• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Naruto: Everyone's Ninja Way

Chunin Exams Bracket Update!

1653845788643.png

I mean I get the reasoning just more a shocker this happened. Kyuu leaving the Discord Server left me uninformed lol

I feel for Kenji. Man's had two matches but hasn't had the chance to show literally anything lol and not sure how to play with this in-universe
Frankly, it's more effective for me to keep people informed via the discussion thread since it'll actually get read as opposed to getting lost in the hundreds of discord messages.

However, this does bring up a point of discussion. The entire top bracket has passed through their matches via forfeit or their opponents dropping out of the RP. Quite frankly, this completely compromises our ability to judge them based on their performance since, as you've pointed out with Kenji, they don't really have much in the way of performance.

That said, we need to find an alternative means of judging them or scrap judgment altogether.

There are a number of solutions we could implement, so we'll take suggestions and see what's to be done.

Frankly, it's more effective for me to keep people informed via the discussion thread since it'll actually get read as opposed to getting lost in the hundreds of discord messages.

However, this does bring up a point of discussion. The entire top bracket has passed through their matches via forfeit or their opponents dropping out of the RP. Quite frankly, this completely compromises our ability to judge them based on their performance since, as you've pointed out with Kenji, they don't really have much in the way of performance.

That said, we need to find an alternative means of judging them or scrap judgment altogether.

There are a number of solutions we could implement, so we'll take suggestions and see what's to be done.
I mean, I am open to any option really. Kenji is in a weird spot, he is in the semi-finals in-universe so he has at least two victories. Pretty good showing. But since those matches either only just got started (Or in Raiku's case, never started) there is nothing you can pull from it far as skill evaluation is concerned.

In my opinion, the exams have lost a lot of their value as grounds for people to display what their character can do. Truthfully, the characters should've shown off their fighting capabilities during the forest of death so that the exams would just scale them against each other.

As it stands, some characters will have to get their first good showing in a follow-up arc of some sort.

However, all of that is OOC perception and assessment. IC we'd have to assume some level of competence for internal consistency. An assumed level of competence can be messy because we judge more off OOC perception than IC perception; to combat that I think we should look at pitching some feats for characters, explaining their specialties, and how skilled they're supposed to be at certain things. I'll likely start off with my own character as an example.

Regarding the exams, we could have everyone who made it to the semi-finals pass.

In my opinion, the exams have lost a lot of their value as grounds for people to display what their character can do. Truthfully, the characters should've shown off their fighting capabilities during the forest of death so that the exams would just scale them against each other.

As it stands, some characters will have to get their first good showing in a follow-up arc of some sort.

However, all of that is OOC perception and assessment. IC we'd have to assume some level of competence for internal consistency. An assumed level of competence can be messy because we judge more off OOC perception than IC perception; to combat that I think we should look at pitching some feats for characters, explaining their specialties, and how skilled they're supposed to be at certain things. I'll likely start off with my own character as an example.

Regarding the exams, we could have everyone who made it to the semi-finals pass.
I mean I find this subjective. Personally my cast who did get fights (Tomiko and Azumi) I felt got some pretty good showings in their first round matches both in character and their abilities. I've had quite a good haul of value to pull from this. Kenji is the outlier only because he has not had a match yet XD

I mean I find this subjective. Personally my cast who did get fights (Tomiko and Azumi) I felt got some pretty good showings in their first round matches both in character and their abilities. I've had quite a good haul of value to pull from this. Kenji is the outlier only because he has not had a match yet XD
Aye, it was my opinion after all.

I'm going to suggest we create some radar charts that allow us to generalize our character's skills at the start of the RP.

This is a radar chart:
1653891267330.png

It's simple and understandable at a glance, making it ideal for what we plan to do.

I don't believe a single chart will give us the overview we're looking for, so I'd want to follow the example of a character sheet like this:
1653891365403.png

It allows each chart to cover an aspect of the character and the vertexes are various traits under that aspect. For something like Naruto, we would have something like:

1653891564839.png

I would propose we divide this into three charts: Physical Capability(includes taijutsu), Ninjutsu, and Genjutsu.

The reason I wouldn't want them all on one chart is because ninjutsu and genjutsu are both complex and would have traits that I don't want to gloss over, e.g. genjutsu resistance, shape transformation, nature transformation, etc.

What are your thoughts and any changes or supplements you'd suggest?

Aye, it was my opinion after all.

I'm going to suggest we create some radar charts that allow us to generalize our character's skills at the start of the RP.

