• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP

Indeed Lance's approach seemed to work, as she heard some steps near her and she glanced over to her fellow Obelisk Blue and seemed to have a bit of relief at seeing a familiar face.

"Oh hey Lance, it's good to see you..." Bella said back, though as they walked a few eyes seemed to pass to Bella as it seemed the rumor mill about the dark void on campus and her involvement in it had spread somewhat. Some looks of concern, others relief that she seemed okay but largely confusion over what happened as nobody besides Bella had the full details.

And in that sense, Bella had never felt more isolated.

"Seems word spreads quickly..." Bella mused to Lance as they walked along. "...I hope my situation hasn't caused you any trouble."

----------
"Ahhh, of course. Yeah, didn't miss this."

Zack had decided to get some food before he left for his day, some breakfast was always nice but given he had been a Slifer Red "breakfast" was this barley edible mush that the school passed as food. Probably just some mixed leftovers from the Obelisk Blue dorm if history had been any indication. Zack swore he had seen his meal move as he poked it with a fork and sighed to himself.

"Shocked we haven't had any deaths yet." Zack said as he began to eat what he could of it, course, even among some Slifer Reds some gossip had began to surface about some interesting events the day before. Some sort of attack? Some dark void or something? An Obelisk Blue involved.

Needless to say Zack had become curious. He'd have to do some digging later, that is, of course if he had not died due to his "food" first...

Jira returned his friends smile, matching her energy as she sat down. Another Slifer Red student sat close to them, a shorter guy with black hair, but Jira didn't pay him any mind.
"I thought I wouldn't, but I guess everything that happened wore me out so much I slept like a hibernating kaiju." Jira said. The Slifer Red boy shook his head and took another bite of his food. "I'm still not certain I didn't dream up the whole thing. But then there Lava Golem was, sitting on the top of my desk and staring at me. The card, I mean."

