• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Adventures in the Kanto region! (Discussion)

Name: Kane (Named after Morgan Kane).
Height: 5’10.
Appearance: Kane has spiked blonde hair (in a similar style to Gohan from DBZ) accompanied by bright purple eyes. He is fairly skinny and decently tall. He also has a small scar just above his left eye, that he got from an encounter with a wild Meowth when he was younger.
Clothing: When working he obviously wears the classic Team Rocket uniform, but in white. Along with his uniform he also wears a black cap, most of the time. He also has many disguises.
Personality: Kane definitely isn’t the brightest bulb in the Team Rocket organisation. He often comes up with pretty dumb ideas and is a natural coward. And despite being a member of a criminal organisation, Kane isn’t fairly kindhearted and genuinely cares about his and other people’s Pokemon.
Hometown: Vermillion City.
Pokemon team: Grimer: A very loving Pokemon that often just wants live and attention from his trainer, and it shows this by smothering himself all over Kane.
Pinsir: Pinsir is very aggressive and doesn’t really listen to Kane at all. And it often just does what it wants in battle, not listening to Kane’s commands.

So @ThAtGuY101 if we’re having the two Rocket members be partners. Shall I Just have Kane be with Sam in my next post or will they meet at the museum or something?
Either way works. Sam ,and her pokémon are just chillin and eatin.

Hey Ace, hows this goin down...?
We-Can-Do-This-The-Easy-Way-Or-The-Hard-Way-Funny-Squirrel-Image.jpg

Should they try to steal charmander or leave to strategize?

Here is my team rocket pokemon. I feel like she would be a good fit for the team.
Name: Julia
Species: Sneasel
Personality: Julia is very vain. She loves to be the center of attention. She can be very picky about what she wants, and will tend to do anything to get it.
Appearence: Julia is actually a shiny Sneasel. She is a lighter pink then most though. She will sometimes steal scarves to wear around her neck.

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
Here is my team rocket pokemon. I feel like she would be a good fit for the team.
Name: Julia
Species: Sneasel
Personality: Julia is very vain. She loves to be the center of attention. She can be very picky about what she wants, and will tend to do anything to get it.
Appearence: Julia is actually a shiny Sneasel. She is a lighter pink then most though. She will sometimes steal scarves to wear around her neck.
Accepted!

I feel slightly left out. :'| Anything I can do for Team Rocket?
No objections here if you have an idea go for it.

I have a question @EmoKitty21, will Julia be an effective combatant or useless like meowth? It's my understanding the only attack meowth ever used was fury swipes? Maybe payday? I don't know if he ever used payday. I believe the reason he only knows so few moves if because his ability to speak human had something to do with it? I could be completely wrong though...

I am thinking that it will be a mix of it. Think of her as the only competent one of the group. She can fight, knows a couple of moves, but at the beginning she will only do one or two moves to give an advantage to the trainers.

Jayblade

I know I think we decided on NPC battles for gym battles, but I may change that if you lot are ok with that. I feel like having battles take place all in one post where you basically just battle between yourself, could get bit clustered. I still think it’s a good idea and if you lot want that then we’ll go with it. But I just think having it be between to actual rpers could make for a more interesting battle.

Thoughts?

I know I think we decided on NPC battles for gym battles, but I may change that if you lot are ok with that. I feel like having battles take place all in one post where you basically just battle between yourself, could get bit clustered. I still think it’s a good idea and if you lot want that then we’ll go with it. But I just think having it be between to actual rpers could make for a more interesting battle.

Thoughts?
It's a neat idea, but my question is, how will these battles look? Will one person initiate an attack ,and wait to see how the other person responds before initiating a second attack?

Theres one last question I'd like to ask that usually gets confusing in RPs(in my opinion its confusing) knowing which attacks will land, which will be dodged, countered. I'm somewhat guilty of this making me kind of hypocrite. Characters that dodge and dodge and dodge. The reason I think its confusing is because the battle goes on and on , your not sure which of your attacks will land ,and eventually your just repeating attacks you've already thrown out there in Hope the match eventually ends.

I'm probably overthinking this as I'm sure there is a solution for this. Thoughts?

Jayblade

It's a neat idea, but my question is, how will these battles look? Will one person initiate an attack ,and wait to see how the other person responds before initiating a second attack?

Theres one last question I'd like to ask that usually gets confusing in RPs(in my opinion its confusing) knowing which attacks will land, which will be dodged, countered. I'm somewhat guilty of this making me kind of hypocrite. Characters that dodge and dodge and dodge. The reason I think its confusing is because the battle goes on and on , your not sure which of your attacks will land ,and eventually your just repeating attacks you've already thrown out there in Hope the match eventually ends.

I'm probably overthinking this as I'm sure there is a solution for this. Thoughts?
What you said at the start would be pretty much exact what it’ll be like. Just call out an attack and then see how your opponent responds.

And as for the dodging issue, I’m not too sure at the moment, but I just know that spam dodging isn’t allowed at all, so don’t worry there.

Last edited: