• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sasori would be uneffected since he is a puppet and konan made that sea of bombs
I mean that's fine, Damos has plenty more up his sleeve like Ice Release, Chimera Release, Lightning Release, Water Release, Wind Release, Phobos, etc.

The black rain is about as difficult to Damos as breathing. Dealing with it just means you've hit the threshold for being slightly more than fodder to him.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Nope, at least, I dont think i have.
5A7E221C-E885-4FE7-8E90-AE77348A778C.jpeg

Adding on, the thing about Yahiko that quite a few of us seem to agree on is that with him being alive, his ideals don’t really fit with the Akatsuki’s goals. Yahiko never planned on gathering the tailed beasts, let alone creating an ultimate weapon to nuke the world in the name of peace.

As for Nagato, all his ideals came from Yahiko. When Tobi showed up, Yahiko firmly denied his ideas and told Nagato and Konan to stay away from him. It was only when Yahiko died that Nagato joined Tobi to gather the tailed beasts and create the ultimate weapon.

With Tobi currently out of the picture and Yahiko still alive, it just seems really unreasonable that Nagato is willing to go to this extent. At the very least, Yahiko should definitely be against this whole idea. The only problem with that is Nagato’s ideals come from Yahiko and he would more than likely listen to him. Would be an interesting conflict.

At around 3:00, you can also see Nagato about to lose his mind and kill nearly everyone only to be stopped. I interpret this as Yahiko remaining alive virtually prevents Nagato from going crazy. If anything, should Yahiko remain alive, there needs to be a lot more convincing as to why his ideals will have shifted so drastically.

I said then that until we came up with an AU alternative for a plan his aim would be similar in canon, but given the vast changes keeping the same goal appears silly in retrospective.

So a new goal and motive is needed. Problem is we established the Akatsuki as the same ruthless organization they were in canon rather than the freedom fighter direction Yahiko had driven for when he was alive.

So with all the Akatsuki stuff, I was wondering why Nagato and Konan are going with the tailed beast stuff when Yahiko is still alive, it doesn't really feel in character for them seeing as they followed Yahiko and he was against it. Also Zetsu I feel like brings up some complications that bother me. Could you help me understand @Shen: King of the Mist?

Adding on, the thing about Yahiko that quite a few of us seem to agree on is that with him being alive, his ideals don’t really fit with the Akatsuki’s goals. Yahiko never planned on gathering the tailed beasts, let alone creating an ultimate weapon to nuke the world in the name of peace.

As for Nagato, all his ideals came from Yahiko. When Tobi showed up, Yahiko firmly denied his ideas and told Nagato and Konan to stay away from him. It was only when Yahiko died that Nagato joined Tobi to gather the tailed beasts and create the ultimate weapon.

With Tobi currently out of the picture and Yahiko still alive, it just seems really unreasonable that Nagato is willing to go to this extent. At the very least, Yahiko should definitely be against this whole idea. The only problem with that is Nagato’s ideals come from Yahiko and he would more than likely listen to him. Would be an interesting conflict.

At around 3:00, you can also see Nagato about to lose his mind and kill nearly everyone only to be stopped. I interpret this as Yahiko remaining alive virtually prevents Nagato from going crazy. If anything, should Yahiko remain alive, there needs to be a lot more convincing as to why his ideals will have shifted so drastically.

If I recall, the atatsuki don’t want to nuke the world anymore. They just want to demilitarize the world by taking all their nukes, getting all nine tailed beasts, and forcing peace upon the world. What yahiko doesn’t know, is that nagato will go further than that if necessary

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
If I recall, the atatsuki don’t want to nuke the world anymore. They just want to demilitarize the world by taking all their nukes, getting all nine tailed beasts, and forcing peace upon the world. What yahiko doesn’t know, is that nagato will go further than that if necessary
That seems semi reasonable, but what are the rest of the Akatsuki doing then. It doesn’t really seem to me that people like Hidan and Kakuzu, or any of the Akatsuki for that matter, would be really interested in forcing peace. Although I could be wrong, that just seems very idealist. I also don’t think Yahiko would agree with the methods being used in order to accomplish this goal.

Gathering all Nine Tailed Beasts in grand plans to force the world to peace.

You couldn't distinguish that from the Eye of the Moon Plan, so I'll ask you be a bit more specific.

