• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aight, here's my flex.

Mist Village

Shrugging her shoulders Chino began to stalk the room, her vivid purple eyes gradually darkening to a crimson red. She attention snapped to a body, this one yet untreated. Trickles of blood streaked down her face, tears of red as the Ketsuryugan got to work. The Shinobi’s body surged and convulsed as Chino directly seized control of the blood in his body.

Blood began to stream from his seven apertures, eyes, ears, nose, and mouth. Pulling a sample of corrupted blood, Chino’s eyes gleamed with red, as it condensed into a crystal. Flexing her influence over the iron in the man’s blood, she’d coagulated the mineral into a crystalline container of iron for the blood.

Almost. While blood has iron inside of it, the black water does not. In fact, crystallizing black water extremely difficult, as it would try to shift to a fluid state naturally and melt it’s solid shape back into a fluid
She's not crystallizing the black water, she's crystallizing the blood to use it as a container for black water.

Essentially, you have a ball floating in water, then you freeze the water and the ball is trapped inside.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
She's not crystallizing the black water, she's crystallizing the blood to use it as a container for black water.

Essentially, you have a ball floating in water, then you freeze the water and the ball is trapped inside.
Pretty clever...but it’s still organic material, which it’s designed to attack, no matter the shape. Changing the texture and state of said organic material might lead to behaviors not previously seen.
Alternately, she'll just take the Cup Hama and Tsuki have been storing black water in.

Usage of the Ketsuryugan isn't something I'm dead-set on.

I mean yeah. It’s like right there lol. Although Hama currently has like six of those in the room, as too much in one cup could make the black water burn though the cup

Pretty clever...but it’s still organic material, which it’s designed to attack, no matter the shape. Changing the texture and state of said organic material might lead to behaviors not previously seen.

I mean yeah. It’s like right there lol. Although Hama currently has like six of those in the room, as too much in one cup could make the black water burn though the cup
It can corrupt the blood, but not the iron, so in that case the black water will just work towards it's containment.

Think of the blood like salt water. Mostly water, but with salt dissolved in it. Chino is gathering all the 'salt' into a layer to contain the 'water'. If all the 'water' gets corrupted, then that's all good as it leaves purely 'salt', which shouldn't be corrupted at all.

Any cup will do. We'll just put it in a couple boxes.

I do not want to read Shen's post now, what did he do?
7HNCbud5ZbyMJvUnX784kj7ZZOL.jpg

Patrick = King Mori
Sponge bob = Mori

It can corrupt the blood, but not the iron, so in that case the black water will just work towards it's containment.

Think of the blood like salt water. Mostly water, but with salt dissolved in it. Chino is gathering all the 'salt' into a layer to contain the 'water'. If all the 'water' gets corrupted, then that's all good as it leaves purely 'salt', which shouldn't be corrupted at all.
Theoretically it would hold for a short time. But it wouldn’t be permanent, if would still chew through, as the iron in a human body isn’t enough to make a complete iron shell. Especially since the concentration mechanic were it even chews through such substances like iron eventually when centralized

Theoretically it would hold for a short time. But it wouldn’t be permanent, if would still chew through, as the iron in a human body isn’t enough to make a complete iron shell. Especially since the concentration mechanic were it even chews through such substances like iron eventually when centralized
Yea, it can chew through whatever it wants. We'll put it in a sturdier box later.

This does beg the question of why the Mist village hasn't dissolved yet, since the Black Water can chew through solid objects and the like.

Yea, it can chew through whatever it wants. We'll put it in a sturdier box later.

This does beg the question of why the Mist village hasn't dissolved yet, since the Black Water can chew through solid objects and the like.
Because for the most part the black water was in the ocean. And along the fact that the black rain itself after it touched ground, followed Damos around. So it essence: it was never there fully to even start that. So that means the only black water that remained in the mist after Damos left was inside the infected

Because for the most part the black water was in the ocean. And along the fact that the black rain itself after it touched ground, followed Damos around. So it essence: it was never there fully to even start that. So that means the only black water that remained in the mist after Damos left was inside the infected
Eh, the way I see it right now, you kinda just mooted it's only weakness.

Let me show you my compiled list of the Black Rain's Properties

• Insta-KO if you get touched
    • Can only be cured by Hama
  • Has barrier properties and thus can't be observed by any of the dojutsu
  • Corrupts or destroys any ninjutsu, or otherwise, that can physically interact with it (Water, Earth, physical things in general)
  • Clouds reform so quickly they won't even disperse under the effects of Typhoon Release
    • Unless Damos himself undoes the jutsu, of course, merciful god of terror that he is

Clouds reform so quickly they won't even disperse under the effects of Typhoon Release
Eh this one actually false. It was atemtoing to come back together each and every time it was dispersed, but never successfully landed another drop of rain.

