• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open A wild world of wild wealth!

(First off, I should say that this is my FIRST TIME EVER doing something like this as I am new to Poke charms. I do hope everyone who chooses to join will get along.)
In this RP, you take the eyes of any Person or Pokémon you so choose (almost :p), your paths will be intertwined with others should you wish it and if you're a Pokémon, you should avoid being caught by Trainers at all cost so you can live the life you choose (Unless you suddenly decide to make a trainer char as well as a Pokémon just like I might :p)

Now let's go over the rules.
-Feel free to RP as a Human or Pokémon. Good or Bad as well.
-Follow the official roleplay rules
-Mythicals, Legendaries, Ultra Beasts, Megas and Dittos are NOT ALLOWED
-Please RP with only ONE character as to avoid confusion, Trainers are allowed to RP with their owned Pokémon.
-DO NOT make your character/Pokémon overpowered, be as fair as possible.
-No bad language.
-Romance is permitted as long as it is nowhere beyond kissing.
-Evolution is permitted but DO NOT make yourself overpowered.
-Enjoy!

RP Bio: A world teeming with many ancient ruins and glorious hidden riches, big or small. Your character is one of those who wishes to claim said treasure. Your role is how you obtain it. (No this is not like pirates :p)

Name:
Personality:
Appearance:
Hobbies:
Pokémon team: (If human)

~RP Time!~

Name: Adam
Species: Kirlia (At the start), Gallade (Currently)
Personality: Adventurous, Playful, Confident, Laid back
Dislikes: Doing nothing, Rain, Being told what to do, Being mistaken for a girl.
Appearance: Has a golden bracelet on his right wrist, a little purple scarf torn at the edges around his neck and a blade of wheat grass in his mouth.
Hobbies: Playing with Pokémon, Making jokes, Hunting for treasure.

(Might make a human char who'd catch this char, sorry if it's considered a bad move or so.)

Adam happily jumped from tree branch to tree branch, doing a front flip from time to time before stumbling across a clear pond. He jumped off the tree and lightly walked toward the pond, he then knelt down and started to drink some of the water, scooping as much as he can and shovelling it into his mouth, unaware of his surroundings...

Last edited:
Name: Chase
Species: human
Personality: cheerful, extroverted, and kind.
Dislikes: Not having anything to do, milk, Fearow.
Appearance: blonde hair, blue eyes, 5’6”, wears blue jeans and a gray hoodie (unless it is hot, than he wears a gray t-shirt)Treeko is normally on his shoulder.
Hobbies: running, looking for Pokemon, treasure hunting.
————————————————————
Chase and treeko saw a pond in the distance and rushed to it as fast as they could due to the 19 mile ( 30.5 kilometer) walk they just went througu with no hydration. “We made it Treeko!” Chase exclaimed. He looked up and saw a kirlia at the other side.”Hey! Are you all by yourself?!”

Adam looked up curiously and nodded at the trainer "I am." Given that he was a Pokémon, the trainer couldn't tell what he was saying. He then continued to drink some of the water, but his eyes remained fixed on the trainer, showing signs of caution. Afterward he stood up and got out a blade of wheat grass, holding it with his mouth.

Lets do it.
Side note, you should change the OC template slightly to accommodate for a PKMN party should the RPer so choose to have one.

