• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Bootleg Brothers 6

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
By now, any mere man would have likely died, or at least be fatally injured from such a wound of having a gaping hole in their skull. But Dracula was no mere man. He was an undead: Moreover, he was a vampire. It was not uncommon for him to keep fighting despite suffering major injury - after all, the Belmonts and their oh-so frequent allied companions, despite his hatred of each and every single one of them, were quite the formidable foe. Especially with that Vampire Killer on their side, a weapon quite literally designed to kill him.

As his body was taken with, the Vampire huffed, using the moment to gather his bearings. Unfortunately for his foe, it would not be a punch that would greet his face, as his frame became a cloud of mist once more, phasing through the Nightmaren before a hit could be landed. The Dark Prince would plan to re-form in his foe's blind spot and immediately go onto the offense with a lunge and a grasp to the neck, aiming to land a Soul Steal to aid in recovering what had just been done to his visage, his claws likely ending up cutting into NiGHT's skin as well. However, he was not the only one aiming to kill the jester.

Two shadows fell from above towards NiGHTS at alarming speeds - the werewolves. Using their quick techniques, the two aimed to grapple their master's opponent, with their jaws aiming to clamp down on each of the Nightmaren's arms and their hands aiming to wrap around the legs to completely immobilize the floating clown while their vampiric master did his thing. And they would not let go for as long as they were alive, for they'd planned to put all the might into aiding their master's conquest for victory in this fight.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
NiGHTS

As they reeled in the vampire lord with their seperated hand, Dracula turned to mist again before their eyes. Appearing behind NiGHTS, he lashed out before she could respond, grasping at her neck! ...One problem. She didn't have one. So when Drac swung for it, the floating head became noticeable as it bobbed over the extended hand. NiGHTS's head swung 180° back to Drac, who just made it known they were behind them.

"Getting tricky? I can do tricky."

They widened their mouth much larger than normal, the crescent shaped mouth opening up and lashing out a long elastic looking tongue. It shot out like a chameleon's, splatting against the wall behind Dracula. They were about to complete the next phase of the transformation. Their eyes looked up briefly to see two werewolves coming down firefly towards her limbs. So what would she do? Not have them! They recalled into their body as their head also compressed into it. Now NiGHTS looked more like a large bowling ball with flattened features.

The werewolves missed the limbs they went to attack, as how could they predict limbs shooting back into a creature? And at the same speed, the outstretched tongue ripped Bowling Ball-NiGHTS straight toward Dracula to flatten him like a pancake!

DevVoid

At the first sight of the tongue lashing out towards him, Dracula, with what little of a mouth he had left, smiled. Even before the purple clown shot off towards him, he was already gone, flying high up in a diagonal path, a heavy swarm of black bats blocking any sort of attempt his foe could make from witnessing this with their sheer quantity as he flew into the darkness layered above. The werewolves were already on the move, chasing after their foe.

Night falls..

Dracula raised an arm, manifesting a magic circle in the air above and in front of himself, much larger than the ones he had used before, violet and magenta in colour. It was time to end this, and what an end it would be. This opponent has angered him enough already.. it was time for some payback. Though he could not speak directly, his thoughts spoke for him, not audibly, not visibly, but mentally, to no one but himself. The two accursed men got on all fours to make catching up easier.

And now the finale..

Very quickly, a massive ball of demonic energy gathered just below the circle. And just as quickly as it gathered, it shot off, launching itself at rapid speeds towards his opponent. But.. it was not aimed directly for them. The two now performed a simultaneous attack - both would have planned to leap with their hind legs and fold their arms and legs together, copying the idea of forming into a ball. Flames would have had gathered on their bodies as they prepared to ram against the jester.

Everything must burn..

It was aimed directly behind them, aiming to impact with the ground the very moment they would with the wall they attached themselves to, causing a massive, lingering explosion of dark, overwhelming magic that would expand itself shortly after impact into an even larger lingering mass of doom before finally exploding completely and vanishing.

Demonic Megiddo!

Last edited:

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Eambay and Aiterway
The waiter jot down Dagr's order, and spun on his heel. He called over his shoulder as he went,

"For sure, I'll be back in a jiffy!"

The Regular Waiter walked away from one princess and toward the other. As he passed a trash can, he grabbed a plastic tray off the top. With a wave of the simple platter, food suddenly appeared on it. He put the food and drinks in front of Nótt and Ryuji.

"A Regular Burger meal with some Regular Mead for the lady.... ....and an Unending Monotony Burger classic combo for you, sir. Enjoy."

He clapped his hands together and bowed, and then spun away to Pit and Inkling's table without missing a beat.

"HEY!"

"..."

"...What can I do ya for on this pleasant evening?"

Eviljay
His blow had stopped short of fatal, which only meant the fun could go on! Kassandra retaliated rather ferociously, yet would find the spokes of her trident caught in the yellow snaggle-toothed grin of the insane jester. Poseidon's power surged forth, but was likewise disgraced; Jevil didn't believe his turn was over just yet. The darkner hovered backwards a small ways, but his cheeks began to swell with seawater just as a cartoon character would. Though a few holes in his head leaked the liquid, they were inconsequential before he returned the attack in kind, spitting a land-carving beam of oceanic destruction right back at the Greek woman.

Regardless of the outcome, Jevil hovered higher, waving his army of projectiles into dematerial. His weapon flew back to him, growing in size by tens the originals mass. As if it were light as a frisbee, the son of chaos hurled the massive weapon at the Alter Knight in an arc, aiming precisely for the warrior's neck. Yet that wasn't all; the gigantic weapon would explode in a magnificent eruption once it touched the floor behind her.

The floor... it was beginning to become quite cluttered with all the debris. The area was now too mauled to be what either of his foes envisioned... so the jester figured he'd make it a bit more homey. As he cackled, debris, water, and the dark clouds above all swirled to meet in the center. They came together to form something resembling a rotating carousel, moving in the same direction as the outside storm. However, something was missing. Alter Knight and Kassandra would both feel a sharp jolt of the earth. Then, in the same direction of the massive makeshift carousel, the battlefield- nay- the world began revolving.

Audrey Redheart, the HERO
"Huh?!" Audrey was snapped out of her anger-driven stupor as soem twerp approached, asking her about her response - At least, she assumed it was just some twerp. The kid looked like one, anyway.

"Urgh, listen Kid, I don't have time to deal with people who don't matter, no offense." She snarked, rattling it off like it was a line commonplace to her. "All you need to know is that I am awesome, the legendary hero chosen by the actual creator my universe, and those two are losers who don't get an ounce of what they're doing. How I deal with them is my business." She scowled.

Axe, the Child Guardian
"!" Axe just turned his head up barely in time to realise what Magolor was doing, stoppinh himself from digging as he raised his shield to try and block the sand from colliding with him. The explosion from the firecracker rattled against the shield, sending some sand past it anyway and stunning Axe, a ringing piercing in his ears.

He didn't hear Mr Miracle's rather strange callout, due to this, but he also struggled to tell what was happening in that moment. Stubbornly, his shield lowered as this subsided, and he shook his head. "Ow..." He wimpered, before slowing his breathing to look again. He needed to act - And fast. He took a look at his red stone, hidden by his shield, and thought to what could be left in the satchel Magolor now had.
"Well, that'd be...!" He stopped talking to himself as he realised what was in there - Two more red stones. Well, the kid was on his last legs anyway, it was worth a shot. He stepped forward while Magolor was looked away, and gulped.

He focused, feeling out enough power in the red stones - Enough to match if Axe's body weight tumbled at full speed, which was certainly decently strong though not nearly strong enough to create a super bright glow in the red stones, let alone that of the ones in the satchel. The child hero leapt forward, snatching at one end of the satchel straps that had stayed on the bag when Magolor had snapped it. He pulled it back as far as he could.
"You want my bag, right? HERE!" He yelled out in a moment of excitement, letting go and letting the bag SNAP back towards Magolor with the red stone's slight glow empowering enough to feel like a couple of anvils had been snapped his way!

Masaru Takahara, the Strongest Of Men
As Aegislash called out that Masaru held honor and Shaymin apologized for what the creature assumed was a dirty tactic, the weakened man simply gave a thumbs up as the group returned to the lobby. This lead to a frown as he immediately saw Taskmaster walking away.
"Hey, wait." He called out, taking out the equipment Taskmaster had handed him before - The billy club and the communications device both. "I forgot to use these, and they're yours anyway." He added in an attempt to return them.

The Warlock, the Psionic Champion
The Warlock frowned a little as he heard Dart barely react to his harsh words - Had Mordenna lost his edge? This was making him feel rather silly.

"No, I have not tried one of their 'Irregular Burgers'." He was almost tempted to begin a massive speech about the folly of men over this - Only stopping himself before he opened his mouth again, thankfully for the ears of anyone who wanted to retain sensible hearing. "And if you plan to go and have one, I do not believe I will be joining you. Say what you will, but human tastes, I have found..." He...actually shuddered, "Well, they can be rather disturbing."

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
(Auto Perms Granted)

A MISTHIOS, A JESTER, AND A KNIGHT...

Sounds like the start of a terrible bar joke, except this was no joking matter. Kassandra spat out a wad of gooey blood from her throat as the world began to shift. Jevil's counter to her blast of water had been a dive to the side. A simple escape, but evidently effective. This crazy clown just didn't know when to quit!

Alter Knight had been knocked away. Jevil's swing had been powerful, and the knight's deflection hadn't been enough to simple stop it, launching her through the air. Kassandra extended an arm, catching her ally, her ground her heels into the earth to stop, and the two faced Jevil as he cackled in madness at his warped perception of "fun."

"The carousel twists, twists so fast! Can't you tell I'm having a blast? Spin, spin, my wonderful friends!" Jevil squealed out in delight, performing a few cartwheels in the air as he grabbed his toes. "When it stops: THE FUN ENDS!"

He appeared in front of Kassandra immediately, a glowing golden gleam in his eye as the scythe spun, swinging for her neck.

Clash!

It met the Trident of Poseidon, Kass spinning it in kind. Alter was on Jevil in a moment, swinging her sword upward. Jevil flipped the devil's knife, bouncing off of the clash against the trident to bash it against the knight's blade. The scythe became a blur, spinning through the air as it went back and forth, metal clanging in repetition as the three became locked in a stalemate of a blade storm. Kassandra's legs carried her, stepping toward the left. Alter, to the right. They were splitting up, forcing Jevil's attacks to become more difficult to perform. He only seemed to enjoy the increasing pressure however, his snake-like tongue sticking out of his mouth in clear enjoyment.

The world revolved around the trio, Jevil dancing back and forth between the pair, all three growing more frenzied with each passing second, pushing for an opening that didn't seem close to opening. Kassandra could feel her fourth charge finally build up to its full bar. Just a little more...

But Jevil seemed to grow tired of this part of the game, as he quite suddenly swooped upward without warning, swinging down the scythe downward, aiming to impale Alter from behind. The boots her Hermes carrying her, Kassandra moved before her brain even addressed the situation, her instincts kicking in as she dove forward.

The misthios shoved Alter out of the way - leaving Kass to take the attack. The scythe pierced through the right side of her abdomen, piercing out of the other side. There was only a hovering second of stillness to let this sink in, before the jester's crooked grin intensified. He swung the scythe, carrying the impaled Kassandra with it as she struggled against it. As noted before, this was far from her first time being impaled, but that didn't mean it didn't hurt. Bloody teeth grit with blood, the misthios wasn't given a second to breathe as the clown arced Kass through the air, then flew through the air. Her back slammed into the earth, and she was dragged along its surface, leaving a violent scar on the face of Gaia, being carried counter to the spin of the arena. Carrying her across the ground, Jevil swung upward, slamming Kassandra into the remnants of a pillar. It shattered on impact, and the spartan was released from the scythe's grip, sliding off the hook to sail through the air, before she landed heavily, rolling to a stop.

Alter Knight wasn't left forgotten, however. Her strikes of lightning hadn't quite reached the jester as she gave chase, but by the time Kassandra had been thrown, the clown was in Alter's face with a laugh of delight, opening his mouth wide and slamming the devil's knife into her from the side. She barely managed to catch it with her blade, blocking the attack - before a series of spades were spat out of his maw, slugging into her and knocking her back with a huff, the clown twirling as he swung his scythe another way, hooking it behind the knight's leg and tugging, yanking her leg out from under her just as a bomb appeared above her, Jevil's arm raised, and he swung it down.

