• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Experiment: Monster

"M-my name isn't 219, it's Cephalos." The cyclops said, reluctantly accepting the uniform.

"Ah, thank you, Chiko, darling." Orlocke said, smiling as he tore the bandages from his face, revealing a pair of narrow-pupiled glowing red eyes which both added to his masculine beauty and intimidating appearance. "And might I add you're looking especially ravishing today." Chuckling, he then turned to Lydia to answer the griffin's question. "Well they want us alive physically, yes, but it was the mental state I was referring to. I've seen many a creature become mere husks, hollow shells of their former selves. Those who survive physically are usually broken from within." He smirked at his own words as if he had told a funny joke. Finally, he turned to Xonak, the glow in his eyes almost hypnotic. "As for you, as long as you don't get in my way, you won't have to worry about me. Although, I'll admit you look...appetizing." He chuckled, licking his lips.

SweetAndScary

Previously FearfulNights
"Like orlocke said.....Of course we will Lydia...I know we are....I have been through 65 of 'em" then shoots Orlocke a dirty look as if she did not like him.

Lydia hissed at Orlocke again. “ Eat him, I dare you. “ She flexed her talons, ready to fight if necessary. She didn’t like Orlocke so far, scaring others the way he did.

Xonak took on a disgusted look on his face. "W-why would you-" But then he thought about it. Bug legs? Bug legs seem good. He'd never had any, but he heard they're delicious. Maybe these aren't even bug legs. They might as well be crab legs! Now, crab legs are good. At least to him. Steamed crab, with extra butter... and a dip of his choosing... Xonak found he was drooling, and snapped out of it. "Wait. Who would want to eat a machine?" He asked himself and realized he was being rude again. "Sorry." "You do have a point, though. About the flesh. Part."

Last edited:
"Silly human. Vampires drink blood, you see, and I haven't had a drop in months. So, i'm reasonably famished!" Orlocke said, a slight shudder of bliss in his voice. With a flick of his wrist, he plucked a rose out from seemingly nowhere, holding it delicately with his claws as he glanced back at chiko. "I know it's hard to look away, dear, but it's rude to stare." He chimed. He then looked over to Cephalos, who was leaning against the wall, deep in thought.

"Oh. Yeah." Xonak replied, feeling foolish. HIs mind immediately went to punching himself in the face and giving his blood to the vampire. Then it went to how easy it would be to cut himself with these bug limbs. Nah. Following that vamp's gaze, he also looked over to the Cyclops. "Uh... You okay, pal?" Xonak asked.

(I feel a sudden connection with your character and the Twilight series, gamefreak1996. Is it true?)

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
" I wouldn't have your expectations high, whoever these people are they know how to take us down without trouble, i remember very little but all I remember is fire around me."

At the other end of the room there was another Monster, this one also tied to a stretcher. "Hello friends." He said in a creepy voice that made him sound broken in more than one way. His name is Roger and he was the first experiment to be done on humans in this place, and it was a failed one, he was meant to be killed but the doctors found that he could not be killed because he could regenerate. Roger was a 15 foot man with a strangely large head that was muzzled because he would not stop screaming but it did not last long and he broke it. He also had insanely long fingers that where really tentacles that twitched freakishly. He grinned at them as he cracked his neck.

SweetAndScary

Previously FearfulNights
Chiko had an awkward expression on her face after meeting 3 new monsters...then calmly walked over to orlocke and slapped him hardly across the face "No need to have real blood when you have your own...." then walked over to roger and untied him and said "how was today?" then she smiled and gave him his outfit for the testlabs. "Also....one more thing." chiko said as she turned to Xonak and flipped a switch on the power box on his back and smiled as the exo skeleton flipped out scythes

(Finally back on my computer, where I can type more easily and answer more efficiently. Also, to answer your question, @BeepLettuceBee , no, Twilight is not Orlocke's origin idea. His name comes from the vampire in the old black-and-white film Nosferatu, Count Orlock, and his personality/design is a mix of Hisoka from Hunter x Hunter (his sadistic, manipulative, and creepy personality), and Vega from Street Fighter (his masculine beauty, bloodlust, and vanity))

