• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Bootleg Brothers 6

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ryuji
"Yeah yeah. " Ryuji sighed, face down on the table. "Laugh it up."
Nott was at least proper enough to leave it with a " Told you so.", sparing Ryuji from anything worse as she ate her meal. Ryuji faced back up, grinning as she seemed to enjoy the food too.
She said something weird though.
"I'm afraid that toast was for nothing, my friend."
"Why's that?" Ryuji asked. Nott turned his attention to the match-up board, and it took a few seconds to process fully.
"For real?! Awww man...so much for Team Ryott." Ryuji slumped, just about to face-plant back onto the table, absentmindedly nodding along with Nott's condolences.
"Yeah...wait-" Suddenly, the light returned to his eyes and he realized what she said. "Me lose?"
Ryuji pointed at his own slack-jawed expression, before grinning as his competitive spirit began to take hold. Even if he was fighting a friend, this was sure to be fun. But he wasn't going to take that lying down.
"How much you wanna bet?"

Magolor
The mage tap-tapped his head, as if deep in thought, only sparing Miracle a glance without much reaction to the yoga pose he was doing. He sudden stopped, coming to a decision.
"Hold on, gimme a sec." he replied to Miracle, oddly serious.
Taking to the skies once more, Magolor pulled out a blank paper out of a star portal, slapping it onto the horrid "a" they mistakenly shoved into his name and scrawled an "o" in its place.
"There." he huffed, sticking it in place with tape and floating back to Miracle, muttering under his breath.
"If this is how they run things, maybe someone else should take the reins."
With this task done, he clasped his hands together as he spoke to Miracle.
"You're absolutely right, dear friend!" he replied, turning back into "Friendly Magolor".
"Hee Hee! I'll make this a show you'll never forget!"

Lucario
The fighting steel type's eyes swept the area, studying it carefully before he nodded in satisfaction. It was almost indistinguishable from the actual Route 213. His sights landed on mudkip, who was already showing excitement towards the lesson.
"Little Mudkip, we shall engage in a duel to test and improve your combat skills." Lucario explained.
"First, I would like to see your own strategy. Feel free to engage in whatever offense you want."
Lucario entered a fighting stance, spreading his legs and raising his arms. He beckoned the mudkip with one.
"Whenever you're ready."

Dagr

"Three?! Whoa!" Dagr said. "So all I have to do is give a good show, and I could be invited back?"
The princess rubbed her chin thoughtfully. She was already down in the loser's bracket. If she wanted to stand out, she might have to start taking these fights much more seriously. Of course, still maintaining her style and having fun with it.

Then Pit spoke up again, randomly talking about Master Hand and 'smashing bros'. She tilted her head, looking to Pit in confusion.
"What?" Dagr asked. "What are you talking about, little dude?"

Nótt

Ryuji managed to catch her insinuation, which was good. It was more fun when her opponents actually wanted to fight. Even if they were unaware how she would absolutely crush them. Nótt rested her head in her hand, her smile growing as Ryuji started to get fired up. Adorable.

"Oh?" Nótt asked, perking up slightly at Ryuji's last comment. "Are you proposing a wager, Ryuji?"

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ryuji
"Yeah! That!" Ryuji agreed, standing up and sending his seat screeching backwards.
"If-When!" he corrected himself, before trailing off. "I win...uh..."
Now she was in for it! But Ryuji hadn't really thought this through. He racked his brain for an of what to bet, but he couldn't think of anything...oh!
"You'll have to do anything I say!" he finished rather loudly, pointing at Nott.
Good, that was vague enough to let him think of something later.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Rex Raptor

"Why, don't you look at that? Gross moth to rubble! Who's up next for the roast? Nyeh heh heh!!"

That's when Weevil pulled a fast one, bringing our Parasite Parricide from his deck, the disgusting insect took the files with tendrils gnashing lashing at everything around it. As a result, Trakadon and Red Eyes started to warp. Trakadon fell to the ground, succumbing to both parasites attached to it, seeming to grow root like appendages that tied it to the ground. Red Eyes had not, veinly looking addons to himself that pumped a grotesque green fluid throughout it's body while it's black shell began to shimmer in hur like the carapace of a beetle.

They were insects now! Though with the insect power bonus, Red Eyes shot up to 5,600 Attack power, going up by 800! Rex hardly contained a barf sound.

"Uwaaaah! You're gonna ruin their prehistoric looks! How did that bug even get in there?!" Rex grimaced. "...No matter, can't you see you've only made Red Eyes stronger?! Outside grossing me out, you got nothing on me! Give up and now and I'll make your stomping as painful as I can!"

Last edited:

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Cayman
"Ngh!"

The claws kept slicing and dicing, tearing into his armor (and body) bit by bit, Cayman slowly growing accustomed to their pattern. Soon enough, he was able to counter them more reliably, ducking and weaving between swipes before striking back with powerful punches. Unfortunately for him, Chai didn't just sit idly and watch, instead performing another special attack, slashing with his guitar and forming a series of blue lines before---

BOOM!

The powerful sonic blast rang out, sending Cayman flying backwards, the front of his armor shattering to reveal his massive muscles underneath. The man grunted as he came to a stop a long distance from Chai, whole body aching, but that only made his grin grow bigger. His fighting spirit was surging. His body was on fire.

This was exactly why he entered this tournament.

The Adept stood up, blood running down his arms and torso, his smile almost maniacal. "That attack was incredible, Chai! Never seen anything like that before! "

A familiar crimson aura spread outwards once more, enacting another powerful pull on Chai, its strength even higher due to the increased distance between them. Cayman turned to grab a nearby forklift, lifting it over his head before throwing it at Chai, who would be forcibly yanked closer to the Duelist!​

Pit
"Oh, right, sorry about that. I'm actually also talking with Lady Palutena. Y'know, the Goddess of Light I mentioned just now?" Pit explained, slightly embarrassed. He always forgot most couldn't hear Palutena like he did. Minos being able to earlier certainly didn't help things...
"She can, uh, hear everything we're saying. Hope you don't mind, hehe."

Grazie
Axe proved crafty as usual, blowing a hole through the sand wall and jumping through it to avoid her attack.

"And ya ain't seen nothin' yet!" Grazie replied, twirling around in tandem with Axe's movements, spinning her sand-coated staff before using it to block the shield bash, causing her to stumble backwards. Some sand fell to the ground, shifting around before settling underneath their feet.

Should Axe go for another attack right away, a sand pillar would shoot up to send Grazie into the air to avoid it, giving her time to enact a proper counterattack. If he held off for a bit though, Axe would be the one getting launched up instead, where Grazie would launch a myriad of spiky sand balls at the boy, who would hopefully be more vulnerable in the air!

Nótt

That certainly was a dramatic and loud outburst. Nótt merely smiled at Ryuji, taking another drink of her mead. Were people looking at them now? Perhaps. The Princess did not even bother looking around.
"Inside voices, my friend." Nótt said. She leaned closer to Ryuji, and once again looked him up and down. Despite this gamble having a capacity to end badly for her, it was clear the teen did not have bad intentions. Or at least, it appeared so at this moment. This could be fun.

"That is a very high wager, Ryuji. Because if that is you get if you win, if I win, that means you must do whatever I say." Nótt said, still speaking in her calm and quiet voice. Her smile grew to a confident grin. "I accept this wager. But are you sure that you want to do this?"

Weevil Underwood

Weevil clapped his hands on his face, staring at Rex's massive Red-Eyes Black Dragonfly in mock horror.
"Oh no! What have I done! Your monster is sooo strong now!" Weevil said. "And my monsters are so much weaker! Whatever will I do?!"
The bug duelist leaned forward, scanning Rex's field with an exaggerated arm movement.
"Ah! What's that, right there?" Weevil said, pointing to the Parasite Paracide.

"The Parasite Paracide I summoned to your side of the field! In attack position!" Weevil said. The small insect monster writhed angrily, and the field power bonus increased its attack to 650.
"It's what's powering up your monsters! Gee, I better destroy it!" Weevil said. His wicked grin returned. "Oh, that's right. How many Life Points do you have left, Raptor? 1000? And my Flying Kamakiri #2 has 1950 attack points right now, doesn't it?"

Weevil gestured towards the Parasite.
"Go, Flying Kamakiri #2! Attack that Parasite Paracide, and defeat Raptor!" Weevil commanded. The massive grasshopper insect's wings revved up, and it darted towards the parasite with extreme speed! It slashed down towards the parasite with its scythe-like claws!

Dagr

"Whoa, she can hear me right now?" Dagr asked. "Huh. That's pretty neat. Being the personal retainer for a goddess has its perks, doesn't it?"
The princess grinned, and looked around the restaurant.
"Hey, Lady Palutena! Enjoying watching the tournament? Rooting for anyone else besides Pitter-pat here?"

Dagr paused, thinking for a moment. Pit said Palutena was the goddess of light, didn't he? The Princess tried to recall what she had been taught about the different realms and their dieties.
"Hm. That reminds me. In the world I'm from, there's this one realm called Vanaheimr. The realm of light. Is that where you're from, or is it called something else?" Dagr asked Pit.

Chai

Chai pumped a fist in the air, sticking out his tongue like a famous band as Cayman was sent reeling. This celebration was short lived as the hue changed red, the the music becoming louder and the base gaining more reverb. It suddenly felt as is if this boss fight was now transitioning to the final stages. 808 peeked out from underneath Chai's scarf, their eyes changing blue to mark Peppermint's control.

"He's going berserk, he'll finish you here if you aren't careful."

"Careful? Don't know 'em."

♫♩ Chain breaker. ♩♪

Bang!

Chai struck the wire mesh ground forcefully with his guitar, causing it to get stuck it. As the force began to pull him more and more towards the mountain of a man...

♫♩ Earth Shaker. ♩♪

Snap!

Chai started to get pulled towards Cayman, the guitar ripping through the wire mesh on the ground, slowing is pull rate. All the while, scrap started to accumulate on his guitar from all the broken mesh parts.

♫♩ Rain Maker. ♩♪

At this point, Cayman began to raise a heavy Forklift over his head, preparing to throw it at the wannabe rockstar. Chai's eyes bugged out upon seeing what he planned.

"Woah! Dude! Are you even forklift certified?!"

♫♩ Chain breaker. ♩♪

Chuck!

Away it was thrust. The forklift flew through the air, headed right at him! Chai raise a hand over his head as he raised his guitar out of the ground a bit, the main frame now out. This made less traction on the ground, allowing him to speed forward faster. The Forklift sailed over him, except the rear right tire-

♫♩ Earth Shaker. ♩♪

Pow!

It slid across his face, leaving a nasty tire mark across it as he was forced to the ground, holding onto his guy at like a sword in the stone. Gripping tightly to it and shoving it further down into the platform to slow his pull.

♫♩ Rain Maker. ♩♪

"You got a tough act for me to follow." Chai admitted. "So how are you at handling heavy metal?!"

Pulling the blade out of the ground like a massive claymore, the blade has been revealed to be...ginormous. Even for Cahi standards. It was piled on with rotating and towering metal and scrap, rising to a colossal fifteen feet all! He'd never be able to lift it, even with his robot hand. But he didn't need to. The magnetic pull was gonna bring the weighted object to point toward Cayman right as it dislodged-

SHINK!

The titanic scrap blade flew forward, Chai in tow, the claymore threatening to act as a giant sized hole puncher on Cayman! Right as the music grew even louder as the final chorus was about to drop.

Rex Raptor

"What? This little flea? What problem is he gonna be-"

That's when his confidence vanished in a flash. Weevil just spelled it right out. Instead of attacking head on...he propped up a target for himself to strike, going around every single defense he had!

"This...this can't be real."

"Kreeeeee!!!"

Flying Kamikiri #2 hopped over and cleaved the Parasitic lifeform in half, and along with it, the rest of Rex's life points. As it dropped to zero, his duel disk ceased functioning, Trakadon and the great Red Eyes Black Dragon fading as a result. Rex fell to his knees as he saw his great dragon felled without even as much as an attack against it.

"No. No! No! No!!! Not to Weevil...!"

Loser: Rex Raptor
Winner: ...Weevil Underwood!

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d

NEPTHYS

Kirin's lack of ability regarding range was emphasized when she was forced to flee the psychic blasts tailing her, scorching the ground along the way. The talismen tossed behind didn't not escape the attentive gardevoir, whose hand swiped through the air, forcing the talismans to collide into one another, crushing them together and away, eliminating the projectiles as her crimson eyes darted below her, not failing to notice the trajectory of the others.

