• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Naruto: Everyone's Ninja Way

If he stays in the mist village, how is he gonna be able to become a ninja? Will Mei help him? Will they make an exception this time?

If no then what other clan can he go to?

Basically Mei's thing is that she helped unite and reform the Mist; their whole thing was killing kekkei genkai users out of distrust (aside from the other Blood Mist shenanigans they got up to) -- when she became Mizukage, Kiri started to grow past the persecution of kekkei genkai users.

So they'd prob let him just, join up with the Academy (maybe w/ special supervision?).

I'm assuming Mei becomes Mizukage before Hisato is old enough to attend the ninja academy?

I think so. The timeline is so murky around the Mizukage, lol. All of them. We don't even know for sure which Mizukage it was that Zabuza tried to assassinate (probably the 3rd? but maybe Yagura?). If Mei is Mizukage now in our AU, and she's had enough time already to at least begin her reforms, Hisato is likely one of the first - if not the first - kekkei genkai users to be accepted in the Academy since Mei herself.

Though it's not up to me this time around heheh so we'll see what everyone says.

I think so. The timeline is so murky around the Mizukage, lol. All of them. We don't even know for sure which Mizukage it was that Zabuza tried to assassinate (probably the 3rd? but maybe Yagura?). If Mei is Mizukage now in our AU, and she's had enough time already to at least begin her reforms, Hisato is likely one of the first - if not the first - kekkei genkai users to be accepted in the Academy since Mei herself.

Though it's not up to me this time around heheh so we'll see what everyone says.
Depends on how they want to play it. With Mei in charge, they could be more open about things and have them formally join the academy, but I believe she wouldn't have come to power up until fairly recently. Within the last few years or so.

They could also go the route of being trained by remnants of the Bloody Mist, which is how Retro's character was trained and that would be more on the down-low and probably concealed by people who wanted to leverage their kekkei genkai. All our Mist ninja have fairly strong kekkei genkai which are far as we know manifest on a somewhat regular basis.

Mei is actually remarkably young, she would be 29 currently since she's 31 in Shippuden and she graduated at age 9. She's three years older than Zabuza and would've been maybe... 24-25 ish when our OCs started academy.

However, we know that Itachi fought Yagura while he was in the Akatsuki and Yagura was still Mizukage at the time. So Mei has definitely only been Kage for at most five years and more likely 2~3 or less.
I'm assuming Mei becomes Mizukage before Hisato is old enough to attend the ninja academy?
So to answer this question she...probably wouldn't be but she would be in the process of becoming the next Mizukage and so sentiment against kekkei genkai users probably isn't at the point where they'll kill you just for existing. There probably are some people who retain grudges though.

Depends on how they want to play it. With Mei in charge, they could be more open about things and have them formally join the academy, but I believe she wouldn't have come to power up until fairly recently. Within the last few years or so.

They could also go the route of being trained by remnants of the Bloody Mist, which is how Retro's character was trained and that would be more on the down-low and probably concealed by people who wanted to leverage their kekkei genkai. All our Mist ninja have fairly strong kekkei genkai which are far as we know manifest on a somewhat regular basis.

Mei is actually remarkably young, she would be 29 currently since she's 31 in Shippuden and she graduated at age 9. She's three years older than Zabuza and would've been maybe... 24-25 ish when our OCs started academy.

However, we know that Itachi fought Yagura while he was in the Akatsuki and Yagura was still Mizukage at the time. So Mei has definitely only been Kage for at most five years and more likely 2~3 or less.

So to answer this question she...probably wouldn't be but she would be in the process of becoming the next Mizukage and so sentiment against kekkei genkai users probably isn't at the point where they'll kill you just for existing. There probably are some people who retain grudges though.

Yeah, Kage for 2~3 years at most makes sense; if Kage at all. Tbh I always forget about the Itachi fight b/c - for me - it fits in weirdly with the Obito genjutsu narrative/timeline. I know there's a lot of reasons why, but it just always slips my mind.

What threw me off is the "Blood Mist remnants" bit; as, if Mei isn't Mizukage, we'd be in the Bloody Mist era -- the tail end, sure, but still the Bloody Mist. Mei could be leading some sort of political movement at the time which brings her to prominence, slowly changing perception about kekkei genkai before she becomes Mizukage, but then her faction would be the splinter group.

