• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
The Blue Eyes twins salivated over their fresh kill, their cracked bodies yearning for more monsters to fall by their hands. As Bella drew more cards at the start of her turn, her opponent spoke up.

"I wanted to give you a clean death, kid." Shantenzu warned. "You are just making it more painful for yourself. What the shadows want, they will take. Can't you hear 'em?"

He cupped his ear to the swirling darkness, faint whispers and voices heard throughout the toxic miasma of black. His bloodshot eyes darted back to her, his grin returning.

"Either you will die, or you will be a killer kid. Those are your only options. And the longer it takes, the more they bite. They are hungry, don't you want to satisfy them? Give me my turn!"

Shantenzu's Life Points: 2400
Hand: 2
field: Blue-Eyes white Dragon X2 (3000 ATK / 2500 DEF.

The darkness lit up once again, revealing the silloheutte of the Blue Eyes White Dragons once again. Goule expressed his doubts, but Tobias remained confident in whoever was dueling. Lance simply stayed silent and stared at the darkness. His cool, unbothered expression never changed, and he kept his relaxed air about him. But his right hand began to clench into a fist, then relax. He wanted to do something, but he needed to remain patient. Now was still not the time or place...
"As long as this darkness remains, I choose to believe that it means whoever is in there is still going on." Lance said. "We'll just have to wait and see..."

Bella had a shiver with that, this whole death game was so twisted and the fact this man seemed to revel in it disgusted her to her core. But, she had felt that familiar shiver, Dark Law she guessed trying to ease her as she focused on her game.

"My turn, I draw!" Bella called out as she scanned her hand and field and seemed to have some idea of what to do.

Bella's Life Points: 2600
Cards on Field: Masked HERO Divine Wind, Face-Up ATK Mode (2700 ATK/1900 DEF)
Cards in Hand: 2
Cards in GY: 19

"First, I'll place Divine Wind in defense mode...." Bella said, as her battle-destruction immune Masked HERO shifted to a kneeled guarded stance. A safeguard against the two powerful Blue-Eyes.

"I thin Summon Masked HERO Ray, in Attack Mode!" Bella called out as that raw of light shinned and soon the golden hero emerged as he seemed ready for battle. But as soon as he had, a familiar shinning mask had been placed on its face as once more the holographic image of Mask Change revealed itself.

"I think you know where I am going for this, so I'll cut the formality and just reintroduce you to a familiar face. I activate Mask Change and use it so summon Masked HERO Koga!"

Soon the HERO had been consumed in light, before another golden champion descended and its retractable blades shimmered even in the dark void.

"Since I guess you have a decent memory, you should know its effect. For every monster you control, Koga's ATK increases by 500 points." Bella said, as a golden shine had come over Koga and thus its power raced even higher.

Masked HERO Koga
3500 ATK/1800 DEF

"I will then attack one of your Blue-Eyes with Masked HERO Koga, Golden Cross!" Bella called out, as Koga seemed to retract one blade but had the other extended before it dashed and aimed to behead one of the great dragons with a dashed slash.

"Oh yeah?? And what are you going to do with him?" He spat. "I got TWO dragons dumbass! You pick one and then you die on my turn!"

The dragons appeared to step away from each other, one slumping over to the left while the other crawled to the right. Like raptors hunting prey. If Ray could only kill one of them, that left a pretty big chance that Shantenzu could wipe the field his next turn...

"Even if I kill one dragon. That leaves your Blue-Eyes even with my HERO. And if you sacrifice it to take out Koga, then Divine Wind will finish you on my next turn. Destroy the one on the left!" Bella called out as she didn't seem intimidated by the threat.

Koga dashed at high speeds as it aimed to behead one of the dragons with a slash across the neck, and once it fell 500 points of damage would be dealt towards this Raider. At this stage ever LP had been crucial as Bella aimed to move a step closer to escaping this nightmare.

"It's your funeral chick- NGH!"

Koga landed it splicing move, the zombified dragon to the left having their head decapitated from their body, the disembodied head flying past Shantenzu as it and the body shattered, his life points ticking down as it did so.

Shantenzu's Life Points: 1900

"Ya done yet?? Your pissin' me off kid! End your damn turn already!"

Bella seemed to smirk a bit, he had began to get more frustrated the more his life points seemed to drop. Good, if he got mad he'd get sloppy and that would only lead to a net positive for the Obelisk Blue.

Course with the destruction of the one Blue-Eyes Koga's attack decreased to an even 3000 but still had strength that matched his remaining Blue-Eyes. If Bella managed to take that one out his life points would be open for Divine Wind to finish. Victory had seemed to be within her sights.

"I'll end my turn there." Bella declared, as she just had to endure whatever he laid out here and she'd be in decent position.

Cards on Field: Masked HERO Koga, Face Up ATK Mode (3000 ATK/1800 DEF), Masked HERO Divine Wind, Face-Up DEF Mode (1900 DEF/2700 ATK)
Cards in Hand: 0
Cards in GY: 21

"You think you won already?? I won't be walking out without your soul, one way, or another!" He proclaimed, drawing a new card, eyeing it devilishly before glancing back at his foe. "You underestimate what even an injured Blue Eyes can do! The strongest monsters in the game won't go down to a buncha damn cosplayers! I play the spell card Burst Stream of destruction!"