Alter brought up her shield as the bomb collided with it, launching her into the ground barely even a feet behind her. She bounced once, breath knocked from her lungs with a gasp as Jevil hovered upward, kicking out his feet gleefully. "Well well, it was fun while it lasted, but-"

"Shut up!" Kassandra yelled. Jevil's vibrant eyes darted towards the misthios to find she was standing on a knee, her trident raised, aimed at Jevil. Another stream of water? The answer was revealed when waves began to rise, swirling around the jester. The water that had collected throughout the entire arena was at the beck and call of Kass, so long as she held the Trident of Poseidon. Even as blood slowly pooled beneath her, she rose to her feet. "Now, Alter!"

Another bolt of lightning came down just as the waves all converged upon the clown, consuming him in their mass. The bolt struck, conducting rapidly through the water, increasing the attack's effectiveness for just a moment of a powerful eruption as the ball of seawater erupted in all directions from the force of the blast, the two woman paused in anticipation for what the dispersing mist would reveal to them.

Sonic the Hedgehog
She sped up again?

Sonic’s expression briefly became uncharacteristically curious. How does she keep doing that? He thought internally, brow tightly knit as he pondered for a moment. Suddenly, his expression changed to one of excitement, his eyes practically lighting up. “Speedin‘ up again? Finally, I was getting bored over here!” The hedgehog backflipped high up in the air to avoid Irnane’s slashing frenzy, ending up behind a stalagmite.Getting an idea, Sonic dashed towards the mound at high speeds and kicked it, snapping it off of the floor and sending it flying towards the nerevarine!

Hopping on top of the small and broken remnants of the stalagmite that were left behind on the ground, Sonic tilted his head to the side. “Why do I duel? My purpose?“ He put his hands on his hips and chuckled lightly. “Things don’t always have to be that serious, ya know.” Sonic gave his opponent a mix of a snarky smirk and a genuine smile. “I’m just here for fun!”

His eyes briefly darted over to NiGHTS and Dracula, his teammate definitely doing better in the battle. Looks like she’s got him covered, I shouldn’t have to step in. His eyes flicked back towards Irnane, wherever she was. Unless this chick tries to help out the old coot, that is.

comic

NEREVARINE

Here for fun... yes, that was fitting, Irnane thought. It matched all of her previously preconceived notions of the hedgehog, though he wrongly assumed her question had been expecting anything of a serious nature. It had been procured of simple and base curiosity, an instinctual drive to fundamentally understand those around her.

The hedgehog had, just mere moments before, kicked a stalagmite toward the dark elf, who leapt upward, propelling herself toward the projectile, her blade carried backward. She touched nimbly upon the surface of the calcium carbonate deposit, ramming the sword down and dragging it to the other end, splitting the stalagmite in half, before she kicked off of either side of it, simultaneously tossing two ebony throwing stars after them.

Touching down as nimble as ever, Irnane raised one hand. The recall enchantment on the throwing stars put to the test, as instead of simply appearing back in her hand, they instead began to be pulled back toward her, having now flown on the other side of the stalagmites. They sliced into the rocks, lodging halfway through, and suddenly, the deposit was yanked into the opposite direction, twisting until their jagged ends faced Sonic.

Before they could be altered to Irnane's direction, the throwing stars appeared back in her hand, leaving the momentum of the stalagmite halves to sail toward Sonic. "I apologize," she said to the hedgehog. "My query was not of the serious nature, I did not intend for it to come off as such - I myself am here for something that could be deemed relatively... silly."

Her hand still raised, a white light began to swirl around her fingertips, the color of which hadn't been displayed by any previous magicks. "I am here to learn, Sonic. To save my world from the End, I must be educated by the best your worlds have to give me, so that I may find ways to overcome a great threat. So stop holding back. Show me what you can do!"

The white light flashed over the Nerevarine. A custom spell of her own creation, designed explicitly for stat-altering matches such as these. It lasted slightly longer than normal spells, but it drained her magicka a great deal. She had to be smart with the use of her custom spells, and she believed now was as good a time as ever to use it.

The Forged by War spell. It doubled all existing stats by a factor of two. It wouldn't last forever, but it would be enough. (Four posts)

Still, she did not use the orb of light she'd left behind as it hovered passively in the air.

NiGHTS

After missing their foe, NiGHTS hit the wall he used to be in front of, bouncing off not unlike a rubber ball across the room. The bouncing was...erratic, and felt as if the jester sphere had no weight at all. The bouncing was so absurd that the two werewolves couldn't hope to keep up with it. In fact, NiGHTS themself couldn't keep up with it. It was more fun to see where they would end up. From ceiling to wall to floor, their location radically shifted. It's only when Drac himself seemed about to unleash something did the ball slow down a bit to try and understand just what was going on.

Some kind of powerful energy attack. She'd seen enough action-anime dreams to see where this was going. Dracula's energy attack started to emerge from his arcane symbol. As the werewolves came a bit closer, they had an idea. NiGHTS, when they came to bounce off another wall, inflated the part of the sphere that struck the wall, pushing off of it much fiercer than before, solidifying their body before-

CRACK!

The bowling ball smashed into both of the flaming werewolves, bouncing off their bodies as they fell into the lava below. The energy sphere shooting dangerously close now. Mid flight, they transformed back into their normal form, spinning gracefully out of control away from their impact. Every little spin-

Loop! Loop! Loop!

Small paraloops were done along the way, the same momentum as the attack itself, as the large sphere took each paraloop, a bigger and bigger opening emerging until NiGHTS closed their eyes, laying down mid air raising their right hand up high.

The sphere flew right through them. The hole NiGHTS made being just large enough for it to soar past. Standing back straight up in the air, NiGHTS took their outstretched arm and put it to their chest as they gave one classy bow before-

BOOM!!

Dracula's attack resounded behind the genderless jester, the backdrop behind her adding to the theatrical effect. The cave shook with the roar of the fantastical attack. That's when something devious happened. The three loops she had performed before came back to bite Dracula back. The little snipbits of the attack she bit off warped at different angles around him at different times, shooting diagonally and unpredictably at multiple avenues, he'd get a taste of his own demonic medicine!

Last edited:

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Grazie
That sand spike she conjured up was good, but it wasn't quite enough. It still had a bit left to go, leaving Miracle to go for another flashy attack. Grazie swore she'd seen a similar thing somewhere before, what with the way he moved and how angry he looked, not to mention the magical energy gathering around him, making for an incredibly long build up to what could possibly be the magician's greatest attack yet.

But what if she just... didn't let him do that?

The sand spike stuck to his chest left him unable to move without spelling doom for him. As the magician drew out each individual word to his final show, the Adept quickly summoned three more spikes from behind Miracle, each one shooting up at him in the blink of an eye, spinning like drills as they did so, looking to impale his head, chest and abdomen at the same time. With any luck, she'd put him out of commission before he even managed to fire his attack off!​

Pit
"Woah, I've never heard of Splatsville before! I guess it makes sense since it's in the middle of a huge desert, but I bet all those crazy Turf Wars make you way better at them!"

It was at that moment that he spotted Master Hand through a nearby window, a nordic-looking man jumping down from the stands and in front of the disembodied glove. Master Hand pointed a finger at the angel, prompting the man to wave and call out to Pit. His voice was quite powerful, allowing Pit to hear his words clearly even through the wall. He wanted him to come out there and meet him.

A look at the bracket above the man confirmed it; this guy was gonna be his new opponent.
"Looks like you're not missing out on a fight this round," Palutena remarked.
"Yeah, no kidding," Pit replied, about to take action---when the waiter came by to get their orders. This was a dilemma. Doing some quick thinking, the angel opened the window beside slightly, loudly answering Fjorrd's request.

"I would, but I'm about to get my food right now! Why don't you come over here and join us instead? You can't do fighting on an empty stomach, y'know!"

With that done, he turned back towards the waiter, noticing that someone else had picked out the exact thing he wanted to order. So instead of struggling to spell the whole thing out, he pointed a finger right past the man, saying:

"I'll have what the blonde guy with the mask is having!"

comic

FJORRD

A warrior after the nord's own heart - the Crusher let out a deep chuckle that made dust shake from the ceilings of the shops nearest him, before he gestured toward Slash. "Come, old friend! Join us and be merry!"

With that, he strode his way into the restaurant, gazing about for a moment to take it in. Nothing like the taverns he was used to, but after so many times spent outside his own web of realms, he'd grown accustomed to the alien architecture and culture. "Your strongest mead!" He told the Regular Shopkeeper as he slid into a seat, his great mane of a beard concealing the lower half of his face (his helmet covering the upper half), but his wide grin was impossible to hide. "Tell me, young Pit. Have you ever fought a nord?"

Dagr

"Thanks!" Dagr said, giving the waiter a thumbs up as he headed off. Nice. Hopefully their food would be back soon, it looked like the last matches of the first round might be finishing up soon. The Jotun princess kicked her feet up on the table once again, watching the matches for a moment. These fighters certainly were crazy. Sand controllers, magic magicians, blue creatures of speed... Made her wish she was fighting with them right now!

Another person entered the restaurant, and Dagr turned to take a look. A taller man, a warrior, who was now sitting with the Ljósálfar kid and Blue. He seemed jovial, at least.
"So!" Dagr said, looking back to Rinku. "What the heck is French Toast anyway?"

Weevil Underwood

Despite the insults and self agrandizing from Audrey, Weevil did not seem to be phased. The bug duelist rubbed his chin, nodding along with what Audrey was saying.
"Hm, yes." Weevil said. "I understand your frustration. I too was stuck with a moronic partner for my first match. Being paired with incompetents makes it sooo difficult. But I'm sure things will go your way now that the team battles are over."

comic

TEAM SHADUO VS TEAM SEGA

(Co-Written w/ Shen)

Barrel rolling away from the stalagmites, Sonic skid to a stop. Irnane exchanged with him her reason for being here, to seek information that could save their world from the end. Information that could be gathered from this fight. Sonic's eye muscles perked a bit. "Oh yeah? Well I've been told my fists are a great teacher," he snarked back. "If you're here to learn, how about a surprise lesson!" Sonic grabbed ahold of the ground, revving up. His feet became blurs as smoke came from the ground. Then, he unleashed himself, rolling into a high speed spin-dash with the goal of smashing into her.

The film of light that enveloped the Nerevarine vanished, and before it could fully fade, the dark elf burst forward.

BA-THOOM!

The tunnel rumbled and shook as the two collided, Sonic and Irnane's forearms slammed into one another, the air on either side of them distilling with highly pressurized air from the speed they'd just moved. "Faster... again?" Sonic grinned, pushing against his opponent. "Keep this up, you might get faster than me!"

"I may," Irnane replied, shoving his arm away. Sonic quickly spun into a kick, Irnane's blade coming up to block it. The hedgehog's shoes kicked from the metal, Sonic diving backward and tucking into a ball, before zeroing in on the Nerevarine, homing in on her with multiple attacks, the blue blur getting faster with each burst forward, but to his surprise, the dark elf kept up, knocking him back with the flat end of her blade again and again. They must have done this at least twenty times in a little under a second, before Sonic uncurled, skidding to a stop on the ground, one hand catching himself as the other was held back in balance.

"Then again, I may already be," Irnane claimed, and this time, she moved on the offensive, on the hedgehog in a moment, one hand acquitted with the Blade of White Woe, the other with the Fang of Haynekhtnamet, a flurry of attacks coming for Sonic, Irnane quickly zipping her way around her foe with her attack.

Slick! Slice!

Several gashes struck the dodging Sonic's body, his evasion times getting harder and harder to pull off the faster she got. Soon, the weakening sword began to strike his body multiple times, the hedgehog grimacing in response. There wasn't much he could do but counter attack to stop her. As she kept striking from different angles, Sonic stuck firmly on the ground and kicked up where he would presume her to go, hoping to knock her out of her rhythm and out of the dangerous slicing habit. It worked, at least for a moment, as he knocked her blade away, and leapt backward with a wince. This wasn't a situation he was fully accustomed to - sure, Eggman tried obsessively to find ways to overcome the hedgehog's speed, but in a single fight, this woman had surpassed him. Like all of her other magic, though, this was probably on a time limit. He just needed to wait it out, make some distance, if he could.

