• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

First Shiny ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Type your first shiny ever caught and its last move set you used on it.

Example: "Linoone ( evolved from a shiny Zigzagoon) with Gluttony and the Wiki Berry. The moves I had on it were Extreme Speed, Belly Drum, Stomping Tantrum, and Shadow Claw."

THIS IS REAL

Last edited:

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
My first shiny is an Eevee in Pokemon Sun, I SOS chained for it and was using a Jolly Synchroniser to try and get the right nature, which I did; I don't think it has the right moves or has been EV trained yet, but it's still quite special. Pretty sure it's male, and I know for a fact that his ability is Adaptability, I'm planning on making it the centre of an Eeveeboost team, too.

You know, I don't know if it's because I've never been THAT interested in catching a Shiny Pokemon. But in 14 years of playing Pokemon, I have never caught a single Shiny Pokemon. Overall I've never though that I needed to catch a Shiny pokemon. The only want I'd really want on my team so far is Umbreon's one!

You know, it was about 18 years ago when i found my first shiny (other than the red gyarados) on silver, and that game is now dead from the internal battery dying. But I know I caught a shiny scyther in the bug catching contest, and had a box full of random shinies including hoothoot, unown, blissey, politoed, and electrode.

But for pokemon games gen 3 and onwards my first shiny was tentacool in sapphire, many years later i caught a shiny tentacool for my alpha sapphire play through fishing on dewford right after getting the rod ;)

It wasn't long ago, I was playing a fan game when I found a shiny Mawile in a crystal cave, it had good ivs and it was an adamant one too, it was the p e r f e c t mawile, it was my first ever shiny

First Shiny I ever caught was a Drowzee in my HeartGold. I don't remember it's moveset and I haven't evolved it yet, since I haven't played HeartGold in years. XD I remember it had Hypnosis, Smog, probably Double Slap and something else, and it was around Level 20 since I was trying to evolve it before I stopped playing it after a century. XD

I can’t quite remember which one I caught first but I came across a shiny Clefairy and Geodude in an early playthrough of Pearl. A few years after that I found a shiny Krabby in Soul Silver, and a shiny Lillipup in White. That Lillipup in particular was pretty special as I distinctly remember that I had just beaten the game for the first time, and decided that instead of flying to wherever that I’d walk through Route 1 again, as my own little finale to my favourite game in the series. Well it’s damn lucky I did because a few steps in and boom, shiny.

Unfortunately I don’t have any of these shinies anymore as I lost almost all of my DS games several years ago. Thanks to Let’s Go I’m working on recatching some new shinies as a bit of a homage, but I think that Lillipup is going to allude me for a long time.

I seem to be cursed with horrible luck when it comes to shinies. I've played Pokemon games for about five years now, and have never encountered a wild shiny in the mainstream games. Of course, GO is a different story, what with how high the odds are to get a shiny there. Honestly though, I've spent 30+ minutes at a time once or twice SOS battling Eevees, Trapinches, and Snorunts in Pokemon Sun and have not encountered a single shiny. If GO counts though, I suppose my first shiny would be a Magby that I hatched from an egg.

sentientfoxxo

Previously YeltonLongNose
My first shiny was encountered the second day playing Ultra Moon. I wanted a Carbink so bad, that I accidentally killed one, next Carbink I found was shiny. I named it Crys,

My first legit, no cheat shiny was a shiny Zubat in LeafGreen not too long ago. I was cursing at not having any repels before but boy was I glad I didn't. I'll love that green lil' bat forever.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
First wild Shiny was.. I don't remember which one came first. I'll just put down both.

I had recently started my Pokemon X Wonderlocke. I had the Shiny Clause active (thank goodness). I went into Santalune Forest, and got my encounter for the route (a Scatterbug). I decided I'd grind with the wild Pokemon a bit, so I walked back into the grass. The very next encounter? A Shiny Pansear. I freaked right out, nearly fell of my bed. I allowed myself to catch it, and later evolved it into a Simisear. (I lost it to that one Heracross with Counter in the fighting gym shortly after. RIP Blaze, you will be missed.)
I've already completed USUM, and haven't restarted it, as I wanted to complete the Pokedex. I was in Vast Poni Canyon (I think), searching for missing dex entries. I walk into the grass, and a Carbink appears. I felt like the color was a bit off, but didn't think anything of it. Until it sparkled. I'm pretty sure this was my first wild shiny, so I was insanely happy.

my first shiny? - it was a Mienfoo in Black 2 -
I remember just wanting to train for the Elite 4, as my team at the time was a bit under, on the green grass - a Mienfoo showed up, shiny coloring made me smile (at the time of the 5th gen, it was my favorite of all shinies)

iiSilvertank

Previously SilvertanK
I used to play Pokemon Crystal on an emulator and I got a shiny Tyrogue. I stopped using it when it had a moveset with:

Tackle (I think, i honestly kinda forgot the moveset.)
Dizzy Punch
Headbutt

Not a very good moveset tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.