• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open A wild world of wild wealth!

Socks stared at the Gallade - Adam, he corrected himself mentally for a moment before turning back to his sack and placing a few more stones in it until he decided that was enough, being all the more he could carry. Socks shifted slightly, unsure of whether he should say congratulations or not. He glanced at Arya who'd already said her congratulations and then at Adam, he smirked and nodded to the newly evolved Gallade. "Cool, and thanks again for the adventure, surprisingly hanging out with you two idiots -" he threw in an 'insult' that held no real punch "- was fun, so uh -" he paused feeling himself getting flustered, "thanks." he muttered grabbing the sack in his jaws.
(I've gotta get off for now, perfect timing if I do say so myself)

He smiled warmly at everyone "And thank you two for being a part of it. Treasure hunting is much more fun with others to do it with." He looked at Socks with a smile "If you ever wanna join me on another adventure like this, lemmie know. There are many more places with loads of treasure. I for one don't plan on settling down anytime soon; I want to keep on treasure hunting for as long as I can!" He picked up his sack of treasure. "Let's go sell our earnings!"
(Same here, cya 4 now)

Arya snickered teasingly to Socks who admitted he enjoyed the trip before facing back to the Gallade who held a somewhat leader-like position in the newly formed "Group" Noticing that everyone had packed and loaded their bags fully. Her eyes dragged with a mixture of developing weariness and satisfaction as she bobbed her crown in an agreeing manner to Adam. The expedition had been amusing and she would consider her teammates to possibly even be new-found companions.
(Alright me too then lol)

Last edited:
Socks rolled his eyes at Arya as she snickered at him but he was fighting down a smile as he held his bag. He felt happy. That was the only way to describe it, treasure hunting with these two 'idiots' had been fun and he'd admitted that to them and honestly that was okay. He nodded at Adam confirming that he agreed they needed to head off to sell their newly found items. Socks gestured with his tail for the Gallade to continue leading the way.

Chase was shadowing the Pokemon the entire time and once the Kirlia evolved he decided to go towards them. He heard the gallade talk about their treasures he ran towards them. “Hey would you be interested in trading treasures?”

Last edited:
Name: Ace
Species: Scyther
Personality: Typically quiet and keeps to himself and not good at accepting help from others. Thinks he can do everything himself and isnt a fan of large crowds.
Dislikes: sharing, rain, ice types, rock types
Hobbies: scaring small pokemon, sleeping, and traveling

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scyther lay on a branch high up in a shady tree, enjoying an apple. He heard the distant chit chat of other pokemon and humans and was hoping they'd stay far and distant. Finishing his apple, he hovered to the ground below, lightly kicking a metapod out of the way of where he was landing.

Picking his teeth with his scythe like claws, he strolled through the forest.

At this point Frubble was outside the temple and rushing to his hideout to put the nuggets and stones in "These go for a bit right?" he asked himself, "I hear about 50 oran berries a stone, that`ll be how I live for a while," he said to himself again "Even if I need to I can always go back for more, none of that, taking what you can hold nonsense," he thought to himself as he lay down on the outside. He held his valuables in a hollow tree, but they`re covered in leaves so nobody will see it. He looked down to the ground and saw a scyther "Weirdo," he thought to himself.

Last edited:
(I'm back)
As he and his new friends were about to make their way to the temple entrance, he noticed the human before them and stopped with a cautious look on his face. After the human spoke his request, he gave the latter a gesture as to show what he had to offer. He didn't bother to speak as he knew humans couldn't understand him.

“I’ll take that as a yes,” Chase said as he was digging in his bag. Eventually he took out 4 rare candy’s, 6 sitrus berries, and 2 quick claws and waited for the gallade to take out what he had to offer.

"Hmph." He scoffed as he held out his hand... not to take the offer, but to kindly deny it as he lightly shook his head as well. He then stepped aside and pointed at the treasure chest at the end. He even picked up another pebble and lobbed it into the treasure room as to give him a heads up on the puzzle that had to be done... and the flamethrowers that activate if done incorrectly.

