• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Charmuraji -RX's almost-live picture show-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoops, how did this slip into page 2?

AnarchyAlexRach-1.jpg

GOD MAI OH

This anime...I do not know if I should be disgusted by the amount of sexual innuendo and potty jokes, or if I should salute the anime for taking the Western Style of Animation and pulling it off to an aesthetically impressive degree.​

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
As I expressed in chat, I love it oh so much. :3 The art style is just fun and playful and altogether cool. I'm also loving the weapons in it. XD As well as the facial expressions that Alex and Rach have on. They're a bit scary, for different reasons. :x

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
RX said:
GOD MAI OH

This anime...I do not know if I should be disgusted by the amount of sexual innuendo and potty jokes, or if I should salute the anime for taking the Western Style of Animation and pulling it off to an aesthetically impressive degree.

I knew the art style looked familiar. I've seen one episode from that series, and it's all I could sit through... XD

But damn, RX. Both Alex and Rach look totally badass here. Awesome picture. ^^

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I laughed so hard when I put 2 and 2 together XD

You know what makes you awesome RX? You have your own amazing and badass art style, yet you are still perfectly capable of replicating others. Using the style of PSG to draw Alex and Rach is no exception. Kudos on the amazing job good sir!

I am vaguely reminded of the animation of that cartoon series Jonny Test. Perhaps it is because of the gravity proof hairstyle of Dr. Oak. :p

Rex

Resident Furry
My god RX, they all look amazing. Of course, this being you, this is no surprise. I can't help but feel partially responsible for the personalities that have been given to Sheriff and especially Popo, but of course, that's nothing compared to what the rest of you guys have done so far.

As I said, the work is amazing as per normal and I can't wait to see more.

RX this is so
exactly what I envision them looking like.
Stocker is the best.
Sheriff is too.
They share bestship.
And Popo is so sleepy and darling and Nick totally doesn't make me want to file a lawsuit for being unwittingly coerced into a mortgage <3333

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
RX is so pretty and thus makes such very pretty things. I love how all four of these look XD They're even better than how I imagined them ;P

I approve of this and would not be adverse to more of it~

Last edited by a moderator:
RX, why do you do this to me? You make me love you more with every piece of arts you post and now this epicness from Charming Town is just so <333333

I seriously love the way they all look, and Popo is all groggy and Stocker's all like :D

I love them all, in case you couldn't tell by my blathering post of blather! ♥~

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
This is great. I was hoping that you or another artist would pick these guys up. Seeing them in actual art form is lovely, and you've done a wonderful job capturing their characters. Loving the clothing choices you picked for everyone, too. ^_^

Popo and Stocker are adorable, and I'm really getting a kick out of the other two as well. Nice stuff as usual, RX. ♥

NPCTownHall-1.png

Hi hoooo Hi hoooo Ha hi kwe ho, Ho kwe hi haaaa kwe hoooo
Ho kwe hi kwe, Hi ho kwe ho, Ho kwe hi haaaaa kwe hooooo​

Is that... Pokemon Crossing? It is just BRILLIANT! Wartimer looks old becaue of the chapped lips effect (Don't know why that even came into mind. :p) That glum person that works in the night gives off a smug effect and Pelli is just plain awesome. And I love Zig Nook. Keep up the good work!

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen
awesome art work is awesome, your art is truly brilliant, the shading and poses and colours are great and I can't wait to see more :)

RetroArpein.jpg

Well, since it is (or rather, was) my Birthday, I thought I might indulge you with a look at what I was drawing 10 years ago, after becoming a certified Pokefan, in what I consider the naked baby pictures of my arting days~

Look familiar? Well, unless you've never seen my very first art thread, you will know this to be my own fanmade generation, the Pokemon of the Arpein region. So yeah, compare and contrast away! I designed these critters around the same time Johto showed up, and long before Hoenn. You'll notice a fair amount of prevolutions that have original counterparts who appeared years later, a testimony to the truth that is even a mere child can design better (or equivalent) Pokemon to the official ones

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
That whole last line of Pokemon look very much like Digimon. :x

Also~ adhakfadh;klah Wartortle!!! :V Even though it's an old fella he's so damned adorable! :'D (the Pellipers scare the ever loving hell out me, though. >>;; )

I can see an Ursaring, a Tynamo, and a Crobat lookalike. I have a feeling the Digimon look is there due to the trend of angular heads with angular eyes.