Jira looked back to Willow.
"What about you? I'm sure you were way more hyped up then I was." Jira said to Willow.

~~~~~~~~~

Eatos stayed silent, sitting on the meteorite with her back to Tobias. She seemed lost in thought, and had no more wisdom to offer the Ra Yellow Student.

==========

Lance shook his head.
"The whole situation has been troubling." Lance said. For a moment, his emotioness facade seemed to slip for a moment and a hint of concern came across his face. Although she had been released by the school doctors, Lance couldn't help but to feel concerned about how she was holding up. "Are you okay? How are you feeling?"

Dahlia made her way to the Ra Yellow dorm, entering in and walking down the hall to the dorm rooms. She walked down the hallway, and could feel a few looks from the Ra Yellow students. Some confused, some glares. It wasn't common for an Obelisk Blue student to be walking around the Ra Yellow dorms. Dahlia made it to Tracy's room and knocked on the door.
"Tracy? Hello? You up yet?" Dahlia asked.

Tracy slowly blinked awake, looking around her room blearily. She had fallen asleep on her desk, her computer still open on training sessions and her duel monster cards scattered around her desk. It took her a few moments to identify the knocking noise and muffled voice, but once she did she instantly sat up.
"U-uh, um, yeah! J-just a minute!" Tracy said, quickly moving around her dorm and frantically getting ready for the day.

Willow chuckled. 'Kaijus hibernate? Then again, I suppose most of them are reptiles, so it makes sense." Rolling her shoulders, the Slifer Red student took a bite of her food. "I mean, yeah, but that's partly due to the absolute nonsense I went through that day. Beating an Obelisk Blue and meeting You Know Who? If not for Nerokius, I would be convinced I was imagining it all. Yet I still feel the excitement I felt yesterday whenever I think back, and I kind of want to feel it again."

Turning her head to face Jira, Willow leaned on her arm as she propped up her head. "No offense to you or anyone else in Slifer Red, but I kind of want more excitement in my life. I'm a second year student and students graduate after their third year, yet I am still in Slifer Red. I don't hate it here and I am glad to have met you, but the duels among dormmates can be....one-sided at times. Maybe I should challenge some Ra's instead, see if I can get into that dorm one day. Until then, I am happy to be with you guys!" Willow chuckled, ruffling up Jira's hair.

"Hey, hey!" Jira said cheerfully, playfully pulling away as Willow ruffled his hair. He returned Willow's smile with a grin of his own. At her comment on wanting more excitement in her life, however, his smile faded a little. He glanced around at the other students talking to each other before looking back to Willow.
"I think that want of yours, the more excitement, might be happening. But, uh, not in a good way. Have you heard? It sounds like a student was attacked last night, and now there's supposed to be mercenaries or something on the island? It's crazy..." Jira said to Willow.

Willow's playful demeanor quickly vanished as she learned about the student attack. "An attack? And mercenaries? Who could be behind that? Is it perhaps linked to those raiders that showed up?" The girl stopped eating her breakfast and folded her hands together, the gears in her mind starting to churn. "Odd that mercenaries are only showing up now, do they expect more attacks? How strong are these mercenaries and why haven't we been informed about them? Is the school trying to keep it secret? If so, they're doing a pretty lousy job at that since everyone seems to know about them."

Jira raised his hands cluelessly and grinned sheepishly as Willow asked question after question.
"I, uh... I dunno? I mean, it sounds like it only just happened last night. I'm surprised that the mercenaries were able to get here to quickly, if they even are here. I certainly haven't seen any yet. They might be waiting until this morning to make an official announcement?" Jira said. "I heard they were called the Black Dragons. Another thing to add onto the list of strange things to investigate here. Which I think I want to expand. I mean, if the rumors about a freaking colosseum hidden on the island were true, who knows what other rumors about this academy are also true?"

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
After thanking Eatos for their time, Tobias collected his thoughts and left their chamber. It seemed as though this situation had become more and more convoluted. What was just a rag tag team of dull witted raiders had been evolving into something entirely new.

"Thus the curtain of fate casts it's ebony shadow across the stage of time." Tobias spoke to himself as he walked back. "The players dance behind it's veil, silhouettes clear yet vague. If only one were to penetrate the fabric of this shrouded veil...then this performance would reach it's swift yet befitting end."

"...My, is this really necessary?"

"You must understand. You were at the scene of the crime yesterday, and we have received multiple complaints about this club."

Goule sighed as a couple of black dragoons investigated his classroom. He didn't really blame them, he didn't exactly have the most innocent aura in the world. Even still, this was sizeably bothersome for the undead enthusiast.

"Ah...we'll make it quick if you don't mind. I was planning to go with my peers today. Can't rest easy knowing some people are ransacking my room..."

"My my, I feel SO much safer already!"

Doctor- no, Principle Crowler strode down the halls, confident that his use of school budget was well worth it. Why hasn't he thought of it before? It was so obvious! Now the media couldn't say he wasn't doing everything in his power either, to which he knew they were clambering for a story on this place.

There'd be no more Raider shenanigans going on, not when he was the principle! And it only took the maintenance fund of the Slifer dorms to compensate the dragoons for this quarter, so it's practically free labor!

"Tracy, are you sure you want to do this?" Dahlia asked. The pair of girls entered into the school before classes began for the day. Students from other dorms were slowly trickling in, readying themselves for the start of the schoolday. Tracy nodded.
"I think so. I mean, it's a club at the school, right? It can't be dangerous. Well, too dangerous." Tracy said.
"We just learned yesterday that all that stuff wasn't a bunch of mumbo-jumbo! I mean, it always gave me the creeps before, but now?" Dahlia said. Tracy shrugged.
"Well, now it might be a good idea to try to learn more about it. It's not like the school has classes on this stuff." Tracy said. Dahlia sighed and shook her head.
"I really think this is a bad idea." Dahlia said. Tracy smiled and put a hand on her friend's shoulder.
"I'll be fine. And if you really are that concerned, you could ask about it too." Tracy said. Dahlia grumbled and looked away, crossing her arms.

The two girls turned the corner, and paused in their approach of the Occult Club classroom. They were surprised to see suspicious individuals lurking about around it. Goule was standing outside, but he didn't appear panicked. Or in danger. Dahlia eyed the Black Dragoons with suspicion as the pair approached.
"Um... Hello! Good morning?" Tracy said to Goule and the Black Dragoons. The Ra Yellow girl looked from the mercenaries to Goule with confusion. "... What's happening?"

"Oh...? And speak of the aforementioned devil...!"

Goule's face creaked his unusual, broken smile as the two of girls walked in the room. The pair of black dragons that were inspecting the room returned the suspicious looks, although one couldn't easily determined this through their blacked out sunglasses.

"Ah...as you can see I was simply entertaining my new guests...quite a ghastly sight, isn't it? Heh heh he-ACK!"

Goule coughed before he took a swig from a green vile of unknown origin concealed in his vest pocket. Looking back at Dahlia and Tracy, he read that they were uneasy about the situation too. Something he could relate to as well as the dragoons shifted through his cabinets.

"...Feel 'safe' yet?" He managed to strained chuckle.

Bella seemed to notice the shift in expression as she seemed to feel a weight on her. This whole situation she ended up in yesterday clearly affected her friend, and that had only made it all worse.

"Oh uh, I am, better. Better..." Bella said, which was about all she had to say on that, in truth she still had this bitter attitude about her experience, how her own deck seemed to betray her and do something like that to another person. Even one as vile and far off deserving sympathy as he had been, and that just had added to the conflict she tried to wrestle through. "...sorry if I caused you worry." Bella said, as if she needed to apologize for what happened.

-----
Zack finished his "food" as he quickly reminded himself he needed to try and cash in on something slightly edible in the future, for now though he walked around and just tried to casually listen in on conversations as he had been curious about this big event yesterday and well, he'd be lying if he said he didn't want to know details of this "attacker" on campus.

Dahlia looked around the occult classroom uncomfortably, but Tracy seemed to be more concerned about the mercenaries. Goule's violent coughing got a look of concern from both Tracy and Dahlia, but at least he appeared to be quick to recover. The duel mercinaries appeared more interested in investigating the room then they did the students, and the pair of girls approached Goule.
"Who are they?" Tracy asked.
"I think they're the extra protection I heard rumors about..." Dahlia said quietly. In her mind, they certainly appeared tough. But sometimes, appearances weren't everything.
"Right..." Tracy said, watching the Black Dragoons for another moment before looking back to Goule.
"Well, I, uh, just wanted to check in to make sure you're doing okay. You never showed up at the beach yesterday." Tracy said to Goule.

~~~~~~~~~~

"There is no need to apologize." Lance reassured Bella. He glanced around the hall as the two walked, speaking quietly and making sure others were not listening in. "What happened to you was quite a wakeup call to Doctor... Or should I say Principal Crowler. He hired a group of duel mercenaries to help protect the island. However, I fear that it will not be enough to keep these raiders at bay."

"I would like your help with something. It could be dangerous, and bring you closer to clashing with the raiders once again." Lance said. "If that is not something you wish, I would not be offended if you turned it down."

"Ah...how shameful of me." Goule scratched the back of his head. "It pains me to admit that I was tied up when it came down for our excursion. Apologies. But...I could tag along today if that's o- put that down! It's fragile!"