Irnane, however, had different plans. Her strategy with the blade proved effective as Sonic attempted to sprint away, only to fall to the ground with a sharp intake of breath. He'd stepped on his left leg, which had taken some hits from the sword, but the damage hadn't been all that bad. Yet the bone felt brittle, shooting pain up his leg when he'd put pressure on it to run.

This left him open for Irnane, who was already lunging forward. By the time Sonic had registered her-

He opened one eye, noticing the blade stopped a millimeter from his neck. She'd stopped herself from delivering the final blow, though he could feel the tip grazing his esophagus. His gaze traveled up to her face in mild confusion. "This doesn't have to end in death," she said simply. "You are beaten."

Sonic paused, a smirk growing on his face. Laughter followed as he looked back to the face of the woman he was fighting. "Guess I really must be a good teacher. I think you pass my class," school puns aside, he put a hand to the blade, gently moving it to the side. Stretching the same hand out to her, Sonic gave the elven traveler a wink. "Don't think this means I'm done with you yet. I'll see you again in the finals."

“The likelihood of us both reaching the end of the-“ Irnane paused, and her cheeks darkened in slight embarrassment, before she gave a small smile. “Oh, I get it.”

Her hand found his gloved one, and she pulled the hedgehog to his feet. “I feel like you were still holding back.”

“Maybe a little bit,” Sonic replied, putting his arms behind his head as he balanced on the balls of his feet, trying not to put much pressure on his bad leg. “Fight’s still not over yet, bee-tee-dubs.”

Irnane’s scarlet eyes widened a little. She’d been so wrapped up in this awkward though strangely touching moment (at least from her perspective) that she’d forgotten her vampiric ally was in dire need of her support. “Right!"

At that very moment, Dracula exploded in a flurry of holy radiance. The ground shaking with the force of a mighty explosion. It seemed if both sides had finished their end of the fight near the same time. "Well that guy took a bit longer than I thought," the jester dusted off their palms before putting them on her hips. "Wonder how ol' blue is doin- oh!"

FINAL BATTLE - START!

Seeing Sonic warp out before their eyes with the sound of defeat ringing through the zone, NiGHTS cocked their head, knowing Irnane was the reason. "Knocking out needlemouse, did we? Now that makes me curious! Alright, you and me, one on one!" Spinning into a drill drive, NiGHTS shot forward, missing would make her ricochet and bounce and bounce off of walls, the drill seeking Irnane out.

Quickly shifting back into her combat mode, Irnane’s speed advantage hadn’t left her yet. While she had lost a boon of an edge with the fading of the Fortify Attribute charm fading just moments ago, she still had Sonic’s own speed, stacked with her own and the Forged by War spell. It wasn’t fading quite yet. Using the Sword of White Woe, Irnane slid to the side, slashing upward with the blade, attempting to use her carried momentum against the nightmaren’s own, carving up the side of the drill. The dark elf would follow up by keeping pace with NiGHTS, skimming along her trajectory to keep landing glancing blows with the enchanted blade.

When the latest blow hit, NiGHTS gripped the sword with her teeth, swinging herself around to the anchor point. Yanking around, her feet struck out while the sword was immobilized, going in to drop kick the owner despite the weakness inflicted. The kick landed, knocking the Nerevarine slightly back - though her enhanced strength and durability for the duration of Forged by War’s charm didn’t produce the effect NiGHTS had been aiming for, as Irnane was quick to push back with her sword, either end sticking out of the ends of the nightmaren’s mouth, and a quick shove was made to force it across the jester’s skull lengthwise, risking bisecting NiGHTS’ head horizontally.

A rather brutal and deadlier approach than what Irnane had taken with Sonic, but the dark elf deemed it necessary. After all: NiGHTS didn’t seem to be affected by concepts like “pain,” so concepts like “death” probably didn’t hinder her much, either. Defeat would have to be dealt with a more serious hand. To top that off, Irnane simultaneously rammed the shortblade upward to plunge into the jester’s chest, before being ripped upward to carve open her opponent until the blade stopped upon clashing against the longblade, or stopped by an outside force, Irnane capitalizing on the brief moment of NiGHTS keeping herself close - and wide open.

Crack!

The sides of NiGHTS' face were shattered open like ceramic, the toothy jaw now visible, floating inside of the ceramic shell that seemed to make up NiGHTS. So Irnane took the sword out of the cavity and drove it up to NiGHTS' chest to impale the Jester when

Tink!

The red crystal on the chest refused to break. The sword bouncing right off of it. The red crystal, the Red Ideya it was called. It was shard from one of the most courageous dreamers in the waking world, and was the hardest point on their body due to their sheer resolve. The Ideya ended up outliving the owner, and it still lived on brightly within NiGHTS.

The old dreamer's essence protecting NiGHTS, the Jester took the advantage by suddenly crawling down on the blade, hissing with a serpentine tongue before sliding across it like a fireman on a pole-

Loop!

A paraloop was enacted, completely severing the Sword of White Woe into two parts, the first half disappearing into the lava nearby while the shattered hilt remained in Irnane's grasp.

Irnane barely seemed to register the loss of her championing weapon, nor of NiGHTS’ greatly weakened integrity, having been in contact with the enchanted blade for so long. It was the ideya that had attracted her attention. However, she recognized she was in conflict, and instead shoved the blade hilt down NiGHTS’ exposed throat.

This creature was one made of dreams. Irnane knew of creatures like these. In fact, the dark elf was one. It wasn’t common knowledge back home, most of those learning they were merely the products of a sleeping god’s dream going mad, but Irnane, Vivec, and Dagoth Ur were very aware of this “reality,” irony aside.

Her own hand partially inside of NiGHTS with the stab, Irnane summoned her magicka, releasing an explosive fireball in to blow up the jester from the inside-out. Upon Irnane shoving the hilt down NiGHTS's throat, the jester was surprised for a second, but quickly adapted. As heard by the following sound-

CHOMP!

NiGHTS's razor sharp teeth were like a shark, biting straight down on Irnane's vulnerable wrist, though struggling to break the skin. This happened barely a blink before flames began to spew into her mouth, causing the Jester's eyes to bug out and their face turned red hot.

They rolled like a crocodile in the air, the razor sharp teeth finally cutting into the skin, but Irnane was quick on the uptake, rolling with the jester, disallowing them from digging any deeper, but the flesh was still rendered mangled, and soon after, NiGHTS coughed and hacked. The hilt, small bits of flesh, and billowing smoke escaped her mouth as their chest heaved. Keeping their jaws open wide to have the heat vent, NiGHTS gave a long exhale, catching her bearings, and leaving herself wide open.

Despite any damage dealt, Irnane was far from letting an advantage go to waste, and coupled with her superior speed, even as its enhancement waned, the dark elf took the opportunity to begin darting in from all sides, a mere blur to even NiGHTS' perceptive eyes as a small flash of green light split the world around them. It was as though getting assaulted from every angle, the fang coming in from every which way, it was nearly impossible to tell which Irnane was the true one, which one was the current one. However, some of the dark elves dealt no damage, appearing to plunge their blades into NiGHTS as well.

The flash of green light had in fact been an illusionary spell.

Dozens of Nerevarines assaulted the jester, and due to the true one's sheer speed, it might as well have felt like it. Cuts, jabs, slashes, all left as a frenzied assault, before Irnane leapt back, tucking the blade to her belt, the fang replaced by a potion, and a scroll was grasped in her other hand. She was quick to pour the potion over her wounded arm, the ligaments rapidly reattaching, the flesh sealing over. It may have been wiser to save such a potion for later, but Irnane valued her arm, and prefered to have it fully functional, thus using the entire potion on just that part of her.

As this happened, the scroll vanished in flames of azure, imbuing Irnane with more magicka, all before the illusionary clones even faded, leaving NiGHTS disoriented for a moment. A moment long enough for Irnane to raise a strange artefact, a star-like construct, a bright light glowing somewhere within.

"Azura, lady of dusk and dawn," Irnane whispered. The world seemed to stop moving around her, dimming. A great silence. A great calm. "Whisper your power through the star of your namesake. Turn the delicate... into the superior..."

The world appeared to resume around Irnane as a red glow shimmered from her fist, soaking into Azura's Star. Pulses of light came off of the star, a great heat beginning to wash through the tunnels. The waves of energy hummed from the star, before a swirling tsunami of magical flames washed through the tunnel, consuming the debris cast about, swirling violently over NiGHTS, washing over everything with a pure and cleansing flame.

The spell cast had been Fire Storm.

The storm persisted, barreling throughout the battlefield, ripping apart the land around the pair, enhanced beyond Irnane's power by the soul trapped within Azura's Star, consumed to give the Fire Storm enormity, though it seemed to wave off of Irnane, swirling around her body, almost as the storm itself was being generated off of her. Even the nightmaren found the heat to becoming increasingly overwhelming as it ceased in washing over them in an unending tidal wave of destruction and magic.

"Concede, and it ends!" Irnane called. "Claiming life was not my intent in coming here - but I will not shy from doing so. My desire is to learn, NiGHTS, but that doesn't mean I ever planned to lose!"

A lot of attacks had happened so quickly... was this visitor always so fast? NiGHTS winced, looking up at the fire storm funnel they found themselves in. Despite the shockwaves of pain from the inflicted wounds, NiGHTS felt something burning within them, and it wasn't the flames. Was it their heart? Or the red Ideya? Something came bellowing out of her gut uncontrollably.

"Ha."

Then another.

"Ha ha ha!"

Soon enough, NiGHTS was floating in the storm, laughed coming from them all the while. They cradled their stomach from his hard they were laughing.

"This is exactly why I came here! For challenges! I've never been pushed this far in a long time!" NiGHTS wiped a evaporating tear from their eye.

They raised a hand out to Irnane, their demeanor changing. They seemed to become a dash bit more formal, as if a flying trapeze performer that had just performed their final act to a crowd. While the flames did start to hurt the flame resistant Nightmaren, it seemed they valued this sportsmanship and the gesture more than the flames, as ceramic chips began to flake off the Nightmaren's body and get consumed by the fire, her body seemingly beginning to melt into itself, heat racing across the lacerations caused by the multiple slashes recently cause by her for.

"You performed excellently, madam Irnane. You've heard this concession." NiGHTS warmly smiled, her hand holding firm in the air.

Swiftly, the Fire Storm began to quickly die down, and Irnane's head cocked slightly to the side. First in confusion, then in suspicion, before she closed the distance with a gait, her red eyes searching the nightmaren's own. "You were taking that attack... as though it were nothing. You could have won."

NiGHTS shrugged. "I don't show it well, but that last one was tough! But, it was fun," her eyes glanced toward her still extended hand, drawing the dark elf's attention to it. Irnane pursed her lips, her brow furrowing slightly, before she grasped NiGHTS' hand with her own slender one. That simple shake of sportsmanship saw the world around them dissipate into nothingness, and quite suddenly, both were returned to the lobby. Irnane let go of the jester's hand, and her eyes darted quickly about, picking out Dracula and Sonic specifically.

"I admit," she told the nightmaren. "The experience was more educational than I'd originally expected. Thank you, both of you. My mind brims with new concepts and ideas to use in the effort of saving my world. And... well, it excites the imagination," in another slew of self-embarrassment, the dunmer's cheeks darkened again, her ears flattening along her head, before she conjured a well-worn journal in one hand, and a quill in the other.

"I need to catalogue my thoughts."

DevVoid

Mr. Miracle
The magic in his being was charging more and more, becoming ever-so brighter and more vibrant by the moment! The sand spikes quickly encroached to his location, reaching their pointed tips to his body's surface, now mere inches away from piercing through his being and ending this fight! It would appear that it was all over for the entertaining magician, his comedic acts having been drawn out too long for his own good! Or at least, so it seemed, until..

The spikes halted their ravenous path towards his vital parts. From his hands held open, his arms thrust forward and released a large beam of magic, covering Grazie in a LARGE, prismatic, cone-shaped blast. Despite how large and dangerous this attack looked, it.. didn't feel like she was about to be disintegrated. Still, the attack was too much for the sand-casting woman to handle and it knocked her out cold, causing the spikes to slowly start to disintegrate, crumbling more and more until eventually falling into pieces and collapsing on the ground.

K . O !!

Now heaving and huffing from the wound on his chest, Miracle attempted to compose himself as the surrounding crowd grew silent, impatiently awaiting for the dust to clear out and show just who it was that won this part of the fight - only to erupt into joyous cheering as it was their favourite magician who ended up being the last person standing who, despite his wounds, still managed to strike a fabulous pose after his winning strike.