As Kirin continued to move away, Neph's gaze darted over the layout of the land. Mystical Fire could set off this powder keg early, but right now wouldn't be a good time. She needed an opportune moment to enact this. Flowing magma made glowing rivers all throughout the factory that Kirin had summoned, breaking up its layout like fractures. The gardevoir used her telekinesis to toss a wad of lava upon the ground below her in an attempt to snuff out the talismen Kirin had thrown down, before Neph hovered back down to the surface, sensing through the arena to keep an idea of Kirin's location.

DART

He grit his teeth together, now recognizing just exactly what the Warlock was: a villain. Through all of Dart's travels, every hero he met had a villain to accompany them. Someone who did evil in contrast to the good they sought to snuff out. Every time, Dart had seen redemption in these people. Sometimes they were doing the wrong things for the right reason, and didn't see the truth until the end. Sometimes, they were under the control of something darker, forcing them to act in a way they would not otherwise. Sometimes... very few times... they truly were evil. Irredeemable, where the solution was to kill them.

Dart didn't expect to encounter people like this here - it was meant to be a friendly tournament, wasn't it? He'd been ignoring the signs, perhaps in intentional ignorance, but the Red Warrior couldn't excuse the obvious villainy of the Warlock any longer. And if there was one thing the mercenary was good at it.

It was cutting down villains.

The psionic beam was fired by a confident and triumphant Warlock, but Dart raised Mind Crusher, and the beam slugged into the blade. It split in two directions, refracted from the razor's edge. Two smaller beams blasted on either side of Dart, blasting into the building behind him and kicking up dust. The sounds of more undead were growing closer... if only they were a little faster. He could build up his dragoon energy that way.

Kicking from the ground, Dart began to sprint towards the Warlock with a battle cry, bringing back the sword in preparation to engage in a melee, his long strides covering the distance to his foe rapidly.

IRNANE

Dracula recovered rather quickly, quickly leaping back. Enough force certainly could shatter the lightning shield, not without being forced to take damage from it, and even then, it would delay an attack. As Dracula struck back, he did succeed. The shield broke, dispersing a wave of lightning that washed upon his body. It also momentarily halted the momentum of his lunge, a momentum he couldn't recover to close the remaining distance properly. Not without allowing the dark elf her own counter-strategy.

One thing she had observed about Dracula in their fight against Sonic and NiGHTS was so far prevalent here - he relied on overwhelming force, rapid pace, and not allowing his enemy time to breathe. An effective strategy against most. It was one of brute force and extensive pressure. Most would falter. Most would break. The Nerevarine wasn't most, however. Dagoth Ur himself had employed a very similar strategy when she'd fought him. He had attempted to overwhelm her with a combination of magical and physical attacks, hounding her the entire time, fighting in a way that forced her to keep moving, lest she fall prey to his devastating blows.

Thus far, Lord Vlad Dracula was much the same.

In the moment that Dracula broke the lightning shield, a flash of red light came from her palm, sending a pulse of magic to wash over the vampire lord in that slim but opportune moment where he was momentarily halted by the destruction of the shield, and its convergence of energy upon him. The spell in question: Weapon Eater. It would see the very fabric of Dracula's Chaos Claws begin to rapidly deteriorate - an effect that persisted across any further summons, as this spell could affect even astral projections, and untouchable entities, weakening the quality of their equipped weapon, be it a blade or be it a spell, it affected the individual wielding it. Chaos Claws would not be destroyed, no, it would require one or two more of the same spell to render it useless. But the spell made sure Dracula's favored Chaos Claws were suddenly very dull, weakened in power that could not regenerate, even should he get rid of it, and resummon it - as again, the spell affected him, not just the weapon.

To couple this, she had summoned a scroll into her free hand, and as violet flames consumed it, a shield materialized on her forearm, summoned by the magic. With Dracula now allowed to close the distance, Irnane met him head-on, bringing the shield up to bash back against the Chaos Claws, which raked across the shield in their attack, and with the Sword of White Woe, Irnane made to use it as either a stake, ramming it for the wolf form's eyes or mouth, and should he turned his head to clamp his jaws upon her, he would find resistance in the form of her sword turning with him, the hilt crushing his tongue as his bite would see the blade tearing through the roof of his mouth, simultaneously weakening his personal defenses as it did so, degrading the integrity of his very body.

M.O.D.O.K.

This fool should have been flattened! Those were some of the Man-Mind's best moves, rendered nearly useless! Yet, before he could react, Jeice had summoned some form of weapon that congealed around his hand, like a sword of light. Thinking quickly, the jewel upon his forehead lit up, and a psychic beam fired out to collide with the blade. The contact erupted, and M.O.D.O.K. was blasted backward, kicking his arms and legs in a fury as potent psychic energy leaked from his forehead. "NO NO NO! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD! MINOS AND PIT WERE SIMPLE - BY MY CALCULATIONS, YOU WERE THEIR INFERIOR! THIS IS WHY YOU LOST! THIS IS WHY I WILL WIN! AND IT BEGINS WITH YOUR DESTRUCTION!"

As he roared, two constructs emerged from either end of the chair, charging with a powerful energy, before the collectively fired. The Dual Hyper Beams fired their powerful lasers upon Jeice. This was M.O.D.O.K.s most powerful move, having reliably defeated the likes of the Mighty Thor and the Incredible Hulk. Its energy and power were unmatched by anything else the Man-Mind possessed, and the destruction it would wreak on the battlefield would prove catastrophic - not to mention the size of either beam, with a great diameter half of M.O.D.O.K.s size each.

His teeth grit as he grinned with a combination of malice and excitement, eager to see this attack atomize Jeice, more of the purple psychic energy still leaking from the jewel on his forehead - that earlier clash had damaged it, and if it took any more damage, the Man-Mind's true potential would be unleashed, untethered - and uncontrollable by even M.O.D.O.K. himself.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Taskmaster
The opposing fighter elected to muscle through the attack. Flexing his superhuman muscles so they became tough as steel, Masaru deflected most of the incoming damage. His stance widened, and he got that look in his eye that came about when he was recalling a certain style. All this Taskmaster perceived in the time someone would take to blink, and his body was thrown into motion accordingly. He dipped his shoulder, rolling with his previous motion to quickly put his shield between him and his opponent again. If Masaru attempted to grab the shield, he'd find that the edges were razor-sharp, and its owner would twist it to slice open the martial artist's fingers.

The World's Strongest Man's stance was sturdy, and the Taskmaster couldn't allow this sure of footing. So with his sword, he jabbed it towards Masaru's ankle to force him to back off or lose a foot.

Beam
He'd caught the demon off-guard, though didn't do any meaningful damage. As he dove back underground, safe from counterattack, the shark gagged. He'd gotten a droplet of demon blood in his mouth; it tasted worse than the shoes. Beam spat out the mouthful. After fighting Dagr, he'd gotten spoiled on mortal blood, which devils MUCH preferred the taste of compared to the blood of other devils. However, Lord Chainsaw didn't complain when drinking devil blood in combat, and so the shark devilman would tough it out as well.

Clearly his last strategy had worked, but needed a little fine-tuning to deal meaningful damage. So, Beam repeated his attack, but did not reach top speed. He erupted from beneath Rinku once again, creating a bloom of sand. This time, his air time was shorter, giving the speedy demon less time to react to the same attack.

Mudkip
The water type was to make the first move. A look of determination crossed over his face as he assumed a wide stance. There was a bit of distance between the two, so Mudkip chose to fire a simple Water Gun at Lucario to start off.

Kragg
Self-doubt washed over the simple-minded creature. He'd never doubted his ability before, but this evil being was treating this fight as some sort of game. The massive hand behind Bakura reached for Kragg. His heartbeat quickened. It came closer. His breath was caught in his throat. It came closer still. His eyes widened in fear. Then the hand faded away, but the thoughts remained infesting his mind. If the Earth's Bastion was struggling here, he would make a joke of his title in the coming war. He had to obtain victory here, but how? Even as he thought, Bakura had made his move, summoning another invisible monster while strengthening his existing one. The White Hat, though buffed, was still wimpy compared to the awesome might of the legendary Wallrunner, yet his panic and doubt caused him to second-guess the power he possessed. So, he was forced on the defensive, summoning a wave of gravel from the wall below to lock together and meet the Hat's kick.

Kool Kats
Audrey stumbled backwards, and dropped her sword. Perfect. She didn't have any abilities on her own, at least none she used in the last fight. As she lunged at Troy, the narcissist lunged to meet her, but he was blinded by a sudden lash of her scarf! Though he couldn't rely on sight in that moment, he sensed the hero's spiritual essence pass him by, and her goal was clear. He wouldn't let her have that sword back, not that easily. With a snarl, he tore the scarf off his face before he used it against her, tugging on it as hard as he could to yank Audrey back over to him by the neck.

Meanwhile, Allison's upper half became human again. She attempted to pull the sword off of her.

The Guy at the Register
The man pursed his lips and slowly shook his head.

"Nope! You're good! Bye-bye now! Take care!"

Rinku

And the shark dove into the sand, gone again. Rinku halted, his toes skirting to a halt on the tan grains around him. So the shark does shark things again. Alright. Fine. But the shark has never been the apex predator of the ocean!

Rinku decided to embrace it. Feeling the vibrations of the earth getting stronger as they came closer, the forewarning made him ready. As the shark came up, he didn't bother to dodge. Instead, he dove like a panther straight into his open mouth!

POW! PUNCH! WHACK!

He was inside of the shark's mouth, delivering a flurry of blows to his gums, delivering bone cracking strikes with every blow, he was aiming to break apart and bruise his jaw with an onslaught of blows!

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Kirin
Following the destruction of the incoming talismans, Neph seeked to sense Kirin's general position through her psychic abilities. As she searched, she would see Kirin moving upward through the entrance of the facility, likely up a flight of stairs, before she stopped at the second story. She remained in that general area, intents unclear, and after a few moments...

"Dodge this!"

The priestess' voice was barely audible as a series of gray crates and rusty pipes were flung out from a storage room in the second floor, headed toward Neph's general direction. While not very accurate, the sheer number of projectiles could pose a threat to the Gardevoir, aided by another wave of talismans that seeked to tag her. If Neph were to use her sensory abilities carefully, she would detect a peculiar psychic energy emanating from each crate and pipe heading her way...

Cayman
"Bring it on!"

♫♩ Chain breaker ♩♪

Chai was closing in, his now massive weapon facing dead ahead, aiming to shred through Cayman's body. Flames enveloped the man as he stared his foe down, grinning madly.

♫♩ Earth shaker ♩♪
Cayman suddenly leapt upward, his pull technique quickly fading as Chai neared, no doubt throwing a wrench in the rockstar's plans due to having to strike an airborne target with such a heavy weapon, not to mention having to deal with his built up momentum.

♫♩ Rain maker ♩♪

The Adept had learned from his Duel with Kragg: his Septima's effects could easily be used against him, so he wasn't falling for that one again. The heads along the ring connected to his shoulders moved forward once more, forming a massive fist in front of the flaming Cayman.
♫♩ Chain breaker ♩♪

The muscular Duelist shot forward, the bottom of the large fist tearing through the top of Chai's huge scrap weapon, fully intending on breaking it all down to leave his opponent with a far less dangerous weapon.

♫♩ Earth shaker ♩♪

He would then come to a stop just above where Chai would be, raising a fist before suddenly crashing down, unleashing a large explosion upon impact that would send his opponent flying!

♫♩ Rain maker ♩♪

Pit
"Of course I'm enjoying it. And while I'm obviously rooting for you, Pit, I have to admit the likes of NiGHTS and Irnane have caught my interest."

"Rooting for NiGHTS and Irnane too, huh? Must be the flexibility in their movesets..." Pit muttered.
Dagr then commented on the realm of light from her world, Vanaheimr, wondering if Pit resided there in his own world.

"The heavens of my world are called Skyworld, so I guess it's a completely different thing from that Vanaheimr realm. Or maybe it actually is the same and your people just have a different name for it. Would be pretty interesting." He replied, before he came up with a similar question of his own.

"Is there... an Underworld where you're from?"​

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Mr. Miracle
It seems that one minor mispelling of his name was really such a problem that the little hooded guy needed to fix it with a piece of paper! Why, he could pull things out of nowhere, too? This would be a match for the ages, Hagen had reckoned! So, better not waste more banter, time's a ticking and all that! With a wave of his hat, Miracle sailed through the air like a dragon and headed first into the gateway, where he was then prompted to name aloud a stage to select. Luckily for him, Terry had no need to ponder long about his answer.

