• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vader and Thor are the most OP characters I see in this RP, but I'm going to request that for the sake of Peter and Tony's characters that you make Thor and Rocket their pre-Infinity War versions. Actually, maybe you could just take Thor so we can preserve that initial dialogue from Infinity War? We've still got Tony and Thor to be the Marvel funnymen.
Tony: So if you put the hammer in an elevator...

Darth Vader already lost to Spider-Man in this RP, he is not that OP and Thor would murk him.

And actually, I think I have an answer character to MCU Thor (Barring Stormbreaker) that doesn't screw with the general scaling of my cast if we do include him. Akame from Akame ga Kill!

She is quick enough to avoid lightning, and her sword injects a lethal poison if she gets a cut on the flesh of a target. Thor has been stabbed so he is not immune to bladed weapons, so Akame's special sword should work. The sword itself can still be blocked and avoided plus her general speed/strength scales off my cast nicely.

But really I just want my characters to be relevant and not overshadowed by Thor doing literally everything.

Psht that's exactly how I feel with my cast of ordinary men and androids xD
But we really haven't seen what Vader's capable of then, since he would totally be able to take out Spider-Man if he was using the force to its full capabilities. I've said it before, I'll say it again - Psychokinesis is the most broken superpower save space/time manipulation.

TONY HAD DOCTOR STRANGE, SPIDER-MAN AND HALF THE GUARDIANS BACKING HIM UP, NOT A FAIR COMPARISON
Also that was with the Bleeding Edge armor, this is the Mark XLVII.

Lucario’s Aura matches the power of the Force, and it helps Lucario see into the future to sense oncoming attacks. He could take Thor in a fight. And Spider-Man had help from Alec’s Digimon team, Erza, Iron Man, and Yang when they fought Vader. It wasnt JUST him. Also, Alec could probably take Thor in a fight as well. One Digimon stood a chance at beating Vader, so three or four could probably beat Thor.

TONY HAD DOCTOR STRANGE, SPIDER-MAN AND HALF THE GUARDIANS BACKING HIM UP, NOT A FAIR COMPARISON
Also that was with the Bleeding Edge armor, this is the Mark XLVII.

There was an exchange where Tony was the last man standing and made Thanos bleed, did better than the Hulk did.

Also Spider-Man ranking up the Ws so far in the RP. Beat Darth Vader, Bowser and Lucario back to back to back XD.

And Spider-Man had help from Alec’s Digimon team, Erza, Iron Man, and Yang when they fought Vader.

Erza & Yang showed up after Vader was already beaten. Erza helped with Bowser (But Erza was kinda useless in that fight as Bowser kinda shrugged off her blows and Spider-Man did the heavy lifting) and Yang helped with Lucario though again Spider-Man did the bulk of the work. Just to clarify.

Spider-Man didn't have help from Yang, Erza and Tony with Vader, that was with Bowser and Lucario. As a Pokemon student, I can safely say being able to sense where your opponent is behind walls and tell if they're a good person or not doesn't match psychokinesis, which is - again - one of the most broken superpowers in the history of superpowers.
Oh, and Cobra, can you respond to the RP?

I think Darth Vader is fine so long as we don't abuse that power, Vader couldn't do everything in canon so he couldn't & shouldn't shrug off everything here. And he's already been beaten so Cobra is being fair about it.

I mean, if everyone ganged up on Thor, they could probably defeat him. Or maybe even just some of them. If Tony, Spider-Man, Vader, Erza, Lucario, and Yang fought Thor and Rocket, the former would probably win.

I kinda want the power trio of characters to become Iron Man, Yang and Spider-Man as I think they'd fight really well together. Plus they've already got the comedy trio dynamic as close friends on this adventure. Anyways, Cobra, mind replying to the RP?

But is that really balanced if it takes several of our OCs to compete with one of yours? And my concern is more Thor will handle every problem we have and our cast becomes useless in doing things in the story.

I'll think it over, I think I can make it work just making some concerns clear is all.

Well, it did take multiple characters to fight Lucario and Bowser, and it also took a ton of them to fight off Elidocorc and Trixie, who were just two characters, and it ended up taking more than ten to fight them off.

Well, it did take multiple characters to fight Lucario

Yang forced Lucario back by herself and really any of my characters could fight him one vs. one. Just became everyone vs. Lucario & Bowser so it appeared that way more than anything. Lucario spend most of the fight just avoiding things and on the defensive.