The spell card revealed itself, along with it the Blue eyes flanking the Heros began to charge up a bright blue energy in their mouth.

"The Blue eyes can overcharge its attack, destroying all monsters you control! Should have stayed in your lane!"

That's when the Blue eyes fired a powerful energy blast that would encompass the entire field of Bella's. Stopping attacks was one thing, but could she stop this?

field: Blue-Eyes white Dragon. 3000 ATK / 2500 DEF.

Bella's eyes widened as now her field was set to be wiped out, as the spell card channeled a tremendous power within his Blue-Eyes and fired a destructive surge of white lightning. Bella knew she could not save both her monsters, but she had not been prepared to make it this easy for this Raider.

"I activate my face-down card! Form Change!" Bella called out, as a holographic image of her spell revealed itself and soon Koga had been consumed in a white light.

"This card allows me to add 1 Fusion "HERO" monster on my field to return in my extra deck, and summon a new "Masked HERO" from my Extra Deck so long as it has the same level but a different name." Bella called out, and just before Koga could be wiped out he vanished in a blink of light, while Divine Wind had been destroyed by the powerful force. Soon in its place the light return and presented a new HERO Bella had called fourth.

"I Special Summon Masked HERO Dian, in Defense Mode!" Bella called out as an earthly warrior in silver armor with a blue cape and sword appeared and assumed a defensive stance on what remained of her field.

Masked HERO Dian
3000 DEF/2800 ATK

"Tch, one hero. That all that you get that stands between you and annihilation. Next turn. You die kid. Next turn, your soul is mine!"

After he barked this threat, he ended his turn, scowling at Bella's side of the field. Everything else was wiped by his dragon, which dripped it's rotting skin on the ground in wet splotches of decaying matter. It was only a matter of time before it destroyed everything and everyone again.

Bob had taken to pen and paper to assign roles to people. If he was supposed to be Gagagigo, who were the others? Marauding Captain was probably Tracy, as the one who helped him at his darkest point. Blazing Inpachi was harder, but it was a minor character anyway. Invader of Darkness, that had to be Weasel, no? The big bad villain that he'd eventually beat? But who was Freed? Who was the person he'd keep fighting and keep getting struck down by? Was that also Weasel? If so, then things did not match up. Freed was never the villain, he just defended himself from an attacker. Was it someone he had yet to meet? Was he looking too much into the ramblings of a spirit?

Throwing his pencil down on the table, the boy shoved his chair away from the desk before getting up and leaving the room. "Come, I need your help." The Ra Yellow said, Blowback Dragon's spirit following right behind. "Since you can see cards, I am going to use you to find specific cards in card packs. Barrel Dragon, The Dark - Hex Sealed Fusion, Gatling Dragon and Ultimate Offering. Got it?"

Blowback Dragon chuckled. "Oh really? What's got you so motivated? I get that you want Barrel Dragon and Gatling Dragon, and Hex Sealed Fusion makes sense as a back-up, but why Ultimate Offering? Is there some kind of symbolism or personal growth that I am not seeing?"

Bob repressed a groan, he was this close to smacking the ever-living ectoplasm out of this ghost. "No, now shut up and let me finish explaining. Ultimate Offering is a trap that lets me pay 500 life points during my main phase or my opponent's battle phase to normal summon a monster from my hand. This is not once per turn, and tribute summons are on the table. In case I don't have Machine Duplication and a target in hand, I can use this in combination with my gadgets to thin my deck and refill my hand. If I open a single gadget with this trap, I can potentially get Barrel Dragon and Blowback Dragon on the field."

Blowback Dragon whistled a single tone. "Alright, mister Big Brain. How do you plan on fusing Barrel Dragon and me? To my knowledge, you don't have like Polymerization. Surely though, you have a way around that, no?"

"Funny that you say that, because I do have a way to fuse the two of you. Power Bond. Using that spell would give Gatling Dragon an attack of 5600, which is more than enough to beat over anything I can face. However, that card has the drawback that I take damage equal to the fusion monster's original attack in the end phase. As big as Gatling Dragon can become, 2800 burn damage is quite a lot and can end me before I finish my opponent. That, and Barrel Dragon and Power Bond are both pretty heavy bricks if I do not have both ready. The Dark - Hex Sealed Fusion can atleast be normal summoned to get Gatling Dragon out. Still, it's a decent side-deck option I guess."

As the duo arrived at the card shop, Blowback Dragon wasted no time diving through the card packs, pointing out packs that had the cards that Bob was looking for, with a single exception. Barrel Dragon was nowhere to be seen. Still, the other cards were more than enough for him. As they left the card shop, Blowback Dragon spotted an anomaly on the grounds, but Bob did not want to investigate. He had enough of today and just wanted to edit his deck, not investigate weird stuff that probably involved Weasel in some way, shape or form.

Jira sat on the floor of his room, crosslegged and staring at the various cards scattered about. Today's duel had been... well, it had been close. If his opponent, that Obelisk Blue, hadn't thrown the match, it would have been doubtful that he could have pulled off a victory. Both Willow and Tobias had been able to handle their opponents, with Willow seeming to handle her opponent with ease and Tobias matching his blow for blow. Meanwhile, he had barely been able to keep his head above water. He couldn't but to think back to what Tobias had told him, back when they lost the Tag Team Tournament.

There are consequences to failure...