" One performing stage, please! Make it extra large and durable, if you would! "

Shaymin
Well, that settled that. With a brief jab of his head, Shaymin bit down on the bag to grab it with his jaws, with the edges of his mouth bending into a smile as he raised one limb to wave to the cashier.

" Thank you! Bye! "

And with that, the little grass-type flew out of the restaurant, bag in tow, clenched between his teeth. It took him rather little time to fly back to the center of the plaza, having used his sky forme to do so. When he had finally gotten there, the Gratitude Pokémon rested his small self by the side of the gateway and opened the bag of food, munching down on some grass gummis first and foremost in audible joy, which got him thinking.. why did he come here again? His only wish was to make friends, after all.. so why would that require fighting them first?

Dracula
The Dark Prince paid no mind to his weakened claws, instead choosing to further approach his foe, unrelenting in his assault. Just when sword and shield was flung his away however did he end up moving. His form had evaporated into a cloud of fog, his chaotic gear disappearing into a burst of its own flaming magical essence. Using the velocity from his approach, Dracula would have only moved half-way past Irnane's defenses, re-assembling himself directly behind her figure to do two very things.

For one, he moved his limbs forward, using levitation to maintain balance while trying to lock the Nerevarine's own arms and legs within his grasp to prevent further movement. A 'Full Nelson', like some martial artists like to call it, only it would have also included his legs folding and wrapping together with his foe's to block out even more mobility options.

Simultaneously, the second movement was his large cloak, which quickly begun moving all around the foe in order to encase them within its bounds, like he had done before to his previous opponent. And just like before, the insides of his cloak would have lit up even before it would've fully wrapped around its target to incinerate them with roaring flames from all directions!

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Beam
Alas, Rinku didn't fall for the same thing twice, and he enacted an effective counterattack within Beam's own jaws. The smaller demon's fists rapped across the devilman's gums, knocking out a handful of teeth, but he'd find that this shark's jaws were much tougher than the average fish's. It took the finned fiend a moment to register Rinku's unique tactic, but once he did, he would retaliate in the same way as any shark would against anything that came anywhere near its maw. He bit down on the invader, not at his hardest since Rinku wouldn't do him the service of wedging himself between his teeth, but enough to threaten to crush his foe. That wasn't all, as they arced through the air, Beam put his neck muscles to work. He thrashed like a shark out of hell(which he was), applying considerable g-forces to Rinku. If the demon attempted to slip out, the jaws would be a fatal challenge to race against, and if the S-class were to hold his ground, Beam would release his impressive bite force to release Rinku just in time to slam him into the bottom of a skateboarding half-pipe. Either way, the shark would dive back into the ground, but waste no time in a follow-up chomp.

Rinku

Beam bit down...on nothing. You see, Rinku was inside of the mouth, but at the roof of it, away from line of toothed death. So as beam bit down, it did nothing but let Rinku have more time to preform melee attacks. But when beam began to thrash about, the S class demon took a handful of gums and stabilized himself, clinging on.

"Tch, stubborn are you?" He winced.

With his free hand, he took out four Yo-Yos out of his yo-yo bag. So as Beam tried to get him into the jaw line, Rinku flung his four engines of chaos, the stringed weapons to start whirling and cutting up Beam's insides, going to cut through his flesh to fillet him from the inside out!

Chai

As Cayman took the air, leaving Chai with a weapon that grew heavier by the milisecond. As the weapon began to lower, a punch from above shattered the weapon at the middle! The sudden difference in weight threw Chai off balance, flying up into the air, scrap flying everywhere from the shattered part of his guitar weapon falling off the blade.

"Woaaah!"

Heat shined off Chai's face something manifested above him. A flaming fist began to form with a fiery intensity radiating from it. As he skirted to a halt on the ground, he pointed his guitar at the fragmented severed scrap that consisted of the front of the blade. They slid across the ground before they flew up into the air, as if to attach to his guitar. However, they would never reach in time before the fist would crash down, and Chai knew this. So instead, he flung the half of the blade that he had attached to his guitar forwards, the motion sending the magnetized scrap on the ground to fly like a shrapnel field to pelt both the fist and Cayman!
♫♩ I'm going all the way
I'm going, yeah, my blood is rebel ♩♪

As the blade impacted the construct of flame, the energy fist seemed to react to that impact, exploding in place while the the torrent of metal bits flew to erode Cayman!

♩♪ I'm going all the way
I'm going to another level! ♫♩

Audrey Redheart
"Grk!" Audrey gasped out as her own scarf was taken around her throat, pulling her back. "Let...go!" She cried out in brief gasps of annoyance. With a grunt of might, she heaved and pulled at the scarf. However, it didn't seem to be working, perhaps she was hesistant to risk breaking the scarf...Still, it meant she got pulled closer and closer towards Troy. "Gh..." She coughed out, rearing her arm forward finally to try and strike him in the face with a harsh elbow!

Meanwhile, it turned out the sword Allison was trying to lift was far heavier than it looked. Seriously, how the hell did Audrey use that thing effectively just moments ago?!

Axe
As Grazie guessed might happen, Axe quickly tried to follow it up with another bash, only for his shield to hit sand and have to be pulled back lest Axe risk injury from the sudden upshoot.

"What is she doing up there...?" He wondered in bewilderment before realising she was probably planning a counterattack... And he couldn't get up to her to stop it. Instead, he decided to dash forward towards the middle of the bridge now, trying to find a better angle to face his foe at. He didn't have much of a choice.

Masaru Takahara
Masaru was quick to notice the sharp edges, and pulled his hands back - Though he winced as they did graze the twist. Still, he didn't have much time to focus on it, as his opponent struck his leg, getting a groan of pain and forcing him off that foot as he hopped back.
"Shit..." He muttered under his breath, shaking his head.
He's quick...And it's looking like he's learning my every move as I fight! If I don't switch it up, I could be in trouble...
Maybe it's time to try this out!

With a calming sigh, Masaru began bouncing on the balls of his feet, keeping his arms moving - The Rush Style, used by the one who tested him for this tournament in this first place. He dashed forward with a slight afterimage to him, attempting to strike with a quick flurry of blows.

The Warlock
The Warlock's arrogance was cut off almost instantly as Dart's new sword seemed to cut through the beam like butter.

"W-what?!" This arrogance was replaced with anger and shock once again, confused as to how such a blade could counter even weaponised Psionic power from a Null Lance attack. He barely had time to react as Dart charged him and swung his sword, slashing the Warlock's chest. Much stronger than Lucario did last round with that pokemon's first strike, judging from the Warlock's much louder grunt of pain as his body was forcibly teleported away.

More of the Lost soon arrived, seeming to appear from behind the Warlock. With a grunt of surprise, he quickly reacted to shield himself, erupting one more attempt of his Mind Scorch on Dart as a distraction before more psionic energy clawed into the ground, bringing up the spectres of 6 Spectral Lancers once more. He then went to a knee, encasing himself in stasis - One who might not care about his feelings would call him a coward, and they would probably be right. Still, 4 of the spectral lancers began firing on Dart, and the last 2 charged him with their batons...Only for those two to be immeadiately overrun as the wave of Lost arrived. The specters were doing little against the Lost, but clearly the zombies did not hold the same sentiment, since a Brute Lost crushed the two charging specters while 3 Dashers and 5 normal Lost charged Dart. One Lost did stay to try and break through the Warlock's stasis, to unsurprisingly un-eventful response.

Weevil Underwood

The insect duelist laughed hysterically. The arena around the competitors slowly faded away, and they were back in the lobby. Weevil looked around the lobby. It looks like they were the first to complete their battle in this round of fighting. He looked back to Rex, and laughed again. He didn't even need to say anything to the dino duelist, he just sneered and laughed. Weevil's win was absolute, and complete. He shook his head and put his hands in his pockets, walking away.

Jeice

A moment of reprieve as MODOK thrashed angrily. It was all Jeice needed. Taking a breath, he jumped back to his feet. His scouter was shattered, part of his battle armor was destroyed. But he would be damned if he let this freak beat him! MODOK seemed to split into three, and Jeice wiped away some of the blood on his face. The Red Magma warrior flew into the air, flying over the dual Hyper Beams just as they fired.

This was enough playing around. Jeice's energy blade around his hand disappeared as he stopped focusing on it.
"The only one getting destroyed is you! Crusher Ball!" Jeice yelled. Holding up his hand, a orange sphere of energy about the size of a basketball formed. It was his signature attack, and his most powerful move! Jeice flung the energy sphere at the center MODOK, where it would cause a massive explosion!

Bakura

"And now, for my own fortune..." Bakura said, drawing another card. It was another monster card, a tan skinned woman with long red hair and purple markings on her head. The Empress Judge, the card he used to represent the third tarot card. The Empress. And it was upside down, in the reversed position. The form of Empress Judge appeared above Bakura. She scowled down at the white haired duelist, and a wave of emptiness flowed over him. But Bakura simply grinned. An unfortunate reading, but this feeling of emptiness was not an unfamiliar sensation.

The White Magical Hat jumped off the gravel wall, but continued his assault. He ran up the side of the gravel wall, flipping over the top of it and aiming an empowered kick at Kragg's head. At the same time, Bakura placed the Empress Judge card onto his duel disk. In a burst of light, the warrior maiden appeared.
"Destroy Kragg, Empress Judge." Bakura commanded. The warrior maiden nodded. She ran towards Kragg, and destroyed the gravel wall with a powerful punch!

Dagr

"Hmm. Kind of." Dagr said. She hadn't been able to hear Palutena, but Pit had muttered something about NiGHTs and Irnane. NiGHTs was that shapeshifter, and Irnane... Dagr glanced at the tv screens. Right, Irnane was that blue-skinned elven tactician woman.

"In Jotunheimr, we have a place we call 'the land under the mountains'. It's a massive cave system that supposedly stretches under all of Jotunheimr. Legends say its where the dvegar were formed, emerging from the dirt and rocks and crystal and iron within."

"Oh yeah, right. The dvegar are like these small folk. We Jotun enslaved them for a good long while, but then they rose up against us and freed themselves. But that was also like, wayyyy in the past too." Dagr explained. "But when you say 'underwold', I'm guessing you meant more like the realm of the dead. There's one realm called Hel. Pretty scary place, supposedly. It's ruled by the queen of Hel, who's name is also Hel. Like that isn't confusing."

The Princess chuckled, leaning back and thinking for a moment.
"I think she... died, though? If that's possible? A few months ago, we got reports of undead armies spilling out of portals and attacking a few other kingdoms and realms. But they've stopped now, and supposedly Hel herself was killed by the Order of Heroes from the Askr Kingdom." Dagr said. She shrugged.

comic

NEPHTHYS

The incoming projectiles didn't incite much concern in the gardevoir, who raised a hand, giving momentary pause as she detected their own signature of energy that she could recognize. Was it something Kirin secretly possessed? Something within this place that imbued that? Both? Neither? Whatever the case, she spread open her palm and summoned a portal node, widening to gulp down any of the projectiles heading for the Pokémon, not unlike what she'd done in response to Raptor's summon went it hurled a great boulder. And again, similar to that move, the exit portal had opened up in the room she detected Kirin in, hurling those same projectiles right back at her, simply much closer and with greater speed, considering the gathered inertia, though the speed wasn't all that much better.

The projectiles that had been more spread out in their trajectory crashed against the ground around Neph, who for now, paid them no heed. Kirin's talismen, too, were thrown back at her through the portal. The moment the barrage ended, the portal was closed, and the gardevoir began to approach the building Kirin was hiding in.

IRNANE

There it was!

She'd been waiting for that move in particular.

Irnane spun, keeping her momentum with her defense, and she met Dracula on his own terms as he rematerialized behind her, his limbs working to grapple her - but he'd rematerialized directly where her sword had been moved to. In truth, she wasn't sure if it would actually deal damage, if it even counted as a 'stab,' though however, its magical effects would remain, and the count would find it weakening him the longer he allowed it to remain there.

Then the cape began its attempt to engulf her. She could feel its flames trying to ignite her. Of course, it really didn't do much. Naturally she was highly resistant to the element, but as Nerevarine, she was more dark elf than any dunmer. The contact against her skin only provided slight irritation, somewhat of a discomforting heat, but nowhere near the incineration Dracula had been hoping for. And yet, just to add insult to injury[?], Irnane's other hand had worked its own magic in this time as well. It had flashed with a crimson that engulfed the woman, bathing her in its power. A simple spell, but one that could make Vlad think twice about working at such close range. The Wounding Touch spell, and unfortunately for her opponent, Dracula and his cape were making contact immediately. The cape began to tear as it wrapped around her. Supernatural lesions would forcibly slice open the vampire the longer he held on. He was being given almost no choice but to let go, or be weakened too much without dealing the damage he'd be intending to.