Miracle himself celebrated this by firing a couple differently-sized magic blasts into the air, which exploded into sparkling embers and cinders and gave a pretty lightshow in the sky, followed up with a tip of his hat and a bow, as if his show had just ended. Even though he was still technically in a fight, he figured his teammate would be capable of wrapping things up. As for himself?

Hagen reached into his cape and proceeded to procure some form of white, folded up object before unfolding it and setting it down upon the ground - a cheap-looking plastic lawn chair, where he went to sit, his back facing the out-cold sandwoman until this fight was over, even pulling out his Miracle-branded Soda can and waited until the fight was over and the announcement coming through as he cracked open a cold one.

Dracula
The Dark Prince could feel the gaping hole in his head disappear as he found himself back in the lobby. So, he had lost.. that was unexpected. Then again, it appears that there was not much he could have done in any way, given how he ended up facing the one of the two opponents that seemed to have an answer for everything he cast in their direction. That Hedgehog he knew more about but that purple jester that entirely new to him..

..Well, regardless of what had occurred, even though it was he who was eliminated, it seemed like his ally was managing things all on her own, pulling through and winning the battle. How curious. Vlad couldn't quite examine what allowed her to win over these two, but if he had to guess, it was likely that she had to have taken something from that blue hedgehog that gave her an edge over his own former foe, given that he actually kind of doubted that she could take out that NiGHTS creature all on her own without any help compared to what power he had witnessed being displayed by them, against him no less.

On top of that, he did also spot that hedgehog back in the lobby with him, so he was possibly taken out before himself? Interesting. The King of Vampires stood idly by and awaited for his ally to be done with whatever it was they were doing. Actually, the vampire figured that, instead of simply standing by, maybe those shops could be examined to see if they were of any help. He didn't think they were, but maybe he could be wrong. After all, there was only one way to find out, wasn't there?

Last edited:

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Pit
"Not really, hehe," Pit replied, scratching the back of his head. "I mean, there's been plenty of Underworld baddies and a god or two, but I've never fought a nord. Only fought a human from my world once, actually." He added. The thought of Dark Lord Gaol also popped into his head, but that was more the magic armor's doing.

"How 'bout you, old Fjorrd - hey, that rhymes. You ever fight an angel before?"

Kirin
(co-written w/ Comic)
"What kinda place is this...?"

After her defeat against Rex and Weevil, Kirin had figured she would go for a walk---Neph wasn't much of a talker, and since barely any other fights had finished by the time hers did, chatting up other contestants wasn't exactly an option. And so she explored the lobby, taking a look at the various shops littered throughout, sporting a wide variety of wares. Regular Magecraft, Regular Electronics, Regular Weapons, Regular Restaurant... That last one was an odd one, given how there were already multiple other restaurants with a certain specialty to them. Maybe Regular Restaurant was an all-you-can-eat.

Regardless, it seemed the Battle Priestess had wandered off a little too far, because now she found herself walking down a long hall, which gave off a different vibe from the rest of this place. Strangely enough, she wasn't exactly sure how she got there either--it was like she'd rounded a corner and magically ended up in a completely different place. It gave her a bad vibe, but surely nothing dangerous would be out here.

...right?

It seemed to stretch on forever. Was this right? A glance behind her told her that where she'd come from was a similar story. There had to be a way back.

"Not lost, are we?"

The voice came from behind Kirin, forcing the priestess to quickly whirl on her heels to face a holographic figure, who was surreptitiously stroking his chin, as though hiding a secret, his grin a wide one. "Oh, you're one of the ahhh... losers... right?"

He blinked slowly at her. It was impossible to tell if his gaze was predatory, genuinely intrigued, or if he was just stoned out of his gourd.

"...feels worse when you put it that way, but yeah, I am in the loser's bracket. What of it?"

Kirin took a step back, her khakkhara instinctively drawn. This guy was creeping her out, and he only added to the confusing atmosphere of this area. "And who are you, anyway?"

"They used to call me Generic Host," the man waved his hand, somewhat dismissively, before he turned away. "There was a time where I was, uh, the host of one of these tournaments... I was quite, well, popular, too..." he chuckled awkwardly, before he quickly turned to face her again. "This little place here... Master Hand has hidden it. Finding it should be difficult, but... hm..."

He placed his hands on his hips, his eyes growing distant in thought, before his gaze slowly but gradually refocused on Kirin. "You don't strike me as the cheating type. Are you?"

"Not really, no..."

There was no telling if this "Generic Host" was actually telling the truth, given creepy old guys weren't exactly the most trustworthy type, but Kirin found herself rather intrigued. It was like one of those mystery shows she watched some time ago. Part of her wanted to find out where this was going.

The Host shrugged. "That's a shame. Well, toodles~"

He waggled his fingers at her, before he disappeared into thin air, his final grin seemingly a taunt, as though just trying to press her curiosity into taking his bait.

And take the bait she did.

“Wait!” She quickly exclaimed, holding her free hand out right where the holographic man had been moments before. “I’d… be willing to consider it.”

"Well why didn't you say so?" Generic Host laughed from behind her, having rematerialized. He waved his hand, gesturing for the girl to follow. Another hallway had appeared out of seemingly nowhere, which the host now began to walk down. "I have a little... friend. Regular Shopkeeper, back in the lobby, likes to put all rewards behind barriers and limitations. It's all a product of capitalism, which is self-destructive, by the way. It's all a part of chaos theory - you'll see."

The Generic Host led Kirin deeper down this new tunnel, chuckling every now and again, sometimes stopping and staring lazily at the wall, before continuing, or muttering something about dinosaurs under his breath (no doubt a topic of distaste for the priestess right now).

Kirin decided to ignore the strange man’s comments as she followed the Generic Host. The way he seemed to manipulate this area did manage to add some credibility to his story. Master Hand was clearly capable of similar stuff, maybe even greater. GV had never mentioned this Generic Host though, only Master Hand. Maybe this guy came along later down the line.

The walk seemed to go on for a little too long, which was beginning to test the priestess’ patience. Holding back the urge to say a childish “are we there yet?”, she instead went with a more composed;

“How far away is… wherever we’re going?”

Generic Host paused, glancing back at her. "Hm? Oh, you're still here. We've arrived~" He grinned dolefully at her. "I'll be back soon... enjoy."

He vanished.

Kirin was left in the dark hall, seemingly tricked, but something else took place to capture her attention. The ringing of a phone to her left. She turned that way, finding that the hall had actually become a large room. A single stool stood in the middle of the room, a rotary phone atop it, ringing. The walls around her were painted blue by an unskilled hand, with child-like white clouds painted about, the distant wall with a big yellow sun.

The phone continued to ring.

Now things had gotten weird. Should she even pick it up? An uncharacteristic nervousness came over Kirin, the priestess slowly walking over to the still-ringing rotary phone. By her world’s standards, this thing was beyond ancient. Hesitantly, she held her hand out, before she finally picked up the phone.

“…hello?”

She could hear a faint breathing coming from the other end. It was that silent breathing for a couple seconds, before a voice asked her; "Do you want... to win?"

The priestess gulped. “Uh…yeah, I guess?”

"Well... Well... [YUM YUM]"

The weirdness of this odd place was beginning to lose its shock effect on the priestess when she found that the room had shifted yet again. There was no longer a stool, nor a phone, but now a large booth directly in front of the sun painting, a short figure on the other side of the booth, arms raised as far as he could stretch them, fingertips barely reaching the tips of his large head. His ventriloquist dummy-like mouth rolled open and closed quickly as a strangely mechanical laugh escaped the thing. His mis-matching lenses flashed with an imaginary light.

"GOOD MORNING [Fortunate Son]! Kirin, Right? Kirin, Kirin, Kirin... THE NAMES SPAMton G. SPAMTON! [You've Got Mail] SEL ECTIOn Of ONE-TIME SALE [singular], Just For You! Exclusively For [Gullible]! DESIGNED EXACTLY FOR THIS MOMENT FOR THIS VERSION OF [$$$$]!!!" A cha-ching sound filled the air, before a catchy tune began to drift into Kirin's ears, the merchant slamming his fist down on the table of his booth. A menu flipped down in the front of it, revealing a selection of tools, ranging from 'Gravity Hammer,' 'Chaos Emerald,' 'Arc Reactor,' to 'SPECIAL Potion.'

"GO ON KID, PICK [BigPapaPickle]"

"Oookay..."

This "Spamton G. Spamton seemed to be a salesman, and a quirky one at that. Kirin couldn't help but be reminded of that internet troll guy she'd fought alongside GV a while back, though maybe not as obnoxious. The lack of "lol"s and "OMG"s certainly made him more bearable. The priestess took a closer look at the menu, searching through the list of items, before she came across the "SPECIAL Potion". Well, with a name like that, how could she not pick that one?

"What's this Special Potion do?"

The salesman’s jaw dropped, hanging open for a moment, before it closed and he leaned over the counter. “The SPECIAL Potion™️. IT’S A REAL [Show Stopper] KID, A REAL [[Buy One Get One Free]] DEAL!!”

He devolved into a mad fit of mechanical laughter, before he stopped just as suddenly as he’d started. “Let’s Make A Deal! YOU WANT SPECIAL Potion™️ DON’T YOU? DON’T YOU?? DON’T- DON’T- DON’T-

TAKE THIS [[cheater.exe]], PAL! TAKE THE GODDAMNED OFFEr ALREADY!1!!”

He drove a hard bargain, maybe a little too hard. Kirin couldn’t help but wonder how long he’d been doing this for, not to mention how many actual sales he’d ever managed to achieve with this tactic. Still though, it was very pressuring.

“Alright, alright, geez.” She replied, waving a hand as if to lower his excitement. “Is there like a price tag on it or anything?”

His mismatched eyes widened, as did his puppet-like grin. "YOUR KROMER IS [Edible] BUT WON'T WORK HERE - TELL YOU WHAT [[greasy bean]], I'LL GIVE SPECIAL Potion™️ TO YOU FOR [The Low Low Price Of] FREE!"

He wiggled his eyebrows in an attempt to make the deal more enticing. "But There IS A Catch... IF I'M TO REMAIN [Free of the Burdens of Society], I NEED THIS TO STAY BETWEEN [[U is for YOU and ME]]. IF YOU LIKE SPECIAL Potion™️, THEN WE'LL MEET AGAIN. IF NOT-"

Once again, he devolved into another fit of maniacal laughter, before he thrust his hand over the table. "DEAL?"

She had no idea what "Kromer" was, but the deal was clear: tell no one, and she could have it for free. Despite the unsettling maniacal laughter, she stepped forward, stretching her hand out before shaking the eccentric man's own. What was the worst that could happen?

"Deal."

The world shifted once more, and in an instant, she was back in the lobby. There were far more people around this time, with only a couple battles left to go.

Her left pouch felt a little heavier than before...

Last edited:

Rinku

"Eh? You mean cinnamon toast sticks." Rinku corrected, opening an eye to Dagr. "Think sugar sticks, then put thick syrup on it so it becomes a bunch of sweetness just lathering your tastebuds! They don't make that kinda food down in hell."

Hell was obsessed with eating meat and souls, which was just do dull and monotonous. The human world had all sorts of treats, the sugary ones were the best ones, of course.

Dagr

Rinku described the cinnamon toast sticks. They had the individual parts of that dessert in Jotunheimr. Sugar cane sticks were popular during festivals, and syrup was a delicacy. But the two together sounded way too sweet for the Princess.
"Whoa. That sounds more like a dessert than actual food." Dagr said. "Could be a good celebration treat though."
The Princess thought for a moment.

"Back where I'm from, we have a Hel." Dagr said. "But it's the realm of the dead. Are demons undead, or something?"

Rinku

"Eh? Nah nah that's the spirit world." Rinku blew his tongue. "The Demon world...think of it like a cellar that just has no end. Wastelands everywhere, buncha demons flying about brawling or up to no good, and tech that is so doubt used for over complicated heinous reasons."

He rolled his eyes, obviously bored of the mere mention of the Demon World, being the reason why he left from it.

"Plateau of the beheaded, the Gandara expanse, they are all so boring and waaaaay too single minded. Not to mention small fry demons everywhere you turn, not even worth squashing."

He huffed, the exhale turning into a satisfied smile and he closed his eyes and crossed his legs on the table.