The duel today felt more like a defeat than a success. A superior enemy deciding that he wasn't worth finishing off. It was just a game... right? Did he really deserve the reward the arena had bequeathed him? Lava Golem. Jira picked up the card, turning it over in his hands a getting a general feel for it. It was an older card. A destructive creature, like many other kaiju. One that had been tamed by man? Possibly. Lava Golem or not, Jira needed to figure out how to improve his deck. To his right, a pile of used cards he had bought in bulk online. It was certainly a scattershot if any good or bad cards would be in it, but just having more cards would be a good step. Jira began to sort through the pile of cards, looking to see if any good cards were included.

There were many cards that weren't incredible. Plenty of Dark Artists, Garma Sword Oaths, and Unfortunate Reports. But occasionally there was a good one. Jira stopped flipping through the cards to look at a monster he hadn't seen before. A level 6 rock monster, Power Giant. It certainly looked very cool, like a Gundam or Megazord. It seemed to fit in. With a smile, Jira added it to his deck.
"Just you wait..." Jira muttered to himself with a sharp-toothed grin. "I'm gonna catch up..."

Bella was in a tight spot, but she worked to not allow the venom of this Raider get her down. The Obelisk Blue Student knew she had a formidable wall to hold back Blue-Eyes' attack. She just needed to get the right card to flip on the attack and she'd be in a good position. Her spirit had not broken yet.

"My turn, draw!" Bella called out, as she drew a card and seemed to quickly place it in her Spell & Trap zone as a holographic image of a face down card had risen behind her Masked HERO.

"I set one card face down, and end my turn." Bella declared as she prepared to endure whatever next strike was to come from this fiend.

Cards on Field: Masked HERO Dian, Face-Up Defense (3000 DEF/2800 ATK); Face-Down Spell/Trap Card

The angered man drew a card, set on following through with his sword. His eyes glazed on the card, before sliding to Bella.

"You killed my blue eyes. So I'm going to kill your monster, no matter your face down! I play the spell card: share the pain! This card allows me to tribute one monster to immediately tribute one of yours! There's nothing you can do to stop your hero from suffering a terrible death! Watch 'em scream!"

The melting dragon roared as it sprinted toward the hero. As it's body decayed, it would aim to clamp down on them, forcing them both to rot into the same shared grave.

This grizzly fate befell her Masked HERO as it was tackled by the melting Blue-Eyes as the cries of both monster and warrior filled the air as both melted into goop and Bella had been forced to tribute the once defense she seemed to have as now both Duelists had a sickeningly bare field which caused Bella's sweat to roll down the side of her head.

At the moment tension seemed high and Bella seemed defenseless.

Cards on Field: Face-Down Spell/Trap Card

As the gruesome scene unfolded, the raider wasn't finished yet, he plucked a card out of his hand and placed it down in his backrow.

"Now I activate the spell card: Wizeman's Chalice! This card allows me to special summon one card from YOUR grave to use as my own! Guess who I'm bringing back?"

Out of the graveyard, Masked HERO Ray lurched out of the darkness, clambering forward onto Shantenzu's side of the field, turning his head up to face Bella.

Masked HERO Ray: 1800 DEF/200 ATK

"Familiar face, eh? Not just that, but I'm going to equip it with this card, megamorph, doubling it's attack power!"

Masked HERO Ray was surrounded by a cyan aura as it grew gigantic in size, it's attack and defense dramatically shifting in turn.

Masked HERO Ray: 3600 ATK / 400 DEF

"Ha! Now using your own hero, I'm going to make him do the final blow and KILL you, once and for all! HERO, do your thing already! Betray your master!"

Ray had a haze over it, unable to think for itself. It raised it's hands, charging up a Ray of Hope before unleashing it toward their master.

Last edited:
"You fiend!" Bella called out, a visible frown and nerve as this mad man had one more trick up her sleeve. With nothing on her field to protect herself, one of Bella's own Masked HEROs had been used by her foe. Revived from the grave and made to serve its new cruel master. To make matters worse his foe used a magical equip card to double the power of the Masked HERO; granting it more than enough power to wipe Bella out!

The tide seemed to shift to his favor, and as he tried to finish her off with her own monster, as Masked HERO Ray charged with a glowing fist as he prepared to finish off Bella for good. However...

"I won't lose here! I activate my Trap Card, Damaged Mask!" Bella called out, as the holographic card flipped over and suddenly from it a new monster appeared, Bella's faithful partner Masked HERO Dusk Crow!

"This card allows me to Special Summon 1 "Masked HERO" monster from my Graveyard, but it is destroyed on the End Phase. I summon Masked HERO Dusk Crow, in defense mode!" Bella declared as Dusk Crow had taken a knee and raised a guard prepared to put itself as a wall before the buffed up fellow Masked HERO.

Masked HERO Dusk Crow
1000 DEF/1200 ATK

"...!"

The thug didn't expect the trap to be used after he destroyed the only monster she had, summoning up Dusk Crow. HERO Ray blasted the weaker ones into bits, floating down with a twitch.

As Shantenzu ended his turn, his looked towards the spell card, Wizeman's chalice. The effects of the Chalice the HERO Frank wore off, Ray floating over to Bella's side of the field, it's attack reducing in turn. Seemed that it only kept the Hero for one turn.

Masked HERO Ray: 3600 ATK / 400 DEF.

"..."