DART

This battle was becoming pretty chaotic fairly quickly. Dart had landed a blow, evidently a pretty good one, too. Warlock retreated to slip into a... cocoon or something. The Mind Scorch he'd cast had dissipated against Dart, its energy instead transmuting into the Mind Crusher blade, empowering it further. The mercenary brought up the blade, blocking a few incoming shots, but not all missed their mark. One knocked Dart back, a second forcing him into a knee. He wasn't overly damaged, but they'd had some kick, and he needed a second to recover from the recoil. As the Lost began to swarm over them, killing the spectrals before Dart could get to them, many had their sights on the Survivor of Neet.

A dasher closed in, swinging its arms down upon dart, and-

SCIT!

Both of its arms flung away from it as Dart stood, Mind Crusher raised, before he ripped it through the zombie's middle, simultaneously dashing forward. He leapt up, and slammed a boot into a second dasher, its chest cavity caving inward and its limp body tumbling into the five approaching normal lost, tumbling them over like bowling pins. The third dasher swung for Dart, but he ducked under its arms, standing behind it. It growled and turned with another lunge. Again, the mercenary dipped behind it, this time swinging upward. The Lost let out a guttural sound as its body froze - and then the left side of its body began to slide away from the right, the creature bisected right down the middle vertically, before both sides split apart from each other.

Tugging out a small red orb from his inventory, Dart tossed it toward the rest of the Lost, and the orb erupted. A roar of noise filled the air as a scarlet tsunami materialized, a wave of cleansing fire that filled the streets, swarming through the buildings, and it washed over the battlefield around Dart and the hiding Warlock. The rest of the Lost wave screeched their lost before they crumbled to the ground in piles of ashes, the attack also slamming into the stasis field around Warlock (though if that did anything remained yet to be revealed).

Hefting Mind Crusher to his shoulder, Dart began to walk toward the frozen Warlock. His dragoon orb was beginning to pulse with energy - it was starting to get ready for use. The Red Warrior's ultimate weapon. Still, as things had gone so far, it seemed Mind Crusher would be enough to counter the Warlock - probably.

M.O.D.O.K.

Missed!

...MISSED!?

"WAITWAITWAITWAIT!" M.O.D.O.K. screamed as Jeice sailed over the attack. The ground began to erupt beneath them from the power of the Dual Hyper Beams, threatening to reduce their battlefield to rubble, but then Jeice was attacking. "CHEATER! CHEATER! I DEMAND COMPENSATIOOOOOON!"

The Man-Mind roared, unable to move with the Hyper Beams active, and the Crusher Ball closed in, before-

PA-THOOM!!

The ball erupted against the A.I.M. Leader, and he became shrouded in the smoke and debris. The finale of the Dual Hyper Beam attack had been forcibly ended, and their battlefield hung together by a thread, the ground all around fractured, brilliant light beaming through the cracks. The world around Jeice had shifted in its design, seemingly more ethereal at first glance, like a planet on the brink before destruction, not unlike when Frieza destroyed worlds. It was like the battlefield was caught in that small split second before the end of its existence at the emperor's hand, perpetually hung in imminent death.

"NoOo...."

A darker voice came from the smoke below.

"NOOoO...!!"

The smoke fully dispersed to reveal M.O.D.O.K., or rather, what remained. His chair was left on the ground in shattered pieces, the deformed body hovering upward. The centerpiece of his forehead was beginning to violently spark with potent psychic energy, small bursts arcing outward like a solar flare. Debris that got in the way became eviscerated - steel and concrete treated the same.

"yOu... fFfFOoL! I... aM...... M.O.D.O.K.!!!"

The last thread holding his power back was broken, and the battered body of M.O.D.O.K. writhed in pain as his energy was unleashed. A blinding light washed over the arena, and dozens of beams of psychic energy began to arc out in every direction, originating from the Man-Mind. They smashed against surfaces, disintegrating whatever they touched, releasing powerful psychic explosions that rocked the world around them. The fractures began to open, the world growing closer to the brink of collapse, inching forward to imminent destruction. For every psychic beam that erupted against a surface, two more would split from it, doubling the amount of beams in little time, and their numbers only continued to grow as M.O.D.O.K. limp body twitched and convulsed, his eyes rolling back into his head, his body forced to remain in place as his most devastating attack was unleashed, swallowing the world around them. If Jeice didn't act quickly - M.O.D.O.K. could end up clutching a final victory in the final second.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Taskmaster
Masaru was showing to falter under any pressure the assassin had put on, though he also seemed to be more than stubborn enough to take damage in stride. He was forced back more, coming to the edge of the small arena. There was about a dozen more feet to the edge of the building. Taskmaster moved to close the distance, but suddenly the World's Strongest changed styles and shot forward with a flurry of increasingly fast strikes. Anthony Masters quickly prepared himself and began either blocking the blows with his shield or dodging. As he did, he slowly slid his sword into its sheathe. Then came a nasty right hook, smacking Taskmaster in the jaw and cracking the hard mask he wore. The mercenary knew how to take a punch, but he was just now learning how hard his opponent could really hit. Taskmaster fell into the motion, fluidly ducking another swing as his free hand snatched up a knife. He turned his shield horizontally to cover the motion of him jabbing the knife for Masaru's abdomen.

Beam
The yoyos of death tore up Beam's gullet, causing the shark's jaws to shoot open and slam his catch into the ground as blood spurted forth. The devilman sank into the ground, but he was bleeding from the throat. His insides were tough as well, but blood was still seeping from his mouth and into his lungs. He needed a way to heal before he drowned in his own blood. He could barely catch Rinku's scent between coughing fits. He needed to drink his opponent's blood quick, but he'd barely landed a cut on the boy.

What would Lord Chainsaw do if he was in this situation? That's when it hit him. Lord Chainsaw used his jaws, but he also had chainsaws sprouting out of his limbs. If Beam only had jaws on his fists... it took the fiend another moment to realize, but he discovered how to do exactly that. New teeth had sprouted in his jaws since Rinku gave him that beating, but he plucked a couple loose ones from his jaws, pinching them between his knuckles. Then, without wasting any more time, he swam towards his target and leapt out of the ground in front of him, swinging his head with a vicious gnash of his teeth. Then, following up, came a fist. It had long, sharp shark teeth clenched between the fingers like Wolverine, and though it was less deadly than a shark attack, it would sure make Rinku bleed if they struck.

Kragg
Just as soon as it came, the feeling of self-doubt washed away. Kragg could do this. The Earth's Bastion may shudder, but he would never crack. The Wallrunners have kept peace in Aether for generations, and as their champion, Kragg had a duty. One he had no option but to succeed in. As the White Hat attempted to scale the wall, he would find it giving out beneath his feet and returning to the much larger wall below the combatants. The beetle leapt forwards, massive fist aiming to snatch up the airborne effect monster and smash it to smithereens on the ground. Then, the stone creature turned its attention to the empress. He began to run at the woman, and, once within range, would swing his powerful horn in an attempt to smack her off the stage!

Kooky Kultists
The woman threw an elbow at Troy's face, but he was expecting retaliation. The narcissist ducked under the elbow and slithered to the other side of Audrey. He came up with an uppercut, enhanced with the power of a Vortex Ball, which would explode and send her sky high if it struck. Meanwhile, Allison gave up on trying to lift it, and instead began working her way out from under it. She wasn't totally focused on this task, however, as she was also watching her obsession fistfight a fellow swordfighter.

"Go! Go! Troy's our man, if he can't kill you, nobody can!"

Rinku

Like a geyser made of blood, Rinku emerged from the maw of the beast in a plume of crimson liquid. Somersaulting through the air, despite previously having a collision course with the ground, he course corrected before landing on his feet. In seconds, the blood that covered his body started to steam, the red tinge now burning off from something coming from this boy.

"This playtime is fun and all, but I think you better call it quits before you drown in your own blood! Ha-ha!"

He threw in Yo-Yos in and out, waiting for the subterranean sand shark to re-emerge from the shifting dunes. He didn't have to wait long, as Beam was heading on a collision course dead ahead of him!

"Riiiight, berserk mode. Not a losing demon without one, I guess. Alright, bring it!"

Rinku effortlessly backflipped away from the gnashing teeth, seeing it coming a mile away. What he didn't expect was the follow up attack with the fist full of teeth. Sharp bones from the jaw impacted the side of his back, Rinku cringed at the sudden blow. Head flashed aggressively over to Beam.

"Tch!!"

The Yo-Yo strings wrapped around the fist that punched him, sending a shocking pulse through the creature. That's when the Yo-show themselves shot forward, aiming to tear straight Through Beam's arm and sever it, then continue up to puncture his lungs!

Rex Raptor

All Weevil had to contribute after the match was a cocky smirk, like he knew this was what the end result was going to be. Rex's Dino blood boiled. This tourney was supposed to be where he'd reign as the undefeated champ, he didn't come all this way just to be shown up by Weevil again!

That Weevil, didn't even have the guts to face down my Red Eyes! Yet all he can do is get cocky about his win?? Tch! A coward's victory! I'll beat him if he isn't already thrashed by the time I climb to the top of the...Ngh...other bracket.

Exiting the gateway, Rex put his hands in his pockets, looking at the bracket before him. His eyes nearly bugged out of his head when he saw what was up there.

...I was the first eliminated this round?!? NO WAY!!!

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Magolor
Miracle vanished into his gateway, and Magolor soon followed.
Back into the void, with only the machine as company. Magolor rested his head on his hand, deep in thought.
"Knowing Miracle, he'd want something showy for a stage." Magolor mused. "And well, a provider like me can't disappoint."
Magolor withheld a giggle, instead dramatically pointing at the machine.
"Bring us to the Ethereal Alter. Let's give the people something eye-catching."

Ryuji
"Uh, sorry." Ryuji said sheepishly as he shrunk back into his seat, as Nott brought up her own wager. The same as his.
"But are you sure that you want to do this?" she asked, far calmer than he was.
"I-uh..." Ryuji gave pause, somehow having failed to consider that. Yet he shook it off quickly, barely giving it thought as he got fired up again.
"I ain't scared! It's a deal!"
To show his sincerity, Ryuji brought his hand forward for a handshake.

Alter Knight
The Knight was busy studying the building they were stuck in until Kassandra called to her. She returned the nod silently before walking into her Gateway.
Her arena of choice?
"The Rah Empire."

Lucario
Mudkip fired a Water Gun. Lucario brought up his arms to defend himself from the blow. The steel type's arms glowed silver as they quite literally steeled themselves against the water gun, sending droplets flying while Lucario didn't move an inch.
"Passable." Lucario commended with a nod. "Now to respond to a counter attack."
Lucario's arms now glowed blue, gathering aura that the pokemon fired out in the shape of two small Aura Spheres that homed in on Mudkip's position. While Mudkip would be occupied with those, Lucario would close the distance between them, keeping a careful eye on the Hoenn starter.

Jeice

Jeice stared down at MODOK in shock. He survived his signature Crusher Ball attack? Just what was this freak made of? Still, like a dying planet, the massive head was about to go supernova. From how strong MODOK was, it was sure to be just as deadly. Beams of psychic energy shot out, blasting everywhere. Jeice moved through the air as a trained fighter, dodging the blasts. They multiplied whenever they struck something, yet another technique Jeice hadn't expected.

One of the psychic blasts struck is other shoulder pauldron, blasting it to pieces. Another struck Jeice from the back, totally destroying the rest of his Battle Armor. His armor was gone, and his scouter too. But MODOK still stood, and the psychic energy blasts weren't disappearing. At this rate, the entire arena would be covered. He had to finish this now.

Jeice ducked under another psychic blast and dodged around a branch of blasts, flying towards MODOK. The warrior weaved up and down, left and right, closing the distance to MODOK. Just as he closed the distance to MODOK, one of the beams struck Jeice in the leg. It severed the limb just below the knee, but he pushed through. It was now or never.

"Feel the might of the GINYU FORCE!!!" Jeice yelled, throwing a punch at MODOK's head with all he had!

The Spirit of the Millennium Ring

The White Magical Hat was smashed into the ground, and shattered into pixels. The Empress Judge, however, was more difficult to get rid of. The warrior maiden ducked under Kragg's horn attack and attempted to sweep Kragg's legs out from under him. She then sprung up and backflipped away, landing in a ready position to continue her assault.

"And now, the cards speak once again to your fate." Bakura chuckled. He drew a card. "Your doom is guaren... hm."

That wasn't good.