Goule's voice strained from talking louder than usual, the female black dragoon carefully placing down a case of glass bottles and vials that clattered together after it was put down. The two dragoons, after finding nothing incriminating, simply nodded to each other and made it out the door.

"...I need to take my mind off of this anyway. Perhaps some crisp...cool...air would do my bones some good. You won't mind me presence will you? The rumors say I'm cursed...heh heh..."

He wriggled his fingers in a 'spooky' fashion when he said cursed, trying to mock the rumors, yet not necessarily deny them outright.

"Yeah, I wonder why..." Dahlia muttered under her breath sarcastically. Tracy simply smiled at what she perceived to be a joke from Goule. But then again, he could be serious.
"Well, that's good to hear. I know I certainly didn't have any plans for today, at least not yet. I think it would be fine to have you around!" Tracy said. Dahlia shook her head, side-eyeing the Black Dragoons as they departed.
"Well, Tracy, I'll see you after classes." Dahlia said. Making eye contact Goule, she stared down the Ra Yellow and made the 'i'm watching you' gesture to Goule. Tracy didn't seem to notice it.

"See you, Dahlia!" Tracy said. She turned her attention back to Goule. "So, uh... Goule. I wasn't exactly thinking of joining, but I was wondering if I could get some more information about the occult club?"

"The Black Dragons, huh? Like Red-Eyes Black Dragon? That's quite a name, do they all use Red-Eyes decks? If so, they must have a wealthy background, that card is pretty dang rare." Willow said, her mind running wild with potential ideas. "Say, Jira, how do you feel about investigating the products of the rumor mill? If the colosseum was true, who knows what else exists on this island and what can be found? You might be able to find some more cards to strengthen your deck, and it is already quite annoying to deal with. With some tweaking, I think you could be quite the formidable opponent." Willow admitted, nibbling on her breakfast.

"I genuinely don't think I have a way to deal with your Kaijus if you tribute one of my fusions. Even with battle protection, I still take a lot of damage. Waboku is, like, my only way to regain momentum, and you could destroy it before I could use it. Add Lava Golem to the mix and I might not be able to recover in time."

-----------

"I'm telling you, it is busier than normal. Something's going on."

"I do not care. The less things associated with me, the better."

Bob and Blowback Dragon were making their way to class, though they made a detour past the card shop. Still no Barrel Dragon, which did not help Bob's mood. The Duel Spirit merely clacked its tongue.

"So what I am hearing is that you refuse to integrate in the social structure of this school, shut yourself in your room and be easy to miss. You do realize that's exactly what that guy wants, right? You're letting this Weasel guy get to you."

Bob glared at the spirit with pure contempt in his eyes. "What, you want me to be a social butterfly? Not happening, pal."

The spirit merely chuckled. "No, you're thinking too hard about this. You're a smart kid, but you tend to think too much. You know that Weasel has blackmail and he'll show it to Crowler who will believe it because he's on that man's good side. If you get on hi good side too, that evidence suddenly becomes way less appealing. And it looks like your luck still works, as Crowler is right there."

Barely being able to process what just happened, the Ra Yellow's mind began to churn as he walked up to Crowler. "Professor Crowler." Bob started, unsure where to go with the sentence. In a state of panic, he said the first thing that came to mind.

"I want to join the Black Dragoons."

---------

"If I do this, then add this card, I can follow this line, and then....." Maya was already sitting in the classroom, writing on a sheet of paper. The sheet was already filled on one side, and now the back was victim to Maya's desire to create new strategies and decks. She always had ideas for different decks, yet they rarely actually came to fruition. Her two decks were lying besides her, their respective ace monsters face up and looking at her. Whilst the Phantasm Spiral Dragon deck was powerful, it didn't offer much in the way of versatility. It was mostly a deck that revolved around getting Phantasm Spiral Dragon out and dealing a lot of damage in a couple turns. A hyper-aggressive beatdown deck, a classic type of deck that was her go-to as a kid.

Meanwhile, her new deck revolving around A Legendary Ocean was way more versatile, yet was slower. She could use Levia-Dragon Daedalus to blow up the field and deal a lot of damage, she could use Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls to set up her graveyard and maintain board presence and if she truly desired to do so, she could side into a lockdown variant to stop her opponent from attacking and using A Legendary Ocean's effect to lower the levels of her own monsters to get under cards like Gravity Bind.

So far, she had a beatdown and a more control-focused deck with a stall side deck. It was good, but she wanted more options. A deck that focused more on control than her new deck, and one archetype came to mind. She did always like the idea of ritual summoning, but it was almost never viable unless the deck had a way to consistently get the ritual monster and the ritual spell. Maybe she should look into that archetype and take it for a spin?

Duel mercenaries? That seemed to be a bit of a...strong, reaction. Granted Bella had yet to see these "duel mercenaries" herself but if it was true it did highlight the danger these Raiders posed even if their call to action seemed lacking. Though the focus shifted to that likely inevitability that the Raiders would attack again as Bella felt a shiver before Lance asked her aid in something. Something that would likely put her in the path of these Raiders again, as he warned in advance, and Bella glanced at her belt where her deck rested before she sighed and looked Lance in the eye.

"N-no, no. I want to help. What happened with that Raider, in that...horrible darkness, I don't want anyone else to experience that. If there is anyway I can help stop them from doing what they did to me, what they did to others before me even less fortunate to anyone else I'll do whatever it takes." Bella said, her voice lacked the usual fire she had but her firm resolve in spite of this had been clear. Shaken, but not broken...not yet.