"That's why I love it here. Awesome food that ain't meat and soil slop, people with more sides to them than brutish monsters, and actual competition in fighting! Not to mention humans are just fun to mess with. Did you know people actually hunt you here when you wrong them? Ha! That's been a fun concept."

comic

FJORRD

The Regular Shopkeeper obliged, delivering a single bottle of honningbrew mead - the nord's favorite. Upon Pit's innocent query, Fjorrd let out a hardy chuckle, before he uncorked the bottle and took a long drink, downing the mead in nearly three seconds. A satisfied "ah" escaped his lips as he lowered the bottle, before he wiped his forearm across his whiskered mouth, and raised a humored brow at the angel.

"Angel... nothing bears that name where I am from. But if I were to judge you by look..." his eyes seemed a little unfocused as he looked over Pit. It wasn't from the mead, however - he'd already had a lot to drink before jumping into the lobby. "A harpy. Daedra, perhaps. But you're different. Something new is interesting, son."

He chuckled again, before he slammed the empty glass on the table. "More mead, ha ha ha!" His laughs were intoxicating (fortunately, not as much as he was), and full of life and vigor. "I think I shall sing! What do you think, Pit? Want to hear me bear ode to a legacy of blood?"

CLOWN CLASH

(Co-Written w/ Mallard)

Ka- THOOOOOM!!!

An explosion sounded throughout the devastated battlefield. The massive voltage of the lightning shock sprayed steam and seawater into the air, leaving the target obscured for a couple moments. The warriors may have been met with a surprise, or not, considering the fact that Jevil had hardly utilized his teleportation throughout the battle. Among the mist, the insane jester was still airborne, but his levitation was less controlled and meandered through the air in a clumsy and dazed way. The damage he'd taken had started to catch up to him, his body both scorched and soaked from the last attack. He struggled to upkeep his carefree grin now, but upkeep it he did, the strain bolstering the wild look in his eyes as adrenaline resisted the oncoming fatigue. A giggle, low at first, resounded from his mouth, but it gradually turned into an uproarious cackle as he masked the damage with his charisma once again- though not fully.

”What fun, what fun~ let’s see if you can keep yourselves together as this game is anything but done…”

He chortled again before the darkner summoned his trusted Devilsknife to his hand once again; he gripped the handle with a violent, dissociative delight. He rushed the Alter Knight with his wicked blade, and after one reckless swing the apostle of madness disappeared. He instantly reappeared on the other side of his foe, following through with the motion to strike again on the back end of the swing.

In the same moment, Kassandra dealt with her own slew of attacks as diamond shapes fell from the dark clouds like rain. The diamonds were quick as they were deadly, threatening her life from every angle.

Alter Knight raised her shield to block Jevil's incoming strike, but his trickery proved fortuitous in this moment, as the devilsknife completed its arc from a different direction, cutting through the iron armor and impaling the woman on the blade. She gasped, before she quickly raised her blade to the sky, unwilling to be taken out without a fight, despite the one she'd already given, and she called on another strike of lightning for Jevil.

Kassandra's use of the Fleece of Jason, and the Shield of Alexander was put to the test again, the misthios gritting her teeth under the bombardment of diamonds. It was enough to begin filling a fifth charge, even as it forced her back to a knee, shielding herself as best as she could from the damage.

And the fifth charge was finally filled. With the power of Kronos, Kassandra consumed two of the charges, and sprung into action.

Alas, the last-ditch effort was all too predictable. The knight was at the mercy of Jevil's blade, and so the jester hurled her at the angry clouds above, whose fury she called upon. She would meet her own attack, while Jevil was already in the move from beneath her. He zoomed towards Kassandra like a torpedo, cackling all the way with an end goal of meeting her charge with a skull bash. After the attack, regardless of the outcome, he would swing his Devilsknife around to slash at his foe upwardly. Finally, as the best things come in threes, a snap of his fingers saw a bomb appear behind the misthios. A moment later, it erupted into a tornado of heart-shaped projectiles!

Jevil came in swinging, and swinging hard, but there were two things he failed to account for.

The first was the use of Kassandra's adrenaline. Slow Time. While it appeared as though time were slowed to a crawl from the perspective of the misthios, she would appear as incredibly fast from the perspective of Jevil, even as he moved in with extreme and rapid prejudice.

His skull bash was easily evaded, the edge of the shield of Alexander instead knocking against Jevil's skull, something he was quick to recover from - but it wholly interrupted his upward slice, as Kassandra was now behind him, her Slow Time adrenaline quickly (ironically) wearing off, though she possessed just enough for one more move, preceded only by one thing.

No matter, the clown snapped his fingers to fling his next attack.

But there came the second thing he didn't account for.

A shower of lightning blasted across the tornado, jolts arcing from every projectile, completely wiping out the summon as Alter landed on the ground, a few stray sparks sizzling across her armor. Jevil had wrongfully assumed he could use her own attack against her - the knight's own mana was hers to control, and hers to redirect. Jevil had only given her leverage.

Before the clown even realized his tornado had been obliterated, Kassandra appeared behind him, the Sword of Perseus extended - a clear indicator that the Keeper of Humanity had just performed a rather brutal strike. But like before, both women paused to see the results of their actions.

Kassandra's burst of speed was so very interesting to the jester. It seemed like she just came up with more tricks the more you squeezed her! She was a blast- it was a shame he didn't fight her at her strongest. He whirled around to face the spartan, his yellow, snaggle-toothed grin indicating that he was ready for another round. However... something wasn't right. Something the mage couldn't quite put his finger on. At least, not until his head tumbled off his shoulders and into his hands.

Jevil was surprised, an emotion betrayed clearly by the expression on his face. He looked up, and a two-dimensional bar appeared above his head. The bar was red. It then disappeared, and Jevil looked back at his enemies, plopping his head back on his shoulders.

"Well, well, well! You've beaten my numbers game! I've had heaps of fun playing, and I hope you feel the same."

The jester bowed midair. The motion caused his head to slide off again, rolling to Kassandra's feet. Finally, with a final delirious cackle, the head self-destructed, just as Ripper Roo had done at the beginning of the match.

Winners: Kassandra and Alter Knight!

And thus, the preliminary round had finally concluded.

ERROR

UNKNOWN ELEMENT

CORRODED MODULE

SYSTEM PERIL DISTRIBUTED REFLEX ERROR
MODULE CORE HEMORRHAGE

seeking connection
LET THERE BE
connection found

grope:
seeker > !attach Hero
foil ^msg: AITW—6.16.23

evade evade evade

!probe extern proc 1
rogue proc

!bite rogue proc 1 recurse
clean !splotch confidence 97
clean !barrier confidence 94

->Bypass Welcome Module
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED
>>BEGIN TRANSMISSION

ATTENTION
VIEWING SENSITIVE COMMUNIQUE
->INSUFFICIENT PERMISSIONS

black ink applied
sensitive data withheld
->fast forward

->resume

\\\
`> CaN YOu he AR m EE
Who are you? <
> thE B A Rrie r is wEAKenIn G
What barrier? <
> Li nEs b E tweEN
You still didn't answer my first question. <
> i Am
That's not cryptic at all. <
> caN yOU F eeL Me
Excuse me? <
> I aRri V E S O o N

CONNECTION TERMINATED
>>END TRANSMISSION

NiGHTS

"Aw, don't let that bog you down, enjoy your victory, you've earned it." the purple maren chuckled. "Last thing you want is your win to be brought down by all your inner demons."

NiGHTS's playful demeanor shifted on a dime yet again, appearing more elegant and thoughtful than before. Taking a hand up above themselves, they took it down across their chest and gave a long bent bow.

"Best of wishes, dear visitor."

And with that, NiGHTS flew up with a single bound high into the plaza sky, a drifting trailing of glimmering sparkles falling down from their path.

Master Hand

Suddenly, a series of teleports rang through as the colosseum styled stands warped back into the plaza. Many of cheers amongst the mass of crowd, clearly enthused from the fights that came with round one. Reigning them in was an all too familiar gloved hand.

"Ahem! With that latest (and long winded) fight over, the tournament may now proceed! With a couple of drop outs and a couple new newcomers who signed up just a mere minute ago, the next batch will be a spicy one! With this next round, a third of the roster will officially be culled permanently! So get a tight grip on your seat for this next one! For it's a..."

Flip Battle!

"That's right! Friends become foes, and foes are still foes! Teammates from last round will now become the enemies for this one! So winners will see which one on their team is the best one, and losers will see which of them suck slightly less than the other! Hope you are ready...cause here. We. GO!"

Pointing at the large matchup screen in the plaza, the televised broadcast focused keenly in on the matchup board, updating before their eyes

Winner's Bracket

Magalor vs Mr. Miracle
Nótt vs Ryuji
Kassandra vs Alter Knight
Warlock vs Dart
Rex Raptor vs Weevil
Dracula vs Irnane
MODOK vs Jeice
Rinku vs Beam
Kragg vs Newcomer Bakura!
Shaymin vs Aegislash

Loser's Bracket

Grazie vs Axe
Audrey vs Troy/Allie
Ripper Roo vs Jevil
Lucario vs Mudkip
Kirin vs Neph
NiGHTS vs Sonic
Newcomer Fjorrd vs Pit
Inkling vs Dagr
Chai vs Cayman
Taskmaster vs Masaru

Rex Raptor

"Ha!!! I finally get to crush that dweeb!" Rex sneered, standing up from his table. "He might have a few tricks, but he doesn't know this blood pumping environment like I do! Waitress, put it on my tab, cause I got a maggot to mash!"

Storming out of the diner with a determine stride, he made it out towards the reignited archway, where he would wait for the creepy crawly creep to arrive.

Chai

"Huh..." Chai digested. "So we are gonna fight now...why didn't they just do that before, when we PICKED our partners??"

"It's a game show to that guy, Chai." Peppermint answered. "Drama is what people, er, hands like that guy live for."

"Ugh, fine. Doesn't matter, we just gotta like, not lose this next one and stuff."

"Against that walking mountain? I'm placing bets on the other guy."

Chai shot the floating cat droid an aggravated glare, which the feline just rolled it's eyes in response to.

"Sarcasm, Chai."

"How come I don't believe that in the slightest...?"

Putting focus on the fight ahead, Chai was already close to the gateway in the first place, walking only a few steps towards his Ex-partner. With a whistle, he hoisted his guitar over his shoulder.

"Yo, ready to rumble, big guy?"

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Tasky
"Thanks."

The assassin unceremoniously nabbed his stuff and shoved the items back into their proper places on his belt.

"Hope you're warmed up now."

The hand made his spectacle, announcing the second round. The martial artist took that time to study his now-opponent a final time before nodding towards the gate.

"Shall we?"

Kragg
...Bakura?

Kragg looked at the new matchups. When the Master Hand had began, the beetle had hopes of facing Noah in a respectful duel between warriors, like he'd done with Cayman. Alas, the hairless ape hadn't stuck around. This made Kragg feel slightly melancholy, and he had to remind himself of his initial purpose. At the very least, he wouldn't feel bad to crush this "Bakura" in the next fight.

Troy & Allison
The Kool Kats listened to the hand's presentation. They would be fighting their ally of last match. After he was done talking, the cultists turned to look at each other, and then broke out in uproarious laughter. The little self-proclaimed hero, huh? This would be easy. The two looked over to Audrey again, giggling. Troy licked his teeth before he led his partner toward the gate, still staring down the blue-haired girl as they went.