The card he drew was another monster, the Earthbound Spirit. It was the monster he used to signify the twenty-first tarot card.
dio brando - Image Abyss

Behind Bakura, a shadowy humanoid creature rose up from the earth. It vanished. In the same moment, it burst up from the earth beneath Kragg. The powerful warrior would feel a burst of confidence and power wash over him. His strength increased, and he gained the ability to teleport small distances as well as the knowledge of how to use it. Bakura scowled. His cards were supposed to work for him, not his opponent!

"So the tarot cards favor you for now. But fortune is a fickle thing! Go, Man-Eater Bug!" Bakura commanded. The white haired young man's face down monster flipped up, revealing a strange, humanoid bug creature. It screeched angrily, and launched itself towards Kragg with surprising speed. In duel monsters, its effect was to destroy an opponent's monster when it was flipped face up. Here, it attempted to grab Kragg and crush the Wallrunner in a surprising powerful attack!

Empress Judge moved back to protect Bakura, and the duelist set another monster face-down on the field.

Weevil Underwood

The insect duelist paused, looking up at the bracket screen. It looked like only a few of the battles had started. In fact, their match was the first that had finished. He chuckled again, shaking his head. Rex too had noticed the fact he had lost first.
"Just like I said, Raptor! You'll always be a second-rate duelist! Kyahaha!" Weevil called out to Rex. Weevil turned and started to walk towards the Regular Burger diner.

Nótt

Nótt glanced from Ryuji to his hand. The boy really was quite eager to do this. The princess wiped her hands with her napkin, then shook Ryuji's hand.
"It's a wager, then." Nótt said, smiling politely. Her eagle looked to Ryuji. Even though it was just a bird, it almost appeared to smiling maliciously. It was now watching Ryuji was it would watch its prey.
"Oh, this will be fun!" Nótt said.

Out of the corner of her eye, the princess caught the news of one of the matches ending. Already? And so many already starting.... Nótt stood up, brushing the crumbs off her lap and putting her gauntlets back on. She picked up her lance, and Moon-Twin flew back onto it's perch on Nótt's armor.
"Are you ready for our match, or are there other things you wish to do now?" Nótt asked Ryuji.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ryuji
The Phantom Thieve's resident meathead was unaware of Moon-wing's predatory grin. Instead, he looked up as he considered Nott's question.
"Uhhh..naw. Not really." he shook his head and spun around, eagerly powerwalking out of the restaurant with a loud "Thanks for the food!" towards the regular staff.
The teen would wait for Nott to be ready before entering his own gateway. This time, he figured me might as well pick a stage for himself. After a second of thinking, Ryuji settled on the first thing that came to mind: Mementos.

Nótt

The Princess followed after Ryuji. They were quick to reach the arena, and Nótt gave Ryuji a small wave as she entered the archway. Now, it was time to pick an arena for them to fight in. Of course, she already had one in mind. Ryuji was a powerful, brutish fighter with a large weapon. That, and he had mentioned he could not run as well as he used to. So, Nótt would pick a place that would exploit those weaknesses the most.

"The Niðavellir Royal Archives." Nótt said. It was a place she had only visited once, when Ótr brought her to the Niðavellir Castle. It was a large room, iron, bronze, and full of massive gears and mechanisms like the rest of the castle. Inside, bookshelves extended all the way to its massive ceiling. The pathways between the bookshelves were incredibly narrow, with many curves and sharp turns. It was practically a labyrinth, and one she hoped to use against Ryuji.

Nótt readied her lance, and Moon-Wing spread its massive wings. Once match begun, the Princess would lunge towards Ryuji and attempt to overwhelm him with a barrage of spear thrusts!

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Kirin
Plenty of crates and pipes flew into the portal, the Battle Priestess taking note of Neph's ability moments before the projectiles flew back at her, each one moving dangerously fast. Quickly rolling out of the way of a few crates and slicing a pipe in half, Kirin took cover behind a large container. All those projectiles should do the trick. This was her chance.

As the last of the crates moved past Neph, a flash of azure burst from the area Kirin stood in. A trail of lightning zipped from the facility all the way to the Gardevoir's back in a split second, the crate cleanly cut in half by the wielder of Radiant Fetters. Her talismans could apply her Septima to just about any physical object, enabling her Arc Chain technique---and she had done just that, using the crate as a means to close the gap in an unexpected way. She was counting on the element of surprise to work its magic here.

Using the midair jump granted by Arc Chain to leap towards Neph, Kirin held her weapon out, spinning incredibly quickly as she approached---her Rakshasa Cleave. Now essentially a human buzzsaw, she aimed to slice into Neph over and over, racking up damage at a rapid rate!​

Cayman
The large fist enveloping Cayman glowed brightly as the Duelist came crashing down, overwhelming heat exuding from his form. Chai's last-ditch attack came up at him, an overwhelming amount of scrap metal trailing behind the future rockstar's once massive weapon.
♩♪ To another level! ♫♩

"This is it, Chai! The ultimate clash of our manly spirits! Give it your all!"

The half of the blade that remained struck the fist, a powerful explosion ringing out as the weapon fell apart. The construct of flame also gave out, but a crimson aura still remained around Cayman, swaying through the air like a dying flame. It was not as intense as his earlier move, but it was clear the Adept's determination knew no bounds. He was fighting to the end this time.
♩♪ Let's go, let's go, let's go! ♫♩

The field of shrapnel followed next, pelting against the metallic fist that covered Cayman's front as he attempted to power through, still falling downward at a slower rate, as if fighting against a powerful gust of wind. Paint and bits of metal broke apart from what remained of the Iron Delinquent's armor, some of the shrapnel slipping past and cutting into his torso. Yet he remained committed to his attack.
♩♪ To another level! ♫♩

The wave of sharp metal seemed unending. The metal fist struggled to keep up, breaking apart finger by finger as Cayman inched closer and closer, his speed dropping more and more with each passing second. And despite that, his battle spirit remained vibrant, body still glowing a fierce crimson. The armored fist finally broke down completely, leaving the Adept completely exposed, his right fist outstretched, left arm attempting to block the projectiles headed for his body---but he was failing. There was no way he could block them all.

♩♪ Let's go, let's go, let's go! ♫♩

The Duelist's fiery aura finally seemed to waver, blood running down his body from the dozens of cuts inflicted upon him. This was the end of the line. He knew that well. Yet he couldn't stop grinning. A mighty Duel was what he'd come here for, and he'd gotten exactly that. A Duel that pushed him to his limits. A Duel that he couldn't get in his own world.

A Duel against an incredible opponent.
♩♪ To another level! ♫♩

His strength soon gave out, body unable to hold on after the onslaught it had just endured. Cayman reeled through the air, muscles limp, yet satisfied. Cayman could only get a few words out before his body hit the ground and the world went black.

"Good Duel, Chai."

Winner: Chai!
Loser: Cayman!

Pit
"Whoa, that's actually kinda similar to the Underworld that I know!" Pit replied, eager to explain. "The Underwold is realm of the dead ruled by a god called Hades. Super evil, final boss type of threat. He waged war against Skyworld and the Overworld by trying to use the souls of warring humans to create a huge army. I had to destroy him in my most recent mission, but it was incredibly tough."

"Your actions restored peace to the world, Pit. I'm quite proud of you."
"Hehe, thanks. Just hope there's no bigger bad to resurrect him like he did with Medusa---wait a second." The angel paused, looking over at the nearby tournament bracket, which had just been updated.

"There's fights that are already ending?!"

Grazie
"Tryin' to run?"

Spinning her staff around as she soared into the air, a plethora of sand particles spewed out from Grazie's weapon. As they rained down upon Axe, each one condensed into a stream before solidifying into sand tendrils with pointed tips, six in total. They lunged at the boy one after another, trying to predict his next move as Axe ran towards the middle of the bridge.

Grazie herself landed back on top of the pillar she had just sprung up, watching her attack unfold. Axe didn't seem to have too many options at a distance, so staying up there for a bit could be right advantageous for her.

"I bet mister Zeddy would do the same..."

Chai

Heat rushed past Chai's face as the flaming fist was disrupted. The glow of the dispersing flames further highlighted by the clangs and clashes that caused sparks to fly from Cayman's armor. But the living behemoth was soon felled, and their defense crumbled in the last moments. The weirdest part is...Cayman seemed happy about it? Heck, he seemed absolutely ecstatic!

"Good Duel, Chai."

Then Cayman hit the ground, his consciousness drifting away as he was rendered still. The song was over, and thus, so was the match. Chai breathed heavy in disbelief, his scrap attached to his guitar severing and dropping to the ground. A glimmer was seen in the dropout's eyes as he started to bounce up and down before pointing at Cayman, looking to Peppermint.

"Did you see that?! We beat the guy!"

"Wow. Huh...I honestly didn't expect you to win."

"Huh? Wait, for real?"

"Yeah, I actually better against you. Guess I owe $50 to this Otacon guy now."

"Glad to see you care about me." Chai sassed back.

"Naturally."

That's when Peppermint logged off 808's systems, reverting the drone back to a cat, which plopped down on Chai's shoulders. Chai. Chai took a deep exhale before Turing around, putting his hands on his hips as he examined Cayman's still body.

"Now. ...How do I get big man here back?"

Tug

Pullllll

Kick!

Nothing.

Cayman was heavy. Either it be the muscle or something unexplainable he couldn't see. He was getting frustrated. Was it okay to just leave the body here? Not like he could move him.

"Uh, hey." Chai called out, cupping a hand to the side of his mouth. "Anybody got a crane?"

Jevil
After his game session with angry lady and angrier lady had come to a close, the circus clown stretched and morphed into a scythe with a creepy giggle and teleported out of existence and back to the lobby.

POP!

Jevil appeared in the lobby with a cartoonish popping sound, floating several feet in the air, spinning around carelessly. “UEE HEE HEE! What fun, what fun! I have to hand them that one!” The jester cackled, kicking his feet in the air like a child. Suddenly, his expression changed to that of wild surprise and revelation as he immediately turned his head 180 degrees to look behind him and see Roo. A grin crept across the clown’s face as he moved uncomfortably close to the mentally unstable kangaroo, his usually unseen pupils showing up in his dark eyes.

“And you, my explosive fellow! I must ask, why did you concede the battle when your HP wasn’t even low, low?!”

Sonic the Hedgehog
Finding himself back in the lobby, Sonic tapped his foot impatiently as NiGHTS wrapped up the battle, eventually losing as well. His purple friend soon spawned in right next to him, snapping their fingers in a “well darn” motion. “Welp. That was fun!” The blue blur clasped his hands together in a “guess that’s that“ sort of manner. ”What do ya say we go get some chili dogs and catch up?” Sonic turned on his heel and started walking away, only for his attention to be caught by Master Hand.

“Huh? Loser’s bracket? That’s new.” He tilted his head to the side as he took a gander at the screen until his face lit up when he found his name next to NiGHTS’.

The hedgehog looked up at the jester and smirked, raising an eyebrow. “Heh, guess we’ll finally be able to have that spar of ours after all! Assuming you don’t want to chicken out?” He sed.

Chai and Cayman’s fight
As the wannabe rockstar struggled to lift up Cayman to take him to the lobby, a deep voice from the stands could be heard.

“Oh, brother!”

A familiar red, anthropomorphic echidna vaulted over the stands and landed on the ground with a loud thud, dusting himself off afterwards from the long fall. He then walked over towards Chai and the unconscious Cayman, rubbing his eyes in disappointment. “This is painful, you’re ruining your victory. Give me that.”

Knuckles picked the buff man up off the floor and hauled him over his shoulder, not unlike a sack of potatoes. “You got guts, but this guy was a much better fighter, not sure how you won but I’ll hand it to ya. Now c’mon.”
The echidna looked over his shoulder at Chai, nodding his head towards the lobby archway, and started walking towards there himself, seemingly not caring that he wasn’t a part of the tournament.

Chai

Suddenly, a tomato colored rat appeared. Wait, that was a familiar rat. It was that red dude he fought to get here in the first place! Knuck...Knocks? Whatever his name was, at least he was helping.

"A better fighter? Wellll I'm the one standing, ain't I?" He sassed, putting his hands behind his head. "...How'd you get down here without breaking your knees again?"

Following Knuckles through the archway, the terrain faded away as they ended up back in the plaza, a surprising few members having not started their matches yet.

Ripper Roo

The blue roo had been reconstituted in the plaza? And was currently going right to work teething on a lamp post when Jevil approached him. All the while Jevil spoke to him, his eyes couldn't focus on the jester. Instead, they whirled and warbled like they needed to be glued down.