Unless Yagura is dead and we're in the interim where they're about to pick Mei haha.

EDIT: Or unless in this AU, Yagura was not under some sort of outside control and he was the one to start reforming the Mist/ending the ways of the Bloody Mist

Last edited:
I think it makes sense for Yagura to be the Mizukage, though I do think there's enough room for Mei to be (or become soon) the Mizukage. It's just that we do know (in normal canon) Yagura was a tyrant and I'm sure the Bloody Mist was as bad as it'd ever been. However, if Yagura isn't being controlled and maybe - at the least - isn't as bad as his reign was in canon, there's also room for him to be Mizukage, and for the Blood Mist to be a shadow of its former self.

Yeah, Kage for 2~3 years at most makes sense; if Kage at all. Tbh I always forget about the Itachi fight b/c - for me - it fits in weirdly with the Obito genjutsu narrative/timeline. I know there's a lot of reasons why, but it just always slips my mind.

What threw me off is the "Blood Mist remnants" bit; as, if Mei isn't Mizukage, we'd be in the Bloody Mist era -- the tail end, sure, but still the Bloody Mist. Mei could be leading some sort of political movement at the time which brings her to prominence, slowly changing perception about kekkei genkai before she becomes Mizukage, but then her faction would be the splinter group.

Unless Yagura is dead and we're in the interim where they're about to pick Mei haha.

EDIT: Or unless in this AU, Yagura was not under some sort of outside control and he was the one to start reforming the Mist/ending the ways of the Bloody Mist
Well, the bloody mist (probably) existed before Yagura, I think Obito just super-doubled down on it. I think they had a bad rep from back when Kakashi was still a kid in the 3rd War. The three tails was inside Rin at the time so that would definitely be before Yagura became a jinchuriki and presumably before he became Mizukage, and they were still kinda wild.

We do know that the blood mist ideology persists until the Boruto era though.

Well, the bloody mist (probably) existed before Yagura, I think Obito just super-doubled down on it. I think they had a bad rep from back when Kakashi was still a kid in the 3rd War. The three tails was inside Rin at the time so that would definitely be before Yagura became a jinchuriki and presumably before he became Mizukage, and they were still kinda wild.

We do know that the blood mist ideology persists until the Boruto era though.

Well yeah, I don't mean that Yagura started it -- he and Mei both, I think, survived the old Blood Mist Academy; but like you said, Obito super-doubled down on it. So if Yagura is Mizukage, and Yagura is under control, the Blood Mist isn't just an ideological faction -- they're the ideological faction still in charge. So when I saw it referred to as "a remnant", I imagined Mei in charge/reforms already under way.

Though as we know, these reforms also don't just happen over night.

Well yeah, I don't mean that Yagura started it -- he and Mei both, I think, survived the old Blood Mist Academy; but like you said, Obito super-doubled down on it. So if Yagura is Mizukage, and Yagura is under control, the Blood Mist isn't just an ideological faction -- they're the ideological faction still in charge. So when I saw it referred to as "a remnant", I imagined Mei in charge/reforms already under way.

Though as we know, these reforms also don't just happen over night.
Yea fair, but I also think that Obito/the Akatsuki being functionally in charge of a whole village has too many ramifications that I don't really want to sort through.

I gave Hisato a bio. It's not complete, but I got a large chunk. I was curious about how to finish it. Thoughts? Advice on how to finish his backstory?

Name: Hisato Gato
Village: Mist
Jutsu type: Wind
Description: white hair. Shoulder length on the right side loosely hangs down. Split in the center. Jaw length on the left side. Pale blue eyes, noticeably short eyebrows, average build, fairly muscular. He wears a light brown tunic with a purple overcoat that extends down to his knees. underneath that he wears pants that stop at his shins ,and a rope belt around his pants(similar to orochimaru), bandages around his feet that go up to his knees(doesn't cover his toes), Bandages on his arms that go up to his mid part of his forearm(don't cover his fingers or palm). He wears black fingerless gloves with a big hole in the palm as that's where he draws his sword from ,and black ninja shoes.