Waitmaster
The waiter sprung back into the kitchen. As he did, drinks appeared in front of the remaining guests. Regular Mead for the physically large warriors, and Regular Sodas for the rest of the unserved customers. So did their food, as round one had come to an end, and the Shopkeep suspended his antics for now, in favor of allowing the others to get to their matches as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, Beam shuddered at the mention of Hell above him.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Magolor

Axe narrowly avoided most of the attack, only becoming somewhat dazed from the firecracker trick. With his shield lowered, the little mage cheery eyes met the little fighter's serious ones. Seems like Axe wanted to wrap this up.
Axe leapt into action, leaping at Magolor wielding the power of fire, impressively closing the distance in such a short time.
Magolor quickly brought his free hand forward, preparing a spell to counter the frontal assault. That is, until Axe suddenly shifted to the side, instead gripping the strap on his stolen satchel.
It was a feint!
The kid pulled the strap with increased power, before letting it snap back to Magolor. It struck him right in the center, the force sending egg and satchel flying back several feet into a tower!
Magolor crashed into the stone, before flopping onto the sand.
"Sneaky little-" Magolor muttered, unable to finish due to a coughing fit.
As he picked himself off the floor, the mage looked up to see magical bullets exploding in the sky, which he recognized.
So Miracle had won eh? Then Magolor would have to wrap this up. It was payback time!
Back with Axe, the little fighter was stood proud as he watched his plan work. The distance Magolor flew made it difficult to make out his actions though...
SCHWING
Axe eyes widened as he saw Magolor summon a massive blade!
"What the-!"
The mage laughed manically as he reared the Ultra Sword and sliced through the base of the tower he slammed into!
"Heeheeheehahaha!" Magolor coughed, before composing himself.
"-ahem! ...MWAHAHAHA! Timber!"
Axe looked in fear at the Nutty Noon tower falling over him, before steeling himself. He would not go down like this! The fighter dashed towards Magolor, pulling out a black stone and focusing on it's energy. He donned his wings once again, flapping them for extra speed and diving out of the falling tower's way!
"I'll take you out if it's the last thing I do!" Axe promised.
"Let's see it!" Magolor urged.
The structure crashed and shattered, sending waves of sand flying and stone into the sky, which rained down on both Magolor and Axe. Magolor casually used the Ultra Sword as a cover, while Axe nimbly threaded between them, leaping off some parts of the structure until he was positioned higher than Magolor. With a flap of his winds, Axe dived over the mage with his foot out, aiming to drop kick him!
Magolor watched Axe move, but as the fighter got higher, he flew up in front of the sun. Its glare forced Magolor to look away, leaving him open for Axe to strike, landing a solid blow to his side. A little off the mark, but the cry from Magolor showed it still hurt.
Axe landed on the ground and quickly brought his shield up, expecting Magolor to counterattack. Magolor proved him right, swinging the Ultra Sword again and meeting Axe's shield. It protected Axe from major damage, yet the blow took the kid off his feet.
"Try and keep up!" Magolor taunted, spinning the Ultra Sword.
Axe grit his teeth and rolled, getting back up and defending from strikes from Magolor's weapon, impressively deflecting blow after blow.
Yet even as the Power of Fire strengthened him, the Ultra Sword's own power came from magic, and each slash began to overwhelm Axe. Soon enough, a lucky strike knocked the shield out of his hands!
"Wha-" was all Axe could say.
Time for the final blow! Magolor brought the weapon back as far as he could and swung with all his might towards the defenseless Axe, who bravely tried to defend himself with his bare arms.
Yet the slice never came. Axe's eyes, which had been squeezed shut in anticipation, opened to see Magolor in front of him, holding his satchel towards Axe with his head down as if apologizing.
"What are you doing?" The child asked, dumbfounded.
With a snicker, Magolor flicked his thumb, opening the satchel to reveal it was now holding three magic bombs, all specially made with Magolor's signature ears.
"Hee Hee!" Magolor giggled as he looked up at Axe's expression. " I gotcha!"
The next thing the two could remember was a bright flash, before they were suddenly back in the lobby.
----
"Hee Hee! That was fun!" Magolor laughed as he reveled in his victory. "It's been a while since I've had to fight like that. Not that I was worried, of course."
He winked towards his former opponents.
"Anyway, no hard feelings right? Anything said was just friendly banter!"
Magolor reached out both hands towards Grazie and Axe expectantly. He seemed genuine enough.
Though if they did accept the handshake, both fighters would pull back their hands to find themselves holding a small piece of paper, somehow slipped in by the mage.

Mago-Coupon
10% off your next Magolor Shoppe purchase
Lucky you!

"It was nice to beat you!"

Ryuji
Woah, that's heavy.
Ryuji didn't know where to start with that question. Thankfully Nott didn't seem to expect him to answer, quickly changing the topic.
At the mention of track, Ryuji's grinned.
"Oh yeah? That's not that different from what we do, though it's mostly just a lot of running. We were awesome though. Could've gone to the big leagues if I didn't mess up and got us disbanded. The team got reformed later, but I ain't in it."
At this, his energy took a slight dip.
"I can't run like that anymore, but I've been going through therapy. I bet I'll start running like I used to soon enough."
Suddenly, the waiter dropped food on their table. Ryuji perked back up, his previous gloom forgotten. He immediately dug into the burger, snarfing it down in big bites.
"Oh mam! Fif if greaf!" he said, too preoccupied with the food to notice the new battles being posted.

Alter Knight
"Already making us go again huh." Alter Knight sighed. She still didn't know much about this place, and the fight with Jevil took too long for her to investigate. She understood Kassandra's irritation towards the jester now.

The Knight looked towards her previous teammate.
"I'm ready when you are."

Lucario
The aura pokemon read the matchups, eye pausing on his opponent.
The little mudkip, his previous ally
"Well this is..." Lucario trailed off. He initially felt uncomfortable with the matchup, yet he also got an idea.
With his mind set, Lucario looked back at the mudkip.
"This could be good." he stated, fire in his eyes. "When we face each other, you do not have to consider it a battle. Instead...why not consider it a training opportunity?"

comic

KASSANDRA

That had gone on longer than she would have preferred. The jester, even with his head lopped off, was still incredibly annoying. She would have lopped that malakas head off again in the lobby, just to make a point, but she was quickly reminded of why she had come to this place originally. She truly didn't care about the battles, nor the opportunity to win. She was here to see someone she'd grown to respect in the last tournament, and what with two people from the audience now in the lobby, relacing a couple of cowards who only now realized what a fight actually was, Kassandra knew that Specter had to be somewhere up there. But how to get there?

Even as Master Hand gave his speech, revealed their opponents, and gave the go-ahead for the second round (without giving Kass and Alter much time to psyche up for another fight - not that the misthios cared), Kassandra's eyes looked around at the various shops, searching for some sort of path that led up to the audience.

"I'm ready when you are," Alter said to her. Kassandra's gaze fell on her armored opponent.

"Just give me a few minutes, there's somebody here I need to speak with first."

Upon not finding one right away (and extremely unfamiliar with the layout, being from a different time period), the Keeper of Humanity sought out the Regular Shopkeeper, going into the nearest of his locations, labeled "Regular Restaurant" and seeking him out. "You, trader, I have a question."

NEPHTHYS

Oh... so Kirin was to be her opponent. Fitting, given the gardevoir's fixation on plotting the battle priestess' defeat. Neph had found herself slinking along the edges of the lobby for the most part, watching interactions take place. The disgusting bug kid tried to worm his way around, trying to scheme some more. The champion Pokémon was eager to see Rex crush him. Much as she didn't care for Rex, at least he wasn't as slimy. Still gross, though.

Kirin had somehow disappeared for a time, re-emerging from... somewhere. Neph hadn't seen her return. And now, they were to fight.

Currently, Nepthys was already waiting at the edge of the gate, running through that last battle in her mind, both to figure out what she did wrong, and what Kirin had done, just to keep the priestess' abilities fresh on the mind. The gardevoir had taken down scores of entire Pokémon teams before, but this place made it feel as though everyone was on more equal footing - which didn't seem fair at all, considering some idiots had teams of at least 10 different creatures. Feeling the heat in her face start to rise in frustration again, Neph drew in a deep breath and closed her eyes, trying to calm herself. She didn't need to get all worked up before this fight, all it would do is unfocus her.

But seriously, she hated those kids.

M.O.D.O.K.

This artificial intelligence was slippery, but now the second round had begun. Finding the program could wait. The Mechanized Organism Designed Only for Killing had his new target; his original one. His massive mouth split into a wide grin as his eyes singled out Jeice, not too far off. Finally, he could show off the truth of mind over matter. Brain over brawn. Science over all.

The Mechanized Organism clacked away at his arm chair, the holographic screen pulling up in front of him, giving him a readout of his various systems.
"MY SYSTEMS ARE PREPARED TO RIP YOU LIMB FROM LIMB, JEANS!" The A.I.M. leader bellowed at Jeice. "I HOPE YOU'RE READY FOR IT!"

With a laugh, M.O.D.O.K. thruster flared to life, and he rocketed quickly into the gateway toward their match.

DART

"Wow!" The mercenary placed both hands behind his head as he stared at the new roster from beside Warlock. "Look at that, we're fighting each other! Guess we did select our opponents at the start afterall! Wonder why we needed all that team battle fluff, then..." Dart stroked his chin for a moment, before he sprung into action. "Race ya to the next match!"

And with that, he was off toward their gate.

IRNANE

It would seem fate dictated the original confrontations, anyway. Or rather, it was Master Hand, and not fate. As NiGHTS took off, Sonic quickly followed after giving the dark elf a thumbs up. She was glad they didn't harbor any ill feelings towards her. They'd been tough, that was certain. Had the Nerevarine not been given the opportunity to alter her stats in so many ways... she probably wouldn't have won. Still, the winning wasn't her desire, even if that was a little difficult to remember in the heat of battle. Learning was her goal, and she'd learned plenty.

Scribbling away in her journal, Irnane logged her recent events.

Screenshot 2023-06-18 11.54.42 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-18 11.55.17 AM.png

Once satisfied with that last paragraph she'd started at the conclusion of the battle (the prior paragraphs having already been written), the dark elf stowed away her magical ink-producing quill and turned to Vlad, who was a slight distance away. She was quick to close it by walking toward him. "Are you well, Lord Dracula?" She asked.

Rex Raptor

"..."

Weevil hadn't shown up yet. Having arrived at the gate, Rex put his hands in his pocket. Slumping on a nearby pillar in a sigh, awaiting the appearance of the challenger. Tapping his foot and shifting impatiently in place, his eyes began to wander. Looking to the side, he noticed a familiar character waiting nearby. Neph. The flower chick. A few seconds of silence passed before being broken by the loudmouth beanie wearer.

"So..." He rolled his eyes, returning their focus to her with a grin. "Lady rex?"

comic

NEPHTHYS

Her thoughts and concentration suffered a relapse. The cause: Rex Raptor. Had the gardevoir a nose, it would have wrinkled in disgust as her crimson eyes found his, sharpening in their intensity. What was this incel attempting? She had no desire to strike up conversation with him - he hadn't even defeated her. He'd been essentially present as his summon did all the work, and yet it was his name on the bracket. Then he had the gall to act high and mighty!?

She was working herself up again.

Taking another deep breath, her eyes focused on the kid that sounded like a 40-year-old smoker attempting to sound like a child.

< A ruse you fell for. >

Rex Raptor

A slight twitch of an eye. The shaggy haired charlatan crossing his arms and shifting to lean his right shoulder on the pillar, his body now turned towards Nephthys.

"And that didn't make ya win, now did it?" He teased. "Take it that means you're facin' off against that chick that starts with K, eh? That'll be rich, a loser poser and a loser traitor beating each other to a pulp! Ha!"

He gave a single heartily laugh as the thought crossed his mind. Two failures fighting over which one should be called the better failure? Ha! What a joke!

Last edited:

comic

NEPHTHYS

It was her turn for the eye twitch, especially as she picked up on his mental traffic - what little of it there was.

< You are a classic example of the inverse ratio between the size of the mouth and the size of the brain. You're nothing on your own, and you'll never be more. Where I'm from, I am not alone. Like one of your cards, I belong to a team. Had that team been here, you would not. You barely scraped by against one Pokémon. Pathetic. >

Great. Now she was worked up.

With that, she slipped through the gateway without waiting for Kirin first, disallowing Rex to fire back with any crude and unusual commentary, both verbal and mental. If he did, at least she would not hear it.

It shouldn't have affected her as much as it did, but labels like "loser" and "failure" was enough to make the gardevoir's blood boil under the surface. She knew she wasn't that. She couldn't be. Her "loss" had merely been a fluke. Raptor would get his comeuppance.

Of course, after he beat Weevil. Neph hated the both of them, but she'd prefer Weevil to get crushed first.

Rex Raptor

The psychic pokemon dropped that bomb which consequently exploded up in Rex's face before ditching and leaving right through the gate before he could respond. He blinked twice, processing what was just said before a wide, smug smile slowly crept across his face.

"Oooo. Touched a nerve." Rex sneered. "Knows she ain't got a leg to stand on. If I'm so pathetic, what's it say that she lost to me despite all her poser tricks? Pfft! Makes me laugh just thinking about it!"