Shiny Pelliper lady with makeup...she looks a bit scary. :p

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Those are great RX! Even in your decade-old fledgling days, you were still magnificent! Better than official Pokemon? Yes. ^^

And I agree with Red and Secad, there are a lot of Pokemon in that set that resemble Digimon, especially the second to last one who is almost the spitting image of Patamon. Were you perhaps as inspired by those amazing Digital Monsters as you were by everyone's favorite Pocket Monsters?

By suggestion of a certain tentacled cat-lover, I decided to revamp my Arpein Pokemon and compare them from how they were back then to how they are now.

MinteaLine-1.jpg

Mintea (ミンタネ Mintane)
Aroma Pokemon
Grass/Rock Type
Ability: Overgrow or Chlorophyll
Height: 1'07" Weight: 12.6 lbs
Evolves to: Locira at Level 16
Base Stats:
HP: 49 ATK: 65 DEF: 47 Sp, Atk: 65 Sp. Def: 46 SPD: 47
Dex Entry:
It sprays a spicy powder at attackers from the leaf on its back. It shows its love for its trainer by giving off a sweet-scented aroma.

Locira (ミンドラ Mindora)
Pack Pokemon
Grass/Rock Type
Ability: Overgrow or Chlorophyll
Height: 3' 07" Weight: 56.3 lbs
Evolves to: Tyrannaur at Level 38
Base Stats:
HP: 63 ATK: 90 DEF: 50 Sp. Atk: 90 Sp. Def: 45 SPD: 67
Dex Entry:
It confuses its prey by spraying a dizzying scent from the flower on its head. Male Lociras unfurl the flower on their head to attract mates and also as a sign of dominance over a pack.

Tyrannaur (ミンドレックス Mindorekksu)
Powerhouse Pokemon
Grass/Rock Type
Ability: Overgrow or Chlorophyll or Solar Power
Height: 7'8" Weight: 526.0 lbs
Base Stats:
HP: 90 ATK: 105 DEF: 80 Sp. Atk: 95 Sp. Def: 75 SPD: 82
Dex Entry:
It sleeps all night long because it cannot gather photosynthetic energy to power its body. It takes in sunlight from the leaves on its back and can expel it as a powerful blast of energy.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
So cute! I love these things. The line looks awesome in color! :D

Maybe I'm biased tho because the final stage reminds me vaguely of Guilmon. XD

You realize now that you must post the other two starter lines, yes? (I assume they're your starter lines at least) Then people can debate over which one they'd choose in your region and stuffs. :3

Lol @ leaf type & thunder type.

I LIKE THEM THOUGH. So many cute Pokeymans. D8 Must have moar.

Hey you! Loving the new pictures! Wish I could get online more often. Hope you're doing well, wifey! As goes for everyone else here. :D Mintea is sooooo adorable~

Sami said:
Hey you! Loving the new pictures! Wish I could get online more often. Hope you're doing well, wifey! As goes for everyone else here. :D Mintea is sooooo adorable~

/dies with ♥

I miss you gurrrrrl ; _________________;

but, eherm, anyways...