The unknown approaching human startled Arya. She bowed her head back and crept behind the Gallade, not eager to share an interaction with a human. The Elecktrike further pierced her fangs through the bag cloth as she clenched it. Her state settled as Adam denied the request as they were no longer of there concern.

Socks felt himself go stiff as the trainer approached, he dug his claws into the grass beneath their feet. His curly tail began to lash as he watched the human come closer, speaking to Adam. He narrowed his eyes as he watched the exchange, knowing he wouldn't hesitate to attack should anything happen. As Adam showed the trainer the chest and tossed a stone to show the traps placed before it, he found himself growing angry. "Why would you help a human? They're no good, all they want is to capture pokemon like us." He growled to Adam, taking another step away from the trainer in an attempt to keep a distance between him.

Adam looked at Socks with a shrug. "Not all humans; if this trainer tried to capture us, he's send out his Pokémon to attack us before throwing a ball at us." he said before he narrowed his eyes at the trainer. "Besides... it's up to him to figure out how to get through." He said as he beckoned his group to follow him. He shot the trainer one last stern look before he walked away with the group and their earnings. "Wanna just make things quicker and I'll teleport you guys to the village where the collector is at? Might save us the trouble of bumping into another human."

Last edited:
Chase could tell the Pokémon were not happy with his approach and treecko could tell what they were saying the whole time. Treecko got Chase to understand what they were saying through the sign language Chase taught him. Chase calmly said “look if you guys don’t want to be caught I won’t try.” He saw them grouping together and he knew they were going to leave so he went to the treasure room and tried to figure out the puzzle.

As Arya turned to face and commute with her new companions she flashed the trainer a somewhat blank yet appreciative side-glance. They had displayed themselves to not be a careless Trainer which is something she couldn't say about most.

Sore and drained, the Electrike had been pleased to hear Adam's offer of just teleporting to the village for trading rather than trekking there. She felt as if she could collapse her pained structure and feel the aching soothe and flow into the earth. Arya had planned to do just that and settled down to sell off her received trinkets. She stated her likings of the idea while simultaneously feeling a pang of sympathy for the Gallade.

"I would appreciate that but won't it being very draining on your power?" She jerked her head to the side concerningly.

He smiled thoughtfully and shrugged. "Maybe, maybe not, I've suffered worse before and as a newly evolved Pokémon, I have newer and higher limits that I haven't reached yet. I should be cool to give a teleport or three." He looked over to Socks "What about you, Socks; teleport or walk?"

Frubble thought that they had most likely all left by now so he could go back for more, he ran back with a bag he had found. He saw the pokemon still there, hey do you guys know where I can sell these?" he asked "I don`t do much item trading so I don`t know any of the big vendors,"

Adam looked over to the Froakie. "Ah, hello again Mister no-rules." He teased "Yes, I know a certain collector who would pay a great price for what we have, their village lies just between the forest and the desert to the South-East. You want a teleport as well or will you find it yourself?" he asked as he gave him a somewhat cautious look.

Chase sat there for minutes having a mind of a stone. He had no clue what to do and while he was figuring stuff out treecko was eavesdropping on the Pokémon behind them. Chase finally thought that Haunter could float over everything and grab the treasure and come back. He sent out Haunter again so he could do that.

Ace's ears perked up hearing talk about items and selling. He sneaked towards the voices, seeing a Froakie holding a bag along next to a Gallade and a few other pokemon. The slick scyther hid back in the trees, waiting and hoping for a moment to get his hands on it.

(@Red Gallade 98, I believe @Sandshrew schooler is saying he sent his haunter into the temple, excuse me if I'm wrong cx )
As Arya faced her group, patiently awaiting the next action, she noticed movement out of the corner of her optics. She believed to sight a Sycther shield behind the bark of a tree after peeking at the explorers around the Temple. A nervous sense bubbled in her as she despised the amount of gathering Pokemon. After glaring at the area she could've sworn to see the Pokemon she gulped down uncomfortably, attempting to turn her attention back to the group even though her pupils still danced to the side. The Electrike had assumed it to be her exhausted state messing with her vision, as it would explain why she saw the Haunter as well. Doubts still seemed to linger in her mind, however.