Personality: Hisato is a fairly nice boy ,but also a bit awkward. Not shy by any means of the word ,but can be fairly obvious at times his social skills as less than sub par. Despite this he does put effort into being more graceful in social interactions which often times just leads to him further proving him to be awkward. When he isn't being overly awkward, he's super loud, cheerful, and overall hyped. Everything is exciting. well except horribly unethical weird stuff, but that's not important now. Hisato just wants to be your friend, tell jokes, and challenge you to a fight.

Bio: Hisato never learned who his real parents were and why he was alone, but he did know the man raising him wasn't his real dad. The man who raised him was neither a father figure or even a good influence on him. He took Hisato in for free child labor.

His adoptive caretaker had him moving crates and barrels from a very early age. Doing odd tasks like cleaning and delivering letters.

Many of Hisato's work was done on boats out at sea. His adoptive caretaker was a fisherman. His adoptive father had a gambling addiction and would make Hisato fight people and would bet on Hisato to win.

When Hisato was winning he was the rough and tough Hisato earning his food and shelter. When he was losing though, he was just that ungrateful child losing his caretaker's money. Hisato normally trained 7 hours a day, but when he lost, he'd have to train 14 hours a day. He also did training with his free time.

During his free time training, he'd discover his shikotsumyaku kekkei genkei. At this point in his life, this was something he only did in his free time in a secluded isolated training area that only Hisato knew how to find. For his secret training area was a small underground cave covered up by bushes, shrubs, and vines. Hisato liked his secret location because he'd oftentimes sneak off to get a nap or secret train.

Dislikes: people that don't like vibing, natto, and silence

Kekkei Genkai (y/n): Yes. Shikotsumyaku(Same as Kimimaro)
->if yes, explain: He inherited it from his parents. It's the same one that Kimimaro has.
Clan Hiden (y/n): Nnnno?
-> if yes, explain:
Chakra Nature:
Wind

He's not done yet! I'm not sure how to make his backstory.

Well, what have you got in mind. Like any notable skills you want to reference?
I want his most notable skills to be his ostaclast bone weapons. As for reference, I'm not sure how he's gonna get involved in the ninja world. Sadly it would seem Yagura is gonna continue to be Mizukage. I'm not sure how he's gonna get involved with the story if he's still in hiding and avoid use of his main weapon. Would the same blood mist that took Kiro Uchiha, also take in Hisato? I don't know how he's gonna be allowed to become a ninja.

I want his most notable skills to be his ostaclast bone weapons. As for reference, I'm not sure how he's gonna get involved in the ninja world. Sadly it would seem Yagura is gonna continue to be Mizukage. I'm not sure how he's gonna get involved with the story if he's still in hiding and avoid use of his main weapon. Would the same blood mist that took Kiro Uchiha, also take in Hisato? I don't know how he's gonna be allowed to become a ninja.
The general idea was that all the mist OCs would've be raised/trained by fringe groups or more ambitious people who wanted to use their kekkei genkai. He'd be allowed to be a ninja since Mei would be in charge by the time he graduated.

And in that case I would add some mention of what weapons he favors.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Name: Yua Tameru
Village: Sunagakure
Jutsu type: Poison-Release (Kekkei Genkai), Staff-Based Taijutsu, Wind Release
Description: About average height for her age with a slight tan, green eyes and short brown hair. Covering her head with a straw sun hat, she also wears a light purple vest over a sleeveless black top and matching colored knee-high bottoms along with a pair of brown sandals. Wears a pair of black arm sleeves that have a purple scorpion symbols across each and also fancies a pair of silver earrings for some added flair.
Bio: As a member of the Tameru Clan, a clan infamous for being "deadly to the touch", she had grown up feeling like she was being judged by others within the village. Thus Yua grew up feeling a touch isolated outside her clan. Still, Yua was not gonna let this bit of ill-informed reputation drag her down striving to be the best Kunoichi she can be and help promote a more complete picture of what the Tameru Clan is all about.
Dislikes: Rude People & Spicy Food

A bit short and sweet but I hope otherwise it is okay.

The general idea was that all the mist OCs would've be raised/trained by fringe groups or more ambitious people who wanted to use their kekkei genkai.

I'm thinking about having Hisato's adoptive caretaker to be a pirate of sorts using Hisato and his kekkei genkai ability to plunder ships near the mist village.

.And in that case I would add some mention of what weapons he favors.

Bone sword. Preferably the ones that stick out from the wrist.