"Heheheh...hueuehueh!"

Saliva dripped from the oozing mouth of the cracked out marsupial, splatting against the floor. It looked like Roo had no regrets for his actions, just that he was able to make such a big boom. Clapping his feet together like hands, he then let go of the lamp post and began to bounce chaotically around Jevil, snapping near his ankle once like a rabid dog before bouncing once more, landing upside down in front of Jevil, looking directly at him.

...It seemed he wanted to make Jevil go boom too!

NiGHTS the Nightmaren

Coasting out of the match with the grace of an acrobat, NiGHTS left a trail of sparkles emitting from her body as they. Making her way to Sonic, who was waiting nearby, she wiped off imaginary sweat from her nonexistent nose and grinned.

"It was a fun one! That last bit was fast paced and unexpected! I don't blame you for struggling against her, she was a handful!"

When the brackets were brought to their attention, Sonic and NiGHTS both exchanged a competitive look before immediately getting into it.

“Heh, guess we’ll finally be able to have that spar of ours after all! Assuming you don’t want to chicken out?” Sonic said.

"Chicken out? I've been waiting for this for a while! We never seem to get a fight cooking between us. C'mon, let's go!!"

She did a loop in the sky before darting straight into the archway, narrowly dodging knuckles, who was on the way out.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ryuji
"Uh...this isn't Mementos."
A dumbfounded Ryuji looked every which way over the arena he was in. The arena looked similar to what Nott would expect, yet different. It was as if something corrupted the archives, leaving the walls a muted red and faintly hazy looking, as if everything was a dream. If Nott thought this place was a labyrinth before, she would soon be surprised as the bookshelves themselves seemed to curve according to the paths they adorned, which were far more confusing. Some paths went in circles, others dead ends, and some even raising off the floor and leading into the air as equally befuddling paths that led to giant floating gears that acted as platforms. Perhaps worse yet, everything seemed to be shifting slightly, and paths melded into each other upon contact. If one lost track of their surroundings, they could find themselves in entirely new ones.
"I don't get it. Where's the subway?" Ryuji asked.
"Skull! Mementos isn't just the subway!" Oracle yelled at him. From the sound of it, she was in the middle of eating instant ramen before noticing the fight.
"It's the cognitive world. Whatever this place was, it's be changed by Nott's cognition.
Ryuji blinked, not really getting it. "Which means...?"
"Uh...from looks of it, this place was like a maze for her. So, I guess it's that but worse...?"
It was a lame answer, but Futaba didn't have a good read on both Nott and the archives...yet.
Talking about his opponent brought Ryuji back to...well not reality. Just in time to see her leap at him and thrust her lance.

Ryuji quickly brought up his arms, guarding himself as William appeared behind Ryuji, surrounding him in blue flames. Nott's lance stabbed repeatedly into Ryuji and earned some grunts from the phantom thief, but it took a lot more than that to knock him down. Ryuji's tightened his grip over his weapon and swung it in front of himself to strike Nott away. To keep her off, Ryuji followed it up with slamming his Mjolnir into the floor, cratering the floor and releasing a powerful shockwave around himself!

DevVoid

Shaymin
Ah, all these gummies and all these strangers, it was all quite such a lovely sight to witness. Alas, he was brought here only to fight, not to make friends, which.. this little Grass-type didn't actually quite agree with, now that he thought about it. At first, he was under the impression that they'd get at least SOME time to mingle amongst one another, as one usually would between matches in a competition, but given that the second rounds have already started while it still felt like the first had just ended, Shaymin was starting to think that maybe this whole thing wasn't such a great idea after all.

Getting up from his spot, he put whatever he could not finish into his bag and took a look around. Well.. this lobby was getting rather empty, what with how many people were already up and at em, all engaged in their own fights, the Gratitude Pokémon felt sad. Yes, fighting for sure was in the nature of every Pokemon, as it has to be given most have to fight for their own survival, but.. getting such little opportunities to even introduce himself to all these unknown faces? It was rather saddening.

' ..Oh well! I do still have my friends in Treasure Town and my village! And well.. actually, I already got my wish! I got to meet all kinds of strangers, and even genuine, real humans! As far as I'm concerned, I'm content with my experiences! '

And with that, a reinvigorated smile plastered itself on Shaymin's face as the Pokémon started waltzing around in his sky form to the gateway - not for a fight, but to take his leave. Granted, he felt bad having only presented a single fight to the giant talking hand.. but then again, it's not like this whole tournament would be cancelled without his presence, right? Standing right by the gate now, the Gratitude Pokémon turned towards the plaza once more and waved with his little paw, barking out but a few parting words before heading on out.

" Shaymin, shay! Min shay! "

" Goodbye, everyone! Have fun! "

Mr. Miracle
As the stage transfigured itself to fit between both choices made, its shape took after a large stage where an army's worth of entertainers could perform in front of a whole country's worth of audience, with both magicians hidden behind the rather large curtains of scarlet hue. And right behind and around them, hidden by the curtains, was a large empty space - in quite the literal sense, as if they were coasted straight in the deepest parts of the galaxy itself, with one peculiar altar standing out above all, drawing quite the large attention to itself with the large, marble-like pillars surrounding it and all the gold decorated around it.

Seeing as they were still backstage, Miracle was about to get ready, checking his own clothing for any potential prop manifestation spots that could come useful in this fight, like an actor warming themselves up for the big show, right before..

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

While his realm should have been paused during his presence here, his wrist watch certainly wasn't. And it just reached a very important reminder that made this magician completely forget about the fact about just how useless this little gizmo had become for him - his ACTUAL TV Show was gonna begin, and it was gonna be a PILOT of all things! Oh, how unfortunate, how unfortunate indeed! His gaze turned from amused to panicked as his eyes now moved over to look at his opponent with a spin and a pop of a smoke bomb.

..And as the coat of grey cleared up there now stood a man in a white business outfit, glued on fake whiskers and.. a matching bunny ear headband, strangely. With a comical pose of shock, he had procurred a pocket watch on a chain from his left pants' compartments and flipped it open, looking at the time.

" Oh my ears and whiskers! I'm late, I'm late, I'm late for a very important date! "

With his watch being stuffed back in his pocket, he proceeded to procure a fake gold medal, one with chocolate inside, from the other and tossed it to the hooded magician. Despite being in such a clumsy hurry as he was, Hagen knew better than to break character, or even appear to give up as Mr. Miracle. Rather, he would end his act with a comedic reference and quickly rush out.

" Take this medal, I must go! Onward I pedal, to arrive at my show! "

Taking a white top hat out from behind himself, Terry procurred another smoke bomb from within before putting it on, using it to shape an afterimage of smoke after himself while he bolted off like a cartoon character, making sure to maintain the distance so that he could keep his hat spinning mid-air - for which he would promptly return and proceeded to blindly run off through the gateway - this pilot being so very important to him that he completely forgot about the whole frozen time thing and ended up eliminating himself from both the battle and subsequently the whole tournament.

Dracula
Clever, that he must admit. To counter his attack and make him weaker, it was quite smart. Dracula knew that this opponent was not one to be underestimated. It actually got him thinking.. and remembering. The will to disregard the dangers of their way and continue fighting for their goal, treating even a greater vampiric entity like him not as a mortal enemy or some unholy deity to be feared, but an equal. The determination to strive to achieve the greater good, despite the many challenges and sacrifices this would inevitably bring. Not only did she remind him of himself during his years of servitude.. the simpler times, when Elisabeth had still been around, but..

To have the goals of bringing such fortune to those who are lesser off, even at the risk of being punished for attempting to help, to stand against these dark forces and mighty armies.. it had reminded him of the two he held dear the most. Lisa's radiant personality and her will to bring the light to even those who have treaded in darkness for too long.

And Adrian.. his own flesh and blood who, even after all these years, has never once lost hope, has always held himself to Lisa's final words and stuck true to being one of humanity's saviours. Even with all the prejudice that he himself and his army of darkness had brought on for generations to even decades and centuries, to never once join the darkness that consumed him, his father..

Dracula's hand reached forward, his arm bent towards the Nerevarine's neck.. but it if made contact, his foe would be quick to find out that it was no attack at all. There was not enough force put behind it to cause even a bit of asphyxiation. It was as if.. the Vampire was looking for a hold. As if, rare for him as it was, had gotten sick of fighting for once. And these speculations would ring true, as all the contemplations and memories caused him to lower his guard and simply endure these draining effects, deciding to retaliate no further.

" Tell me, Nerevarine.. "

If his opponent could look to view him face to face, they would see his expression had changed entirely. From once reserved, yet ferocious and merciless, to that of retrospection, remembrance and deep thought. The face of one who appeared too lost in his own thoughts to continue attempting to relentlessly beat on his enemy.

" Your ambitions.. they are noble and selfless, indeed. But.. what will you do, once it is all over? Moreover, what if aiding those in need will be your downfall? What if it is all for naught, as, even if the current threat may be eliminated, a new, more powerful one will rise? One that cannot simply be taken out through the promise of a wish, or the experience of otherworldly fighting techniques. What if.. all of your goals were pointless because, in the end, it was through your own consequences that the darkness takes its hold over the world, its people.. and potentially even yourself? "

comic

KASSANDRA

Alter Knight posed nothing in the way of conversation, suiting the spartan just fine. Her mind was abuzz with what she'd learned, and the thoughts of failure and deceit festered. Speaking with Specter had been enlightening - and had confirmed Kassandra's worst fears and suspicions. If the Isu could see such a future, surely they knew Layla would falter? Their intellect knew almost no bounds, so how was it that they couldn't stop the apocalypse? And how did they expect a more primitive people to succeed where they had failed?

Failure was beginning to seem like an inevitability. Despite all the power and knowledge of the ancient ones, they could not secure a future without a cataclysmic end. The cycle would seemingly continue.

But there was one thing that could change it all. It was the slimmest of chances, but one the misthios knew she could and would undertake. Her immortality would prove advantageous. Rather than sticking to the shadows of her world for two thousand years, simply waiting to give it all up for someone else to replace her, only for them to fail... Kassandra could change it all.

Alter Knight disappeared through the gateway, and Kassandra followed closely behind. She grabbed the pendant around her neck, the current form for the Staff of Hermes, and she looked it over. The staff had always spoken to her, a voice in her mind that echoed with old power. It had said a few things when she'd acquired the staff, but in the last two hundred years... barely a peep. She only ever heard from the staff when it was in proximity with another Isu artifact. Aside from that, it didn't make for entertaining company.

Yet in this moment, Kassandra heard it again. The disembodied male voice overpowering the female one that asked for a battlefield. What it said was simple, but it was enough to give the misthios a moment of pause and clarity.

"Paradox detected. Timeline altered. Adjusting prediction... Hello, True Keeper."

Now, she had no idea what a paradox was, but 'timeline' felt self-explanatory. If time could be seen, set on a line, it is what Kassandra would call it. And evidently, her shift in perspective had done enough to alter whatever vision of the future the staff and its Isu creators had foreseen.

Hopefully, it would be enough to stop armageddon.

"Take us to Alexandria, resting place of Alexander the Great," Kassandra answered the female voice, and the world began to shift and shape around the two combatants. She was here to win, now. If she could succeed, she could truly do what the Isu and Layla never could.

She could save everything - and some silly little armored girl wasn't about to stand in her way.

M.O.D.O.K.

The great maw that was M.O.D.O.K.s mouth was wide and agape as he roared in a combination of pain and fury, unintentionally expelling his psychic power in a move that was rapidly reducing the battlefield around them into dust and code. The mutant lost a leg trying to close the distance, trying to dodge through the attacks, but the Man-Mind was too enthralled in his own madness to take notice.

Jeice's fist was thrown, one last hit to end the fight. It met its mark, and before Jeice could tell what came next - a blinding white light seared his vision, the jewel on the A.I.M. leader's forehead seemingly erupting completely. An empty blank void is what greeted Jeice, for only but a moment, as quite suddenly...

He was right back in the lobby.

The roster screen had yet to shift, and M.O.D.O.K. himself appeared beside Jeice, hands raised to rub the Man-Mind's temples as though he had a headache.
"WHAT THE..." he grumbled. "DID I WIN?"

As though in response, the roster updated.

Jeice had moved up the bracket.

"WHAT!?" M.O.D.O.K. roared when he took notice. "IMPOSSIBLE! YOU ARE A SUPREMELY INFERIOR SPECIMEN! A COSMIC FLUKE! YOU MUST HAVE CHEATED, SOMEHOW! GRAAAAH!!"