He wordlessly ended his turn. It was uncharacteristically silent for loudmouth like him. That is, until you saw what he had: nothing. His hand was empty, no field of any kind. He was wide open.

Last edited:
Bella herself was silent. Seemed he was so committed to finishing her that he disregarded the negative effect of his spell card should he have failed to do so. However, she was far from in the mood to boast.

"My turn, draw..."

Cards on Field: Masked HERO Ray, Face-Up ATK
Cards in Hand: 1

Bella spoke with an almost defeated tone, even if she seemed in position of victory. And after all this monster had put her through, wasn't that enough reason to celebrate? He had no backrow, no hand and no tricks to save himself...the duel was hers. It mattered not what she had drawn as her beefed up Ray had more than enough power to finish him in one strike.

But, if what he said was true, if the loser of this duel was to end up like the others in a coma...their very soul stolen from them, Bella had not been sure she was prepared to do that. Still, she tried to suck it in and do what needed to be done to end this nightmare as she faced the monster who made this prison.

"With Masked Hero Ray, I attack..." Bella had began to say as she entered her Battle Phase, but as Ray powered up his right fist to strike, but even as Bella tried to work up the nerve...she had found herself hesitant to finish it. To take another man's being, that basically was their life? Bella was not the monster this Raider Shantenzu was. There had to be another way, maybe a mutual surrender could save their lives, and he can answer for his crimes another way?

However, in this realm, where the game had become more than that, Bella's words were enough for a certain spirit.

"Ray of Justice!" Masked Hero Ray called out much to Bella's shock as it shot ahead and seemed to almost commit to the decision for her, as it raced with high speeds to Shantenzu and aimed to deliver a clear strike to his chest to finish this duel!

Masked HERO Ray
3600 ATK / 400 DEF

This was supposed to be a quick win. Something to just nab and go home like a grocery list. But this? THIS?? This was unacceptable. So as Bella was about to declare their attack, Shantenzu pointed in her direction, attempting to interrupt.

"Nah, Shantenzu ain't going' out like a punk!"

That's when he revealed a pair of brass knuckles stowed away in his pockets. With them at the ready, he threw his duel disk to the ground, running toward her with his drawn out weapons. If he beat her to a pulp before she declared An attack, then there wouldn't be anything she could do!

But it seemed that the HERO itself acted on it's own accord rather than obeying orders. So as he leaped to clobber her upside the head, a bright beam of light hit his chest, stopping all his momentum and knocking the wind out of him. As it hit, the beam expanded encompassing him with a bright white flare of light!

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Shantenzu's Life Points: 0
Penalty Game.

As the light disappeared from the attack, so did Shantenzu. Instead, a black vacuuming wisp was being drawn in toward something that dropped from him. The object clinked down on the floor. It was that necklace he was showing before! The amulet finished vacuuming up the wisp as it began to glow a vibrant blue. It soon became clear. The amulet absorbed his soul instead of hers.

With that, the cloud lifted to the outside as the surroundings came back into view. She was soon met with several security staff and onlookers, who had tried to contain the area. Lance, Tobias, and Goule were amongst them, who were relieved to see Bella in one piece.

How fortunate that my faith wasn't misplaced... Tobias thought to himself. But...I was ultimately powerless to stop anything on my end. In this sense my role has been a failure. I need to prioritize the safety of everyone here over...temporary pleasures. Eatos must be informed of this.

Last edited:
Bella looked on horrified, she had not even noticed that this man tried to physically pummel her to avoid his fate as her HERO seemed to act almost entirely on its own to deliver the finishing blow.

The HERO glanced back at Bella, it had a sympathetic look even if the mask obstructed it to a degree...but it knew this needed to be done.

Slowly the darkness faded, the shadows faded around Bella as the man's cries as his soul were sucked had registered in her ears and hung. She was safe, the duel had been hers and all seemed well as she managed to escape the shadows with her soul intact. Yet through it all Bella had felt like anything but a winner as the Obelisk Blue fell to her knees.

"W-why....why..." Bella had said to herself, almost a whisper as she glanced at her Duel Disc and tears seemed to roll down her cheeks. As she glanced at the prone body of Shantenzu was in her gaze the weight of what she felt she had done hit her all at once...her tears make no mistake had not been for a monster like him, but rather had been on the fact that the "heroic" student had taken the very soul of another and one thing had become clear.

It had been more than she could bare at one thing, and sat on her knees as she silently sobbed over what she had done.

The shadows began to clear, and Lance tensed himself for what he was about to see. Indeed, one figure was standing over another... but the one standing wore the familiar clothes of the Obelisk Blue dorm. Lance's suspicions were confirmed. The one trapped in the duel had been none other than Bella.
"Tobias, check the one on the ground. Goule, get the nurse." Lance ordered, quickly taking charge of the situation. His voice was emotionless.

Quickly, the third year student approached Bella. She sunk to the ground as he approached, and Lance knelt down next to her.
"Bella. Bella, can you hear me?" Lance said, putting a hand on the crying girl's shoulder.

Bella was not sure how long she had been crying for, oblivious to anything around here till she felt a sudden hand rest on her shoulder. A familiar voice caused Bella to snap up as she saw Lance with her tear stained eyes. Who seemed to be trying to offer the Obelisk Blue comfort.