The bone armor is neat, but wrist swords first and foremost.

Name: Yua Tameru
Jutsu type: Poison-Release (Kekkei Genkai), Staff-Based Taijutsu, Wind Release
Description: About average height for her age with a slight tan, green eyes and short brown hair. Covering her head with a straw sun hat, she also wears a light purple vest over a sleeveless black top and matching colored knee-high bottoms along with a pair of brown sandals. Wears a pair of black arm sleeves that have a purple scorpion symbols across each and also fancies a pair of silver earrings for some added flair.
Bio: As a member of the Tameru Clan, a clan infamous for being "deadly to the touch", she had grown up feeling like she was being judged by others within the village. Thus Yua grew up feeling a touch isolated outside her clan. Still, Yua was not gonna let this bit of ill-informed reputation drag her down striving to be the best Kunoichi she can be and help promote a more complete picture of what the Tameru Clan is all about.
Dislikes: Rude People & Spicy Food

A bit short and sweet but I hope otherwise it is okay.
So her kekkei genkai can't be turned off? She's always poisonous to others or...?

Name: Bao Dango
Village:
Jutsu type: Vacuum Release, Zentogan (future eye)
Appearance: The most notable quality of Bao are his eyes that bear the Zentogan, turning them Jade around the edges with a white-gold flower pattern replacing his irises; however, in his neutral state his eyes are simply amber colored. Beyond that, Bao is not particularly remarkable in his looks. He stands at about an average height, and while he has a toned muscular physique, it is hidden beneath the sleeves of his tan bomber jacket that he wears over a dark grey shirt and Kumogakure vest. His skin is tan from his days spent outside and his unruly white hair is only kept out of his eyes by the crooked white headband he pushes it up with. He also wears black pants that he tucks into the typical shinobi shoes.
Bio:
When most children ask their parents how babies are made, they are fed a ridiculous story about how a stork dropped them off one day or something. For Bao, the ridiculous story is actually true. One day, an eagle passing overhead lost grip of the squirming child it had been hunting and dropped him into a fruit basket of a humble family in Kumogakure that ran a food cart.

This family would take him in as their own and raise him in the shinobi village. Unlike many others, his childhood experience from that point onward would be a pleasant one. As soon as he learned how to speak, Bao named himself after his favorite meal and his favorite treat (making Dango his last name since dessert always comes after the meal). As a very dutiful and kind son, his days were mostly spent working at the food cart; a job which allowed him to develop quite a good rapport with most of the villagers and overall become well liked.

He was extremely grateful to the village for their welcoming embrace, and as such grew to strongly love Kumogakure, wanting to do anything he could for the sake of the people. One day to express his gratitude, a young Bao decided to wander outside the village to pick fruit to prepare his adoptive father’s favorite pie and was attacked by a mountain lion. The first lunge left a slash along the front of Bao’s chest, and the second would have finished him if it wasn’t for the desperate situation awakening his Zentogan, allowing him to narrowly escape with only a scratch along his forehead. The third and final attack then stood no chance as the Fourth Raikage burst onto the scene and defeated the beast with minimal effort.

Though he was wailing in tears, the raikage comforted the child and took an interest in his unique dojutsu, offering to train him to become a shinobi so that he could protect himself and others. At that moment the tears stopped, and Bao nodded in acceptance as he realized that was the path he wished to take.

From then on, Bao trained everyday under the instruction of A and continued to surprise after displaying his unique vacuum release in addition to his dojutsu. Though he progressed at a proficient rate learning Nintaijutsu underneath some of the best tutelage, his growth never seemed like it was living up to his potential as he was unable to physically execute the same forms as the Raikage with near enough strength for them to be effective. It wasn’t until he caught a glimpse of Killer B training that Bao’s growth would be accelerated.

Watching the unique Kenjutsu style, the boy realized he could never reach the level of his masters unless he developed individualized techniques that played to his strength. This led to him developing a nintaijutsu revolving around using fluid motions to create a strong defense and landing critical blows and counter attacks on exposed opponents.
Dislikes: Sour foods, fancy/tight clothes, gardening, reading maps, keeping secrets

Last edited:

jade421

Previously Sarah316
So her kekkei genkai can't be turned off? She's always poisonous to others or...?