Orlocke's smile faded, turning into a look of annoyance and disgust as he rubbed his cheek, which had a light bruise on it. It was only for a brief time, but that was the first time perhaps anyone (aside from perhaps Chiko or Roger) saw his smile disappear. Regaining his jovial mood quickly, he walked up behind Chiko and placed the rose he had in her hair. "You better not do anything to ruin my looks, Chiko dear, or I might inflict more...permanent damage to you in return." he said, though his tone sounded more menacing than before. He then strode back to the corner his stretcher was in and leaned against the wall beside it, waiting for the officials to come in with an anticpating smirk.

"N-not really, no..." Cephalos stammered, looking down. "I'm terrified! Here we are just waiting to become lab rats, and for what?! Normally I'd just be bringing my father's livestock down to the valley back at home to graze about now, but instead, I'm standing here waiting for a fate worse than death!" He paused and took a deep breath. "It's just... a lot to take in, okay?" he said, wiping his cheeks dry. "I'm...I'm sorry I snapped."

Last edited:

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
" do any of you remember how you got here or what you last remember, all I remember were Flames all around me.

" I'm pretty sure these humans now how to take us down or to kill us or contain us otherwise this place wouldn't exist."

(@Breon I don't want to come off as rude or as a control freak, but you need to put your entries in past tense and third person. I know it's Lao speaking and all, but the format you're using now could get you kicked out of the RP by an admin, and I don't want that happening. Here's an example:

"Do any of you remember how you got here, or what you were doing before? All I remember is flames surrounding me" Lao said, looking over to the other monsters in the room with him. "I have a feeling these humans know how to subdue, kill, or confine us if a place like this even exists."

Again, not trying to come off as rude, or as a control freak, I just don't want this thread getting shut down or it's RPers getting kicked.)

"I was simply feeding before I was captured. The little brat whose blood I was draining was merely bait, apparently." Orlocke sighed, though he still seemed amused. "Crafty, I'll admit, but those fools only signed their death warrants. I can't wait to sink my fangs into the boss's throat...and watch the light leave his eyes..." he shuddered with delight again at the thought of it.

"I guess...they took me when I fell asleep in the valley." Cephalos pointed out, thinking back. "I was just keeping an eye on the livestock until I dozed off and...woke up here." He let out a sigh and looked up to the ceiling. "I hope my dad's okay..." he added under his breath.

"Awwwww yes. Much better." Roger said to Chiko as his restraints came undone. "Come closer all of you let me know your names." Roger said, he had no way of knowing any of them. (besides Chiko because they have both been here for a while.) Because he was blind and had no eyes, not even eye holes. "No need to be afraid." Roger said standing to his full height and grinning inhumanly large. After that his fingers started to stretch out to touch them. "Come now" Roger said softly.

Xonak whipped around and spotted some freaking huge thing laying on another stretcher. Why is everyone here so tall? I'm only like, what? 2 feet tall? He thought, walking towards that thing on the stretcher. "I-I'm Xonak." he introduced himself. He turned around and said, "Y'know, I could just climb y'all." to everyone in the room. The machine on his back started whirring loudly, and then stopped. "What?"

Lydia scratched the back of her feathered head. “ I think I was eating a rabbit. It was injured and I just thought it was easy prey. Perhaps it was laced with something? “ She questioned out loud. “ Oh, and I’m Lydia. “ She introduced to the monsters who didn’t know her.

"C-Cephalos..." Cephalos nervously said, introducing himself nervously to Roger while keeping his eye on the tendrils creeping toward him.

"Roger, I think you might want to simmer it down a bit. Don't want to frighten poor 'C-cephalos' to death." Orlocke chuckled, "I don't think the scientists want to miss the oportunity to study a Cyclops after all." Cephalos gave him a look that was like annoyance held back by fear. "Sheesh. You make one joke, and everyone turns on you."