"L-lance I...I..." Bella had tried to say, wiping tears out of her eyes...before she just moved to hug him, as she needed this support more than she'd be able to put into words. She'd have to apologize as she felt tears drop onto his chest, but at the moment she had no control of her emotions and just needed this chance to let those nightmare emotions out.

Tobias went quick to work to validate the situation, Goule...seemed much less enthused. The creaky boy shrugged his shoulder, throwing up his hands absentmindedly.

"What's there to fuss? Her spirit is intact, all is well-"

He was then pushed out of the way by other concerned students who rushed over to go find medical professionals. Seemed as though while the boy had knowledge on the spirit world, he somewhat lacked common human understanding.

Tobias meanwhile examined the almost faded body of the man in question. It was hard to tell it was even one, with only a ghastly silhouette remaining of it, growing fader and fader as the seconds ticked by.

"This...this is far outside my understanding." Tobias admitted. "This man's being seems to be tethered to this ancient amulet...and is still being absorbed by it. I've read that these black fields only cause trouble where they spring up...could this be the penance we see here right before our eyes?"

Speculation was all he could do as he plucked the amulet from the ground. It felt as if it held a heartbeat inside. A presence. This was unreal. He exchanged a look with Lance, deciding what to do.

Lance blinked in surprise as Bella suddenly latched onto him. He supposed it shouldn't have been too surprising. She had been through quite a lot, and appeared to be in quite a bit of emotional distress. He put a comforting arm around the new student, looking back as Tobias spoke to him. There were people approaching quickly... Lance nodded to Tobias, and the message was simple. Pocket it.
"You're okay. It's over now." Lance said quietly to Bella. He let her cry for a few moments before trying to help her back to her feet. "Come on, let's get you inside."

Bella merely nodded as she wept, unable to do much more but she had been able to get to her feet as she allowed Lance to lead her inside. Bella would recover from this, but this experience likely was gonna hang with the Obelisk Blue for some time and that had been the area of concern. One had to hope this wouldn't come to define her, but at the moment she had just been happy someone was with her and was gonna take this chance to rest. Lord knows she needed it...

"Out of the way, OUT OF THE WAY!"

Pushing past people in the crowd, Doctor Crowler wailed out as he saw Bella, or rather an Obelisk Blue down there on the ground, crying in Lance's care. Going up to them, Crowler panicked, frantically looking her over for injuries.

"Oh my gosh, so there was someone in there! Are you hurt?? Injured?? No one injures MY students! Medics! MEDICS!"

That's when the medical staff came in, a bit behind Crowler's fast pace, they came down to her level, attempting to split her from Lance's care in order to take her to the nurse's office.

"My dearest child, what ever happened??" Crowler asked, still sort of lost in all this.

Well, if there was one thing that could snap Bella out of her funk, even for a moment, it had to be this.

"M-m-mr. Crowler?"

Bella blinked as her tears stopped, not so much because her spirits were lifted but the sudden confusion as the man seemed to have a panic attack over her state, and the situation seemed to get more crowded when some medical personal had come to try and peel her off Lance which raised a slight internal panic.

"H-h-hey I am just fine no stop!" Bella called out as she preferred to be in the company of a friend rather than these random guys, even if they had her health in rightful concern.

This day just got more screwed for her as it went along.

Seeing the medical personnel moving in, Lance made eye contact with Bella and took her hand, squeezing it. The third year student gave Bella a comforting smile and a nod.
"Don't worry, Bella. I'll be with you as soon as I can, okay? They just have to make sure you're alright." Lance said, trying his best to comfort the Obelisk Blue student and calm her down. The medical personnel pushed him back, but Lance still stayed close by and within eyesight of Bella. He took a moment to carefully look over the medical personnel, making sure none of them were out of place and keeping a sharp eye in case they were actually an enemy in disguise.

"See?? Listen to Lance dear, now let's get you to the nurses's office!" Doctor Crowler spoke, despite his eye twitching when she called him Mr.

As the Medical personnel carefully helped her up, Crowler stopped to look at the crowd of people that were looking on. Whispering, gawking. He couldn't help but bark what was on his mind.

"What are all of you doing out?? You should be going back to your dorms. Off you go, or it's detention!"

That was quick to motivate, as the crowd of people began to disperse, some much quicker than others. The doctor would be lying if he said that didn't feel good. Nodding his head in affirmation, he followed the medical personnel as they collected Bella.

"She will be held overnight, for safety reasons at the very least." One told Lance, seeing him as someone she confided in. "She will be taken care of."

Tobias walked away from the Scene of the crime, venturing out into the woods. This was no time to sleep. It was time for answers. Feeling the throb of a heartbeat in his pocket, the archaeologist calmed himself, trying to face that he couldn't protect Bella no matter the circumstance. Yes, whoever was after her, they'd find a way regardless. These raiders...they were getting much bolder.

Last edited:
Lance's efforts seemed to helped the confused and slightly panicked student, and while Bella preferred not to be held up like this she sighed as she accepted the aid. "A-all right, thank you. I'll see you later then.." Bella said to Lance as she went with Crowler and the medical staff as honestly a day to just get her mind right after that traumatic undertaking had been appreciated. While she'd perhaps never make peace with what had happened, she knew she had to get over it and not let it define her.

Course, that had been easier said than done.

As Bella walked off to the nurse's office, a lone duel spirit looked on from a rooftop, as Masked HERO Dusk Crow seemed to have a somber demeanor about it even if the masked had hid this before the spirit seemed to vanish in thin air; not that any besides those entuned with the spirits could've seen it anyway.

