.

" A demon that I have belief in that Electra was in charge of.. though from what it sounded like, harm never seemed to be her intention, so make of that what you will. "

Jadewall Academy

"Silas. Take Black Sage to the infirmary." White Sage commanded. "Green Sage will go with you. Between the two of you, you should be able to make Black...comfortable."

They didn't dare say better. Last time White Sage made that promise, it was one they could not keep.

"You should come with us," Green Sage urged. "Based on what Malphas described, I should look you over for underlying injuries."

"I'm fine." White Sage growled. "Besides, who will look after our prisoner?"

"You know, I'm right here," Electra moaned.

"Silence!"

No body bothered to ask if I was okay, the Remnant observed. Why would they? I'm worse than a demon to them.

If she weren't so groggy from the fight and the sudden transport, she would have been shocked that Malphas spoke in her defense. Perhaps, he was being objective now, but later he would come to hate her. Just like everyone else. Electra was sure of that.

"Maybe Malphas can watch the prisoner," Green suggested. "You could use the the backroom in the library, at least until we find something permanent. None of the students will be there."

Lower Jadewall, Electra's Hideout

"I DON'T SEE WHY YOU'RE MAD AT ME!" The demon Gerrik bellowed. Despite appearances, he was not yelling at Gray or Orpheus. He was yelling at the snake.

"YOU WE'RE THE ONE WHO SENT ME TO SAVE YOUR MASTER!"

"Our master," S.J. hissed. These humans may not have been able to speak snake, but Gerrik spoke it well.

"WELL, IF YOU DIDN'T WANT TO SEE A DEMON'S HANDIWORK, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE SUMMONED A DEMON."

This time he was talking to the Remnants as well as Electra's pet.

"SO WHAT NOW? AM I TO BE YOUR SLAVE AS WELL?"