"Oh. I, uh, I guess it's my turn to tell my backstory." Xonak realized. "Well, uh, I was, I was at school. During math, math class. So I was doing my work, when, uh, when some policemen came into the room. 'Anyone want to help us with something?' they, uh, they asked. And of course, uh, I went with them. Why? It's math class. No one likes that. I, uh, they led me down to the police car and asked me if I wanted some, uh, some snacks. I was like 'heck yeah I do!' and asked what snacks they had. They, uh, told me the options and I went for, for, uhh, Reese's cup. As they were driving me to the "Police station", I bit into some pill and asked why there was a pill in my Reese's cup. Police-guy told me the pill was a painkiller, and then his partner injected me with something, I fell asleep, and ended up in that, uh, that cage. With bug arms." Xonak told them. He realized that was way too long a story, and apologized. "Got, uh, got carried away there."

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
" how dense are you to fall for a simple trap like that didn't it seems suspicious that you were the only one who came in the police car." lao said, and can someone tell me what number I am I can't see very well without my glasses."

Last edited:

SweetAndScary

Previously FearfulNights
"135" chiko said to lao then walked over to roger and orlocke then said "thanks for the rose" she said as she took it out of her hair "but......its best not to bring a flower into a test lab....they might bring it to life" then she put into orlockes pockets..."in a couple of minutes the round will begin and all test subjects will be released into a large area...then you must fight everyone on the opposing team" then she frowns "you can probably guess why the outfits we must wear is red......"

“ So....we gotta fight? Seems simple enough. “ Lydia stated. She had to fight for her food all the time. Usually against a bear or mountain lion. She almost never lost because she could fly and roar like a lion, scaring competition away.

SweetAndScary

Previously FearfulNights
"No....its not that easy....you arnt fighting animals....your fighting 217 other monsters.....not including us....." chiko said. Then the gates open....as soon as she said that she mouthed "run" then stabbed a monster who attempted to attack her.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
" this is going to be a bad morning" lao said, lao runs towards a group of monsters and tries to suffocate them with his liquid body of tar.

Lydia braced herself when the wave of monsters fell upon her. She unleashed an unearthly screech, and clawed at others with sharp talons. She swept into the air to get a better view of the arena, and picked out a few monster from the other team. She preformed a diving attack, landing on one of the monsters heads and battering them with her powerful back paws.

"Oh very well Orlocke." Roger said and then turned his head back in a unnatural way and made a cracking sound. Since Roger and Orlocke where locked in the same cell they know a small bit about each other. As Roger listen to them talk he waited for the small sounding thing to finish and then began telling his story. "Well now, I guess it is my turn. My story is not as nice as some of yours, you see I was a Kidnapper and a Killer, got away with it for years but some one a had dealing with lied to me and turned me in. They put me in the asylum for strangling people, but I was not there for long as this place found me to be the ideal candidate for their first test on human weapons. It failed they took my eyes and I am more insane then ever, I'm willing to admit it but i am nearly indestructible so it was somewhat of a success." Roger said creepily casually. "72 surgeries and counting!" He laughed and then suddenly stop as he heard the door open. "Crack, crack." Rogers neck made, his arm stretched out and he made a horrible screaming noise even though he wore a smile as he ran out the the battlefield.

Xonak listened to Roger's story and whipped around when the doors opened. His mantis limbs quickly seized a nearby wall and started climbing up the wall. "What in the fre-" He asked, when he felt a searing pain all throughout his body. The limbs flung his body around, and a medium-sized turret emerged from the block on his back. Xonak was very surprised at this, especially when it started firing at other monsters. A turret? Wha-..... When did I get a turret? He thought and craned his neck to see what was going on. The turret was firing relentlessly at anything wearing blue. "I, uh, I never agreed to this."