NEPTHYS

(Auto-Perms Granted By Blue)
Why was this human so intent on hiding? Surely she was aware that the gardevoir could sense her, no? It didn't take a genius to deduce some of the common traits a psychic being possessed. Neph's narrowed eyes were somewhat concealed by her green hair-like helmet. Kirin relied heavily upon those talismen, but after they had failed, she-

The gardevoir's eyes widened as she quickly deduced the strategy. Kirin had applied those talismen to any surface and used them to teleport like lightning across the battlefield. The thrown ones had been a distraction - Kirin's intent had never been to land those.

KE-TSEW!

Nepthys whirled on the spot, raising her arms. Kirin's blade met a psychic barrier inches before connecting with the gardevoir. There was a brief moment where their eyes locked, and the Pokémon didn't need to use telepathy to get her threat across. Kirin pulled back and slashed again, the gardevoir catching it with another outstretched palm, the kinetic barrier a thin film between them, before she fired out a psychic blast.

Kirin yanked back her blade to avoid any damage coming to it as she began to fall. In response, the gardevoir began to drop with her, engaging in the fight on Kirin's playing field. Slashing and hacking, Kirin's movements became a blur, but the gardevoir kept up. Blade cut barrier as they dropped, and for every second slash that was blocked, there was an accompanying telekinetic blast that Kirin evaded to respond with more cutting and jabbing - before she swung her leg to the side, feigning another blow with the sword. Her shin connected with the gardevoir's side, knocking her to the ground just as they reached it.

Immediately, Kirin plunged the blade down, attempting to drive into the Pokémon, but reverse telekinetic blast was enough to make the gardevoir slide out of the way before she quickly brought herself up to block a side-armed swing from the blade with another barrier. Kirin's left hand broke away from her blade's handle as she swung again. The blade was blocked, and again, Kirin was allowed to connect again, her fist battering into Neph's face, who stumbled back, unable to block the next sword-strike that blazed upward.

It wasn't too deep, Neph quick enough to evade any seriously lasting damage, the uppercut of a slash still digging into her flesh, however, leaving a mark from her jaw up toward her forehead, completely severing her left eye. "GAR!" Nephthys yelled, a burst of psychokinetic energy blasting the battle priestess back before she could close the distance again. Kirin was launched into the air, procuring more talismen to throw down, but she was interrupted.

Neph appeared above the priestess, her good eye flaring with teal psychic energy as she raised a palm, a blast striking Kirin in the back and launching her to the ground. The gardevoir raised both of her arms, a frown besetting her mouth in a thin, angry line. The factory Kirin had recently been hiding in suddenly began to rip violently apart, great chunks hurtling from it in an attempt to crush the human.

IRNANE

Even as the nerevarine countered cleverly with a method to ensure Dracula could gain no ground by keeping it close and personal, for the time being, Irnane could tell that the vampire was not fully engaged. His eyes had grown distant. She understood the look of someone consumed in their own thoughts. His cape tore away from the dark elf, dispersing itself at her magic's curse. Yet Dracula's arm stretched out. He barely seemed to register the blade in his gut, nor the lesions slowly splitting themselves all over his face and body.

His hand found her neck - no, it didn't grasp it. It found her platysma, grabbing on gently. His eyes maintained their distance, and Irnane was left puzzled. Was he having second thoughts? A clarity of conscience? His demeanor shift was at first subtle, before sudden, and suddenly, this wasn't a fight anymore. It almost felt foolish having her blade stuck in his midsection. Her brows knit tightly together in mingled confusion and concern as she pulled the sword out. Again, Dracula did not react. She dispersed her magic, clearing the effects to keep her opponent and acquaintance from suffering more lesions, as they seemed suddenly unnecessary.

"Tell me, Nerevarine..."

His gaze finally seemed to focus on her, their eyes connecting. Irnane was moved by what she saw in his, and her free hand reached up to be placed upon the back of his palm. His following questions was surprising. It was as though the purpose of this place they were at had become moot to the count. His ambitions had suddenly... faded. He gave her a lot to answer. What would she do if she succeeded against the Oblivion crisis? What if her selfless desires would bring about her end? What if she would fail in the end? Questions the dunmer would ask herself sometimes, when she was alone in her room, trying to sleep. She had many restless nights. Sometimes she cried those nights away out of selfish pity for her position in life, being someone she'd never asked to become. She tried her hardest every day for the people of Vvardenfell, and Morrowind as a whole, yet she had no friends. No people to rely on. Nobody to support her beyond the superficial house alliance. Being nerevarine was a lonely existence. She yearned for her past relationships, before those had ended, and everything had become so complicated.

She could see those desires reflected in Dracula's eyes, among so many other things.

"You have lived well beyond my years," Irnane replied, her tone softly contrasting their shared violence just moments ago. "The questions you ask, I know they were once for you. Whether you answered them, whether you asked them to yourself, I know not, but they are for me, now. Our paths... perhaps it was fate that brought me to you, and you to I. We are kindred souls lost in a tumultuous sea of our making, destined to suffer for loving too much. I may be young for my people, but I am no fool to see that I very well may bring about my death through my selflessness. I may not live past the threat I face. I may fail in the end."

The hand rested upon his own moved up to slide her fingers to his palm as she grabbed his hand, and slowly moved it away from her neck. "I know what possibilities my future holds. The good... the bad... but despite anything, I must ignore what my mind knows, and obey what my heart says. To save others, I have to risk myself. Even if everything I've done is moot, and all the good is undone by a great evil, I cannot die saying I didn't try. At the end of every day, that's all any of us can do. We try. Failure and fear should not define our paths. Your eyes, Lord Dracula... they tell me so many stories. I will be fortunate to live to tell half as many. But I will still try."

What was meant to be a climactic fight had become a conversation of heart, soul, and purpose. It was not one that Irnane was used to - she never had people to open up to. Nobody who could understand her. But she felt Vlad could understand her, like she could understand him. Even if they were clearly very different people on the outside, in so many ways, and even though he was not secretive of his villainous exploits in life, Irnane felt a strong connection to the vampire, one that had only grown since she'd first laid eyes on him.

Her other hand slid her blade into its scabbard, and reached up. Her palm was placed upon his cheek. A gentle, personal gesture. Her lips curved into a small smile with the taint of sadness behind them as she read the stories of his eyes. "I know your ambition is important to you, but if this fight and victory is what you truly want... then why do you look so sad?"

Nótt

The world took shape around the fighters. Skull had summoned his fighting spirit, his 'persona', William. The masked man counterattacked, swinging his massive mace at Nótt. The Princess and her eagle worked together, Nótt using her lance and Moon-Wing using its wing, to knock Skull's mace off course. It slammed into the ground, and the resulting shockwave pushed Nótt back. She slid across the ground, but kept her footing. Just as she had seen when he was fighting the Cultists and the Hero, Skull was quite strong. Nótt was looking forward to this fight.

The Princess grinned, and glanced around the fighting environment. It was almost as if this place was a corruption of the Archives, red and black and almost dreamlike. As much as she wanted to stare and take it all in, there were more important things to focus on.
"Well, this is an unusual place you have chosen. Is this the 'metaverse' you spoke of earlier?" Nótt asked. She began slowly backing towards one of the narrow bookshelf corridors, keeping her lance pointed at Skull. Then Nótt raised her lance, firing two beams of magical energy at Skull!

Dagr

Dagr blinked, looking down at this adorable little angel boy. Did he just... claim that he killed a god of death? But before she could ask about that, Pit pointed out something much more important. Fights were already ending.
"What?! Oh man, we've gotta get going. I don't want to get disqualified or something." Dagr said, getting up. She grinned at Pit. "Good luck on your fight, Mr. Tourny Veteran. I hope we end up fighting, you sound really strong. Even if you are just small and cute."

Dagr winked at Pit, then walked over to Blue. She easily picked up the Inkling and put the little fighter on her shoulders.
"Well squiddo, looks like it's gonna be you or me. No matter what, one of us is getting eliminated." Dager said, looking up to the Inkling and sighing. She carried Blue out of the restaurant.
"It's been fun, hun. I wish it didn't have to end so soon. But no matter what happens, let's give them one heck of a show!" Dagr said. The two fighters exchanged a fist bump and walked into the arena.

A few minutes later...

Dagr sank to her knees, breathing heavily. She tried to wipe the blue ink out of her eyes, spitting out a bit that had gotten into her mouth. The Princess was covered head to toe in blue ink, and her eagle laid unconscious nearby.
"Jeez. I hope this stuff washes off..." Dagr said, and grinned.

WINNER: DAGR!

Jeice

There was a flash, and Jeice was back in the lobby. He froze, looking around. His armor, fully repaired. And his scouter was back. So, their fight was over. But then, that meant... Jeice quickly turned, looking to the brackets. In the same moment MODOK let out cries of rage and frustration, Jeice was laughing and cheering.
"Aw yeah! That's how the Ginyu Force does it! In your massive, bloated face, mate!" Jeice jeered at MODOK. He laughed, turning to face the mastermind.

"Looks like your big science and math stuff was all wrong, mate! That's what you get for underestimating the Ginyu Force." Jeice said to MODOK. He tossed his long white hair over his shoulder and crossed his arms. "You lost, ya bobble-headed freak."

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ryuji
Now this was what he was waiting for! Ryuji could feel his blood pump as he plopped his weapon on his shoulder. He managed to get space between himself and Nott, but the warrior tried to widen the gap between them.
Ryuji nodded to Nott's question. "Yep! Cool right? Though I kinda expected something else, not gonna lie. That's Mementos for ya."
Ryuji followed after Nott, thinking she was trying to escape. To be his surprise, Nott pulled out her spear, firing two magic projectiles. Ryuji countered by pulling out the Megido Blaster, firing two blasts of his own that clashed against Nott's.
If Nott was intending to use the narrowness of the bookshelves, Ryuji beat her to the punch. He fired again, sending a widespread hail of flaming bullets that would leave her burned!

Magolor
"Impressive..."
So, they could summon up locations that no longer exist. And in pristine condition, no less. Magolor nodded in approval, taking a mental note before returning to the matter at hand. Giving the audience a great show, sponsored by Mag-
" Take this medal, I must go! Onward I pedal, to arrive at my show! "
"Huh? But-" Magolor responded, confused. He caught the medal anyway, but it did nothing to explain why his opponent decided to surrender from the tourney, leaving the mage on his own in front of the audience.
Magolor looked over the medal. He wasn't fooled by it's pretty sheen for a second as he unwrapped the chocolate treat inside, even taking a bite out of it for good measure.
"Well, that happened." said Magolor, watching his surroundings change back into the lobby. Taking another bite, Magolor figured he'd move past...whatever that was. He still had a few questions regarding the now multiple coins in his inventory.

Nótt

Moon-Wing brought its wings in front of Nótt. If Skull had used this weapon during their previous match, Nótt had been to distracted to notice it. The massive metal feathers shielded Nótt from the flaming scattershot.
"You'll have to try better then that, dear!" Nótt called out over the roar of gunfire. The princess struck a nearby table with her lance, a large and heavy one, launching it towards Skull.

She rushed back towards Skull, following up her table throw with another barrage of lance jabs from a distance. If he had a strange weapon like that to fight her in the distance game, she would just have to beat him up close and personal. Nótt attempted to put pressure on Skull, hoping to push him back and force him to backpedal. While a majority of the lance jabs were aimed at Ryuji's face and chest, she made sure to aim more than a few at his legs as well.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Beam
The follow-up attack hit, scoring some blood for the shark. However, before he could ingest it, his arm was ensnared and a surge of energy washed over his body. His muscles seized, and Rinku's yo-yo continued their assault by slamming into his arm. It was not severed, but something crunched. At that point, Beam had blacked out. Survival instinct kicked in, and his form swelled. Transforming his entire body into that of the Shark Devil, Beam propelled himself through the air to try and snap at the still-airborne Rinku! On his way there, he caught the trickle of blood that streaked behind his target, allowing him to heal a small portion of the significant damage Rinku had done.

Mudkip
The mud fish was caught off-guard by the homing Aura Spheres, but was able to put up a makeshift defense. He rose to his hind legs, mud magically generating on his forelimbs. The Mud Slap canceled out the incoming Aura Sphere, but the collision threw off Mudkip's balance. He saw the second incoming, but was unable to block it. Instead, he twisted into his backwards stagger. He rolled and narrowly managed to dodge the second projectile. Instead, it hit the ground, sending up a spray of sand. Before being hidden from view, Mudkip caught a glimpse of his friend closing the distance. So, as he rolled to his feet, he began a charge of his own. A tackle, aimed roughly towards Lucario's legs, but backed by a surprising amount of power.