Name: Perry Mason (Yup. Fight me.)
Species: Human
Personality: Perry is a thoroughly cunning being. He is a natural leader and a sore follower. Having said that, Perry always has a problem with the authority and strives to topple them, whether it be through a divisive power struggle or a well fought Pokemon battle.
Likes: Perry enjoys causing problems, learning new things, being controlling, and trying to sound way smarter then he actually is.
Dislikes: Other people. And their problems. And everything that goes with them.
Appearance: Perry's a tall, blond, emo wannabe. Expertly tousled and mussed hair stick up under his hoodie like spikes. His grayish-black cargo pants are lined with pockets from mid thigh up to the hem of the pants, and the bottoms of the pants are tucked over tall, military style boots.
Hobbies: Messing around, joking with the corner store clerk, bartering with the corner store clerk, stealing from the corner store clerk, and so on.
Party: Nuzleaf, Sigilyph, Buizel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Perry Mason, a distraught young boy - even more so because of his unfortunately accurate namesake - was, in very way, a belligerent, manipulative and sassy child. Unfortunately, he loved to speak of himself in the third person as well. He did this as his Nuzleaf beat up a very, very sorry Pidgey who thought it should use Gust at the worst time possible. When the Nuzleaf had sufficiently vented its anger, Perry walked off into the forest, trampling over the innocent plant life with as much flair as he could muster without seeming too dramatic. Perry, all of a sudden, stumbled into a clearing with a lake. Unfortunately, Perry didn't realize that the lake was at least three feet deep, or for that matter, even in existence until an embarrasing sploosh let him know. Face flaming, Perry yanked his foot from the lake, which made unnecessarily loud sucking noises as his now-soggy boot left the water. He looked around, perhaps wondering if anyone else had witnessed his faux pas. Several Pokemon and a trainer stood looking at him curiously as he pulled an Ultra Ball from his pocket. Perry, while trying to recover a bit of his dignity, leaned against a tree and made every effort to look cool. But alas, it was to no avail. The tree he had leaned on was not exactly a tree. It was a Trevenant. Perry let out a little girl scream as the Pokemon cackled and scuttled away. At this point, Perry decided to abandon all hopes of recovering his dignity and bent to retrieve his Ultra Ball. He looked at the trainer who stood several yards away.
"You there, out yonder! I challenge thee to a duel!" he said with an exaggerated bow.

Hello!
Name: Arya
Species: Electrike
Personality: Arya has a quiet and warm nature. She's not very well adjusted with interacting with other Pokemon and tends to fall into awkward situations. However, once she familiarizes herself with other Pokemon she can be bubbly around them.
Dislikes: Winter and Hostility.
Appearance: Arya has the typical silken green fur of an Electrike. Her optics carry a hazel hue to them and her facial features are smoothened to be more feminine. The Electrike has a lean and small build to Accommodate her agility.
Hobbies: Fishing and observing plant life
Pokémon team: N/A

Name: Kiara
Personality: Kiara - who also goes by Kiki - is a strong-willed girl, who is determined. She is very sweet and upbeat. The girl is very friendly, loving to make connections where she travels! However, Kiki is rather stubborn and proud, which is often puts her disadvantage when it comes to surrendering during a fight. She's gotten beaten up more than enough times. Kiki is also very pushy when she believes she's in the right, often not respecting others feelings or preferences if she believes she has a better way.
Likes: Cats, cat-like pokemon, books, fairy-type pokemon, pretty things, fashion
Dislikes: Failure, embarrassment, disrespect, laziness, liars, lack of manners
Appearance: Kiara a tiny girl, just reaching the 5'0 marking, though she'll often claim that the additional centimeters can be rounded into an extra inch. She's an average looking girl, with freckle-riddle brown skin and dark brown eyes. Her black hair is cropped to just above her shoulders, messily as if chopped off with a jagged knife, with the bangs hanging down to her chest. She wears a black shirt, a red overall skirt, black leggings and red slippers.
Hobbies: Fashion, Training, Art
Pokémon team: Fennekin, Eevee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kiki Pearce liked the woods. There was always plenty of Pokemon hanging around, ready to capture, with lots of room for training and beautiful flora for her to sketch. In all? It was relatively peaceful, something the girl didn't get often on her trip. This particular area had an abundance of trees, so after a quick climb, she managed to get a nice view of the scenery. The few hours Kiki sat sketching were pleasant until she heard a loud screech. She peered from over the edge, worrying that a young child had gotten hurt, only to see an edgy teen yelling at some boy. She raised an eyebrow, going back to drawing the beautiful flower next to her. Kiki wouldn't get involved...probably.