Fighting-0.jpg

DOODLE FIGHT​

Wait, no; I meant Fighting Doodle. Yeah, that. Because I've decided I quite like the Timburr line. Timburr itself is adorable, and Gurdurr and Conkeldurr are okay, I guess. They're certainly excellent fighitng types in terms of stats anyway. Though, my favorite fighting type for now is still Machoke; it became my favourite ever since Johto where it helped me wipe the elite four floor, not to mention a bunch of other gyms (teehee Whitney Jasmine Pryce you silly people with your fighting weaknesses) Also there's Scrafty, who is kinda awesome. I dunno, its not very epic-looking for a fighting type, but I still rather like it. Plus, I love drawing the baggy skinpants or whatever~

I love drawing Blazikens :> Or more specifically, I love drawing Naomi's Blaziken, Rochefort. I try to make her look lady-like without giving her something obvious like ginormous chest balloons she shouldn't have...eherm...that, and being the Pokemon of a high-class socialite, she has developed a calm and serious trait. Naomi likes having Rochefort around outside her Pokeball. She's not only a loyal friend, but she's also a kickass bodyguard. Being with Naomi for so long, I like to think she's picked up on how to act like a lady and to not attack every Pokemon out to provoke her~

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
RX said:
Also there's Scrafty, who is kinda awesome. I dunno, its not very epic-looking for a fighting type, but I still rather like it. Plus, I love drawing the baggy skinpants or whatever~

Scrafty is totally awesome. That is my totally biased opinion, but I seriously love the Scraggy line now - and my Scrafty destroyed the leveled up Unova E4/Champion. 8D

Timburr I can handle, but I sadly can't like Gurdurr. That said, you actually made it look GOOD here, which is an amazing feat probably only you could do. Endless praise to you, RX.

Your Machoke and Blaziken are pretty dang snazzy, and I enjoyed the little backstory you posted about Blaziken. It's always a nice addition to any pic. ^^

shtuff.jpg

And then there was another doodle. I am missing a couple of staff poeples here, and to them I apologize, I ran out of paper to put them iiinnn :'<​

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Whooooooooo! Fucking amazing, RX. I adore your group shots! The poses and expressions and detail of the characters and everything is always in-freakin-credible, just as they are this time, too. This is seriously badass-awesome. (I totally created that term just for you) x3

So, am I getting this right? Clockwise from the top left-ish: Stel, Sem, Linkachu, Rach, Alex, El, Baratron, Data, Magpie, RX?

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Weeeeeeeeeeeee :'D

Look at all the pretty~ness and wonderfulls~

Awesome doodle, I always love your group shots too, because they're always so full of detail and character. You have to look at every part to see all the awesome. Loving Data's Teapot. Super awesome, as always good sir ♥

*Totally wants her Magpie hat* I'd never take it off :'D

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Has RX been snooping my facebook feed? My new haircut looks almost just like that >>

But seriously, adoring it to bits ^^ El(?) looks amazing, and I love the teapot. And the banhammer. And for some reason my many-belt. :p

Duuuuuude. I want those armblades.

As for the picture as a whole, why with all those sharp weapons is everyone standing so close together? XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I wish I knew the reference better (still haven't played a Persona game yet, nor have any spare time to do so anytime soon 8D), but your images are very stylish and cool. The eyes in particular are very striking. Cool stuff, RX. ^^

CritSem.jpg

Soooo, the earlier images were prototypes to see if I could emulate the style, and now I'm trying to make it look a bit more like it does during an ingame critical attack. Still don't know what I'm rambling about? nyaaaan~ (Also its Sem, if you haven't guessed :D)

Just came in to say that I loooooove these Personaesque shots- you got the style perrrfectly |DDDDDD~ and everything else XD I love stalking this thread because such amazing stuff shows up |D

Alsoalso that video may be the most hilarious thing ever XD

Great job on the Persona pic ^^ Very similar to the reference, but it still has that little RX twist to it. I love the staff doodles and the Fighting-type Pokemon doodles as well.

Also, like SCT said, that video is hilarious. (God I love Naoto and Kanji so much ♥)

It looks like a Torchic staring behind an Eevee. Is this supposed to emulate poor television reception? If so, I think the piece is quite fitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.