A Hectic day came to a close, offering more questions than answers. The wake of the near death event in the center of the school sent waves of anxiety into the minds of the student body. It became abundantly clear that the 'raiders' would not simply stop there. Attack after subterfuge, their attempts at causing chaos were without end.

"...And that is why I've hired to best protection that money (of the school) can buy!"

In Doctor Crowler's office, a squad of well equipped men and women in body armor stood, having earpieces, Dark colored hats, and blacked out sun glasses equipped on them.

"I hear good things about the Black Dragoons, I hear you've never lost a mission on record. Well then, this should be an easy one then! Protect our school from any threats, and in so doing, any lawsuits. Because it's miracle why we haven't triggered any brat's parents to sue us at this point..."

The Black Dragoons remained silent, still standing by. Crowler cleared his throat, cocking a brow back at them.

"Erm! Anyway, that is your task. So...do what you do best."

"Roger, Ma'am."

The Black Dragoons were quick to disappear, leaving his office with a flash of a smoke bomb. Crowler coughed and hacked, fanning away the smoke with his hand.

"...Well, points for dedication I suppose."

"...And that's the situation."

Tobias sat across from the meteorite of Eatos, mysterious blue amulet in hand. Having told the rock of the events of yesterday, including the seemingly second fragment of stone they found in the ruins as well. Tobias crossed his arms as he looked up.

"For such a device to conjure up manipulation of the very human spirit is unlike any other instance I've experienced. Where could one strive to even come into the possession of such arcane wisdom?"

The duel monster Guardian Eatos sat on top of the meteorite, staring down at Tobias with her arms crossed as well.
"Hmm..." Guardian Eatos muttered, closing her eyes and taking a moment to think. After a moment, she responded. "From my knowledge, artifacts such as these are rare indeed. I myself can only think of one or two that I have seen before."
Her wings silently flapping, she floated upward and stood on top of the meteorite.
"How one could come into possession of such an artifact, I do not know. The artifacts I have seen were old, ancient. Used by civilizations long since past." Eatos said.

"The first one I knew of was used by my... by a human known to me. He believed he was fighting for the side of justice, but had been deceived. The one who had manipulated him gave him a powerful artifact that could do similar things to the one you have there." Guardian Eatos lowered her head, her headdress casting shadows that obscured her face.
"With it, the human I knew did terrible things. It corrupted him, cast him away from the light." Eatos said. Turning away from Tobias, she gestured back to amulet he had. "It was only thanks to another human, one who also had an artifact with the power to manipulate the human spirit, that human I knew was able to cast off the shackles of darkness. Even then, he was never the same."

Guardian Eatos sat down on the meteorite once again, her back to Tobias. She looked over her shoulder to Tobias.
"You asked where could one come in the possession of such arcane wisdom? In this world, I do not know. But what I do know..." Eatos looked to the amulet Tobias held with distain. "Many of such artifacts seek only to bring out the darkness in the heart of humans. You should stay away from them."
With that, Eatos turned her back to Tobias once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oi! Get up!"

Through the thin walls of the Slifer Red dorm, Jira could hear the muffled sounds of yelling and slamming of doors. The sounds he had grown used to hearing as he woke up in Slifer Red dorms. It was almost comforting to listen to, in a way. Nodding to his roommate as he climbed down from his bunk, Jira began to get ready for the day.

Yesterday had been... incredible, to say the least. The Slifer Red student had got the picture him and his friends had taken in the colosseum ruins printed out, and it was taped to his wall right above his desk. As he put on his clothes, it was hard to believe it hadn't just been a dream. He wasn't sure which was more crazy, dueling an Obelisk Blue to a standstill, finding crazy ruins in the middle of the woods, or Willow talking about finding real Gladiator Beasts.

Probably the real duel monsters part.

Jira gathered up his duel monster cards, sliding his deck holder onto his belt, and started getting ready for classes. He packed up his duel gear and classwork, and headed out to the mess hall.
"I wonder if anything crazy is going to happen today..." Jira muttered, his hands on his head as he walked down the hall.

The next day came as Zack moved off his "bed" in the Slifer Red dorm which itself was a generous label, but in truth he had managed to "negotiate" with one of the other students here for access and had enjoyed about as comfortable a sleep as one could ask for. He casually rested on a top bunk till some banging on the door and a call from someone to wake up stirred him awake as Zack groaned a bit.

"Hey keep it to yourselves some people are trying to sleep!" Zack yelled at whoever made that noise, not that it had been much of a point as a new day began and he had to get up all the same. Zack moved off his bunk as he grabbed some fresh clothes and his uniform to change into as he seemed to have a smile fresh on his face. His first day back had gone better than he could've expected, having gotten into that Weasel guy's inner circle and shook the duel rust off of him. Course, he was curious to know of Weasel's opposition side as well as he liked to keep his options open for this little tussle.

Already can tell this semester is gonna be much more interesting~

-----
Bella woke up on a bed in the nurse's officer, having been allowed to stay overnight or rather implored to by the medical staff as she sighed a bit. Her emotions had settled a little from the day's previous events, but those images of that man and how the shadows seemed to consume him based off the actions of herself had filled her dreams in the worst way. She sat up on her bed as she glanced at her Duel Disc that had rested on a desk next to it as she looked with a regretful frown.