Last edited:
I think I'll join too

Name: Socks
Species: Glameow
Personality: Sassy and a little bit snarky. He often comes off as rude but doesn't always mean too, he's not great with his emotions and doesn't really know how to express himself. He tries his best to appear tough but isn't very strong and he startles easily.
Dislikes: Trainers, pokemon who talk too much and the heat.
Appearance: A seemingly average Glameow aside from the fact that his tail only curls twice instead of the average three that most Glameow's tails curl and only one of his ears is tipped with white.
Hobbies: Climbing trees, napping and actively avoiding humans.

Socks flicked an ear as he gazed out over the area bellow him. He was perched near the top of a smaller birch tree that was over looking a lake, he shifted slightly as a breeze brushed through the leaves that surrounded him, filling his ears with a quiet rustling. Down below there were other pokemon and of course, trainers. He kept his eyes on them not wishing to be caught off guard, even from up in the tree. The thought of being caught and put into a pokeball sent a shiver down his spine and he shook himself, trying to dispel the feeling but to no avail. Socks stood and paced towards the end of his branch, not too close but just enough so that he could get a better view while hopefully still remaining unseen.

As the two trainers at the pond started to make eye contact with each other, Adam used the opportunity to disappear and continue on his treasure hunt. He used Teleport to go on to a nearby tree, unintentionally close to a certain glameow. He leaned against the end of the tree trunk on the branch that said glameow was on. "How's it going?" He said with a soft smile, swirling the wheat grass at the end of his mouth.

Last edited:
Name: Frubble
Species: Froakie
Personality: Calm and collected but can get heated and childish sometimes
Dislikes: Grass/Electric Types, people who disturb him
Appearance: Like a froakie
Hobbies: Running around looking for stuff to do

Frubble held his back onto a tree as he lay down in the shade, he watched some trainers talking and decided it was time to leave. He jumped onto a branch and quickly began to bounce between each branch moving at a swift pace, he saw a kirlia appear on a branch next to a glameow, he jumped between them "Hi," he then jumped away "And bye," he said and grinned as he kept moving.

Last edited:
Arya took light pads through a forest, enjoying the tranquillity of the scenery. Pokemon softly stirred in the undergrowth as she parted her way through the terrain. Although the Elecktrike would much rather prefer slouching back against the twisted roots of a tree and observing her surroundings she was on a quest. Her hazel gaze glanced about, searching for a fitting area to develop a home in. Her sluggish walk broke into a trot as she became eager to find this land.

Socks jumped with a startled yelp, his tail straightening out in fear before he forced himself to relax, letting his tail curl back and acting like nothing had happened. He spun around on his branch to see a Kirlia. Socks narrowed his eyes and frowned for a moment, opening his mouth to allow angry comments attack said Kirlia but stopped as yet another pokemon invaded his personal space, this one being a Froakie. "Hi," Socks just started at him for a moment, mouth hanging open, "And bye" the Froakie disappeared and he was left staring at the spot it had been. He closed his mouth, shook himself and turned his attention back to the Kirlia. "It's very rude to startle people you know. but then again you obviously don't have manners," he sat back down and scratched at his ear with his back paw, "Idiot," he muttered quietly but it didn't have any real venom behind it.

Adam gave the glameow a shrug "Well as I was raised alone with practically nobody taking care of me, I mainly focused on surviving and treasure hunting, so I'm no pro in the manners department." he said in a nonchalant manner "So excuse me for my rudeness." He got out a little map and started looking at it to choose his next destination. "Ah, perfect! There are some ruins nearby, so I might be able to score myself some treasure." he said before he put his map away and looked at the glameow, he took the wheat out of his mouth. "Well, unless you feel like finding some treasure, I suppose I'll just dash and leave you to... whatever it is you're doing." He said before he put the wheat back in his mouth.

Socks gave the Kirlia a long look before letting out a defeated sigh, he dropped his head and stood back up. "What do I have to loose?" It was more of a question than a statement and he shrugged before nodding at the Kirlia. "Names Socks - don't laugh at it -" He narrowed his eyes into a glare again before relaxing, " - and you are?"

