• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Discussion for Mexican Region

Slight change of plans. I talked it over with Hec and he approved, but I want to make sure this is alright with everyone before I continue with it. Basically since Tyrogue isn’t that strong and I’m not a big fan of any of his evolutions, I wanted to see if there was an alternative option. So I’m going a sort of “Ash’s Pikachu” route with things or a “Partner Tyrogue” if you will (though I am not creating any special partner Tyrogue moves).
Here’s my idea, let me know what you think, I’m happy to accommodate or talk things through if anyone has issues with it. “Partner Tyrogue” would be treated like a partner eevee or Pikachu in terms of strength, you could get away with using it in a battle against strong Pokémon, but it’ll still be outclassed (despite putting up some fight) in really competitive battles. I will try to come up with a fair base stat portrayal of it as well.
Partner Tyrogue:
Starting Moves: Mach Punch (egg-hitmonchan), Rapid Spin (egg-hitmontop), High Jump Kick (egg-hitmonlee), Counter (egg), Endure (egg), Feint (egg), Mind Reader (egg), Vacuum Wave (egg), Foresight, Fake Out.
Learned Moves (Tm): Brick Break, Bulk Up, Double Team, Facade, Bulldoze (cause earthquake would be unrealistic for a Tyrogue xD)
Tutor: Seismic Toss, Detect
However, this is not to say he starts off being skilled at all of those egg moves. While he “knows” them, he is not good at them yet and will require lots of training to master them (examples: headache from using mind reader, always misses high jump kick or can’t jump high enough to get it started, uses endure but doesn’t focus enough and still faints, gets dizzy from rapid spin). The moves he will be skilled at using from the beginning are Mach punch, Vacuum Wave, Counter, and Fake Out. By learning tms or participating in specialized training later on, he will learn to master his other egg moves (example: using bulk up allows him to jump high enough to use high jump kick).

Last edited:
Slight change of plans. I talked it over with Hec and he approved, but I want to make sure this is alright with everyone before I continue with it. Basically since Tyrogue isn’t that strong and I’m not a big fan of any of his evolutions, I wanted to see if there was an alternative option. So I’m going a sort of “Ash’s Pikachu” route with things or a “Partner Tyrogue” if you will (though I am not creating any special partner Tyrogue moves).
Here’s my idea, let me know what you think, I’m happy to accommodate or talk things through if anyone has issues with it. “Partner Tyrogue” would be treated like a partner eevee or Pikachu in terms of strength, you could get away with using it in a battle against strong Pokémon, but it’ll still be outclassed (despite putting up some fight) in really competitive battles. I will try to come up with a fair base stat portrayal of it as well.
Partner Tyrogue:
Starting Moves: Mach Punch (egg-hitmonchan), Rapid Spin (egg-hitmontop), High Jump Kick (egg-hitmonlee), Counter (egg), Endure (egg), Feint (egg), Mind Reader (egg), Vacuum Wave (egg), Foresight, Fake Out.
Learned Moves (Tm): Brick Break, Bulk Up, Double Team, Bulldoze (cause earthquake would be unrealistic for a Tyrogue xD)
Tutor: Seismic Toss, Detect
However, this is not to say he starts off being skilled at all of those egg moves. While he “knows” them, he is not good at them yet and will require lots of training to master them (examples: headache from using mind reader, always misses high jump kick or can’t jump high enough to get it started, uses endure but doesn’t focus enough and still faints, gets dizzy from rapid spin). The moves he will be skilled at using from the beginning are Mach punch, Vacuum Wave, Counter, and Fake Out. By learning tms or participating in specialized training later on, he will learn to master his other egg moves (example: using bulk up allows him to jump high enough to use high jump kick).
Hmmm, I don't think that move set looks bad, and it'll give you something to work with before you evolve.

I added Lysia-Ann to my Signature by the way, as well as some info on Sicily. Its ability is Flash Fire, and its current move set is Tackle, Leer, Smokescreen, Ember.

Character sheet:
Name: Anna Twice
Age (15+): 17
Appearance: Long blond hair which extend to her back with strait bangs, she is quite tall for her slim physique and age at 1,67 meters. Light brown eyes with a mole beside the corner of her right eye.
Outfit: Wears a white frilly blouse, light blue short shorts, black stoking's and light brown low heeled boots.
Personality: Anna acts meek and weak. Thinking of herself as a lady and thus being strong isn't what she should try to be. She doesn't like to get involved in any trouble but her kindhearted nature often pushes her to do so. She may not look like it or even want it, but Anna is a natural when it comes to Pokémon battles.
Choose your starter: Mudkip

This took a lot less time than I thought. Quilavarulez btw.

Last edited:
I’m not sure, I typically prefer to just do it as it happens, though I haven’t done a partner double battle before.

Has it been brought up already (I skimmed and didn’t see anything) but how do held items work in this?
Hmmm, I don't really mind that.

Just thinking that the battle might swing to whoever can post the fastest. So we'd probably want to control that a bit.

Hey Eli the Pokemon are out of their Pokeballs. If possible to add a little more details to your posts, I know that's your style but everyone is posting complete posts.
Maker called dibs on Sylvia!
Town map... Great idea! I will make one!