Eh, the way I see it right now, you kinda just mooted it's only weakness.
How do you mean?

Eh this one actually false. It was atemtoing to come back together each and every time it was dispersed, but never successfully landed another drop of rain.

How do you mean?
More so the point that Typhoon Release couldn't decisively put down the clouds, meaning that it's lesser cousin Wind Release, takes a hit in effectiveness.

Water Release is already worthless against it, and I don't exactly see Fire and Lightning Release protective you from rain. The fact that an insta-kill can come from rain does forcefully restrict just about everyone who isn't an Earth Shinobi, and they aren't even safe at this point, since a high concentration could be any water release technique which swaps out regular water for black water.

As it appears now, there is no effective way to deal with the Black Water save for having a kekkei genkai that's specifically an anti-thesis to it's corruption/corrosion. Of which, the only I can think of right off the bat are Mei's Acid and Lava Release, and perhaps Guren's Crystal Release.

It just appears that none of the basic nature transformations are even remotely useful.

Bear in mind, that corroding effect only happens when a large concentration is at one place. Like anything over a cup for example. So rain water constantly battering something for example isn’t going to do the trick

Which is a point I brought up above, and will reiterate.

Let's imagine Damos has the Black Rain up, and he does a Water Dragon Bullet.

Essentially that's gg right there. It'll corrode through any physical defense with 'high concentration', corrupt any chakra defense, and it only takes a drop splashing on you to put you down.

Since it appears unblock-able by any of the basic 5 Nature Transformations that exist, the only option seems to be dodge spamming through raindrops.

Water Release is already worthless against it, and I don't exactly see Fire and Lightning Release protective you from rain. The fact that an insta-kill can come from rain does forcefully restrict just about everyone who isn't an Earth Shinobi, and they aren't even safe at this point, since a high concentration could be any water release technique which swaps out regular water for black water.
Water release is worst off, yeah, although attacks such as water bullets, dragons, and other projectiles shouldn’t suffer too much. Fire style could help by evaporating the water before it touched you. Lighting? Hm...lcm could help, but otherwise probably not the most effective for defenses.

As it appears now, there is no effective way to deal with the Black Water save for having a kekkei genkai that's specifically an anti-thesis to it's corruption/corrosion. Of which, the only I can think of right off the bat are Mei's Acid and Lava Release, and perhaps Guren's Crystal Release.
Those most certainly could help. But it still has effective counters. Such as wind style to blow away the water droplets from ever even hitting you or around you. Earth and wind are by far the most useful in these cases, Fire is capable of working too, though mainly water and lightning suffer.

Essentially that's gg right there. It'll corrode through any physical defense with 'high concentration', corrupt any chakra defense, and it only takes a drop splashing on you to put you down.
You know that such a process is super slow right? Like minutes of staying on it.

Okay, let me honestly tell you how I think a spar between Damos and Pain would go, I'm specifically talking about the Six Paths of Pain, and not Nagato, and to be clear it's a blind fight where neither of them has any info on the other. This is because what most of our characters should be getting into is a blind fight, so unlike Sho or Azumi, they might not have brought an umbrella with them.

So you've got 6 Paths of Pain.

Deva
Preta
Asura
Naraka
Animal
Human

Let's be very clear that the last three paths of Pain get dropped by the black rain immediately. They have absolutely no usage here.

The Naraka & Human paths are laughably weak stat wise, one getting taken out by Konohamaru, and the Animal Path's summons all get dropped the minute they're summoned.

The only Paths that last longer than about 10 seconds are the Deva, Preta, and Asura Paths. Now the Deva path is widely considered the strongest, but against Damos I actually believe there isn't much he can do with against the Black Rain.

He'd need to one-shot Damos with either a Chaotic Shinra Tensei or Chibaku Tensei, otherwise the 5 second cool-down on the Rinnegan means black rain hits him at some point and he's dead.

Moving on the the Asura Path and Preta Paths. I'll look at them together because they essentially go along the same route. Ninjutsu absorption makes the Preta Path presumably immune to the Black Rain, and the Asura Path being a Robot does it the same. However, they aren't the most durable of paths as the Preta Path went down to a Punch from Sage Naruto, and I think Biju Bomb reflecting Damos can do at least that much.

So Damos has barely but twitched and 5 of the Paths are on the verge of Checkmate.

However, lucky Pain, Rinnegan has linked vision and the Path's amazing teamwork— Oh, wait, the Black Water also doubles as a barrier capable of obscuring Dojutsu, so that's out.

Save for godly tactics and Damos literally not using anything else in his arsenal, Pain gets shit stomped...really hard.