Arya's fur bristled with bewilderment as a screech pierced through the quiet nature of the forest. She pinned her ears towards the noise and pawed at the ground nervously. Should I go investigate it? What if someone needs help! But I could get hurt... She heaved in a constricted breath. The Electrike would feel too much guilt on her conscience if she ignored the yelp. Her paws began to carry her towards the noise as she deftly pelted through the terrain.

The Electrike soon skidded to a halt as beyond she could see a Kirlia commuting with a Glameow. She crept forward and peeked over a hedge. No threat seemed to be clearly present. She released a relieved sigh.

Adam smiled and walked toward Socks, he held his hand out to him "The name's Adam, and for the record, I don't see what's so funny about your name, it's your choice of identification after all. I do hope we get along even after getting off on the wrong foot... or paw -so to speak."

Socks's usual scowl lifted for a moment at Adam's words and he lifted a paw to shake the other's hand. After setting his paw back down his usual scowl found it's way back onto his face as he pricked his ears, he could've sworn he'd heard something but he brushed it off and turned back to Adam. "So, where to? And what exactly is this 'treasure' you speak of, cause if it's something pointless like -" He waved a paw in the air, searching for something he deemed useless, "- a... tree..? You know what just go with it, I'm not hunting down one specific tree, like I like trees and all but no thanks, there's tons of them ya know?" he asked feeling a little dumb at his use of 'a tree' but he was pretty sure Adam got what he meant.

Adam chuckled faintly before he looked at his map once more. "If my directions are correct -and they usually are- the treasure should be... to the north-east from where we are now. I do hope you're good when it comes from jumping tree to tree." He said before he put his map away and backflipped to another tree branch. "As for the treasure, I hear it holds valuable gems and stones, some of which fetch a high price to certain collectors that I know. If you tag along, I'll give you a fair amount for you to take, because if there's one thing we treasure hunters follow: Only take as much as you can carry. So, you coming or what?" he lightly beckoned before he turned around and got ready to jump to the next tree.

As if to answer his question, Socks took a running leap, jumping gracefully from branch to branch on his own tree, trying to get as close as he could to Adam's tree, not really wishing to fall. Many say that a Glameow always lands on it's feet, Socks himself has very strong proof that that statement is very incorrect. He backed up on his chosen branch before running towards the end of the branch and leaping onto a branch on Adam's tree. His paws scrabbled for a minute before he found his footing and dug his claws into the branch, steadying himself. He glanced around for Adam before finding him and nodding. His own branch being bellow and to the right of the one Adam had landed on.

Adam chuckled once more and leaped gracefully off his branch and on to the ground, gracefully he landed on his feet. "That's fine, we can just run, no shame if you can't." he said with a bright smile. Moments later he briefly turned his head to a hedge where a certain Elektrike was hiding, he gave the latter a small wink before he turned his attention back to the glameow above.

Arya now revealed herself by scrambling into the clearing and watching the Glameow and Kirlia prance away. That was a turn of events... Why did they scream? The Electrike shrugged her shoulder, dismissing the thought and continued her stroll through the lush terrain. Although she insisted she should continue her search for a home, the two Pokemon talk of the treasure was enticing. She paused and glanced back to the pair who seemed to be fading out of her render the farther they went.

Socks jumped down the tree from branch to branch as if trying to prove that he could do it. On the last branch he jumped down but didn't stick the landing as well as he would've like to. He shook himself out and frowned at Adam with narrowed eyes, "You didn't see that." He paused for a second, glancing around before he used one paw, gesturing to Adam as if to say 'lead the way'. So off they went.

He shrugged and brushed off Sock's 'landing' "See what?" he said with a wink before he turned north-east and started running rather fast... for someone who wasn't raised by a guardian, he sure had the skills that would prove some people wrong. As he ran through the woods for what seemed like hours, he and Socks could spot a small temple surrounded by the many trees ahead of him. "Bingo!" he shouted. "Now let's get treasure hunting!"