Oh no. She can produce the poison from her body at will (Sort of like how Bakugou from MHA can make his sweat explosive) though she can only call upon a limited amount being a Genin. She'll have to up her stamina as she goes along to produce more poison.

Last edited:
I think his backstory works, is the character good to go?

Name: Hisato Gato
Village: Mist
Jutsu type: Wind
Description: white hair. Shoulder length on the right side loosely hangs down. Split in the center. Jaw length on the left side. Pale blue eyes, noticeably short eyebrows, average build, fairly muscular. He wears a light brown tunic with a purple overcoat that extends down to his knees. underneath that he wears pants that stop at his shins ,and a rope belt around his pants(similar to orochimaru), bandages around his feet that go up to his knees(doesn't cover his toes), Bandages on his arms that go up to his mid part of his forearm(don't cover his fingers or palm). He wears black fingerless gloves with a big hole in the palm as that's where he draws his sword from ,and black ninja shoes.

Personality: Hisato is a fairly nice boy ,but also a bit awkward. Not shy by any means of the word ,but can be fairly obvious at times his social skills as less than sub par. Despite this he does put effort into being more graceful in social interactions which often times just leads to him further proving him to be awkward. When he isn't being overly awkward, he's super loud, cheerful, and overall hyped. Everything is exciting. well except horribly unethical weird stuff, but that's not important now. Hisato just wants to be your friend, tell jokes, and challenge you to a fight.

Bio: Hisato never learned who his real parents were and why he was alone, but he did know the man raising him wasn't his real dad. The man who raised him was neither a father figure or even a good influence on him. He took Hisato in for free child labor.

His adoptive caretaker had him moving crates and barrels from a very early age. Doing odd tasks like cleaning and delivering letters.

Many of Hisato's work was done on boats out at sea. His adoptive caretaker was a pirate. He robbed and plundered ships and much of the crates and barrels were filled with their loot. His caretaker knew of his kekkei genkai which was part of the reason why he wanted the boy. His caretaker trained the boy in taijutsu so that he could be used to rob better ships. As it currently stood, their pirategroup only robbed small merchant ships. His adoptive father had a gambling addiction and would make Hisato fight people and would bet on Hisato to win.

When Hisato was winning he was the rough and tough Hisato earning his food and shelter. When he was losing though, he was just that ungrateful child losing his caretaker's money. Hisato normally trained 7 hours a day, but when he lost, he'd have to train 14 hours a day. Though his caretaker forbid him from using his kekkei genkai in these fights.

Hisato also did training with his free time. During his free time training, this is when he practiced his shikotsumyaku the most. His free time was mostly spent in a secluded isolated training area that only Hisato knew how to find. For his secret training area was a small underground cave covered up by bushes, shrubs, and vines. Hisato liked his secret location because he'd oftentimes sneak off to get a nap or secret train.

Throughout Hisato's years growing up, one thing that interested him was the idea of becoming a ninja. Then he could fight all sorts of people and unlike pirates, ninjas were liked and well respected. Hisato was also likes the idea of being independent from the pirates he worked with.

Dislikes: people that don't like vibing, natto, and silence

Kekkei Genkai (y/n): Yes. Shikotsumyaku(Same as Kimimaro)
->if yes, explain: He inherited it from his parents. It's the same one that Kimimaro has.
Clan Hiden (y/n): Nnnno?
-> if yes, explain:
Chakra Nature:
Wind

sSoul

Previously Swirled
So regarding FBS's stat multipliers: I was thinking a 1.5* multiplier for the "flashing"(multicolored) phase and a 3* multiplier for the burst(monochromatic) phases. Ik there are no concrete numbers to apply these multipliers to, but I do want feedback on the reasonability of these numbers. Additionally, I want to know when it would be appropriate for Taiyo to access the burst phases

lol mostly a lot of dicking around
People are realizing that social interaction is actually necessary for an RP to progress, they're stunned and delighted at the discovery and have been playing around with their new-found ability to generate content.
I hope we aren't about to start jumping plot soon cause I still haven't had an opportunity for Hisato to jump in yet.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Name: Mori Tetsushi
Jutsu type: Earth(specifically sand style), wind and magnet release being his kekkei genkai

Description: Standing at his mighty 5'2, Mori isn't the first person you'd see as a threat. Being short and thin, he seems more like a joke in combat. And you'd be right. Standing next to his 10 foot staff, he really is small. Mori sports silver hair, with streaks of what look like gold. His eyes being a pale green. His normal attire consists of a red long sleeved shirt, having large baggy sleeves and fingerless gloves to top it off. Though on his bottom he keeps it nice and loose with a pair of shorts. His belt is adorned with multiple kunai, shuriken and vials filled with what looks like Metal filings and sand. Mori wears his headband around his upper arm, leaving it there. To finish his entire look, he wears what looks like a jacket around his waist. A jacket that is only given to certain members of the clan, with his one being a dull black.