Nagato is something else entirely. I won't even touch that beehive.

Water release is worst off, yeah, although attacks such as water bullets, dragons, and other projectiles shouldn’t suffer too much. Fire style could help by evaporating the water before it touched you. Lighting? Hm...lcm could help, but otherwise probably not the most effective for defenses.
Water is functionally useless. Between it being corrupted or straight out being frozen, it's really just pick your way of giving Damos more ammo. Shoshitsugetsu can very much attest to that fact.

Right. You're not wrong, but that means you need to have a constant chakra expenditure just to deal with the Rain, and Damos himself hasn't even started fighting yet.

Those most certainly could help. But it still has effective counters. Such as wind style to blow away the water droplets from ever even hitting you or around you. Earth and wind are by far the most useful in these cases, Fire is capable of working too, though mainly water and lightning suffer.

That's the constant chakra expenditure in exchange for protecting yourself from the Black Rain which costs next to nothing.

You know that such a process is super slow right? Like minutes of staying on it.
There aren't many earth release shinobi in the first place, so it's not like most of have a sustainable method of even dealing with the rain, much less fighting Damos himself.

think Biju Bomb reflecting Damos can do at least that much.
Didn’t reflect one.

Save for godly tactics and Damos literally not using anything else in his arsenal, Pain gets shit stomped...really hard.
Almighty push would already be enough to dispel most if not all of the black rain in the area. As it’s a concussion wave.

Water is functionally useless. Between it being corrupted or straight out being frozen, it's really just pick your way of giving Damos more ammo. Shoshitsugetsu can very much attest to that fact.
In all fairness, the chick is made of water and fed Damos a giant water clone. Ice takes slightly longer to corrupt, but is very much corruptible, alongside other water chakra projectiles and weapons, which takes a few seconds to apply the black water.

That's the constant chakra expenditure in exchange for protecting yourself from the Black Rain which costs next to nothing.
Yeah. Pretty much. Hence why a team effort is suggested, using their strengths to cover their weaknesses.

There also the fact that you could fight over the clouds, underground, or around the clouds.

Almighty push would already be enough to dispel most if not all of the black rain in the area. As it’s a concussion wave.
Yes, but that has a very long cool down, and unless it one shots Damos the Cloud will reform and gg Pain.

Yeah. Pretty much. Hence why a team effort is suggested, using their strengths to cover their weaknesses.

There also the fact that you could fight over the clouds, underground, or around the clouds.
Ah, there's some solid info. So he was created to be nigh unbeatable solo.

Shōshitsugetsu

The Mist Rain was perhaps the most dangerous tool in any hunter-nin's arsenal, a Rain that absorbed chakra of any jutsu that didn't match the chakra signature of the wielder. Even former perfect Jinchuriki of the mist, for all their large chakra reserves, would find it difficult to even utilize jutsu beneath the effects of Mist Rain.
“Futility.”

The rain poured over it, but instead of sapping from the blob, it seemed to just fuel it. The rain corrupting upon contact and being turned into something new. As a fireball was sent hurtling his way, Damos stretched out his hand, something slithering it from under his cloak. What slithered out emerged from the red bubble, a thick, crimson tendril with almost a skull like shape attached to the front of it. The skull had sharp teeth visible, three slashes under the eyes, and almost resembled a shark in nature.

Was running over that Sho vs Damos battle, and I'd like to query this.

I do specifically recall arguing for earlier mechanics that utilized a chakra absorbing attack to fuel a counter attack, and was denied. Now, in hindsight, we see Damos doing exactly that.

Explanation please?

@Shen: King of the Mist

Basically don’t touch Damos or Haiahu ever or you die because they can bypass limitations set for everyone else.

Starting to feel a little character favoritism here. Oh wait, that’s how literally everyone feels and is the primary reason why we debate so often. But clearly that’s not the case, right?

Edit: Am I the only one who feels progressing in power is somewhat an uneventful achievement seeing as there’s already pre-set ceilings we’ll never reach? Kinda makes you feel like your continuing a pointless cycle.

Last edited:

Was running over that Sho vs Damos battle, and I'd like to query this.

I do specifically recall arguing for earlier mechanics that utilized a chakra absorbing attack to fuel a counter attack, and was denied. Now, in hindsight, we see Damos doing exactly that.

Explanation please?

@Shen: King of the Mist
Ah I see what your talking about. That’s because the amount your trying to take compared to the amount that is corrupting is negligible. The water corrupts upon touching it basically like ink in a cup of water. If you had a different method of chakra taking that wasn’t the kind style he’s hyper strong against then things would have been different.
Basically don’t touch Damos or Haiahu ever or you die because they can bypass limitations set for everyone else.