When they stopped Socks was panting. His paws hurt and his ribs felt like they were trying to crush his hammering heart. Not to mention how hot he felt, he could feel the sun on his back and he wished his coat wasn't such a dark color. "Finally," he muttered when he could finally speak, his ribs having relaxed their relentless squeezing of his vital organs. "This had better be worth it," he uttered but once again it wasn't a serious anger. Despite how hot he was and the pain, he was excited. Hopefully Adam's treasure really was worth something, he could only think of just how many berries he could get with a good amount of treasure. Socks could feel his mouth watering as he thought about the berries, he pushed said thoughts aside, deciding he needed to focus on the present, they had to get this treasure first.

He gave a chuckle at Socks "Relax, I'm sure someday you'll have the stamina to keep up with me!" he said with a look of confidence before he turned back and headed toward the entrance of the temple. As he entered, he was lucky enough to find a few torches, he went to pick one up and quickly scraped it along the wall to light it. Alright, let's go." he said as he began to traverse the somewhat ominous hallways of the temple.

Socks found himself smiling for a minute at Adam's words, maybe he would have some stamina. If he kept up with things like this he surely would right? Socks allowed his scowl to return, in an attempt to keep his 'tough' act up. He padded into the entrance after Adam, shocked at how dark it was, only for a moment though before the torch brought a soft red glow to the area. Socks looked around at what he could see, which, even wit the torch wasn't much. "Alright, let's go." He nodded in response, eyes still trying to scan the area around him. Only when the light began to move away did he realize that Adam was walking on and he rushed to catch up, not really sure he'd want to be alone in a place like this. He shivered thinking about what had to be down here. "Do you know where you're going?" He asked Adam, as he pulled his eyes from the torch to look at the Kirlia.
(My last post for the moment, I'll be back later)

Adam smiled "Nope! But finding the right way is like a puzzle and that's half the fun." he turned back and continued onward, he stopped as he noticed their way was blocked by a door with a strange hole in it. The door was covered with ancient writing in Unown symbols. "Well, what did I tell you: Puzzles!" he looked back and closely observed the writing as to decipher it, he slowly waved his torch to make it easier to read. "Let's see here..."
(K)

Arya had made up her mind. The Elecktrike was too enticed to simply ignore the Glameow and Kirlia's discussion. She would sneak after them and observe the mission. Driven by her eagerness, she bounded after them. Though she lagged behind Arya figured she'd soon catch up. The Electrike tried to keep her steps light and her body hidden in the undergrowth so she wouldn't be spotted. She whisked past trees and bounded over the occasional fallen log as she travelled. Her hazel gaze gleamed blissfully as she enjoyed the surge of fresh air through the run.

Socks glanced at the door in front of them with a frown. "Puzzles, right." He sat down and watched as Adam held the torch closer to the puzzle-door. He sat for a few minutes in silence and scratched at his ear again before standing up again and walking closer, deciding things might go faster if he helped. Socks took one look at the door and was instantly lost, he squinted at it, as it would help him see the puzzles answer. He shook his head and sat back down turning to glance at Adam, "what even...?" he trailed away unsure of what to ask in his state of complete and utter confusion.

Adam focused his attention on the writing "Hmmm... It says... 'Light, the, way.' in one part. What's this stuff in the hole?" he put his left hand and felt something rocky within it, he let it out and noticed he had some black dust smudged on his finger. He brushed it off and pondered, the then looked at his torch. "I wonder..." he put the fire on the torch to the hole in the door and the latter burst into flames! In doing so began to light up the writings and pictures on the wall, making it brighter as the door scraped open.

Socks, whose attention had drifted back to the ground in a state of boredom jumped to his paws, tail straightened in shock as the door began to rumble open. He stared open mouthed and eyes wide at the door and then Adam and then the door again before forcing himself to act casual, as if he hadn't just acted like a frightened Skitty. He forced his tail back into its two curls and took a deep breath in attempts to calm his racing heart. "What just...? The door - how - I... the fire?" He managed to ask when his tongue untied itself. Socks shook his head and simply pointed to the new entrance with his tail, "nevermind, just lead the way." He scowled at the room around them for a minute, deciding that it was the door's fault hat he startled so easily.
(Ugh again my internet crashed, I'll be back later sorry)

Last edited:
Arya, who still crept after the explorers using the temple's corners and walls as coverage, couldn't help but snicker silently at the Glameow's reaction to the door's opening. She scrambled to hush herself as she noticed the noise she suppressed and hoped the two hadn't noticed. When the coast is clear she planned on sneaking into the next room with them.