Kragg
The Empress was not only quick, but powerful too, as she managed to knock one of the brute's feet out from under him. He fell, but caught himself by summoning a small pillar of earth to grab onto. Steadying himself, a shadow washed over him. Kragg felt the strength and confidence surge through him, as well as the knowledge of how to use a new ability. Bakura flip summoned a normally devastating foe, but with his new power, the Earth's Bastion was hardly shaken. He reeled his fist back, his rocky armor shifting to cover his fist in a conical shape. Then he teleported forwards, now in close melee range with the Man-Eater Bug. The lance made of rock was already in motion as he appeared in front of the monster, aiming to punch a hole through the beast. Then, he'd use a second hand to pull the hole wider in an attempt to kill it before it could make a final retaliation.

Rinku

What's with this guy? He should be choking on his own blood by now. Tch, now what's he doing?

Beam suddenly underwent a great transformation, his body now embodying his role as the Shark Devil. His monstrous form was a clear sign that Beam was at his apex. There wasn't much to go off of from this new form, nor would it stay still and let itself be analyzed. Instead, it flew through the air with renewed ferocity.

Rinku, who was currently still coasting backwards from the punch he received, tried to maximize the momentum to gain reaction time. Recalling his Yo-Yo's to himself, he cast each set of them to either side, weaving into a makeshift net.

As Beam crashed through, he struck the net and pushed it forward, snagging Rinku who floated behind it. He found himself struck, wedged right on the upper jaw of the beast, three wires of the net preventing him from falling directly into the maw of the beast. The paralyzing wires of the net embraced the shark, all yo-yo wires pressing up against it.

"Now this...is exciting!!" A laugh escaping Rinku's lips, as he looked down the gullet of the beast he nearly fell in. "Putting up more of a fight than I expected! It's almost a shame you'll die now."

Capitalizing on the paralyzing effect as much as he could, all the Yo-Yos converged. Since they were already on the beast from the net maneuver, they began to dig simultaneously. They would start carving Beam's head, cutting right through his thick skin. And soon, when they would dig and carve enough out of the body, Rinku would yank them all and try to take off Beam's head!

DevVoid

' I know your ambition is important to you, but if this fight and victory is what you truly want... then why do you look so sad? '

These words rung like a reverberating echo in a hollow cavern within the mind of the vampire king. Truly, it was his pure ambition just a few minutes ago to win this tournament for his beloved to be brought back, and he wasn't going to let anyone stand in his way.. so why did he start hesitating now. He was Vlad Dracula Tepes, he had lived for thousands of years, and not a single defeat had stopped him in his tracks, to work towards the goal of the complete and utter extinction of humanity itself.. then, it struck him.

" I've.. I've been here before.. in such a situation.. "

Dracula backed away a bit, creating just enough distance to create a flame between both himself and the Nerevarine. But it was not one of hostile intentions. Like before, it served as a medium for his mind, forming into an image of his past experiences. It took on the shape of a great, unholy figure with large, monstrous arms and several different head-like appendages. A form of Dracula's. And standing before it, was a figure with long, smooth hair and a tall stature. Adrian Fahrenheit Tepes. Alucard. And through the flickering embers and bursting sparks, the flames crackled into voices, forming audible, comprehensive speech.

" Tell me. What.. what were Lisa's last words? "

" She said: ' Do not hate humans. If you cannot live with them, then at least do them no harm, for theirs is already a hard lot. ' "

" ... "

" She also said to tell you that she would love you. For eternity. "

As soon as the recollection of dialogue was finished, the flames swirled around like a vortex, washing away the scenery but still yet persisting as a whole. The Dark Prince held his left arm up, looking into his open palm. Had he truly lost the battle against these dark forces? Had he really lost himself in his own sorrows and rage so much that he dared disregard his own beloved's last wishes.. for so long? All of these time, when he had been brought back to reign and instill fear, he had always..

" It appears I've.. well and truly forgotten myself. I've disregarded Lisa's wishes, I've fought against my own son.. "

The flames crackled and sparked as they took on another form once more, now shaping into a clear view from Vlad's own eyes. It appeared to be some sort of room with carved wooden furniture, a lot of visible detail having gone into renovating this area. Whoever this was supposed to be for, it was evident that there was much love and care put into it. And then, much the same actions that the Dark Prince was doing now was reflected in the fiery memory, the past life clenching its palm into a fist, eyes looking about the room, Alucard once more standing before it. Then, the view turned, the crackling imitating footsteps as the memory panned around to look at a portrait of two familiar faces standing for a drawing, a child in their arms.

" Lisa.. I'm killing our boy. We painted this room, we.. made these toys.. It's our boy, Lisa.. "

The view now panned down as the past memory hunched down and clenched its hands together, blocking the view of the wooden flooring.

" ..Your greatest gift to me.. and I'm killing him.. "

Then, the view moved upwards one last time, looking forward as the past memory of Alucard approached slowly, a broken-off table leg in one hand. The flame had then faded, leaving with only but a few parting words.

" ..I must already be dead. "

Dracula turned his back to his former opponent, looking towards the gateway before clenching his palms and promptly walking toward it, no longer even levitating. How could he have lost himself like that? To join this tournament, to have the hopes of bringing back Lisa.. he did not deserve even the attempt at realizing such a dream, nevermind the opportunity in the first place. Before truly ending this match and erasing his spot in this competition, he spoke his parting words to the Nerevarine before heading on through.

" I hope, for your sake, that your wish does not lead you down the same path as I. Farewell, Irnane Bethryon. "

The Spirit of the Millennium Ring

Bakura scowled, drawing a card from his deck. Kragg's first punch shattered Man-Eater Bug, the weak monster not even requiring a follow-up attack to finish it off. The card he drew wasn't much help either, the Mask of Darkness. No tarot reading this time. In fact, none of these cards would particularly help him defeat this monstrosity. Bakura grinned. So, he would just have to get some new cards.

"Serve me, Judgement Hand." Bakura said, placing a card on his duel disk. A massive, disembodied red hand appeared, floating before the possessed young man.
"And now, I reveal my faced-down card! Go Morphing Jar, sap his energy away!" Bakura commanded. The face-down monster on Bakura's field flipped up to reveal a blue jar made of clay. A tendril of black energy emerged from the jar, a massive eye and toothy grin leering at Kragg. It let out a howl as it rushed towards Kragg. The magical effect would attempt to drain away some of Kragg's energy! Meanwhile, Bakura was allowed to discard his hand and draw five new cards.

"Empress Judge, Judgement Hand. Destroy this pitiful creature." Bakura commanded, pointing to Kragg. Empress Judge rushed towards Kragg and threw a punch at Kragg's chest. Meanwhile, the Judgement Hand flew over Kragg and attempted to slam down on the guardian from above.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ryuji
Moon-Wing shielded Nott, impressively taking the flaming bullets without much issue. Ryuji didn't know how durable these birds were, but he felt he was going to need to take it out somehow.
Nott retaliated, tossing a huge table towards Ryuji, who sneered.
"Yeah? Don't underestimate me!" Ryuji shot back. The Phantom Thief stood strong as he stomped his foot against the table, stopping it in its tracks. Ryuji slammed it down, flipping the table over to act as a barrier between him as the rapidly-nearing Nott. Her lance pierce through the table, just narrowly missing the now obscured Ryuji's face, leaving him with a cut on his cheek. With reckless abandon, Ryuji shoved the table forward, aiming to slam it against Nott to catch her off guard, and for William to follow up with a Ziodyne that would engulf her and Moon-Wing in an electric maelstrom that would leave them with the shock affliction!

Lucario
The water starter narrowly avoided his attack with impressive movement. Though the burst of sand blocked Lucario's direct line of sight towards the Mudkip, the aura pokemon could sense it presence with just as good, if not better accuracy. Just as Mudkip dashed towards Lucario, the aura pokemon dug his paws into the ground and braked, sending a spray of sand into Mudkip's eyes before shoving his palms forwards. Mudkip would crash directly into his arms, the surprising strength of the attack prompting a grunt from Lucario as he gripped onto Mudkip and threw him towards one of the rock formations surrounding them!

Alter Knight
The Knight exited the gateway to something resembling the Rah Empire, but not quite. Kassandra must've chosen another stage of her own, resulting is a mix between the two. Her world certainly was unique.
Alter Knight unsheathed Libera, which changed form into a bow again.
"So, shall we begin?" said Alter Knight calmly. She would begin the battle by shooting a few arrows towards Kass. Wherever they landed, a lightning strike would soon follow.

Last edited:
Nótt

"Unoriginal! Sloppy!" Nótt exclaimed, punching the table. The table broke apart, its strange dream-like material vanishing into the ether. As the table shattered, Nótt could see the spirit behind Ryuji calling forth enemy. It was calling forth an attack, and Nótt was right in range. Lightning rained down from the heavens upon the Jotun Princess.

The light from the attack faded, revealing Nótt still standing strong. In fact, the lighting attack seemed to have barely damaged her at all. Her eagle was holding its wings above the Princess, and a strange purple magical glow formed a sphere of energy around Nótt. It was Moon-Wing's special technique, the AOE Aegis. Magical runes glowed on Moon-Wing's metal feathers, before fading. Nótt brushed some of the soot off her clothes, and the energy field disappeared.

"Now that was impressive, Skull. That stung." Nótt said, smiling at the phantom thief. She lunged at Ryuji, attacking the teen for a third time with a flurry of lance thrusts at Ryuji's face and chest. It was a powerful attack, but its true purpose was a distraction. At the same time, Nótt attempted to kick Ryuji's knee, looking to hyperextend it or even break his leg.

Last edited:

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Beam
The shark was caught in the fishnet, and powerful energy coursed through his body again. His body sailed through the air and landed heavy on the ground. The powerful yo-yos attempted to carve into his skin, but the tough denticles proved to be rather resilient. The shark devil's bulbous eyes rolled back in its head, and bloody foam rolled from its jaws. Beam couldn't form a coherent thought. The smell of his own blood filled his nostrils, but there was a trace of Rinku's blood in the air as well. Demon blood, so it didn't smell great, but it was the blood Beam had to focus on. Letting the frenzy take over, the large, powerful body of the Shark Devil pushed through the paralyzing energy. The shark thrust himself forward with his three undamaged legs and snapped his ferocious jaws at Rinku. These final acts of defiance came in lunges, disrupting the yo-yos' progress and attempting to kill Rinku before Rinku killed Beam.

Kragg
The Earth's Bastion defeated the Man-Eater Bug easier than expected. He'd have to keep in mind that these weren't normal creatures- they were summons. The Morphing Jar revealed itself and attacked first, slinging a tentacle of blackness towards Kragg. He summoned a shield of gravel to meet it, but as it receded, the Empress blindsided him with a straight to the chest. The oversized beetle was knocked back from the Judge's strength. The round Kragg was able to backflip and recover midair, but the Hand was quick to follow up. As it slammed the Wallrunner from above, Kragg reared his magnificent horn to allow the hand to impale itself upon it.

Still, the beetle was slammed into the ground, cracking the ground as he landed. The giant hand burst into a shower of glimmering shards, revealing the Earth's Bastions looking just fine, if not a bit annoyed. He stared at Bakura and his pawns. They were only increasing in number as the fight went on, but Bakura himself showed very little ability on his own thus far. The rock-hurler finally deduced he should definitely be targeting the source, not cleaning up the summons. He stomped a mighty foot, creating a large crack that just continued expanding forward; violently fragmenting the rock as it went. It travelled towards the Empress and then Bakura, though it would do little more than throw them roughly off their feet. From the fragmented stone, Kragg pulled up a small boulder that he threw at the creepy jar monster, and then began charging forward, towards Bakura, seeking to close the distance.

Mudkip
The Mudkip's eyes were already closed as he recklessly charged, so Lucario's sand attack was in vain. However, the Aura Pokémon was still able to overpower the smaller 'mon, and, gripping his bulbous head, hurled the water type towards a rock. As Mudkip tumbled through the air, he saw his destination. Although he was a freshwater-dwelling creature, the Mudkip had an understanding of what to do when faced with a rock. His fighting spirit manifested around his foreleg as he balled a fist, and the mud fish used Rock Smash to blast apart the top of the jagged stone. Mudkip sailed over the remains and crashed into the water. Seawater. Mudkip was a water type, but his kind dwelled in freshwater. He wasn't going to go into toxic shock with such a short exposure, but it was a very uncomfortable environment for him. The basic starter quickly scrambled onto the small rocky island he'd cut short. From there, he faced off Lucario again, and spat another couple Water Guns towards the fighting/steel type!