"I don`t have what I`m selling with me so I guess I`ll have to go back and get it, I should probably be able to find it," replied Frubble as he looked to the south-east and the desert "Ok thanks," he added as he began to tree hop back to where he held his items, he looked over and saw the scyther from earlier and then began to pick up the pace.

Socks scratched at his ear, having sat back down in a relaxed state again once the trainer had ventured into the temple. He shifted slightly listening first to Arya's answer before really contemplating it for himself. Socks opened his mouth to respond when he Froakie returned, he flicked his tail in annoyance but held his tongue as Adam explained. He may still be upset with the Froakie about the attack in the temple but he had no room to judge Adam for being kind and offering to help. When the blue frog disappeared again, Socks got to his feet and glanced first at Arya and then at Adam, "If you're sure you're okay with it then it's fine by me, but only if you're sure." He hated to admit that he needed help, but his paws were sore from the walking and running they'd done.

Adam smiled thoughtfully as he turned to Socks, "Sure I'm sure; after everything we've been through back at the temple, no point for us to suffer what might be a days travel... two days given how heavy our loads are. Let's just wait for him to be back with his 'earnings' and I'll take us to the village... but we shouldn't let our guard down while we do so, we're open to trainers and/or thieves in these woods." He said as his eyes darted back and forth to make sure they were alone.

"Right!" Arya flashed Adam a determined glance as she bobbed her head to his statement. Although she considered her self to be a weak Pokemon, to prove her part on the "Team" the Electrike was adamant on doing her best. She tensed her lean structure and felt static ripple through her. Afterwards, the Electrike slouched back onto her haunches where she sat with a vigilant posture, eyes keen on the surrounding Pokemon. As her dour optics darted about the landscape, they couldn't help but trail back to the Sycther if it even was there.

Socks nodded, sitting back down and sinking into a laying position. He yawned and allowed his tail to flick idly as if he didn't have a care in the world. His gaze traveled to Arya who was sitting like an ever so diligent guard, he smirked for a second holding back a huff of laughter at the Electrike's eagerness, he found it both amusing and yet endearing knowing that she was watching his back. He turned back to Adam whose eyes also seemed to be scanning the area also on the look out for anything odd. While appearing relaxed on the outside on the inside Socks was a bundle of nerves that were slowly undone, after what seemed like forever, they were finally going to sell their treasure and get some profit but Adam's words rang in his ears 'we're open to trainers and/or thieves in these woods' the thought made his skin crawl and the fur along his neck fluff up.

Frubble sprinted back towards his hideout quickly, it only took about 20 seconds, he looked around himself and made sure nobody was watching, he jumped down in and put some of the treasure that he got earlier into his sack, "Ok time to go to the seller," he thought as he ran back. On the way he had to pass the temple from earlier, "Huh you guys are still here," he said as he entered from a bush "Can I take you back on your offer? I just realised how far that probably will be," he asked now with a full sack.

Last edited:
Adam nodded "I figured you'd come around." he said with a faint chuckle "Alright, hands in." he said as he held his hand out and requested everyone else to put their hand... or paw on his. The moment everyone was in physical contact of each other, he used Teleport. Before everyone knew it, they were already at the village. The tall trees that they were surrounded by and the dirt and grass below was replaced with several huts and stores around them and sand beneath their feet, the forest they were once in was a mile away from them in the North-West. What was more surprising was that some stores were ran by Pokémon as well as people. "Well, here we are..." he said with a sigh.

Socks hadn't anticipated the Froakie to return but he supposed Adam must've. He placed his paw in with the others when asked to and found that teleporting was probably the weirdest thing he'd ever done. In a flash the forest around them had disappeared and was replaced with a small village. Socks shut his eyes and shook his head as a wave of nausea rolled over him, making his head spin. The Glameow opened his eyes and glanced around after the initial wave of nausea passed, he found himself shocked by the quaintness of the area around them.
"Well, here we are..." Adam's statement was punctuated with a sigh and Socks couldn't agree more.
He still felt sick and wasn't sure he trusted his paws to stay under him if he took another step. He sat down and rubbed a paw against his eye trying to dispel his on coming headache. He groaned and shook his head again but found that it didn't help much either.