Goule gave a cold, melancholy wave to Dahlia as she left, almost as if he were a haunted mansion animatronic. He then softly wheezed when she gave him a suspicious gesture in return. Ha, she was a nice one. Before he could continue that thought process, Tracy decided to approach him, asking him about his club.

"Oh...? Hm. Well that's a first. Most don't have it in them to even ask." Goule adjusted his tie under his vest. "Well...the occult club explores the paranormal, embracing in the rumors on campus and dives into them, proving if there is any truth to them. ...Thank goodness for that, or else the 'tale of the haunted eggwitch' would still be taken seriously..."

He seemed rather pitied but amused about anyone who believed that rumor. Giving a slightly hoarse breath, he continued.

"As of late, many of wayward souls have stopped by to have their hearts sorted out to success. So there is a sort of demand for it, as you could tell by last night." He pointed a finger up at the air to emphasize. "Often though when we are idling, we have plenty of tea time discussions, it's a very vintage tea as well, you should give it a try sometime. I promise it won't kill you...probably...heheheh..."

Doctor Crowler was in his own little world as he strode proudly around the school grounds. It's only when a student approached him did he slow to a stop. The makeup covered man arched a brow an looked expectedly at the young man, Bob, who stood up straight before announcing his intentions.

"I want to join the black dragoons."

"HAHAHAHA!"

Crowler burst into a fit of uncontrollable laughter. It was like Bob told him the joke of the century. Wiping a single tear away, Crowler started to get a grip of himself.

"You?? A no name student?? Join The Black Dragoons?? Hahaha! I'm sorry to disappoint, but that's just not going to happen!" The professor beamed in an hardly masked superior fashion. "Besides! They are on my payroll, not owned by me. The Black Dragoons are an elite unit that contract their own members. Why, getting a role with them is like Hitting bullseye with a dart while blindfolded!"

Last edited:
Bob was hardly as amused as Crowler, who barely was able to remain standing. "Appalling behavior for a headmaster. For someone who should help students grow, you're doing a good job at crushing their ambitions." The Ra Yellow crossed his arms. "My name is Bob Lerdwich, first year Ra Yellow student and winner of the Tag Team tournament alongside Weasel the Kid. As a student, I am concerned with the safety of this school. There have been two raider attacks so far and the entire school is filled with rumors that an Obelisk Blue got attacked yesterday. I personally find it surprising that the raiders not only showed up twice, but that a student had to get attacked before action was taken."

Blowback Dragon chuckled behind Bob, clearly enjoying the no-nonsense approach. "Oooh, tear him a new one!"

Bob continued, ignoring the comments of his duel spirit. "I want to do my part in keeping this school safe, one attacked student is one too many and we don't know who did it. I believe in my abilities and I am willing to put them to the test if you want a show of power. If something happens to me, I take full responsibility and I require no pay. Surely those terms are acceptable for you, no?" The Ra Yellow raised an eyebrow, waiting for a response. He was in too deep to back down now, so he might as well keep going.

"Thanks..." Jira said, smiling sheepishly at the sudden compliments from Willow. "But you're really smart, I'm sure you would be able to figure out some way of coming back from a move like that."

"I really like the idea of investigating stuff from the rumor mill, for sure! I mean, I doubt it will be as exciting as yesterday's adventure, and I very much doubt we are going to find any more powerful cards like we did just lying around." Jira said. "But I don't think that investigating whatever weird things we stumble across need those things to be fun, ya know? I just like doing this stuff with you."