Course, she was a lucky one, several students had been rested here who seemed to be locked in comas. Thanks to the efforts of monsters like that Raider, so why waste her emotions on that?

Bella shook her head, this whole situation had been so twisted. And the fact she was forced to do something comparable, even to a monster like him...she sighed again. She worked her way to her feet and changed into some fresh clothing and her uniform that had been dropped off by a fellow Obelisk Blue. She guessed Lance, but had no way to know for sure.

It was advised by the Nurse and even Crowler himself she take a day to herself and not worry about class, the latter especially seemed concerned one of his "precious Blues" had been put through this ordeal. But Bella refused, she figured some classes and well anything had the capacity to help clear her mind.

Least, she hoped it would help.

Either way she gathered her things and after she thanked the nurse walked out of the officer to begin hopefully a less horrific day.

"Thus is the heart of man, so easily brought to turmoil with such in adequacies. Such accrued wisdom in the archaic ways shall only spell more suffering if it is continued to be sought. I fear that our transgression against them shall not be so easily ignored..."

Tobias crossed his arms. This outcome of this was worrisome. It would be foolish to think the raiders would stop here after they lost of their own, as well as one of their trinkets.

"They will come for it, as they always do: with ferocious persistence whilst we be unprepared..."

Looking up to Eatos, the archaeologist let a brief moment pass by before he offered the old soul a question.

"...The fallen mortal from your tale was only delivered a defeat by someone stronger, wielding superior artifact as well? imitating this victory requires capabilities we do not possess. What council do you give on this matter?"

"A boy, what a let down! That Bella chick survived that big ol' tough guy! Maaaan...they don't make evil doers like they used to."

Weasel sat alone on top of the school building, looking down on the sun kissed ground below. The cunning brat chuckled as he eyed the yellow tape that surrounded the 'crime scene' of yesterday.

"Golly! I don't think those mean guys at the evil hideout will take kindly to that guy's soul getting ripped out! What a turn of events! I can't wait to see what happens next~!"

Eatos stayed silent, keeping her back to Tobias. After a few moments, she spoke over her shoulder once again.
"My knowledge of this time is... not complete. The artifact he held almost completely severed my connection to him. It was only through..." Eatos trailed off, wincing. "I am getting off the subject of your question, forgive me. What I can recall is that it was not the power of the second one's artifact that caused him to prevail. The second mortal lost the first time they battled, and his artifact had... protected him, somehow. They met again later, and fought once more. The second time, the mortal I was close to was able to reject the darkness in his heart, and it caused him to lose the match."

The Guardian let out a breath.
"At the very least, when it came to the two artifacts I have seen, neither made their users a better duelist. Their victories were by their skills, not the artifacts." Eatos said to Tobias. "If one was skilled enough, or the opponent was unskilled enough, one could win. As it sounded like one of the students you told me about was able to do."

Last edited:
Willow awoke to the sounds of angry teenagers, the most reliable alarm clock in the world. Smiling to herself as she was one of a select few people who got up easily in the morning, the Slifer Red got dressed as she thought about yesterday. Finding abandoned ruins, beating an Obelisk Blue, meeting real Duel Monsters, it was almost too much to believe. Almost, if not for the fact that Gladiator Beast Nerokius was in her deck.

As she finished combing her hair and putting on her uniform, she put her deck in her deck case and made her way to the mess hall. Maybe she'd hear about more ruins around the island, she'd gotten used to the idea of hunting down ruins.

-------------

"Y'know, not even the prisoners of the Machine King look this bad, though that might be because they're not always capable of sleep."

"Har har dee har, shut up." Bob snapped at the spirit of Blowback Dragon, going to sleep at 3 AM was not the smartest idea. He'd spent way too long trying to edit his deck and finding ways to deal with potential risks, like an app on his computer that notified him if someone tried to log in.

"You need a hobby, dude. Maybe hang out with other people, go for a walk, touch some grass. Y'know, have an actual life? Aren't teenagers meant to be social? Maybe you can ask that girl, Tracy, to hang out today?" The Duel Spirit asked, recieving another glare from Bob.

"Keep up that attitude and I will not hesitate to use you as discard fodder. It's not that I don't want to have friends and be social, it's just that I have trouble making friends and I don't want to take up all of Tracy's time." The boy admitted as he got dressed, getting a disapporoving clack of the tongue from Blowback Dragon.

"You are a sad, sad man. Now hurry up, we might find something fun."

As Bob left his room, he turned to Blowback Dragon. "What did you mean with the prisoners of the Machine King?"

-------------

"Today's the day I will duel someone! I swear on my ranking of Obelisk Blue!" Maya declared, her decks ready for action. She saw two duels yesterday, one of which even being an OTK, yet she was left in the dust. How rude! She didn't get these new, rare, powerful cards for decoration, she wanted to duel with them. Anyone would do, she'd duel the first person she saw and knew. Maybe Dahlia wanted a rematch?

Leaving her dorm, Maya smelt the food in the mess hall. Sometimes it was nice being in Blue, and usually food was involved in those situations.