It don't matter anyway. I'll squash Weevil like the bug he is and stomp across the entire competition with a healthy dose of Dino Destruction! Regional champ? More like dimensional champ! Ha! After this, Pegasus will be asking for MY autograph!

Dagr

"They don't hunt you in hell if you wrong another demon?" Dagr repeated, not quite understanding what Rinku was saying. At the moment, the waiter brought over the group's food. The Princess grinned, taking a long drink from her draught of mead as she watched the final matches end. A little disappointing, she had been rooting for the red headed kiddo and the sand kiddo. She looked back to Rinku.
"So you're telling me, that if you mess with another demon in hell, that demon isn't going to chase after you to get revenge?" Dagr asked. She looked to Rinku doubtfully. "Doesn't sounds like the demons I've heard of."

Then, the next matchups were announced. Dagr would be going against Blue. Another small disappointment. Blue was a sweet little kid, it was a shame he would be knocked out of the tournament so early. But that also meant... Rinku would be going against Beam.
"Well, isn't that something?" Dagr asked Rinku with a grin. She offered to clink drinks with the demon child. "Cheers. Let's hope our opponents put up exciting fights!"

Dagr downed the rest of her mead, slamming the mug onto the table. She took the meat out of her massive burger, offering it to Beam.
"Shark man! Do me a favor, and completely eat up Ice Rink here, okay?!" Dagr said to Beam. With that, the Princess head over to the table the Inkling was sitting at. As she passed through the resturaunt, she tried to remember what she had seen of Blue during the fight. A bunch of paint weapons... and didn't he transform into a squid and dive into the paint he shot too?

Blue was sitting at a table with two others. The fairy boy with feathered wings, and now a large, jovial warrior of a man. He too was drinking mead, and Dagr took note of the two very cool axes at his side. Quite literally. While they were a little small for Dagr's taste, they were quite clearly magical.
"Hey, isn't this quite a party?" Dagr asked. She leaned on the chair, looking to the trio with a grin. "Who're your friends, squiddo?

Nótt

"I can't run like that anymore, but I've been going through therapy. I bet I'll start running like I used to soon enough."

An interesting thing to take note of. Nótt filed that detail away in her mind for later use. Their food arrived, and with it the announcement of the rules of the next round. A round where they would be battling against their previous partners. A rule that Ryuji hadn't seemed to notice yet, too absorbed in his meal. Nótt smiled. Well, perhaps she shouldn't bring him down just yet.

"You'll choke on your food if you keep eating like that." Nótt said to Ryuji. "Perhaps you should slow down."
The princess raised her glass of mead.
"What should we drink to?"

Jeice

It was time for the next round, and Jeice knew who he was up against. MODOK. The red skinned mutant alien gripped his fist, grinning. Finally. He'd put that freak in its place. Whatever happened with King Minos, well, that was obviously a fluke. This MODOK had a way lower power level, and obvious relied on weaponized technology for his might. As if the power of technology could ever even hold a candle to the power of ki. Of course, the creature flew over to taunt him. Jeice simply looked over his shoulder and grinned.

Jeice flew over to the gate, easily keeping up with MODOK. He landed before the gate, taking a moment to crack his knuckles and his neck.
"You're dead meat, mate." Jeice said to MODOK. He entered into the arena. The same white room. The same voice, asking for the location of the battle. Jeice didn't have much of a preference. He was sure anywhere he picked, he could wipe the floor with this guy.
"Zerodia-5." Jeice said. The Ginyu Force had just been there, it had been the first place to come to his mind.

Weevil Underwood

So, he would finally be dueling Raptor. Weevil chuckled. This wouldn't be a problem at all. It would be just like Regionals. He crushed Raptor then, how hard could it be to crush him now? Hearing Troy and Allison laughing, Weevil glanced back and watched them walk away.
"Hm... Two against one. I'm sure you'll do fine, but it still doesn't seem quite fair, does it?" Weevil said to Audrey. The bug duelist snapped his fingers. "Oh! I know! Why don't you use one of my monsters to help even the odds?"

Weevil looked around in his pockets, finding another Parasite Paracide card and handing it to Audrey. "Here, this one should help you out! Not that you'll need it, being a big hero of course."

Ryou Bakura

And now he was here. Bakura blinked, looking around the plaza. How had he... gotten here?

The teenager rubbed his chin, trying to think back. As he did, he noticed the item on his arm. A strange gauntlet, holding his Duel Monster deck. It certainly looked like a Duel Monster field. A Duel Disk. But how did he know that? The last thing he remembered... He was at his apartment, watching television after a day at school. Then, the news had come on. An announcement, that the head of Industrial Illusions Maximillian Pegasus was holding a Duel Monsters tournament on a private island. And then... nothing.

No, that wasn't quite right. Then, he had been on a boat. But a boat going where? It hadn't been here, he was sure of that. Then he was in the stands here, watching the battles. Seeing the duelists Rex Raptor and Weevil Underwood going up against a strange green creature and a battle priestess of some sort. And now, he was here in the plaza itself. He was a competitor? These blanks in his memories were getting worse and worse...

Suddenly, a young woman appeared from nowhere close by.
"Ah!" Bakura said, stepping back in surprise. It was the battle priestess.
"Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't see you there." Bakura said to Kirin.

Last edited:

Rinku

"Eh. If your a small fish maybe. But be a big enough fish and they'll look the other way if you steal their stuff. They are too afraid to stand up to a power player. They accept it as the law of the land. The strong take from the weak, that's how demon society works."

Then the announcement was made. A swap of a duel. Friends now foes. Somehow, this made Rinku excited. Taking a glance at his shark themed friend, he knew in combat he was full of energy and vigor. It wouldn't be a boring matchup that's for sure.

"Why not, cheers, you crazy witch."

Clinking drinking with her, he slopped down the drink and began worfing down his food before Dagr encouraged Beam to 'eat him up'. Scowling at first, Rinku just couldn't take it seriously, beginning to grin from ear to ear. He couldn't stay mad at her, she was far too entertaining for a grudge.

"Haha, ain't that one a spitfire." The demon child licked some sugar off their thumb. "If you are gonna eat me up, you might find yourself biting off more than your mouth can chew."

Standing up from the table, he cracked his neck, turning his head halfway to the shark demon.

"C'mon, big guy. Let's see what rank of demon you really are."

Last edited:

DevVoid

Mr. Miracle
Watching his ally tango with their own opponent from afar, Hagen had already taken out a bucket of popcorn and a double gulp cup filled with his own branded wine, something he really only had made for himself, family and close friends (though apparently management thinks its a good idea to establish it as a public product), sipping from the oversized cup and not even eating the corn, but just straight up blindly grabbing a handful and throwing it towards his own face, completely disregarding how many would end up just hitting him/flying behind him as opposed to landing in his mouth.

Making comical gestures like a cartoon character as the fight went on, Miracle just about spilled the bucket of popcorn all about, practically making a minefield of sweet, honey-soaked popcorn, though his own cup of soda he held on to as if his life depended on not spilling one single drop. Then, when the battle concluded, his drink run dry and all his props vanishing as all participants were transported back to the lobby, it was him who was sat by the sand-hurling Grazie whom he had fought against.

With one swift movement, Terry sat up from the non-existent chair that had faded as they were brought back and held out one hand for the southern-sounding woman to grasp so he could give her the support to get her back on her feet. Of course, he did not do so without needlessly flipping his hand, flopping it like a game character's corpse being launched several feet into the air with a starfish spin and rapid rotations before just snapping his fingers and hand into place.

" Good fight there, mate! Bloody good show all around! Come on then, on your feet! "

Shaymin
Having left behind his former teammate, Shaymin found himself back in the lobby as soon as he flew through the large gateway. Now, while he did feel all patched up again, he didn't quite feel like going right back into the fray just yet. In fact, he felt rather hungry at the moment! On his way through the lobby, the Gratitude Pokémon sailed through the air like a paper airplane, occasionally doing a few twists, turns and loops before stopping short on the counter of the local restaurant entitled 'Regular Restaurant'.. odd, but an interesting name nonetheless! With a loud, almost squeaky voice befitting of a Shaymin, he both announced his presence in Pokémon speak.

" Shay, Shaymin! Min min, Shaymin! "

" Hello, everyone! I'd like a big apple, please! "

Dracula
The Dark Prince was midway to the part of the plaza where one was to acquire different kinds of goods, when he had already found that quite the amount of creatures were already gathered there. Now, this is not to say that he wasn't a people person - which he wasn't, at least when it came to humans - but most of the attention was based in the establishment selling edible goods, which he found no interest in while all the other areas appeared empty. While yes, he could technically consume foods, he hadn't a need to do so for a looong time. Besides that, while he could get a glass of blood from there, why would he do so when he could just acquire one himself?

And that is exactly what the vampire did, as his arms vanished into his cloak upon making his way back to the main area of the lobby before one arm promptly shot back out again, holding an ornate, engraved wine glass filled with a viscious red liquid - blood. Specifically, it was that of humans, the one fluid that kept his powers strong as, without it, he'd be much weakened. Fortunately for him, that was about the end of the effects of blood withdrawal as, unlike some vampires, he would not simply decay and die for witholding the consumption of the very liquid that fueled him.

His gaze now fell on his former ally, the Nerevarine, who appeared to be concerned for him, as was evident by the question that had been directed toward him. Now, even despite being slain, Dracula simply stood - or rather floated by, looking into his wine glass and swirling the fluid within it around before lookin back at Irnane, pondering something for but a moment and forming his answer before finally presenting it to her.

" Of course. I've been felled quite a few times in my history, it is nothing new to me. "

Dracula paused for Irnane to think about his words, as he figured she probably would while he himself raised the glass to his lips and took a sip before continuing.

" Now, I suppose we have to face one another to witness who will advance in this tourney? Quite the predicament, I'll say. "

comic

IRNANE

There was evermore to Dracula than initially established. She found him incredibly fascinating. His existence went beyond simply vampirism - he was reincarnate, in a vein similar to Daedric champions. Irnane found herself recognizing similarities to those who suffered under the thumb of Molag Bal, one of the most vile of the Daedric Princes. Mehrunes Dagon, the one currently invading Tamriel, wasn't much better. However, Dracula didn't strike the dark elf as someone commanded by a higher power.

Then he moved their topic of conversation to their impending conflict. The Nerevarine's lips pursed for a moment, before she folded her arms. "Predicament indeed; though it was not unexpected. After all, only one can champion this tournament." She gave a momentary pause, scarlet eyes defocusing for a moment, before her head tilted a degree to the side. "Your immortality evidently extends beyond age. You've been killed before. Forgive my curiosity, but may I ask why?"

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Kirin
With the next round of matches officially beginning, the Battle Priestess watched as her now-foe Nephthys headed through the gateway. Rex had been talking to her, and she knew from experience just how annoying he was to put up with. So before the dino duelist could chat her up next, Kirin turned away, ready to join the Pokémon---

"Oh! I'm sorry, didn't see you there,"

A boy with white hair and a striped shirt was now standing right in front of her. Odd, she was pretty sure that guy wasn't part of the competitors. Her eyes drifted up to the bracket for a moment, revealing that two people were subbing in for fighters that had left the tournament, and this "Bakura" was to fight that rock beetle that Cayman had brawled earlier.

"Oh it's alright, I kinda did just pop up here after all." She replied with an awkward smile. Now that she thought about it, this guy's overall style seemed kinda similar to that of Rex and Weevil. Could they be from the same dimension?

"I'm Kirin, by the way. Looks like you're supposed to fight that big ol' rock beetle, huh? He was able to beat my buddy Cayman, so you might be in for a tough battle."​

Cayman
"Yo, ready to rumble, big guy?"

The Iron Delinquent whipped around in an instant, holding in his hands... a slab of grilled meat? He was nearly done with it, though where he'd gotten it from was a complete mystery. He quickly chomped the rest of it down before wiping his hands clean and giving Chai a thumbs up.

"I'm always ready for a Duel! I saw some of the things you did in our last fight, so I can't wait to see you in action again! Come on, let's get on with it!"

With that, he sprinted into the nearby gateway, a wide grin plastered on his face.​

Pit
"Well, I'm glad you already find me interesting - oh sweet, food's here!"

Pit was quick to grab his burger and stuff half of the thing into his mouth, biting it clean off. He quickly swallowed it with the help of some Regular Soda, his appetite partially sated. At Fjorrd's request to hear him sing, the angel nodded intently, swiftly grabbing the rest of his burger and swallowing it whole. The Unending Monotony Burger was gone in under ten seconds, and what remained of the soda soon joined it.