Jira finished up his food, and realizing what he said turned a little red in the face.
"Uh... A-and Tobias too!" Jira said.

~~~~~~~~~

Tracy quietly chuckled at the mention of a haunted egg sandwich, and she listened as Goule spoke. Exploring paranormal, embracing rumors... It didn't sound too bad. Certainly not as scary as she thought an occult club might be. Tea time sounded nice too. Tracy had not yet heard of the strangeness of the attack last night, and as Goule mentioned last night the Ra Yellow girl assumed he meant what happened yesterday with Bob.

Kill you...?

"Have people, eh, gotten sick from drinking the tea before?" Tracy asked, laughing nervously. It seemed like it was a joke, right? She was having a difficult time getting a read on Goule. Tracy decided to assume that the comment was a joke of some sort.
"I guess that doesn't sound too bad. How often does the club meet? And how many members are there?" Tracy asked Goule.

============

"Hm..." Lance muttered, watching Bella carefully as the Obelisk Blue girl responded. She seemed rattled, for sure. But he could still sense a certain determination to her. Lance nodded.
"Take some time to think about it. It's something that's rather strange, even compared to what you saw with Goule yesterday. And it is not something you'd be able to walk away from easily. If you're still up for it, meet me behind the school at the end of the day. And make sure you are not followed." Lance said to Bella quietly.

Straightening up, Lance smiled politely to Bella.
"Take some time to recover today. I hope you have a good day." Lance said, and began to walk away.

Bella seemed to sigh at this, she was sure her answer was not about to change; she owed people that much to do her part in this fight, but she also had to respect Lance's approach to it and wanting her to think it over as it had been a considerate step on his end.

"I-I will keep that in mind. Thank you Lance, for...for everything. I'll see you later." Bella said as she waved goodbye to her friend as he walked off and kept that mention of meeting before she walked off. She needed something to eat after all she had been through and that perhaps would've let her begin the day on a good foot.

She hoped, anyway.

The absolute audacity of this brat.

Crowler twitched. It was rare for someone to be so brazenly against him like this. Because most knew what was best for themselves. That included not crossing him. The preppy principle grit his teeth as he yelled down at the Ra Yellow.

"Are you out of your mind?! Talking to your teacher- no, your PRINCIPLE like that! I have half a mind for throw you in detention for the rest of the week! No your terms are not 'acceptable'!"

While Bob's message may have rang as good hearted, instigating the man he was trying to request something from probably was not the best idea.

"If you get in trouble, that means that the school would be in hot water for having a student hurt on our watch! I have- I mean, the SCHOOL has a reputation to uphold! Now scamper along and I might consider this a joke in poor taste."

The nerve. Join the black dragons? Ha! What nonsense! I'm not even in charge of who gets to join them. They are mercenaries, not a varsity basketball team! I'm sure they wouldn't accept just any rebellious teenage sob story!

Goule didn't respond to the first remark, simply giving her a crooked smile and a amused look from his sunken in eyes. Not a firm no, but enough for him to be amused by. That's when he was pressed for more answers, to which he put an index finger to rest it on his chin in thought.

"Well for now..."

He looked around once. Twice. Then he flicked his index finger off his chin and pointed it nowhere in particular.

"Just yours truly." He spoke mildly hesitant. "I personally come here all the time but officially? Every other day, 4-5. Though we tend to go...off schedule quite often. After all, wayward souls care little for times, eh?"

He then cocked a withered brow, giving a wheeze, which turned into a chuckle of bemused surprise.

"Heeeh...heh...don't tell me you are actually considering joining? You aren't afraid? Not even a smidge?"

In a way it seemed as though Goule had broken character, usually he freaked people out just by being himself and teasing them with freaky blurbs or talks of curses, but this time it had the opposite effect. That was a first.

Tracy paused, thinking for a moment. Was he really the only members? That seemed kind of... lonely. She wasn't sure she could remember seeing anyone talk to Goule before or after class. He asked if she was considering joining. Was she?
"Well... I wouldn't say I'm not afraid. The whole idea of the occult is... kinda scary. Messing with ghosts and stuff. I never really thought any of it was real, ya know? Or at least, I never really believed that the people who claimed to be experts were." Tracy said. She shook her head.
"Anyway, even if I am a little nervous at the thought of it... I'd still like to learn more about it. Especially since Bob is being haunted right now. I'm not sure I'd like to join, at least not yet. But I would like to maybe sit in on some of the meetings, see what they are like? I mean, if you are okay with that. Its not like I'm a part of any other extra curricular clubs."

Bob's eyelid twitched in annoyance. This man was the most self-centered, arrogant, dim-witted principal in the world. What was it with positions of power and having the most idiotic people filling them? Casting one last glare at Crowler, the Ra Yellow turned around with a head held high, unwilling to show any annoyance at that excuse of a figurehead. As he was far away from the man, Blowback Dragon's spirit showed up again.

"Sooooo, I take it didn't go too well?"

"That stuck-up little man, worrying about the reputation of the school and himself. Hello, it's a bit late for that now! There have been two raider attacks and one of the students, an Obelisk Blue at that, got attacked! If he wasn't so worried about his own hide, he would notice what was actually going on. And to have the gall to call me a no-name, so much for a supportive system." Bob spewed, though it just appeared as if he was talking to himself.

"What do you plan to do about it? Overthrow the whole school system?"

The Ra Yellow turned to face his spirit, determination blazing in his eyes. "I am going to enter that tournament and win it. Let's see how long he can call me a no-name when I become a top student. No one gets to call me a no-name, especially not him."

Blowback Dragon merely chuckled. "Such a weird plan, but sure. Though to do that, you gotta make it to class first. Move your fleshy legs, hup hup!"

-------------

"Eh, it's a deck with more than 40 cards. I only have so many cards that can get rid of a monster and aside from attacking and the effect of Murmilio and Gyzarus, I cannot destroy any monsters with like Fissure. It's by no means perfect, but it got me this far and I am quite attached to it. it sounds dumb, but I cannot imagine me using any other deck or any other strategy. There's just something so simple yet so satisfying about just constantly battling and eventually coming out on top." Willow shrugged, turning to face Jira.

"That's true, guess I got too excited. Yesterday is more likely than not an exception, not the rule when it comes to rumors, but it was an amazing time. If Tobias relaxes a little as well and gets a little less uptight, we could have a cool little club going on." The Slifer girl said, chuckling as she noticed Jira turning red. Though a little confused, she figured it was just embarrassment of forgetting Tobias and said nothing about it.

Bella had taken a seat by herself on one of the lunch tables, a few eyes lingered on her as she tried not to focus on them and enjoyed her food. So much insanity had happened in just the last 24 hours that she had not had much time to process things. If there was one benefit to all of this then it was that the food in the Obelisk Blue dorm was as good a comfort food as any, and while she'd normally scoff at the school class system in place given what she had experienced she had not the spirit for that fight.

At the moment she just tried to go about a regular, normal day. Talks of some school tournament had sounded which Bella had been mixed upon. Normally she'd see it as a good chance to test her skills against new foes across the Academy but after what happened she had this lingering worry her deck seemed to have a mind of its own. Could she really trust herself after that? Could she trust those cards if they truly were alive as Goule's session seemed to confirm?

Agh, this whole thing had been one big headache!

-----------
Zack in turn had moved by the card shop, as his aim had been to retool his own deck after he heard some juicy details of yesterday's events. Weasel had made it clear he expected Zack to enter this thing, and well he had no reason not too but he had his own motive for such a thing. Really, he desired nothing more than to see what the competition would be, this whole event had been one big showcase from Crowler and well if the former student he suspended had won it well that would just be all the egg on his face.

Given the way Croweler had run things, it was likely other students of the Ra and especially Slifer Dorms had operated with this chip on their shoulder. All the better for him~

He worked to buy a couple packs for himself.

Sit in on the meetings? Huh. What a prospect. He hadn't though what the girl might think of she actually did sit in one one of the sessions here. Well, couldn't hurt, no?

"...heh...you sure are a weird one." Goule snorted, despite the irony. "If you wish to sit in, be my guest. So long as you aren't queasy when it comes to the paranormal...that would be rude to them. Heheheh..."

"And so I appear. Like the desert sun rising over the dunes."

In a stalker like fashion, Tobias had arrived behind Jira and and Willow. His arms were crossed and his scarf was covering his mouth as per usual. He stood stoically around the two for a moment before speaking once more.

"You seek to slander me whilst my back is turned..." he muttered to Willow. "But a sturdy bastion shall never buckle under the weight of mere mortal insults, ha!"

"Hoooooooooi~!"

Weasel spoke out in his sing song voice, carrying a tray of food. He brought it down imposingly on Bella's table. She might have wanted some time to think, but it seems as though she wasn't going to get it at the moment. Albeit he seemed to lack his oaf entourage.

"Soooooo, your looking well for a dead girl." Weasel teased. "Hey hey hey, what went on in that mist thingie, huh huh? I want the juicy deets!"

Tracy chuckled nervously with Goule's laugh.
"I suppose it is a little strange. But there's been a lot of strange things happening here lately, you know?" Tracy said. "I... Well, like I said I don't have much experience with the occult. So I guess I'll be finding out whether or not I'm queasy when it comes to the paranormal, when the time comes."
The Ra Yellow girl tilted her head, thinking for a moment.
"You said every other day, right? Is that today, or tomorrow?" Tracy asked.

~~~~~~~~~~

Fissure, hmmm? Maybe that was a card he should add... Willow didn't seem to notice his slip up, which Jira felt a little relieved by. His smile shifted from nervous to authentic as Willow said they had a cool little club going on.
"Yeah..." Jira said.

Tobias suddenly appeared behind them, as he seemed to always do. And just like normal, Jira was caught off guard by it.
"Waugh!" The Slifer Red boy exclaimed, flinching. But upon seeing that it was his friend, he smiled and relaxed. "Hey, Tobias. It's good to see you. Do you want some breakfast? Did you hear about what happened last night?"

"You tell me~"

Goule gesture with a palm toward the table to the far corner of the room. It had a tablecloth, teacups, and a kettle lay neatly on it alongside several empty plates. It looked like it like comfortably support up the six people. Goule brought a withered hand to his face, dragging it across his cheek like he was trying to peel it off.

"Don't worry, we'll make sure the tea is fresh and hot by the time you arrive, after all...cold tea wouldn't make us appealing hosts, would it?"

"Hm...I will locate a flat fried flannel cake with the liquid from the maple." Tobias uttered in typical his confusing speech. "As for the events previously...hm..."

He was reminded of where he was previously, along with Lance, Belle, and that oddball Goule. It was something he was still bothered by, this...shadow game. That they could still be preformed against one's will so close to home. A moment of silence followed, and Tobias thought carefully about his answer.

"I am...aware."

Last edited:
Tracy looked over Goule's shoulder to the table in the far corner of the occult club classroom, already set up for multiple people. Even though he said he was the only member of the occult club. That, combined with Goule's unusual mannerisms and speech, was starting to make Tracy a bit more... apprehensive. We? Us?
"I... I suppose so...?" Tracy replied, seeming a little more unnerved now. "I mean, unless your goal was iced tea..."
Perhaps this wasn't as great an idea after all. But she had said she already wanted to do this. And surely no one acted this creepily by accident, right? Was it malicious?

For a moment, she was uncertain. But the strange mystery of Blowback Dragon haunting Bob... she had to find out more. She swallowed and pushed down her nervousness. She had to be brave! She was supposed to be a duelist, she couldn't let something like this intimidate her!
"Okay. I'll be there." Tracy said, determined. Even if this whole thing was strange, surely she should see what this is like at least once. With that decision made, she continued the conversation.
"Today's Classes should be starting soon. How have your classes been going?" Tracy asked Goule.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flat fried flannel cake... liquid from maple... Jira was able to piece together what Tobias was saying. Pancakes!
"They have pancakes at the Ra Yellow dorm? That must be nice. I haven't seen anything like that for breakfast here. I know on Saturdays they got biscuits and gravy here..." Jira said.

Tobias was silent for a moment, before stating that he was aware of the events of last night. Just... aware.
"Well, have you heard anything interesting? The only thing I've heard is that a student was attacked. Do you think it has to do with the raiders?" Jira asked Tobias.

"It's not slander when it is a fact. You have some silent feet though, or do you have wheels under your shoes?" Willow asked, trying to hide her surprise by the sudden appearance of Tobias. She was glad that Jira managed to de-cypher Tobias' words, as she was still struggling with that. Why he felt the urge to speak like that, she probably would never know. Instead, she decided to sit in silence until she managed to find something worth commenting on. Until that time came, she'd bite her tongue and wait.

Bella snapped a bit as her eyes widened when he slammed onto the table she had been eating at as Weasel seemed to greet her with his usual pep she had come to know him for. Course, given what she had learned of him and off her own experience she had known this was played out for performance but now had not been the time to make mention of that.

"S-suppose I could be worse..." Bella said before he seemed to ask about the details. "...I um, am not in a detail mood sadly. Think I need a day or two for that. Just...seems I got a taste of these "Raiders" invading campus." Bella explained as it seemed to not be an easy subject to discuss the day after.