Jira sat down in the mess hall, a tray of food in front of him. It was still the plain, bland breakfast he had grown accustomed to, but it was starting to grow on him. Took make it better, he had even managed to get his hands on some cinnamon. Jira flipped back the hood on his Godzilla sweatshirt and began to dig in cheerfully. But as he ate, he couldn't help but to notice the rather... nervous chatter and air in the dorm. While the Slifer Red mess hall had many weaknesses, the close quarters of it made it very easy for one to overhear rumors and chatter.
"Another attack..."
"Freaky dark cloud..."
"An Obelisk Blue...?"
"Then Dr. Crowler..."
"... The Black Dragoons?"
"Duel Mercenaries"

Jira slowed his eating, glancing around the mess hall and trying to take in the whispered quiet conversations happening nearby. As he scanned the room, he couldn't help but to notice a familiar face enter. Willow! Jira smiled, baring his pointy teeth, and waved to the Slifer Red girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Dahlia was up early. Exiting the Obelisk Blue girl's dorm, she headed over to the school's gym and indoor swimming pool. A few laps in the pool helped her clear her mind and ready herself for the school day. Yesterday had been... confusing. There was the reveal that Tracy had her deck stolen long ago, and not felt comfortable telling her. Then there was the shenanigans with Bob and his supposed Blowback Dragon. That creepy kid, Goule hanging about. Deciding to go on the offense against Weasel. And getting totally defeated by Maya certainly hadn't helped.

Getting out of the pool, she sat on the edge and dried her hair. Tackle one thing at a time. What was most important right now? What could she do right now? Dahlia thought for a moment before deciding. The Obelisk Blue girl got changed, putting on her school uniform and leaving the pool. She began to make her way across campus, towards the Ra Yellow dorms.

==============

From his position, Lance watched as Bella exited the nurse's office. So they deemed her fit enough to leave. Sounds like Goule had been right about her soul being fine. The third year student had spent the night hidden near the nurse's station, on guard in case any suspicious person or individual should try to make their way in to finish off what the first raider had started. Luckily, nothing of that sort had occurred.

Lance approached Bella, making sure to make sufficient noise so she wouldn't be too surprised by his appearance. He cleared his throat as he approached.
"Bella." Lance said to the newer student.

Willow was no stranger to gossip, and whilst it was a fun past time, the amount of gossip going around was more than usual. Apparently whilst she was out spelunking, there was an attack that involved a dark cloud and an Obelisk Blue? And there were Duel Mercenaries on the island now? What was the purpose of them? To avoid other attacks? But could they watch over the entire student body? And just how strong were they if they were to protect Obelisk Blues?

As the girl was lost in thought, she almost missed the frantic waving of her friend Jira. As her face lit up, she waved back before sitting down next to him with her breakfast. "Hey Jira, good morning. Slept well after yesterday?" The Slifer girl asked, deciding to start the conversation simple before the gossip flying around would put them deep in thumbtacks and red string territory.

-----------

"Come on, you coward!"

"I am not telling you anything, I already said too much!"

"What, you scared?" Bob teased Blowback Dragon, hoping to get a response from the spirit. The response he got was not one he expected, though.

"Yes, I am scared. You don't know their strength, Bob. Their kingdom is ever-expanding, engulfing new territories and claiming them as their own. Every subordinate of them gives them significant power, and no one is strong enough to face their powerful army, let alone the King themselves. I cannot beat them, instead I used to work under them as a soldier. I defected, Bob, there is a warrant out for me. I will be turned into scrap metal if they find me. If I can be here, so can they. Their power is immense, to the point where I believe that they can fight Blue-Eyes White Dragon and win."

The silence that followed was deafening, as Blowback Dragon vanished into their card and Bob suddenly lost his appetite. There was more to Duel Monsters than he thought, apparently, and his concerns seemed silly at the moment. What if this Machine King showed up one day? What would they do? From what he heard, they were not the forgiving kind. And being able to match Blue-Eyes White Dragon? Only a few cards were able to do that, and they usually had some kind of drawback, yet he had yet to find one in this Machine King. Suddenly, the prospect of living cards was scarier than ever before.

--------------

Maya listened to the rumors flitting around the mess hall, someone attacked a Blue? No one was crazy enough to do that, Blues were practically royalty on campus. Professor Crowler made sure of that, after all. Placing a hand on her deck as she took a bite from her food, Maya wondered just how strong this Obelisk Blue was. And if they were strong, just how strong was their assailant? How strong were these Black Dragoons that had to protect them? The more she thought about it, the more restless she grew. She just had to find out for herself, maybe she could help them?

"I see...not dissimilar to one that brandishes the blade. It is not the blade itself that is the threat, but the swordsman who wields it, a conduit to enact the wielder's will. I believe...I am beginning to comprehend the matter."

Tobias sighed, he knew it would not have been so easy. But, this seemed to be their primary method of obtaining souls. Dueling. So his theory was right of this practice being intertwined with the old way.

"Then it seems the best case we have for now is to eliminated them before they can cast their fiendish mystic circles." Tobias muttered. "And if it is too late, then we must be prepared to combat them in the same old ways they use, as much as I wish for more of an effective option..."

"My...lots of excitement."

Goule looked outside the blinds of the occult club, watching as one of the fabled Black Dragoons surveyed the forest before ducking behind a building. Goule chuckled as he brought out a paint brush dipped in ink

"The added guards, It simply reeks of insecurity." He spoke, preforming a stroke of his brush on the parchment in front of him. "Even still, the last few days have been rather fruitful for my studies. I picked my university well."