Orlocke grinned as the doors opened, and strode right into the middle of the chaos rather casually. He glanced around before his eyes rested on a charging oni from Japan, swinging his club wildly. Orlocke casually dodged the blow before delivering an open handed strike to the towering beast's wrist, sending the club flying from his hand and sliding across the floor toward a very frightened and hesitant Cephalos. He then vanished from his opponent's view as he zipped behind the ogre and kicked the back of his knee, causing it to bend, and it's owner to fall backward right into another strike to the neck. The impact made a sickening cracking sound on impact, and the oni fell to the ground, not moving. Satisfied with his work, he left a rose on the oni's corpse and walked off to find a new challenger.

After Lydia had finished kicking the opposing monster, she threw them aside. They were still alive, just very winded. She casually walked through the arena, clawing at anyone in her way. She froze when a rabbit hybrid of some sort stopped her. He was snarling and his claws looked sharp. Lydia’s usually vivid purple eyes became deep abysses of blood red. Her vision changed so she could sense body heat, but she was only focused on the prey in front of her. The rabbit realized, and tried to flee, but Lydia was too quick. She leapt onto the monster, biting his throat. He was dead in mere seconds. She let go of him, and her eyes returned to normal. She looked at the dead rabbit in front of her and shrugged. He should think before he leaps.

Orlocke gazed into the eyes of a blue team member, his eyes flashing red for a brief moment. The very next instant after that, the newly-hypnotized minotaur let out a ferocious roar and attacked the minotaur teammate next to it, ramming it with it's horns. "Hmph. Such simple-minded creatures..." he laughed, looking around for someone else to kill. He then noticed Cephalos still trying to find cover, not even trying to attack anyone. "Don't be a coward, little cyclops. You have to contribute to your team like everyone else." he said.

"B-but I've never been in a fight before! And I sure as heck don't want to kill anyone!" Cephalos shouted over the din.

"Really? So what if you didn't have a choice?" Orlocke said, looking forward again. "Hmmmm...he'll do." Making eye contact with a goblin, he put it into a trance in a similar fashion as the minotaur earlier, and had it charge at Cephalos with an ear-splitting shriek. "You better do something, or he's gonna rake all the flesh off your bones. Just look at those claws." He chuckled. Cephalos on the other hand, cried out and curled up as the creature lashed out at his thick skin with his talons. "Hm. Your loss." Leaving the cyclops to the goblin in it's bloodthirsty frenzy, he began scanning the battlefield again. "Hmmmm, who do I want to slaughter next?"

Last edited:
Lydia was in the center of a the battle, coming in and out of combat. She caught a glimpse of Orlocke and Cephalos, who seem afraid. She let out a screech of fury when a goblin attacked Cephalos. She tackled the goblin to the ground, raking its belly with her talons. Once it had become unconscious, she threw it aside. She looked back at the cyclops. “ Are you okay? “ She asked.

Cephalos nodded timidly. The only injuries he had on his body were a few very small scratches. "Th-thank you..." he whimpered. Then he noticed a blue team troll raising his club directly behind Lydia. "LOOK OUT!" He yelled, his body moving before his mind could register what he was doing. The troll brought the weapon down with all his might, but Cephalos caught it in his arms, preventing the weapon from hitting it's target. The ground beneath his feet caved a bit, and he winced as he heard a small snap from his shoulder, pain following quickly afterward. Then, he felt something rush into him, and with a yell of might, he swung the club around, pulling the troll with it, and flung both of them into the nearby wall, smashing it into debris. The feeling left him as quickly as it had entered him. "Wait...what did I just do?" he asked himself, quite surprised.

Well, I should've hypnotized him earlier. What potential. Orlocke thought as he glanced over his shoulder at the two, a rose falling on yet another of his victims. Just don't expect any more help, my little one-eyed friend. In this place, it's every monster for himself. I just wanted to torment you a little longer, is all. He then casually took a swipe behind him, slashing at a werewolf that was about to pounce on him. He then finished the bipedal lupine off with a strike on his chest over his heart, crushing the organ within. The werewolf flopped over, dead, and the vampire continued to search for victims.