"..." Tobias deliberated his words carefully. "...I am under the impression that the raiders are without a doubt, responsible. My only regret is that I was not able to find and snuff out the one to instigated all of this myself. However, I must regret to inform that I only have a fragment of the much larger picture. Only those whom have played an active role in the events of yesterday past have vivid memories..."

Considering the raider had been reduced to nothing but a pendant, he knew there was only one other person who knew what happened inside. Bella. Though the poor girl was still recovering, only a cruel vulture would attempt to pry info out of her during this time of weakness.

"Aww, that's no fun. Would have loved to hear about went on in there." Weasel huffed. "Lots would. Ya see, your kinda the hot topic around school right now. 'The mist girl.' Your all popular now, and all you had to do was almost die. If I didn't know any better, i'd think it was staged..."

Weasel rolled his fingers on the table. His eyes were hidden from the shadow of his hair as he looked downward at the food before him. That's when he grew a wide grin and flipped his face up.

"Juuuuust kidding~" he beamed. "Buuut I was half right ya know. Your the most popular victim on campus. Not exactly the type of reputation a aspiring 'hero' would want, huh? Kinda ironic ain't it? Hehe!"

"Hehehe...then we will make sure to deliver you a warm welcome. Well, as warm as able anyhow."

Goule clapped his hands together softly, almost like an old grandmother. One couldn't quite tell what he was thinking. If he was genuinely interested in new members, or if he was trying to scare him off. Maybe this is why others gave him a wide birth.

"My studies...will be done eventually, when the time comes. My priorities are in order, I assure you that..."

Procrastination. It seemed to treat all equally, even freakshows like Goule. Goule had a habit of skipping classes often, normally under the guise of being sick. Which if one were to look at him wouldn't exactly be far fetched.

Zack seemed to look through cards he had gotten in a pack and well, it had mixed results. Some good but most well...he might get a decent deal on the trade scene if he played his cards right. He set them aside as he walked down the hall and seemed to hear a voice as someone appeared to be in a discussion with...themselves?

Soon enough he saw the student, Bob and this caused Zack to grow a slight sly grin.

"Seems you are spirited~" Zack mused as he spoke up to bring attention to himself to Bob as he walked by him. "Something got you excited?" Zack mused given that, from his POV, he had been talking to himself unaware of the duel spirit that had been around him.

---------
Bella frowned a bit, course after such an event Weasel had come and tried to dig what juicy info he could as he seemed to live up his name the more she had gotten to know him. Still, even as she had been in a recovery state and even as Weasel began to pipe the idea of Bella and her "heroic" status in doubt given her perilous newfound fame she had not been prepared to fold completely.

"I appreciate the concern. I'll deal with how I am seen day by day, I can't control that." Bella replied back before she sighed and looked at Weasel. "I am a bit curious how chipper you seem to be about all this. I figure with these Raiders about, you would be worried they could attack the school again...perhaps even you." Bella said, as she somehow doubted he was oblivious to this fact given they seemed willing to attack about anyone on campus.

Bob snapped out of his musings, his eyes meeting Zack. Great, just the person he did not want to meet. Still, it was in his best interests to not attract suspicion. "Something or someone, Crowler's being Crowler again." The Ra Yellow said, clearly not amused. "I asked him about the incidents and he got mad that I called out his tardiness. Great headmaster, he cares more about his own skin than his students. If I was stronger, I would challenge him to a duel, make him put his money where his mouth is."

The spirit of Blowback Dragon looked at Zack, remembering the duel against him. "You seem to have a habit of drawing in people who frustrate you. Didn't he say something about being a source of information? Try asking him what he knows." They said before vanishing into their card.

"Do you know what's going on here? I'd be lying if I said that these occurences didn't make me suspicious of what is actually going on." Bob asked, leaning against a wall.

"Worry? Why would I worry..." Weasel started off before he leaned his back on the lunch table, poking up at Bella's cheek. "...When I got a hero protectin' me! If you could beat 'em once, you could do it again. And again. And again andagainandagainandagain-"

Catching himself out of breath, he leaned back up, plopping himself back noisily in his seat.

"Besiiiiides, how many times have they been repelled? Thrice? At this point their credibility is mud! If they can't take out a kid all alone, what else can they do? Naw, I ain't worried about that."

That's when he pointed his index finger right at Bella's nose, his eyes focusing on hers directly.

"...Y'a ever stop and ask yourself why? Why you were targeted in the first place? Out of the whole school? Why send one man to target one girl? Highly specific, no? Ever think for a moment that they might have a reason for that? Hmmmm??"

Last edited:
Bella seemed to frown as she shifted her cheek away even as he poked at its direction. Yeah, this little performance of his would've been charming had he not used it for his own nefarious ends or int his case, as a means to get under the new Obelisk Blue's skin. Seemed he was less than concerned given all the attacks thus far had been thwarted to varied degrees though his callous overlook of students who had comas right now seemed to be a bit of a malicious oversight on his end.

"Even so they are dangerous. I figure just looking at the nurse's office would've told you that." Bella reminded Weasel before he casually asked "hypothetically" of course why she of all students had been among the attack targets. Why did he just seem so smug about all this?

"I figure being a new student he probably had taken me as an easy target. Unless you had another theory." Bella asked back.

----------
"Ah Crowler having the stick up the ass? Glad some things never change~"

Zack seemed a bit amused as Bob had come out heated from Crowler, it had been a relatable feeling given a few insults from the man at a constant basis had been enough to get himself suspended for half his first year. "I admire the ambition to wanting to put him in his place, I know you have my support in that venture, would be great to see that smug lipstick of his be wiped off his face~" Zack seemed to express sincerely.