"We're so close now, I can smell it!" His said with a show of confidence. As he continues to walk deeper and deeper into the temple, he briefly turned his eyes back... not to look at Socks but at the other one who was following them. He sighed and gestured Socks to stop, he looked over to the direction of the entrance. "I know you're following us! You can come out, we won't hurt you!" he called to the Elektrike and folded his arms, patiently he waited for them to appear.

(Sorry wifi died)
Arya's fur bristled as the Kirlia called out to her. Not being one for confrontation, she stifled for a moment before slowly revealing herself, her head bowed in an embarrassed manner. The Elecktrike shifted her gaze to the ground to avoid eye contact and spoke in a murmured tone, trying to explain her intentions.

"I- I'm sorry, I had no ill meaning I just heard you guys talking about and exploration and was interested to watch."

(No worries)
Adam shrugged "Ah it's fine, but why only watch, don't you want some of the treasure as well?" He then pointed at Socks. "By the way, he's called Socks, my name's Adam, what's yours?"

"I suppose."
Arya's fur flattened and smoothed out as they seemed to not pose as a threat. She glanced from Socks to Adam and with a slight grin spread across her maw as she answered warmly.

"I'm Arya, Nice to meet you Adam and Socks... And er sorry for sneaking after you guys." her paws shifted underneath her as she spoke.

He smiles "Nice to meet you too, Arya. Now let's get a move on." he said as he turned around and traversed the hallway once more, after a few minutes of walking, he began to see a faint shimmer at the end. "I think I see it!" he said as his pace slowly became faster and faster. "Before this day is done, we're all gonna be rich!"

Chase moved away from the lake and walked back into the woods. He jumped on a tree and took a quick nap to rest up. He woke up and fell to the ground. He saw some Pokemon in the distance and cautiously walked to them from behind. He soon saw one was a glameow and another was a kirlia. He still could not tell what the last one was but he continued to follow them.

Socks eyed Arya suspiciously, shocked that Adam had noticed her before he had, apparently his nose wasn't as good as he'd once thought, then again he'd been rather lazy lately. He said nothing as they continued on, his tail flicking back and forth like a spring as he glanced at the area around them. More than a couple times as they walked he shot Arya a glance, she seemed nice enough but he wasn't certain, then again he couldn't be sure about Adam he realized. He'd only known the Kirlia for a short amount of time and already he was following Adam's lead. He paused as as Adam announced their closeness, as the others hurried on he followed suit, not wishing to be left out of whatever it was they were going to find. "Are you sure?" He asked as they continued at something close to a brisk trot. He could feel his excitement rising as he noticed the faint glimmer that Adam must have already seen.

Arya could notice Socks glances he flashed her, hopeful she didn't seem too untrustworthy. Even if so he wouldn't be to blame, the Electrike did present herself in a suspicious manner. She suppressed a sigh, hoping to brush the troubling thoughts away and concentrate on the mission she became a part of.

Upon Adam's declaration, she pranced after him, eager to see what lie ahead. Although her frame slowly became sore from weariness she pushed on devotedly. The light at the end gradually became brighter and further into her render as she approached it. The Electrike's tongue lolled out the side of her mouth as she began to pant and her fur prickled with sparks gleefully.

As he moved to the place where the treasure lied ahead. He began to clearly see an open treasure chest, almost overflowing with golden trinkets and shiny stones, some of which looked like evolution items. The chest resided at the end of what appeared to be an empty room. As he noticed it, he quickly stopped and raised his hand as to signal his partners to do the same. "Wait... something's not right... this is too easy, this room musty have some kind of defence mechanism or something..." He looked around from where he stood, he noticed the walls had statues of torkoal heads and the gaps in the floor tiles seemed deeper for some reason, the tiles themselves has strange symbols on them as well.