Hiden: Iron Demon Technique: The Tetsushi clan are a clan that hail in the far regions of the Sunagakure. They are well known for their skill with Ninjutsu and Taijutsu, using their Kekkei Genkai in unison with Taijutsu. This has lead to their development of the Iron Demon Technique. This involves their magnet release, being used constantly on their own weapons to change the strength, density, length and sometimes even shape, or their weapons. By using metal filings in conjunction with sand, or for those who don't possess the kekkai genkai use only sand, they add it to their weapon of choice. They can condense it over a weapon to toughen it, or if they want they can use it to change some aspects to it. It is an incredibly difficult technique to use in combat, as it can be hard to use the technique while fighting in close quarters. So far, Mori has only been able to increase and decrease the length of his staff and bend it but he is yet to fully master it. Without his weapons Mori can still use some of the techniques on himself. Fuller applications of this technique allow for some members being able to make dramatic increases to their weapons, or even to themselves. This technique relies of sand and metal filings, which the user would have hidden around various parts of their body. For example in Mori's sleeves he has multiple bands on his arms that contain metal filings and sand allowing him to use this technique to make his arms more durable, and have them be used as an extension of his own limbs. Though this does make them targets for lightning users since most are walking lightning rods. Mori is still practising this kekkei genkai as there are so many other uses it could have that he needs to explore

Bio: Hailing in the far reaches of the Sunagakure village, Mori comes from the Tetsushi clan. A reclusive clan that don't interact too much with other clans. This clan is known for their small select of magnet users, with only a handful being around at most. Those that have the kekkei genkai are looked up to by their peers, with a lot of them being treated with upmost respect. Though this comes with seriously high expectations. Members with the kekkei genkai are first separated from the others, often given a piece of white clothing with the clan's symbol woven in with golden thread. This separates them from others as it marks them already as an elite ninja as they are expected to reach high high standards.

Mori was born into the Tetsushi clan, with both his parents being wielders of magnet release. This has already started his life out with expectations as he was supposed to become a strong shinobi. Mori became proficient with a bostaff at a young age, with him preferring it over swords and chains. Albeit at the start he was slow with ninjutsu, he soon became adept at using it as he became well versed with sand style jutsu at a young age. Though Ninjutsu and Taijutsu weren't the only things he was introduced to. Mori also came into a little thing he loves to call "absolutely crushing your opponents" otherwise known as winning to you normal people. This has given him his fighting spirit as he despises losing and his parents made sure to make him realise losers don't go anywhere. Mori's strength always relied on taijutsu and ninjutsu, genjutsu was just something he never really needed in his eyes. This lust for winning has made him the kind of person who's willing to risk everything for victory, giving him a will of iron but a heart of stone. Winning is what's important, that's all that matters to him.

When he was around 9 years old he began to train more with his kekkei genkai as he practised it. He found it slightly harder than his usual jutsu but for the time being he simply managed. He struggled, finding it harder than others to use it. Practising with the metal filings to just get his staff an inch larger, it was the small things like that which really tried him. Always having to be ready to use his staff when needed. As time passed he became more versatile with the technique, learning offensive and defensive moves.

Likes: Being the best, simply winning, dango he likes dango. Well he likes Mochi in general but he just has a soft spot for dango. Though another thing he loves with equal passion is red bean dumplings, he adores these. When he's not being competitive as all hell, he has a lot of likes. One thing he loves a lot is just sleeping.

Dislikes: Having to work in a team, or having to work in a team more that is more than two people. He doesn't mind one person, but any more and he finds it hard to cooperate as he's always going off on his own. It may be his downfall, his pride. He also hates spicy food and for some reason the colour purple.