Starting to feel a little character favoritism here. Oh wait, that’s how literally everyone feels and is the primary reason why we debate so often. But clearly that’s not the case, right?

Edit: Am I the only one who feels progressing in power is somewhat an uneventful achievement seeing as there’s already pre-set ceilings we’ll never reach? Kinda makes you feel like your continuing a pointless cycle.

....? Water dropping into a water corrupting fluid. It’s just that simple

As far as That progressing thing goes, pain and nagato we’re still things regardless, so Damos doesn’t change that any. Especially with minato and Itachi too.

But it isn’t all about power per say. A lot of it is either development, using your power it teammates to overcome obstacles, or just make bonds.

Ah I see what your talking about. That’s because the amount your trying to take compared to the amount that is corrupting is negligible. The water corrupts upon touching it basically like ink in a cup of water. If you had a different method of chakra taking that wasn’t the kind style he’s hyper strong against then things would have been different.
Could've made money on that answer...

As far as That progressing thing goes, pain and nagato we’re still things regardless, so Damos doesn’t change that any. Especially with minato and Itachi too.

But it isn’t all about power per say. A lot of it is either development, using your power it teammates to overcome obstacles, or just make bonds.

Case in point, the pre-set ceiling for Ocs is supposed to be Pain, all the big bads start at above Pain tier.

I literately knew that’s what you were gonna say.
I’m a solo rper who prefers to travel alone. I don’t do groups, I look for ways to progress on my own. And please don’t give me, ‘that’s no Howe it works’, this is an rp, I should be free to do as I please.

You’ve set an unreachable limitation that would destroy even Itachi in mere moments, but I expect you o try and fumbled a response involving genjutsu or such, so you can ignore this point to.

It makes attempting to reach a new level of power a completely pointless task if everything requires teamwork before we’ve even reached Shippuden era.

I know your just gonna disagree with me and say teamwork this scaling that, so I don’t even know why I try.

Damos and Haiahu are the strongest characters in the rp and there’s basically nothing we could ever do to change that, except wait for you to decide it’s time to kill them off. Just upsetting to see the hard limit is already set for a single character, basically ruins the entire concept of Katsuo being a solo/traveler nin if there are people out there who will always be able to clap him in an instant.

Basically just a rant, but I wanted to get that out. Now I expect this to be either ignored or shut down, but I’m just saying now, I’ll never change my view.

I literately knew that’s what you were gonna say.
I’m a solo rper who prefers to travel alone. I don’t do groups, I look for ways to progress on my own. And please don’t give me, ‘that’s no Howe it works’, this is an rp, I should be free to do as I please.
Never said you wouldn’t be capable of holding your own eventually.

You’ve set an unreachable limitation that would destroy even Itachi in mere moments, but I expect you o try and fumbled a response involving genjutsu or such, so you can ignore this point to.
Itachi? Itachi would kill Damos more than likely upon fighting him. He’s pretty broken with his eye powers.

I know your just gonna disagree with me and say teamwork this scaling that, so I don’t even know why I try.
Actually no. Wasn’t going to. So stop putting words in my mouth

Damos and Haiahu are the strongest characters in the rp and there’s basically nothing we could ever do to change that, except wait for you to decide it’s time to kill them off. Just upsetting to see the hard limit is already set for a single character, basically ruins the entire concept of Katsuo being a solo/traveler nin if there are people out there who will always be able to clap him in an instant.
They are killable ya know. I’m all about having them being mortal. Just having the power to do so is another thing. Damos is weaker than nagato, so either way, you’d be fighting a stronger opponent without my involvement.

Basically just a rant, but I wanted to get that out. Now I expect this to be either ignored or shut down, but I’m just saying now, I’ll never change my view.
If you will never change you view no matter what I say, why should I be talking to you?

Never said you wouldn’t be capable of holding your own eventually.

Itachi? Itachi would kill Damos more than likely upon fighting him. He’s pretty broken with his eye powers.

Actually no. Wasn’t going to. So stop putting words in my mouth

They are killable ya know. I’m all about having them being mortal. Just having the power to do so is another thing. Damos is weaker than nagato, so either way, you’d be fighting a stronger opponent without my involvement.

If you will never change you view no matter what I say, why should I be talking to you?

I said ignore me as well. These characters appear to be the ceiling, and that’s becoming the overall consensus. It’s my personal view, if you disagree with it, than don’t talk to me. That’s what i expected anyways.

So eye hax, and I'm pretty sure you're the only one here who thinks Konan and Sasori in canon don't get instakilled by Damos.
Sasori would be uneffected since he is a puppet and konan made that sea of bombs
Minato can beat him too right?

I honestly don’t know too Much about minato...so might be a fault on my memory’s part. Maybe? Probably? Lol