That seems semi reasonable, but what are the rest of the Akatsuki doing then. It doesn’t really seem to me that people like Hidan and Kakuzu, or any of the Akatsuki for that matter, would be really interested in forcing peace. Although I could be wrong, that just seems very idealist. I also don’t think Yahiko would agree with the methods being used in order to accomplish this goal.
They all have their backstories. Such as hidan using the Akatsuki as a protection squad so he can keep killing without being captured, and hidan for even higher bounties, all the while working toward the higher goal.
Gathering all Nine Tailed Beasts in grand plans to force the world to peace.

You couldn't distinguish that from the Eye of the Moon Plan, so I'll ask you be a bit more specific.
How more specific can I get? Lol

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
They all have their backstories. Such as hidan using the Akatsuki as a protection squad so he can keep killing without being captured, and hidan for even higher bounties, all the while working toward the higher goal.

How more specific can I get? Lol
And how does Yahiko feel about the actual methods of the Akatsuki? It seems like a big jump from a peace making group in Amegakure to a group that has members completely fine with taking out entire villages in order to achieve goals.

Well I just woke up so let me give my two cents.

First, I'd need a good reason for Nagato to go even farther than Yahiko would. Frankly, his life isn't as tragic as it was in canon with Yahiko being alive who merely cared about keeping his friends safe in a cruel world than anything. Maybe we could argue that he is a cynic over time, like he notices that when you take weapons or force away from people they continue to resist even more aggressively or something. Just maybe years of fighting Yahiko's spirited good fight not having the effect he feels is needed for peace to consider going even further.

And also try to justify psychopaths like Hidan being part of the group XD

@Godjacob

Where will Azumi's team be in roughly...3 weeks to a month are so.

I need to know what Country they'll be in as Baiyan will need to take a short trip for Nadeshiko-related purposes. It'd be more convenient to just have the Nadeshiko gather in whatever country Azumi will be in, as it reduces the amount of time she'll need to be away for.

Well, given that the next Chunin Exams would be in the Land of Rain my initial thought was once the caravan was disposed of and evidence cleared out and go report back so Azumi can get wind of this "invitation" and have some good character moments for people of those nations that left her nation in ruin returning there.

More then likely they'd make a pit stop at Kusagakure during the trip back.

Well, given that the next Chunin Exams would be in the Land of Rain my initial thought was once the caravan was disposed of and evidence cleared out and go report back so Azumi can get wind of this "invitation" and have some good character moments for people of those nations that left her nation in ruin returning there.

Hmmm. That's cool. Kusagakure is a good location, nice and fairly central, a group gathering point given the current location of the Nadeshiko.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Well I just woke up so let me give my two cents.

First, I'd need a good reason for Nagato to go even farther than Yahiko would. Frankly, his life isn't as tragic as it was in canon with Yahiko being alive who merely cared about keeping his friends safe in a cruel world than anything. Maybe we could argue that he is a cynic over time, like he notices that when you take weapons or force away from people they continue to resist even more aggressively or something. Just maybe years of fighting Yahiko's spirited good fight not having the effect he feels is needed for peace to consider going even further.

And also try to justify psychopaths like Hidan being part of the group XD

Ok, I just feel like it’s a big jump, but I guess that makes sense. I just think that if Yahiko wasn’t discouraged by the time he was an adult and started the Akatsuki, then he wasn’t going to get discouraged. Amegakure is depressing lol. I guess if that is what we are going with I would just like to think of a little more backstory down the road of why he would start this. I’m just looking for a little more detail is all. I feel like Zetsu being on still needs some explanation, just my personal opinion since his only goal is Kaguya. I personally don’t even want to go into any of the Kaguya stuff, but I’m not sure if we are or not.

Well ok, this explains a lot of why things are like they are in the AU even though Yahiko is still alive, but would changing Nagato’s view in time be a change to his character? He only became the way he was in cannon because Yahiko died so if he’s still alive Nagato’s beacon of hope hasn’t been extinguished yet. There’s also Konan, who will she be following more?
Konan: I'm my own woman, thank you very much.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Konan: I'm my own woman, thank you very much.
There was only one time I would have described Konan as her own woman and that was after Nagato died. I think Konan is very powerful, but she believes in both Yahiko and Nagato and that's why she follows them. While she doesn't need them to be strong, she believes in their values and does, in fact, follow them.