When asked what he knew Zack seemed to grin a bit as he folded his arms over his chest.

"Oh~? I figured you seemed to hate me so much you'd never ask me that. Am I growing on you?" Zack mused with a grin before he followed up his comment. "Depends on what you want to know."

"I still don't know what your deal is with Weasel, and frankly I do not care about what you do in your spare time. Just let me live my life. I don't hate you, I just dislike burn strategies. The thing is that FIRE monsters typically revolve around a burn strategy and that just is not a game I plan on playing often. Typically a burn deck also plays floodgates and I want to actually play the game, not just sit around and wait." Bob said, waving his hand around as he talked.

"I just want to know what everyone wants to know. Why did these raiders show up, what do they want and why is the school trying to keep this under wraps? Why not be honest? If Crowler had any braincells left, he'd have reported the first act of the raiders and scaled up security to show the school takes things seriously. Now someone got attacked and the school's in red alert. This could have all been handled way better if Crowler cared about more people than just himself."

"Me? Nah, I'm just spitballin.'" The immature boy stuck out his tongue for a second. "Just seems reeeeeeally weird, no? Just sayin', though I wouldn't let your guard down chicky, if they know you put down one of their finest, they'll try and get revenge, dontcha think?"

Weasel pondered, tapping his index finger on his cheekbone a few times. Inwardly, he sneered, knowing she was already shaken up about the whole incident. The threat of future direct targeting sounded like a juicy weakness.

"But like, your a hero, right??? Bet you could beat like, a whole bajillion of 'em!"

"I don't think you should be the type to look down on other dueling strategies. It's not exactly a point of pride to be beaten, not by being genuinely outplayed or just outgunned, but by actual luck. Least my burn cards don't come down to a coin flip or a dice roll to get beat. Screwed not by RNG isn't a flattering display." Zack mused as he had an eyeroll as he dismissed his style when he had been an unashamed gambling duelist which Zack had seen as not much more "respectable" if that word had been tossed around.

"Being back on campus recently I don't know all the details, but I have heard some gossip around campus. And more importantly I know Crowler well, and if word got out students were being hospitalized under his watch and our security is so pitiful they can do this multiple times his chances of keeping his new promotion go up on smoke. He's a coward at his core and owning up to his failings is far from his to do list." Zack mused as he offered his own theory as to why the school had tried to keep word of these Raiders on the down low.

---------
"And you know that this one was "one of the finest" how?" Bella asked, as Weasel seemed to least believe this guy had been a respected member of his group. Not that she disagreed with the need to have their guard up.

"At the moment I am just happy I got through one, the important thing is that if these Raiders won't stop coming we'll need to prepare as a student body to protect each other. This tournament could be a good way to help students raise their game." Bella mused though she had...her own reservations on competing. Before yesterday it would've not even been a question, but after her duel for her very soul she had reservations.

Last edited:

"Pffft, ain't like they are sending some no name to do a solo mission. Nah nah, has to be someone that's a big deal. Like uh...ooh! Like an Agent Smith!"

Weasel popped his finger guns at his Matrix reference. It was then that Bella steeled herself, wishing for their morale and spirits to grow stronger with this upcoming tourney.

"Oh? Still going through with that are we? Coolz! I might dabble in there myself, we'll see. After all, a friendly rematch wouldn't be terrible, nah?" He chuckled with a wink.

"Don't blame me for having bad run-ins with burn decks, atleast you're not playing stuff like Level Limit - Area B." Bob said, huffing as he looked at the ceiling. "Say what you want, atleast it is more interesting. I do have to admit that your strategy is more reliable though, not bad for someone in Red. Guess there are some decent duelists in there after all. Maybe you can make it to Blue just to spite Crowler, who knows?"

"So we are supposed to trust someone to protect us when he doesn't even care about us? At this rate, I might as well drop out and wander the world myself. I can live without a degree in card games if any random lunatic with a desire to hospitalize students can just walk in. See how he reacts when students start leaving this dump because of his bad security." Bob originally meant it as a joke, but it planted a seed of doubt in his head. Why would he stay if people just got attacked out of nowhere? It was just not logical.

Bella raised an eyebrow as Weasel seemed to be a bit too upbeat about this, course given she presumed he and yet to meet one of these Raiders in person she figured this playful cockiness had been born of ignorance.

"Suppose it is a wait and see thing for me. For now I am just hoping this tournament helps teh students as a whole raise their game to prepare for a future attack if it comes. We all need to be ready, even you." Bella had said with a bit of seriousness to her tone, as even if she disliked Weasel and knew he had been a prankster who caused problems for everyone even he didn't deserve to lose a soul over it.

----------
"My deck is around a simple aesthetic: What I can afford, and what I prefer to do. Fire decks just happen to work in both areas for me~" Zack mused a bit giving some insight into why he had adopted such a deck. "To be honest the burn cards are just a side dish if anything, and hey if you or my opponent can't handle the heat I'd say it works its intended purpose." Zack mused a bit before Bob seemed to reach to his presumptions about Crowler.

"Eh I ain't gonna let some random punks spoil my path. I will be a pro duelist and graduating with this degree is the surest way to get there, if they want to try and mess with me well I ain't gonna be a bitch." Zack mused, as he seemed to have the attitude of not letting the fear of what may come affect what he planned to do. "Crowler will act when his own personal interest is at stake, the fact one of his precious Blues was picked as a target might be enough to sway him to take this seriously. If one of them decided to try and take him out directly I am sure he'd be crying to Kaiba right now." Zack mused with a chuckle.