"N-no problem..." Cephalos said shyly as Lydia returned to the battle. He then looked over at the unconscious troll. I hope he's okay... He thought to himself. He then turned back to watch the battle, placing a hand over his injured shoulder and trying to rub the soreness away, and prayed no one else would go after him. He wasn't much of a fighter to begin with, but with that injury, he calculated it would be best for him to stay out of the fight for a while...or preferably for as long as possible.

Xonak watched Cephalos topple the troll, from almost on the exact opposite end of the arena. His mind went to wherever the turret was shooting. He watched multiple monsters get shot in the head, and cringed every time. When it started shooting other monster's fights, Xonak decided that it was time to stop. He reached towards the turret, and accidentally pushed a button next to where it was situated. The turret was sucked back into its box, and Xonak was left stuck to a wall. He noticed Chiko was nearby and yelled: "How do I get down from here?"

Roger let out another scream as he ran into the battle field. Most of the monster on the blue team knew who Roger was and ran only the brave one stood their ground ageist the 15 foot freak show. Roger grabbed the ones that stayed and in a second they died as their life was drained, all they could do was shiver at the madding touch magic on Rogers hands. All of the Monster near by are hiding from Roger they have learned that he is blind, Roger walked around the Colosseum breathing heavily with a dry voice. Snap! Roger heard and he turn to the direction it came from and let out a scream that was unearthly. The thing he found was another cyborg, he stepped on he stick, that is what made the snap. The cyborg fired a few hundred rounds at Roger but he did not stop as the bullets hit him, all the damage they did was quickly healed by renegotiation, pulse Rogers insane and it usually takes a lot more to kill some one insane. The cyborg was grabbed by Roger and after feeling what he was Roger knew that this one would not die to his touch, so he ripped it in two and walked off to find more victims.

SweetAndScary

Previously FearfulNights
"JUST JUMP OFF" chiko screamed back at Xonak as her body changed into almost a copy of Xonak. Then jumped onto the wall and ran to him "oh....you have more than one weapon if you don't like your current mod" then she jumped off and turned back to normal as she ripped the throat of a harpy attempting to attack her. Then whispered to herself "the more you kill.....the more you get to eat ,chiko" then continued on with the start of her corpse eating frenzy.

SweetAndScary

Previously FearfulNights
Then she sprinted over to orlocke and gave him a piece of bloody flesh "the best one yet if you ask.....you know this is the only time food is available to us" then went to help roger with his share of the hunt.

"You're truly a lifesaver." Orlocke chuckled as Chiko zoomed off. He then sank his fangs into the flesh and drained what blood he could. Starting with a moan, which soon burst into a frightening laugh, he began to feel some power return to him after his forced famine. Rushing in to a group of enemies, he quickly cut them down with his claws, moving as a blur. Two harpies dove down at him, but soon regretted it when the saw his form begin to change. His body broke down into a black aura, then resimulated into an enormous, nightmarish wolf. The harpies flapped their wings to try and escape the waiting jaws of the wolf, but were quickly snapped up, and after a moment, spit out onto the floor. Shifting back to his normal form, the vampire continued seeking out foes to slaughter.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Lao heard what chiko said about the only time food is available and so lao start to devour the monsters trap in his body whole and stretches his arm towards a group of monster together grabing a hand full of them and starts fulling them with his tar and after a few seconds the monsters stand up and starts to attack their own team.

" it's nice to have minions who are obedient, this is going to be quite as feast."

Lydia heard Chiko comment that she his would be her food and rushed over to the rabbit hybrid she previously killed. She had lost tufts of fur on her flanks, and blood trickled from a wound on her face. She didn’t mind though, it was only part of life.
She hungrily ripped at the rabbit, and having no teeth, are the chunks whole. It wasn’t as good as forest rabbit, but it was prey.