Well, we kinda need at least one character who stands a chance at doing some damage to Zeliyis on his own. It took Vader, Ridley, Spider-Man, the Lions, Shadra, Alec, his Digimon team, Catgirl, Jay Mexicano, Variant Fox, and some others to defeat one of Zeliyis’s henchmen without even killing it. How would they stand a chance against them all without someone with enough power to possibly defeat Elidocorc with the help of a few others?

I missed that fight.

If a henchman is that OP then we are scaling our villain why higher than our cast can handle. Though I don't think having a superman-esque character solo them is the solution either. But I do agree it is an issue. I'm sure there is a way to work in Thor without having him sole every problem and overshadow everyone I just need to think what that could be.

Honestly if I wanted to I could try to justify buffs to my cast.

Hiro went toe to toe with Disney's Hercules, a demi-god of strength. In my eyes Erza beats Hiro straight up so she'd scale up to that level as well. Though Lucario, Toph & Yang are more tricky to deal with.

Scale Yang to Tifa. Easy solution xD

Possibly XD.

Honestly my cast is pretty balanced compared to each other with this updates who'd beat who chart.

Erza Scarlet beats Hiro straight up 7/10 times. Both use versatile magic, but Erza has more power, even greater versatility and some of her armors (Flame Empress etc.) counter his elemental magic.

Toph beats Erza 9/10 times, since Toph controls metal and the basis of Erza's entire style is metal swords and armors for fighting. I didn't put it at a 10/10 because Erza does use magic armor and we don't know how that effects Toph's metal-bending but still.

Lucario beats Toph 7/10 times, as he is stronger physically and as a fighting type can smash most rocks or metal objects Toph makes plus can match Toph's seismic sense with his Aura perception.

Yang beats Lucario 7/10 times, as Yang is physically stronger and her ability to take a hit and hit back harder makes her favorable in bear fist brawls which Lucario specializes in.

Hiro beats Yang 7/10 times, cause Yang has issue with quicker opponents who can get a lot of strikes in. Which Hiro is pretty nimble given his fighting style and his versatility (And ability to fight at greater range than Yang) gives him an edge.

Out of my cast, Stark's gonna get more victories out of his more adaptable fighting style and high intellect, but when it comes to raw power and skill it's hard to beat Z. X and Y have about an even amount of victories, Nathan's gonna have to fight super strategically and Keda takes the most losses.

If Thor and Rocket get approved, Spider-Man and Thor will probably have the most wins of my characters because Thor is OP and Spider-Man can utilize his tech and web shooters in very complex and unique ways to outsmart his opponents. Vader would probably be next due to the Force, after him comes Rocket because of his tech and his knowledge of weapons, and Bowser in last due to his tendency to run into battle without thinking and his low IQ despite his brute force.

If Nebula can survive it, Bowser (Who has tanked some pretty serious stuff over the years) could endure it as well.

And Ronan

Bowser held up his entire castle on his own and can tread through lava like no one's business! He could take anything ROCKET could dish out.
Oh and let's just not mention Bowser surviving both a supernova and a black hole.

Drax didnt shoot Nebula with the Hadron Enforcer. Quill had it at the time. And even then, Nebula’s cybernetic body has enhanced regeneration that helps her heal quickly. And Ronan had an Infinity Stone at the time. The Power Stone, no less.

I mean classic Bowser has the same general powers in every game more or less. Except the RPG series.

I would've used Smash Bowser, but that is just me XD

If we really are going to Project X then, I suppose my characters could use a bit of interaction with the others then.

*Polino could be seen shaking his head at the creator after hearing such a statement, as he builds a wall of tetrominoes while the current president eyes over him with a grin*

Since Project X is a universe from my own mind, I guess I can explain a bit more. The world of Project X is really similar to our regular Planet Earth, with the same fiction and such. Only difference is that the Cold War continued past the 1990s, and eventually evolved into the Hot War - aka WWIII. This war's been raging for a century and a half, with both sides armed to the teeth with nuclear weapons but neither willing to use them due to Mutually Assured Destruction. So instead, the arms race became the tech race. Massive advancements in technology were made to try and leave their foe in the dust, and whenever one side got behind they stole from the other to even the score. Enter the present day, 2172, where the NAC (North American Coalition, basically the US, Canada and part of Central America) has created combat androids known as X and Y to try and win the war. Almost every soldier is equipped with their own personal AI, as AI have flourished after the efforts of Nathan's grandfather, and they all use laser weapons. It's dumb sci-fi, I hear you saying, but realistically searing hot plasma that burns through human flesh is a much more effective weapon than bullets. The NAC and the Soviets battle mostly across Europe but sometimes at other places too. It's essentially a giant world at war with a crap ton of advanced tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.