Haunter floated over all of the traps in the dungeon and grabbed some treasure (loophole) and brought it back. Chase looked through it and because of not much space left in his bag he had to dissect the treasure into piles and choose what he wanted and did not want. He eventually decided on a fire stone, thunder stone and some gold nuggets would be good.

Frubble quickly felt everything change around him, though it also felt like it took forever. Instantly he felt a small pain in his stomach and a powerful headache "Ugh," he said as he held his white hands on his stomach as he lent down, he got back up then looked around and saw all the vendors in the area, "Wow I expected it to be, like two or three merchants," he said.

Last edited:
(Did this just die?)
Chase called Haunter back and turned around and noticed that the other Pokemon were gone. “Where’d they go?” treecko shrugged and they walked out of the dungeon. He went back to the lake and climbed a tree to take a nap for his next hunt.

(I honestly dunno; half of us are juggling other RPs or doing irl stuff, so it's hard to tell. Then again, nothing wrong with slowing down)

Last edited:
(Yeah I guess. But you better put some content in that post or stellar might get you)
Chase woke up to the sound of a Fearow on the branch above him. He jumped down and hurt his leg and started to limp to the lake. The fearow caught up to him and pinned him to the ground. “HELP!!!!!!!” He yelled as loud as he could.

Ace followed the group of pokemon, until the point they teleported. His eyes widened, "They're gone!" He spatted to himself. The frustrated Scyther set back towards the lake where he usually spent his days. As he was arriving back, he heard the loud cry of a Fearow just ahead of him. "What's going on up there?" He said to himself. Coming upon the clearing he saw a young boy under a large Fearow who began screaming for help. "He's gonna make him dinner!" He quickly unsheathed his wings, and darted across the lake, sword dancing up as he readied an attack on the unexpecting Fearow.

It happened in almost slow motion in his eyes; the Fearow's mouth wide open ready to kill, the trainer's arms up in almost a defenseless state. The Fearow's eyes caught sight of Ace as he unleashed brutal swing, sending the Fearow crashing through trees.

“Thank you so much, Scyther, I believe?” Chase took out his growlithe and got ready to attack if the fearow came back. He realized that Treecko was gone but for now, he couldn’t focus on that even if it was his best friend. He started digging in his bag for the metal coat he had gotten a while back in turn for a water stone. He found it and took it out “Would you like this as a thanks?” He held the metal coat up to the scyther.

Ace got on his feet after being a little light headed from the strong attack. Finally coming back to his senses, he noticed the trainer he saved holding out a metal coat towards him. "Is that a-". He looked at it in shock, knowing he could use it to be stronger.

He then looked over at the bag the boy most likely pulled the item from, "I bet he has loads more of goods in there." He thought to himself. Before deciding on grabbing the coat and bag and dashing, he saw the Growlithe. "Safer not to." He took the metal coat from the boy, nodded, and flew into the woods to put it away in his home.

He saw the scyther eyeing his bag and then taking the metal coat and flying off. “Did he want more?” Chase asked himself. “Oh right, Treecko!” He rushed into the forest yelling for treecko.

Adam looked back to his group in the village. He then started to walk through the stores, gesturing to his friends to follow him, as they walked through town, they noticed the many different types of stores and the individuals that ran them; From a Gothitelle running a clothing store to a Human man selling bakery goods. "I think I see him." He said as he pointed straight ahead to a tent, inside it was several bags of gold or fresh berries, the person running said tent appeared to be an old man in a ragged cloak, the other noticeable feature was his beard peering out from his hood. "This is the guy I was talking about."

Last edited:
Chase was yelling for treecko when suddenly the fearow was flying back at him. He took out growlithe and ordered a fire spin. It stopped the fearow for a bit but fearow could still fly faster than any person could run. He looked back and saw a short blue figure jump from a tree and onto the fearow’s back. “What is that thing?” He said and stopped.