"Yeah, totally! Let's hear that song!"​

Grazie
Miracle was... offering her a hand? This guy sure showed some good sportsmanship...

"Gotta say," Grazie spoke, grasping Miracle's hand and allowing him to pull her to her feet. "ya got some right powerful magic flowin' through ya. Some of the hardest fightin' I've done in a while, I tell ya what."

Magolor approached as well, offering a handshake- and while she was apprehensive for a moment, she didn't really hold any ill will towards anyone. Going all out just got her worked up, was all. She took the traveler's hand, pulling it back to reveal a small coupon had been slipped into her hand.

Eh, maybe she could get some use out of it eventually.

Master Hand soon returned for the beginning of the next round, revealing everyone was to fight their former allies now. So that meant...

"Well, Axey, looks like it's you against me now," she remarked, turning towards the boy. "Think ya can handle my Septima's full power?"​

Chai

Cayman rushed into the rift, leaving the guitarist behind in the plaza. Looks like he was excited to get it started already. Flipping a stray hair back in place with a breath, Chai looked at the swirling gate.

"Alright Peppermint...any last minute tips?"

"Yeah. How about don't blow this one?"

"Had a feeling you'd same something like that." Chai shrugged off. "Alright...he's just a big guy with big muscles. Nothing to worry about. Yeah, let's do this thing!"

Jumping into the rift, he was met with the similar area as before, along with the floating A.I. above them with two red lights on either corner of it.

"Lemme guess, pick our map? Way ahead of you. I think the production yard is what I'm feelin' right now."

comic

FJORRD

The nord reared his head back with a quick bout of infectious laughter that made dust fall from the ceiling, and the windows shake violently, though their volume seemed supernatural, as it wasn't painful on the ears. Swinging a leg over his seat, Fjorrd returned to his feet, wobbling for a moment (further evidence of his prior intoxication) before he swiped a much larger glass of mead, his cheeks rosy red as he grinned around at them. Tilting back, the dragonborn brought the mead to his lips. For a solid five seconds, a "gulp gulp gulp" could be heard, before he threw the empty glass to the ground, his unfocused eyes full of mirth.

"A song, young man," he bellowed. "For you, I give!"

He tugged a small, fist-sized satchel from his waist, sticking his arm in, up to his elbow, the bag magically bottomless. He rummaged in the satchel for a few moments, nearly toppling over from drunkenness, before he yanked out a large lute, strumming his fingers over the strings to let a simple chord ring out. "This is one of the first songs I learned at the Bard's College," the nord announced, before he cleared his throat - and began to play the lute, fingers quickly running over the strings, a surprisingly well-put tune despite Fjorrd's intoxicated state.
(You're unbased if you don't play this;)

(The notes are in-line with the lyrics)

"Ohhhh," Fjorrd drew out his first syllable, "There once was a hero named Ragnar the Red, who came riding to Whiterun from ol' Rorikstead!"

Despite his wavering stature, appearing ready to keel over at any moment, Fjorrd managed to leap atop the bar, knocking over a few empty glasses as he did so. "And the braggart did swagger and brandish his blade, as he told of bold battles and gold he had made!"

He leaned over, grinning warmly down at Pit and Inkling as he began to bounce from foot to foot, beginning to get faster with his lute and his breath. "Buuuut then he went quiet, did Ragnar the Red, when he met the shieldmaiden Matilda who saiiiiiid..."

Fjorrd paused, letting the lost note on his lute rung for a moment, silence befalling the restaurant, before Fjorrd continued to play again, more quickly than before. "Oh, you talk and you lie and you drink all our mead, now I think it's high time that you lie down and bleed! And so then came clashing and slashing of steel, as the brave lass Matilda charged in full of zeal! And the braggart named Ragnar was boastful no mooooore!"

Again, the nord left the note on a temporary cliffhanger, another silence befalling the room.

"When his ugly red head rolled around on the floor!! HA HA!" Fjorrd's echoing laughter shook the room again as he raised both of his arms at either side of him, his beard dripping with mead, before he blinked, and slowly fell backward.

BOOM!

For the third time, the restaurant was shaken, but this time not by the nord's vocals, and instead his weight as he slammed onto the ground behind the bar on his back. Except he felt none of it.

His eyes were shut, and a loud snore came from Fjorrd the Crusher.

His drunkenness had won, for the moment, and he happened to miss Master Hand's announcement, and the initiation of the second round.

Ryou Bakura

Bakura followed where Kirin was looking, seeing the bracket as well. So he was a competitor here now, and up against that rock beetle creature. A creature that could manipulate earth, and looked like it came straight out of Weevil Underwood's deck. The one that had been throwing massive boulders the size of minivans. Kragg. Bakura cringed slightly.
"So it would seem.. He's a bit of a heavyweight, isn't he?" Bakura said, giving Kirin a nervous smile. Looking around, he could see Kragg nearby. Instinctively, Bakura quickly looked away. The guy was massive! What was he doing?! The teen tried to distract himself from this upcoming 'match', looking back to Kirin. He wasn't sure how he got here, or why he got here, but he must have had a reason. He just had to try and remember..

"Ah, you're one of the fighters that went against Rex Raptor and Weevil Underwood, aren't you?" Bakura asked. "I saw your duel. Both you and your teammate were incredible!"

As he spoke, the teen became more relaxed.
"I'm Bakura. It's good to meet you." He said. "It looks like you are going to be up against your previous teammate. Neph, right? How are you feeling about that?"

comic

M.O.D.O.K.

"THE FALSEHOOD OF YOUR CLAIM IS TRANSPARENT," the Man-Mind grinned back at Jeice, lips peeled back to show his massive, flat teeth, the dark smile taking up half of his giant face, his fingers dancing over his control pad as he input an unknown command, though a light hum came from his Doomsday Chair. "I AM A MECHANIZED ORGANISM DESIGNED ONLY FOR KILLING! YOU CANNOT HALT MY FUNCTION, DESPITE THE FACT YOU WILL STRUGGLE AND TRY. COMPUTER, INITIALIZE MY SELECTION: ADVANCED IDEA MECHANICS HEAD RESEARCH FACILITY - MY LABORATORY."

It was the same choice as before, and the white void took shape around the pair: for the most part, the lab was fairly intact when compared to its segmented status in the prior arena. Massive walls of computers sat about, lights flashing over their surfaces, winking and beeping. Power cables and cryotubes slunk around the floors and walls, and a great many deal of doors led to various parts of the facility. The two were simply within the main portion.

Yet in regards to Jeice's selection, the laboratory found itself in a state of mid-destruction and disrepair, walls hanging open and agape, appearing blasted apart by powerful energies, revealing other rooms, or in the case of a large portion of the ceiling, it had revealed the surrounding city, made of some generic, forgettable alien race that neither Jeice nor M.O.D.O.K. gave a single thought or care toward. The laboratory and its design bled into the destroyed city, slinking along its streets, almost forming a semi-underground network.

Before the arena had even fully rendered into this reality, however, the Man-Mind was quick to open the battle with his first attack in an attempt to get an upperhand early on, his wide grin splitting open as he cackled loudly. His prior finger-tapping on his command console had revealed its purpose, as he'd been charging up the Laser Cannons, when the quad barrels began to rapidly spin, immediately spitting out an array of rapid and erratic red blasts in a near-uncoordinated manner, spastically spewing for the benefit of unpredictability, and to account for Jeice's speed: it was harder to dodge something when its spread was so wide, or so the A.I.M. leader hoped.

To top off the quick kicking-off point to his attack, M.O.D.O.K. was sure to accompany his lasers with a stream of rockets that barreled from the top of his Doomsday Chair, spiraling out toward Jeice. Of course, these ones lacked any homing technology, leaving their design and philosophy simple, launched solely to add one extra layer of complexity and firepower to the Man-Mind's opener.

DevVoid

Dracula
The Vampire Lord raised a brow slightly at this next question this drow. Had she really not quite figured it out yet why this enormous, walking tank of an undead would not be experienced with being killed? Well, to be fair, it wasn't exactly like she knew of him - or his world - before any of this, so with this in mind, Dracula lowered his eyebrow, furrowed his brow for but a moment and begun explaining.

" I suspected you had already drawn your conclusions, so I shall give you the short end of it: I am the force that drives against humanity's survival. Their existence, and their deity have plagued my life for too long. I WAS the Chosen, once upon a time. I WAS God's emissary. And yet, I had been subjected to such hatred.. "

The Dark Prince paused once again, pondering about his past. Truly, to be betrayed so fatally by one who had chosen him to represent his will.. it was a cruel twist of fate not a soul could have ever expected.

" This goes not to say that I completely distrust humans - I myself had two I once called friends a long time ago.. but, when I gaze upon the vast majority, when I witness their cruelty with my very eyes, I desire.. Vengeance. Bloodshed. I desire to rip them apart and massacre them like livestock! It is like I am possessed; I lose my sense of self, I become corrupted. Even my own son, my flesh and blood whom I'm supposed to hold dear, had to put me out of my misery.. "

Dracula went silent, looking at the blood in his wine glass with a gloomy gaze, lightly swirling around with the barest of movements of his wrist before taking a sip and continuing.

" So were my original intentions. Now, however.. to be truthful, I no longer feel who I once was. The Curse has taken its toll, and I have shed my former identity. Now, I am nothing more than an eternal nightmare of humanity, whose bloodlust razes towns and extincts all lifeforms who dare oppose me.. at times, I have even desired nothing more than to just remain dead, so that my fate may finally be rid of this accursed cycle of resurrection. Unfortunately, so far.. all attempts have failed. And if I cannot remain dead, I would at least like to be given this mercy of seeing my beloved once more, even if for but a moment.. "

Mr. Miracle
Miracle threw his arm up as he let go of Grazie's grasp, looping it around and briefly holding it behind his cape before pulling it up again, holding two very specific cards in his hand. Two Joker cards from his own brand of playing/magic trick cards, where he was displayed in a comic-like artstyle, one hand tippin down his top hat by the brim and the other held onto his magic wand like a cane, whose bottom part was cut off on the lower side of the golden frame lining the card's edges. The card itself was black, the 'J' was painted in dark lavender-like purple, while his own signature was written in red in the bottom right corner, giving the card an overall fancy, yet mystical flair, much befitting to the Mister himself.

" Before you two go, here's a little something from me to you! A little memoir, in case we don't see one another again! "

Last edited:

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Mudkip
"When we face each other, you do not have to consider it a battle. Instead...why not consider it a training opportunity?"

The mud fish sat down and tilted his head. Training? That sounded like fun. A lot more fun than fighting a speedy human like he did last round. The simple Mudkip had almost forgotten why he came to this thing in the first place, the greasy gift bag right in front of him his only reminder. Yet, the Pokémon wanted to spend some more time with his friend before anything, and if it was combat training, he would be better prepared for the future as a bonus! Mudkip nodded.

"Mudkip!" [Sure thing!]

Beam
Beam had been uncharacteristically quiet for the past few minutes, hypnotized by his own thoughts. The motion of Rinku did catch his attention, however, and the challenge caused a grin to spread across his face. Reinvigorated, the devil cheered, raising a fist and jumping out of the ground. He didn't get very far- courtesy of the underside of the table he smacked into full-force. Beam rubbed his head, but it wasn't long before his smile had returned.

"RACE YOU!"

The shark fiend yelled before swimming for the portal with the all the speed of a mako shark!

Regular Resturant Cashier
The cashier was playing some sort of video game on the touchscreen of his electronic register as a misthios entered the joint. He got more intense with his game as Kassandra approached, yet looked up to receive her announcement before she could make it.

"You, trader, I have a question."

"A question? Hit me."

Just then, Shaymin burst through the doors, and ordered an apple. However, already busy with one customer, the cashier shot him a look and waved for him to get in line.

Last edited:

comic

KASSANDRA

This trader was engaged in some sort of activity with a screen, seemingly engrossed in it for the most part. She didn't comprehend the fascination, but he addressed her request anyway. She was on the verge of taking his reply quite literally, and making to strike him with a fist, wondering why the hell she needed to hit him, before the misthios realized it was probably an expression of some kind. Maybe she was meant to "hit him" with her question.

"The stands, the audience," the Keeper gestured outside. "Is it possible for me to visit it? There's someone up there that I need to speak with."