This is a radar chart:
View attachment 945961

It's simple and understandable at a glance, making it ideal for what we plan to do.

I don't believe a single chart will give us the overview we're looking for, so I'd want to follow the example of a character sheet like this:
View attachment 945962

It allows each chart to cover an aspect of the character and the vertexes are various traits under that aspect. For something like Naruto, we would have something like:

View attachment 945964

I would propose we divide this into three charts: Physical Capability(includes taijutsu), Ninjutsu, and Genjutsu.

The reason I wouldn't want them all on one chart is because ninjutsu and genjutsu are both complex and would have traits that I don't want to gloss over, e.g. genjutsu resistance, shape transformation, nature transformation, etc.

What are your thoughts and any changes or supplements you'd suggest?
Suppose my question would be how I make a chart like this, given I lack artistic talent and well don't really know what numerical metrics match the scale of scores for this chart.

But I do like the idea in general. Sort of like the ninja card stats Kabuto have. A good general view of what our cast is strong and weak in that while obviously can't tell the whole story does help paint an initial picture.

Suppose my question would be how I make a chart like this, given I lack artistic talent and well don't really know what numerical metrics match the scale of scores for this chart.

But I do like the idea in general. Sort of like the ninja card stats Kabuto have. A good general view of what our cast is strong and weak in that while obviously can't tell the whole story does help paint an initial picture.
I found an online radar chart maker, so we could just use that.

It allows you to add indexes and change the number metrics, so creating the chart shouldn't be a problem. All we'd need to agree on is what values we're going to use and how we want the numbers.

I'd like to talk about the numbers first since that will help with keeping things to scale. I'd propose the numbers cap at 100. Yes, it's a big number and that's because I want to take into account power-ups like the curse mark which multiplies your power 10 fold.

The scale will not be perfectly linear since the series doesn't work like that. I envision the numbers acting like:

0 - 4 —Academy Student Level
5 - 15 — Genin Level
16 - 30 — Low Chunin
31 - 65 — Middle Chunin
66 - 99 — High Chunin
100 — Jonin

These are numbers off the top of my head, so don't think about it too much. The reason why I divided chunin into three tiers is that the divide is actually that wide in my view.

Compare Forest of Death Sasuke
This version of Sasuke can't even keep up with weighted Lee (funnily, this implies weighted Lee was moving faster than Orochimaru did here)

To post-Chidori Training Sasuke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8swZfrIjbec
This version of Sasuke has copied weightless Lee's speed.

and then to Valley of the End Sasuke
This Sasuke is casually giving the hands to Naruto who's entered 0 tails (red eyes)

This is before getting a x10 or higher amp from the Curse Mark and all these versions of Sasuke are considered in-universe to be relative to chunin (in strength).

So from Forest of Death to Curse Mark 2, that wide range of power is roughly 'chunin', there's obviously some massive disparity between the lowest end of chunin and the highest end.

At the moment, this chart is only meant to go up to chunin. Similarly, massive gaps in power exist between Jonin and Kage, but those aren't relevant to our discussion.

Last edited:
So lets say Sagisō's chart looked like this:
1653940302382.png

I specific 'Aqua Forme' in the title since it's one of her physical amps and so these stats would only hold true when she's under the effects of this buff. Ideally, you'd be able to compare this against another chart of her physical stats in base and you can get a solid feel of how much stronger her buff makes her and where her skills are/should be in relation to your own character.

This, combined with a list of what skills and abilities your character has i.e. jutsu and otherwise, will allow people to have a strong grasp of what your character can do and how they should be treated.

I hope I'm not too late!

Name: Genji Kakrito
Village: Stone
Jutsu type: Fire
Description: Green hair. He likes to wear hoodies, but in this particular, he wears a hoodie with flame patterns on it. He has ripped jeans, and wears Black trainers (I haven't watched much of the anime, so sorry if I have not got the dress code right!

Personality: He's a friendly guy, but loves to fight. Nothing else to say.

Bio: Being left at Stone, he was trained by a man he looked up to. He showed him the ways of the Ninja, and Genji admired him. His quest, decided at just 6 years of age, was to become a Hokage. He learned Fireball at 8 years of age, and Shadow Clone at 12 years.

Likes:Ramen, hype/vibing, Hokages, fighting, and rocks (don't ask!!)
Dislikes: people that don't like vibing, natto, Hokages and if they are rouges!

Kekkei Genkai (y/n): No
Clan Hiden (y/n): Na man
Chakra Nature: Fire